Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 13799 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A Grand Scheme (Aug 6)
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2018, 01:30:13 AM »
Welcome back! Hope your vacation was a wonderful one. ;D
Regarding the resemblance between your Aster and LenaLJ's Nathan, I noticed that when I added Aster's photo to the Rules thread that they share the same hair color, hairstyle, and warm skin tone. They are the most similar among the second-generation Sharebears. It's so cool.
Fig is quite adorable. May I add that a deep friendship is the bedrock of a strong marriage. Go Fig!

The new house looks amazing. Thank you for adding the red and blue before-and-after lines, what a clever touch!
Best wishes with your newly-minted vampires! I love Aster and Wendy's downstairs sleeping quarters and ensuite.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A Grand Scheme (Aug 6)
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2018, 03:18:33 PM »
Welcome back! Hope your vacation was a wonderful one. ;D
Regarding the resemblance between your Aster and LenaLJ's Nathan, I noticed that when I added Aster's photo to the Rules thread that they share the same hair color, hairstyle, and warm skin tone. They are the most similar among the second-generation Sharebears. It's so cool.
Fig is quite adorable. May I add that a deep friendship is the bedrock of a strong marriage. Go Fig!

The new house looks amazing. Thank you for adding the red and blue before-and-after lines, what a clever touch!
Best wishes with your newly-minted vampires! I love Aster and Wendy's downstairs sleeping quarters and ensuite.
Thanks!  Hopefully I won't make too many noob mistakes with the vampires.  So far, I really like playing them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Great Game (Aug 15)
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
Great Game

Wendy:  What’s the matter, darling?  Don’t you like the eggs and toast?
Aster:  Normally I love your cooking, but unfortunately I think I’m losing my appetite for all food. 
15.1 talk food.jpg

Wendy:  It must be the transformation.  Did the old man say how long it would take?
Aster:  He said a few days.  He wasn’t very specific. 
Wendy:  Tell me more about the old man.  Does he really live all by himself in a huge mansion?
Aster:  As far as I can tell.  When I knocked on his door, it opened by itself. There was no one else there. 
15.2 knock.jpg

Wendy:  Ooo…was it scary? 
Aster:  I was nervous, but mostly because I wasn’t sure if he would agree to turn me or not.  Then I remembered that I could always go to the Vatores if Count Straud refused. 
Wendy:  But he didn’t refuse. 
Aster:  No.  In fact, he was quite agreeable…almost friendly.  He was playing the organ, and I complimented his music. 
15.3 compliment.jpg

Wendy:  And when he turned you…did it hurt?
Aster:  I don’t know.  He put me in some kind of trance.  I guess the answer to your question is that I don’t remember it hurting.
15.4 turn.jpg

Wendy:  So, what’s next?  Did Count Straud offer to train you?
Aster:  He said he can’t train me until after I transform.  In the meantime, I bought a punching bag so I can improve my strength for sparring matches.  I put it in the guest house for now. 
15.5 uncomfortable.jpg

Aster:  And of course, we can always read about vampire lore while we wait for my transformation.
Wendy:  Ah yes.  The not-so-glamorous part of becoming a vampire. 
15.6 books.jpg

Daisy:  What do you think of this new game Daichi?  I like it almost as much as horseshoes.
Daichi:  Hmm…looks interesting. 
15.7 llama1.jpg

Daisy: You see, you just carrrrrrefully do this…
Daichi: Oh, I wouldn’t take that one!
15.8 llama2.jpg

Daisy:  Oops!  Well, at least it’s still sleeping.
Daichi:  Shh…don’t breathe…just back away…slowly…
15.9 llama3.jpg

As Daisy and Daichi narrowly escape waking the llama, we interrupt with some random family announcements:

Fig receives a promotion.
15.10 musician.jpg

Wendy and Daisy both max a skill to complete an aspiration.
15.11 Angling ace.jpg

15.12 botanist.jpg

And Aster befriends this handsome fellow and secures his vote.
15.13 Frederico.jpg

We now return to the game table where another couple stares intently at the slumbering llama…

Shari:  Best. Game. Ever.
Andrew: *scratches his head while pondering his next move*
15.14 llama4.jpg

Andrew:  Aha!  I did it!
Shari:  Good job!  Try another one!
15.15 llama5.jpg
Andrew:  It’s your turn, dear.  You try one.
Shari:  Oh no, I couldn’t.  I’ll just watch you.

After several more thrilling games of Don’t Wake the Llama…

Wendy:  Hey honey!  I know you aren’t really interested in food right now, but the Spice Festival is in town and everyone else wants to go.  Would you like to come along or would you rather stay here?
15.16 talk festival.jpg

Aster:  I’ll go with you.  If I don’t feel like eating, I’ll just mingle in the crowd and secure more votes.
Wendy:  That’s the spirit! 
15.17 group.jpg

Daisy:  Oh…I don’t feel so good.
Fig:  Ow! Hot! Burning!
15.18 fire.jpg

Shari:  That’s odd.  Your father didn’t think the curry was too spicy.
15.19 Andrew.jpg

Wendy:  Hey Daisy!  Isn’t that your old nanny playing the guitar?
Daisy:  It is!  I’d know that mustache anywhere.
15.20 Nanny.jpg

And with that, the family heads home.  Just as they return, this happens:
15.21 sbducted.jpg

Fig:  Are you okay?  What was it like?  Did they ask about me?
Aster:  Must…bed……need…sleep.
15.22 returned.jpg

After a good rest…

Aster:  Good morning, princess!  Do you know what today is?  It’s your birthday!  Let’s get you and your brother out of those bassinets, okay?
15.23 birthday.jpg

15.24 twins.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
I've never seen such exciting screenshots of Don't Wake the Llama before. They're great!
Andrew is positively beaming at his successful maneuver and Shari looks equally thrilled. They make such a great couple!
    Oh, I hadn't expected Andrew to become the Spicy Curry Champion!  I hope his victory took some of the burn out of seeing his old nemesis, the nanny, at the festival, hehe.
    Awww, too bad the aliens didn't abduct Fig instead of Aster. Poor Fig, wondering if he's remembered in Sixam. :(
I automatically began counting the household members when Aster got abducted.
    Happy birthday, Artemis and Apollo! So cute!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2018, 05:17:12 PM »
I've never seen such exciting screenshots of Don't Wake the Llama before. They're great!
Andrew is positively beaming at his successful maneuver and Shari looks equally thrilled. They make such a great couple!
    Oh, I hadn't expected Andrew to become the Spicy Curry Champion!  I hope his victory took some of the burn out of seeing his old nemesis, the nanny, at the festival, hehe.
    Awww, too bad the aliens didn't abduct Fig instead of Aster. Poor Fig, wondering if he's remembered in Sixam. :(
I automatically began counting the household members when Aster got abducted.
    Happy birthday, Artemis and Apollo! So cute!
There are some really cute animations with Don't Wake the Llama, aren't there?  I'm going to have to remember that in the future.
I didn't expect Andrew to be a Spice Hound either.  He never ceases to amaze me.   :)
If I had known that the aliens would come for Aster, I might not have filled the house up with 2 adoptions right away.  As a male heir, if Aster had an alien-boo, the child would be eligible to be heir because it would have a connection back to the founder.  Oh well.  It makes for an interesting side plot anyway. I think Fig would be wondering about the aliens at this point in his life.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Big, Wide Universe (Aug 19)
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2018, 05:40:48 PM »
The Big, Wide Universe

Shari:  Did you ever think, Andrew, that our oldest child would become a vampire?
Andrew:  No…but then again, I would never have predicted that our youngest child would be born an alien.
Shari:  That’s true.  We’ve got it all covered in one generation, don’t we?
16.1 siblings.jpg

Apollo:  Dada wan’ cheese?
Aster:  No thank you, son.  Daddy is not hungry.
16.2 no food.jpg

Fig: Papa, may I ask you a question?
Andrew:  Of course, son, although I think I already know what’s on your mind.  You are wondering why the aliens came for Aster and not you; is that right?
16.3 chess.jpg
Fig:  How did you know?
Andrew:  Just a hunch.  Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for you.  I really don’t understand it myself.  Are you curious about your heritage?
Fig:  Kind of.  There’s something else I’ve been wondering.  Do they ever take anyone and not bring them back?
Andrew:  I’ve never heard of that.  Everyone always returns as far as I know.
Fig:  That’s a relief.  I don’t think I’d want to stay, but I’d like to go up there…just once.

Daisy:  Thank you for mentoring me, Mama.  I don’t think I’ll ever be half the writer that you are, though.
Shari:  You’ll find your own voice and have your own success, Daisy.  I’m sure of it.
16.4 writing.jpg

Artemis:  More! More!
Apollo:  Again! Again!
16.5 play.jpg
Aster:  Once more, and then it’s bedtime.
Wendy: *out of breath* I don’t know if we wore them out, but I’m certainly worn out.

Wendy:  And they all lived happily ever after.  The end.
Apollo and Artemis:  Zzz…
16.6 read.jpg

Apollo:  Dada!  Need poddy!
Aster:  Didn’t your mother just put you to bed?
Apollo: Poddy!
Aster: Okay, let’s go to the potty.
16.7 potty.jpg

Aster:  I feel so strange…it’s like I’m…oh!
Apollo: Oooooo!  *claps*  Again! Again!
16.8 change.jpg

Aster:  I just transformed…in the bathroom...in front of Apollo.
Wendy:  That’s wonderful, honey, and don’t worry about Apollo.  He’s our silly toddler.  He probably thought it was great fun. 
16.9 talk.jpg
Aster:  Yeah, he keeps asking me to do it “again!”  Listen, if you don’t mind, I’d like to visit Forgotten Hollow right away.  I’m eager to start my training, and I might as well go while it’s dark.   
Wendy:  Of course, dearest.  Maybe you can even meet the Vatores while you are there. 

Wendy:  How was it?  Did Count Straud give you training?
Aster:  Yes, Count Vlad (he said I should call him by his first name now) agreed to train me.  He seemed pleased and told me come again.
16.10 training.jpg

Aster:  Then I went to the Vatores as you suggested.  Only Lilith was home, but she was very nice.  She trained me and offered me vampire knowledge.  I was hoping to spar with her, but the sun was coming up and I didn’t want to risk it.
16.11 Lilith.jpg

Wendy:  That’s probably wise.  You don’t want to try too much on your first day. 
Aster:  I did learn enough to get the Vampire Creation power.  So if you’re ready, you can be the first one I turn.
16.12 before.jpg

Wendy:  Well, I’m certainly not letting anyone else be your first!
16.13 turn1.jpg

16.14 turn2.jpg

Meanwhile, upstairs…

Fig: And that, Betsy, is why grilled cheese sandwiches make the perfect meal.
Betsy:  Do all aliens get this excited about grilled cheese, or is it just you?
16.15 Fig Betsy1.jpg

Fig: H-how do you know that I’m…?
Betsy:  An alien?  You’re joking, right?  Everybody knows.
16.16 Fig Betsy2.jpg
Fig:  But I always wear my disguise!
Betsy:  Yes, but you often glow.

Daisy:  *types* The Mysteries of Brindleton Bay:  Vampires, Aliens, and other Legends, a collection of short stories by Daisy Behr 
16.17 types.jpg

The following evening…

Aster:  Welcome to my club, Frederico.  I’m so glad you decided to join us.
16.18 Frederico.jpg

Aster:  Alright Emilie, that’s quite enough!
16.19 Emilie.jpg

Fig:  Thanks for coming over, Evie.  I know it’s late.
Evie:  Yeah, well, you called a club meeting so I had to come over.  What is it, Fig?  You look really excited about something.
16.20 Evie.jpg

Fig:  I am!  I had a dream…or maybe it was real.  I’m not sure.  It seemed real, but it must have been a dream.  What do you think?
Evie:  How can I know unless you tell me what happened?
Fig:  Right.  Okay.  So, I found myself at this gathering—it was like a convention or something—and there were all these strange people there.  I don’t know if they were wearing costumes or disguises or what.  Maybe they were aliens like me, I don’t know. 
16.21 geek con.jpg

Evie:  Okay.  And this wasn’t just alien night at the bar?
Fig:  No.  It was bigger than that, and it was in the city.  And here’s the best part, Evie.  There was this thing…like a huge firecracker or Chinese rocket that was big enough to climb inside.  And I had an idea.  I thought, “What if I get in that big firecracker and ride it into space?  What if I could eat a grilled cheese sandwich in space?”  Doesn’t that sound great Evie?
Evie:  Only you, Fig…
16.22 space.jpg

Fig:  So that’s what I did.  I ate a grilled cheese sandwich in space, and then I stayed up there for a while.  Just looking around, you know.  And I saw it.  I saw Sixam, and it was beautiful.
Evie:  Which one is Sixam?  Can you show me?
Fig:  It’s the big blue one in that cluster of stars over there.  See it?
16.23 stars.jpg

Evie:  Do you wish it was more than a dream, Fig?  Would you like to go to Sixam for real?
Fig:  Not anymore.  I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately, and I think it’s true when people say ‘home is where the heart is.’   And my heart is here.
16.24 pink.jpg
Evie:  Fig! You’re glowing pink.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2018, 07:56:40 PM »
Aster makes quite a striking vampire in that first shot!
He's turned 3 sims so far in this update. Does that mean he's started the Vampire Family aspiration?
Or is he simply creating weaker vampires to serve as his sparring partners?
Oh, Fig is glowing pink! I'm so glad he finally realizes that he wants to have a relationship with Evie!
We have all been waiting for Fig to wake up, lol. Cheers, Fig! You can do it! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »
Oh wow! I missed several updates! Love that mansion and Aster and Wendy are the next power couple.  Love Fig's dream ^^ Hopefully there will still be an Aster alienboo at some point!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2018, 03:38:27 AM »
The dream sequence for explaining gamescon and the grilled cheese aspiration step is perfect.

I also like the picture with the three children in different life states.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2018, 11:45:00 PM »
Ah, what a lovely dream! It was such a clever way of tying his goals in the narrative, his complex feelings about Sixam, and the aspiration in one fell swoop, without breaking the setting. Fine work.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2018, 01:17:02 PM »
Aster makes quite a striking vampire in that first shot!
He's turned 3 sims so far in this update. Does that mean he's started the Vampire Family aspiration?
Or is he simply creating weaker vampires to serve as his sparring partners?
Oh, Fig is glowing pink! I'm so glad he finally realizes that he wants to have a relationship with Evie!
We have all been waiting for Fig to wake up, lol. Cheers, Fig! You can do it! ;D
Yep, you guessed it.  Aster is doing Vampire Family and maybe Master Vampire after that.
Fig and Evie are too cute.  It's hard to not let them steal the show.

Oh wow! I missed several updates! Love that mansion and Aster and Wendy are the next power couple.  Love Fig's dream ^^ Hopefully there will still be an Aster alienboo at some point!
Thanks!  I would love an Aster alienboo, too, but Aster and Wendy have to adopt a lot of kids first before that would even be possible.  So far, though, the aliens still seem to prefer Andrew over everyone else.  :D

The dream sequence for explaining gamescon and the grilled cheese aspiration step is perfect.
I also like the picture with the three children in different life states.
Thanks!  I'm lucky that Geek Con showed up at the right time for Fig to go use the rocket.

Ah, what a lovely dream! It was such a clever way of tying his goals in the narrative, his complex feelings about Sixam, and the aspiration in one fell swoop, without breaking the setting. Fine work.
Yeah, I couldn't really have Fig build his own rocket so I had to come up with a way for Geek Con to make sense.  The fact that Aster was abducted by the aliens (while Fig never has been) was a bonus.  Cue dream sequence.  The answer to everything!  ;D

To everyone:  Whew!  I can't believe I left Evie and Fig hanging there for over a month!  It was an unintentional break, but I'm back now.  :)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A Growing (Vampire) Family *Sept 22*
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
A Growing (Vampire) Family

Andrew:  Ugh…every sim with a paintbrush thinks they are an artiste.  My eyeballs actually hurt.
17.1 bad art.jpg

Andrew:  Where did that fairy princess go?
Artemis: *giggles*
Andrew: (thinking) Ahh…now this is true beauty.
17.2 Andrew Artemis.jpg

Shari:  …and Baby Bill and the Bobcat bounced buoyantly all the way home.  The end.
Apollo:  Again! Again!
Shari:  We’ve read this book 37 times sweetie.  Wouldn’t you like to read Charlotte’s Pig or Dog on a Log now?
Apollo:  Bill!  Bobcat!
Shari: Okay. *sigh* Once upon a time there was a beautiful bouncing baby boy named Bill…
17.3 Shari Apollo.jpg

Wendy: This portrait of you in your dark form is going to be a masterpiece. I can tell. 
Aster:  Well, my wife tells me I’m devilishly handsome so…
Wendy:  And your wife has excellent taste.  But do you think it was wise to choose Painter Extraordinaire as my second aspiration?  Should I have gone ahead and picked my vampire one instead?
Aster:  I think you did the right thing.  I’m sure you’ll finish the painting aspiration in no time, and you still have a day or two before you transform.   
17.4 Wendy paints.jpg

A few days later:

Aster:  I can’t believe I missed your transformation!
Wendy:  I, for one, am glad you missed it.  My original dark form was hideous. I had to run straight to the closet.
Aster:  Well, your new dark form is the complete opposite of hideous.
17.5e Dark form.jpg

Wendy:  It’s a good thing you didn’t miss Frederico’s transformation.
Aster:  Tell me about it!  Can you believe that fool was just standing there on the beach letting himself burn?
17.6 Frederico.jpg

Wendy:  Thank goodness you got to him in time.
Aster:  Yes, and I gave him a stern lecture about sunlight, too.
17.7 sunlight.jpg

Aster:  Welcome to our home, Mr. Datta.  I hope you will be comfortable here.
Mr. Datta:  Thank you, sir.  It’s such an honor to serve your household, sir.  What shall I do first, sir?
17.8 new butler.jpg
Aster:  Well, we’re having a birthday party this afternoon.  You can attend to guests and make sure the dishes don’t pile up.

Wendy: ♫ Hav boo borgna voo! ♫
17.9 toddler cake.jpg

17.10 child collage.jpg
Artemis:  Outgoing                    Apollo:  Music Lover

Mr. Datta:  Clean up the dishes.  Done.
17.11 Datta.jpg

Andrew:  It’s convenient they both rolled Artistic Prodigy. 
Aster:  It sure is.
17.12 Artistic prodigy.jpg

Wendy:  It’s nice to see you, Evie.  I hear things are going well with you and Fig.  Finally.
Evie:  Thanks, Wendy.  Things are good.  Really good, but…
Wendy:  Uh-oh.  What’s wrong?
17.13 Girl talk1.jpg
Evie:  Nothing is wrong.  It’s just…my age.  You see, I’m an adult and Fig is still a young adult.  You know how he drags his feet when it comes to this kind of stuff, and I’m worried.  What if I become an elder before he even asks me to be his girlfriend?
Wendy:  If it’s just more time that you need, I think Aster can help you.
Evie:  I was hoping you’d say that.
17.14 Girl talk2.jpg

Aster:  Are you sure you want to do this, Evie?  Is my brother worth the trouble?
Evie:  I’m sure.  And I can always change back, right?
Aster:  Yes, but the initial transformation is rather uncomfortable.  I just want you to know what you’re getting into.
17.15 Evie turn1.jpg

Evie:  Wendy explained everything to me.  I still want to do it.
17.16 Evie turn2.jpg

Apollo:  Why do we have to do homework over the weekend, Papa Behr?  We haven’t even started school yet.
Andrew:  Because we never miss an opportunity to get ahead in this family.  If you finish quickly, we’ll all go to the flea market this afternoon. 
17.17 homework.jpg

Artemis:  We’re not actually going to buy fleas, are we mother?
Wendy:  Of course not, dear, we’re looking for collectibles. 
17.18 flea market.jpg

Apollo:  Are these collectibles, Mother?
Wendy:  Yes, these are snow globes.  And they have the City Skyline one!  Your father bought all the others for me at a flea market right after we were married.  But the vendor was missing one.  Now we finally have it!
17.19 snowglobes.jpg
Apollo:  That was easy.  Are we going home now?
Wendy:  Your father and I have just enough sun resistance left for one more stop on our way home.  Papa Behr needs to complete a work assignment in the Arts District.

Daisy:  You’ll give him a good review, won’t you, Papa?
Andrew:  I can honestly say that I will.  He’s not half bad.
17.20 Daichi review.jpg
Daisy:  He’d sound even better if he had a decent guitar.  Do you think he’d let me buy him one?
Andrew:  Leave him a generous tip so he can buy it himself.

After returning to the Behr homestead:

Wendy:  There!  That’s my last masterpiece for Painter Extraordinaire.  Now I can finally start the good vampire aspiration.
Aster:  Well done, darling!  And I can’t help but notice that this is a flirty painting…
17.21 masterpiece.jpg

Wendy:  You know, if you would choose the ‘bat form’ power like me, we could try this another way.
Aster:  I’m saving up for sunlight resistance.  Now get in here.
17.22 coffin woohoo.jpg

Meanwhile:

Andrew:  Here we go again.
17.23 Andrew abducted.jpg

Fig:  Hey, Papa.  How was it?
Andrew:  Why is it always me.
17.24 Andrew returned.jpg
Fig:  Actually, it was Aster last time.  It’s almost always you.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2018, 01:50:03 PM »
Haha, Andrew is surprisingly a sim of many guises!
The other day he was decked out as Curry Champion and now he's a beret-adorned art critic!
No wonder the aliens love him the best. You think Senior Pollinator Technician #3 has a thing for Andrew?
How curious that Fig is the only one who's never been abducted!

Artemis and Apollo aged up into adorable children, though they don't resemble each other at all.

Congrats on the snow globe collection! Wow, Wendy made fast work of Painter Extraordinaire!
How great for Evie! I was worried that we might not get to see her children with Fig!

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »
Artemis and Apollo are so cute looking! Both with good traits too!

I never noticed the little congratulations message for completing a collection before I wonder if it changes depending on what else you have complete? That would be so cool!

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2018, 10:08:34 AM »
Aster is doing so good as an heir, I am really happy that he is the heir, still reminds me of my Nathan. I need to go home and play now I think. Time to return to my Sharebears.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
Ooo, Artemis and Apollo are so cute! Also, that shot of Aster beckoning Wendy into the coffin had me cackling evilly.  It's great.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »
Oh, the twins aged up nicely and very different.

And I love how accurate it is that a toddler wants to be read the same book again and again.

Poor Evie, thankfully she has Aster to help her stay young until Fig figures things out. At least he doesn't seem as hurt when the alien didn't picked him this time.
Will Andrew write some reviews on alien art (Xeno-art?)?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »
Haha, Andrew is surprisingly a sim of many guises!
The other day he was decked out as Curry Champion and now he's a beret-adorned art critic!
No wonder the aliens love him the best. You think Senior Pollinator Technician #3 has a thing for Andrew?
How curious that Fig is the only one who's never been abducted!
Artemis and Apollo aged up into adorable children, though they don't resemble each other at all.
Congrats on the snow globe collection! Wow, Wendy made fast work of Painter Extraordinaire!
How great for Evie! I was worried that we might not get to see her children with Fig!
Everyone loves Andrew, it seems.  I don't know if SPT#3 has her eye on him or not, but she's not getting him.  ;)   I agree that it's interesting Fig has never been abducted.  In other files that I've played, it's quite common for aliens to be abducted by their own kind. 

Artemis and Apollo are so cute looking! Both with good traits too!
I never noticed the little congratulations message for completing a collection before I wonder if it changes depending on what else you have complete? That would be so cool!
Yeah, you never know what you are going to get when you adopt nooboos, but I've been lucky so far.  Since Aster and Wendy will need to adopt several, I've been trying to pick infants with different skin tones for variety. 

Aster is doing so good as an heir, I am really happy that he is the heir, still reminds me of my Nathan. I need to go home and play now I think. Time to return to my Sharebears.
I would love to see more of your Sharebears!  Have fun playing.   :) 

Ooo, Artemis and Apollo are so cute! Also, that shot of Aster beckoning Wendy into the coffin had me cackling evilly.  It's great.
Yeah, the animations for coffin woohoo crack me up every time. 

Oh, the twins aged up nicely and very different.
And I love how accurate it is that a toddler wants to be read the same book again and again.
Poor Evie, thankfully she has Aster to help her stay young until Fig figures things out. At least he doesn't seem as hurt when the alien didn't picked him this time.
Will Andrew write some reviews on alien art (Xeno-art?)?
When I decided that Evie would be Fig's love interest, I knew I'd have to do something about her age.  Luckily, Aster was able to help out.   ;)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Happy Family *Sept 27*
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2018, 10:29:34 PM »
Big Happy Family

Artemis:  We’re going to school!  We’re going to school!  Last one there is a rotten egg.
Apollo:  I don’t care about school, but I will not be a rotten egg.
18a school.jpg

Wendy:  Did you hear the news, Mama Behr?  Aster won the election!  Your son is the National Leader!
Shari:  Just think, I’ve had the honor of changing the National Leader’s diapers.
Aster:  Mama!
Shari:  I’m just teasing, son.  I’m quite proud of you.  I knew you’d reach the top of your career—and quickly, too.
18b national leader.jpg

Aster:  Thanks for coming over, Hamza.  Oh, and just in time. 
18c Hamza.jpg
Aster:  Come downstairs.  I’ll give you training before our club meeting.  I can’t call the others until it’s dark out.

Mr. Datta:  Good form, sir, good form.  Will you be needing anything, sir?
Aster:  If you could just show the others in when they arrive, that would be great.
Mr. Datta:  Consider it done, sir.
18d Spar.jpg

Daisy:  Must you mentor your offspring in my room, brother?
Aster:  I’m sorry, sis.  He wandered up here when I offered him training.  I’ll take him downstairs as soon as I’m done.  You should really think about locking your door, you know.
18e mentor Fred.jpg

Fig:  Hey Evie!  What a nice surprise!  Did Mama call a club meeting?
Evie:  Actually, I’m here for Aster’s club.
Fig:  Aster’s club?  But why?
Evie: Umm…
18f Fig Evie.jpg

The following day…

Daisy:  Whew!  That’s the last bestseller I need for my aspiration.  Now if I only knew what I wanted to do next…
18g bestselling author.jpg

Fig:  Papa, do you have a minute?
Andrew:  Sure, son.  What’s on your mind?
Fig:  How did you know that Mama was the one for you?
Andrew:  Well, to be honest, it was your mother that did the choosing.  As a legacy founder, she could have anyone she wanted.  I just thank my lucky stars she picked me.
Fig:  And you’ve never had any doubts?  Don’t you ever feel tense?
Andrew:  Sometimes my unflirty trait makes me a little tense around others, but never around your mother.  Now, my job often makes me tense.  When that happens, I take a muscle-relaxing bath.  Works every time.
18h talk to Dad.jpg

Fig:  Daisy and Aster, I’m glad you are both here.  May I ask you something?
Daisy:  If you are going to ask us if you should marry Evie, the answer is yes.
Aster:  I concur.
Fig:  Well, that’s not exactly what I was going to ask.
Daisy:  But that’s the gist of it, right?
Fig:  Don’t either of you ever have doubts?  Don’t you ever feel tense?
Daisy: Is your noncommittal trait getting in the way?  Just take a moodlet solver.  Or buy the ‘carefree’ trait. 
18i talk to sibs.jpg
Wendy:  Fig?  I couldn’t help but overhear, and I think I can help you.  Come with me.

Fig:  This is nice, but how is fishing going to help me with Evie?
Wendy:  Because you’ve got Angler’s Tranquility, Fig, from completing the Angling Ace aspiration.  Whenever you feel tense, all you have to do is go fishing. 
Fig:  You’re right, Wendy!  I was feeling tense before, and now it’s gone.  How did you know?
18j fishing.jpg
Wendy:  Because Angling Ace was my first aspiration.  I’ve got Angler’s Tranquility, too.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, Aster’s having a club meeting tonight.  I need to get going.

Aster:  Welcome to another meeting of Aster Dark.  Tonight, we’ll be…
Hamza: Um, sir?  May I ask … why are we meeting in the dog park and not at your house?
Aster:  Because someone decided to snack on my butler during the last meeting.  *looks pointedly at Emilie*   I will not tolerate such behavior.  My family and my employees are off-limits.  Is that clear?
Frederico, Ritu, Hamza, and Emilie:  Yes sir!
18k park.jpg

Aster:  I’ve invited Miss Lilith Vatore to tonight’s meeting to give us some pointers.  She’s a Grand Master so please show her due respect.  Hamza, you’re up first.
Hamza: *groans*  Why me?
18l park spar.jpg
Lilith: Ooo…good one. 

The next morning…

Daichi:  I’ve been looking everywhere for you, Daisy.  What are you doing all the way back here?
Daisy:  I was just thinking.  Daichi, do you think I’m turning into my mother?
Daichi: Uh…? *realizes he just stepped on a landmine*
18m talk1.jpg

Daisy:  Every single aspiration that I’ve done, Mama did it first.  The Curator, Freelance Botanist, Bestselling Author…Mama did them all!  Even my career is just the other branch of the one Mama did.  Just once, I’d like to be the first to do something.
Daichi:  Gosh, Daisy.  I think you can do anything you want.  You’re like one of those…um…what’s the word I’m looking for?
Daisy:  Renaissance sims?  Hmm…
Daichi:  Jack-of-all-trades! That’s what I was thinking of, but that big word you said sounds good, too.   
18n talk2.jpg

Daisy:  No one has done Renaissance Sim.   That could work.  And maybe I could even complete a collection while I’m at it.  Thanks, Daichi!  You’ve been a big help!
18o kiss.jpg
Daichi:  Now that’s more like it!

Andrew:  I cannot believe the things people try to pass off as art.  At least this promotion brings me one step closer to retirement.
18p Andrew.jpg

Evie:  What do you think of my dark form, Fig?
Fig:  It’s…uh…
Evie:  I know.  It’s frightening.  And not in a good way.
Fig:  The red eyes are pretty creepy.  Mostly, though, it just isn’t you.
18q Evie dark.jpg

Fig:  Why did you do it, Evie?  What made you want to be a vampire?
Evie:  I’m not getting any younger, Fig.  At least this way, I’m not getting any older either.
Fig: Is that what you want?  To never get old?
Evie:  No, I just wanted to reset the clock, and I don’t have access to youth potions.  The truth is, I don’t really like being a vampire.  I’d change back right now if I could.
Fig:  Say no more. 
18r change back.jpg

Evie:  That’s it.  I’m just plain ol’ Evie again.
Fig:  You’ve never looked better.
18s cute.jpg

Shari:  Penny for your thoughts, dear.
Andrew:  I was just enjoying this beautiful evening.  We’ve come a long way since our days of sleeping in a tent, haven’t we, Shari?
18t sunset talk.jpg

Andrew:  Congratulations on completing the Successful Lineage aspiration, by the way.  I saw it as I passed by the window.
Shari:  Thank you, dear.  I was mentoring Daisy in logic. She’s decided to do Renaissance Sim.
18u successful lineage.jpg

Andrew:  Speaking of aspirations, Apollo and Artemis both finished Artistic Prodigy.  I mentored Artemis on the piano earlier, and Aster helped Apollo with the violin.
18v piano.jpg

18w violin.jpg

Shari:  That’s wonderful!  It seems we are on a roll with aspirations lately.
Andrew:  Yes, except I wonder if I will ever complete Big Happy Family?  I need four grandchildren, and we only have two so far.  Even though Aster and Wendy want a large family, I may not live to see it. 
Shari:  Oh, I think there’s still hope.  The household may be full right now, but we aren’t elders yet, Andrew. I’m sure that either Daisy or Fig will soon wish to move out. 
Andrew:  Well, aspiration or no aspiration, I think we already have our big happy family.
Shari:  Truer words were never spoken.
18x kiss cheek.jpg

Little do they know that progress is being made toward the Big Happy Family aspiration as they speak…
18y closet.jpg

Note:  Evie’s experiment with vampirism was brief by design.  I never intended to keep her immortal.  I just needed to re-set her age back to a day 1 adult to prevent her from becoming an elder too soon.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Happy Family (Sept 27)
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2018, 11:11:53 PM »
Ahahahaha, that was a fun update.  Poor Daisy, wanting to differentiate herself.  Glad to see her going for Renaissance Sim ^^ Ha, finally Fig! It's about time!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2018, 02:31:27 AM »
Haha! Well, no wonder Apollo and Artemis didn't look alike. I'd completely forgotten that they'd been adopted!

Renaissance Sim is a great choice for Daisy!
Besides Books of Life, she can write best-selling skill books!

Oh dear, house visitors snacking on the butler!!!
And, finally, Fig makes his move! Dude, you better put a ring on it too, haha.
I'm crossing my fingers that Evie has twins.  ;D

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »
Go, Fig, go! Congrats on finally getting it. The vampire club was hilarious. Poor Daisy, it's okay, girl, you're getting the family closer to those Athletic points. Most are determined by quantity, not quality, you know. ;) Good luck on the Big Happy Family aspiration.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2018, 10:25:57 AM »
Ahahahaha, that was a fun update.  Poor Daisy, wanting to differentiate herself.  Glad to see her going for Renaissance Sim ^^ Ha, finally Fig! It's about time!
Thanks!  Daisy randomly rolled The Curator as her first aspiration, but then I realized that all the other aspirations I chose for her later were ones that Shari had also done.  I felt like I owed Daisy something of her own.

Haha! Well, no wonder Apollo and Artemis didn't look alike. I'd completely forgotten that they'd been adopted!
Renaissance Sim is a great choice for Daisy!
Besides Books of Life, she can write best-selling skill books!
Oh dear, house visitors snacking on the butler!!!
And, finally, Fig makes his move! Dude, you better put a ring on it too, haha.
I'm crossing my fingers that Evie has twins.  ;D
LOL!  Don't worry, Fig's a good guy-- he'll definitely put a ring on it! 
I felt so bad about the butler being bitten!  He's my first butler ever (and a good one) so I'm kind of attached. 

Go, Fig, go! Congrats on finally getting it. The vampire club was hilarious. Poor Daisy, it's okay, girl, you're getting the family closer to those Athletic points. Most are determined by quantity, not quality, you know. ;) Good luck on the Big Happy Family aspiration.
It's true-- Daisy has contributed quite a bit to the legacy.  She's one of those sims that just quietly goes about their business and before you know it, they've accumulated a ton of aspiration points and maxed several skills.   :)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Evie's Big Day (Sept 29)
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »
Evie’s Big Day

Shari: Does anyone remember whose turn it is?
Andrew: I haven’t got a clue.
Fig: No idea.
19.1 llama.jpg

Fig:  Evie, you’ve always been more than patient with me.  I know I’m a dunce sometimes, but will you marry me?
Evie:  That’s the worst proposal ever!  You didn’t even say you loved me!
19.2 rejected.jpg
Bluebell:  Moo!  Mmoo…oo?  (translation:  Didn’t see THAT coming!  Maybe it wasn’t the best proposal, but who does she think she is?)

Evie:  What am I saying!?  Fig, I’m sorry!  I’ve been really emotional lately.  Ask me again.  Please, please…ask me again!
19.3 sorry face.jpg

Fig:  *takes a deep breath* Okay. Let’s keep this simple.  *takes another breath*  Evie, I love you.  Will you marry me?
Evie:  Yes!  Oh, thank heavens, yes!
19.4 propose again.jpg
Bluebell: Moo! Moo moo.  (translation:  What a relief!  If she had rejected him again, I would have swallowed her whole.)

Evie:  I’m so happy!  And by the way, I think I’m eating for two!
Fig: Oof!  I kind of guessed as much. 
19.5 pregnant Evie.jpg
Evie:  Would it be alright with you if we wait until after I have the baby to say our vows.  I’ve had my wedding dress picked out since I was a little girl, and I’d rather not be a pregnant bride. 
Fig:  Of course, Evie.  There are two things I need to finish before we can get married anyway.

Cue ominous music…

Daisy:  Mama!  Why is there an old man dying in my room? 
Shari:  Well, I suppose it must be his time.  Quick!  Go get Fig so he can talk to Grim.
19.6 elder death.jpg
Daisy:  Wait a second.  Are you saying this was a set-up?  Mama…you didn’t!
Shari:  Don’t be silly, dear.  I simply invited Jon Sherrill to join our family club.  He’s been here for several days having a perfectly lovely time. 
Daisy:  But still
Shari:  Honestly!  If I hadn’t invited him, poor Jon Sherrill would have died homeless and alone. 
Daisy:  But did he have to die in my room?
Shari:  Well, if you would lock your door…

Fig:  Excuse me, but I need to talk to Grim.
Shari: Go right ahead, son.
Fig: So, Grim…this is a little awkward, but can we talk about grilled cheese?
Grim:  No worries, Fig, I get this all the time with you legacy folk.
19.7 grilled cheese.jpg

Artemis:  Mama Behr, why do we have to go to school?
Shari:  I thought you liked school, Artemis.  Why don’t you want to go?
Artemis:  School is okay, but Papa Behr said you never went, and you’re the smartest person I know.
Shari: Did he now?
Andrew *mumbles* Must have misunderstood me…     
Shari:  I’ll make you a deal, sweetheart.  Once you earn your ‘A’ in school, you don’t have to go back unless you want to.
Artemis:  Really?
Shari:  Really.  I’ll write the excuse notes for you myself.
19.8 school talk.jpg
Apollo:  *whispers* That was a close shave, eh, Papa Behr?   

Shari: (thinking) Another one bites the dust.  Another aspiration that is.  And just in time since Andrew and I will celebrate our elder birthdays tonight.
19.9 bodybuilder.jpg

Shari:  *sigh* Well, that’s it.  My last birthday.  Thanks for being here for me girls.
Wendy and Evie:  You look great, Mama Behr!
19.10 Shari elder.jpg

Jamar:  Welcome to the club, Andrew.  It’s really not that bad.
Andrew:  Tell that to my back!
19.11 Andrew elder.jpg

Wendy:  Congratulations on completing Vampire Family, my love!
Aster:  Thank you!  I chose Master Vampire next.  Do you think I can finish two vampire aspirations?
Wendy:  I know you can.  Now, what do I have to do to get some training around here?
Aster:  All you have to do is ask.
19.12 Vampire fam.jpg

Early the next morning…

Andrew:  Fig!  Wake up!  Evie had the baby!
Fig: Wha…?  Huh..?
Andrew:  You’re a father…come on!
19.13 Wake up.jpg

Fig:  She’s beautiful!  And blue!  Why didn’t you call me, Evie?
Evie:  There wasn’t time.  It just sort of happened.  I named her Kara.
19.14 blueboo.jpg

Fig:  Hey little blueboo.  Daddy has to go to work, but I’ll be back soon, okay?
Shari: (in background) She looks just like Fig did at that age.
19.15 Kara.jpg

Fig:  I wish I could stay, but I have to work tonight, Evie.  If I get my last promotion, would you be ready to get married tomorrow?
Evie:  Of course!  The question is, will you be ready?  Are you feeling tense?
Fig:  Not at all!  Wendy gave me some good advice.  Plus, I bought the Carefree reward, just in case.
19.16 talk.jpg

And with that, Fig reaches the top of the Musician career, contributes 6 potions of youth to the legacy, and transfers a ton of fish from his inventory to Wendy.

19.17 Fig career.jpg

The next morning…

Wendy:  This is a beautiful church, but let’s get inside.  I’m burning up.
19.18 church.jpg

19.19 aisle.jpg

19.20 alter.jpg

19.21 ring.jpg

19.22 confetti.jpg

19.23 cake.jpg

Aster:  Congratulations, little brother.  On your promotion…the wedding…everything.
Fig:  Thanks!  I hope you all will visit us soon.
Aster:  You can count on it.  Mama is going to want to see her granddaughter.
19.24 bro hug.jpg

Fig:  Just between you and me…there might be another one on the way.   Evie and I snuck off at the reception…
19.25 bush.jpg

Note:  I just realized that this is the 2nd update in a row that has ended with Fig and Evie trying for baby.  Oh well.  These two deserve their happiness.  I was actually hoping Evie would have twins the first time, but no such luck.  Fingers crossed for another blueboo.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Evie's Big Day (Sept 29)
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »
Awww, that was too sweet!  Yikes, but what happened with the first rejection? Then again, can't blame her XD Fig did drag his feet a bit, didn't he?

anything