Author Topic: Martial Arts Tourney  (Read 8107 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Martial Arts Tourney
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »
Pleased it all worked out for you ... and you didn't delete any of your mods! Wait, you found out you were clicking the wrong thing before deleting any mods, didn't you?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »
Yes, I did Dek, LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 08:00:09 PM »
I have a question though. I clicked on "call sim," then on "challenge spar tournament contender," and it asked if I wanted to challenge (or something like that) a sim (Ai Pei in this case). He eventually showed up at the academy where my sim was, but he was in his normal clothes. I waited for a min and nothing happened. I finally decided to greet him and then spar. Now, the game has decided to assign him as a paparazzi and I can't challenge him! After this, the selection on the phone is still grayed out saying that my sim's "current  sparring tournament challenger is already on the lot. Is this normal or is it broken? I tried resetting him and now even though I make the call, he does not show up and I can repeatedly make the call w/o him showing. What do I do to unbreak this or to remove the "paparazzi" role from him???

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 08:11:36 PM »
That sounds like the game may have hiccuped, due to the game assigning the other guy as paparazzi. Do you maybe have a recent backup save you can go back to? Or we can wait to see what Dek has to say. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »
I used the backup and don't have any others. I went back to this back up b/c it seemed as though the quest hiccuped. I'll go back to that one and see what happens. Even when I reset him (the "opponent"), I can click on that option again, but it is totally fixated on that one sim and only him. : / I'll let you know how the other version goes.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 09:11:49 PM »
Sigh! That one is definitely broken as well. It was the one for the lost monk artifact. My sim got the artifact, but was unable to deliver it. The option was not there when I clicked on the recipient nor was it available above his moodlets. I think I give up for now!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 12:24:51 AM »
That has happened to me in the past, Sonshine, with both that and the chess tournament. If the sim who is doing the tournament is a celebrity, the game will often assign the sim coming over as a paparazzi, especially if they are an additional person assigned to the place. I have never found a way around it short of leaving China, and coming back at a later time, which I know isn't ideal. Also, as I said, if you don't have a celebrity doing the martial arts tournament, I don't think there is any chance of the next opponent being a paparazzi.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 12:33:49 AM »
My problem Dek, is that the "opponent" is only semi assigned to being a paparazzi. I didn't think of checking his celeb status. When I checked his stats, it said that he was a resident. The paparazzi are not residents. Also, I had no other options for opponents. I cancelled the monk relic quest although as you said, I could have just left and come back to china.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 01:48:16 AM »
I don't know if this would help, but would turning off the celeb system help? I usually turn off the celeb system so not to have to deal with the celeb stuffs. Paparazzi still are in game, but they don't seem to do anything.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »
Have you tried using nraas register to disallow paparazzi?  Do that, and use master controller to reset the sim.  You will need the cheat module.  I bet that would fix your problem with the tournament. 

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »
 Thanks MrsFlynn and Christina! I just learned from Igazor on nraas form the use Register to disallow them. I'm going to try it. Also we'll see what happens when I go back to China. My sim is working on his visa in Egypt now.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 04:27:57 PM »
Good to know.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 04:46:51 PM »
Yay!! I was wondering about Nraas's Register if it still had the option to disallow Paparazzi or not. Thank you for checking on that.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »
Well, if you end up in France, and your adventure board doesn't work, install traveler too.  I can never get the 2 big adventures there without it.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2018, 02:19:26 AM »
Hi, I've been trying to start the MA tourney, but it seems to be broken. The first time I did it (call sim/challenge...." the contender showed up and I had my sim spar w/him, but it ended suddenly and the other sim was assigned the role as a paparazzi. I asked over at nraas about that and was advised to use Register to turn off role assigning. I did that and the part about role assigning worked, but when the opponent  shows up and I have my sim spar w/him, it doesn't count towards to the tourney score. I can't call any other sims b/c it says my "current contender is already on the lot." If I reset him, then I can still only call the one sim. There are many sims who have MA so I don't know what's happening.

anything