Author Topic: IP ellacharm download  (Read 785 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
IP ellacharm download
« on: December 30, 2021, 06:15:20 PM »
Hello.  I had posted previously regarding freezes and lags in Isla Paradiso.  However, I found a fixed Isla Paradiso world download thru ellacharm.  I read the instructions but I haven't downloaded the world yet.  I was wondering if I would first need to delete the Isla Paradiso world that I already have.  I want to be sure before downloading this fixed version.

Thanks in advance.  Skip

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: IP ellacharm download
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 07:43:24 PM »
It's recommended to rename the world file instead of deleting it. In case you need the original later.

For example, you can rename it something like IslaParadiso.world.original

You will get a message that the file will become unusable. It's okay to make the change. It won't hurt it. As to use it again, you delete the .original and it will be as good as new.

I don't have Ella's fixed IP world file, but here's my example with Sunset Valley original file and Ella's fixed SV world file.

Click images to see larger view.

Renaming the original world file:

Both the original and fixed world files:

If you rename the original world file and want to use it again. Notice the different file sizes.

Ella's Fixed World File is: 85,726 KB

Sunset Valley.World.original is: 78,403 KB

You will want the file that is 78,403 KB and rename it back to Sunset Valley.world.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 11:35:01 AM »
Hi Mrs Flynn.  Happy New Year!  I remember having to rename the original Sunset Valley World a couple of years ago when SV2020 was introduced.  I had a lot of trouble doing that and needed help.  Jaga Telesin used the TeamViewer app and "took over" my computer to do this.  I tried to follow and understand what he did, but he was too quick.  Anyway, based on your screen shots and explanation, this looks like the same thing.  Rather confusing, so I am just going to forgo downloading the ellacharm IP fixed world. 

S

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 04:07:45 PM »
Happy New Year to you too!!

Yes, it's the same thing. I completely understand not wanting to mess with it. :)

However, if you do want to try downloading the fixed IP world file and find you want the original back. I can share a copy of the original.

Otherwise, it's my understanding that you may need to reinstall Island Paradise if you have the disc version or try to repair game via Origin.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *