Author Topic: Kicking Careers into High Gear  (Read 6210 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Kicking Careers into High Gear
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2018, 10:42:01 AM »
Also, Victor had his own room (locked to everyone but him) as elder, so he could die without disturbing anyone.

Okay, that deserves a LOL. :)

Offline Kirstie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »
Well crap, I forgot to post my score. But I really enjoyed this challenge and I'm having fun reading everyone else's strategies :)

- Kirstie

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xyliajames

• Nooboo
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »
and the "diffuse video game streaming" at Penny's level of the career/video game skill brought 720 000 followers and you can stop the action as soon as it starts as time doesn't change the number of follower brought.

Thatís what I did. Iíd queue up 7 of those Stream Game actions and dismiss them as quickly as she got started on them. I had the 25 million followers in less than 5 real minutes that way.

Also, Victor had his own room (locked to everyone but him) as elder, so he could die without disturbing anyone.

This is genius!

@SueDenim, love your simís name. Factotum = ďJack of all trades,Ē does it not? My sim started as a writer so I called her Cristy Agatha Scrivener. I put as much thought into their names as I do anything else. Iíd probably do a lot better on the actual challenges if I didnít spend so much time getting my simís names and appearances right, lol.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »
I considered turning the Feng's into vampires but thought it would be against the rules since it extends life. I did read someone else ask if they could move in a vampire and given the green light but I interpreted it as meaning since they were already vampires it was ok. I was going to ask but I didn't have time to wait for an answer as it was already Sunday. I figured better safe than sorry but now I know I should have asked! And I strongly considered Jacques Villareal and even did my practice with him but since he was elder at the start I figured it wouldn't be worth it. I love the idea of locking Victor in a room to die so he didn't disturb anyone else. LOL That would have been extremely helpful. And I wanted Baako as well as Anaya but didn't want to deal with a child and wasn't sure if aging them up was aloud so decided not to bother with it. Now Penny was not even on my radar and I am really wondering why at this point since so many used her but I honestly don't even remember her being listed on my sheet I think I somehow skipped over her completely.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2018, 03:10:04 AM »
Now Penny was not even on my radar and I am really wondering why at this point since so many used her but I honestly don't even remember her being listed on my sheet I think I somehow skipped over her completely.

Penny is probably the most skilled sim in the game :) lvl 8 job, lvl 8 char, lvl 7 vgaming, lvl 7 cooking, lvl 6 comedy and lvl 5 programming. She would have been great for business, entertainer and tech guru career from the get go.

Offline SueDenim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »
@SueDenim, love your simís name. Factotum = ďJack of all trades,Ē does it not? My sim started as a writer so I called her Cristy Agatha Scrivener. I put as much thought into their names as I do anything else. Iíd probably do a lot better on the actual challenges if I didnít spend so much time getting my simís names and appearances right, lol.
Thanks!  Cristy Agatha Scrivener is good - it feels better for the challenges when they start off with the right name, doesn't it?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2018, 06:11:12 PM »
Congratulations Nikitachi 8)!

Great strategies, everyone 8)!
Sul! Sul!
My Origin ID is Coolsim9999999 --- so you can find my stuff. 

My SwapShop Page

Happy Simming :)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2018, 04:44:22 AM »
Congrats for the win @Nikitachi and great scores everyone!
I had to sit this one out as I only had ~ 3 hours of trial run and when I decided to start my scoring game was already 7 PM on the last day. I have an audit at work and that ate up all my time.

The strategy I was going for was almost combination of Nikitachi's and MomOfMany's strategies. I did a research and an excel sheet with all the townies & their career levels & skills, I added Caleb in the mix and up Jaques Villareal and turned him into a vampire so that he wouldn't die. Caleb was added so that I would turn sims into vampires as needed. Made clubs for skilling and I got the Wishing well and used it for promotions. Unfortunately by the time I got into the 5th sim day it was almost middnight so I decided not to post anything on this one   :-[

Cheers
WP