Author Topic: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household  (Read 51378 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »
Well... one of my parents just died. I can think of at least fifteen more colorful ways to say that, but I'll keep it clean.

Assuming I can't count anything from the toddlers still in progress in the household, my partial score for this utter disappointment is as follows:

Total toddler satisfaction: 6950
Skill multiplier: 1.34

Final score: 9313

I'm not sure if you need to throw in the towel quite yet. Let's let other team members weigh in, but looking over the rules I am thinking that you could continue and finish when the surviving parent ages up to Elder. I mean there's the rule that one has to be on the lot at all times. Check. That's not going to be a problem. Not 100% sure here, but there is no rule stating you're done if one dies.

----

EDIT: Was your surviving parent off the lot at work, @lesleyj42 ? If that's the case, then I suppose it is game over.

No, she was on the lot, but she is the employed one. Unless she can quit, this challenge is pretty much over for me.

@LenaLJ @sdhoey @MarianT -- weigh in on this. Unless I am missing something, she could continue with the surviving parent given there is no rule stating it's game over if one dies. The survivor was on the lot and could immediately quit the job.

I'd say she can go ahead and quit.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2018, 01:37:48 PM »
Well... one of my parents just died. I can think of at least fifteen more colorful ways to say that, but I'll keep it clean.

Assuming I can't count anything from the toddlers still in progress in the household, my partial score for this utter disappointment is as follows:

Total toddler satisfaction: 6950
Skill multiplier: 1.34

Final score: 9313

I'm not sure if you need to throw in the towel quite yet. Let's let other team members weigh in, but looking over the rules I am thinking that you could continue and finish when the surviving parent ages up to Elder. I mean there's the rule that one has to be on the lot at all times. Check. That's not going to be a problem. Not 100% sure here, but there is no rule stating you're done if one dies.

----

EDIT: Was your surviving parent off the lot at work, @lesleyj42 ? If that's the case, then I suppose it is game over.

No, she was on the lot, but she is the employed one. Unless she can quit, this challenge is pretty much over for me.

@LenaLJ @sdhoey @MarianT -- weigh in on this. Unless I am missing something, she could continue with the surviving parent given there is no rule stating it's game over if one dies. The survivor was on the lot and could immediately quit the job.

I'd say she can go ahead and quit.

I agree with Marian on this one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2018, 03:59:41 PM »
@lesleyj42 -- Looks like you have the green light to continue. Lena has been on in the last couple hours and would have spoken up if she felt differently. Have your employed Sim immediately quit her job and remember to keep her on the lot at all times. Good luck finishing up. :)

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »
Well... the Challenge Team graciously allowed the surviving spouse to quit her job (Thank you, Team) and finish raising the two toddlers that were in the house when her wife unexpectedly met Grim. Since she couldn't leave the lot, no further toddlers were adopted (but she did splurge on a big screen TV and a comfy bed). Revised score is as follows:

Total toddler satisfaction: 11050
Skill multiplier: 1.48

Final score: 16354

I had to end 10 days before the surviving parent aged up to elder (last remaining toddler's birthday).

I wish I could say I enjoyed this one, but Grim crashed the Rug Rat party for me. Hopefully House Hunters will turn out better.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2018, 07:23:49 PM »
I wish I could say I enjoyed this one, but Grim crashed the Rug Rat party for me. Hopefully House Hunters will turn out better.

Yeah, it was a tough break. As good of a player as you are this event will undoubtedly be one you drop once your participation gets above 10 events.

Offline xyliajames

• Nooboo
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2018, 02:01:33 PM »
@lesleyj42, if it won't give away a strategy, do you mind sharing how your parent died? Or we could wait until the event is over if it does.

I hope a lot of people chime in at the end on what traits they gave their parents and how that worked out. I just think it's fascinating that some parents do what you'd hope they do but others wander around getting into trouble. (And I'm usually a very controlling player so this is a super-difficult challenge for me. Not the toddlers, although they are making my hair grey. But having to sit there watching the other members of the house be so dumb.)

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2018, 10:48:49 AM »
I have to say I'm glad this one is over! I battled on despite numerous glitches and ended with...

Toddler Satisfaction: 14800
Multiplier: 1.81
For a total score of 26788

Looking forward to hearing the strategy once the event it over. Time to start flipping houses now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JocyMc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »
The Brady Bunch ended with 18 toddlers.

TS:  5850
SM:  1.07

Total Score 12,109

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2018, 01:44:03 PM »
its a shame that
If you have toddlers left in the house when your parents become elders, you don't get any points for them.
cause my last two were only a day from ageing up when their dads went grey >:<

but with the first nine kids we got: 9475 x 1.54 = 14,591

(irl the house is full of my brothers students rn and i am SO GLAD sim kids arent this loud cause i wouldve quit the challenge day 1 if so!!)
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline oxJennxo

• Nooboo
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2018, 09:30:52 PM »
This is my very first challenge here and I really enjoyed. 

The Moonglow's ended with 16 toddlers.  I did not have my timing down as I would have liked.  With a full house, I had to stop with the adults 3 days to elder because the the oldest child would not be a teen for 4 days.

TS: 7325
SM: 1.81

Total Score: 13,258.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
My parents raised a total of 19 toddlers.

TS: 19625
SM: 2.32

Total Score:  45530

Offline ibbygidge

• Nooboo
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »
Oh my goodness I made it! At some points I was literally only able to play for 5 minutes at a time before needing breaks. Wow, I appreciate my 1 real toddler now so much more!

The Neverland family survived 18 little ones!

Total satisfaction: 35,575
Total child skills: 102
Skill multiplier: 2.02

Total score: 71,861

Offline fluffyj00

• Nooboo
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »
The Toddler's (very imaginative name) ended with 9 toddlers.  I learned a lot about toddlers with this challenge.  By the end, I was fully ready to be done, and can't even imagine trying to do this one again!

TS: 6550
SM: 1.61

Total Score: 10546

Offline xyliajames

• Nooboo
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »
Jemma and Leo Fitz-Simmons had the worst luck in the Sim Diaspora. Leo died on Day 6 and Jemma, in her grief, set the lot on fire. From that point on, it was a race to see which would happen first: the Social Worker coming because no one's needs got met while the fire was raging or if Jemma would die in the fire that she watched burn for two SimDays.

The Social Worker won.  :(

The three kids they did manage to raise scored the following:

Alpha (1350 TS, 7 SP), Beta (1250 TS, 7 SP), and Gamma (1000 TS, 7 SP) for a total of 4320.

I can't wait to read everyone's strategy. I apparently had the anti-strategy. My practices went really well though. I guess the game was saving all the fun for the real event!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2018, 06:24:20 AM »
@xyliajames -- I am entering 4356 for you on the leaderboard. TS = 3600. Your multiplier = 21 skill points = 1.21. 3600 X 1.21 = 4356.