Author Topic: Far to the North (Nov 14, 2018) Graveyard, please  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Far to the North (Nov 14, 2018) Graveyard, please
« on: August 23, 2018, 07:00:46 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Introduction

Hello, my name is Apollo. I used to live in the city of Bridgeport, but didn't feel comfortable there much of the time. So, I decided to move far away to a small town far to the north in a place called Aurora Skies. Everything may be small scale here in comparison to a large city, but the air is crispy fresh and the landscape stunning to behold. The townspeople are for the most part pleasant and surprisingly open-minded. The number one thing on everybody's list of concerns seems to be the welfare of the environment; something my city-accustomed respiratory system can definitely appreciate.

My coming to Aurora Skies does not entail any grand scheme or master plan. I merely decided to start a new life here and contribute to the town in my own small way. Well, that sounds a little too humble for an attention seeker such as myself. *Chuckle* To be honest, I have made myself known to most of the town by now, but not in a bad way! Which is amazing, because frankly I'm a hot-headed eccentric. But I feel the town has embraced my quirky character and for that I'm grateful. That I have been trying my absolut best to avoid making scenes probably has something to do with it, too.

Entries
November 14th, 2018
November 6th, 2018
September 25th, 2018
September 24th, 2018 (Part 2)
September 24th, 2018 (Part 1)
September 15th, 2018
September 14th, 2018
September 13th, 2018 (Part 2)
September 13th, 2018 (Part 1)
September 5th, 2018
TS3: An Alvi Life

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Far to the North (Introduction)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
September 5th
Author's Note: I'm sorry about the different resolutions. I wanted to experiment a bit.

This is me on a good day. I work at the local bookstore as a book club moderator. I'm willing to bet that I'm the best paid, too.

It's no secret that I'm quick to anger and things breaking is a major trigger, so my Watcher has me take precautions.

Don't want no fires either. I can't have my pretty little cabin go up in flames.

This is my humble abode. Just disregard the alien child, please. There was a period where I got abducted every other night. A few of the times, they even stuffed a child inside me.

One of my many parties. You can tell that these forced pregnancies absolutely messes up my metabolism. Journalist Rajita is interveiwing me about the whole thing here.

Me being abducted. I hate it.

It's a little dark, but my Watcher caught the culprit who was responsible for giving me two green kids. They have both returned to their homeworld by now. One was even insane.

A good luck space kitty charm? It sure did a number on me!

This is my ex-boyfriend, Stefan. Ex because he rejected me at the wrong time. And I learned he was still seeing Rajita behind mine and Rajita's husband's back.

Me with Rajita and Stefan at a beach party of mine. Her husband Ari was there as well.

This is him. They have a small child together - Jennika. I may have voiced my sympathies with Ari rather loudly when I broke up with Stefan...

This is the town's mayor - Ericka. I'm good friends with her and her husband Simon.

The bagwomen Jackie and Felicia. They are like this everytime I see them. Not long ago they decided to get hitched. They are also my friends.

This is the mayor's sister and her husband Jakob being cute in the park at night. Friends of mine as well, of course.

I observed the Wongs for a bit that day. Rajita completely trashed Ari. It broke my heart, because he's a good guy. To my delight, they divorced not long ago and Rajita moved out leaving Jennika with Ari. What a crow.

At a party some weeks later, I made my move. Yes, it had become my plan to save this poor dear from his unhappy situation. We're going steady now.

Speaking of parties, toddlers are really good at crashing them! This is a costume party. Me and Ari are to the right, flirting.

Anyways, such is my "quiet" life in Aurora Skies these days. I'm still meeting new people and working on some skills. See ya next time - toodles!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Far to the North
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:51:53 AM »
September 13th

You, my friends, are looking at the Great Apollo - in the future! With an anxiety poop in his pants...

This curious fellow, Emit, lured me to enter his time portal after a great deal of convincing. Next, he asked me to try out a jetpack. I should've deduced from the name its overwhelming laxative effect.

It was no gentle ride, I tell you. Poor me.

Afterwards, I was in dire need of a bathroom. I don't remember ever feeling so sick everywhere in my body.

Here is me trying to explain the concept of love to a plumbot. Betty Bot asked if it could be compared to the appreciation of a precious metal.

Betty and I became fast friends. She even let me take a look at her circuits. That's trust if I've ever seen it.

Oh, Betty. I'm so proud to have grossed out a plumbot.

These guys caught my attention for a moment during my stay in Oasis Landing.

This is me practicing trickshots at the pool table. Also, had to get used to it being summer in the future. Back home, it's fall by now.

It took nine fails before I got that one right. Hmph!

Me at the Legacy park. The statue in front of me is of Emit himself. I have to say that this park is not very well lit at night. I felt the statues behind me were starting to move.

Back home, my dresser bailed out on me. Unfortunately, it's very close to my bed and I ended up hurting myself. Of course, this had my Watcher snort!

Here's a random shot of our town's military boss, Magnus Mango. We're old friends by now.

And last, but not least, our town's impressive city hall. I love living in Aurora Skies. We have so much beauty and atmosphere here.

Toodles!

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:04:21 AM »
September 13th

Here you are. Aurora Skies' own famous writer in full figure just for you, dear reader. I should probably get started on my first book soon...

Me doing actual physical labor. But fact is, you can't live in this nature-loving community without knowing how to catch your own fresh food. I'd be made fun of. I'm getting pretty good at it, actually.

The sunrises and sunsets are beautiful to behold up here. The waters are usually calm and therapeutic to gaze out on.

Back to the future. Recognize this impressive fellow? That's right - I won the lottery and donated most of the money to the future fund. Actually, I've won twice now with only a little bit of cheating involved. So, I've quit my job at the bookstore. It's fun to get rich, but don't worry! I make sure to donate all the time!

Would you look at that...

I think I can be persuaded to do a little gardening.

Me: So, Emit...why is being romantic forbidden when being The Time Traveler?
Emit: I have to be immune. Else I would mess up the timelines constantly.
Me: But I can't bear normal kids. Only green ones.
Emit: Hm. But I could become the cause of break-ups and divorces.
Me: Yes. Yes, you could.

Here's a weird future descendant of mine. Judging from his looks, he seems to be a mixture of me and Ari. I don't think that's gonna work for me.

Back home, I went to the park. This is Emil, I think, about to possess a picnic basket. It's taking me time to become friends with the ghost couple down the street as I tend to pass out whenever I see or hear them.

This warrants an explanation, I know. First off, this is Sophia. From the first time I met her, she has been wanting to hold me tight and who can blame her? But as you've probably noticed, I tend to not be that straightforward. With 'straight' being the keyword here. But Sophia hasn't had it easy. Her best friend and roomie has a child that Sophia is always looking after because the mom doesn't care much about kids in general. But it has also left Sophia wanting a child of her own. Being the awesome friend that I am, I've agreed to try and help since I have the means. We aren't going to be a nuclear family or anything, but we'll adjust where needed.

Now, Sophia is quite a bit older than me, but is known to be a great kisser. Since I want to have kissed the mother of my future child, I saw fit to test the rumour and it's hereby confirmed.

This is how I was like afterwards. Yep, Apollo just kissed his first girl!

Later, I went to visit Sophia's household. Only Estella was home, so I figured that Sophia was taking care of her son as usual.

When Sophia came home we talked for a bit. This is the look Estella had on her face when she had to take over caring for her own kid. Oh, dear...

Me having "done" my favor. It was an experience for sure and I'm glad it was with my friend. But I have to say that it didn't feel quite right. Something was missing.

This was my view when I left to drive home early in the morning. Just peaceful. Now to tell Ari about things...

Toodles!

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
September 14th

Meet Valentina Rios, my daughter! I totally adore her, but she is staying with her mom as it is.

This is Sophia Rios, the mother of my daughter. I'm sure you can tell which features Valentina inherited from yours truly.

This is me out and about. Here, I'm chatted up by Viktor Valquist. Best friend of mine. Same goes for his husband, Jesper Sandstrom, and their adoptive daughter, Linn.

This is Jakob Ingberg, the husband of the mayor's sister. After having asked the town's men about their marital status, about half of them realized that they were attracted to me. *Chuckle*

Can't pass on a bit of discreet flirting now, can we? But I guess a public place like the front of the grocery store isn't quite the ideal place.

Me playing with Lief Helgasson's oldest kid. Her name is Karen.

Me at Ari's party. He took the news about my "favor" for Sophia pretty well. From what I could tell at least. Perhaps because he knows it won't change who I am.

I keep telling Ari to raise those cabinets...here, Estella Olivia is feeling the consequence of his lack of care.

I was drunk here. Angelica Diamond flirted with me and I went completely overboard for no particular reason. Thankfully, Ari was elsewhere and didn't witness my blunder.

Angelica: That's not how you do it!
Me: Apparently not...

Angelica: Idiot!
Me thinking: Yes...

My one true love finally returned. This, my friends, is my man! Ari is actually old enough to be my dad, but who cares?

I believe my face here very well reflects how I feel about him.

Party's over. Alone at last. Because, although I was still a bit intoxicated, I had something planned.

The intoxication actually helped fuel what little courage I possess. And I pulled it off. We're getting married!!!

Toodles!

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »
September 15th

Ari, will you marry me?

Definitely a match made in Heaven. Our signs are compatible and we feel attracted to one another.

Ari's daughter Jennika as a grade schooler.

Jennika as a teenager the very next day. Time and space warped one night for mysterious reasons which left us all including the Watcher rather perplexed.

Me feeling and beeing loved.

It's funny how Jennika doesn't look like her mother Rajita at all. Ari and his daughter are similar in many other ways as well.

Moi.

Family fishing trip with Ari and my own daughter Valentina while Jennika is at school. We caught a bunch of fish.

Jennika is a very responsible and hardworking young lady.

My precious family. When Valentina became a grade schooler, she decided to come and live with me. Sophia's friend and roommate's son who is around the same age decided to go and live with his dad Adam Birch. Now the two ladies live by themselves once again. To be honest, it suits me perfectly, because neither of them come across as particular mother material with one even disliking kids in general.

*Cough* Me slow dancing with Johan Wrede while Jakob Ingberg is jealously watching. It was his party by the way. I get invited by everyone constantly.

Winter has finally arrived in Aurora Skies and it's beautiful!

Me and Ari sealing the deal (getting married) in front of our town's trademark hot weather balloon.

And drinking to it!

Good thing we had brought a thick blanket for the celebratory woohoo that followed this picture.

Below us, Fjord Warbler was playing romantic tunes the whole time. She's the best.

I can kiss my official husband in public, can't I? *Smooch*

Meanwhile, Jennika entered her first own romantic relationship with Karl Helgasson who is Lief and Yuri Apple's kid.

Toodles!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 08:22:54 PM »
Hello! I love Apollo's personality!
I have to say, I laughed at the alien abductions though. Lol, poor Apollo.
I'm so glad he found his own little piece of happiness!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 07:20:41 AM »
@mpart Thank you ;D

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 07:50:47 AM »
September 24 - Expecting the Unexpected

Greetings, my friends! It's been a while, I know, the suffering has been mutual. Feel free to blame Emit Relevart as he messed up the space-time continuum rather bad all of a sudden. Me and Ari had been having fun in the future and then decided to travel back to the present. But for some reason, I disappeared and only Ari returned and my entire lineage was completely gone from that timeline. Ari came home to find Jennika and Valentina who had no idea who her father was. My beloved Ari panicked and hurried back through the portal to let Emit know of this complete disaster. I mean, who wants to lose their spouse in a time flux?

As it turned out, Emit in fact had been lax in his monitoring of timelines. He didn't want to get into the details with Ari, but did his best to try and compensate for his blunder. I used to be his best friend after all and I was gone from the future as well. But Emit is a special one and did remember me. Next, Ari was instructed to travel back to the present to see if things had corrected themselves. They somewhat had only the present was now at an earlier time in history. I was there alright, my memories of the future being all foggy, but Valentina was not conceived yet and Jennika was back to being a toddler. Oh well, I guess Emit did what he could to save the situation. I'm going to miss my Valentina though. Perhaps she can be born again? I don't know. But this is how things are now. And we have decided to get rid of the time portal for now.

Back to the present in the past...at least we're together again.

I decided to write my first book again. This time, I went for non-fiction and decided to portrait the people of Aurora Skies. Of course, it was a best-seller *Smirk*

Let me introduce our new family member, Skywalker. He followed me home one night I was collecting stuff around the hot springs.

Right. Apparently, the aliens now feel sorry that I have "lost" my daughter. I'll let you guys know the result of this... And yes, I'm certain Skywalker is laughing his horse butt off.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 01:09:10 PM »
September 24

Is it strange to keep a horse in the backyard?

I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet.

Skywalker is patient though and rather brave. My luck as I don't know the first thing about horses.

Saw these little puppies struggle through the deep snow to get home.

Aaand it's Ari's turn... Come on, aliens, I only have a few space rocks in my pocket.

Why was I beginning to think that they might have made an exception this time?

Oof, saddle sore. Your back is hard like stone, Skywalker.

Next day, I decided to read some books about horseback riding. Don't look at me, Viktor!

The people of Aurora Skies are an interesting lot. The mayor is among the protesters.

*Grumble*

The aliens seem to possess no mercy whatsoever.

Burnt hotdogs. Yum. This is the kid who became Jennika's boyfriend in the other timeline.

Jennika enjoying her toddlerhood...I'm at a loss for words.

Toodles!

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »
September 25
Some pretty scenery photos and a little big surprise. We decided to return the alien babies to their homeworld. We have enough going as it is. However, I do think we need to look for a bigger lot at some point since I've become very fond of my equine friends. Ari has befriended a crow that he has dubbed Spooky.

Winter will soon be over in Aurora Skies.

Oh, deer.

I feel like taking a deep breath just looking at these pictures.

A flaming morning sky.

A group of wild horses.

And the surprise. Valentina busted in all of a sudden with a message from Emit - 'Dear Apollo, I wasn't able to make her one hundred percent accurate, but here you go. One Valentine Rios hereby returned. Again, I'm terribly sorry for everything! You'll still be my best friend, right? Sincerely, Emit Relevart'

Valentina: You like them a little beefy, right?
Me: Yes, please.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »
Skywalker is so cute!
Holy crap. Poor Apollo. Those aliens just keep abducting him!
Yay! I'm so glad Valentina is back!
Glad Emit got everything back to normal somewhat.  ;D The world needs Apollo!

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 02:42:41 AM »
November 6th, 2018

I managed to get a few pictures of the horses playing with their ball. Silly things they are, but we love them to death.

This is Borealis. He is Skywalker's best friend.

They are both crazy which makes them get along just fine.

Skywalker mauling the poor ball.

Someone is sending that ball a look of retaliation.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Far to the North (Nov 14, 2018)
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 07:02:26 PM »
November 14th

Oh, look. I'm back to where I started. Well, not quite. I'm a little wiser for better or worse. Turns out that I'm probably not marriage material after all, so I decided to move back into my old house. And Skywalker came along. He stays outside though.
Ari and I had some disagreements and...well, I'm not particularly graceful when it comes to domestic conflicts. Suffice it to say that I may or may not have been standing outside yelling and screaming in the middle of the night, after Ari closed the door on me. Why did he do that? Because it so happens that I'm skilled at driving people insane. Even the good ones, even Ari. He said so himself. Hm, can we not dwell on this any further? Thank you, I appreciate it! Now, back to the matter at hand:

My watcher enjoys taking idiotic pictures of me.

Nearby, Skywalker is thinking about himself.

Anyway, I need a little time to sort out my situation...write a book maybe. Until next time, toodles!