Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 13666 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Full House (July 14)
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2019, 08:41:53 PM »
Ahaha! Don't you love it when the game throws in those lovely curve balls. I guess now it's time for Basil to be in the lime light a little.
And beautiful wedding, congrats to Hazel & Ross <3
I don't know what it is with the aliens in this legacy, but yeah, it's fun.  Keeps me on my toes.  :)   

I agree on the beautiful wedding! And I like the clever use of the marble dance floor. And the flower arranging for the wedding! And I like Hazel's short red hair. I like Hazel. 

And I applaud you for having a doctor sim. I've had one. In total. Ever. And it's more homey, more being a useful part of a community than the scientist. What scared me, the once I did it, was all the appliances that kept breaking and which needed fixing / upgrading to not break.

Basil's alien is a fun complication to have. Here's hoping for a pointy-eared brunette green one.

I do also read along on the SimTech dynasties. And lurk. Yours too @kattiq And they're great. :)
I like Hazel, too.  That's why she gets the best hair.   ;)

Does the doctor career increase the chances of appliances breaking?  I have ghosts who break at least three things every night, so I'm not sure I would notice a difference.   

Also, I'm glad you're enjoying the SimTech story as well.  Feel free to read and lurk as much as you want.   

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Making Room (July 19)
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2019, 09:16:56 PM »
Making Room

Basil:  Thereís something I have to tell you, Sadie.  You may have noticed that Iíve gained a little weight.
Sadie:  Maybe a little, but with proper diet and exerciseÖ
Basil:  Itís not that.  You see, the joke is on me.  Iíve gone and gotten myself knocked up!
Sadie:  But how?  You and I have neverÖ
58.1 Basil Sadie talk.jpg

Basil:  The only thing I remember is a bright light.  My Dad says the same thing happened to my great-uncle and also my great-great grandfather.
Sadie:  You mean, those rumors are true? 
Basil:  Apparently.  Do you want to feel it kick?
Sadie:  ItÖit wonít jump out at me, will it?
Basil:  Gosh, I hope not.
58.2 Sadie feel baby.jpg

MeanwhileÖ

Darwin:  Iíve been thinking about your problem, Hazel, and thereís really only one solution.
Hazel:  I was afraid of that.
Darwin:  Your mother and I have maxed our careers and accomplished our goals.  It makes the most sense for us to be the ones to move out.  Weíll stay until Basil gives birth, just to make sure he doesnít have twins.
Hazel:  If the house fills up againÖ
Darwin:  We wonít let that happen.  But you and Ross will need to act quickly.  Youíve got two brothers and you know how the aliens like our family.
58.3 Darwin Hazel.jpg

Hazel:  Maybe Ross and I could take a vacation, alone.
Darwin:  Sounds good.  Now ask me to step down as the leader of the family club so I can transfer it to you.
58.4 Club transfer.jpg

LaterÖ

Maja:  Are you sure you donít want a party, Kale?  It would only take a second for me to call one in.
Kale:  You know I prefer to just have family, Mom.
Maja:  Have it your way.  Happy Birthday, dear!
58.5 Kale birthday.jpg

Kale adds ambitious to his loner and neat traits.  He joins the Secret Agent career at level 4.

Early the next morningÖ

Basil:  Oww!  Whereíd everybody go?  I couldÖowÖuse some help here!
58.6 Basil labor.jpg

Hazel:  I was in the greenhouse and I thought I heard yelling. 
Basil:  Thanks sis.  Everything is okay now.
Hazel:  Oh!  Who do we have here?
Basil:  This is your niece.  I think Iíll call her Luz; it means light.
58.7 Basil hold Luz.jpg

Later that afternoonÖ

Darwin:  Everything is ready.  As soon as Ross gets home from work, weíll move out.
Maja:  Okay.  Iím just going to hold my first grandchild while we wait.
Darwin:  Weíll always be in the family club.  Itís not like weíre really leaving.
Maja:  I know.  Iím still not putting this baby down until I have to.
58.8 Maja grandchild.jpg

Hazel:  Welcome home, handsome.  OooÖnew uniform.  Did you get a promotion?
Ross:  And cracked my first case.
Hazel:  Congratulations!  Well, that settles it.  You and I are going away for a couple of days to celebrate.
58.9 Ross promotion.jpg

Hazel:  ĎBye guys!  Ross and I will be home on Tuesday morning.  There are leftovers in the fridge.  Donít forget to feed the cowplants. 
Kale:  Huh?  What did she say?
Basil:  Something about food in the fridge.
Rusty: Donít leave me with them!
58.10 Hazel Ross leave.jpg

Hazel:  This is the place!  When I came here as a child, we stayed in the Villa, but I thought the bungalow would be better for just the two of us.  Well, the two of us plus Rusty.
Rusty: Thank the watcher they didnít leave me!
58.11 bungalow.jpg

Hazel:  Just give me a minute to slip into something more comfortable, then we can go upstairs forÖ
58.12 Hazel Ross chess.jpg
Hazel: Öa game of chess.

Ross:  Sheís thought of everything.  Even packed my favorite bunny slippers.  An hour and a half later, the fire is burning low and Iíve got her king in check.   
58.13 chess match.jpg

ďIíll get you next time,Ē she says.  Except she wonít.  No one beats me at chess, not even Kitten.

I blow a kiss her way, to take the sting out of losing.  She accepts it like the doll that she is. 
58.14 blow kiss.jpg

Rusty comes in to have his ears scratched, then curls up at the foot of the bed and ignores us for the rest of the evening.  Heís a good cat.
58.15 baby try.jpg

In the morning, Kitten is ready for an adventure.  Iíd be happy to pull up a chair at the local watering hole and order a juice on the rocks, maybe listen to some cool cat croon a tune.  But Kitten has other ideas, and Iím not in the habit of refusing her anything.
58.16 Enter jungle.jpg

By the time we reach the temple, sheís sold me on the idea of matching wits against some ancient puzzle-masters.  We get down to the business of studying traps, and itís apparent the Omniscan gods prefer a womanís touch.  I get zapped, fried and set on fire while Kitten breezes through like sheís waltzing to Mozart rather than dodging darts.
58.17 collage.jpg

There is one trap that requires my assistance.  In our haste to enter the temple, we neglected to harvest those mood-altering berries the locals told us about.  Now, here we are, faced with a trigger that demands flirtation.  One look at Kitten is all I need to evoke the required mood and bada-bing bada-boom, weíre into the heart of the temple.
58.18 flirty trap.jpg

We hit the jackpot with a trifecta of treasure. 
58.19 three chests.jpg

Kitten opens the first two. She is rewarded with a blessing and all the treasure her tender heart desires.
58.20 Hazel treasure.jpg

I open the last one and receive a curse for my efforts.
58.21 Ross treasure curse.jpg

We stop by the marketplace so I can pay my respects to a statue.  The locals swear by Madre Cosechaís powers and Iím in no position to argue.
58.22 Ross statue.jpg

While weíre there, Kitten runs inside to powder her nose.  She comes back with news.
58.23 Hazel news.jpg

There are too many eyes and ears at the cantina so we split for the bungalow.  There, we have a more private celebration.
58.24 Kiss.jpg

ďWeíve got four hours left before we have to leave,Ē she purrs.  ďAre you thinking what Iím thinking?Ē

She doesnít have to ask me twice.  I donít even bother taking off my shoes and hat. 
58.25 nap.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Occult
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2019, 04:33:11 AM »
That's one of the best chapters put up here of anything. Just by the way. And the internal monologue, in general, works well. There's a settled perspective. 

I don't think appliances broke more often, just that broken appliances -- like the alien x-ray thing -- really got in my way in the one time I had a doctor. And I kinda resolved to only try again with a handy sim.
Various Forum Adventures:

The Dynasty of Original Townies Dynasty
Vlad's Nose story
Sims Eugenics II - the big chateau one
Vacuous Green house (I totes like this one)
Island Living Beachfront Mansion

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2019, 09:41:09 PM »
Aww I loved this chapter! It was so perfectly fitting for how their relationship is between them. So soo perfect! Now you have me wanting to do the jungle adventure stuff again.
I am sad that Darwin and Maja have to leave though- I wished the default didn't include pets.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »
That's one of the best chapters put up here of anything. Just by the way. And the internal monologue, in general, works well. There's a settled perspective. 

I don't think appliances broke more often, just that broken appliances -- like the alien x-ray thing -- really got in my way in the one time I had a doctor. And I kinda resolved to only try again with a handy sim.
Thank you.  Truly.  I was pleasantly surprised at how good The Sims looks in black and white.

In a legacy house, I tend to always have at least 2 or 3 handy sims per generation.  It just works out that way.  Things break.  All the time.  It's been fun doing the doctor and detective careers, but I'm looking forward to doing Scientist again at some point.  Saving the best for last.  It's easily the most useful and probably the least glitchy of the GTW careers. 

Aww I loved this chapter! It was so perfectly fitting for how their relationship is between them. So soo perfect! Now you have me wanting to do the jungle adventure stuff again.
I am sad that Darwin and Maja have to leave though- I wished the default didn't include pets.
Yeah, I wish I didn't have to move Darwin and Maja out.  But Hazel and Ross are both cat-lovers so Rusty had to stay, and the aliens went and took my 8th spot right before Hazel's wedding.  That's what I get for not wanting Hazel to be a pregnant bride!  I wouldn't trade Luz for anything, though.  She's a keeper.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Home for the Holidays (July 26)
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »
Home for Holidays

Maja:  Welcome back, Hazel!  How was your trip to the jungle?
Hazel:  It was great!  We brought back a little souvenir.
Maja:  I can see that!
59.1 Feel baby.jpg

Basil:  Hey sis!  You got here just in time to see Luz age up.
Hazel:  I know.  Thatís why we came home when we did.
59.2 Luz toddler.jpg

Basil:  Let me just get her disguise setÖthere!  What do you think?
Hazel:  Cute as a button!
59.3 Toddler Luz.jpg

Hazel:  Since everyone is home right now, letís decorate the tree for Winterfest.
59.4 decorate tree.jpg

Basil:  And then Father Winter comes down the chimney and gives everyone presents!
Luz:  Whee!
59.5 Basil Luz play.jpg

LaterÖ

Hazel:  Weíre so happy you could join us for Winterfest, Mrs. VanHart.  And by the way, I love your hair.
Avery:  Thank you, dear!  And please call me Avery.
59.6 Avery mother.jpg

Avery:  This Grand Meal looks delicious, Hazel. 
Hazel:  Thank you Mrs. Van-- I mean, Avery.
Avery:  Youíre welcome, dear.  I know you must have made it all by yourself.  My Ross is good at many things, but cooking is not one of them.
59.7 Grandmeal.jpg

After dinnerÖ

Avery:  Now, tell me all about the birth of my first grandchild this morning.  And donít leave out the part about how my son left you here all alone.
Hazel:  It wasnít exactly like that.  Ross had to work.  Heís expecting a promotion and law enforcement doesnít get holidays off, you know.
59.8 Talk to Avery.jpg

Avery:  MmmhmmÖno need to sugar coat it, dear.
Hazel:  Well, anyway, I had just put the ham in the oven when I felt the first contraction.
59.9 Hazel labor.jpg

Hazel:  Everything was already set up upstairs.  We had a feeling it was going to be a girl so we picked out a pink bassinet.
59.10 Hazel baby.jpg

Hazel:  It was a girl.  Two of them, actually.
59.10 Twins.jpg

Hazel:  As soon as Ross got home, he ran right upstairs in a panic.
59.12 Ross panic.jpg

Hazel:  But he calmed down as soon as he saw that everyone was alright.  We named them Holly and Ivy since they were born on Winterfest.
59.13 new parents.jpg

Avery:  They are beautiful and perfect!  And it should be easy to remember their birthdays.  You know, Ross didnít even call when I aged up to elder?
Hazel:  IÖerÖhmm.  Did I mention how much I like your hair?  You look pretty.
59.14 mother talk.jpg

The next dayÖ

Hazel:  Sadie, have you met Basilís daughter?  This is Luz.  (to Luz) Youíre my favorite niece in the whole world, arenít you sweetie?
Sadie:  She looks like her daddy!
Hazel:  Well, Iíll leave you two to get acquainted.
59.15 Sadie meet Luz.jpg

Sadie:  UmÖhi there.  Are you playing peek-a-boo?
59.16 peekaboo.jpg

Sadie:  My name is Sadie.  Iím your daddyís girlfriend.
Hazel: (thinking) Me Daddyís girl.  Not you!  Me!
59.17 mean face.jpg

Basil walks inÖ

Basil:  Oh hey, Sadie!  I didnít know you were still here.
Sadie:  I was on my way out, but Hazel wanted to introduce me to LuzÖ
Basil:  Thatís great!  I would have introduced you earlier, but she was taking a nap. 
59.18 Basil Sadie.jpg

Basil:  Look, Iíve gotta work tonight, but I hope we can all get together again soon.  Itís great to see my two girls getting to know each other.
Sadie:  Yeah, um, about thatÖ
Basil:  Weíll talk later.   How about a kiss under the mistletoe before I go?
59.19 kiss.jpg

Sadie:  So, LuzÖthatís a pretty name.
Luz:  Mean lady!  Go away! *cries*
Sadie:  UmÖHazel?  A little help?
59.20 Luz cries.jpg

Hazel:  Is it bedtime already, Luz?  Let me give you a bath, then Iíll tuck you in.
59.21 Luz bath.jpg

Hazel:  Good night, little Luzie.
59.22 Luz bedtime.jpg

The following dayÖ

Hazel:  I donít know if weíre ready for this, but itís time!
59.23 Holly Ivy age up.jpg

Hazel:  I just have to say itówe made some adorable kids.
59.24 toddlers.jpg

*Holly on the left, Ivy on the right

Hazel:  And, of course theyíre tired, so I guess weíll put them right to bed.
59.25 sleep.jpg

Author's note:  Yes, Hazel hosted Winterfest, cooked the Grand Meal, gave birth to twins, and appeased her mother-in-law all in one day.  She's amazing. 

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Home for the Holidays (July 16)
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
I love the names Holly & Ivy! I also love how you color coordinated their outfits too :D
Hazel is indeed amazing, Ross should feel very lucky! But it seems as if he needs to give his own mother a little more attention too. Haha
Also seems as if sweet little Luz will give Sadie a run for her money. Too funny!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2019, 12:26:52 PM »
Hazel is so fantastic.  Loved when she saved the "mean lady" from the wrath of Luz!!!
Holly and Ivy are great names and adorable little darlings...though I'm already unfairly partial to Ivy  ;=)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2019, 03:33:32 PM »
(singing favorite carol) "The holly and the ivy,    dadadum dum dum....of all the trees within the wood, the holly bears the crown,  ddumdedum...."   I Love the names!  Loved catching up!  What a wonderful Winterfest you guys had.  And Hazel is a peach!  Cute to see little Luz getting all possessive over HER daddy.  So typical of little girls.  You really are an astonishing writer and I always enjoy your chapters.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Home for the Holidays (July 16)
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2019, 06:07:49 PM »
I love the names Holly & Ivy! I also love how you color coordinated their outfits too :D
Hazel is indeed amazing, Ross should feel very lucky! But it seems as if he needs to give his own mother a little more attention too. Haha
Also seems as if sweet little Luz will give Sadie a run for her money. Too funny!
Thanks!  I was hoping for twins and had a few different name combos picked out.  I'm glad they were both girls so I could use Holly and Ivy. 

Luz is definitely a handful, in a fun way.   :)

Hazel is so fantastic.  Loved when she saved the "mean lady" from the wrath of Luz!!!
Holly and Ivy are great names and adorable little darlings...though I'm already unfairly partial to Ivy  ;=)
Hazel is probably the best at handling Luz.  Sadie would probably do better if she didn't try so hard, but it's fun watching her struggle.

(singing favorite carol) "The holly and the ivy,    dadadum dum dum....of all the trees within the wood, the holly bears the crown,  ddumdedum...."   I Love the names!  Loved catching up!  What a wonderful Winterfest you guys had.  And Hazel is a peach!  Cute to see little Luz getting all possessive over HER daddy.  So typical of little girls.  You really are an astonishing writer and I always enjoy your chapters.
I get that song in my head whenever I write Holly and Ivy's names.  ;)   That's not a bad thing, though, it's one of my favorites. 

Luz is definitely a daddy's girl.  I loved all the faces she made at Sadie. 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Toddlers in the House (Aug 4)
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2019, 06:24:01 PM »
This chapter is 20% shorter than normal and 50% toddler spam.  I did the math for you.  Enjoy.

Toddlers in the House

Sadie:  She looks all innocent sleeping there, but I donít think the kid likes me.  What do I do, Ross?
60.1 Sadie needs help.jpg

Ross:  Kids are like dogs.  They can smell fear.
60.2 Sadie Ross advice.jpg

Sadie:  OkayÖbut what am I supposed to do about it?
Ross:  Youíre hopeless.  As hopeless as the Llamacorns winning the World Series.
Sadie:  Well you arenít actually giving me any advice!   And I happen to think the Llamacorns have a good chance this year.
60.3 Sadie Ross talk.jpg

Another dayÖ

Darwin:  So, do you think the butler did it?
Ross:  Thatís what they want you to think.
60.4 Watch tv.jpg
Darwin:  The jealous ex-girlfriend?
Ross:  Nope.
Darwin:  Then who? 
Ross:  ItísÖ
Darwin:  No, wait!  Donít tell me.  I want to be surprised.

Vet:  What seems to be the problem?
Hazel:  Well, his nose is bright red for one thing.
60.5 vet.jpg

Maja:  You know, boys, I may not live here anymore, but Iím still your mother.  I donít think you two should be outside without jackets on.
Kale:  Donít worry, Mom.  Hazel got tired of us almost freezing to death and made us get cold acclimation.
Maja:  Thatís my girl.
60.6 snowpals.jpg

At midnightÖ

Everyone:  Happy New Year!
60.7 New Year.jpg

LaterÖ

Kale:  Youíve got me cornered again.   How do you keep doing that?
Ross:  Youíre too predictable, kid.
60.8 chess game.jpg

Maja:  Just look at my three granddaughters all together!  How did you get them to sit still?
Hazel:  Easy.  I bribed them with candy.
60.9 toddlers.jpg

Maja:  Whatever works.  I canít even imagine having three toddlers in the house at once.
Hazel:  Thanks, Mom, but I do have a lot of help.
60.10 toddler help.jpg

60.11 toddlers with cat.jpg

60.12 Maja hug.jpg

60.13 Hazel reads.jpg

60.14 Basil reads.jpg

Hazel:  I remember when I became the heir, Basil was relieved.  He wasnít even sure he wanted to have kids, and now look at him.
Maja:  Lifeís funny that way.
Basil:  Well, no one told me that I could have a kid with superpowers.
60.15 Basil Luz.jpg

Clara:  From what I understand, Luz wonít get all her superpowers until sheís a teen.  But sheíll be one step closer today.
Maja:  Are you ready for your birthday, Luzie?
Luz:  Cake!
60.16 toddler birthday.jpg

Basil:  Hey Sadie!  You got here just in time.
Sadie:  Oh. Sure. Wouldnít miss it.
60.17 Basil kiss Sadie.jpg

Basil:  Happy Birthday, my little angel.
60.18 Luz to child.jpg

And here she is, the legacyís first Evil child.  Muahahahaha.
60.19 Luz.jpg

Hazel:  Welcome to the family club, Luzie.
Luz:  Thanks, Auntie Hazel.  Do you think I could take over someday?
Hazel:  Not a chance.  But you can always form your own club.
Luz:  Even better!
60.20 Luz club.jpg

Notes:  Luz continues to be quite the delightful surprise.  Also, the internet is divided on how to best spell the evil laugh (because I had no clue and had to look it up).  The most common variations seem to be mwahaha, muahaha or bwahaha.   

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2019, 03:15:41 AM »
Best evil laugh? Mine goes "mwa ha ha ha ha" *cough cough cough* "mwa ha ha ha"

The picture of the three toddlers on the lounge together is priceless! And the bribing with candy - I may do something similar to that with my nephews - only I use stickers in place of candy (my sister can't blame ME if they go hyper that way). :) Mwa ha ha ha *cough cough cough* Mwa ha ha ha.

See? :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2019, 03:01:18 PM »
Adorable!!  Still, you are a better player than I to do three toddlers at once!  I think I'd call it game over at that point.
  Luz, the light, an Evil?  Well, ok, so was Lucifer, which also means light.  I've never played an evil Sim so am looking forward to her antics in future.  Makes me think of a famous, bad tempered anti-hero, (or some think he really had a soft heart deep inside), that became one of my favorite reads.  Brooks was his name.   And how are the other two doing?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #263 on: August 11, 2019, 09:18:13 PM »
Three toddlers. Kudos to you and all the fam! And I'm starting to enjoy using traits I don't normally use, I haven't used evil yet- but I think it's definitely in one of the generation requirements for my Berry Challenge! Luz grew up to be sweet looking so maybe she will get away with mostly everything, lol! Can't wait to see Holly & Ivy grow up next.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »
Best evil laugh? Mine goes "mwa ha ha ha ha" *cough cough cough* "mwa ha ha ha"

The picture of the three toddlers on the lounge together is priceless! And the bribing with candy - I may do something similar to that with my nephews - only I use stickers in place of candy (my sister can't blame ME if they go hyper that way). :) Mwa ha ha ha *cough cough cough* Mwa ha ha ha.

See? :D
Lol, yes, the coughing goes well with the evil laugh. 

Stickers are a good choice for bribing a niece or nephew.  Let the grandparents get in trouble for giving the kids candy.   ;)

Adorable!!  Still, you are a better player than I to do three toddlers at once!  I think I'd call it game over at that point.
  Luz, the light, an Evil?  Well, ok, so was Lucifer, which also means light.  I've never played an evil Sim so am looking forward to her antics in future.  Makes me think of a famous, bad tempered anti-hero, (or some think he really had a soft heart deep inside), that became one of my favorite reads.  Brooks was his name.   And how are the other two doing?
These three toddlers were fun together.  Luz was wild, but Holly and Ivy were charmer and angelic.  It really wasn't bad.  I had a pair of twins in a game once who were fussy and independent, and I'll take these three over those two any day!

I was surprised that Luz rolled the evil trait, but it might turn out to be useful.  I think she'll be loyal to her family, though, like the anti-hero you mentioned.

Three toddlers. Kudos to you and all the fam! And I'm starting to enjoy using traits I don't normally use, I haven't used evil yet- but I think it's definitely in one of the generation requirements for my Berry Challenge! Luz grew up to be sweet looking so maybe she will get away with mostly everything, lol! Can't wait to see Holly & Ivy grow up next.
I don't often play evil sims, either, but it's been fun.  I like it when she does the evil laugh.  So far, I think evil is a lot easier to manage than the mean trait.   I had a mean sim once who had the hardest time maintaining relationships with his family.   

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Home Front (Aug 14)
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »
The Home Front

Luz: (thinking) I may look calm, but I am not okay with this.
61.1 Luz homework.jpg

Maja:  Meckchate already!  Where did you learn that strategy?
Kale:  A true chess master never reveals his secrets, Mother.
Maja:  I bet Ross has been mentoring you.  You never would have thought of that on your own.
61.2 Kale chess.jpg

Ross:  And so, Goldilocks weaseled her way out of the trespassing charge, but was found guilty of stealing Baby Bearís porridge and breaking his chair.  The end.
61.3 Ross reads.jpg

Luz:  They call this hunk of metal a spaceship?  It would never fly!
61.4 Luz park.jpg

A few days laterÖ

Hazel:  Itís good to see you, Mom.  I wish you would have let me throw you a birthday party.
Maja:  Normally I like a good party, but I donít need people cheering while my hair turns gray.
61.5 Hazel parents.jpg

Darwin:  If you donít mind, could you give us a status report?  I hear you got another promotion at work.
Hazel:  Yes, I earned my last promotion yesterday.  Itís been an easy career, I must say.
Maja:  No need to be modest, dear, youíve worked hard.
61.6 Hazel job.jpg

Hazel:  Weíve all been working hard.  Basil just needs one more promotion to reach the top of his career.  Oh, and the aliens came for him again.
Darwin:  Well, the house is full.  At least there wonít be any more surprises.
61.7 Basil abducted.jpg

Maja:  Speaking of which, how is our favorite surprise?  Is she doing well in school?
Hazel:  Luz is great!  I donít always agree with some of Basilís parenting decisions, but itís not my place to interfere.
Maja:  Oh?
Hazel:  For example, the other day, Luz woke up with a stomachache.  I think she was probably just hungry, but Basil had an excuse note typed up for school before I could even offer her breakfast.
61.8 Luz hungry.jpg

Maja:  Are you sure she wasnít really sick?
Hazel:  Iím sure.  But itís okay, I guess.  Basil spent the whole day with her, playing chess and reading and such.  Sheís doing great with her skills, so who am I to judge Basilís methods?
61.9 chess.jpg

Maja:  And how is Kale doing?
Hazel:  I know heís at level 8 of his career, but he doesnít talk about it much.  He says Iím not allowed to ask questions.  He did come home in a new suit.
61.10 Kale job.jpg

Hazel:  Ross isnít allowed to discuss his work much, either, at least not until the cases go to trial.  He was promoted to Captain, which is great, and I think heís got a good shot at being Chief someday.  When the current Chief retires, that is.
61.11 Ross job.jpg

Darwin:  It sounds like youíve got everything under control on the home front.
Maja:  I hope you all get out every now and then for a little fun.
Hazel:  Oh, we do!  When the Spice Festival was in town last weekend, we all went.  Basil had to leave early for work, but the rest of us stayed.   
61.12 spice fest.jpg

Hazel:  We even brought the girls with us.  Of course, we didnít let them have the curry, but Ivy enjoyed her bowl of ramen. 
61.13 Toddlers.jpg

Hazel:  We did let Luz try the Curry Challenge.  Basil said it was okay.
61.14 Luz challenge.jpg

Hazel:  Needless to say, Luz and I didnít do so well. 
61.15 curry challenge.jpg

Hazel:  The biggest surprise of the night was Kale.  He passed the Curry Challenge and got the t-shirt and everything!
Maja:  Good for him!
61.16 Kale tshirt.jpg

The next eveningÖ

Luz:  *sweetly* Hello, Miss Sadie, are you here for the party?
Sadie: (surprised by the sweetness) Yes.  Iím not late, am I?
Luz:  You are right on time.  But you might want to clean that spot off your dress before you go in.
Sadie:  What spot?
61.17 Luz Sadie 1.jpg

Luz:  Hahaha!  I canít believe you fell for that!
Sadie:  *embarrassed*  I should have seen that coming
61.18 Luz Sadie 2.jpg

Everyone: *singing* Happy birthday Holly and Ivy, happy birthday to youuuuuu.
61.19 twin birthday.jpg

Ivy:  Are they going to line us all up every time we have a birthday?
Luz:  Iíd say the odds are good.
61.20 Three girls.jpg

The next morningÖ

Luz:  Auntie Hazel, I need your help.
Hazel:  What is it, Luzie dear?
Luz:  I joined the Behr Cubs and Iím trying to add my cousins to the club, so we can do our homework together, but I canít because this woman is apparently the leader of the club.
61.21 clubs 1.jpg

Zoe:  Hey!  I earned the leadership of that club.  Why donít you just start your own?
Luz:  Because the Behr Cubs already has perks.  Why donít you start your own club?  Youíre not even a Behr.
Zoe:  Iím related to the Behrs.  And by the way, Iím your aunt, too.  So how about a little respect?
Luz:  You are Holly and Ivyís aunt, but you are not my aunt.  You are my Uncle Rossís sister.  The one whoís name no one remembers.
Zoe:  *thinks about it* Well, when your dad marries my sister, then I will be your aunt.  Or at least your step-aunt.  You canít argue with that.
Hazel:  Ladies, letís not get off subject.  Iím sure we can work this out.
61.22 clubs 2.jpg

Hazel:  Zoe, I donít know how you didnít age out of the homework club like the rest of us, but do you really want to lead a club full of kids?  And Luz, do you think you could just ask Zoe nicely to transfer the club to you?
Luz:  I guess I can be nice.  At least sheís the better of Uncle Rossís two sisters.
Zoe:  AwwÖitís okay.  Hazel is right, I donít really need to lead a kidís club.
61.23 clubs 3.jpg

Luz:  Great news, girls!  I took over a club, and Iím going to let you be in it.
61.24 Luz club.jpg

Holly:  What should we do first?
Luz:  Get my dad to take us to the park, of course.
61.25 park.jpg

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2019, 06:32:06 AM »
"I may look calm, but I'm not ok with this.", totally cracked me up.  Dear Luzie is ever adorable!  And her taking over the clubs!  I guess it's ok if they belong in two clubs, huh?  Mine is in her mom's club but she has one of her own with just kids in it.
I loved the story telling with Goldilocks finally getting her come uppance!  Always wondered about that as a kid.  Figured she got away with it because she was a cute blonde, (my rl nemesis as a child!).  I could go on but let's just say a wonderful update as usual!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2019, 10:18:52 PM »
"I may look calm, but I'm not ok with this.", totally cracked me up.  Dear Luzie is ever adorable!  And her taking over the clubs!  I guess it's ok if they belong in two clubs, huh?  Mine is in her mom's club but she has one of her own with just kids in it.
I loved the story telling with Goldilocks finally getting her come uppance!  Always wondered about that as a kid.  Figured she got away with it because she was a cute blonde, (my rl nemesis as a child!).  I could go on but let's just say a wonderful update as usual!
I'm glad you like Luz's antics.  She's a lot of fun.  All the girls belong to both the family club and the kid's club.  I just activate whichever one I need at the time.

I figured Ross might want to add his own commentary to the end of Goldilocks.  I always kind of wondered what happened to her, myself.   ;)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Shoe Bandit: Part I (Aug 16)
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2019, 10:47:10 PM »
The next two updates will take a slight detour from the main story to cover Rossís adventures in the detective career.   Part One begins shortly after Ross and Hazelís wedding.

The Shoe Bandit: Part One

Itís my first day on the job and Iím greener than the grass on the other side of the fence.  Except the ground is covered with snow because itís Winter.  Grass or no grass, I am an Eager Beaver, ready and willing to start fighting crime.
62.1 Day one.jpg

Of course, even a smart guy like me has to pay his dues.  Finger prints, mugshots, confiscating contraband.  The usual.
62.2 search suspect.jpg

This goon tries to get fresh with me.  I donít think so, punk.  Iím a married man and Papa donít mess around.  Come to think of it, my wife could easily knock you from here to next Tuesday so youíre lucky you're already behind bars.
62.3 awkward.jpg

Finally, I catch a break.  Thereís a crime scene in Newcrest and they need an extra man.  Itís warmer in Newcrest.  No snow, just rain.  Rain that might be washing away evidence, but my colleagues just stand around like itís a Sunday school picnic.  Good thing Iím on the job.
62.4 crime scene.jpg

I interview a few witnesses because thatís what Iím supposed to do.  Their reports are about as useful as a violin in a marching band, but at least Iíve got something to turn in to my superiors.
62.5 witness.jpg

Before heading back to the station, I snap a picture of a shoe that none of the other officers seem to have noticed.
62.6 shoe picture.jpg

The next day, I get sent out to make my first arrest.  Itís an open and shut case, nothing complicated.  Iím just supposed to haul in the suspect.  Still, Iím eager to prove myself.

There have been several incidents at the gym in Windenberg.  Some joker keeps clogging up the pool filter with llama fur and management has asked the police to get involved.  Sounds like kid stuff.

I arrive on the scene to find-- not kids, but three elderly women using the pool.  I immediately know which one of them is the culprit, but I make small talk and engage in some friendly banter first.
62.7 pool elders.jpg

When everyone is feeling nice and relaxed, I make my move.

ďYou!  With the fur-lined boots.  Your inappropriate footwear is clogging up the filter in the pool!Ē  Itís hard to sound menacing saying something so absurd, but I do my best.

She starts offering up excuses.  I didnít know.  No one told me not to wear boots in the pool.  I only went swimming once (a day for the last two weeks).  I'm just an old woman.
62.8 pool arrest.jpg

I haul her back to the station for questioning because the chief wants results.  Sheíll probably get off with a warning for a first offense.  If stupidity was an actual crime, sheíd get a life sentence.

The chief calls me into his office for a chat.  Chief Bacon is a big man.  Yeah, I know what youíre thinking, but donít make that pig joke.  Iíve seen others try it, and it ainít pretty.  Because, you know, cops are called pigs and bacon comes from pigs and...never mind.
62.9 chief.jpg

If Iím expecting praise for a job well done, I donít get it.  Instead, the chief chews me out for breaking protocol.  Apparently, it is not okay to make an arrest in your swimwear even if you are at the pool and basically have no choice.

I want to point out that undercover agents make arrests in street clothes every day, but I know what heíll say.  Iím no undercover agent.  Yet.  I bite my tongue and keep my trap shut.

When heís done berating me, the chief tosses a thin manila folder at me and says, ďsee what you can do with this.Ē 

My first case.  And not just any case.  As it stands, there are no clues, no evidence has been collected, and no witness reports have been taken.  Staring at the blank board in front of me, I canít help but grin like a Cheshire cat.  Starting with nothing.  My kind of job.
62.10 new case.jpg

Step one is travel to the scene of the crime.  Iím surprised to find my sister there, but not surprised when she provides no useful information.
62.11 Sadie witness.jpg

The case itself is a typical oneópetty theft, damage to property, graffiti.  This time, the thief has left a calling card, a spray-painted drawing of a gnome.
62.12 gnome.jpg

And a familiar looking shoe.
62.13 shoe again.jpg

Back at the station, I start putting it all together.
62.14 crime board.jpg

Long story short, the trail leads me back to Windenberg, this time to the library.  I find my suspect upstairs.  His shoes give him away.
62.15 arrest shoe guy.jpg

I donít like to brag, but my first interrogation is as smooth as silk.  I donít have a script, I just follow my gut.  I lead with a little good copÖ
62.16 suspect pleads.jpg

Followed by a sprinkling of bad copÖ
62.17 bad cop.jpg

And when Iíve got him right where I want him, I present some cold, hard evidence.
62.18 evidence.jpg

One confession later, and Iíve officially cracked my first case.
62.19 confession.jpg

This time, when the chief calls me into his office, I take a seat behind the desk.  I get the impression he doesnít like this which is exactly why I do it. 
62.20 chief chair.jpg

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Shoe Bandit: Part II (Aug 17)
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2019, 09:09:26 PM »
The Shoe Bandit: Part Two

Solving my first case leads to a promotion complete with new uniform, longer hours, harder cases, more responsibility, and not much increase in pay.
63.1 promotion.jpg

The names and faces may be different, but the cases are basically the same.  I travel to the scene of the crime, bringing four or five junior officers with me.
63.2 crime scene.jpg

Everyone else stands around and pretends to be busy while I do all the work.  I interview witnesses who like to waive their arms around and point, and who hardly ever say anything worthwhile.  Except for the ghost lady.  She's worth talking to.
63.3 witness.jpg

I gather evidence and take photos at the crime scene while my coworkers continue to mill around. 
63.4 gnome.jpg

At the station, I put together the pieces of the puzzle until I know what kind of suspect Iím looking for.  Then, itís just a matter of time until I can issue an all points bulletin and make an arrest. 

Even though I have a good description of the suspect at this point, I still like to ask the public if theyíve seen him.  It makes the concerned citizens feel useful and the arm waving and pointing amuse me.  Especially when they get confused and point at me.
63.5 witness points.jpg

People think thereís some magic to it, but criminals always reveal themselves.  Take a look at these two broads.  Which would you say is the guilty party?
63.6 guilty look.jpg

Itís not a trick question.  Itís the one whoís sweating bullets.  I owe much of my success as a detective to being more observant than the average joe. 
63.7 handcuffs.jpg

After the arrest comes the fun part: interrogating the suspect. 
63.8 not me.jpg

Good cop.  Bad cop.  Show evidence.  Repeat.  It never gets old.
63.9 Bad cop.jpg

Sometimes I even throw in a little crazy cop.
63.10 crazy cop.jpg

These days, the chief doesnít care what methods I use, as long as I get results.   
63.11 chief chair.jpg

I put criminal after criminal behind bars, and yet, I have a hunch the real mastermind behind it all remains elusive.  The crime scenes- they all look the same.  The graffiti, the trash, the shoes.  Itís the shoes that bother me.  My very first case, I arrested a crook who wore those shoes.  I know that punk is locked up, so why am I still seeing the shoes?  It doesnít add up.

What I need is an informant.  Someone who will rat out the boss.  I find that guy at the dog park.
63.12 chess game.jpg

Heís a pleasant enough guy.  Not the brightest.  Probably fell in with the wrong crowd at a young age.  Iíve got a warrant out for his arrest, but rather than slapping cuffs on him right away, I play a game of chess with him.  A little cat and mouse, if you will.  You can tell a lot about a sim by how they play chess.  What I learn about this guy is that heís just the stool pigeon Iím looking for.
63.13 chess 2.jpg

When I get him into the interrogation room, he cracks faster than an egg on concrete.
63.14 cracked.jpg

Five minutes in, heís crying for his mama.
63.15 mama.jpg

Two minutes after that, heís naming names.
63.16 names.jpg

Turns out, itís a husband and wife teamósort of like Bonnie and Clyde, only not as young, not as good looking and significantly less dangerous.  I nabbed the husband early in my career, but the wife has carried on with her life of crime by recruiting others. 

It takes time to set up the sting operation, but eventually we nab our man, or rather, woman.  Of course, she denies everything.
63.17 mean lady.jpg

Not that it matters.  Iíve got so much evidence at this point-- along with half a dozen of her shoes-- that I donít even need a confession.  I get it anyway, but I donít need it.
63.18 glare.jpg

I havenít seen a tennis shoe at a crime scene since I put her ugly mug behind bars.
63.19 mean lady.jpg

Itís the biggest bust of my career and nets me another promotion.  I donít like to count my chickens before theyíre hatched; but when the chief packs his bags for Sulani in a few months, the job is probably mine.
63.20 chief praise.jpg

When the desk belongs to me and not him, Iíll probably never sit at it again.  It wonít feel right.
63.21 chief retire.jpg

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I partially read through your story last week but got caught up today.
Wow, I didn't even recognize Maja at first in her 1920s apparel!
How great that the Gen5 redhead also rolled the Loves the Outdoors trait. Hazel is simply gorgeous.

I lol'ed that you moved out Maja and Darwin, but kept Darwin's daughter! Speaking of which, how are you enjoying the Parenthood pack?
Hard-boiled Ross is the best! Can't wait to watch Holly, Ivy, and Luz grow.

P.S. Didn't one of the spares have a child with Father Winter? Did the child get the Father's Winter Child trait?
Is that trait worth doing the old chubby dude for?

Offline sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
I love the black and white story part. So with the times. I hate it that the splash and screenshots aren't working now.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I love the black and white story part. So with the times. I hate it that the splash and screenshots aren't working now.
What? You can't take screenshots of splash announcements anymore? Since when and why?

Offline sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
What? You can't take screenshots of splash announcements anymore? Since when and why?

Since the last patch, something broke.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Shoe Bandit: Parts I & II (Aug 16/17)
« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »
You are so creative! You have a real talent for pastiche. I love Ross and I loved everything about this little interlude. :)

I haven't been commenting much, but this legacy is, as they say, the absolute bee's knees!

anything