Author Topic: Questions about the sims 4  (Read 10191 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Questions about the sims 4
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 02:31:17 PM »
Go into Build/Buy mode (The hammer/wrench up in the right hand corner) to change the color, using the design tool, which is in the upper middle of the screen. Here's a photo of what I'm talking about. Click on image to see larger view.

This is from the PC version, but should work the same way on console.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 02:41:00 AM »
Brilliant, thank you. I did a save before I went into build mode, so I went back to that and started again. Now I know how to do it (thanks to you), no more messing about like that and losing play time. 😀

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 03:23:34 PM »
I now have City Life DLC. As my Sim is living in a tower apartment, how do I dispose of the rubbish from the bin inside the property. It tells me I need an outside trash can to do this, but it won’t let me place one outside the apartment even though I’m trying to keep it inside the line of the apartment.

Also, his just been bitten by a vampire, do I need to worry. 😁

PS, this is on the Xbox One.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
@Pazzie
If you go into the apartment's entrance area where the elevator is located, you should see two (or three, if there's another apartment on your floor) objects on the walls.
One will be the mailbox. The other will be the trash chute.

If your sim has been bitten by a vampire, he has been "turned."
His stomach should begin occasionally glowing (like after an alien abduction, but purple swirls instead).
In about 48 hours, he'll transform into a vampire. If you don't want him to be a vampire, you'lll need to max Vampire Lore (Level 15), then use a mixology bar to mix the Ultimate Vampire Cure.
It costs $2,500 and requires your sim to have 10 plasmafruit, 10 garlic, and 10 wolfsbane in their inventory.
My condolences if you didn't want your sim to become a vampire.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »
Thanks for your reply. The trash can problem is now sorted, thank you again. As for the vampire, oh no. I didn’t want him to turn and sounds like a big deal to sort it out. What will happen if I just let him turn, will he lose his job and friends.
I might delete the vampire DLC as I only wanted the other two in the first place (City Life, and the butler one). But as it work out the same price for the whole bundle I ended up getting the whole lot.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 04:58:42 PM »
@Pazzie
After you mount the fish in your inventory, you should be able to sell the mounted fish (also from your inventory).
To sell the stuff you dig up, click on the target item in your inventory. You should see an option to "Sell to Geo Council."

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »
@Pazzie  vampires feed from sims without turning them. It just makes them sleep for a while and then have a negative moodlet until it wears off. You have to direct your controlled sim to ask a vampire to turn them, this can never happen without the players input.

Being 'feed from' is quite different to 'being bitten'.

Carl's Guide to Vampires
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 03:11:04 AM »
Thanks for that info about vampires. Phew, no need to worry about my little man turning 🤗. Thanks @oshizu for your help too.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »
I started the second game up with one sim and wished now I moved 3 sims in to gain more money while earning. Can I add more Sims to my original one, or would I need to start the game over again. It takes too long to be friends and then ask to move in, and all the ones I’ve tried they seem to be married.
I really want a penthouse, but if I try with one sim by the time I can afford one he’ll be old and ready for his death bed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
Making friends doesn't take that much time, really. Start with the "Get to know" and "Ask about career" socials.
Then, just keep rotating through all the "Friendly" interactions. If you have them, focus on those with the sunglasses icon (they build Charisma skill).

As for becoming richer, you have several options:
(1) Make more roomies: Click on Manage Worlds then go to Manage Households. Click on your sim's household then choose Edit (the pencil icon).
This sends you back to CAS so you can add more roomies.

(2) Other people's money: You can make a friend in a really wealthy family (like the Landgraabs or Spencer-Kim-Lewis).
"Ask to move in" to their house, sell all their stuff, kick them out, then move to your penthouse.

(3) Just move into a luxury crib: You can make friends with either Victor Feng or Diego Lobo in San Myshuno, then "Ask to move in" to their luxury apartment.

Good luck and happy simming!

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
Thanks, I’ll give number one a go. And I’ll deffo try number 3. 🙂 These tips are very helpful 🙂

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
@Pazzie  if you want instant money don't forget about the cheats available for console. It's much better to manipulate sims etc in-game though as that way you'll learn a lot more about the game play. But cheats are instant for when frustration is abound!

Follow the link and scroll down a bit for testingcheats info. Click!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 03:13:57 AM »
Thanks for the cheat info. I never knew this was in the game. I will only use it as a last resort though, as I expect it’ll turn off any achievements that hasn’t yet been done. Thanks though, as it could come in handy.