Author Topic: 2018 Tournament Finale: That Belongs in a Museum!  (Read 21866 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2018 Tournament Finale: That Belongs in a Museum!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
Do we have to keep the collections?

No, but it might be kind of fun for players to post screenshots once I close the event.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
That is a very cool picture!

Can your sim sell duplicate items or do you have to keep them all?

That's fine with me. Can't see why you'd have to hang on to dupes. Yeah, just make sure you keep originals. After I close the event it would be fun to see screenshots from lots of players. :)

@Metropolis Man
In a previous response to HelenP, you said to keep originals though selling off duplicates was fine.
Your response to Snoochenpurner suggests that we don't need to keep our collections?
Would you clarify what we are and are not allowed to do with the collectibles we gather?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 08:06:37 AM »
That is a very cool picture!

Can your sim sell duplicate items or do you have to keep them all?

That's fine with me. Can't see why you'd have to hang on to dupes. Yeah, just make sure you keep originals. After I close the event it would be fun to see screenshots from lots of players. :)

@Metropolis Man
In a previous response to HelenP, you said to keep originals though selling off duplicates was fine.
Your response to Snoochenpurner suggests that we don't need to keep our collections?
Would you clarify what we are and are not allowed to do with the collectibles we gather?

Well, the team never laid down you have to keep them in the rules. So, unless we change that before the event starts, I do not see why you have to hang onto collections. Sorry for any confusion. I suppose the big thing with a screenshot from a player who posts a great score is some kind of "proof."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 04:41:31 PM »
Well, the team never laid down you have to keep them in the rules. So, unless we change that before the event starts, I do not see why you have to hang onto collections. Sorry for any confusion. I suppose the big thing with a screenshot from a player who posts a great score is some kind of "proof."

Thank you for clarifying!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 04:38:57 PM »
My Sim, Flora Nature got the following score:
3 collections and 2 Nature Aspirations (8 components) and 2 components of the remaining Nature Aspiration. (total = 10 components).

3 complete collections = 3 X 100 = 300 pts

CM = 1.00 + (10 components X .05) = 1.00 + .50 = 1.50

Total = 300 X 1.50 = 450

Awesome finale idea, team 8).  I'm interested in how everyone does.  Good luck!

Coolsim

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 05:21:34 AM »
@coolsim9999999
I edited your post, as I dont think we should mention what collections we are completing but just the number.
As the specific collections are a big part of strategy.

But congrats on finishing so fast all year, I wished I could learn abit from you in that regards :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 04:32:55 PM »
@coolsim9999999
I edited your post, as I dont think we should mention what collections we are completing but just the number.

But congrats on finishing so fast all year, I wished I could learn abit from you in that regards :)
Oh O.K. Sorry Lena.  I saw that the example mentioned the collections by name.  Thanks for editing my post.

Thanks a lot for your congrats on my finishing challenges very fast all year.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2018, 04:38:44 PM »
@coolsim9999999

Oh O.K. Sorry Lena.  I saw that the example mentioned the collections by name.  Thanks for editing my post.

Ah, yeah. My bad. Lena is totally right. It's strategy to decide what collections to go for, so no one should specify what they did in their final post. I will clarify in the rules.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »
@coolsim9999999

Ah, yeah. My bad. Lena is totally right. It's strategy to decide what collections to go for, so no one should specify what they did in their final post. I will clarify in the rules.
I'm glad we could help, Metro!  Sorry I put the collections I did in my score message.  Well, now I saw that it just got fixed in the rules 8).

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »
Dang, missed the last event. Been so busy earning platinum trophies that I forgot how fast these tournaments go.  :(

Is there still time to join this challenge? It looks right up my alley, all I have to do is get as many collections as possible before my collector's life is about to end from old age, right? :)

Can I do a test file first? It's been a while since I've played The Sims 4 and I need to do some research.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 07:00:21 AM »
Dang, missed the last event. Been so busy earning platinum trophies that I forgot how fast these tournaments go.  :(

Is there still time to join this challenge? It looks right up my alley, all I have to do is get as many collections as possible before my collector's life is about to end from old age, right? :)

Can I do a test file first? It's been a while since I've played The Sims 4 and I need to do some research.

Hi, @MystiKitty -- there is quite a bit of time left for you to knock out this Finale, a full month. So, go for it and good luck. And yes, you can definitely do testing before your official file begins.

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 11:26:03 AM »
My sim completed 8 collections, 2 full aspirations and 3 parts of another for a score of 1240.  Really enjoyed this one and completed some collections that I've never managed before.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »
Hats off to @coolsim9999999 and @workingmum8 for completing this challenge so early!

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »
Thank you oshizu, I wanted to make sure I was finished before Get Famous comes out in case I get distracted  :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »
Okay, the way the rules were originally laid down we had lots of questions about adding to the household -- can I add pets? What about adding Sims? So, the team needs to clarify things:

Adding pets in CAS is fine.
But, no adding Sims. You still only create one Sim and that's it.
@Nomac -- ignore my PM to you earlier.

anything