Author Topic: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household  (Read 51241 times)

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »
Any restrictions on build/buy times or are we free to enter at will?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
Any restrictions on build/buy times or are we free to enter at will?

Just make sure you are familiar with the general rule...

Editing Non-Home Lots - Anything from personal inventory that can be placed on a non-home lot is allowed. But, going to buy/build mode F2/F3 is not allowed for non-home lots. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 10:19:46 AM »
Do you have any mods - even ones that shouldn't matter?  I have some hair and clothing mods, along with a mod to give me 4 columns in CAS, that I play with outside of challenges.  After an update, my sims started just standing around not doing anything for hours.  I removed the mods folder and problem solved.
I do not have mods installed. I tried repairing the game and each time it stops freaking out but only for a little while. After the Sink Your Fangs challenge I did a hard reinstall and removed every old file I had and so far have been fine. If anything will prove if it’s fixed, this challenge will.  :P

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 03:23:40 PM »
Hi Challenge Team. As the toddlers can't prevent abductions via satellite dish can you please add into the rules that the parents can "prevent abductions" as an additional allowable action please.

Offline Voidcritter

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 03:28:05 PM »
The rules say one parent maybe get a job at the beginning. Does this mean, should that sim get fired because I can’t make them go to work, they can’t get a second job?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 03:30:46 PM »
Hi Challenge Team. As the toddlers can't prevent abductions via satellite dish can you please add into the rules that the parents can "prevent abductions" as an additional allowable action please.

Yep, good call, cyclonenic. I'm on it.
Wait...we already have that...you can use the cheat.

The rules say one parent maybe get a job at the beginning. Does this mean, should that sim get fired because I can’t make them go to work, they can’t get a second job?

Correct. Hopefully, that will not happen. *fingers crossed*

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 04:36:27 PM »

Wait...we already have that...you can use the cheat

Hi Metro, you have the cheat to buy yes but to prevent abductions a sim must physically right click "prevent abductions" and this must be done every 24 hours. I just wanted it clarified that this means we are allowed to control the parents for this action.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »

Wait...we already have that...you can use the cheat

Hi Metro, you have the cheat to buy yes but to prevent abductions a sim must physically right click "prevent abductions" and this must be done every 24 hours. I just wanted it clarified that this means we are allowed to control the parents for this action.

Oh, okay...I see what you mean.

EDIT: done.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 08:51:11 PM »
I have a few questions.

(1) Career branch: In the off chance that the working parent receives the option to choose a career branch, may we intervene to choose the branch?
(2) Work opportunities: We cannot ignore career-related chance cards, so how should we handle them? 
(3) School chance cards: How do we handle chance cards for grade school children? Do we just ignore all phone calls?
(4) Locking doors: Toddlers have the "Set as front door" and "Lock door for..." options, but not the "Lock door for household..." option.
                            Is door locking with a toddler allowed?
(5) Non-home lots: Editing non-home lots may be a non-issue. I tried having a toddler click on both a community venue and neighbor's house near their home lot, but received no option to travel.

I can already see that this is going to be one chaotic challenge!

By the way, in my dynasty Sims 4 folder, I get the "Off to school/work" message for a sim who then turns around and returns home.
This happens at least once a week (but not per sim); I don't know whether it's a new bug or the game is working as intended.
Just hoping this doesn't follow me to my folder for tournament challenges.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »
I have a few questions.

(1) Career branch: In the off chance that the working parent receives the option to choose a career branch, may we intervene to choose the branch?
(2) Work opportunities: We cannot ignore career-related chance cards, so how should we handle them? 
(3) School chance cards: How do we handle chance cards for grade school children? Do we just ignore all phone calls?
(4) Locking doors: Toddlers have the "Set as front door" and "Lock door for..." options, but not the "Lock door for household..." option.
                            Is door locking with a toddler allowed?
(5) Non-home lots: Editing non-home lots may be a non-issue. I tried having a toddler click on both a community venue and neighbor's house near their home lot, but received no option to travel.

I can already see that this is going to be one chaotic challenge!

By the way, in my dynasty Sims 4 folder, I get the "Off to school/work" message for a sim who then turns around and returns home.
This happens at least once a week (but not per sim); I don't know whether it's a new bug or the game is working as intended.
Just hoping this doesn't follow me to my folder for tournament challenges.

Good point about the chance cards. Since the game won't advance until you make a choice, we'll go ahead and allow them. Ditto for the job branch, but I don't think your parent will get high enough in the career. As for #4, I guess your doors just have to stay unlocked.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »
I hope some of you are doing testing on this one. Mainly because the team wants to avoid making tough decisions after this goes live if all of a sudden we have players screaming that bad things happened because of lack of parental control. We want this to be hard -- that's the whole point. To play this from the vantage point of the toddlers. But, we also do not want multiple players having nasty things develop. So, do some testing and if problems happen, then PM the team with specifics. Thanks, guys.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 10:52:36 AM »
Added:

5. Your parents and school-aged children may respond to chance cards, phone calls from school, and teaching moments. If your working parent has to choose a career branch, you can make that choice.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 01:31:31 PM »
I hope some of you are doing testing on this one. Mainly because the team wants to avoid making tough decisions after this goes live if all of a sudden we have players screaming that bad things happened because of lack of parental control. We want this to be hard -- that's the whole point. To play this from the vantage point of the toddlers. But, we also do not want multiple players having nasty things develop. So, do some testing and if problems happen, then PM the team with specifics. Thanks, guys.

I am running short test files until the highchair makes me rage quit. ;) Baby/toddler/child challenges are not my favorites, but I'm going to give this one a shot. 

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2018, 01:49:11 PM »
I'm doing some testing but this may be a challenge i don't end up participating in. My parents seem to end up standing around doing nothing a lot. I've especially noticed this after tucking/reading toddlers to sleep. They also have random moments where they sit in a chair/on a sofa reading to an imaginary toddler but without the toddler or reading animation (i clicked into the parent to see what they were doing on that chair for 3 hours).  One time the dad was on "passing out" countdown at zero for about 4 hours without actually passing out. He just stood there. Tried repairing etc. Don't have/never have had cc or mods.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2018, 08:54:05 PM »
I am running short test files until the highchair makes me rage quit. ;)
Highchair rage is why I always cheat with toddlers in my normal games.  This will be interesting.

It doesn't look like I need "Toddler Stuff" or "Parenthood" for this, but I wanted to check to make sure.
(if this violates the rules, please delete the posting)

anything