Author Topic: Tricks and Treats  (Read 15478 times)

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Tricks and Treats
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2018, 02:35:29 PM »
Thank you I understand. I looked into uninstalling an expansion pack since I have seasons installed. This was possible before, but since Origin got an overhoal, you can only uninstall all content at once. Not one expansion pack. I think I will skip this one then. Too much hassle to uninstall everything, download and install it again without seasons. I might be able to delete the folder of the expansion or something, but I'm afraid it will break my other save games that use seasons. I will try again in the next few events, since I will have some time off soon :D too bad, I like a challenge that involves pets.

I had to skip this one too, because I had Seasons installed. I didn't realize you had to uninstall everything now. Definitely a hassle. I'll remind the rest of the team of this.

Hi guys,

You definitely do not have to uninstall a pack if you do not want to play with it. It is still possible to disable any pack(s) you want through Origin, see this guide: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/. Worked for me.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »
Thank you I understand. I looked into uninstalling an expansion pack since I have seasons installed. This was possible before, but since Origin got an overhoal, you can only uninstall all content at once. Not one expansion pack. I think I will skip this one then. Too much hassle to uninstall everything, download and install it again without seasons. I might be able to delete the folder of the expansion or something, but I'm afraid it will break my other save games that use seasons. I will try again in the next few events, since I will have some time off soon :D too bad, I like a challenge that involves pets.

I had to skip this one too, because I had Seasons installed. I didn't realize you had to uninstall everything now. Definitely a hassle. I'll remind the rest of the team of this.

Hi guys,

You definitely do not have to uninstall a pack if you do not want to play with it. It is still possible to disable any pack(s) you want through Origin, see this guide: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/. Worked for me.
Thank you. I didn't know that. It's too late now to start the challenge, but I will keep this in mind for future challenges or when I want to disable something for some reason

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2018, 02:57:08 PM »
I was really looking forward to participating in this challenge, but unfortunately I have been poorly and have only just gotten out of hospital.  Hopefully I will be well enough to resume my simming and participate in the next one before it ends.

Good luck to everyone who took part.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
Get better soon, workingmum8. :) *sends you a big hug*

And thanks for letting everyone know that info, Rinkils.

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2018, 03:25:42 PM »

Hi guys,

Thank you. I didn't know that. It's too late now to start the challenge, but I will keep this in mind for future challenges or when I want to disable something for some reason

Oh, sorry I didn't catch that conversation earlier.

Offline mens0067

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
My simself managed to train 56 tricks and train out 36 behaviors.

56 x 2 = 112 + 36 = 148

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »

Hi guys,

Oh, sorry I didn't catch that conversation earlier.
That's okay

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 12:31:00 AM »
I technically have 2 more sim days and 30 more min real time to play but I can't I'm too tired. But I ended with 56 tricks and 102 behaviors.
56 x 2 = 112
112 + 102 = 214

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:32 AM »
I technically have 2 more sim days and 30 more min real time to play but I can't I'm too tired. But I ended with 56 tricks and 102 behaviors.
56 x 2 = 112
112 + 102 = 214

WOW!!  Awesome score!

I actually finished this at close to the last minute, went to do something else, came back, and completely forgot to post my score.  It wasn't a winner, but wasn't bad - 112 points for tricks and 37 for behaviors, for a total of 149, but unfortunately it doesn't count because it's 2:33 am on 7/9 where I live. 

Congratulations to everyone who finished, and especially the top scorers.  Looking forward to reading the strategies to get all those misbehaviors corrected!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2018, 03:39:33 AM »

Hi guys,

Thank you for sharing this @Rinkils!  Very helpful information.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2018, 06:18:28 AM »
GlazeyLady -- I am including your score. No worries. :)

This challenge is now over. Grats to MomOfMany for the win. Everyone can now share strategy.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
GlazeyLady -- I am including your score. No worries. :)

Thanks, Metro!  This was a good challenge - I bought Cats and Dogs right away, but hadn't really gotten into the content until the last challenge and this one.  I always like it when challenges cause me to play in ways I might not otherwise play.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2018, 10:59:00 AM »
I need to step in here and ward off any potential conflict. When MomOfMany explains what she did to obtain her Behavior score, please do not message the team and say, "Oh, if I had known that I would have done it too." Or, "I thought that was not allowed."

Look, sometimes a player thinks outside the box. That's a good thing. And she messaged the team making sure what she had in mind was legit. About all I could say is..."well, there is no rule saying you can't." So, the trick she discovered was completely legit -- it just wasn't even in the team's thinking when we set up the rules.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2018, 12:55:22 PM »
I need to step in here and ward off any potential conflict. When MomOfMany explains what she did to obtain her Behavior score, please do not message the team and say, "Oh, if I had known that I would have done it too." Or, "I thought that was not allowed."

Look, sometimes a player thinks outside the box. That's a good thing. And she messaged the team making sure what she had in mind was legit. About all I could say is..."well, there is no rule saying you can't." So, the trick she discovered was completely legit -- it just wasn't even in the team's thinking when we set up the rules.

Oh my gosh, @Metropolis Man, you really stoked the fires of curiosity!!   I can't wait to hear what she did!!! 

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »

Oh my gosh, @Metropolis Man, you really stoked the fires of curiosity!!   I can't wait to hear what she did!!! 

Oh, I have a tip. I only got that idea now. So I am double curious. :)

anything