Author Topic: HTTPS Move/Site Errors  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
HTTPS Move/Site Errors
« on: November 27, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »
The sites need to be moved to HTTPS to comply with new guidelines for webmasters, so I've begun the process in order to work out any kinks that may impact the forum and Sims 4 site. This site will impact more people so I want the transition to be as smooth as possible. It'll probably be a few weeks before I do that, and I'll say so in advance. I would hop on it, but the problems I'm experiencing and possible instability that may reveal itself over the next couple weeks are important to work out beforehand.

For now the Sims 3 guide has been experiencing some pretty annoying issues. The styling and images on the page break, resulting in it being largely unusable, but readable. I'm working on a fix, and manually refreshing the server to make sure it serves correctly as often as possible. Unfortunately it's a slow process as it breaks only every now and then and unexpectedly. This means waiting 20-30+ mins before trying something else. For now I've had it running right about an hour. Hopefully it's fixed, but I wouldn't be surprised if not.

If anyone sees it broken for more than 10-15 minutes and has the time, post here and let me know. I'm continually having to wipe my cache to see it broken ,because the browser keeps that info and at times it seems to persist even after I've cleared it. That'd be appreciated as it will help me get it sorted just a little faster.

anything