Author Topic: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen  (Read 35470 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2018, 03:31:45 PM »
For scoring, do you use the lot value when purchased or immediately before selling?

Immediately before selling. I'll make that clear in the scoring section.

Offline kethrydrake

• Nooboo
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2018, 04:44:29 PM »
Are we allowed to use whatever means (other than cheats or selling furnishings) to make money?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2018, 06:23:37 PM »
Are we allowed to use whatever means (other than cheats or selling furnishings) to make money?

No restrictions on making money aside from the obvious as you stated.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2018, 06:57:59 AM »

No restrictions on making money aside from the obvious as you stated.

I want to clarify the above statement I made...you CAN sell furnishings if you wish. That's a legitimate way to earn money just like careers, or any other way. But, you would have to do it before assessing lot value. What you cannot do is change lot value after you assess your score. That's not right and not in the spirit of fairness. So, for example, you write down that your Lot Value for your 5th home is $300,000. But, before you move you sell everything to get more money. Uh...no. That doesn't fly because then your $300,000 score goes right out the window. So, the bottom line is once you assess your lot value you need to move and that lot value cannot change.

• Once you assess your Lot Value for a score, no changes can be made to the lot.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2018, 09:12:57 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Metro

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 05:57:36 PM »
By apartments, I assume the team means those apartments that can be purchased and not the ones that the Sims rent. Is that correct?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
By apartments, I assume the team means those apartments that can be purchased and not the ones that the Sims rent. Is that correct?

Well, I did a little test the other day and I know the Alto apartment had a lot value to score at the end. I can't remember what the procedure was at the beginning -- buy vs rent. Does anyone know if the rent apartments also have lot value?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2018, 06:59:59 PM »
A pretty big potential exploit was brought to the team's attention, so the following ban was just added:

• The Vampire Lore skill is banned.

(thanks, christinal3106)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »
@Metropolitan
Regarding your question about apartments:
In San Myshuno, I believe there are just a few lots that can be purchased/sold outright.
The majority require a deposit + weekly rent. They are rentals; they can't be flipped.
That's my understanding, anyway.

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »
Some of the apartments are penthouses which I think work just like houses (though I've never used the penthouses that I remember so am not 100% sure). Like oshizu says, the other apartments have a deposit and weekly rent as well as a price for furnishings should you choose to move into it furnished, but that price doesn't take into account walls, windows or anything else that can't be edited, only furnishings.

EDIT: Just loaded up my game to see how it worked with my sim who I recently moved into an unfurnished apartment, and despite being totally empty it still has a lot value so maybe I was wrong and it does take into account walls and windows and stuff?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2018, 09:54:23 PM »
It looks like for rented apartments, you would possibly add up the rent, deposit, and furnishings before moving in and that would give you the lot value. That seems to be the only way to determine if the value is greater than the previous lot.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2018, 04:28:48 AM »
I've done some more testing on apartments this morning.

I moved a sim into empty apartment 17 Culpepper House, Spice District with weekly rent $400, deposit $800 and furnishings $8,095 Lot Value was less than furnishings ($8,008). Left with $11,105 so you only pay deposit and furnishings to move in.

Then i motherloded to see a middle-valued apartment (starting funds $61,105) and moved to 920 Medina, Art District with weekly rent $1K, deposit $800 and furnishings $29,380. Firstly if i keep furniture then the money was $31,725 so the only thing charged was $29,380 (in effect you get your deposit back and then it goes into this new rental, much like real life). Lot value again was less than furnishings ($26,927).

I motherloded twice more ($131,725), keeping furniture, moved to 1010 Alto Apartments, Uptown with weekly rent $3500, deposit $15,500 and furnishings $100,215.
Again i got charged for deposit -$800 paid from last place and furniture only. Again Lot Value was less than furniture ($90, 360).

Therefore i think only "furniture" value should be considered in Apartments.

As an aside, i notice lot value goes down for apartments regardless of keeping/selling furniture which would make verifying "score" difficult, whereas if you "sell furniture" at move screen on a house, the house you have moved out of has a value the same as the Lot Value score so is easier to verify.

Maybe go back to no Apartments? Sorry folks, i think Apartments was added after i queried it yesterday. It seemed okay at the time but depends what the team thinks about the new information surrounding verification which i wasn't aware of until deep diving today.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2018, 05:43:39 AM »
I'd be fine with no apartments. Might make things simpler. Team -- voice your opinions. I am out of here for a couple days...going to visit my mom. Cheers, everyone.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2018, 09:42:01 AM »
No apartments sounds good to me, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.