Author Topic: The Honeyheart Short Dynasty  (Read 2095 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Honeyheart Short Dynasty
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2019, 08:17:50 AM »
Some of your screenshots in chapters 31 and 32 are not coming up for me, not all, just some. Is it just me?

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »
No KRae, some didn't show up for me as well, yesterday, and today, pages and photos are loading very slowly.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2019, 07:12:10 PM »
I'm sorry you guys aren't seeing all the screenshots! Everything's working fine on my end, so I'm not sure what to tell you. :( Hopefully it's a temporary issue.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2019, 07:23:56 PM »
Chapter 33 - The Adventures of Daisy the Toad, Except Not

I may have set you up for disappointment in regards to this chapter. The adventures of Daisy the Toad are actually only one adventure. And it’s only a little exciting. Oopsies. :-X

Daisy rides her magic vacuum downtown to--where else?--the Toadstool. Now that she’s an elder, it really is crunch time for her LTW. She’s only managed to break one heart thus far. Best get crackin’! (Kind of literally. Ouch.)

Screenshot-107.jpg

At the Toadstool, Daisy runs into this lovely purple lady whose name I never wrote down. Daisy quickly woos her with literally nothing but the power of the Master of Seduction lifetime reward (though let’s let Daisy continue to believe it was her own slimy charm), and convinces Purple Lady to grace her with a kiss. (I love how Daisy looks straight at me when this happens. Like, “Ha ha, I win!”)

Daisy the Toad and Purple Lady are very cute together, but alas, hearts must be broken if we want to win another point. So, fully human and heartless once again, Daisy ends their five-second relationship.

Screenshot-134.jpg

“That’s it, Purple Lady. We’re OVER. Maybe if you’d kissed me on the LIPS like you were SUPPOSED to, things would have been different!”

Aaaand because Purple Lady’s kiss cured Daisy’s toad-ism, such is the end of the adventures of Daisy the Toad. Ah well...maybe she’ll come back someday. (Can toadified sims die in their toad state and become TOAD GHOSTS? So many unanswered questions…)

Things are decidedly normal back at the Honeyheart house, at least for the moment.

Screenshot-139.jpg

Fern is celebrating her adult birthday.

Screenshot-142.jpg

And somebody else has a birthday--Kip and Zelda’s kitten! Yes, they only had one kitten. :( This is Majora, and she is a teeny beauty. She is born with the...Neat and Destructive traits? How. How is that possible.

Screenshot-148.jpg

Fern and Cricket bond as mother and son. Cricket has precious few days as a toddler, so Fern gets in lots of cuddle time.

Screenshot-144.jpg

Lilac is doing well, if you were wondering. She continually preens in the mirror and otherwise gets lots of magical makeovers. I like this shot because it almost looks, as she spins in midair, like she’s feeling guilty for turning her aunt into a toad. But that’s all speculation.

Screenshot-151.jpg

After her fourth magical makeover of the day, Lilac finally makes some actual progress on her lifetime wish and adopts a dog! (She’s had three different “Adopt a ___” wishes locked in for days now, but I went with the dog one because, well, I like dogs.) This little fluffer is an adult named Misushi. At least, I think it’s Misushi. My notes are a bit unclear. But Misushi is cute, and sounds like “my sushi”, so we’re going with it.

Screenshot-155.jpg

Misushi is Quiet and Lazy, and Loves Swimming. Basically, he’s a sweetheart, and takes to Lilac like a...dog to water?

Screenshot-157.jpg

Lilac starts popping dog-related wishes like the attentive pet owner I knew she would be (though I probably shouldn’t trust her with toads). The first one: to take her sushi for a walk. They spend the whole rest of the day exploring Moonlight Falls together.

Screenshot-159.jpg

The birthdays ain’t over yet. It’s Cricket’s turn to age up!

Screenshot-160.jpg

Cricket gets his sparkles in the midst of what looks like mild chaos. I don’t remember why Fern is crying in this photo...unless it was still within the mourning period after Raymond’s death? I’m not sure.

Screenshot-162.jpg

Here’s Cricket as a boy. He decides to become a blond Harry Potter a Kleptomaniac. (Hey, that is kind of Harry Potter-ish.)

Screenshot-167.jpg

Cricket was born Athletic and Eccentric, and since I find the athletic skill to be smelly and boring, I decide to let him become an inventor, like his Great-Great-Great-Aunt Olive.

Screenshot-166.jpg

Alas, a chapter full of birthdays cannot come without some losses. As Majora the kitten nears adulthood (which happens really quickly), the family decides to give her up for adoption so that another nice family in Moonlight Falls can love her and care for her. It’s sad, but it’s necessary. I can only handle so many pets at one time, even in The Sims. :(

I don’t know if it’s because she had to give Majora up or what...but Lilac has the most depressing birthday I’ve ever witnessed.

Screenshot-168.jpg

“Oh, that’s funny. Suddenly I feel an uncontrollable urge to clap.”

Screenshot-169.jpg

“Yay, I am about to become an adult. Such cause for celebration.”

Screenshot-171.jpg

“Oh look, some sparkles.”

The birthdays just never stop, do they?

Screenshot-174.jpg

Misushi, who somehow ran home on his own while Lilac was aging up, has his own birthday when he tries to eat dinner. He’s now an elder dog. :( He looks so traumatized! Luckily, even on the short lifespan, Misushi has quite a bit of time left. At least, more than I expected.

April, on the other hand...

Screenshot-176.jpg

Screenshot-177.jpg

“Who’re you? You’re Death? Huh, that's cool I guess.” *YAWN*

Screenshot-179.jpg

April Honeyheart passes away pretty much right on schedule, but that doesn’t make her loss any easier. April was one of the nicest Mean-Spirited sims I’ve ever played. She was kind, stylish, and had a mysterious way with cats. Rest in peace, April.

Screenshot-181.jpg

Kip consoles himself by plunging face-first into the toilet.

Screenshot-182.jpg

Zelda--who was perhaps closest to April, between the two cats--has a more constructive approach to mourning, as does her BFF Kelvin. The two of them play together for hours and manage to raise each other's spirits.

Screenshot-185.jpg

And Lilac dedicates herself to caring for Misushi. She’s determined to make the rest of his life as fun and full of belly rubs as possible, in memory of her mother. (Wow, I almost wrote “aunt” there initially. It might be time to break out that family tree again...)

Screenshot-187.jpg

The next morning, as dawn breaks foggily over Moonlight Falls, Fern and Daisy depart together on a very particular mission. Where are they going? You’ll just have to find out next time. Au revoir!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »
Chapter 34 - *insert moody break-up song here*

Where are they going, you ask? To China! Fern and Daisy catch a plane to China together and arrive bright and early with plenty of time to get things done. For they each have a purpose here. Fern needs to max both martial arts and athletic to complete her LTW, so she needs all the extra time and practice she can get. And Daisy needs to break eight more hearts in order to complete her LTW. And the nice thing about China...everybody’s single. At least, the unmarried ones are. There are LOTS of hearts to be broken here. So let’s get to it! :(

Screenshot-188.jpg

The moment they set foot on foreign earth, Daisy and Fern start fighting.

Screenshot-189.jpg

You know, I’ve never really seen these two interact much before. They’re not very close, and thus, Daisy’s negative traits come out in a blaze of glory. They’re probably fighting about stuff they forgot to pack, or something.

Screenshot-190.jpg

“Ugh, you know what, Aunt Daisy? You’re screwing up my zen. Just leave me alone.”

Screenshot-192.jpg

Fern makes a beeline for the Martial Arts Academy, where she does some angry quad lifts until she calms down.

Daisy, meanwhile, gets to heartbreaking.

Screenshot-194.jpg

“Why hello, lovely lady. Do you want to spend our twilight years locked in luxurious romance together?”

“Do I ever!”

Screenshot-197.jpg

“Just kidding! Ha ha! We can break up now.”

“But--what? I--”

Daisy goes for a variety of Shang Simla townies, from female to male, clean to stanky.

Screenshot-200.jpg

“Oh, Miss Daisy, I am so pleased that a woman of hygiene such as yourself has agreed to enjoy physical closeness with a man of filth like me!”

Screenshot-203.jpg

“Pssst. Guess what? I actually think you’re gross.”

Poor old man. Now he has to watch his son get wooed in the same, unforgiving way.

Screenshot-205.jpg

Screenshot-209.jpg

“Your father was too smelly, young man, but YOU--! YOU wear too much cologne!”

Screenshot-210.jpg

After destroying this family’s relationships, Daisy gets hungry and swipes some mac and cheese before she leaves. Might as well, right?

Screenshot-211.jpg

“So you see, young man, the great thing about dating is that it allows you to see the whole spectrum of human emotions, from euphoria to devastation. I just orchestrate things so that I see that whole spectrum in a matter of minutes. It’s much more efficient that way.”

“Don’t listen to her, boy. She eats her food AND her dishes WITH HER HANDS.”

Screenshot-214.jpg

A few of Daisy’s victims show up to base camp of their own accord, which essentially means they’re walking right into a trap.

Screenshot-215.jpg

Daisy runs into this beautiful lass in the bathroom and breaks her heart before anybody gets a chance to pee. I mean, how sad is that?

Because all this breaking up is making me depressed, let’s take a brief break and see how Fern’s doing.

Screenshot-218.jpg

Ahh, there she is, zooming through the wooded hills of Shang Simla on her quietly humming vacuum. At least SOMEONE in this town is having a good time.

Daisy next goes to the home of two single sisters.

Screenshot-221.jpg

First she woos one (maybe she does have a thing for smelliness)…

Screenshot-224.jpg

“Wait, you have a SISTER?! WHERE IS SHE I NEED TO TALK TO HER RIGHT NOW!”

Screenshot-226.jpg

...And then she woos the other.

Screenshot-230.jpg

“No, you can NOT have a bowl of my mac and cheese. Get out of my house, lady.”

Screenshot-233.jpg

And Daisy does. But only after using the girls’ shower to hose down her armpits while still clothed. *sigh*

Only two hearts left to break. On their last night at base camp, Daisy latches onto a fellow tourist. Like, she really latches on.

Screenshot-234.jpg

“This is the man. Yes. This man’s heart is MINE!

Thank god the tourist manages to escape before Daisy can say a word to him. I’ve never been so creeped out in my life. *shudder*

Screenshot-236.jpg

The next day, Fern really goes hard at the martial arts thing. The whole “getting fatigued after working out” thing is really costing us on this trip--Fern isn’t making as much progress as I had hoped. But she’s getting there, little by little. At least she breaks a bunch of space rocks and reveals a ton of gems that I completely forget about and leave behind without selling. :)

Screenshot-237.jpg

As the last day in Shang Simla winds to a close, Daisy makes her penultimate conquest via a mountaintop massage.

And after breaking up with that guy, she tracks down one of the only remaining single female sims in town.

Screenshot-243.jpg

Daisy actually has some real chemistry with Wu Xio--so much so that I strongly considered having them stay in a relationship long-term. Unfortunately, the Heartbreaker LTW doesn’t register until the sim dates and breaks up with ten sims. So...she has to end it. :(

Screenshot-246.jpg

But when she does...Daisy finally completes her Lifetime Wish with a whole thirty minutes to spare before she has to head back to Moonlight Falls. Hurrah! Aaaand I’m never doing this LTW again. Probably.

And on that note, my sincerest apologies to every resident of Shang Simla whose heart was cruelly ripped out and stomped on. We're going away now. Please forget us.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2019, 06:08:42 PM »
Majora is SUCH a good kitten name. Congrats (?) to Daisy! A shame that you're now banned from China ;)

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »
Chapter 35 - Fire & Ice

Screenshot-250.jpg

Fern and Daisy arrive home from China and find Lilac practicing magic in the yard, as usual.

Screenshot-251.jpg

...And Kelvin digging in his own trash can. Uh...okay. I don't think he's been doing too well without Fern around. Poor guy.

Screenshot-253.jpg

Daisy goes straight for the animals. She’s missed them, and they seem to have missed her, too.

Screenshot-256.jpg

The boys are busy in the skilling room. Kelvin has a lot of alchemy still to learn; Cricket is working his butt off trying to invent something for the first time.

Screenshot-258.jpg

And he does it! After many hours of hard work, Cricket finally creates his first dog toy. Into the family toybox it goes, to be treasured forevermore.

Screenshot-9.jpg

Fern made a good amount of progress in her Martial Arts skill in China, but she still has a ways to go (and a long way to go with athletic). She spends every spare moment in front of that board breaker. At least we’re making some good money from all those space rocks!

Screenshot-5.jpg

Lilac is still trying to level up in her magic skill, and it’s not working too well. April, our other witch in the family, passed away before I was able to try out the dueling trick that @mpart suggested :( , and as it turns out, the rest of the witches in Moonlight Falls have pretty much died out. The only other witch in town is Brittany Bertiger, a homeless child who’s been in the game since day one and whom is virtually impossible to locate, even with MasterController.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Lilac’s only remaining option is to cast spells on her family members. Aunt Daisy is a common target, since she doesn’t really do anything all day.

I’ve never tried out the ice blast or fire blast spells before. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that the fire blast...um...lights your sim on fire.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Daisy does a wild dance of terror, looking very comical in her tweed pants and oh dear I just realized how awful those shoes look with her outfit. Anyway, priorities!

Screenshot-18.jpg

You probably didn’t notice in the last screenshot, but Kelvin sneaks into the room whilst Daisy’s butt is alight. Does he sneak in to help with the emergency? Nope. He sneaks in to ride a wave of fire-quelling agent up into the sky get a Magical Makeover. A true Honeyheart, this man is.

Screenshot-21.jpg

Kelvin: “Oh, yikes, I didn't realize what was...uh...I mean, is everything okay?"
Lilac: “Yup. Under control.”

Screenshot-25.jpg

Poor Daisy. Always the victim of awful spells and pranks. Luckily, she’s about as good-spirited as she can possibly be. She can finally make good use of the shower-in-a-can that’s been passed down through the family inventory for who knows how many generations.

Screenshot-30.jpg

The pets are doing well, as always. Misushi (turns out that’s actually not his name, but I can never remember the correct one and I’m not about to try now) and Zelda have become good friends via some curious nuzzling.

Screenshot-37.jpg

Cricket’s teen birthday arrives, and he demonstrates his powerful lung force by blowing out his candles from several feet away.

Screenshot-39.jpg

He’s looking more and more like Kelvin, isn’t he?

Screenshot-40.jpg

Cricket adds No Sense of Humor to his rather all-over-the-place list of traits. (His other ones, in case you’ve forgotten, are Eccentric, Athletic, and Kleptomaniac.) Because all hairstyles look funny (heh, get it?) on him, he opts to hide his hair altogether beneath this rockin’ beanie.

More birthdays! It’s time for the cats to become elders.

Screenshot-44.jpg

Zelda tries to hide from the sparkles, but alas, age comes for all of us eventually.

Screenshot-46.jpg

And Kip ages up with an impressive display of feline acrobatics.

Kelvin: “Jeez, this cat-aging-up thing takes forever. I became an elder in about three-quarters of a second.”
Daisy: “Yeah. I don’t think anyone even noticed it was your birthday.”

(I definitely didn’t. Just now I looked through these screenshots and went, “Wait, since when is Kelvin OLD???” So, yeah. I’m as confused as you are.)

Screenshot-47.jpg

Remember how I said that age comes for all of us eventually? Well…

Screenshot-48.jpg

Daisy is out tending to our very neglected money tree when death comes for her for the second time.

Screenshot-50.jpg

Fern: “So, how’ve you been?”
Grim: “Oh, about the same as I was two days ago. Or whenever I was last here.”
Fern: “Yeah, I can’t keep track either.”

Screenshot-53.jpg

Daisy departs this life rather unglamorously, in the dark and the mud, with only Fern as a witness (I’m not sure where the rest of the family is at this moment in time). Her life, however, was anything but unglamorous. Daisy was a wild, funny, and very special sim who brought a great deal of fun and hilarity to the Honeyheart household. I enjoyed every second of her life and every one of her ridiculous antics. She will go down in history as one of my favorite sims ever, and she will be dearly missed. RIP, Daisy Honeyheart.

Screenshot-59.jpg

At least she has a lovely cohort of ghosts-that-are-afraid-of-ghosts to welcome her home.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2019, 07:24:52 PM »
Chapter 36 – Vampire, Fairy, & Dog

Screenshot-42.jpg

Cricket is now a beanie-wearing teenager, and it’s about time we find him a lady. I find someone pretty early on that I personally am VERY interested in. Eileen Van Gould meets Cricket in the park one evening and seems to feel just as interested in Cricket as I am in her. Heh heh.

Screenshot-63.jpg

Of course, the very next day, she’s become a young adult, which makes her several days older than Cricket--basically a whole life stage. Still, Cricket forcefully befriends her via a friendship elixir.

See, this girl is special. Very, very special. I only came across this while snooping around in MasterController, but as it turns out, Eileen Van Gould has two traits that she should not, by the laws of The Sims 3, possess at the same time. Want to guess what they are?

Screenshot-64.jpg

Eileen is a vampire. That much is clear. But she’s also, apparently, A FAIRY. Or at least, she has the fairy trait. It must be the result of her no-doubt-very-complicated-by-this-point family tree, but somehow, she possesses both occult traits. Which is probably why she’s screaming in terror most of the time.

As it turns out, though, that rogue Fairy trait doesn’t manifest in any way. At least, I can’t figure out if it does. She has no fairy wings, no fairy abilities. On paper, Eileen is a vampfairy (fairpire? vairyfamp? vampairy?), but in action and in everyday life, she’s 100% vampire. And also too old. So...Eileen is out of the running, to my severe disappointment.

Screenshot-65.jpg

All hope is not lost, though. Cricket has a friend from school named Shawn Goth. Shawn Goth really IS a fairy, and is NOT a vampire. (I also have this cute memory from Cricket’s childhood--after meeting Shawn at school and learning that she was a fairy, Cricket popped a wish to collect fairy dust. Like, how sweet is that? Or...or maybe that was just his Kleptomaniac trait kicking in. I didn’t think of that until now. :o )

Screenshot-66.jpg

Shawn shows up to Cricket’s spouse-hunting party teenage sleepover, and they get reacquainted.

Screenshot-68.jpg

Cricket and Shawn start flirting immediately, whilst the other two party guests stalk around and growl. (Evidently Cricket only knows werewolves from school, Shawn being the exception.)

Screenshot-70.jpg

By the time the full moon rises, Cricket gets his first kiss.

Screenshot-71.jpg

Look how cute Shawn is! I think she and Cricket will make a perfect match. So long, vampfairy. We’ve found ourselves someone better--a real fairy. (Of course, she’ll have to lose her fairy-ness once she joins the family...but let’s not think about that yet.)

Screenshot-74.jpg

Alexandra Singh and Camilla Brown are not thrilled at being passed over for dynasty spouse. They seriously spend almost the whole party lurching around like this, looking like they want to eat Shawn for being Cricket's favorite.

Screenshot-75.jpg

Or...maybe they’re just lusting after Cricket’s pizza?

Screenshot-79.jpg

Yup.

Camilla: “Ex-CUSE me! This perfect dynasty spouse stole my second slice of pizza!”

Screenshot-83.jpg

Yeah, can you believe only three other teens show up for this party? Ah well. Aunt Daisy is here to liven things up and make sure Cricket doesn’t get any sleep.

Daisy: "Ooh, which sleeping beauty is yours, Cricket?"

Screenshot-84.jpg

Oh hey, Raymond is here too!

“Haha, you’re only friends with WEREWOLVES!”

“Shut up, Grandpa!”

Screenshot-87.jpg

Since Cricket can’t sleep for the ghosts anyway, he decides to get some inventing in. Guys, never try to invent at 3 in the morning. It doesn’t end well.

Screenshot-89.jpg

Amazingly, nobody else wakes up during all of this chaos. Looks like Shawn will fit into this household quite nicely, if she can sleep through butt fires and ghost wanderings.

In other news, Lilac still has a long way to go with her LTW. She needs to adopt a total of six animals, and so far, she’s only adopted one (Misushi--whose actual name, by the way, is Musashi). She spends the next few days adopting animals in need, giving them some love and baths, and then sending them on their way to new loving homes. (I’d keep the animals, all million of them, but on the short lifespan, it’s just too hard.)

Screenshot-2.jpg

Her first new acquisition is this grumpy-looking fluffer named Mateo, a Playful Hydrophobic.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Mateo stays in the household long enough to have some play-fights with Misushi. They do this all on their own, and are absolutely adorable together.

Screenshot-3.jpg

So remember in a previous chapter when I was like “Whoa, when did Kelvin become an elder???” Well, turns out he wasn’t actually an elder before. He was just in his work outfit, which includes a stupid hairstyle. And he was in shadow, so his hair looked gray. And I hadn’t played this file in a while, so I didn’t remember what was actually happening. Basically, I’m an idiot. Anyway, look, he’s still young and cute!

Screenshot-4.jpg

...For about three more seconds.

Screenshot-9.jpg

Kelvin becomes an elder for real, and immediately goes for his Fern to give her a kiss and tell her she’s beautiful. Awww. What a sweetheart.

Screenshot-12.jpg

Another member of the family is getting up there in years. Misushi gets his first real bath from his dear Lilac after one of many play-fights with Mateo.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Wait...wait what?! I said he's getting up there in years, not that he's all set to die!

Screenshot-21.jpg

I’ve never seen a pet death in the Sims before, and I have to say, I was rather impressed by how...well...humane it was? How uplifting, aside from the fact that it was deeply and irrepressibly sad?

Grim nuzzling Misushi doesn’t make it any easier for Lilac, though. She’s absolutely heartbroken. :( God, this picture just about tears me apart. I’m so sorry, Lilac!

Screenshot-24.jpg

After giving Death itself a friendly lick, Misushi is taken up into the happy hunting grounds of dog heaven while the rest of us sit here on this stupid earth and bawl our eyes out.

Screenshot-26.jpg

Farewell, Misushi. You were adorable, lovable, and a great first dog for the Honeyhearts and for me. You’ll always be my sushi. RIP. <3

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2019, 07:59:43 PM »
Chapter 37 - Ghost Chain

Screenshot.jpg

As Lilac approaches her elder birthday, her time to max the spellcasting skill grows shorter. So naturally, she goes completely bonkers casting spells on her family members in an attempt to raise the skill. Look out, Fern!

Screenshot-28.jpg

At some point, Lilac learns how to do the Haunting Curse. Daisy makes the mistake of sticking around long after dawn one morning, and...well, haven’t you always wondered what happens when you create a ghost to haunt a ghost?

Screenshot-32.jpg

Daisy: “Oh, the horror! Lilac, how COULD you?!”
Ghost: “Eww, an actual dead person? Gross.”

Screenshot-35.jpg

Yeah, Daisy does not approve. She gives such an aggressive thumbs down that she plunges her whole arm through Lilac’s ribcage in protest.

Screenshot-36.jpg

Lilac still has a long ways to go, so...she tries again.

Screenshot-38.jpg

And again.

Lady ghost: “Oooh, wow, there are THREE of us! How spooky!”

Screenshot-40.jpg

Lilac casts haunting curses again and again, until there are something like five ghosts hanging around the backyard, all bound together in a haunted chain of ghosts. They’re all booing each other and being grossed out by each other. Lilac keeps her cool until the last one appears, and then she decides that she, too, is deeply disturbed by what she’s seeing.

Screenshot-43.jpg

Daisy takes refuge inside before it gets too crazy.

“I’m just going to stay in here and never go near that niece of mine again. Yes, that sounds good.”

Screenshot-45.jpg

With that experiment over, let’s look into Lilac’s other hobby--adopting pets! (And putting them up for adoption again that same day...but I digress.) This gorgeous newcomer is Rose, a Neat little poodle-like puppy with mismatched eyes. I like her so much I strongly consider keeping her in the family. As in, she’s currently still with the Honeyhearts in-game. Oops.

Screenshot-55.jpg

Short Tail is the next adoptee, a Shy, Skittish, Noisy miniature silver leopard. (Yes, that’s a real breed that I just made up.)

Screenshot-59.jpg

And next, we have Mags, the tiniest Playful, Friendly kitten there ever was. (Ignore the raccoon. He tried to get adopted but did not succeed.)

Screenshot-49.jpg

Fern's elder birthday hits before we know it. Sadly, she ages up in the middle of working out, so she actually gets to watch her muscles deteriorate in front of her eyes.

Screenshot-50.jpg

Ah, well. She keeps a positive attitude. All that meditating's gotta pay off somehow, right?

Screenshot-62.jpg

It’s about time we invited Shawn to join the household. She and Cricket are both due for a birthday. Cricket pops over to her house to ask her over for an impromptu birthday party.

Screenshot-65.jpg

But first, a certain transformation needs to take place.

“Cricket, wait! We didn’t discuss this beforehand! I’m allergic to Potent Cure Elixirs! I’m going to swell up and die!”

Screenshot-66.jpg

“Shawn, we literally had this conversation yesterday. I said you had to become a human in order to marry me. You said ‘okie-dokie’.”

“Okay, fine. I was just trying to be funny, but I guess you have No Sense of Humor.”

“Duh.”

Oh, Cricket. You’re going to be such a fun dad. ::)

Screenshot-68.jpg

Surprise! Before the kiddos can age up, Lilac has to become an elder. :( (Old lady pictures not included because I can’t see Lilac as an elder and I refuse to even try.)

Screenshot-69.jpg

Then it’s Shawn’s turn. She’s really, really excited.

Screenshot-70.jpg

“Yay, I can't wait to grow up and experience mortality for the first time and then die.”

You have no idea, honey.

Screenshot-72.jpg

Then it’s Cricket’s turn. Shawn seems more excited about this one.

Screenshot-73.jpg

And here are the torchbearers for Generation 8 of the Honeyheart Short Dynasty! (Can you believe we’re almost done? Cricket’s grandchildren will be the last generation…)

Screenshot-75.jpg

Cricket takes on the Handy trait (and a beard), to be added to his Eccentric, Athletic, Kleptomaniac, and No Sense of Humor traits. His LTW is Possession is Nine-Tenths of the Law, which is probably impossible, but I’m not too worried about it.

Screenshot-77.jpg

Shawn’s traits are Absent-Minded, Can’t Stand Art, Unlucky, Genius, and Athletic. She likes Country music, Potato and Truffle Torte (dang, woman), and the color Red. Her LTW is to become a Superstar Athlete. Again, impossible, but we’ll see what we can do.

Next time, we’ll get these two hitched and start on some nooboos! See ya then!

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »
Goodness! I always forget how much HAPPENS in Short Dynasty updates. (Different from short, dynasty updates, where nothing much tends to happen at all). Is Shawn part Goodfellow, somewhere? Or am I just projecting? (Fawn Goodfellow is one of my favorite townies, hehe).

You're so close to the end! Good luck!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2019, 05:48:11 PM »
Goodness! I always forget how much HAPPENS in Short Dynasty updates. (Different from short, dynasty updates, where nothing much tends to happen at all). Is Shawn part Goodfellow, somewhere? Or am I just projecting? (Fawn Goodfellow is one of my favorite townies, hehe).

You're so close to the end! Good luck!

It's crazy how much happens in short dynasties. It's kind of exhausting to play and to write about, but going back and reading old chapters makes it all hilarious again. Yes, Shawn is definitely part Goodfellow––all of the Moonlight Falls families are deeply interconnected now (I really should take a screenshot sometime). It's more like a family forest than a family tree at this point. I'll go back and look the next time I play the Honeyhearts and see what her direct line of ancestry is, but there's absolutely a good amount of Goodfellow in her!

Thanks for the luck! I'm hoping to finish up in the next few weeks!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2019, 08:42:20 PM »
Ah, the good ol' haunting curse. Seeing ghosts run around freaking out about other ghosts...oh the irony. I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't be able to get rid of any of the pets. They are just too cute!
Generation eight already? Wow! That's amazing!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 06:48:45 PM »
Ah, the good ol' haunting curse. Seeing ghosts run around freaking out about other ghosts...oh the irony. I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't be able to get rid of any of the pets. They are just too cute!
Generation eight already? Wow! That's amazing!

The key to getting rid of pets is to keep them in the house for a very, very short amount of time. Like, a few in-game hours, tops. Then I make the call and have them adopted before I get too attached. Then I try not to cry when the happy-sad adopting music plays. Then I hate myself. Then I force myself to move on and try and forget about the whole thing.

I know, we're getting so close! I'm excited!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2019, 06:57:50 PM »
Chapter 38 - Bones

Screenshot.jpg

Life and death go on in equal measure for the Honeyhearts. Death abounds in the form of ghosts. I’m pretty sure this is Daisy, our most frequent haunter, having fun with an oblivious Lilac.

Screenshot-3.jpg

But there is also life. Rose, our sweet little poodle, showers her owners with affection and constantly brings in the newspaper, which is just about the most adorable thing ever.

Screenshot-9.jpg

But is it as adorable as Cricket proposing to Shawn at the Fortune Teller’s wagon? I don't know, you tell me!

Screenshot-11.jpg

Shawn says yes, of course, and she doesn’t even feel the need to check any crystal balls first.

Screenshot-12.jpg

The two of them get married right there on that mist-clouded cliff.

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Honeyheart The Ninth!

Screenshot-19.jpg

They consummate their marriage (and try for baby) as soon as they get back to the house.

Screenshot-20.jpg

Now that she’s a proper Honeyheart, Shawn must get to work on earning her point for the dynasty. Since she’s a Genius, she will naturally be maxing Logic. She may also work on Athletic in her spare time. (Ha ha, spare time! What a concept.)

Screenshot-23.jpg

Fern is enjoying old age more than other sims I’ve had. She’s gathered about five gazillion gems in her inventory (okay, like twenty) from smashing space rocks, so she dusts off the old gem cutting machine that no one in this family has ever really used in all of history and starts working her way up through the various gem cuts.

Screenshot-27.jpg

Wondering how the pets are doing? You ask, I deliver. Kip and Zelda are still cuddly and in love as ever. I kind of can’t believe they’re not dead yet. I don’t think their life bars are even maxed out.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Rose (henceforth called “Rosie” because I keep thinking about Rose Kindle and getting confused) tries to make friends with her housemates, but doesn’t always come across as poised or socially adept. She kind of just barks at Zelda a lot.

Screenshot-37.jpg

Here’s the latest of Lilac’s adoptees. This is Cinnamon. She’s the biggest, derpiest goof I’ve ever seen and I love her. She is Clueless, which makes her even more perfect. I may not be able to let this one get adopted.

Screenshot-35.jpg

Oh look! Shawn is pregnant! Are you shocked? I know I’m shocked.

Screenshot-47.jpg

Know what else is shocking? Bonehilda is back! Repeat, Bonehilda is BACK!

Screenshot-56.jpg

I was all excited to have Bonehilda back, because I thought that all the family Cowards had finally died off. (I hate when sims do nothing but run away from Bonehilda when they’re supposed to be slaves to skilling productive members of the household.) Turns out that it’s not just Cowards that run away from skeletons. It’s Neurotics, too. *sigh*

I don’t know how long we’ll keep Bonehilda around since Fern can’t bear the sight of her. But it’s cute watching her interact with the animals.

Screenshot-48.jpg

Cinnamon does not know how she feels about the new skeleton maid.

Cinnamon: “...help?”

Screenshot-61.jpg

In time, though, Cinnamon becomes best buds with Bonehilda--as much as one can become best buds with Bonehilda.

Screenshot-57.jpg

Kelvin has reached the high levels of the alchemy skill and is stocking up on lots of useful potions for the family. We’ve run low on skill boosters and friendship elixirs over the years--it’s nice to have plenty on hand once again.

Screenshot-58.jpg

And Cricket...er, he’s doing okay at inventing. But just okay.

Screenshot-62.jpg

Kelvin is SO CLOSE to maxing alchemy when his time comes. (Actually, in all honesty, I don’t remember whether he maxed it or not--I got lazy with my note-taking and failed to mark down whether he earned his point. I’m pretty sure he didn’t quite make it, though, so I’m not giving myself the point.)

Screenshot-68.jpg

The family gathers round, pregnant bellies and all, to watch Kelvin meet Grim.

Screenshot-71.jpg

Kelvin amiably agrees to go on to the next life. He's always been a chill, good-natured guy. I guess he knows he’ll always have this house to haunt if he wants it.

Screenshot-66.jpg

Farewell, Kelvin Morganthe Honeyheart. You were adorable and important, even if you weren’t quite the alchemy master you dreamed of being. (Or maybe you were. We'll never know.) Rest in peace.

Screenshot-73.jpg

These poor cats have seen so much death and have spent most of their lives in mourning. And it looks like it’s not over yet. At least they can comfort each other with nuzzles, and comfort us with cuteness.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2019, 07:36:06 PM »
Bring on generation nine!

All the animals are so sweet. I love Rosie's fluffy ears and Mag's derpiness. I'm glad to see the cats are still kicking. I love cats.

RIP Kelvin, the almost master Alchemist.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2019, 02:28:07 PM »
Bring on generation nine!

All the animals are so sweet. I love Rosie's fluffy ears and Mag's derpiness. I'm glad to see the cats are still kicking. I love cats.

RIP Kelvin, the almost master Alchemist.

Generation Nine will be here soon! Hopefully I can get another chapter up by the end of the week.

By the way, I updated the name and traits of our favorite derpy white dog. I originally wrote her name as Mags, but I actually misread my notes––her name is Cinnamon, and she's Clueless, not Playful or Friendly. I think Mags was a cat that we adopted for about half a second and then returned to the shelter (and that I failed to get a screenshot of). Sorry for the confusion! It's fixed in the story now.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
Chapter 39 - Four Birds, One Stone

Screenshot-80.jpg

There are a lot of elders in this house right now. (This will be important later.) Misushi makes his first visit as a ghost and touches noses with his precious Lilac. Aww, look, he matches her underpants!

Screenshot-92.jpg

Shawn is very pregnant with the ninth generation heir. A nice trip to the spa keeps her happy while the baby grows.

Screenshot-96.jpg

In the meantime, she ropes her mother-in-law into practicing chess with her. Shawn needs to max the logic skill, and Fern is the only sim in the household who has nothing left to do (she’s already earned three points for the challenge).

Screenshot-97.jpg

Shawn: “Oh, god, it hurts! It hurts!”
Fern: “Why'd you ask me to play chess if you were just planning on going into labor? Jeez…”

This is about the first Mean-Spirited face Fern has made in her whole life. I think maybe she wanted Cricket to marry Eileen the Vampire-Fairy.

Screenshot-98.jpg

Anyway, Shawn cheerily drags her husband to the hospital…

Screenshot-99.jpg

...and gives birth to a baby boy named Finch.

Screenshot-2.jpg

With the generation nine heir born, Cricket and Shawn decide to get started on another family member.

Screenshot-4.jpg

This chapter has a lot of thrilling, happy events in it, so let’s get right to it. Grim makes a long-awaited appearance (LOL just kidding he was here, like, yesterday) at the Honeyheart house to reap Kip, who is well past the end of his life bar. (I don’t even realize Grim is here until I notice the “mourn” action in one of the other pet’s queues…)

Screenshot-9.jpg

Midway through his collection of Kip, though, Grim is interrupted. Apparently Fern can’t wait another second to die. Yeah, I’m talking about you, Fern! You who COULDN’T WAIT ANOTHER SECOND!

Screenshot-14.jpg

She’s forced to wait, hovering between worlds, while Grim sends Kip up to the happy hunting grounds.

Fern: “Excuse me, Mr. Reaper, but exactly how long are you going to make me wait?”

Screenshot-19.jpg

Fern was one of the nicest Mean-Spirited sims ever and one of the most accomplished Honeyhearts. I might resent her forever for upstaging Kip’s death, but, y’know, it’s fine. Maybe she just couldn’t stand to be without her cat for even a second. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. Rest in peace, Fern. And rest in peace, Kip, the original Honeyheart pet. :’(

Screenshot-24.jpg

Much crying ensues, as you can imagine. Two deaths at the exact same time! This kind of trauma is unheard of in the sims!

Screenshot-30.jpg

At least we get a breather long enough to celebrate Finch’s toddler birthday. (Shawn has been out in the front yard stargazing, so she hasn’t even witnessed any of the tragedy yet. Key word in this sentence: YET.)

Screenshot-32.jpg

Aww, what a cutie! Finch is an adorable combo of his parents, which is easy to say because of the ubiquity of that butter-blond hair. Finch is also an adorable combo of traits: Insane and Neurotic (yay!), and he likes Chinese music, Ratatouille, and the color Lilac. How appropriate. :(

Screenshot-33.jpg

Finch has a couple hours of quiet, happy toddlerhood in which to pose for the camera and make us all forget, momentarily, the frailty and brevity of human existence.

Screenshot-35.jpg

Finch is the only bright spot in this chapter of horribleness. Ready? It's not over yet.

Screenshot-44.jpg

What’s up, Cinnamon? Hear something unusual?

Screenshot-45.jpg

Grim: “Whassup, everyone. I’M BACK.”

Wait, what?! Already?! No, Grim, don't take Cinnamon!

Screenshot-50.jpg

I forgot that Cinnamon was an elder. I guess it’s already her time. The first two deaths today were plenty sad. But losing Cinnamon basically breaks my heart.

Screenshot-55.jpg

RIP, beautiful Cinnamon. We did not get enough time with you and your sweet, clueless little soul.

Screenshot-65.jpg

As Grim vanishes after his third reaping of the day, Lilac and Cricket look at each other.

Cricket: “You think he’s finally done for the day?”
Lilac: “You know, I wouldn’t count on it.”

Screenshot-68.jpg

“...Yep, I think I'm ready to go too.”

Lilac! Seriously? Right now?!

Screenshot-73.jpg

Okay, maybe she’s not so ready. Perhaps Grim is just trying to be efficient.

Lilac: “Please, Grim, my family has suffered so much already today! Let me live just a little longer!”

Screenshot-74.jpg

Grim: “I don’t have time for these stupid games! I have a quota to meet and I will meet it if it’s the last thing I do! Now get in the grave, woman!” *FWOOSH*

Screenshot-75.jpg

Grim: “Ugh. I am never signing up to do a Short Dynasty ever again.”

And there you have it, folks. Four deaths, one day. At least all the “Mourning” moodlets don’t pile up on top of each other. Talk about killing four birds with one stone!

Next chapter, we’ll see if we can go a day without anyone dying. But I doubt it! See ya then!

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2019, 03:52:08 PM »
Wow, lots of deaths all in one day! I think I've only ever had two close together and they were both paparazzi, so no big deal, though one happened right after a wedding. Grim's timing is always so perfect. I love little Finch, what a cutie! Insane and Neurotic, now that's going to be a fun combo. I've got 2 neurotic sims and one insane one in my TJ game right now, so lots of sink checking, freak outs, and talking to herself going on! Can't wait for your next update, and fingers crossed no more deaths for a bit!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2019, 05:01:30 PM »
Stick and stones can't break your bones, ah...oh no. Wow, that was quite the chapter! The generation heir is born and four of the household members die? That's nuts!
When Cinnamon died, I felt a little piece of myself die too. Her derpiness was so beautiful. She was too good for us. Too good!  :'(

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2019, 01:29:13 AM »
Oh, geez. And I thought Immortal dynasties were bad for multiple deaths. This is just excessive, Grim :(

But....Finch is here! A light at the end of the (short?) tunnel!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2019, 07:11:22 PM »
Chapter 40 - The Supernatural Scientists

Well. After four deaths in a row last chapter, things have gotten a little too familiar between the remaining Honeyhearts and the Grim Reaper.

Screenshot-78.jpg

Cricket: “...”
Grim: “...”

Screenshot-79.jpg

Grim: “Don’t even try to talk to me. We are NOT friends.”

Screenshot-82.jpg

At least there’s some light in all this darkness. Shawn is pregnant for a second time! It’s about time we started building up this eerily empty household again.

Screenshot-85.jpg

We’re also down to only two pets at the moment. Rosie, our adorable poodle, spends a good hour howling dramatically next to a rotting plate of food until I come over to see what’s up.

Screenshot-86.jpg

Oh. Turns out she’s aging up to elder. :(

Screenshot-88.jpg

Rosie looks a little spooked, but she’s still beautiful even with some grey fur.

Screenshot-83.jpg

Finch is having a pretty happy toddlerhood, even though it’s only two days long and there’s no time to teach him anything.

Screenshot-93.jpg

As such, he gets to play with whatever toys he wants and is not a slave to the peg box or xylophone like most toddlers in my games.

Screenshot-107.jpg

Apparently he likes the xylophone, though. That’s the only reason he plays it--because he wants to.

Screenshot-90.jpg

Finch likes to keep his dad company while Cricket slaves away at the workbench.

Screenshot-96.jpg

Even though he’s an accomplished inventor, Cricket still sets himself on fire from time to time.

Bonehilda: “Pardon me, Mr. Honeyheart. You are level 9. Fires only happen to amateurs. Please explain your incompetence.”

Screenshot-100.jpg

Thankfully, she’s still willing to put him out.

Bonehilda: “Ha. Ha. You have much work to do, young insect.”

Screenshot-111.jpg

Cricket gets revenge on Bonehilda for her snarky remarks. Later that day, he does one of the only available social interactions with Bonehilda: “Ask to Pose”.

Bonehilda gets stuck in a posing loop for hours on end.

Screenshot-112.jpg

It never stops being funny.

Screenshot-113.jpg

“I will get you for this, foolish chirping bug.”

Screenshot-108.jpg

Shawn is working hard at her logic skill. Because sitting around playing chess at home is boring, she decides to go across town to the Toadstool and play chess there. Remember this extremely handsome fellow? He was a potential spouse for Fern before I found out he was, well, a fairy.

Screenshot-117.jpg

Shawn stays at the Toadstool long into the night, until the only other patrons in the joint are supernatural scientists with spooky goggles, rubber gloves, and various unflattering hairdos. I’m pretty sure Shawn would willingly stick around, but I end up sending her home before long due to the creepiness of it all. :o

Screenshot-101.jpg

Zelda is still alive, though her life bar has long since expired and she does little more than wander around looking lost now that her mate, Kip, is gone. :(

Screenshot-110.jpg

Cricket still gives her plenty of love, but it’s clear that Zelda will be ready to go when the time comes.

Screenshot-114.jpg

I do also have this delightful shot of Rosie and Zelda playing together. Please enjoy.

Screenshot-118.jpg

Oh look, it’s Cricket’s time already! To age up to adult, that is.

Screenshot-120.jpg

He loses his hat in the swirl of sparkles, but before he can get to a mirror, our favorite house guest shows up again. Yup, it’s Grim, come to collect Zelda at last.

Screenshot-122.jpg

Cricket: “This is getting really old, you know.”

Grim: “Your kitty is getting really old, too. Awww, yes, that’s a good kitty!”

Screenshot-126.jpg

Grim promises to ensure that Zelda is reunited with Kip in the afterlife. At least, I tell myself he does.

Screenshot-128.jpg

After yet another loss, Shawn retreats to the bathroom and gives the last living pet a nice flea bath. She’s so upset she can’t even get her legs to work properly. I should be very upset, but mostly I just can’t stop laughing.

On that happy note--wow, we didn’t even make it one chapter without someone dying! Congrats, everyone. Unenthusiastic applause all around.

Next time, we’ll meet baby #2 and see Finch grow into a big boy. See ya then!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
Chapter 41 - Birthdays, Hot Dogs, Repossession, and Some Other Stuff

Right! It’s been a while. Well, okay, I posted a chapter a few days ago, but I’d actually written that a couple months ago and just failed to put it up in a timely manner. These next two chapters I am writing loooong after actually playing the game. Which means I have a bunch of screenshots that I have no idea how to caption! Because I don’t remember what was going on! Come on, this is going to be fun. Like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Of random things that make no sense.

Screenshot-3.jpg

Okay, some things make sense. Like this sweet picture of Shawn and Rosie rubbing noses. So cute! So sensible!

Screenshot-132.jpg

This is a picture of Rosie taking a bath. That makes sense.

Screenshot-136.jpg

This is Bonehilda trying to teach Rosie how to sit. Rosie is indeed sitting, but she still looks very confused.

Screenshot-138.jpg

Here is Cricket grilling up some hot dogs, whilst the ghost of Misushi struggles to get unstuck from the deck railing.

Screenshot-140.jpg

And here’s Cricket crying over his hot dogs. I vaguely remember having a clever caption for this. Of course it’s gone now. Which is probably why Cricket is crying.

Screenshot-151.jpg

Everyone is having a hard time with hot dogs this chapter. Rosie is just...struggling on a whole different level.

Screenshot-141.jpg

Here are Fern and Kelvin being freaked out at each other as ghosts.

Screenshot-144.jpg

Oh, phew! An actual event! It’s Finch’s birthday already. I’m sad he’s losing that adorable floppy hairdo. Why don’t they have that for all ages, hmmm?

Screenshot-146.jpg

Here he goes!

Screenshot-147.jpg

And here he is! He’s a looker, this kid. Naturally, he picks up a terrible trait to go with his good looks. We have another Mean-Spirited sim, everybody! *sigh*

Screenshot-149.jpg

He’s also a Neurotic wimp. Looks like we might have to put Bonehilda away again. *sigh*

Screenshot-150.jpg

Here’s Finch after a trip to the mirror. Why did I put him in overalls? Why? Oh well, he only has to wear them for two days before it’s his birthday again. *sigh*

Screenshot-152.jpg

This is Finch learning to bake. Ooh, I think I might have had cooking in mind for his maxed skill! Yeah, that makes sense, I suppose. Or maybe I just wanted some muffins for the family fridge. Who knows.

Screenshot-153.jpg

I imagine this was supposed to be a “look, a future spouse” picture. But I have no idea who either of these people are. So I don’t know what to tell ya.

Screenshot-154.jpg

Oh look, Shawn is going into labor! Did anyone else forget she was pregnant? I know I forgot she was pregnant.

Screenshot-156.jpg

Whilst his mother is at the hospital, Finch makes it known to the world that HE is the heir, HE is the eldest, and HE is the one in charge.

Screenshot-159.jpg

Finch’s new baby brother will just have to deal with that. Everyone, welcome Clay Honeyheart to the family!

Screenshot-8.jpg

Ah, another future spouse! Wait, is this the same one? I think this might be the only human child in town anywhere close to Finch’s age. So this unnamed little lady is basically guaranteed to be Finch’s future mate and the mother of the last generation of Honeyhearts. Unless something crazy happens.

Screenshot-12.jpg

Wow, another birthday? This time it’s Shawn, aging up amid her eccentric social circle at the Toadstool.

Screenshot-17.jpg

The next photo I have is of the Shawn extinguishing a grill fire. Cricket must have tried to make hot dogs again. Can everyone just STOP INTERACTING WITH HOT DOGS, PLEASE.

Screenshot-19.jpg

Finch: “Mom! Why can’t you put it out?! Mom! Hurry! The house is gonna--”
Shawn: “Fire extinguishers are VERY COMPLICATED, young man! Give me a moment!”

I guess the fire gets put out eventually, but that’s not the end of our troubles. Nope!

Screenshot-20.jpg

This is a picture of the family garden. This is interesting for several reasons. First, look at how badly I arranged the family tombstones! I may as well have dropped them from the sky. Second, for some reason, the family bills have been piling up--or rather, lining up very neatly in a row--in the middle of the garden, nowhere near the front door, and nowhere I would ever actually notice them during everyday activities. I have no explanation for this. Third, when was the last time anybody pulled a weed around here? And fourth, look, it’s Stella the vampire gnome! At least I think her name is Stella. I’m probably wrong.

Screenshot-24.jpg

Those lined-up bills are significant, because we get a visit from the repo-man that very day. Of course he goes for the valuable gems that have been sitting in the martial arts garden ever since Fern broke them out of a space rock decades ago. Thankfully, we’re filthy rich, so it’s not really anything to worry about.

Screenshot-30.jpg

Our final event of this chapter is, ahem, another birthday. Clay’s!

Screenshot-31.jpg

Boy, do Shawn and Cricket make cute kids together, or what? Clay is Good and Absent-Minded, and he likes Roots, Pancakes, and Purple. (I did manage to write those things down. But nothing else about this whole chapter.)

And that’s it! That’s our jigsaw puzzle. One more rather chaotic chapter to go and then we’re back on track for the home stretch of this dynasty. Toodle-oo! *collapses on floor in exhaustion*

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2019, 10:43:20 PM »
"Unless something crazy happens." Amarathin! You jinxed it!

anything