Author Topic: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household  (Read 51261 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2018, 01:40:23 PM »
So, the first toddler has to be teen to be moved out, but all the rest of the toddlers can move out as children?

I'm pretty sure that's how it will work. The children will move in with the teen. If someone finds out that's not possible, please let us know.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
So, the first toddler has to be teen to be moved out, but all the rest of the toddlers can move out as children?

I'm pretty sure that's how it will work. The children will move in with the teen. If someone finds out that's not possible, please let us know.

So, the first teen gets their own house.  So, if that house becomes full, then we have to wait for a teen again to move more children out?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »

So, the first teen gets their own house.  So, if that house becomes full, then we have to wait for a teen again to move more children out?

Yes.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2018, 02:50:46 PM »
Does your first toddler that you make in CAS have to be a child before you can adopt your first toddler?  But after that, are you able to adopt as many as you can?  Also, to be clear, there is no restrictions to build/buy, right?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2018, 03:14:34 PM »
Does your first toddler that you make in CAS have to be a child before you can adopt your first toddler?  But after that, are you able to adopt as many as you can?  Also, to be clear, there is no restrictions to build/buy, right?

You can adopt at any time. No restrictions on build/buy except for the ones involving community lots.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2018, 04:19:55 PM »
The only times you can control an adult is when you have one get a job and when you have one adopt a toddler when the first one becomes a child.
[/quote]

This sentence in the goal section is why I asked that question.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2018, 06:37:25 PM »
The only times you can control an adult is when you have one get a job and when you have one adopt a toddler when the first one becomes a child.

This sentence in the goal section is why I asked that question.
[/quote]

Oh, thank you for pointing that out. I forgot to reword that since we have allowed a few more situations to control and adult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
@Metropolis Man and team: I made a spreadsheet to help keep track of my test file so I can see what I am (and generally am NOT) doing right. It can be found here if you want to test it out and make sure I'm calculating correctly, and maybe add it to the post for other contestants' use. I made sure to protect the cells this year! ;)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2018, 06:57:07 PM »
Posted by: MarianT
« on: Today at 03:14:34 PM »Quote from: christinal3106 on Today at 02:50:46 PM

You can adopt at any time. No restrictions on build/buy except for the ones involving community lots.

I take it that this means we can adopt as many toddlers as we want, at any one time provided we have the funds?

If we have any children or teens in the house when the parents age up, do we add or subtract points for them? Also, if we have any toddlers in the house when the challenge ends, are we allowed to age them up to see how much satisfaction and skills they have? Speaking of aging up, can we do that as soon we get the notification it's their birthday or do we have to wait for it happen naturally? (I'm not even sure if there is a way to age toddlers up early without a cake).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2018, 08:27:22 PM »
Posted by: MarianT
« on: Today at 03:14:34 PM »Quote from: christinal3106 on Today at 02:50:46 PM

I take it that this means we can adopt as many toddlers as we want, at any one time provided we have the funds?

Yes.

If we have any children or teens in the house when the parents age up, do we add or subtract points for them? Also, if we have any toddlers in the house when the challenge ends, are we allowed to age them up to see how much satisfaction and skills they have? Speaking of aging up, can we do that as soon we get the notification it's their birthday or do we have to wait for it happen naturally? (I'm not even sure if there is a way to age toddlers up early without a cake).

Regarding children and teens, you don't get any extra points for them. You do your scoring as soon as each toddler ages up. If you have toddlers left in the house when your parents become elders, you don't get any points for them. You have to wait for toddlers to age up on their own, since they can't make cakes.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2018, 10:23:40 PM »
4. A parent may right click on a satellite to "prevent abductions" once a day.

Shouldn't it be left click to "prevent abductions"?
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
Added:

This also applies to using build/buy mode as a substitute for the Hand of the Watcher. It's okay to move furniture around, but if an adult Sim paints a picture, it has to stay on the easel until a Sim autonomously sells it.

Offline SeraNita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2018, 08:20:41 AM »
I came across an issue where toddlers aging up will glitch in the right circumstance. My toddler was marked to age on Wednesday, and it’s now Friday with no aging up, but she did get the Missed Birthday moodlet that goes alongside an uncelebrated birthday. In these circumstances, is there some sort of exception? It’s a bit of a challenge breaker if our toddlers get stuck as toddlers forever.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2018, 08:23:54 AM »
I came across an issue where toddlers aging up will glitch in the right circumstance. My toddler was marked to age on Wednesday, and it’s now Friday with no aging up, but she did get the Missed Birthday moodlet that goes alongside an uncelebrated birthday. In these circumstances, is there some sort of exception? It’s a bit of a challenge breaker if our toddlers get stuck as toddlers forever.

As with any glitch or bug, if you get that in your game file, you would PM the team about it.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 03:37:09 AM »
No Hand of the Watcher allowed (i.e., you can't open the refrigerator and pull out a meal for the toddler, no putting dishes in the sink or trash, etc.). This also applies to using build/buy mode as a substitute for the Hand of the Watcher. It's okay to move furniture around, but if an adult Sim paints a picture, it has to stay on the easel until a Sim autonomously sells it.

So does this mean we are not allowed to sell any career rewards our working Sim may obtain? As this involves going into the family inventory and dragging an item into the sell box. Just checking to see if this also falls under the "No Hand of the Watcher" rule. If this is not allowed then can we at least use them?

anything