Author Topic: Mods Causing Sims to Freeze Up?  (Read 4626 times)

Offline karinadb

• Nooboo
Mods Causing Sims to Freeze Up?
« on: November 08, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
I've tried to find posts relating to this all over the internet and can't seem to find one with my particular issue. I downloaded my first mod yesterday and noticed during gameplay the mod wasn't working so deleted it. I followed the instructions to a T. Anyways it was to have a NPC gardener show up and take care of my plants. Again it didn't work, I played around with 2 different versions from the same creator with nothing working. I ended up just deleting all of the mods and going back to normal.

During all of this back and forth I think I messed up my game, every time I try and Save & Quit, or just quit my game gets stuck on the loading screen. The loading circle around the plumbob continues to move and I can hear gameplay sounds in the background but I can't do anything and the game wont shut down. I've had to force shut it down by using task manager but I'm hoping there's a way I can fix this, since using task manager every time I want to exit is not only tedious but worrisome that my game hasn't completely saved. So far it's saving just not closing.

Today I downloaded the Nraas Relativity mod and tried to redownload the gardener mod hoping after I cleared my caches and restarted my laptop  things might work but still no avail. Deleted the gardener mod (again) and reset the caches (again!) but still the game gets stuck on the save/quit screen. I also tried to travel to a different world (I have world adventures) and got stuck on the loading screen as well.

Does anybody know if this is caused by the mods and if there's anyway to fix it? I'm assuming the mods are causing it because this only happened after downloading them. Maybe I'm just not deleting them correctly?

TL;DR Sims gets stuck on save screen and I think my mods caused it, but deleting them didn't fix the problem.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Mods Causing Sims to Freeze Up?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »
It may be caused by the mods. When I am testing out mods and custom content I do so in a new fresh Sims 3 folder and new game to see if they're working correctly.

If freezing on loading screen or crashing to desktop, try clearing the game cache and try it again.

Delete Game Cache Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401809#msg401809

To delete any mods just delete them out of the mods folder. - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods And clear the game cache after to make sure all traces of the mods are gone.

* Do not delete the Resource.cfg file inside the mods folder. Mods and cc won't work without that file.

If you feel that the freezing is due to a particular mod for example an Nraas mod, you may want to ask them about it at their website - https://www.nraas.net/

If you got it from ModtheSims, go to the mod's page and ask about it in the comment section.

These sites can help with better specific mod issues.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline karinadb

• Nooboo
Re: Mods Causing Sims to Freeze Up?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:33:35 AM »
I actually got rid of everything and tried to do a "clean slate" and copy everything over one at a time and I've come to the conclusion that it's just my house hold. Not exactly sure how to fix that. I've played other families and everything works fine,  but for some reason when I play the specific one I want nothing seems to work.