Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 13727 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
I really enjoyed neighbor Evelyn interrogating Shari about her love life!
What a great narrative device for sharing details with us about Shari's spouse hunt. :D
And how funny that Evelyn defines "perfect husband material" as neat and unflirty.

Lucky Shari with her Painter Extraordinaire spouse!!!
Brilliant idea with the voodoo doll! So glad things are working out so well!
Andrew was a lucky find.  I picked him over Jamar because Andrew was a young adult while Jamar was an adult.  I didn't know what his aspiration was until he moved in, but it could not have been more perfect.  So far, Evelyn's assessment of Andrew has been spot on!

Ah ha!  The voodoo doll was genius! hehehe Love Evelyn and Shari's gossip session.  Perfect way to share the story ^^
I'm glad you liked it.  Evelyn is very useful for storytelling purposes because I don't want to be narrating all the time and I can't just have Shari talking to herself.  :)

Hahaha!  Shari finds a clever way to work around the unflirty trait.  Love it!
Some nice storytelling there by having us learn about her whirlwind romance through having her tell Evelyn about it!
Shari found the voodoo doll while collecting, and I almost sold it.  But then I thought...nah...this could be useful!

Love the story cant wait for more.
Thank you!  Update coming soon.   :)

Lol at the voodoo doll. Great workaround. Is Jamar going to join the group? It would be a shame to let that pretty face go to waste. Also, I really like Evelyn, we could all use an Evelyn in our lives. Good luck!
I think Jamar will just be a friend because I don't want the household to get too big.  You'll see him occasionally, though.  And I agree, we could all use an Evelyn in our lives.  She's awesome!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Love and Marriage (5/13/18)
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 11:36:58 AM »
Love and Marriage 

3a Andrew John.jpg

John:  The place looks great, Andrew. Nice work on the garden.
Andrew:  Thanks John.  I made all of the planter boxes, but most of the credit for the garden goes to Shari.  She treats these plants like her babies.
3b Shari plants.jpg

John: Speaking of which, I heard you and Shari got engaged.  Youíll have little Behrs running around here in no time, eh?
Andrew: One step at a time, John.
3c Andrew John2.jpg

Evelyn:  Congratulations on the engagement, Shari!  Tell me all the details!  How did he propose?
3d Shari Evelyn.jpg

Shari:  Well, the Romance Festival was in town, soÖ
Evelyn: How in the world did you get your unflirty boyfriend to take you to the Romance Festival?
Shari:  It was his idea!  He said we should go to see if we could find any new flowers for the garden.  And when we got there, he proposed!  We didnít even drink any of the tea.
3e Romance festival.jpg

Evelyn: Are you sure heís unflirty? (lowers her voice) Are you still using the voodoo doll?
Shari: Oh, I sold the voodoo doll.  Andrew might not be romantic, but he is very thoughtful.  He knew going to the Romance Festival would make me happy.  Plus, we did collect flowers for the garden.
3f Shari Evelyn2.jpg

Andrew:  Shari, would you like to have a big wedding?
Shari: I donít think we can afford it, dear.  We havenít even started building the house.
Andrew:  Thatís not what I asked, Shari.  Do you want a big wedding?
3g beach talk1.jpg

Shari: But Andrew, how could we possibly spend that much money right now?
Andrew: I will take that to mean that you would like a formal wedding, and I will tell you how we can afford it.  My paintings have been selling really well, and we have more than enough money in the bank to pay the event fee.  My understanding is that if our wedding achieves gold medal status, then we will receive gifts.  We could sell those gifts and make back most of the money we spend.  Plus, we would earn points for your legacy. 
Shari: Oh Andrew!  Do you really think it would work?  And how do you know about the points?
Andrew:  Itís all in the pamphlet you showed me.  Iím a bookworm, Shari.  I read the whole thing.  Itís fascinating.
3h beach talk2.jpg

Shari:  And youíre willing to have a public ceremonyÖfor me?
Andrew: Of course.  I want you to be happy, and I want your legacy to succeed.
Shari: Itís our legacy now, darling.
3i Beach talk4.jpg

Evelyn: (whispers) I just love weddings.  Donít you, John?
John: Eh...Iíll love it if they have juice at the reception.  (laughs loudly)
3j John Evelyn.jpg
Evelyn: Hush!  Thereís Andrew.  Theyíre about to start.

3k Andrew.jpg
3l wedding1.jpg
3m wedding2.jpg
3n wedding3.jpg

Shari: Congratulations, Mr. Behr.  You made it through the ceremony.  How are you feeling?  Are you tense?
Andrew: Iíve got one tiny, little tense moodlet, but itís buried under overwhelming happiness.  How are you?  Is this the gold medal wedding of your dreams?
3o reception.jpg
Shari: Iíve never been better, my love.  As soon as we finish eating this cake, weíll earn the gold medal.  Then we can end the event early if youíd like.

Andrew:  AhÖitís good to be home. 
Shari: Yes, it is.  Now tell me the truth, Andrew.  Did we get enough money back from selling the gifts to pay for the wedding?
3p home.jpg

Andrew:  The smile on your face is worth any amount of money, Shari.  But if you must know, we earned $855 of the $1000 fee back. 
Shari: Sometimes I think Evelyn is right and that you donít really have the unflirty trait after all.
Andrew:  Iíve got Charisma, I just canít flirt worth a darn. 
Shari:  That must be it.  And do we have enough money to start on the house?
Andrew: With the garden, the paintings, and the breeding of frogs, weíve done quite well.  We have just over $20000 saved for the house.  We can start building tomorrow.
Shari: Does that mean this will be our last night in the tent?
Andrew: Indeed.  Weíd best make good use of it.
3q tent.jpg

Watcher's note:  In the ďFunny Things Sims DoĒ category, I present Jamar- who brought two drinks to Shari and Andrewís wedding.
Apparently, the drink on the left is Fish Tacos made by Eliza Pancakes.

3r Jamar drinks.jpg
Jamar is a glutton, after all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 12:22:05 PM »
D'aww, Andrew is the best. That was such a sweet ceremony. Congrats on the soon-to-be house!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »
What a charming update!
It appears Evelyn was right! Andrew has turned out to be perfect spouse material!
Hardworking, thoughtful, romantic, and even great at math!
Shari and Andrew look lovely in their wedding apparel!

Hahaha, Andrew luring Shari into the tent doesn't seem unflirty to me! What a catch!
Looking forward impatiently to their new house!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
Oh that was so sweet!  Andrew is a darling.  The wedding was beautiful.  That last picture cracked me up!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 05:41:44 PM »
I love how you're starting out in the olden days!  Love all the outfits, etc. 

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
It amused me probably far more than it should have that the happy couple was dressed up so elegantly for their wedding and then climbed into a tent.
Loving this story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »
D'aww, Andrew is the best. That was such a sweet ceremony. Congrats on the soon-to-be house!
Andrew is awesome.  He's a perfect example of what usually happens in my games.  Just when I think I'll have to settle for a spouse who is Evil or Hates Children, the game goes and generates someone perfect.  I just have to remind myself to be patient.

What a charming update!
It appears Evelyn was right! Andrew has turned out to be perfect spouse material!
Hardworking, thoughtful, romantic, and even great at math!
Shari and Andrew look lovely in their wedding apparel!
Hahaha, Andrew luring Shari into the tent doesn't seem unflirty to me! What a catch!
Looking forward impatiently to their new house!
Shari and Andrew are so autonomously affectionate, I wouldn't believe that Andrew is Unflirty if I didn't know better.  House update coming up!

Oh that was so sweet!  Andrew is a darling.  The wedding was beautiful.  That last picture cracked me up!
Thanks!  I'm glad I got a chance to show off their formal outfits.  I figure they deserved a wedding.  And Jamar will continue to prove that he's a glutton.

I love how you're starting out in the olden days!  Love all the outfits, etc. 
Thanks!  I'm doing my best to find outfits that work.  I'm glad you like it so far.

It amused me probably far more than it should have that the happy couple was dressed up so elegantly for their wedding and then climbed into a tent.
Loving this story!
It amused me, too, that's why I waited until the next day to build the house.   :) 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: House and Home (5/20/18)
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 07:45:14 PM »
House and Home

4a promotions.jpg
One day later, the newlyweds arrive home from work.  They each got promotions, and thereís a brand-new house behind them.  Letís take a tour.

The front
4b House front.jpg
Itís a simple single-story farmhouse.  It has no running water or electricity. 

The back
4c house back.jpg
The house is not centered on the lot.  A larger expansion is planned for later (possibly next generation) and this original part will be off to the side.

The interior

4d House interior.jpg
The kitchen has an icebox (fridge) and a wood-burning stove.  I had to replace the rectangular table with actual kitchen counters because the Sims would not prepare food on the table. Pretend the computer on Shariís desk is a typewriter.  Sheís in the writing career which is perfectly acceptable for a woman in the 1800s, but the Sims offers no other means of writing books.  She and Andrew donít use the computer typewriter for any purpose other than writing books and writing letters to penpals. 

The outhouse

4e Outhouse.jpg
When you choose a foundation in the Sims it applies to all buildings on the lot (at least I havenít found a way around it).  Thus, the outhouse is somewhat ridiculously elevated and requires stairs.

Andrew:  Now this is what I call cozy.
Shari: Shall we try out the fireplace, dear?
Andrew: Letís not risk it.  I haven't had a chance to upgrade it yet.
4f cozy read.jpg

Andrew: Does that confetti mean what I think it means?
Shari: Yes! Iím eating for two!
4g expecting.jpg

Andrew:  Thatís fantastic news, Shari.  And I just completed the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration.
4h expecting2.jpg

Andrew:  The best part about completing my aspiration is that I earned the Expressionistic trait.  Now I can easily complete our collection of Emotional Paintings.  We have the mathematical diagram and the flirty and confident paintings already.  I can paint the playful, sad, and angry paintings without having to be in any of those moods.
4i paintings.jpg

Shari: How wonderful!  What aspiration will you choose next?
Andrew:  Musical Genius.  I should be able to accomplish two creative aspirations.
4j musical genius.jpg

Andrew: Did you add flowers to the laundry, Shari?  It smells so fresh!
Shari: Yes, isnít it nice?  Also, did you know using the wash basin increases fitness skill?
4k Laundry.jpg
4l Hang laundry.jpg

Andrew:  Now, you be a good nooboo while Papa goes to work.  Donít give your Mama any trouble.
4m feel baby.jpg

Andrew:  Are you sure youíll be alright while Iím gone?  Do you want me to ask Evelyn to come over?
Shari:  Iíll be fine, dear.  The baby isnít due until later tonight.
4n kiss cheek.jpg

Late that night:

Andrew: My wife is in labor! What do I do?  Boil water?  Get fresh towels?  Do we even own towels?
4o panic.jpg

Shari: Welcome to the world, baby Aster.  I donít have a mother, myself, so I have no idea what Iím doing.  But I promise you Iíll try my very best.
4p Shari Aster.jpg

Andrew:  Hello there, big fellow.  Your mother is a very smart woman, but sheís being a silly goose right now.  Sheís going to be the best mother ever, Iím sure of it.
4q Andrew Aster.jpg

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 07:52:35 PM »
Such a cute update!  I love how you're working all of the items into the time period (including the typewriter).  Super clever work!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 08:38:24 PM »
Awww, that was adorable! I love Shari and Andrew.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »
D'aww, welcome to the world, Aster. I love your little house and your dedication to the time period. It's so much fun to read about. I honestly can't wait to see how you progress the time, it's going to be great.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »
What a wonderful update! I love how you're using the laundry stuff items--the sight of the laundry line and wash tub actually makes sense in your story! It's great!
Shari and Andrew have such a great relationship, too!
Every update is a surprise!
Welcome to the world, Aster!

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 01:15:19 AM »
Ooohh ~ Loving the new update. :3
The house is beauitfully quaint. A great starter for the legacy!
(Also I never knew that the wash basin = fitness; Granted I don't have Laundry Day)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »
Oh, a little house and a baby already.
And great, great storytelling at play with all the items.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 07:28:49 AM »
Your house is adorable, and I love everything you are doing for the time period.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 10:15:30 PM »
Such a cute update!  I love how you're working all of the items into the time period (including the typewriter).  Super clever work!
Thanks!  I'm doing my best to work with what I've got.  I have a general outline for when certain technology will be allowed.  Hopefully, I can stick with it.

Awww, that was adorable! I love Shari and Andrew.
I love them, too!  :)

D'aww, welcome to the world, Aster. I love your little house and your dedication to the time period. It's so much fun to read about. I honestly can't wait to see how you progress the time, it's going to be great.
Thanks!  I hope I can make this work for 9 generations.  We'll see!

What a wonderful update! I love how you're using the laundry stuff items--the sight of the laundry line and wash tub actually makes sense in your story! It's great!
Shari and Andrew have such a great relationship, too!
Every update is a surprise!
Welcome to the world, Aster!
I wasn't sure I would enjoy making my Sims do laundry, but it's turned out to be one of my favorite packs. 
More surprises coming right up!

Ooohh ~ Loving the new update. :3
The house is beauitfully quaint. A great starter for the legacy!
(Also I never knew that the wash basin = fitness; Granted I don't have Laundry Day)
The wash basin=fitness was a surprise to me, too, but I guess it makes sense.  It's good for Shari and Andrew because they won't be getting a treadmill!

Oh, a little house and a baby already.
And great, great storytelling at play with all the items.
Thanks!  I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

Your house is adorable, and I love everything you are doing for the time period.
Thanks!  I really like this small house, but I'm afraid they are going to outgrow it too quickly.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Darkness and Light (5/26/18)
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »
Darkness and Light

Shari:  Look Andrew!  Aster is doing the most perfect flip out of the bassinet!
5a Aster flip.jpg
Andrew:  Thatís my boy! 

Shari:  Heís got my red hair and your darker skin tone.  Iíll need to change his wardrobe, though.
5b Aster toddler.jpg

Andrew:  And weíll need to expand the house a little to make room for another bedroom.
Shari: Perfect!  I think he likes it.
5c Aster room.jpg

Andrew:  The extension to the house also made the front room larger, Shari.  There was just enough space to add a piano.
Shari:  Itís beautiful! 
Andrew:  Sit down and try it, and Iíll fiddle.
5d New Piano.jpg

Shari:  Itís so fancy!  I feel I should be wearing my Sunday best, not my everyday outfit.
Andrew:  Letís change, then.  Is this better?
5e Piano improved.jpg
Shari: Much better.  And the candles help, too.

Andrew:  While weíre all dressed up, we should paint each otherís portraits. 
Shari: Thatís an excellent idea.
5f Portraits.jpg
Andrew:  They turned out nice, if I do say so myself.  Although the one you painted of me is a masterpiece, and mine of you is merely excellent.
Shari:  Donít sell yourself short, dear.  They are worth almost exactly the same.  And besides, weíre never going to sell them.

From Shariís diary:

The strangest thing happened the other night.  Andrew had gone out to use the outhouse (or so I thought) but he did not come right back.  I was inside working on my latest book, and I suddenly realized that he had been gone for hours. 
5g Andrew abducted.jpg
This isnít completely unusual because sometimes Andrew gets distracted and decides to start a painting or a woodworking project, but it was the middle of the night and pitch-black outside.  Itís terrible for his eyesight when he tries to do those things in the dark so I went out (under the pretense of taking out the trash) to go and check on him.  Andrew wasnít in the backyard. As I made my way around the side of the house with the trash, I heard an eerie noise behind me.  I turned to look and there was Andrew suspended about 10 feet up in the air by what I can only describe as a beam of light.   He slowly descended through the light and was set down right in front of the outhouse. 
5h Andrew return.jpg
Andrew got up looking rather dazed, went into the outhouse, then came out and went straight to bed.  He hasnít said a word about it, and I wonder now if it was all just my overactive writerís imagination.  Was the whole thing a dream?

A few days laterÖ

Shari:  Mommyís boy is soooo big!
5i So big.jpg

Aster:  Mama boy sooo big!  Poddy by-sef!
5j Aster potty.jpg

Shari:  That smells wonderful, Andrew.  What are you making for dinner?
Andrew: Pasta Primavera, and if it turns out edible, it will be more thanks to your excellent quality produce than my mediocre cooking skills.
5k Andrew cooks.jpg

Shari:  You are being too modest, dear.  Aster and I think your cooking is wonderful.
5l Aster eats.jpg

Andrew:  Thank you. And did I see that you have received a postcard from every corner of the globe, Shari?  Is that our first complete collection?
Shari:  Yes.  I received the last one in the mail this morning and finished The Curator aspiration as well.  Then, a few hours later I completed the frog collection.
5m postcards.jpg

Andrew:  Two collections and an aspiration?  Congratulations!  You are on a roll today.
Shari:  We should build a cellar so we have a safe place to store our collectibles.
Andrew: Your wish is my command.
5n collections.jpg

Andrew:  What aspiration did you choose next, Shari?
Shari:  Freelance Botanist, of course.  Gardening is more enjoyable than ever now that Iíve got a little helper.
5o Shari garden.jpg

Andrew:  Youíve put so much work into the garden already.  Youíll have that aspiration completed in no time.
Shari: I do hope to finish it quickly, but it will take at least a few days for Bluebell to grow.
5p Bluebell.jpg

Shari:  How are you doing with your Musical Genius aspiration, dear?
Andrew: Iím making steady progress.  Iíve maxed the violin skill and written two songs.
5q Musical Genius.jpg
Andrew:  Technically, youíve been memorialized twice now.  In addition to your portrait, I also named my first song ďShari Darling.Ē
Shari: How sweet of you! But isnít that the name of a Bruce Springsteen song?
Andrew:  His is spelled differently, and heís after our time, remember? *winks*

Andrew:  Did you put Aster to bed?  Did he go right to sleep?
Shari: Yes, he had a busy day.  I think he was asleep before I finished the story.
5r Aster bed.jpg

Shari:  Now that itís just the two of us, I can blow kisses to my darling husband.
Andrew: When itís just the two of us, I rather like it.
5s blow kiss.jpg

Shari: I suddenly get the feeling that I am eating for two again, Andrew.
5t pregnant again.jpg
Andrew: I get that feeling, too.  But why did we trade places?
Shari:  Weíre Sims!  Switching places in the middle of a conversation is just something we do.

Another entry from Shariís diary:

It happened again!  And this time, I know it was not a dream.  The evening that I found out I was pregnant with our second child, Andrew went out in the backyard to do some laundry.  I heard that noise again and saw a flash of light in the window.  I ran outside, and there was Andrew standing in a pool of white light.  I called out to him, but he was fixated on that light and did not respond to my voice. 
5u abducted again.jpg
Then the light carried him up into this saucer-shaped thing.  He was gone for hours!  I paced and paced around the garden, and finally the flying saucer returned.  A hole opened up in the center, and down Andrew came on that beam of light.  It set him down ever so gently in the exact spot that he left from.
5v return again.jpg
This time, Andrew remembers the light, but nothing else.  Oh, I have GOT to talk to Evelyn!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
Such a perfectly timed shot of Aster leaping out of his bassinet.
Love his coloring, too. He's so beautiful!

After Andrew's first abduction, Shari is playing with Aster and she says: Mommy's boy is sooo big!
I was half expecting the next shot to show Andrew with a baby bump and Shari saying: Mommy's other boy is sooo big!

How crazy that Andrew got abducted twice within such a short period. Senior Pollinator Technician #3 must really like him, haha.

Gratz on completing two collections and The Curator plus memorializing each other!
Such a fun update but the suspense is going to kill me now! Hahaha

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
Is it wrong that I kept looking at Andrew's belly in every shot after the abduction?  Can't wait to see how Shari will respond if her man has gone and gotten himself pregnant with an alien baby!
And yes, the Aster flipping shot is outstanding!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2018, 10:20:59 AM »
Lol, guess the aliens heard the word that Andrew is a near perfect husband and had to investigate. Aster is so cute, I love him helping Mama in the garden. Does he have green eyes? It kinda looks like it but I can't really tell. And yay, another nooboo. Crossing fingers for a girl.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »
 Loved all things about that update. Andrew and Shari are just too fantastic together. Little Aster is adorable. Ooo, will thete be an alien nooboo? Can't wait to see!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2018, 06:18:25 AM »
Aster is so cute.
Congratulations on completing your aspiration, and i also think the next will be completed instantly.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 12:09:16 AM »
Such a perfectly timed shot of Aster leaping out of his bassinet.
Love his coloring, too. He's so beautiful!
After Andrew's first abduction, Shari is playing with Aster and she says: Mommy's boy is sooo big!
I was half expecting the next shot to show Andrew with a baby bump and Shari saying: Mommy's other boy is sooo big!
How crazy that Andrew got abducted twice within such a short period. Senior Pollinator Technician #3 must really like him, haha.
Gratz on completing two collections and The Curator plus memorializing each other!
Such a fun update but the suspense is going to kill me now! Hahaha
The really crazy thing is that Andrew only knows one alien.  They were out and about one day, and I was watching Shari, not Andrew.  The next thing I know, some guy is doing the "detect personality" social on Andrew.  I wasn't quick enough to get a picture, and I promptly forgot about it until the abductions started.  If I'd been trying to get Andrew abducted, it never would have happened!

Is it wrong that I kept looking at Andrew's belly in every shot after the abduction?  Can't wait to see how Shari will respond if her man has gone and gotten himself pregnant with an alien baby!
And yes, the Aster flipping shot is outstanding!
It's a perfectly natural reaction to stare at a male Sim's belly after an abduction.   :)   I would have ended the update with the first abduction, but then they came for Andrew a second time...

Lol, guess the aliens heard the word that Andrew is a near perfect husband and had to investigate. Aster is so cute, I love him helping Mama in the garden. Does he have green eyes? It kinda looks like it but I can't really tell. And yay, another nooboo. Crossing fingers for a girl.
Yes, Aster's eyes are green.  And I agree with you about Andrew.

Loved all things about that update. Andrew and Shari are just too fantastic together. Little Aster is adorable. Ooo, will thete be an alien nooboo? Can't wait to see!
Thanks!  Your curiosity will be satisfied soon!

Aster is so cute.
Congratulations on completing your aspiration, and i also think the next will be completed instantly.
Thanks!  The Curator and Freelance Botanist are two of my favorite aspirations. 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Birthdays and Surprises (5/30/18)
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:26 AM »
Birthdays and Surprises

Shari:  And then it just flew awayÖand all Andrew remembers is the white light!
Evelyn:  But Shari, are you sure?  Maybe you were just seeing the light from the lighthouse.
6a talk 1.jpg

Shari:  I know it sounds crazy, Evelyn, but thereís more.  Ever since that night, Andrew has had a weird stomachache, and sometimes his belly sparkles!
Evelyn: What exactly do you mean by sparkles?
6b Andrew sparkles.jpg

Shari: And heís been gaining weight, and Iíve even seen his belly glow!
6c Andrew glow.jpg
Evelyn:  Oh! If heís put on a few pounds, thatís just sympathy weight.  Sometimes that happens when a manís wife is pregnant.

Shari:  But how do you explain the sparkles and the glowing?
Evelyn:  Donít take this the wrong way, dear, but youíre a writer and Andrew is a bookworm.  Is it possible you two are letting your imaginations run wild?
Shari: Thatís why I want you to come over and see for yourself.  Will you watch Andrew closely when you come for Asterís birthday party?
6d talk 2.jpg

Andrew:  What did Evelyn say, Shari?
Shari:  She thinks you are gaining sympathy weight.
Andrew: Does sympathy weight kick you in the gut?
6e both pregnant.jpg

Shari:  If you get the green sparkles tomorrow, try to show Evelyn.
Andrew:  Iíll try.  Speaking of which, are we ready for Asterís birthday?  Do you think heíll get the Top Notch Toddler trait?
Shari:  Iím sure he will.  He maxed his movement and thinking skills ages ago, and that Nanny we hired helped him with his communication.
6f Aster nanny.jpg

Andrew:  Iím sure Iíve read him enough books to fully develop his imagination.
6g Andrew reads.jpg

Shari:  Excuse me, dear, but the baby is coming NOW!
6h Shari labor.jpg

Andrew: Sheís beautiful, Shari.  What shall we name her?
6i Andrew Daisy.jpg

Shari: What do you think of the name Daisy?
Andrew: I love it!  I think Iíll play my two girls a song.
6j Shari Daisy.jpg

The next dayÖ

Andrew:  Well, that birthday party wasÖokay?
Shari:  Yes.  It wasnít a complete disaster, but we only earned a silver medal.
Andrew:  What do you think went wrong?
Shari:  It was Jamar.  He kept taking slices of cake before I could put the birthday candles on.
6k Jamar cake.jpg

Shari:  By the time Aster finally got to blow out his candles, the party was almost over.
6l Aster cake.jpg

Andrew:  A silver medal is okay.  The important thing is that Aster had a good time.
Shari:  Thatís true.  Heís such a handsome fellow, and heís an art-lover.  He must get that from you.
Andrew:  And he wants to be a Whiz Kid.  He must get that from you.
6m Aster child.jpg

Shari:  Did Evelyn get a chance to see your belly glow during the party, Andrew?
Andrew:  No, it didnít happen until after she left.
6n sparkle3.jpg

Andrew:  I think itís a boy!
Shari:  A boy who is definitely NOT a figment of our imagination.
Andrew:  Letís name him Fig!
6o Andrew Fig.jpg

Shari:  Well, Evelyn, what do you think?
Evelyn: Oh Shari!  Iím so sorry that I ever doubted you!  Itís justÖ
6p Evelyn Fig.jpg

Shari:  Thereís no need to apologize.  I donít think I would have believed me either.  The question is, how do we explain it?   I donít trust everyone to be as understanding as you.
Evelyn:  Thank you for trusting me.  And I agree.  Not everyone will be open-minded.  Seeing the two of them together, they donít look all that different except for skin color.  Do you think you could pass Daisy and Fig off as twins?
6q Babies2.jpg
Shari:  Maybe.  They were born about two days apart.  Do you think it will be noticeable?
Evelyn:  Only on their actual birthdays.  You could try waiting to age Daisy up until the last possible moment, and do the opposite with Fig.  Age him up as soon as itís his birthday. 
Shari:  I see what you are saying.  So it would take two birthdays to get them aligned.  Do you think that would work?
Evelyn:  Itís worth a try.  And if not, you can always say Fig is adopted.
Shari:  I thought of that, but he looks so much like Andrew to me that Iíd prefer to think of them as twins.
Evelyn:  Theyíll certainly be raised as twins.  It doesnít matter how they got here.
Shari:  Thank you Evelyn.  That means a lot.

6r hug.jpg

Shari:  Hey there, little guy.  You and I both came here under unique circumstances.  We have that in common.  I may not fully understand how or why you are here, but I know Iíll do everything in my power to protect you.  You can count on that.
6s Shari Fig.jpg

anything