Author Topic: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household  (Read 50379 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2018, 11:31:51 AM »
When Victoria and John Bradford aged up to elders, they had one toddler (at the beginning in CAS) and adopted 11 toddlers and had the following:
Final Score: = 6,027

Here is the math:
3675 ts
1.64 sm
3675 X 1.64 sm = 6,027
Final Score = 6,027

1 toddler (at the beginning in CAS) and 11 adopted toddlers 
Mary 5 sm, 375 ts, John 5 sm, 300 ts, Genevieve 5 sm, 225 ts, Carrie 6 sm, 300 ts, Grace 5 sm, 225 ts, Helen 5 sm, 300 ts, Rose 6 sm ,300 ts, Frances 5 sm, 375 ts, Betty Lou 6 sm, 350 ts, Lisa 5 sm, 400 ts, Jeff 6 sm, 300 ts, Lane 5 sm, 225 ts

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »
That was fast, coolsim!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »
Thanks a lot, Metro 8). That was such a fun challenge!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2018, 12:19:06 PM »
@coolsim9999999 I am always amazed at how quickly you finish these challenges!  I admire your ability to just get in there and do it.  I think I spend almost as much time creating my sims!  I know that their hair, clothes, shoes and nose length have absolutely no impact on the competition or score, but, nevertheless, there I am, every time, scrolling through looking for just the right outfits!  Even if I know I'm not going to ever let them put on their swimsuits or go to a party, I still have to pick those myself.   ;D ;D ;D

And then I play mostly on normal speed, so, there's that . . . .  ;)

Congrats on completely so quickly!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
@coolsim9999999 I know that their hair, clothes, shoes and nose length have absolutely no impact on the competition or score, but,

but, nothing...remember what Billy Crystal (aka Fernando on SNL) said..."It's better to look good than feel good"

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/fernandos-hideaway/n26871?snl=1

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 01:01:20 PM »
@coolsim9999999 I know that their hair, clothes, shoes and nose length have absolutely no impact on the competition or score, but,

but, nothing...remember what Billy Crystal (aka Fernando on SNL) said..."It's better to look good than feel good"

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/fernandos-hideaway/n26871?snl=1

You look Marvelous

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »
Thank you very much @GlazeyLady!  Your scores always impress me  8).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2018, 01:45:49 PM »
Well done on getting it done so quickly @coolsim9999999 . I think I may favour adopting the girl toddlers too. @GlazeyLady I am the same with picking the initial look of the starting sims and must admit i picked the toddlers to adopt in test runs based on looks (also names strangely enough) too  :-[ ;D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2018, 01:52:33 PM »
Thank you very much @cyclonenic! I always think of possible names, and @GlazeyLady , any Sims that I make in CAS have to look good together, and have nice hair, and I was happy that girl toddlers were available because they come with cuter outfits and hair  8) --- boy toddlers are fun, too.

Offline Ronnie8437

• Nooboo
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »
It's been a long day, but finally, the challenge is over! My couple (Oliver and Evelyn Stone) had 7 toddlers in total (the one from CAS and 6 more adopted). My final score, when they aged up to elders, was 5298(.75).
Here's my stats: Allyson (created in CAS) had 5 skill points and 450 Satisfaction points; Valentina had 5 skill points and 325 satisfaction points; Giulia had 6 skill points and 625 satisfaction points; Jessica had 4 skill points and 550 satisfaction points; Beatrice had 6 skill points and 500 satisfaction points; Francesca had 4 skill points and 750 satisfaction points; Roberto had 5 skill points and 725 satisfaction points. This means that my Toddler satisfaction was in total 3925 and my skill multiplier was 1.35

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:46 PM »
Have a quick question about the child skills/multiplier. In the example where it states "5 child skills" or "8 child skills" is this points within the specific skills or are there more than 4 toddler specific skills you can acquire? Sorry for my ignorance, I rarely pay attention to the toddler skills as just keeping them fed seemed challenging enough in normal play.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2018, 09:05:10 PM »
Have a quick question about the child skills/multiplier. In the example where it states "5 child skills" or "8 child skills" is this points within the specific skills or are there more than 4 toddler specific skills you can acquire? Sorry for my ignorance, I rarely pay attention to the toddler skills as just keeping them fed seemed challenging enough in normal play.

When your toddlers age up to children, they will get child skill points based on how many toddler skill points they had. You'll get a pop-up listing the various skills. Those are the ones you count. The most they can get is two points in each category (mental, social, motor, and creativity) and that's where the 8 potential points come from.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:05 PM »
Thanks @reggikko for the quick response. I was reading the guide and if you level each toddler skill to level 5 you get level 2 as a child. Is this what is represented in the "pop-up" list you mentioned or is that something different? Thanks again for your help.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »
@IronicBeauty
Yes, that's mostly correct. When your toddler ages up, there's a pop-up where you can pick the child's aspiration and trait.
The starting levels of their Creative, Motor, Social, and Mental skills will appear there.

Here's an example from a challenge that's obviously not Rug Rats, lol.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2018, 10:03:53 PM »
Oooh, I think I finally get it! The level to which you get the toddler raises the bar in percentage increments when the toddler ages into a child. Thanks so much @oshizu  ;D

anything