Author Topic: A Friendly Play Through-Investigator Profession  (Read 15803 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: A Friendly Play Through-Investigator Profession
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2019, 09:08:30 PM »
Do you mean you want no pets at all in game?

If so, you can turn off pets using NRAAS>Register>Animal Control>set all animals to zero or just the ones you want or make the numbers very small. Is that just for strays?

And I think you can change the number of them overall in the world too---that may be under demographics---by species? maybe, then for horses, big and little dogs and cats.
Then change it in SP> Hhmm, not so sure about that process and I don't have it written down. I'll have to go check on that one.

Since I had no pets at all in IP due to the lag and glitchiness, I did allow pets in Riverview but limited it to no more than 3 in a household.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2019, 09:35:44 PM »
I've got the game set to no pets in the Options already, and as I said in my post I have it set in Register = All stray animals to zero.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2019, 10:37:41 PM »
Date: Week 5 Day 2 Mon.
Levels: PI Lv10, Logic Lv10 ; Handi Lv5 ; 35/35 cases done.
Funds: $80,497.

Reached 35/35 cases done!! Wha-hoo!!

I feel like once I got a rhythm down, it was easier to get cases done without to much distraction. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2019, 10:39:24 PM »
I dislike Pets almost as much as I dislike Seasons and don't have it running normally either. I remember no matter what I did, horses kept on annoying me with their antics when it was installed. And no, I don't like mods ... as Sheldon Cooper once put it I'd rather be disappointed in the order that George Lucas intended (replace George Lucas with EA) :P

And YAY Mrs Flynn! Well done!

:)  :D  ;D 8)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2019, 10:55:13 PM »
How you doing in-game Dek? I saw your previous post from early this morning. Have you gotten to play since?

Oh, and he's now on his 17th case, at level 6 as a PI - Gumshoe. He's still at level 4 logic.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2019, 01:23:52 AM »
No - work for me is happening and my boss doesn't appreciate me playing games while at work :D

But, close to end of work day :)

YAY end of work day is here ...

So, it's back to work for our PI
Screenshot-224.jpg

Hmmmm ... Norman is home and this time in the shot!
Norman - I suppose you're checking her throat for clues, young man?
Elaine - DAD! *blushes*
Bill - No Sir, I'm kissing your daughter.
Elaine - BILL! *blushes*
Norman - Very well, don't mind me. I do want grand kids.

Screenshot-217.jpg
Bill searched the database for the finger prints in the naked ring finger ...

Screenshot-223.jpg
And it was Flat Bloke who tried to frame his 'friend' Dallas Shallow by losing it.

Surely if he needed money THAT badly, he could have just pawned it. But it got Bill a reward for the wall so yay for Bill Christie.

For the first time in this game I got a job to do for someone Shana Natcher (turns out she's a homeless townie). It was the flamingo one again. The case messages left out her name, and my interaction with her to get offered the case and to solve it were via phone.

Gotta love the messages of "No I haven't seen a flamingo. No I'm not looking for one." Got that one two out of three times that time.

Screenshot-232.jpg
The Christie house with all of his interior rewards.

Bill went to the library to read up on logic. Reached level 5 logic and level 8 PI Career. He also picked up a Yomoshoto Evasion.
Screenshot-233.jpg
PI Christie studies Logic and his stats at Saturday, Week 2
Level 5 Logic Skill (no skill challenges)
Level 9 Charisma Skill (all skill challenges)
Level 8 PI Career (19/35 cases solved)
22,544 Simeloens
LTRs - Observant, Profession Simeloen Booster, Opportunistic, Discount Diner
Rewards- Yomoshoto Evasion, Honor Trophy, Heroe's Medal, Task Board, Frosted Door. Also received charitable moodlet x2 and minty breath moodlet x1

To avoid double posting, I'm editing this post to update the fun I've had tonight with dear old Bill.

Firstly, he always remembered at PI training that they were told to make sure their cars wouldn't stand out ...
Screenshot-236.jpg
He was also told he had to be good at logic
Screenshot-235.jpg
and hacking
Screenshot-240.jpg
and he'd have to conduct the odd stakeout ...
Screenshot-243.jpg

Monday Week 3
Level 5 Logic Skill (no skill challenges)
SUPERMAXED Charisma Skill
Level 9 PI Career (20/35 cases solved)
22,544 Simeloens
Rewards- Yomoshoto Evasion, Honor Trophy, Heroe's Medal, Task Board, Frosted Door. Also received charitable moodlet x2; minty breath moodlet x1 and Saw Great Game Moodlet x1
Also gotten messages that Norman Joy and Flo Broke are going with Grimm today :(

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2019, 07:05:33 AM »
@Deklitch Nice and inconspicuous car, Mister Deklitch 8) It's very brave of you to play with both needs and aging on. You know, I really appreciate the "mature geek" aspect of you. Gotta love all those quotes and references of yours ;)

And congrats on surviving all the bumps, MrsFlynn. You've had so many. It must feel good to finally have crossed the finishing line all things considered :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2019, 02:59:33 PM »
@Nindigo oh I'm not that brave :) My needs are static. I've just got aging on.

Nearing the end of this

More deaths have occurred ... this one was Hope Carpenter - Sunday Week 4. Bennie Dean died shortly after.
Screenshot-286.jpg
I believe Buzz is still alive, but ...
Bill - shhhhhhhhhhhh I'm on a stakeout - my 29th case. Mutant food, major problems involving pollies, cooks and more
Screenshot-289.jpg
You may recall that Norman Joy tasked Bill with providing him a grand child a little while ago. Well, Maria Joy has been born and is being raised by her single mother, Elaine Joy. Bill wants to complete his final six cases so that Elaine and Maria can come and live with him.

Sunday Week 4
Level 1 Inventing Skill (because ... why not) LOL
Level 9 Logic Skill (no skill challenges)
Level 10 PI Career (31/35 cases solved)
39,115 Simeloens
Rewards- Yomoshoto Evasion, Honor Trophy, Heroe's Medal, Task Board, Investigator's Keepsake, Key to the City, Frosted Door, 2 x festus stoves and every day there seems to be paintings, plants or similar items in the letterbox. Also received charitable moodlet x2; minty breath moodlet x1 and Saw Great Game Moodlet x1

Edit to Add: After a stakeout, you can go to a computer, choose the investigator career option and 'write a stakeout report', this can be done at 0 writing skill. On completion you get a one off payment of 250 simeloens; not a lot but every little bit helps. If memory serves, regardless of writing skill it is 250 simeloens you receive for doing so - I don't think that's on the 2nd post of this thread yet :)

Edit to Add 2: If you get the "Someone's Fishy" case to complete, you get to stakeout a sim's house at one of the stages. You also get a book and a service ribbon for completing the case. Book sells for only 90 simeloens :) BUT you don't get to write a stakeout report on it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2019, 04:13:45 PM »
Woo! Congrats MrsFlynn! Thought your save might not make it there for a while!

So close now Deklitch and that car! Wow...lol
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
This deserves its own post ...

On Wednesday, Week 4 at 4:17am, Bill completed his 35th case and became a pervasive private eye. Jebediah Wilson was his final client.
Screenshot-302.jpg
So now there's only one thing for him to do ...
Screenshot-303.jpg
Teach Maria to walk.

His final stats for this playthrough are:
Wednesday Week 4 completed LTW of Pervasive Private Eye
Level 1 Inventing Skill (because ... why not) LOL
Level 10 Logic Skill (no skill challenges)
Level 10 PI Career (35/35 cases solved)
44,006 Simeloens
LTRs - Observant, Profession Simeloen Booster, Opportunistic, Discount Diner, Body Sculptor, Fertility Treatment, Fireproof Homestead
Rewards- Yomoshoto Evasion, Honor Trophy, Heroe's Medal, Task Board, Investigator's Keepsake, Key to the City, Frosted Door, 2 x festus stoves and every day there seems to be paintings, plants or similar items in the letterbox. Also received charitable moodlet x2; minty breath moodlet x1 and Saw Great Game Moodlet x1
Screenshot-304.jpg
Bill and his rewards (sans vehicle and stoves)
Screenshot-305.jpg
Finally, a relative front on picture of Bill's face.
Elaine Joy is being incredibly difficult for Bill to woo at the moment to get her to marry him etc. But I will keep on trying and hopefully succeed.
Just realised ... that 'map' on the task board ... it looks remarkably like Sunset Valley
He kept on trying until eventually ...
She said YES!
Screenshot-307.jpg
Elaine and Maria moved in with Bill ... Elaine's got 7 days to elder ... so no time to waste on efforts to expand the family.
Screenshot-311.jpg
But why oh why are you sick, Elaine? You no longer have to work!
Screenshot-313.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
With this playthrough and my test game as well I have been keeping regular backups in case I needed to go back a save. So I knew I was going to make it to the end, I just didn't know how long it was going to take me.

Looking over Carl's PI Career page, I definitely didn't get all of the rewards for Calista's game. But it looks likes there's cases I didn't get either.

In my test game there were stray/wild horses getting into routing errors. Even though I have Pets turned off in options and via Nraas Register > Animal Control they were still there. However, I did reset Everything on my test game and that seemed to help. 

It's been an adventure that's for sure!! :)

Dek, Thanks for the reminder to put the $250 for stakeout reports in the tips post. I have that in my personal notes too. I'll have a looksee over my personal notes to see if there's anything else I can add to the tips.

Woo! Congrats MrsFlynn! Thought your save might not make it there for a while!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2019, 07:15:06 PM »
Congrats Deklitch! And Elaine too I guess!  :)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2019, 08:17:21 PM »
Well, I got one of the psychic cases for my PI and decided to see what would happen.

And sure enough it errored out both times I tried it and she immediately popped back to her home lot.

I wonder if that happens in all the towns or just in Riverview?

I'll be checking it out when we jump to our next town just to see what happens and I'll post my findings.

Congrats to MrsFlynn and Deklitch on completing the challenge.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2019, 08:24:16 PM »
Yes those psychic cases are definitely not working as intended. My sim didn't teleport anywhere but just could not get them to complete even though time was spent in the police station.