Author Topic: Faceless purple monsters? (Mods/CC Related?)  (Read 2520 times)

Offline MariahDawn

• Nooboo
Faceless purple monsters? (Mods/CC Related?)
« on: November 17, 2018, 09:36:57 PM »
Here is an example of the creature...
But seriously it is creepy and annoying. It just suddenly started happening and I have tried everything to get rid of it. Removed all CC and Mods, still there. Reset game to factory settings, still there. Repaired game, still there.
Even with the edit full mode cheat I cannot edit these sims until I click one of the present heads, then the sim is normal again. Problem is I would like these sims to look like they are supposed to and dont really have hours to edit every townie. I had about 10 in my game like this, most were randoms who I just ended up deleting. The other two were childhood friends of my sim who when they aged up into teens, they turned into that. The one I was able to save by deaging back to toddler and then to teen. the other one no matter what once he was a teen, he was purple and faceless. I even edited him in CAS with the face present and tried to tweek him to look like himself but once i was back in game he changed back into the monster again. I ended up killing him off :( I had hoped to have him as my one sims' boyfriend...
Anyways I cannot find a single thing online about this issue. Hoping someone here knows what to do! I really don't want to lose this save! it's my legacy family!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Faceless purple monsters?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »
The photo is dark enough that I'm not being able to see anything.

You mentioned doing a factory reset, but did you try a new save and new Sim without putting in any old files? Doing this will help with troubleshooting the game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 03:05:00 AM »
When you remove mods and cc you also have to delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims 4 folder. If you haven't done this try that and see if it helps.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:32:10 AM »
It seems like textures aren't loading. And the sims that use whatever texture that isn't loading will look like that. My guess is the lack of skin texture is caused by a mod that isn't compatible with the current game version, or isn't active.

... until I click one of the present heads, then the sim is normal again

As expected. Because those presets obviously dont use mods. If you've removed all mods and the issue is still there, then as Play said, deleting the localthumbcache.package file should help. Even though the mods were removed, the game is still reading from that cache file. 

But if some sims have been coded to use a fle that no longer exists, because it's a mod that's been removed, then... I dunno. It may be that they stay purple until you manually fix them. I don't run many mods on TS4. But I've got experience in other games of purple things when the texture file wasn't loading.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.