Author Topic: Jokers Wild  (Read 15857 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Jokers Wild
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:28:51 AM »
Jokers Wild

Goal
Just how funny is your Sim? Clown level? Bar stand-up comic? Talk show host? Your goal here is to have your Sim complete the Joke Star and Chief of Mischief Aspirations as quickly as possible to become the wildest joker of them all.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Human or Alien Sim. No life state changes.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Club membership is not allowed.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim has completed the Joke Star and Chief of Mischief Aspirations.

Scoring

Total Minutes — Once your Sim has completed the Joke Star and Chief of Mischief Aspirations, pause the game and note the Life stage, days to age up, day and hour. Plug in all the information into Lena's spreadsheet to get your minutes for the scoreboard.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Minutes
GlazeyLady3056
LenaLJ3134
Nikitachi3309
Rinkils3570
HelenP5947
oshizu6716
SueDenim7371
Tynynounours8939
Nandarelle9401
sdhoey10078
BallerinaHippo10268
MarianT10963
simemie12432
JocyMc12851
Metropolis Man13117
workingmum815355
MSUCalli17539
Eighty8Keys18780
Noyo20167
jewels12920338
junegem22174
CynKuy22964

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Jokers Wild
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:22:36 PM »
This looks to be a very short and sweet Sims 4 challenge. I have been having a lot of trouble trying to get into The Sims 4 challenges. I've tried various challenges but gave up half-heartedly, pray woe be me that I should DARE to attempt a Tournament Challenge!  :o

But this looks to be something that a person new to this title and who just bought the base game and ran out of money for any packs can get into. The challenge focuses on two base game aspirations. Being a fan of video game speedruns and marathons like the stuff done by Games Done Quick (check 'em out, plz! Hype for AGDQ2019!!!!), I find this 'how fast can you master two aspirations' to be very interesting and an easy challenge for those new to The Sims 4 - no packs needed, clubs are banned so you have to pretend like Get Together was never created, it is perfect to help newbies to The Sims 4 understand how to play the title. :)

I was wondering if the challenge mods would look over an idea I have: In another forum I peruse(a video game forum), they have a sub-forum for something called "Quick Time Events" which are rather short and short-term challenges for players and game guide writers. I was thinking something along the same lines - have a sub-forum here for casual challenges that are very short and have a short deadline, like a quickie event every two weeks which would be along the similar lines. I mean, we have this event for Comedy and Mischief, but what about a challenge called "Fish and Flowers" where you had to complete Freelance Botanist and Angler Ace? Or an event called "Love and Hate" where you had to complete the Serial Romantic and Public Enemy aspirations? Think of all the possibilities! :D

I might try this challenge out for fun. If so, this would be my first Sims 4 tournament challenge.

Edited out parts that where strategy talk, also please remember to keep the comment relevant to the challenge, ideas can be written to the challenge team if you have ideas for challenges.
/LenaLJ

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »
Thanks for the screenshot, Lena. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »
@LenaLJ, I can't remember his name, but he reminds me of the guy who was in Blackadder.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 11:51:57 AM »
@LenaLJ, I can't remember his name, but he reminds me of the guy who was in Blackadder.

Rowan Atkinson? He was also Mr bean
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »

Oh, totally. Never thought of that when Lena first sent me the shot, but now that I look at it, he's a dead ringer for Mr. Bean.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 12:40:47 PM »

Yes, that's who I was thinking of. You did a great job.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 12:53:20 PM »
He was supposed to look like Mr. Bean, so glad you like it.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »
Phyllis Diller finished Jokers Wild within 22964 minutes.
Cynthia

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 11:25:27 AM »
Finished. :)

3570 minutes (week 1, Tuesday, 7:30PM).

(TL;DR I was so looking forward to the previous challenge, but I ended up leaving it for the last week, which is when too many real life issues came across, and I ended up not even starting my scoring file. So this time, I tried to finish asap. I love these quick challenges, this one actually took something like 3 hours in RL - not counting testing. Very convenient for busy moms.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »

Very impressive to cap two different lvl 10 skills in 2 1/2 days. And without club benefits. Inquiring minds want to know. (but, not now)

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »

Very impressive to cap two different lvl 10 skills in 2 1/2 days. And without club benefits. Inquiring minds want to know. (but, not now)

Thank you. Sure you will know, just not now. :)
(No worries, I did not forget about the no club membership rule.)

Offline JocyMc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
Jeff Foxworthy finished in 12851 minutes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
I am assuming the 2nd sentence was implied, but I just added it...

• Create 1 Young Adult Human or Alien Sim. No life state changes.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 02:26:49 PM »
My sim finished on Week 1, Tuesday, 15:09 for a total of 3,309 minutes.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 07:32:49 PM »
I can't wait to hear how people are getting these great scores!

My sim finished Week 2, Saturday at 9:00 am for a total of 18,780 minutes.

I can't wait to start practicing for the Baby Boomer challenge. These are always my favorites.

Offline MSUCalli

• Nooboo
  • Thaaat's my Nubbin!
    • SoSimful
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 10:57:17 PM »
This is the first challenge I've managed this year! Week 2, Friday at 12:19PM for 17539 minutes.  I'm so intrigued at those low scores!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »
Done on  Week 1, Thursday at 11.07am for 5947 minutes.  Wondering what trick I missed too.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »
Finished at the beginning of week 2, Sunday 10:38am for 10268 minutes.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 10:44:52 PM »
Lucy Tomlin, distant relative of those fabulous funny ladies, Lucy Ball and Lily Tomlin, finished the Jokers Wild Challenge on the first Tuesday at 10:56 am for a total of 3056 minutes.  She found this challenge very entertaining.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »
Ron White finished on Week 2, Sunday at 7: 58 am.

Total: 10078 Minutes

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 11:55:06 PM »
Columbina ! finished on week 1, Friday morning at 10:51 for 7371 points.

I'm dying for the reveal on this one.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 01:58:07 PM »
Ellen DeGeneres finished on Sunday, Week 2 at 10:43 pm, for a total of 10,963 minutes.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
That was harder than I thought.

Miss Ervill finished the first saturday at 12h59PM for a total of 8939 minutes

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 03:09:07 PM »

20.167 mins. for me; back to challenges after some long break, sul sul all.  :)

Online junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 08:12:56 AM »
Well done to those who have already posted, there are some amazing posts as usual.

I have tried several of the previous challenges, ( I really do enjoy trying something different), but just when I am about to finish up and post, real life takes over and I miss the deadline. :(  However, this time I have managed to finish and post a score.  It is not to the same standard of many of the other competitors, but I enjoyed taking part and learning new things about Sims 4.  Thank you for running these challenges.

Jan Jolly completed both aspirations on Monday 3 at 5.34 p.m. making 22,174 minutes in total.  Good luck to all those still working on this, off to practise babymaking :) .

Offline jewels129

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »
Wow, I can't wait to hear how people did this so quickly.

Week 3, Sunday for 20,338 minutes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 05:51:16 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so get those hilarious scores in soon. ;)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 04:10:15 PM »
Hmmm...I think in real life Robin Williams would have won this. I miss Robin so much. Anyways, my Robin Williams Sim sort of did a meh performance...

Week 2, Tuesday, 10:37 AM -- 13117 minutes.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »
Hmmm...I think in real life Robin Williams would have won this. I miss Robin so much.

I was in college when Mork and Mindy came out.  6 of us would rush back to the dorm room, crowd around a tiny dorm room tv, with our beer and ice cream, to watch.  We never missed it; it was the funniest thing on tv.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 06:26:39 PM »
Hmmm...I think in real life Robin Williams would have won this. I miss Robin so much.

I was in college when Mork and Mindy came out.  6 of us would rush back to the dorm room, crowd around a tiny dorm room tv, with our beer and ice cream, to watch.  We never missed it; it was the funniest thing on tv.

Absolutely. So much was unscripted because of his genius. There's a great HBO documentary on Robin called Inside My Mind.

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »
Hi, my sim finished in 15, 355 minutes.  I really enjoyed this challenge.  It was a nice simple one to get me back into them after missing the last couple.  I'm a little bit daunted by the next one, but will definitely be giving it a go.

Can't wait to hear how the front runners got their amazing scores.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 11:26:15 AM »
My sim finished at 11:16 pm, Thursday, Week 1.  6,716 minutes.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
I haven't played the Sims for a while, but I decided to dive back in.

Stephen Pantalon completed his aspirations after 9401 minutes.

He is now taking a break from telling jokes to read The Lord of the Swings.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2018, 09:13:14 AM »
Not fast enough, but pretty close.
Week 1 Tuesday 12:14 PM
3134 minutes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »
Welcome back, Nandarelle. Great score, Lena.

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2018, 06:29:45 PM »
Finished on Monday of week 2 at 11:12pm, so I think that's a score of 12,432.

Looking forward to the next challenge! :D Gonna try and get an early start on that one rather than finishing in the last half hour of the challenge like I have with the last two. :S

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 05:30:19 AM »
This event is now closed. Big congrats to GlazeyLady and all participants. Everyone is now free to discuss how they tackled this event.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 09:15:46 AM »
At first I thought the banning of clubs for this challenge was going to make it really hard, but then I realized that moving and adding to the household were not banned.  So Lucy Tomlin moved in with the Villareals, and then moved everyone in with the Landgraabs, selling the Villareals’ possessions in the move.  I changed everyone’s aspiration to Mansion Baron, and spent all of Lucy’s money on expensive violins, which completed Mansion Baron for everyone.  I changed everyone’s aspiration to Fabulously Wealthy, and sold the violins through personal inventory.  As one sim completed the aspiration, I switched the selling to another.  When I ran out of violins, I bought more.  I lost a lot of money through the depreciation, but there was enough to get Fabulously Wealthy for everyone but Max Villareal (because he was a child and I didn’t bother aging him up).

Lucy used her satisfaction points to buy Connections, Night Owl, Morning Sim, and Savant.  Everyone else bought Moodlet Solvers and Happy potions (although I realized later that Confident Potions would have been better as they could have overridden the Playful moodlets.)  Lucy moved the household to Springscape, selling the Landgraabs’ possessions and then had plenty of money.  With Connections, she joined the Criminal career to get some playful items, then the painter career to get some inspiring items, then the Entertainer Career.  She bought a Wishing Well, and set the lot traits to Convivial, Great Acoustics, and Peace and Quiet.  She changed her aspiration to Joke Star.  At this point it was about 10 am on Sunday, she had plenty of money, plenty of potions, and she was ready to get down to work on Joke Star.

She fulfilled her work requirements, drank a moodlet solver, made an offering of $5000 to the Wishing Well and wished for a promotion.  She was promised a promotion after her next shift if all her requirements were met (which they already were).  Hugo Villareal used the Criminal career items to get playful and cooked up a batch of Gummy pancakes.  Lucy used the gummy pancakes, bubble bath, and the lower level career items to stay Very Playful but not become Hysterical while she worked on the Joke Star tasks.  She maxed Comedy quickly using all social interactions.  I was planning on having Lucy read skill books with the Peace and Quiet lot trait, but social interactions raised her skill level much faster, so I ended up not having her read at all after realizing it wasn’t faster. 

After the Wishing Well cooldown, Lucy made another $5000 offering and wished again for a promotion.  She got the same result as before.  The third time she wished she was late for work but I kept her home to wish again as soon as the cooldown ended.  Given the offering, her great mood, her skill level and her job requirements being filled, I felt pretty confident the outcome would be positive.  She got an immediate promotion.  (If she hadn’t, I would have kept her at home working on Comedy until about a hour or so before the end of her shift and then sent her just in time to complete the shift and get the promotion.)  At this point, she’d already written her 3 comedy routines and was almost level 10 Comedy; performing the three routines maxed the skill and completed the aspiration.

She started Master of Mischief after Joke Star was complete.  I planned to have her be mean to Nina and Katrina Caliente - since they are both hot-heads, I thought maybe they would get to “disliked” faster.  When Lucy tried to travel to their house, they were not there - the travel panel said they were at Springscape (Lucy’s home).  I found them at the little playground area next door.  Nina was manning a food booth and Katrina was just hanging out.  It took 6 mean interactions to be “disliked” by Katrina, and 7 to be “disliked” by Nina. 

Then Lucy went back home.  I removed all playful items and put them in inventory (except I forgot about the gummy pancakes).  Lucy drank a moodlet solver and then a Happy potion to become Very Happy - and then suddenly she became Hysterical and I immediately paused and tried to figure out what happened.  I realized then that Malcolm Landgraab was chowing down on the forgotten gummy pancakes and apparently told a couple jokes while Lucy was walking toward the bedroom with the computer.  I got Lucy a Confident Potion, and told her to drink it - it seemed like it took forever for her to finally stop looking around and drink the thing.  She did become Very Confident and it was fine, but I was pretty nervous for several sim-minutes while she was Hysterical.  I threw away the pancakes and locked Lucy in the bedroom to cause mischief three times with the computer, and then brought Nancy in so Lucy could socialize mischievously until all playful moodlets were gone for everyone in the house.  At the fourth level of the aspiration, she bought the voodoo doll and tormented Geoffrey Landgraab, and then bought Always Welcome, so she could clog drains without upsetting the homeowners.  She traveled to 3 nearby homes and clogged the drains, twice while the homeowner chatted with her.  Except when the aspiration milestones required a specific activity, she maxed Mischief through all social interactions; it was faster than anything else, including trolling teh forums.

Offline Rinkils

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
@GlazeyLady That was ingenius. Congrats to you and the other players, too.

My approach was rather straightforward and primitive.
My Sim (acutely creatively called Hilarious Tormentor) had traits Loves the outdoors, goofbal and family oriented, plus quick learner bonus trait. I moved him to Windenburg next to Partihaus household. Just when he got to the game, he switched to Fab. wealthy aspiration to get some instant points, and also cycled through some other aspirations. I built him an uber basic place, mostly outdoors, no cooker, just a fridge, etc. Lot traits: convivial, great acoustics.
He watched clouds and played the guitar for a while until the Partihaus members came for welcome wagon, which I used to get rid of the first tiers of both Chief of mischief and Joke star aspirations. I only used funny socials on Sims that I did not want to make enemies with, plus occasional Brag about family (hence the family oriented trait), as it raises the friendship quickly, and I wanted Hilarious to make at least one friend.  Then he mainly worked on the mischief aspiration as quickly as possible. I tried to keep him at home amap (because of the lot traits). For clogging the drains, he went to all three community lots in the Old Town (literally one click apart) and did it there, as it counts if you do it on the community lot, too. My goal was to get 3000 points asap, spending 400 in the process for a sleep replacement, but by Monday morning there was enough to buy Connections. At that point Hilarious dropped whatever he was currently doing and then entered and quit all the careers except for the entertainer, which he joined at the end. I sold all the career rewards except for the ones giving playful or inspiring aura, and I also kept some powerful happy decor. Hilarious then had enough money to not only buy the Wishing well, but to also make a few 5000 offerings and wish for a promotion while in a great mood and having had fulfilled all the criteria for promotion to level 5 of the entertainer career (he needed to up the guitar skill first). At the first wish, he only got a meh answer. The problem was there was less than 8 hours until the start of the work shift at that point (8 hours is the well's cooldown), so Hilarious took a vacation day and worked on his skills instead. As soon as it was possible again, he made another offering and wished for a promotion again, this time being promised a promotion by the end of the shift. He got promoted within a few hours, at the end of the shift which he took a vacation day for, so he ended up not going to work at all. I think I had him quit after he chose the comedian branch.
For his needs, he used sleep replacements and instant hygiene, and he was constantly munching on ham sandwiches while socializing.
The rest was pretty much just about skilling. I am not sure how the Confident emotion plays into social skills, but I used solely Playful for both mischief and comedy, or actually, Very Playful. Very Playful is between +8 (counted across playful+happy moodlets) and +14, Hysterical starts at +15 I think, so my goal was to aim at +8 something. For this, I used playful decor from criminal career, and then just funny interactions to get in the mood; telling many many jokes in a row gives a few powerful longlasting playful moodlets that stack. Plus Hilarious had LTO and goofball traits, and I also had a few pieces of just happy boosting decor with varying strength in the household inventory, so that I could place various combinations of those on the lot to tune his mood instantly (for example, when he was on the verge of hysterical, I took away a high value statue and disabled emotional aura of something else, etc).
For leveling mischief, he used only socials (apart from fulfilling objectives of the aspiration), but he avoided tricking with hand buzzer (risk of Dazed). Once he was at lvl 5 mischief, he bought several voodoo dolls and bound them to several Sims, including the only friend he had made, not only so that he could summon Sims to interact with instantly, but also because from that point, he only built mischief by doing voodoo. From my testing, the effectivness of various ways of building mischief was as follows (from the weakest): skill book, trolling teh forums (spam money request does nothing for leveling), regular mischievious socials, voodoo. Socializing gives +4% skill raise per interaction (while very playful), whereas voodoo only gives +3% per interaction, but voodoo interactions are much shorter and it is overally faster (even if it backfires, it only gives a weak uncomfortable moodlet, and if it backfires again before the moodlet expires, it does not stack, just resets the timer). The only caveat: he only could use poke, soak and tickle, as the other two raise charisma instead.
For leveling comedy, again, he used only socials. Here, the order was (from the slowest way to build the skill): writing jokes, skill book (with Peace and quiet lot trait), telling jokes at the mic, socializing. Then, within the socializing, regular jokes give +3% skill raise per interaction (while very playful), funny story gives only +2%, but making funny faces, which is only available among friends (at least I believe so) gives +4% and is quick. This is why I wanted Hilarious to have a friend and tie them to the voodoo doll, so that he had a stable victim to make funny faces at 3648 times in a row (his friend ended up to be Nancy Landgraab, and she actually seemed like she was having tremendous fun; the interaction tone was "hilarious reparte," something like that; they became friends solely via funny socials and occasional brag about family).
All in all, the cap in this challenge was the skilling. A very very good idea to make us do this without clubbing, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »
Congrats everyone.

I knew connections was the way to go, tried with the vampire lore skill (which take forever and is boring) for fab wealthy and mansion baron and some others aspirations, and I didn't thought a second about moving and using others sims to get at least fabulously wealthy. That was really well thought GlazeyLady.

I spent time in the Blue lounge as there was a micro and my sims could perform routine there. I ignored the welcome wagon thinking it would help with being disliked.

I should have done more research on the skill raising, but with a mix of comedy writing/telling and socials, it was enough to get a decent result. I had a bug with vanishing moodlet solvers the last day that led to two passing out in a row, but I'm still happy with the result.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2018, 04:23:51 PM »
Incidentally, everyone, take the time to seek out old challenge threads in the Graveyard section if you're wanting to really get a good score. Now, Jokers Wild happened to be a brand new offering that Marian came up with, so there is no precedent. But, given there are only so many variables in the game the team can look at to come up with challenge ideas, we often will pull something out that we have done before--sometimes with little or no variation. Take advantage of that and look at the strategy discussion at the end of those threads.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2018, 02:08:38 AM »
Congratulations all!

I learn a lot from these.  This time I think I figured out how to live "rough."  (I think I've always overbuilt in the past.  This time, I just plunked stuff on the lawn. Walls are for the humorfree)
I also got lucky twice. I used the wishing well for skills and maxed out on mischief, and then had the humor & hijinks festival that Monday (free voodoo doll!) and was able to use that to tell jokes.  I got Chief of Mischief first and used that to get Connections and join the career.  From there, just more and more and more jokes.

anything