Author Topic: To Prevent a War- A One to Rule Them All Challenge Behind-the-scenes 9/4/18  (Read 78040 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Lasting Legacies- a modified RKC New 3/22/18
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »
I want to declare allegiance to Team Blakely already. Brooding, but dutiful, and he has a fantastic dog! I really loved this chapter, especially the scene with the King, and Blakely having to fight tooth and nail against his proper upbringing. I love Meredith, too, though. She's a perfect support for our hero.
Can't wait to see what the other two candidates are like!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Lasting Legacies- a modified RKC New 3/22/18
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 12:24:46 AM »
I too am casting my lot with Blakely! Loyal and dutiful, he will also put the kingdom above all else.
Also, I like his detachment from the petty rivalries at court (which I assume exist)--his disinterest in political maneuvering also commends him.
Meredith is super! She knows exactly what he needs and when.

A captivating introduction to the first royal contender!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Lasting Legacies- a modified RKC New 3/26/18
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 01:25:32 AM »
Fabulous, detailed, descriptive, captivating and simply wonderful. You know I'm going to say it; more please. I can see your characters are going to be lovable, complex and a joy to read about. I hope you're not going to make us have to choose between them!  ;)

@Playalot

Awww, thank you so much!  Don't worry, there is more to come!  In a little bit even ^^

Aww, good dutiful Blakely! But is loyalty enough? I think we'll find out soon.

@MarianT

Isn't he just?  We will!  I don't even know lol.  I'm attempting to keep as caught up between game and story as I can.  During my work week, I don't get as much time to play as I would like, but Thurs/Fri, I should get some decent play time in.

I want to declare allegiance to Team Blakely already. Brooding, but dutiful, and he has a fantastic dog! I really loved this chapter, especially the scene with the King, and Blakely having to fight tooth and nail against his proper upbringing. I love Meredith, too, though. She's a perfect support for our hero.
Can't wait to see what the other two candidates are like!

@FrancescaFiori

I'm in love with Blakely too XD Though I am in love with all the Sims I made for this.  They are so alive and real in my head.  I've only just played a few hours into the Rosas week and I love Adrian already XD So it's true that my favorite is the Sim I'm currently playing lol.  But they are pretty distinct in my head, so that's good.  Hope I can convey that when I update about Adrian.

I too am casting my lot with Blakely! Loyal and dutiful, he will also put the kingdom above all else.
Also, I like his detachment from the petty rivalries at court (which I assume exist)--his disinterest in political maneuvering also commends him.
Meredith is super! She knows exactly what he needs and when.

A captivating introduction to the first royal contender!

@oshizu

Oh my!  Team Blakely keeps growing! lol I can't blame anyone, really hehehe.

Update for the rest of Blakely's first week is incoming!  Hope everyone enjoys.  Tried something.  We'll see if it pays off XD

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
1.2: (Almost) End of the Line
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 01:28:29 AM »
1.2: (Almost) End of the Line

The fire crackled.  A pair of red eyes reflected the light of flames, creating a jeweled effect.  The knock on the door wasn't lost on her, but she waited a moment before calling out, "Enter."

The door opened. An identical pair of red eyes stared at her.  "I saw him."

The figure standing near the fireplace turned.  "And?"

"I believe the stories about him."

"Does that ease your mind?"

"Yes, I suppose so.  Do you think he will accept your- our- proposal?"

"I believe he will."  The Queen of Oasis Springs went to her sister, her twin and put a hand on each shoulder.  "Sister, I would never choose one for you that wouldn't be worthy."

"I know that, I do.  But it's hard.  I will never be Queen here and I am more than content with that.  I also understand an alliance with Newcrest, especially to a contender for the throne, would be invaluable for our kingdom.  I just- wish I didn't feel like cattle."

"Is that anyway to speak of my sister?" Queen Eve admonished her sister, then grinned.  "Adisa, you are a woman any man would be proud to call his wife.  I specifically chose Lord Blakely because I thought the two of you would suite.  Have I ever steered you wrong before?"

"No, of course not."  Adisa worried at her bottom lip.  Then she smiled slyly at her sister.  "He's quite handsome."

Giggles rang out through the Queen's chambers as the two women continued to plan.

Blakely looked out the window, frowning.  "I've seen her somewhere before," he murmured, though he couldn't quite place the face.  It was a bit worrisome, considering he was normally so good with faces.

1.2 #1.jpg

He shrugged it off, though something nagged at his consciousness.  Where had he seen her before?  Perhaps it would come to him later.

The force was keeping him plenty busy.  Luckily, most things were easily solved with a few questions.  Patrols could be interesting, to say the least.  It was his week to patrol the Bay of a Thousand Waves.  It was a trek at times, but he thought the place had a charm all its own.  The patrol itself had been pretty routine, at least until he'd heard the shouts and curses.

1.2 #2.jpg

By the time he'd gotten there, though, only one of the combatants of the fight remained. He'd issued a citation to the winner, worried about the woman who had limped off, according to witnesses.

1.2 #3.jpg

He had spoken to one of the detectives about it.  But Dominick had told him he had to keep on moving.  "There isn't much we can do if they won't file a report or don't want to get checked out.  You did your job.  Sometimes, it's all we can do."

1.2 #4.jpg

Blakely wasn't satisfied with that answer, but he knew Dominick was right.  Still, for the most part, he enjoyed his job.  He enjoyed getting to know the citizenry of the different kingdoms.  Many had thought this combined police force was a ludicrous idea.  It flew in the face of tradition.  But the fact of the matter was, none of the Kingdoms could survive completely isolated, not any longer.  Change was coming.  Blakely thought embracing it was the way to go, mostly anyway.

The one change he still wasn't quite sure on was this competition.  But he had given his word.  So he'd do his best.  As it was, things hadn't changed that much.  He was still coming home, working out, playing with Maxim.  The one thing he had yet to do, however, was think about something that every noble had to deal with: marriage.  It didn't matter if he became King or not.  In order to fulfill his duty to his family, and his name, he had to find a wife.  The idea of an arranged marriage had always infuriated him.

That was something he'd put off as long as he could.

For the time being, he had to figure out how to keep Maxim from running off again.  The dog was too used to the training.  Being idle for too long made him too antsy.  He'd been gone for quite a while.  And when he had come back, he was an utter mess.

1.2 #5.jpg

Taking him up three flights of stairs to the bathroom in the northwest tower wasn't the brightest idea, Blakely had to admit.  At least Maxim appeared pleased with himself as the warm water penetrated his coat and his master rubbed the lather through his fur.

1.2 #6.jpg

Once they were done, Maxim followed Blakely down to the basement, watching his master on the weight machine.  "Don't look at me like that," Blakely told the dog.  "You're the one that went Matriarch knows where for days."

1.2 #7.jpg

The dog sat down and let out a concillatory whine.  Blakely laughed.  "Suppose I can't hold it against you.  You aren't any more used to this than I am, huh?"  He sat up on the bench and gave Maxim's head a vigorous rub.  The big dog's tail wagged.

"We'll have to go for a nice long run before bed.  Does that sound-"  A scream rent the air.

Blakely was moving before the sound faded.  He was up the stairs in a flash.  After bursting into the main room, he saw a horrible sight:  flames licked around Meredith!  He wasted no time, grabbing an estinguisher to battle the flames.

1.2 #8.jpg

After the whoosh of the extinguisher was silenced and the cloud of icy carbon dioxide cleared, Meredith stood there, shaking.  "Are you ok?  Should I call the doctor?"

It took a moment, but she shook her head.  "N-no.  I-I'll be ok.  I-I'm not burned seriously.  A shower will go a long way."

He was worried, but trusted her.  Still, after the adrenaline and the terror, he needed to calm down a bit.  So he sat and crossed his legs.  Closing his eyes, he did his best to try to relax.

1.2 #9.jpg

After a time, it seemed to help.  Deciding there had been enough excitement for one day, Blakely checked on Meredith.  She was sound asleep.  After watching her a few minutes to make sure she was alright, he headed up to bed.  As he slipped into sleep, a face kept popping into his head, a pretty face with red eyes.  Where had he seen her before?

1.2 #10.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Lasting Legacies- a modified RKC New 3/28/18
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 02:08:49 AM »
Ooooh, now I fear for Meredith's life!
Awwww, I would hate to see Blakely (or anysim, for that matter, but especially Blakely) manipulated into matrimony.
What is going on? What's happening next?
*clings to the edge of my seat

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 08:23:48 AM »
Oh my! What intrigue, what plans and machinations.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 01:22:39 AM »
Ooh! A mysterious woman enters! One with violent tendencies! I'm dying to know if she and Blakely will hit it off.

Poor Meredith. I hope the other rivals aren't resorting to sabotage already! I'm clutching my Team Blakely banner anxiously.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 12:12:30 AM »
Ooooh, now I fear for Meredith's life!
Awwww, I would hate to see Blakely (or anysim, for that matter, but especially Blakely) manipulated into matrimony.
What is going on? What's happening next?
*clings to the edge of my seat

@oshizu

Sadly, Blake's week is over.  Stay tuned, he'll be back!  Our next candidate is up ^^

Oh my! What intrigue, what plans and machinations.

@Playalot

Mwahahahahahaha, yes.  They are aristocrats, after all hehehehe

Ooh! A mysterious woman enters! One with violent tendencies! I'm dying to know if she and Blakely will hit it off.

Poor Meredith. I hope the other rivals aren't resorting to sabotage already! I'm clutching my Team Blakely banner anxiously.

@FrancescaFiori

Hehehehe, the funny part is, she showed up every day Blakely was at work lol

----

Update incoming.  Also working on putting stuff up on the blog involving family trees for all three classes with all the kingdoms.  Will hopefully be getting up the build photos too, at least for the first two contenders.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
1.3: The Black Rose
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2018, 12:21:22 AM »
1.3: The Black Rose

"Mother, I don't know about this."

"Nonsense, son.  This is our family's chance!  You could be King!"

1.3 #1.jpg

Lord Adrian Rosa stood up.  He had known when his mother had summoned him to her chambers that it couldn't be good news for him.  It rarely was where his mother was concerned.  And no matter what his own feelings on the matter, arguing with her wouldn't do any good.

"Yes, Mother."  He walked out of her room, a smile plastered on his face.

1.3 #2.jpg

Once he got away, Adrian let out a sigh.  A letter from the King should have been an honor.  Especially one addressed to him.  He supposed it was an honor, or at least it would be if it was what he wanted.  Others would jump at the chance.  His mother sure as Watcher was.  He groaned.  Once his mother got an idea in her head, there was no changing her mind.

This couldn't have come up at a worst time.  His mother had already brought up the subject of marriage.  It wasn't as if he didn't know what was expected of him.  It had only been beat into his head since he could remember.  Still, it all seemed way too sudden.  It was bad enough having to be head of the illustrious Rosa family.  He was proud of his family; he loved his mother and he even loved his family's history.  But it was a hard legacy to live up to.

The only saving grace was that the letter came late.  So he could use retiring as an excuse.  Of course, it would only delay the inevitable discussion, but at least it was a reprieve.

The next morning, Adrian looked at himself in the mirror.

1.3 #3.jpg

The thought of sneaking out of the house to avoid his mother entered his mind.  He dismissed it just as quickly, bracing both hands on either side of the sink.  He sighed.  He remembered little of the father who had passed when he'd been a child.  What he did remember was him frequently saying, "Might as well get the unpleasant over with.  Then you can just concentrate on the pleasant."  Then he'd laugh.  Adrian remembered that great booming laugh.  He sighed again.  Best to get it over with.

He padded down to the family room.  While the rest of Rosa Manor was a testament to the soirees they loved to throw, the family room was just that: it was a private room for them.  His mother was already there, watching the news.  When he came in, she turned the TV off and smiled at him.  "Good morning, my boy."

"Mother."  He sat down next to her.

1.3 #4.jpg

"Son, I know you aren't thrilled with this.  But think of the opportunity!  You are a smart, wonderful young man.  You have what it takes to be a great King!"

He managed a half-smile for her.  "You're my mother.  You're biased."

"Well, of course I am!  But that doesn't make it less true!"

Adrian laughed.  It faded quickly enough, however.  "Mother, I-I'm proud of being a Rosa.  You know that.  But- King?"  He held up a hand to forstall her.  "I know what happened with you.  I know you were meant to wed Marcus.  But you didn't.  I know you wanted to become Queen.  I-I don't know what kind of ruler I'd make.  And the thing is, I'm competing with two other people!  Both are older and have more accomplishments than I do."

Rather than the argument he expected, Ferina was silent for a moment.  "I loved your father, Adrian.  He was a good man.  But we were better friends than man and wife.  We did our duty for the family line."  She looked at him, unshed tears in her eyes.  "Marcus- he was the love of my life.  We met as children.  It had been agreed we'd wed upon coming of age.  It was a day we both looked forward to.  At first, we hated one another, as children often do.  But it grew.  First into friendship.  Then into something more.  After-after the accident, both Marcus and my older brother were dead.  I-I wanted to be Queen, Adrian, to be with Marcus."

He swallowed.  "Mother-"

She shook her head.  "No, it's alright.  I know I can be difficult.  I don't want you to be King for me, Adrian.  I want you to be King because I believe that you can do it.  This kingdom will need a strong ruler.  Yes, I know the other two families involved.  And yes, they each have more experience.  But I know you and know what you are capable of, Adrian.  I just hope that you can see your own worth.  Even should you not win, if you can gain that, I would be more than happy."

Adrian could only look at his mother for a moment.  He couldn't seem to speak past the lump in his throat.  She bumped his shoulder with hers.  "Go on now.  Get ready for school.  I will see you when you return home."

He just nodded and made his escape.

Lady Ferina watched her son walk out the door.  Only after he was gone did she get up.  After dressing for the day, she, too, left the Manor.  She was proud of her son.  But it didn't mean she wouldn't give him a nudge in the right direction.  She had spent a lot of time looking for his perfect match.  It was time to go nudge that along.

Windenburg was a pretty place, though Newcrest's beauty couldn't be replicated, in her opinion.  The Island had potentional, certainly.  She looked up at the house, nodding appreciatively.  The Lighthouse didn't have quite the penache or old world charm of Rosa Manor, but it was a nice house.  She appreciated the large windows that took advantage of the view.

1.3 #5.jpg

She knocked on the door.  A butler led her inside.  "Lady Ferina!  It's wonderful to see you."  The handsome gentleman took his hands in hers and kissed her knuckles.

"Lord Donovan.  It has been too long."

"Aye, that it has.  Please, sit, please."

Lady Ferina did so, Lord Donovan joining her.

1.3 #6.jpg

"How's your lovely wife?  I heard she's expecting again."

Lord Donovan laughed.  "Aye.  We thought the twins would be it.  But the Watcher saw fit to bless us once more."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you."  Lord Donovan's expression became cagey.  "Now, if I understand your letter, you wished to speak with me about my sister?"

Ferina nodded.  "Yes.  I realize it must seem old-fashioned now.  To discuss such matters.  But I think it is safe to say that we want what is best for those we love, wouldn't you agree?"

Donovan inclined his head.  "Aye, I would say so.  But as you pointed out, it is rather old fashioned.  Arranged marriages are becoming a thing of the past."

"Yes, yes I know.  I am not here to force anyone.  I would never force my child to marry someone he didn't wish to.  I am simply here to discuss them meeting, to see where things go.  If things go well, which I think it will, then I think it would be beneficial for both of our families.  But first things first.  I would like to invite you and your lovely family to our home for dinner soon.  We would be honored for you to join us.  My son can meet your sister."

Lord Donovan sat back for a moment, pondering the invitation.  Slowly, he nodded.  "I accept your kind invitation.  Thank you.  We would be delighted to join you.  But- I will say that.  I will not force my sister into anything."

"No, of course not!  This is just for them to meet, get to know one another."

As the small talk continued, Ferina gave herself a mental pat on the back.  Her plan was set into motion.

1.3 #7.jpg

"Ah, here she is!  Marisa, I would like you to meet Lady Ferina Rosa."  Donovan stood up, introducing his sister to Ferina.

"Hello, m'Lady."

1.3 #8.jpg

She was polite and breathtaking.  Ferina smiled serenly.  "It's a pleasure to meet you, my dear."  She looked at the two toddlers that had followed the young woman into the living room.  "My, look at how cute they are!"

1.3 #9.jpg

"They're cute, but a terror."

"Lady Ayla!  My, you look radiant!  My congratulations."

The heavily pregnant woman smiled.  "Thank you, truly."  She reached down (Ferina wasn't sure how she managed it) to pick up her son.

1.3 #10.jpg

The two conversed for a while, talking of children and the joys- and tribulations- of raising them.  "I apologize, but I must get this one upstairs and changed.  Donovan told me of your invition. I hope we can make it work."  She patted her stomach for a moment.  "It will just depend upon this little one."

1.3 #11.jpg

Lady Ferina nodded.  "Of course.  Of course.  I will be sure you get the invitation.  Should you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.  I will take my leave of you all now."

The day had been a rough one.  All through school, Adrian hadn't been able to get this so-called competition out of his mind.  He was tense.  He'd avoided his mother as much as possible after he'd completed his homework.  He could only dodge her questions for so long.

Using the excuse of going for a jog, he headed outside.  It was getting dark, but that was alright.  He enjoyed it more that way.

1.3 #12.jpg

He hadn't lied to his mother.  He did enjoy running.  But there was more to this excursion.  He went to the one place he felt really at home: the tavern.  Most there knew him, but they didn't treat him any differently than anyone else.  He loved that about the place.  His mother would be horrified if she knew he went to such a common place.  But it was the one place where he felt like he belonged.

"If'n it wasn't the Lord of Rosa Manor!  Haven't seen you in a spell, Adrian."

Adrian grinned at the man at the bar as he slid onto the stool.

1.3 #13.jpg

"Haven't been able to get away, Antonio.  How's life treating you?"

Antonio waggled his eyebrows.  "Pretty well, pretty well."  He eyed his friend sideways.  "You ok?"

Adrian had it on the tip of his tongue to pass it off, but he found himself saying, "I don't know.  There's this- thing going on here.  Mother's hammering me on it.  Just- not sure I can do it."

Antonio pursed his lips, sipping at his drink.  He didn't get a chance to comment as more of the regular patrons flooded the barroom.

Adrian found himself surrounded.  He grinned, cracking jokes with those around him.

1.3 #14.jpg

After a while, when some of the others had thinned out, Antonio stood there, sipping on his drink as he looked down at his younger friend.  "You and me, we got the kind of mothers that drive us nuts."  It was certainly true.  It was how they had bounded from the first.  "But ya know," Antonio continued, swirling his drink thoughtfully, "regardless, they love us.  They want what's best for us, even if we don't agree.  Maybe there's a way for both of ya to get what you want."

1.3 #15.jpg

Adrian thought about that all the way home and as he crept into the house.  He was going to head up to his room when he saw the light shinging under the door of the family room.  He grimaced.  Sighing, he opened the door and stepped in.  The TV was on and his mother sat on the couch, but he could tell she wasn't really watching it.

"Hello Mother."

She looked up at him, smiling.  Though he didn't miss the sheen of tears in her eyes.  "Mama..."

"Don't mind me, baby."  She patted the couch.  "C'mon, join your old mama."

He did so, sitting down on the edge.  "Look, mother, I-"

"You don't need to explain, Adrian.  I do understand."

1.3 #16.jpg

"Do you?  Mother, I-I am proud of being a Rosa.  But- there are times it feels as if I don't belong."

"Belong? Adrian, what nonsense is that?"

He waved his hands around in frustration.  "It's- hard to explain.  I want to do you proud.  But- I don't know about this being King.  I don't know if I'm cut out for it.  I like being with people.  But leading them?"  He shook his head.  "I-I just don't know."

"Son."  He had never heard his mother's voice be so- gentle.  His mother was a force to be reckoned with.  Her maternal side tended toward the brusque.  "My boy.  I would never force you to do something you didn't wish to do.  That goes for anything.  I know our conversation the other day about marriage didn't sit well with you.  I'm your mother, Adrian.  I want to see my boy happy.  I also see your potential.  I believe that you make a great king.  Your way with people is one of the very reasons why I think that."

Adrian frowned.  "Really?"

"Yes, really."  Ferina pursed her lips.  "As far as marriage.  Again, I would never force you to accept someone you couldn't care about.  That doesn't mean I won't try to help in that regard.  I have invited someone to dinner."  She held up a hand.  "The Xaviers.  They are an aristocratic family from Windenburg.  Lord Donovan has a sister, Lady Marisa."  She smacked his shoulder lightly.  "Don't give me that look.  They are all coming for dinner.  I just want you to meet the girl.  That and we haven't entertained in far too long."

That was true.  Since his father had passed, the soirees and events that Rosa Manor had been known had been few and far between.  "No pressure?"

"No, no pressure.  Just meet her.  If you don't hit it off, that's the end of it.  And as far as the competition, hold off on making a decision on that.  We have an appointment tomorrow morning.  At the castle."

Adrian winced.  "The castle?  Oh..."

Ferina chuckled.  "Don't worry.  I think you will enjoy the King.  King Darian is a good man.  Now, go on, go get some sleep, son."

Adrian looked up at the castle walls, a slight feeling of awe coming over him.  Castle Newcrest had been a beacon on the horizon since he could remember.  He had been to it before, but only once that he could remember.  He'd been very young then.  He thought that maybe, being older, it wouldn't affect him so.  That certainly wasn't the case.

1.3 #17.jpg

A very prim butler, even primer than their own, led them through the castle, up several flights of stairs, directly to the King's personal chambers!  Adrian looked around it for a moment, awe-struck once again.  "Your Majesty."  His mother smiled at the man that sat upon the couch in the center.

King Darian stood up, inclining his head at Lady Ferina with a smile.  "Ferina, you know better than to stand on that kind of ceremony with me."  He turned his smile onto Adrian.  "My, I can't believe this is your son.  The last that I saw of him, he only reached my waist."  He put out his hand and Adrian gripped it tightly.  "Please, sit, my dear Lady."

Ferina inclined her head, glided to the sofa and sat down.

1.3 #18.jpg

"Both of you, make yourself at home."  He put a gentle hand on Ferina's shoulder.  "It's good to see you.  We shouldn't let so much time go by in between visits."

"You have a good point there.  Time just seems to- slip by."

"It does, too quickly, no matter what we do."

Ferina looked at the King.  "Why don't I leave you too to talk."

"Thank you.  Your room is prepared.  If you would like to freshen up, relax while I talk with young Adrian."

"I think I'll do that."  She went to the King, kissed his cheek, then she was gone, leaving the two of them alone.

Adrian sat on the sofa, the King stood.  They two men eyed one another.  Adrian wasn't sure what to say.

1.3 #19.jpg

King Darian smiled.  "I understand you have some questions."

"Yes sir, I do.  The first one being: why me?"  Adrian surprised himself at how blunt he was.  He had everything he could do to control the wince.

The King grinned.  "Why you, hm?  Well, there are many reasons, but chief among them is: your family has always been loyal to the Bulwarks and more importantly, to this kingdom.  But as to why you, personally?  You have a charm and charisma about you.  What's more is, you have an understanding, not just of the nobility, but the common people."  There was a knowing look in his eyes that had Adrian shifting uncomfortably.  Did he know about his trips to the tavern?

"Um, sire-"

The King shook his head.  "Please, call me Darian.  And you don't have to justify yourself to me.  The truth of the matter is, I believe your connection with our people would be a true assett to our kingdom.  I know you have doubts.  Any sane man would.  So I would say you more than qualified."  The King motioned to the chairs by the fire.  "Come, join me over there.  My old bones get chilled too easily of late."

Adrian followed him over and sat.  He wore a frown for a moment as he looked into the fire. "Si-Darian, can I ask you something?  Why this competition?"

1.3 #20.jpg

The King sat back in his chair, steepling his hands in front of his face.  "It's true, I could have chosen one of you and named them heir.  It would be the same result, I suppose.  But I chose this way for two reasons: the first and most important one was to give everyone a fair shot.  The second reason is that it is an indication of each of your devotion to this kingdom.  It may not be fair to do this.  I made the choice not to marry again.  But I made that decision.  Now, I have to make sure my decision of heir will carry on protecting this kingdom.  This was the only way I could ensure those who competed were sincere."

The King laughed at the look on Adrian's face.  "Yes, I know.  What if any of you- or all of you- say no?  Well, let's just say that there is a reason I chose the three of you.  If any of you choose not to participate, that's fine.  But I believe I know you all well enough to know you will at least try.  Am I wrong?"

Adrian sighed.  "No, no you aren't.  Even if I have my doubts, I don't want to let you, my mother- anyone down."

"That's admirable.  Perhaps along the way, you'll find your own way there."

Adrian sat back, his expression thoughtful.  "Perhaps."

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Lasting Legacies- a modified RKC New 3/31/18
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 03:27:41 AM »
I love that the King knows about Adrian's trips to the tavern and reflects this back as a strength. I think Adrian may surprise us all yet.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 06:03:40 PM »
Another wonderfully complex backstory! I'm loving it. Adrian is very different from Blakely, but I like him very much. Hard to say if being a teen will work for him or against him. I hope he hits it off with Marisa. She's lovely!
I still love our king. He's so wise, and prepared for every question. Long live the king!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2018, 11:34:22 PM »
So much thought went into the builds, their decor, and the sims' wardrobes! Still Team Blakely, though Marisa is breathtaking.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »
I love that the King knows about Adrian's trips to the tavern and reflects this back as a strength. I think Adrian may surprise us all yet.  :)

@Playalot

Hehehe, yeah, I'm enjoying Adrian quite a lot.  I chose diplomatic option for him, which I normally don't touch the popularity options for my Sims.  Heh, think I'm a bit of an introvert lol.  But it's been fun so far.  Harder for me than I think other options might have been.

Another wonderfully complex backstory! I'm loving it. Adrian is very different from Blakely, but I like him very much. Hard to say if being a teen will work for him or against him. I hope he hits it off with Marisa. She's lovely!
I still love our king. He's so wise, and prepared for every question. Long live the king!

@FrancescaFiori

Good, glad they are different enough XD sometimes it can be hard to tell when writing things up heh.  But I do like them both.  They are both very different to me, but some of the same qualities, too.  Yeah, not sure how that will help or hinder him yet.  I will say, having already completed one aspiration in his first week, it seems to be going well.  The big thing will be the career requirements, which I've never been so good with, truth be told.  The next update will show ^^

Yeah, I'm loving Darian.  He's a good King.

So much thought went into the builds, their decor, and the sims' wardrobes! Still Team Blakely, though Marisa is breathtaking.

@oshizu

Aw, thank you!  I did put a lot of time into each of them XD  Perhaps too much XD lol I hope to get the photos up of the builds at some point today so you can take full tours.  I also have to get in game and get the pics for each of the community venues I did, as well as just an overall shot of the buildings I downloaded from the gallery.

Yeah Marisa is gorgeous.  I had fun when creating her family XD

Update to finish up the Rosa week incoming!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
1.4: Beginning to Bloom
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 02:35:22 PM »
1.4: Beginning to Bloom

"So good of you to come!  Congratulations, Ayla.  I heard that your labor went well."

Their guest smiled.  "Yes, yes it went well.  Little Kiersten is a healthy baby.  Oddly enough, this labor was easier than that of our twins."

The Xaviers sat in the great room of Rosa Manor.  They were waiting for Adrian to get home so dinner could be served.

1.4 #1.jpg

Lady Ferina chuckled.  "Yes, well, twins speak for themselves.  I must say, they are angels.  And such handsome children!"

Lady Ayla laughed, shaking her head.  "Handsome yes, angels... no.  Though they have been behaving rather well since we arrived.  I wonder what they are plotting."

"If they are anything like Adrian was, quite a lot," Ferina answered.

When Adrian walked into his home, he found his mother and their houseguests playing a game of Don't Wake the Llama.

1.4 #2.jpg

"There you are, son!  Please, I want to introduce you to our guests."  Even as he sighed internally, Adrian smiled.  First, he shook Lord Donovan's hand.  The older man had quite a grip and Adrian didn't miss the way his dark eyes were searching.

"A pleasure, sir," Adrian murmured. 

Lord Donovan nodded, returning the compliment.  Adrian introduced himself to Lady Ayla next.  She smiled when he kissed her knuckle.  "Aren't you a sweet young man."

Adrian chuckled.  "Thank you, m'Lady."

"Adrian?"  He turned to his mother.  His jaw fell open for a moment as he got his first look at the young woman next to Ferina.  His mother had to hold in a chuckle.  She cleared her throat.  "This is Lady Marisa, Lord Donovan's sister."

Adrian gave himself a shake.  He took her extended hand and brought it to his lips, looking at when he pressed a kiss to her knuckles.  "It's a pleasure, m'Lady."

Her green eyes met his and held them.  After a moment, her mouth curved.  "The pleasure is mine, m'Lord."

"Why don't you two sit down here?  Talk?" Lady Ferina suggested.  "Dinner should be ready soon.  Lord, Lady, would you like to join me for a drink before dinner?"

Donovan and Ayla agreed.  The three adults left, leaving Adrian alone with Marisa.  He offered her his arm.  "Shall we sit?"

She threaded her arm through his.  "I'd like that."

1.4 #3.jpg

The two sat.  Adrian had to take a deep breath.  She was gorgeous.  There was also a light in her eye that drew him to her.  But there was still a part of him that wanted to rebel at the thought of any sort of arranged marriage.  He had to remind himself that his mother had promised she wouldn't force them.  He might as well get to know Marisa first.

"Your mother mentioned that you enjoy dancing."

Adrian smiled.  "I do.  I enjoy music.  You?"

"On occasion.  I've been helping my brother and Ayla with the twins and now with the new baby, things are a bit- insane at home."  She grinned ruefully.  "The twins are delightful, but their energy is a bit crazy."

Adrian laughed.  "I can only imagine.  Truth be told, I haven't spent much time with young children."

Marisa's smile was radiant.  "It is tiring, and can be very trying but it is also very rewarding."

As the two of them talked, Adrian couldn't remember the last time he had enjoyed himself more.  He realized that he rarely could talk this easily to someone outside of the tavern.  It was certainly something to think about.

Think about it he did, all through dinner.  The meal was excellent (his mother wouldn't allow anything less, of course) and he enjoyed the Xaviers' company quite a lot.  Marisa had been placed next to him, of course.  It wasn't a hardship, by any means.  Especially when she would whisper some commentary to him every now and again.  It was all he could do not to spit out the gulp of wine he had just drank.

Somehow, the two of them ended up on patio, in the hot tub together.

1.4 #4.jpg

He chuckled.  "So, how many times do you think they'll leave us alone together?"

One corner of Marisa's mouth drew up in a smirk.  "Well, as many times as they feel necessary."

The two burst into laughter.

"Oh, you two sound like you are enjoying yourselves!"

Adrian blinked as his mother climbed into the hot tub!

1.4 #5.jpg

"Mother."  His teeth clenched, he gave her a smile, his eyes just a bit manic. 

Lady Ferina laughed.  "Yes, dear.  I can take a hint."  She beamed at the two of them.  "Well, just thought I'd see how you both were doing.  Carry on."

Only after she had left did the two of them look at one another and burst out laughing.

Eventually, the evening came to an end.  Adrian walked the Xaviers out and said a good evening to Marisa.  He came back inside and went to the family room.  He sat down, letting out a soft sigh.  It wasn't long before his mother joined him.  They sat in silence for a moment before she asked, "Well?"

1.4 #6.jpg

He eyed her sideways.  "Really, mother?"

"What, am I not allowed to ask what you think?"

"Give it time, ok?  It was one evening."  He waited a moment.  "If it makes you feel any better, I find her easy to talk to."

"That's definitely a start."  She frowned.  "What's wrong, son?"

"Nothing's wrong.  Just thinking.  There is an age difference between us."

Ferina grew thoughtful.  "Yes, there is.  Is that a problem for you?"

He shrugged.  "No, I suppose not.  Just wasn't what I expected."

"The age difference isn't a large one, son."

Adrian fidgeted.  "What if- she just thinks of me as a kid?"

Ferina patted his leg.  "Now, I don't think that would be a problem.  She's not that much older than you.  You said she was easy to talk to.  I think it'll be fine."

"You're right."  Adrian ran a hand through his hair.  "Just- a lot to take in."

"Mhm.  Why don't you go on up to bed, son?"

Adrian nodded.  He stood up and smiled.  "Good night, mother."

"Good night, son."  She sat on the sofa for a long moment after he left.  Slowly, she reached beneath the collar of her dress and pulled out a gold heart-shaped locket.  She opened it and looked at the picture inside.  "He's your son, to a T," she murmured.  Her eyes flitted over the picture once more, then she closed it, stood up, and left to retire.

Adrian stepped out of the car and looked around him.  His serious expression dissolved into a smile.  "I was hoping I wasn't late."

Marisa grinned.  "No, not at all.  I just made it here myself."

1.4 #7.jpg

"I was glad to get your text.  Needed to get out of the house.  Mother's making plans again."

Marisa laughed.  "Glad to be of service.  I wanted to meet with you, without our families there."

"That's an excellent idea."

"Thank you."  She laughed.  "I know they mean well.  But they can be a bit overwhelming, can't they?"

"That's putting it mildly, especially where my mother is concerned."

1.4 #8.jpg

"My sister-in-law seems to be of the same mind.  My brother is a little more understanding, but if Ayla thinks it's a good idea-"  She let it hang.

"Well, what do you think of this idea?  We haven't known each other very long."  Adrian shrugged.  "But I know I enjoy talking with you."

"As I enjoy talking with you, as well."

Adrian paused a moment.  "I don't know what this may turn in to, but I do know I want to see.  What about you?"

"I think I'd like that.  I at least want to know more."

"Me too."

The two embraced, a feeling of solidarity and companionship surrounding them.

1.4 #9.jpg

"Did you want to go for a walk?" Marisa asked.

"I'd love-"  He frowned when he heard the beep of his phone go off.  He pulled it out to see what it was.

1.4 #10.jpg

His expression was rueful as he raincheck her.  "I apologize.  My mother needs me back at home.  Can I take a reincheck?  Perhaps later this afternoon?"

Marisa made a face.  "I'm sorry, I promised Ayla I'd watch the children so she and my brother could get a few things done.  Ayla's brother will be wed soon.  She's helping with the plans and preparation."

"Soon then.  I promise.  We can go for a walk, perhaps- perhaps I can show you one of my favorite places to go."  It was a risk and he knew it, but Adrian thought it better she know early on.

She smiled.  "I'd like that.  I will let you know when I am free in the next week or so."

Adrian hugged her again and the two separated.  Adrian climbed back into the car.  As it whisked him back toward home, he had to swallow.  He hoped he was right about Marisa.  Only time would tell.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Lasting Legacies- a modified RKC New 4/1/18
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 02:48:40 PM »
I had a flash that Adrian might be the son of Marcus, so I went back to re-read his first chapter but the timing is wrong. :(
This was such a charming chapter!

I hope you will feature some of your favorite RKC builds in this thread so we can enjoy them with your commentary.

And I have only one question. *raises hand
Why does Adrian get the gorgeous, children-loving, and gracious Marisa, while Blakely gets a psycho, stalker witch? (Just kidding, of course, but still... LOL!)
Another amazing update!  <3

anything