Author Topic: Mating issues  (Read 5490 times)

Offline Smilada

• Nooboo
Mating issues
« on: March 27, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »
Hi,

My female dog went into heat and I've been trying desperately to get her to mate with their neighbor's dog, which is a male. Neither of them are spayed. The sim has good relationships with both dogs, and I always make her use the "Be Nice To" on the other dog before mating. However, it's been around 25 or more tries and every single time, they growl and reject each other.

I thought maybe the dogs just don't like each other, so I brought my female to Brindleton Bay to attempt to mate with some strays. Same reaction.

What do I do?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Mating issues
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »
@Smilada

I've only tried mating dogs who both lived in my sims' household so I've never experienced your issue.
If I were you, however, I'd try three things:
* Choose a male dog with traits similar to your dog;
* Make sure that the two dogs have a good relationship. Have them interact and check that they're throwing off green ++ icons;
* If all else fails, you could enter Manage Worlds to temporarily move a male dog with compatible traits into your sim's home.
   This makes things a bit easier since you could direct both dogs to "Be nice to..." each other.
   Once you're sure that your female dog is pregnant, you could then return to Manage Worlds and either create a new household for the male or move him in with a neighoring household.

Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: Mating issues
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »
I am not sure if this is by design, or a bug, but you can't breed with animals outside of your household.  If you want your dog to breed with the neighbor's, you will have to move the dog into your house and back.

anything