Author Topic: 2018 Tournament Finale: That Belongs in a Museum!  (Read 4440 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
  • I'm not home alone.á My sims are all here.
Re: 2018 Tournament Finale: That Belongs in a Museum!
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2018, 06:14:07 PM »
@oshizu From what I can see, it is okay to includes as long as the link doesn't break the teen rating, and this one doesn't so - Where to Find Insects in Granite Falls by King Millie was really helpful to me. 

I will also provide some additional images hopefully this week but over the weekend at the latest.  I'm looking forward to you telling me you found ALL the insects in, say, 3 sim days!  ;) 

Offline Nomac

• Nooboo
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2018, 04:42:31 AM »
This challenge was great; I'm really fond of the nature aspirations (even though it is a lot harder when you aren't allowed to switch between them), so it was right up my alley and I had a lot of fun during my test runs. I was actually relieved that we were allowed only one sim plus pets, because it's easier to focus, I find.
When I finally created my scoring file, it was really late in the challenge and I wasn't sure how far I would come. My sim was also an alien, so he could transmute items and wouldn't be abducted, and joined the science career. However, the last patch bugged my game and, like Nandarelle, when my sim showed up at work he had zero co-workers, and since I had about six days left and tons to do in real life anyway, I decided not to further pursue this challenge. It was fun, nevertheless and I'm looking forward to the next round!

Reading all the comments here, I went into shock. There are many, many things I was completely unaware of and I have a bunch of questions. For example, I was under the impression that decorative eggs were a seasonal collection, like sugar skulls. You can go egg-hunting?! I had no idea. How... do you do this?
Presents, I take it, are a feature of "Seasons"? I don't own this and would rather not buy it, either, because I'm put out that it changed the whole plant system, which I found to be much easier before. Is Seasons also the only way to collect magic beans? (Another collection I thought was a once-a-year challenge..) Rare seeds can't be purchased without the expansion, or am I wrong?
Growfruit.. can be bought? :o
That you could start a club meeting while on vacation was also news to me (and I've tried). Maybe it is only possible at the cantina?
Congratulations @GlazeyLady @LenaLJ and everyone else, and thank you for sharing strategies. Having a Handyman mentoring your sim in handiness is ingenious!

Enjoy your time off and happy holidays everyone. I'm in joyous anticipation of next year's challenges... hoping for another vampire one. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
With Seasons, you can use the calendar to set a holiday to have an egg hunt @Nomac :).  Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad you enjoyed doing the challenge!
Sul! Sul!
My Origin ID is Coolsim9999999 --- so you can find my stuff. 

My SwapShop Page

Happy Simming :)!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »
I used the same awesome video to help me to find where all the insects spawn @GlazeyLady 8)!
Sul! Sul!

My SwapShop Page

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
  • I'm not home alone.á My sims are all here.
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »
@Nomac  I believe you do have to have Seasons to buy the rare fruit seeds, so, yes, that's the only way I know of to get the magic beans.  Growfruit can be bought from the little supply stand in Granite Falls - that's the only place I know to get it.  Bonsai Buds can be bought from the Purchase Gifts option on the phone - but I just noticed that and I'm not sure if that is part of Seasons or was part of the patch right before Seasons (you didn't ask about Bonsai Buds but I thought I'd throw it in - took me awhile to notice that).  The Cantina is the only place I found that you can start a club gathering while on vacation.  I'm pretty sure I got the idea of having the handyman mentor my sim from some other ingenious person, but unfortunately I don't remember who at the moment so can't give credit.

I was reluctant to buy Seasons as well and preferred gardening before - I feel like it's more difficult and complicated now to grow a garden and raise the quality of the plants.  For me, gardening went from one of my favorite activities to one of my least favorite, and I rarely include it in my games anymore unless I need to for a challenge or to meet legacy requirements.  But there is a lot of good stuff with Seasons that I really like.  Key are the present pile, the holidays, the calendar, the grand meals.  I don't care much for the rain, but the snow is so beautiful - the graphics of it really are awesome.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
@oshizu From what I can see, it is okay to includes as long as the link doesn't break the teen rating, and this one doesn't so - Where to Find Insects in Granite Falls by King Millie was really helpful to me. 

I will also provide some additional images hopefully this week but over the weekend at the latest.  I'm looking forward to you telling me you found ALL the insects in, say, 3 sim days!  ;) 

Thank you for the Youtube link @GlazeyLady !
To honor your generosity, I will make it a point for my Gen9 Sharebears to complete the insect collection for the first time in my thousands of hours of simming. ;D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2018, 12:11:06 PM »
I just went to the flea market in a non-challenge game, and I got the entire snow globe collection without even trying 8)
Sul! Sul!

My SwapShop Page

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2018, 05:37:42 PM »
@GlazeyLady Wonderfull strategy.

My note here comes late because I have been on a trip to Minnesota, and forgot my notebook. Then came home earlier this week, sick and jetlagged.

But I do not have much to add. Glazeylady and I did nearly the same.
The collection i did not complete compared to Glazeylady was the snowglobes. I did not know that you could use the fleamarket that way.
And I had 7 cats from the beginning instead of only 3, the first few days we just stayed home and made preparations for the other collections.

The eastereggs I did at home, you can just buy bushes and search them, then delete them afterwords and prepare.
And then my sim was an alien, so that I could revive dead aliens, and transform metals, crystals and elements each 4th hour, so that I could focus on other things.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2018, 12:13:29 AM »
That's awesome strategy to add Lena 8).  I hope you feel better soon!
Sul! Sul!

My SwapShop Page

anything