Author Topic: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities  (Read 244048 times)

Offline Da Vinci

• Townie
Re: Ranking the Best Money-Making Activities
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »
Da Vinci was your post above intended for a different section?

Wow.... that was stupid of me........ I laughed when I saw what I did, yes it was intendid for a differenct section.
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 06:51:30 AM »
I think the collecting and exploring is a great way to make money. I just sent my sim family to China for 9 days and they had a little over $18k in their bank account when they got there. By the time they were ready to come home, their bank account had about $130k in it! That was all from breaking space rocks and doing adventures. Plus, they still have about 6 pieces of Tiberium in their inventories to plant after they get home and get sick. This trip more than paid for itself.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 07:28:13 AM »
I think the collecting and exploring is a great way to make money. I just sent my sim family to China for 9 days and they had a little over $18k in their bank account when they got there. By the time they were ready to come home, their bank account had about $130k in it! That was all from breaking space rocks and doing adventures. Plus, they still have about 6 pieces of Tiberium in their inventories to plant after they get home and get sick. This trip more than paid for itself.  ;)

I should it did pay for itself! How many people did you send, and for how long?
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2010, 12:27:42 AM »
The copper isn't worth much.  But Platinum, Mercury, Palladium, Plutonium...  all very valuable.  And many of the adventures have you running around looking for metals, so just pick up a few more for yourself while you're there.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 05:55:16 PM »
The copper isn't worth much.  But Platinum, Mercury, Palladium, Plutonium...  all very valuable.  And many of the adventures have you running around looking for metals, so just pick up a few more for yourself while you're there.
Mercury is kind of strange... they say it is solid, yet you can't send it to be ingotted.  I guess that melting it at room temperature and pouring it into a ginormous mold is too tough for them.

In the game, you can send mercury to be smelted just like all the other metals.  It comes back in a vial and is worth a lot of money.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2010, 05:33:21 PM »
If one only cares about reaching a money goal and not a constant money influx, what about collecting metals and making compendium?.

To the point: if one places 8 metal (need more than 1 type, but less than 5 or you'll get supernovium) ingots in the xl case and click on irreversible transfigurification, you get an ingot of compendium. Compendium's value is uncapped, and is equal to the sum of the values of the metals used + 25%.
You can make compendium with other compendium.

If a sim can provide a constant influx of metal ingots, it can make a super compendium ingot worth (current compendium + value of picked up metals) * 1.25 per transfigurification. This ingot's value will grow exponentially; even with very low value metals and making only one compendium per day, you can max the game's money limit within 30 sim days; with half-decent ingots, it can be reached within 2-3 sim weeks.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2010, 06:00:03 PM »
This ingot's value will grow exponentially; even with very low value metals and making only one compendium per day, you can max the game's money limit within 30 sim days...

And what exactly is the game's money limit?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2010, 06:16:39 PM »

A signed long int, so about 2 billion.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2010, 12:03:37 AM »
(@_@)

*BOGGLE*

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2010, 09:06:31 AM »

A signed long int, so about 2 billion.
I think it is 2,147,483,648.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »
I think it is 2,147,483,648.
Which is 2 billion and sumthing.

One thing to note it's that it's not healthy to hit the money cap, value turns into a 0 and it could probably cause some ugly stuff to happen. So, don't go above 1.9 billion, yes?.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2010, 07:25:27 AM »

I should it did pay for itself! How many people did you send, and for how long?

I sent two people and it was for 9 days. One had the Prepared Traveler LTR which is how they got to stay for 9 days. They both managed to reach level 10 of martial arts so they could start breaking space rock blocks. And the adventures did pay well when they were completed. Also, what Pam is said is true and that's what I usually do.....if I'm out gathering platinum for an adventure, I take that opportunity to go ahead and pick up several for myself while they are highlighted.

In 9 days, I was able to have them BOTH reach level 3 visas too. They both have the adventurous trait, so that makes achieving the visa levels a little quicker.

Offline romagia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »
If a sim can provide a constant influx of metal ingots, it can make a super compendium ingot worth (current compendium + value of picked up metals) * 1.25 per transfigurification. This ingot's value will grow exponentially; even with very low value metals and making only one compendium per day, you can max the game's money limit within 30 sim days; with half-decent ingots, it can be reached within 2-3 sim weeks.

You should try and do this for the Centurian's Solo challenge

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2010, 02:03:48 PM »
Guess i'll try that. Btw, is there a limit on travels for centurian? just curious.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
Guess i'll try that. Btw, is there a limit on travels for centurian? just curious.

No. That ruleset predates World Adventures, but that doesn't mean you can't travel.

-----

EDIT: Pam suggested that to keep things fair the remaining old challenges in the Challenge section should forbid traveling. So, I have added that rule to those 3 challenges.