Author Topic: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities  (Read 244512 times)

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
Where do you think I got the price estimate from? ;)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »

You mean you actually read that piece of garbage? When I sent my first draft to Carl he immediately told me to rewrite the whole thing since I never even mentioned nectar-making. It all worked out.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »

You mean you actually read that piece of garbage? When I sent my first draft to Carl he immediately told me to rewrite the whole thing since I never even mentioned nectar-making. It all worked out.  :D

I thought it was awesome.

Just clarifying, this was the one with Zeus and Hera, right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 05:10:14 PM »

Right.

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »

Right.

Yeah, it was awesome. Admittedly, it didn't help THAT much with nectar-making, but I liked it a lot.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 05:20:59 PM »
Yeah, it was awesome. Admittedly, it didn't help THAT much with nectar-making, but I liked it a lot.

I'm really glad you liked it. It was fun to write. Pretty much all of my articles have humor because, well...I have a captive audience and I just can't resist. If I throw everyone a few nuggets of good info in the process, then that's the bonus. I like to tell stories. You can boil that whole LTW down to:

1) Go to France and buy the Nectar-making machines.
2) Come home and make nectar.
3) Stock your cellar.

But, if I had sent Carl just those 3 lines, I'm guessing he would have asked me to stretch it out a bit. You know how crazy those demanding bosses can be.

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 05:57:41 PM »
Yeah for sure, but I think your guide accomplished what all of the Carl's Guide guides tend to do, which is tell a story of a family that accomplished whatever the guide is for seemingly in the most efficient way possible while, of course, also entertaining. It's fairly simple to figure out how to accomplish any of the LTWs, but to do it efficiently takes some skill. I almost never make people and focus on the LTW, which is why I can't seem myself writing one of those guides.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »
To be honest I think the most of the Lifetime Wishes are ridiculously easy. WAAAAY too easy. How can anything that can be accomplished in a matter of 3 Sim weeks (or less) be a LTW? There's too much of a Sim's life left. Lifetime Wishes should be brutally tough and not be able to be completed until mid-Adulthood. But, Carl made a good point when I told him this and said that for the average player who might not be as hardcore and serious as a lot of forum players the Lifetime Wishes are appropriate.

Offline e^(pi*i)

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 07:09:58 PM »
Oh, I completely agree with you.

And I'm totally not a hardcore player or anything, but my LTWs are usually completed towards mid-YA. Admittedly, I play using epic lifespans and I usually go for an easy one (Like getting to the top of a career path). I just made one with the LTW of 6 tombs in each place, which might be a bit of a challenge, but still. I feel like almost all sims (except for the ones played by serious amateurs who were akin to the Sims 1ers who took the ladders out of pools) accomplish their LTWs, which is not very realistic, is it?

Offline Mrs.Laphalot

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »

ROFL! That guide was the final contributing factor to my joining the forum!  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »

Now that's the kind of solid ammunition I need the next time I ask Carl for raise.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 09:48:45 PM »

Now that's the kind of solid ammunition I need the next time I ask Carl for raise.

Ack! Stop encouraging him!

I actually haven't tried the guitar trick... to be honest I think they should make it so you have to complete all those performances, but maybe that's just me.. still it was very inventive and it works the system without cheating. At any rate, I really look forward to the writing results. That's my pick for 2nd place... I'd like to set up a test where I make a sim a level 10 writer by only practicing writing skill, then write a single book (highest value available without having actually WRITTEN any). Afterward, reload the game and run about collecting 50 books to read and then try that same book again. This would give us a definitive answer but boy that's a lot of book gathering for one little factoid.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »
Yeah, this 50 book thing to boost writing speed I've never heard of. I'd like a solid answer too. And I agree on the guitar performances thing. It should be where you have to perform full songs. And you know that's what EA intended. It just ended up botched.

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 01:38:46 PM »
They should include somehow actual songs from a cd that can be downoaded onto the sims 3 and your sim can play them. plus many more musicla intruments and the "singing" skill; then my micheal jackson sim can play thriller ;D
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 01:40:38 PM »
Da Vinci was your post above intended for a different section?