Author Topic: Chess Opponent System  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Chess Opponent System
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:08:09 PM »
Hi, Does anybody know if the chess opponent/challenge system is glitched? I've been trying all day to get my sim to challenge another sim. At first the other sim kept saying "I'm busy, call back in 22 hrs." I tried resetting that sim and called again and the answer was still the same. I finally got the other sim over the next day, but now my sim seems to be locked into that same opponent even though they've matched off 3 times now.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Chess Opponent System
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:44:46 PM »
I just tested it in my game, and it seems to be working. Though I just challenged my Sim's boyfriend to a game of chess, cause I can't at the moment call to challenge another Sim yet. She's only logic 5.

I tried this in a semi-new folder, with a new test game and family that was in my library.

Have you tried resetting the town or maybe reset everything via Nraas MasterController?

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »
I didn't reset the town, but I did ask over at nraas and Igazor advised to use MC/sim/intermediate/drop opponent. I did that and the same opponent still came up. : /  I called the opponent over and this time my sim beat her and now I can get a different opponent. My sim had lost to this same opponent 3 times before and I'm wondering if that has anything to do w/it.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 02:11:15 PM »
I have since found out that your sim definitely needs to defeat the opponent in order to get a new one. Otherwise, you are locked into that opponent. Also, for the sake of others here, playing chess on the chess board is much faster in building chess skill than playing it on the computer. I made the mistake of just reading the books before and those do nothing for the chess skill.

anything