Author Topic: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21  (Read 22295 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21
« on: November 22, 2018, 04:56:28 PM »
Welcome to ...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Where the school is built over a ruined church, a church that guards the Hellmouth.

The Hellmouth, mystical portal of dark power which attracts zombies, werewolves, incubi, succubi... everything you've ever dreaded was under your bed but told yourself couldn't be by the light of day. They're all real, including vampires.

Fed up with being the youngest and least powerful of his Sire's line, Spike has come to town to create his own vampire dynasty. 
Spike: The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United, and you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here.

And where's there are vampires, there's a Slayer. One girl in all the world, a choosen one. One born with the the strength and skill to hunt the vampires...
Buffy: ... to stop the spread of their evil blah, blah, blah, I've heard it, okay?

While on her way to visit friends in Strange Town, Aaliyah's ship registered an anomalous power surge in a normally bland region of the world.  Going closer to invistigate was a mistake as another power surge took out her wormhole generator forcing her to land in a hurry. After sending a warning message to her homeworld she ran the diagnostics programme and realised there was even more damage. Now she is stuck until she can rebuild.

Notes:

Yes, I'm a Buffy fan, and I couldn't resist a Dynasty that lets me play around with the Buffyverse.

This RDC is unofficial because I want to keep my favourite mods in play.  They are all visual changes but not legal for HoF. I've listed them in a spoiler in case you are curious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 11:48:35 PM »
I'm such a Joss fan and I couldn't help but have a MASSIVE smile on my face when I saw your first screenshot of the Sunnydale sign! Your likeness of Spike is fantastic. I love Buffy and all that world, so am looking forward to this very much!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »
Great start!  I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.  I'll probably be rooting for all three of them. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
This looks good -- I love your Buffy, but will be rooting for all three.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 09:39:55 PM »
Best wishes with your RDC! I recognized Spike right away! ;D

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 07:25:50 AM »
@KTK10 Thank you, there's Buffy and Firefly cc on various sims in this world too.
@BallerinaHippo, @MarianT and @oshizu Thank you for reading

Spike week 1

An abandoned warehouse on the edge of town seemed a perfect place to start, so Spike moved in and set about building a new life.

First on the list was some immortal company.  The old vamp on the hill was too much like his sire's line for comfort but the young vamps in town were a much better prospect.  A bit of chatting and some vamp training was all it took to convince them to move in.

It didn't take long to pursuade Lillith that he would make a great father, and so he started on his bloodline.

Meet Spike's heir, Saul Marsters

Next on the agenda was some vampiric offspring of his own.  As always a nightclub seemed the best place to look for candidates.  It was not quite The Bronze, but The Muckery proved to be a fertile hunting ground.

Lillith insisted on a painting club, thankfully they also made great food.  Here's her favourite:
She also joined the fashion influencer career.  Having seen some of the clothing choices Spike's offspring had made, she felt it was vital to improve the local style.

In order to maintain his connections to the underworld, Spike joined the criminal career and quickly rose through the ranks.
He made it to level 5 (Minor Crimlord) by the end of the week.

Caleb was not forgotten, he joined the food critic career, looked after Saul, worked on his Vampire skills and fished a lot.  The Garden Gnomes proved quite tasty, and willing to lend a wrist.

As the week continued and the offspring became newly fledged vampires, Spike was able to train them (and adjust their fashion choices).  In fact things went so well that he finished his vampire family aspiration within the week (just) and was able to get full sunlight resistance.

The garden was flourishing too, with garlic, wolfsbane and mosquito traps fully grown and fruiting, a plasma tree nearly mature and cow plant & dragon fruit planted.

And there we must leave them, at 5:10 on Sunday morning, because the next family is calling.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 26 Nov 18
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 05:13:30 PM »
Aaliyah Week 1

After hastily converting her broken ship into a house, Aaliyah set about gaining the knowledge she needed to make the repairs.  To this end she entered the science career and started researching the local rocket ship text books.  This soon proved boring so she tried contacting any other aliens who were on the planet.  She found a few and they all gathered at a local library to exchange knowledge.  The only male was quite unpleasant (active, mean, glutton) but one of the females was very compatible and willing to join Aaliyah in her quest.

They all agreed to join an entity called a 'club' and together they built a space worthy vessel.

Kimberley found Leonard less incompatible than Aaliyah had and soon she was pregnant.

Aaliyah doubled her efforts and eventually discovered the correct upgrade needed to visit the holiday world 'Sixam'. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She got lucky and found a more genial male on the planet. After a little logical discourse Lincoln agreed to return with her and father her child.  They formalised their mating in a quaint local ceremony called a 'Wedding'
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Even the guests behaved themselves and sat through the ceremony

There was a strange lack of Sims working as scientists, although her club mate Joyce was the receptionist so she had company.  Thankfully after setting fire to a chair while testing the transform function on her Sim-ray, the Lab Director turned up.
However, despite completing all her daily tasks, promotion became more elusive, so she started treating it like all the other jobs and just turning up.

The house by this point was quite crowded and an overhaul was implemented. 

Later that week, some friends came to visit.  They were testing a prototype designed to counter the effects of the power surges.   
It seemed to be working and after a pleasant visit Aaliyah came home even more determined to complete her own rocket.

While all this was happening, young Ariadne (Kimberley and Leonard's child) aged up into a charming toddler.

So at the end of her 1st week on the planet, Aaliyah has reached level 4 scientist, married and become pregnant, and fully upgraded her rocket ship.  She has also spent satisfaction points on Steel Bladder and Antiseptic.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 5 December 18
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 06:47:45 AM »
You are moving through this so fast! Well done. I loved Spike and I am very much looking forward to seeing how their toddler ages into a boy! Aaliyah looks very interested as well. I always love how you build your homes, it spreads inspiration!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 15 December 18
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 06:45:39 PM »
Buffy Week 1

Having accepted that being the Slayer was unavoidable, Buffy set about being the best Slayer ever.  First stop was the gym, partly to get fit and partly to meet other Sims.  She was successful on both counts.

The members of the Powerhouse club were there and Buffy soon made friends, especially with Paolo.

Paolo and Marcus accepted her invitation to move in, and brought along their housemates, Jade & Eva.  With the Scooby Gang in place, and her friendship with Paolo growing, Buffy turned here attention to work.  A school career day (BtVS s2 ep 9: What's my line? pt 1) had suggested that Law Enforcement would be a good choice for her so she went ahead and joined the Detective career.

Some things in life seem destined to repeat themselves, so I guess it was no great surprise to Buffy when she found out that Paolo was a vampire.  And, just like with Angel, it didn't stop them getting intimate, in fact they become parents as well as girlfriend and boyfriend.

With Marcus taking the role of Watcher, Buffy was kept neck deep in vampire research.  Paolo is supposed to be studying too! 

Marcus copes much better with tame vampires than Giles ever did.

Knowing that she would have to cure vampires to earn her place as a Slayer, Buffy started a garden with all the plants she found mentioned in the Lore books.  By the end of the week even the Plasma Trees were ready to harvest.

Eventually all the research paid off and Buffy maxed Vampire Lore.  Paolo insisted on testing the Vampire Cure drink so Buffy mixed him one.

It turns out Paolo was worried that Buffy wouldn't take a relationship with a vampire seriously and as soon as he was Sim again, he proposed.  They don't feel any great hurry to marry.

Working as a Detective was harder than expected.  Buffy only managed 2 promotions, ending the week on level 3.

The best bit though, was when Buffy went to a crime scene.  At the BFF house in Willow Creek, she found 2 of the witnesses were... Spike Marsters and Aaliyah Oakes. So I have a pic of all 3 founders together.

I decided to have the baby at hospital so we could get the certificate.  Meet Dawn Summers.
She made it to toddler by the end of the week. 

I just got time to change her clothes, pics will follow next Slayer turn, as will pics of the house.

Jade and Eva are less visible in the story but still important members of the house.  They have both had promotions in their jobs, Jade is working on the last level of Painter Extraordinaire, and Eva is on the last level of Bestselling Author.

Time to switch back to the Vampires, with Buffy 1 fitness level away from completing Bodybuilder, only a level 3 Detective (Corporal), but having a working Slayers Garden.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 04:25:08 PM »
Ooohh I'm wondering if Dawn will be a vampire? Unless I'm wrong that Paolo was still a vamp when Buffy was pregnant? Loved the reference to "What's My Line" episode of BTVS... I'm going to keep my eyes open for Willow and Oz!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 03:00:38 PM »
Eee, love this!  Love all the Buffy references.  Spike was always my favorite. Well, one of them. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out! (I can't seem to choose who I want to win XD)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 18
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »
@KTK10  You're not wrong :)  There were little bats round Dawn when she was born.  Good job the Vampire Cure works.  Not sure about Willow and Oz, but I'm planning for other Slayers - how many can you remember?
@Shewolf13  Thank you for reading, I'll put you down for Team Everybody then.

Spike Week 2 - Mostly about Saul

Toddler Saul was really quite sweet.  He took to learning like a vampire to plasma.

In a short space of time he had maxed Thinking, Communication and Potty and aged up to child.

A quick change of clothes, and he was ready to start his child aspiration – Social butterfly.  It took him less than a day (I didn't time it) and his last action was to make friends with Elsa Bergsen.  Lucas Munch is his BFF.

His choice of clothes still being a bit suspect, another trip to the wardrobe was called for, and he is now ready to embark on his unique aspiration: Chief of Mischief.  He even joined the Renegades club to see if it would help.

He become good friends with Morgan Fyres in the process, and it turns out he finds her especially tasty, so not wife material, decent food is too good to waste.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Picking the people to dislike him was easy, after all which vampire likes a slayer? (Well apparently several, but lets not go there.)

When he went to make himself disagreeable to Aaliyah, he discovered that alien abductions were still a thing.  Didn't stop him from being mean though.

Mischief took him to the Garden of Healing to clog a drain, so while he was there he used the Well to guarantee himself a B grade on his next school day.

Mischief was managed by the end of the week, and he too picked Vampire Family as his bloodline option.  He got some training with his Dad, and spent some time meditating with both Spike and Caleb.

While he is waiting for the next school day, he has started working on his unique skills, Video Gaming and Programming.

Spike has had a good week too.  He started working on Master Vampire which took him back to the Muckery to fight with some of his offspring.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

That, lots of detect personality and reading the Ultimate Vampire Compendium eventually got him to Master Vampire, and he picked Influence Emotions level 1 and Mist Form as his tier 5 powers.  Eternal Sadness and Nightmare sleep are his last weaknesses.

He got 2 more promotions at work and is now level 7 in the Boss branch (Getaway Driver).

Lillith took photo's of him in Sim and Vampire form and actually painted a masterpiece of each, so that's the pictures sorted and in the museum. 

Lillith is still in love with Spike (unlike Dru), so he took her to the Romance Festival to show his appreciation. He also picked all the flowers available which netted him plenty of Birds of Paradise to fertilise the garden.

The garden is expanding, because gaining an orchid to use to make a death flower is proving difficult.  Spike is also spending much of his free time reading gardening books.  He wants level 10 so he can buy the rare seed packets. Here's hoping.

So at the end of week 2, Spike needs to max his career and grow a Death Flower. Saul needs do quite a lot but he has made a good start.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 18
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »
Wow, moving along so quickly!  That's awesome.  lol and yes, team everybody, for now.  I don't know, maybe sometime down the line, I'll be able to choose XD For now, I'll just enjoy all of them!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 7 Jan 19
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 07:00:15 AM »
Aaliyah Week 2

Jonathon was born before this week started and Aaliyah was delighted not to be pregnant any more.

She cared for him as much as she could in between the activities necessary to her continuing success at work and those she needed to ensure the success of her family. 

The success of her family was now a matter of concern to the government of her home-world and they sent a special envoy to fill her in on the new situation. 

They also gave her a list of new criteria that would have to be met before her genetic line could be allowed to returned to the planet.

Some of the tasks were very pleasant, like learning to cook
and going on romantic dates with her husband so that her alien abilities of Hardly Hungry and Seldom Sleepy could be re-acquired.  She discovered that she enjoyed the 'kissing' activity even if it looked a little strange to start with.

Other tasks were less attractive, such as cleaning up after the toddlers missed the potty.

In time Jonathon aged up into an inquisitive toddler.
He spent a lot of time watching the adults in the house and chatting to the very friendly dragon. 
Eventually he had learned all he could at this stage about thinking and communicating, and after some focused work with his father, he mastered the basic self care expected of his age group and was allowed to progress to the next stage.

He continued to focus on his communication skills as a child, and soon became so fluent in the local language and customs that he was named a Social Butterfly, a special award from his home-world, only given to the most able communicators, and one that guaranteed him entry to the space programme once he reached adulthood.

His transition to the next life stage went smoothly.

Ariadne was not forgotten in all this, her parents had other aims for her and delayed her change to childhood so she could learn everything possible at the toddler stage. She became a Top-Notch Toddler, a rare accomplishment usually only achieved by a few children from the most wealthy home-world families.

Her favourite activity was flying on her fathers back

Aaliyah knew that her home-world government would expect proof that the tasks had been completed, so she spent some of their hard earned money building a special room. Inaccessible to people outside the genetic line, it would house the items that they needed to collect. She started the collection with portraits of herself.  Thankfully her husband was an accomplished painter.

So at the end of week 2, Aaliyah has completed all her requirements except maxing the career, which is nearly level 6.  Jonathon is about to start his teen/move out requirements.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 18 Jan 19
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 07:36:08 AM »
Buffy Week 2

Well it's been a busy week in the Slayer house. With the help of her Watcher, Buffy has maxed fitness and therefore the Body Builder aspiration.

She managed 2 career promotions to reach level 5(Senior Detective) and is part way to level 6.

Marcus decided to test her slaying skills and took her to a nightclub to search for vampires
Buffy: There's one
Marcus: How can you tell?
Buffy: Oh, please! Look at his jacket ... and the shirt! Deal with that outfit for a moment.
Marcus: It's dated?
Buffy: It's carbon dated. Trust me, only someone living underground for ten years would think that was still the look.

So with more success than her first slaying experience with Giles, Buffy removes the vamp from Caleb.
Paolo was more than happy to engage Rania in conversation while Buffy made a cure, and Hakim just happened to walk by at the right/wrong time.  If anyone knows what Buffy is using to hit Hakim with, please let me know.

Thanks to Jade finally managing to paint a half decent portrait, Buffy has everything finished except her career and it's time to turn our attention to Dawn.

Even as a toddler, she thought deep thoughts,
But she played a lot too
and with some help from the rest of the household with the potty skill she soon maxed her toddler skills

Her birthday fell on Midsummers Night (appropriate for the Summers family)
Which meant she could work on her motor skills to the flickering light of the bonfire while the adults enjoyed a barbecue and some dancing.
Marcus was careful to make sure the bonfire was safely out at the end of the day

She spent some quality time with her dad on the roller skating rink.  They had fun with the synchronised falling over.

Eventually she finished her aspiration and had her teen birthday
From the side I think she got her fathers chin

Now she was old enough, Buffy sat her down and explained the Slayer thing to her.  It was a lot to take in and Dawn made good use of her journal to sort out her feelings before starting work on her Scouting badges and Leader of the Pack aspiration. (She joined the Paragons and took control of the Slayers club.)

So at the end of week 2, Buffy is half way through her career with everything else done.  Dawn is a Unicorn scout and at level 3 in her aspiration. She has 3 good friends as well as being good friends with Buffy.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 18 Jan 19
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 07:38:59 AM »
House photos
I promised pics of the slayers house but I hit the picture limit for the first time ever!

Ground Floor – Main living space with a garden in the middle.

1st floor – Slayers museum waiting to be filled

Roof up

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 20 Jan 19
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »
Spike Week 3 – Hardly anything about Spike

Spike had a quiet week, he enjoyed New Skill day, Talk like a Pirate day and the Harvest.
He bonded with his bees,
he maxed Gardening and bought loads of rare seed packets which thankfully gave him a Death Flower to plant,
and he gained a promotion
that's it.

Saul has had a much busier time.
He got his A grade and joined the Barista career.
He programmed to level 9,
he played games to level 7 and he went through phases.

More importantly, he made enemies with Dawn
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
and Jonathon.

Unluckily for Eva, angry teen vamps can't control the urge to drink.

Saul has also planted some Dragon Fruit, he plans to use the produce as his museum collection.

Caleb quite likes being Sim again.
He can still nap in a coffin but he can also enjoy the gourmet food he cooks for his Food Critic career.  Unfortunately he now has to provide food for the whole house, although none of them find him especially tasty.

The house has grown to accomodate everything, and Lillith has managed some masterpieces to put in the museum.

They mostly live in the basement,

With skilling and club stuff on the ground floor.

It's turned into a busy warehouse complex.

So at the end of week 3 Spike has everything except a full grown and flowering Death Flower and 2 more promotions. Saul needs 1 more level of programming, 3 more levels of video gaming, to max his teen career and to sort his museum items.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 26 Jan 19
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »
Aaliyah Week 3

This week it was Mckinley's turn to update home-world on the progress they had made.  She was happy to report the many advances they had achieved.

Ariadne started the week by moving on to the next life stage.  Her smooth transition set her up for a very productive week

She worked hard on all the child specific qualifications that were recognised by home-world, and by the end of the week she had completed the Whiz Kid, Social Butterfly and Artistic Prodigy certificates. These would allow her entry into any of the scientific, communications or creative careers on offer.  She still plans to acquire the Rambunctious Scamp certificate to allow entry into the physical careers such as law enforcement.

While she was working for the Social Butterfly certificate, she visited the Summers home.  Jonathan accompanied her.  While Ari spent some quality time with Buffy,

Jonathan discovered that Dawn was a strange hybrid creature, one that closely resembled the terrifying monsters from his home-world's past.  Fear became anger, and he told her exactly what he thought of her.
Her ability to fly confirmed her species
and he declared his undying hatred and determination to extinguish her kind from the planet.

Jonathan continued his research into the cultures and customs of the planet by examining the Selvadoradan culture.  Mckinley accompanied  him on the first trip but he made another on his own and plans several more.
 He is now over half way through the Jungle Explorer qualification, but he didn't neglect his studies of the culture close to his home base and continued to go to 'school' where his hard work resulted in the 'A-grade' reward and 2 achievement trophies.

He has ambitious plans to transplant the plants from Sixam to the local soils to see how it affects their growth, so he made a couple of trips through the wormhole.  His last trip resulted in the collection of glow fruit seeds, but he nearly got stranded there, making it home at 5.58am on the last Sunday morning.

In preparation for the plant experiments he started studying the local gardening techniques and books on the flowers of this planet.
He even made an arrangement of the flowers which he sold to help finance the trips to Selvadorada.

Somehow he found time to pose for photographs of his true and disguised forms so that his father could document them properly.  The completed masterpieces now hang in the archive.

Aaliyah continued to work hard at her career and spent a lot of time at home working with the invention constructor, trying to find ways to integrate the local technology with that of her home-world.

Mckinley also worked hard at her career, which was recognised by her superiors and rewarded with a promotion.
She continued to increase her understanding of the primitive local computers until she was able to exploit them in many interesting ways.

The Autumn Equinox occurred in the middle of the week and the family celebrated it as best they could with the resources available to them.  It seemed the planet was celebrating with them as it provided deafening sonic booms and earth-shaking electricity charges.

At the end of Week 3 Aaliyah needs 3 promotions, while Jonathan has his A-grade and enemies in place, is part way through his aspiration and unique skills, and has 2 of his 3 good friends. He hasn't started on his collection yet.

Notes:  The Equinox holiday was held on a day of 'mysterious' weather which included a thunderstorm, even though I had turned thunderstorms and blizzards off in the seasons settings.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 8 Feb 19
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 08:40:08 AM »
Buffy Week 3

The week started well for Dawn, she worked on her charisma and finally completed her aspiration to be Leader of the Pack.

However she just couldn't shake the memories of the fights she had been in with Saul and Jonathan.  Saul was just a nasty vampire, but she felt that Jonathan's reaction to her had been extreme and she didn't like making someone feel so bad.  She wrote it all down in her journal (of course).
then spoke to Mum.  Buffy reminded her of her Dad's choice and Dawn leapt at the chance.

No longer a vampire, Dawn found she had new energy to devote to the other things she wanted to do.  (Because a Book of Life doesn't fill vampire energy or thirst). She maxed out her handiness skill and along the way produced 7 high value ornaments.

She became a top rank 'Lamacorn' Scout.  (And discovered that you could take out the same bit of rubbish over and over).

She had fun with Dad in Granite Falls
She got her A grade at school despite a mood swing
And she logged it all in her journal.

The other major event of the week was the Winter Feast.  Buffy and Paolo were fortunate enough to get the same day off and had plenty of fun in the snow. 
Then the house was decorated
Presents were opened
and a Grand Meal was enjoyed.
Later that day Father Winter visited, and Eva got very friendly with him
until 'puff', he was gone.

Alongside all the fun, work was done.  Buffy got 2 promotions and is now a level 7 Lieutenant

While Eva and Paolo are both at level 9 of their respective careers.

Watchers Note:
While panning round the house, I spotted this touching scene.  Caleb and his Significant Other (forgotten her name) snuck away for a romantic break.  This definitely influenced some of the events in the Vampire Week 4.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 01:43:54 PM »
Just getting caught back up with this story.  I still can't choose a favorite.  It looks like Spike might have the advantage in his career right now, but that could change. 

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 08:10:14 AM »
@BallerinaHippo Thank you for commenting, and yes, the vampires are doing very well at the moment.

Spike Week 4/Saul Week 1

The vampires had a very good week.  It seems the Wishing Well quite likes the bad boys.

This allowed Spike to max his career before the end of the week

and Saul got his last promotion as a Barista.

He aged up to young adult while still working on his skills and collection and so started his adult job, and duly gained his 1st promotion.

He took lots of holidays to max his skills

and finally decided on his museum collection.

Despite Spike's objections, Saul took over leadership of the family club and left home on Thursday night.

Finally in his own home, Saul's first task was to find the mother of his heir.  He filled the club with all the female vamps in town and started a gathering.  The best match was Ulrike Faust, who has good traits and some levels of painting skill.

A bit of fun in a coffin

and confetti!

Saul was very happy to get the news

Overjoyed to be having a baby, Ulrike managed 2 promotions before the week ended.

Remember that sweet moment between Caleb and his significant other outside the slayers house, well I decided that as they loved each other so much I'd move her in (still can't remember her name) along with their child.  I built a small apartment for them in the other warehouse and Caleb got to enjoy family life.  He also complete his aspiration and gained another promotion.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

So at the end of Week 4, Gen 2 has moved out, started his family, garden, aspiration and career.  The vampires are looking good.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 23 April 19
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 07:45:25 AM »
Aaliyah Week 4

A very bitty report this week, our watcher got distracted playing another game (Lord of the Rings online) and didn't take enough photo's.  Thankfully none of us were required to report in with Home-world so we are not in trouble there.

However, there was progress on all fronts.  I gained another promotion leaving me with just 2 more before I reach the top of my career.

I also aged up to the life-stage this planet calls 'Adult'.  Despite being older I do not feel much different than before and still have plenty of energy.  There are no foreseeable obstacles to stop me completing all my tasks before the end of next week.

My First Lieutenant, Mckinley, reached the top of her career and as it coincided with a local celebration called 'Night on the Town', we went out to celebrate.  Mckinley's mate refused to disguise himself but thankfully none of the staff or other diners seemed bothered.  Jonathan was able to become good friends with Ariadne during the meal.  I'm hoping she will be a good mate for him.

Jonathan worked steadily at his tasks.  He gained a promotion in his part-time career

He continued to work on his garden and planted the last of his test flora in the museum pots.

Local rumours and hints found in the gardening and flower books led him to investigate an artefact called 'The Wishing Well'.  His research paid off and it promoted him to the top of his career.  I may investigate this strange item myself if I get the time.

At the end of my 4th week on the planet I need 2 more promotions in my career.  Jonathan needs 2 more levels of gardening and 3 of flower arranging, and 2 more visits to the temple to complete his investigations of the Selvadoradian culture.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 16 May 19
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 08:33:43 AM »
Buffy Week 4/ Dawn Week 1

It has been a very busy week in the Slayer household.  There has been an abduction, many birthdays, an engagement, a house move, a pregnancy, several promotions and some skill gains.

1st up was Marcus's elder birthday, he was not impressed by the back ache but didn't let it stop him from exercising at every opportunity

While that was happening, Dawn was working on her last unique skill.  She picked DJ Mixing and joined the Spin Masters club.  It gave her 2 benefits, she maxed the skill in under 2 days and she met Joaquin Le Chein.

With 2 unique skill maxed, Dawn was ready for her young adult birthday. Soon after that it was Eva's turn.

The next day Dawn started her new job and got her first promotion.

Promotions and birthdays came thick and fast after this. Buffy used the well and it gave her an instant promotion.

Ariadne was invited round by Buffy and encouraged to age up.  She was more than happy to comply and gained the Dog Lover trait.

Then Jade aged up to adult

Buffy went back to the well and it gave her a guaranteed promotion at the end of her next shift.  In fact it did it twice.  Now the founder's household contains 2 Chiefs of Police.

While this was going on, Dawn and Joaquin were working on their relationship. It grew so much they felt ready to get engaged.

Then they hit a snag.
2 weeks previously, Mckinley Eddy had reported to her home-world the discovery of monsters long thought extinct. This prompted her government to investigate and so they abducted the creature in question.  The scientists on the mission where very happy to discover that Dawn was not the same species that terrified and nearly exterminated their ancestors millennia ago and that it was a misunderstanding.  Dawn was very happy to be returned home unharmed.

Having survived her abduction unscathed, and with everything else in place, Dawn turned her back on her parents home and moved into a place of her own on Friday of Buffy's 4th week in town.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 08:38:05 AM »
Buffy Week 4/ Dawn Week 1 (continued)

Knowing that she couldn't take over the mantle of 'The Slayer' all by herself, Dawn quickly moved in her fiancée Joaquin and her good friend Siobhan.  Then she employed a builder to make them somewhere to live.  The resulting house was small and cosy but contained everything they needed.

Soon after moving in, Dawn became pregnant, and she took every opportunity to eat strawberries and listen to pop music, encouraged by Buffy.

Thankfully she was still able to exercise for her daily task and the whole household went to the gym with the senior scoobies so that they could work on their fitness

She chose to follow her dad into the Professional Athlete career when she got her next promotion.  Her parents came round to celebrate with cake.

At the end of week 4, Dawn has moved out, got pregnant, reached level 5 (Minor Leaguer) in her career, planted her slayer's garden and completed 2 tiers of the Fitness aspiration.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »
Saul Week 2

Life is good if you are a bad vampire.  You get to turn the Slayer's husband for one

as well as some random strangers, the bloke is called Tarsus Kost.

Tarsus gets invited to join The Family and brings a very unusual housemate with him.

Thankfully Sans can sleep in a coffin, because there are no beds in the house.

Meanwhile your son, born during a non-played week, get to age up to toddler and be given a decent name.  Meet Jacob Marsters.

While The Family is working hard to get Jacob through his toddler skills, you get a promotion, as does your wife

The hard work pays off, and Jacob maxes his toddler skills.
What can I say, he's a wild toddler (shrug).

After aging to child
he starts work on his aspiration by making Max Villaeal his BFF
and kills 2 birds with one stone by becoming good friends with Spike (2nd adult friend, good friends with founder)

You keep working hard and soon get a 2nd promotion, as well as finishing all the requirements for the Vampire Family aspiration.

To celebrate, you take your son fishing and catch a Dragon fruit

Nobody in The Family is allowed to slack, and Tarsus and Sans keep working on their freelance careers while your darling wife gets another promotion.

You end the week as a level 6 DigiThief, with all plants except death flower, and nearly a Grand Master Vampire.  Your heir ends the week ready to age to a teen.  Yes, life is good when you are a bad vampire.

Watchers Note:  I just love the random sights that Sims 4 can give you.  Here's one for you viewing pleasure:

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 June 19
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
Turning the slayer's husband-- that's awesome.  Of course she'll cure him, but it's the thought that counts.   ;)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 June 19
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »
Aaliyah Week 5/Jonathan Week 1

The natives of this planet have a saying about struggling through a sticky food substance, “wading through treacle” I believe it is.  Certainly this interesting metaphor aptly describes my last week at home.

It took until Thursday before my Mother, Captain Aaliyah, reached the top of her career. This despite consulting the strange entity known as 'The Wishing Well'.

It took me even longer to learn all I could about gardening and flower arranging, to the point where I had reached the life-stage that this planet considers fully mature before I finished my research.

My last trip to Selvadorada, while successful in terms of collecting the treasure I needed, left me infected by a strange poison.  Luckily my knowledge of the culture was sufficient for me to self-diagnose the condition and I was able to procure the anti-dote before I came home again.

Father was called on to report to home-world at the very beginning of the week.
He returned acting strangely and in his debrief described how they had chosen him for an unusual experiment.
 The result of this experiment was revealed 3 days later when Apollo was born (although we had all deduced the likely outcome long before then). 
While this experiment did prove the hypothesis of childbirth keeping you young to be correct, he still aged up to his final life-stage before I graduated to my own ship.

To keep him company through the experiment, and to maintain crew numbers, 1st Lieutenant Mckinley and her mate decided to generate another progeny. This successfully resulted in the birth of Augustus.

Thankfully, by Friday I had proved that my knowledge and experience were sufficient, and I was granted my own plot of land and Captaincy of my own ship.

My first decision as Captain was to invite Ariadne over. She felt ready to move up to the next life-stage and as a captain can promote anyone, I inducted her into Young Adulthood.  She joined the crew and we sat to discuss our mission objectives.

We concluded that it would be a more effective use of time to start the next generation before conducting the formal ceremonies that would see us joined as mates as well as crew members. 

So at the end of Captain Aaliyah's 5th week on this planet, all her tasks are complete and I, Jonathan Oakes, have assumed my own command. My ship is built and partly upgraded (I'm still working on the Landing Computer), my mate is pregnant with our first offspring, and I have regained the control over bladder and hygiene that come naturally to our species when we live on Home-world.  Hopefully the 'treacle' days are over.

Watchers note: I've been hit with the 'no UI in screenshots' bug :(.  I hope they fix it soon.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 1 August 19
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Despite my antipathy for vampires and all things connected with them, Buffy was a huge drawer.  (I know, how can you hate vampires and love Buffy?)  So I started reading and was caught up and binge read the whole thing.  Wow!  Great story and way to pull in so many of my favorite sims.  Buffy is, of course, awesome.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 1 August 19
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
Hi @Joria, thanks for reading.

A super short update this time and sorry it's taken so long to get it uploaded.  Enjoy.

Dawn Week 2

There were a few 1sts and 2nds this week.

Things like Joaquin's 1st meal as a vampire

Siobhan being the 2nd person to get pregnant. Clubmate Hachiro Maki is the dad.  It helps to make up for him being Joaquin's main meal.

Dawn completing her 2nd aspiration, Body Builder.
And curing her 1st vampire.  It doesn't count as a Slayer kill though as Joaquin was a very willing volunteer to test the 1st batch of Cure Vampire potion.

Faith having her 1st birthday, ageing up to a cute toddler.
Maxing her 1st skill – imagination, and her 2nd – movement, as well as Potty training.
Then having her 2nd birthday
A quick change of clothes and she is ready to start her 1st aspiration – Artistic Prodigy.  I think the whole household was glad when she stopped playing the violin.
Soon it is time for her 3rd birthday, her 1st job – Scout and her 2nd aspiration – Friend of the World.  She also got her 1st tattoo, and after some thought, changed her name to honour the Slayer who was her namesake. She added a 2nd surname to become Faith Lehane-Summers.

While Faith was working hard on her 1st, 2nd (and 3rd) sets of tasks, there were several promotions.  Dawn got to Professional Athlete level 7, Siobhan got to Business level 5 and Joaquin got to Musician Level 5. The promotion pictures are less interesting when there is no UI to show what they have just achieved.

In the mist of the Wedding preparations, Nicholas Fyres aged up to toddler and was just old enough to see Dawn and Joaquin tie the knot.

So 1 week after moving house, Dawn has reached level 7 in her career, finished her aspiration, raised her daughter to teen, got married and learned all there is to know about Vampire Lore.  Faith has become good friends with Buffy, completed half her aspiration and become a level 2 (Griffon) Scout.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 12 October 19
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2019, 12:37:42 AM »
I just got caught up on your story. Your rival dynasties are moving like wildfire!
Pretty sure I'll be changing my mind now and then but right now I'm Team Alien because....Jonathan.
What a surprise, by the way, when Jonathan's father got pregnant after being abducted.
I'd always thought the Senior Pollinator Technician could only get to non-alien males. Good to know!

P.S. If you're using Widows, you can use the PrtScrn feature to capture the UI though it's a clunkier process.
@reggikko says she can capture the game UI in screenshots using Frapps.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2019, 09:09:28 AM »
Thanks Oshizu, 

I have occasionally used screen print but you're right, it is clunky.  Will investigate Frapps though.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »
Was really happy to see Joaquin cured of vampirism!  Even happier to see him married to the lovely Dawn.  Adorableness in the person of faith.  Is there anything cuter than toddlers?  She certainly aged up to be a successful beauty.  Missed reading the whole thing about the alien abduction and subsequent birth so that was good to see as well.  Who knew even aliens could be abducted and impregnated?  You're moving along nicely and have great story lines going.  Don't know which family I like more!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 26 October 19
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2019, 06:31:53 PM »
Saul Week 3 (as narrated by Jacob)

I achieved a lot this week, becoming a teenager helped.

Did you know that it's fun to mess with the Slayer's family?

First I messed with her daughter, I mean I really messed with her daughter.

Then I got peckish while out clubbing and ate her husband, not the tastiest meal ever but in many ways more satisfying.

Faith wasn't the only girl I kissed, you know I can be quite charming when I want.  I kissed a few boys too and definitely enjoyed messing with their heads.

The messing around helped alleviate the boredom of school and work (I got a promotion in both thank you), but I know that in the future I will need other options so I went fishing to see if I could catch the ones that get away, and to get into the right mood I started practising yoga.  Now I can sit with Zen-like calm in the centre of a chaotic hurricane of Sims, or maybe like a spider in the middle of it's web while all the little Sims get caught.  Hmm, I think I see a life of villainy ahead, Father will be so proud.

Father's achievement this week was to get a promotion at work and start growing a Death Flower, oh and he became a Master Vampire, choosing Influence Emotions and Immortal Pleasures as his tier 5 powers.  More importantly Mother painted masterpiece portraits of me in both Sim and Dark form, proving I'm handsome as well as charming.  Once I've collected a suitable contribution, I'll add them to the family museum at Grandfather's house.

Oh, you were wondering about the house layout? Well as you can see, I have my own small room for practising yoga and romancing Sims, other skill building happens in the main warehouse and The Family live in the basement where the food is not allowed to go.  The only one who eats downstairs is Sans, but he's weird at the best of times.

At the end of this week, I have a B grade in school, I'm at level 2 in my job (fast food), I have completed the first of my life's aspirations (Serial Romantic), made an enemy in the Slayer's house, reached level 4 in Wellness and level 3 in Fishing, and have both my portraits ready for the museum. Father is a Grandmaster Vampire with a complete Vampire Garden (although the Death Flower has not yet given us a flower), and is at level 7 of his career.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »
The return of your UI!  PrintScreen or Frapps?
Saul accomplished so much in a week!
Great job on smooching your way to the Player bonus trait, Saul!

How are your three bloodlines progressing relative to each other?
Are they generally keeping pace or is one considerably ahead?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
@oshizu, I was using screenprint and paint because I couldn't be bothered to learn a new programme.  As far as bloodline progress, Vamps & Slayers are roughly level but Aliens are about a week behind :(

Jonathan Week 2

It was Mckinley's turn to make a report this week, thankfully we had gone round to visit and were able to brief her before she was transported.
While we where there, Ariadne took charge of the necessary development of her brother Augustus (darker skin) and my half-brother Apollo (paler skin), and was able to age them up to toddler before we left.  We are contemplating moving them in with us to complete their education.

There were many useful developments for Mckinley to transmit to home-world.  I had completed all the required upgrades on the rocket ship, and with some intense negotiation managed to persuade The Wishing Well to grant me 4 promotions at work.  I am now at level 6 in the native space programme and garanteed a promotion at the end of my next working day.  It is interesting to study the development of space travel on this planet and compare it to the historical records of our own early space-faring days.

I also aquired control over hunger and tiredness as is usual for our species.

The continuation of our genetic line is going very well. Our daughter Eva aged to a toddler partway through the week and learned all the necessary skills of that age-group in an acceptable timeframe.

She very swiftly worked through the requirements of the 'Social Butterfly' certificate and will almost certainly follow me into the native space exploration programme.

Her transition to the next life-stage happened during a local festival known as the 'Winter Feast'.  In the interest of learning as much as possible about the customs of this planet we joined in the celebrations.  It was a vey enjoyable experience.

Her first decision in this new life-stage was to study the culture and environment of the people in the vicinity of our land.  To this end she will work to become competent in the cultural skills of Singing and DJ Mixing, and will collect samples of the local minerals, flora and fauna to compare with the ones from home-world.  She will also collect either space rocks or animals while practicing for her space-pilot exam.

She made a start on these tasks by singing in her room.

Accordingly, 6 weeks after Captain Aaliyah became stranded on this planet, I have completed all the tasks expected of me except reaching the top level of my career, and Eva has started the complex set of tasks required of an adolescent.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 20 November 19
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2019, 01:20:32 PM »
That was some fancy footwork with your alien bloodline!
Teen Eva is gorgeous but so are her parents, Jonathan and Ariadne!
Love how she got J's dark skin with Eva's blond hair!
I'm #TeamAlien so I'm glad to see that they are catching up!  Yaaayyyy!

(Like you, I never learned Frappe and good thing for both of us, since it's incompatible with Windows 10.
Thankfully, we can take UI screenshots with the in-game camera again!)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 20 November 19
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 06:41:28 AM »
Dawn Week 3

We made nice steady progress this week, nothing spectacular but plenty of achievements. I got 2 promotions at work and am now the Most Valuable Player on the team. 

Joaquin got 3 promotions and has just taken up his new position in the San Myshuno Symphonic Orchestra. 

Siobhan is now a Futures Trader.

Faith worked hard at school and improved her grades greatly during the week

She still leads a very active social life. In fact she gets on so well with Siobhan that they declared themselves best friends.  She has also added her good friends Chi Falk and Aminah Nahas to the Hunters club.

Her practical skills are improving too.  She has taught herself to cook and can produce the most amazing meals, and she has tried lots of different activities while doing her Scout badges.

Happy New Year everyone

At the end of this week, Dawn needs 1 more promotion and to prove her abilities by slaying 3 vampires.  Faith needs 1 scout badge, a second skill, a second enemy and her museum collection.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 19
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2019, 05:24:59 PM »
Saul Week 4

It's amazing what a week of hard work can achieve.  It's even better when spiced with a bit of luck. I made it to the top of my career due to this combination.

Jacob finally knuckled down and worked hard at school, job and skills.

He also started creating his own vampire offspring.  His first choice was poor Hakim, who was 'slain' by Buffy a few weeks ago.  His second was a random female stall vendor.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Ulrike also got some promotions

The weirdness surrounding Sans continues.  He disappeared in a flash of light only to be returned a few hours later.  Unfortunately he seems as erratic as ever.

Jacob thought the strange people in the eastern district were responsible for Sans' abduction and took it out on the teen in the family.

I wish mother was still working as a stylist, because I saw this the other day, oh dear.

We also had some very strange weather, Tarsus was the only one brave enough (or foolish enough) to go out in it.  1 sim got struck by lightening and Caleb lost his umbrella.  Soon afterwards Tarsus came back inside.

Jacob will be leaving home soon, everything is done except finishing his museum collection and he is eager to start his own life.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 19
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2019, 06:27:45 PM »
The vampires are doing so well!
Gratz to Saul and Ulrike on maxing their careers!
That shot of the female vamp in her hospital gown with gloves and shades cracked me up!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 24 January 20
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2020, 06:13:57 PM »
Jonathan Week 3

At the start of this week, Ariadne was summoned to home-world.  Apparently government officials are becoming concerned that we are not progressing fast enough and wished to express their concerns most forcibly to one of us in person. 

I took some time to inform Captain Aaliyah of this development while practising a logic puzzle popular on this planet.

With the admonitions of home-world ringing in our ears, we all dug into our tasks.  Ariadne herself gained 2 promotions and painted portraits of Eva in her natural form and in the disguise she uses on this planet.

With the aid of the wishing well along with my own hard work, I attained 3 promotions. I am now the chief law enforcement officer for an entire sector and just 1 promotion away from running the whole Space Ranger service.

Eva continues to meet the high standards expected of her.  The local education system has acknowledged that she is working at the highest possible standard, and she has passed her grade 5 singing exam.

Her first foray into working life resulted in 2 rapid promotions putting her at the top level available to an adolescent.

Her ongoing explorations of space have gained her several creatures for study.  During these studies she discovered a way to re-animate a lifeless sample and now has 5 live creatures to care for. These will eventually be added to the collections on Captain Aaliyah's home lot as evidence of Eva's abilities.

This week has not been completely easy for her though.  One day the weather took a strange turn and she was struck by lightning.  It made her very sleepy.
Another day she got into a fight with an adolescent from a different neighbourhood.  The reason for this fight was never fully explained but appeared to have something to do with a strange transformation that occurred near our dwelling.

Our crew-mate Maddison has had a most tumultuous week.  She became emotionally involved with a male from Sixam which resulted in them signing a progeny creation contract. They were far more successful in this than any of us could have imagined and we now have 3 juveniles in the house.
She also gained 2 promotions at work.

At the end of the week I was able to report all these achievements to home-world but I get the impression that they are still not satisfied.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 17 February 20
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »
Dawn Week 4

Last week's steady progress set us up for this week's celebrations.

First we celebrated Nicolas's birthday, he just made it to Top-Notch Toddler before he blew out his candles

Then we celebrated 3 promotions, one for Joaquin, one for Siobhan and one for me which included my entrance to the Athletic Hall of Fame.
< [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Faith celebrated becoming leader of her Scout pack by finishing one last painting.

After that Buffy called a gathering of the Slayers, and we went hunting.

One vampire was foolish enough to knock on my door, so I quickly took care of her.

We tried The Bronze Muckery, but had no luck so we headed to the local cemetery where we found a random male vampire

The next night we returned to the Cemetery where we found Rania.  Buffy had cured her once, but she had been turned again so this time I did the honours.  Faith watched the fight carefully and took notes.

My time as slayer was over, I had proven my worth and gladly passed on the baton to Faith.

Faith Week 1

I admit I took the mantle of Slayer with a heavy heart.  The thought of committing to just one job and one partner makes me feel very uneasy, although I'm looking forward to dealing with those horrid vampires.

However Mum insisted, so I added my collection of paintings to the family museum, took control of the Scooby Gang club and became a young adult.

Chi and I already had a good relationship and he was happy to move in.   
Knowing the Slayer line has to continue, we got cosy & I got pregnant.
< [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Then I invited round Aminah, baked her a cake and she too became a young adult. 

The money she bought in when she joined the household paid for some serious expansion of the building and the rewards from my promotions helped furnish it.

Watchers note:
And with that the Slayers officially take the lead by 3 days and loads of value in the family museum.

Credits: Cemetery – The Simwood Graveyard by ChajaRedbird (no cc museum)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 17 February 20
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2020, 02:43:12 PM »
I have been rooting for your Aliens, but the Slayers are such an attractive bunch!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 01 March 20
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 06:35:49 PM »
Thanks Oshizu, I do seem to have been fortunate with the sim genetics.  I wonder what Chi's chin will do for the next generation.

Jacob Week 1

I am furious, how dare that Slayer cure my Rania, the woman I have chosen to be my wife.  I will get my revenge.  Oh you won't see the fury on the outside, no my anger runs cold and calculating, and very, very deep.

As soon as she visited, I asked Rania to accept again the gift of the vampire and she was very willing to comply.

My next job was to add my pictures and collection to Grandfather's museum

Father was less than amused when I demanded control of the family club, but he couldn't deny me.

So with everything in place I aged up to Young Adult and left home to take charge of my life.

Rania moved in and brought her cousin Khaled with her, and the 3 of us set about our tasks.  I joined the Secret Service and gained my 1st promotion. Rania joined the law career and got her 1st promotion and Khaled worked hard on his promotion tasks.

I started creating more offspring, and encouraged Rania to do the same. In due time we saw our new offspring display their true glory.

In due time also, our 1st born son entered the world.  Adam, the first man, the name of the glorious creation of both God (if you believe in him) and Professor Walsh (BtVS season 4).  I suspect though, than in order to regain superiority over the Slayers, he will have to walk a more Sim-friendly path.  I will think on this during my meditations and make my plans.

Thanks to the meddling of those unusual Sims in the eastern neighbourhood, our 2nd son was born a few hours after Adam.  We have the chance to send Damien back to his mothers people, but I feel we may be able to make use of him. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

My second promotion came while Rania was having a meal with one of her offspring, and Khaled even managed 1 promotion.

It is now the end of the week, Adam has just aged up to toddler, I am half way through my career, my garden is flourishing and I have finished my aspiration.  My revenge continues.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »
Jacob got so much done during his first week AND he even gave birth to an alienboo. o.O
Go Jacob!

If a vampire is cured and then turned again, what happens to their vampire rank and perk points (or perks)?
Does the vampire regain their original vampire rank and all their perk points (or perks)?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2020, 04:22:26 AM »
I'm not sure about ranks and perks, Rania was an NPC until Jacob moved her in which was while she was still turning, so I never saw her stats to compare them.  I do know that she is listed as offspring under all 3 vamps that turned her so she now has 3 masters!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2020, 04:53:46 PM »
Jonathan Week 4/Eva Week 1

Home-world are really riding our backs right now, both Ariadne and Maddison were summoned to speak before the Council at the same time, but we are working as fast as we can.

I consulted with the Wishing Well again, and it was please to arrange another promotion for me which puts me at the top of my career.

Eva continued to work on her skills, and has now passed her Grade 10 singing exam

Apparently DJ Mixing is a type of music created on a strange musical instrument called a DJ Booth which produces a variety of sounds and rhythms that the natives find pleasant to dance too.  Eva discovered that there was a local group dedicated to playing this instrument. With their help and encouragement she soon mastered this skill and made some good friends in the process.

Much of her time, however, was spent finishing the collections needed to prove her abilities.  Eventually she acquired enough living space creatures to put into the evidence collection but these were not enough to prove her competence in studying the local environment.  Thankfully one of her new friends told her that many people collect the furry toy creatures called 'Plushies' that come in special wrappers as part of the Mid-Winter festivities.  Fortunately these special wrappers are available all year round and so we released some household funds to purchase a large quantity of these.   Our strategy worked and Eva was able to obtain a full set of these toys. 

This all took time, and I aged up the the fully mature Adult life-stage before it was complete

With her adolescent tasks complete, Eva placed her contributions into the evidence museum on Captain Aaliyah's home lot, aged up to the Young Adult life-stage, and moved out to her own land and ship on Thursday of my fourth week as a Captain.

Maddison took another trip to Home-world to inform the Council

From the journal of Eva Oakes...
Now that I have my own ship, I'm hoping Home-world will leave us alone for a while.  If they don't I have plenty data to pass on.  I have hired my first mate, Milo Dodson and we have entered a progeny generation contract.

With the extra funds that Milo provided, we have purchased a ship building kit and have created a house for our crew. 

As father predicted, I had little trouble entering the native space programme.  In fact, they were so impressed with my skills and experience that they allowed me to skip the most basic levels and I am a level 3 Technician without working a single shift so far.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 17 April 20
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2020, 12:13:48 AM »
I will miss handsome Jonathan! 
Eva is so lovely and her new house with Milo is stunning with all its glass, angles, and upstairs loft space.
Looking forward to seeing more of this house, actually.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 May 20
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2020, 10:24:41 AM »
Faith Week 2

My namesake was an unconventional Slayer, but I had hoped my life would follow the accepted route more closely.  Unfortunately that all changed when my darling boy was born. I take hope from that fact that other Slayers have had sons. My namesake's boyfriend Robin Woods is a notable example and he killed his share of vampires, but none them were expected to take the mantle of Slayer. Xander will need a lot of help to be the only male Slayer ever born.  I re-read the slayer diaries looking for clues.

He will need to be super fit and exceptionally intellegent so we focused on those abilities from toddlerhood.

He will need help from his friends, so we encouraged him to invest time with them as a child.

He aged up to teen with these things solidly in place.  He seems to be struggling bit with the responsibily of being Slayer, and has chosen to party, make drinks and entertain people. I can't say I blame him, I would like to do the same some days.

Aminah started to investigate Uni life to see if it would benefit Xander.  She has happily researched student love life,
but we have concluded that taking a Uni course is too time consuming compared to joining a career.

While Aminah has been studying and Chi was earning money writing books, I continued working in the athletics career and gained 3 promotions, I am now a Champion Bodybuilder with a great deal of knowlegdge about fitness.

By the time I have reached the top of my career, I will have enough produce from my garden to make my mark by slaying 3 notable vampires.  I trust Xander will be ready to take over by then.

Watchers Note: I spelt Xander's name wrong in game, I've corrected it now.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 May 20
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2020, 07:49:51 AM »
Jacob Week 2

I have been thinking hard, and talking to our Founding Sire, and have made my decision. 

Adam will concentrate on more Sim friendly activities in an attempt to overtake the Slayer's family for dominance in this town.  When we are in charge, then the puny Sims will be forced to bow to our will.

To this end Rania and I have firmly guided him into the creative arts, which Sims seem to value highly.

He happily learned some basic skills as a toddler

And he seemed to enjoy the music & art work he did as a child

After he aged up to teen (and fixed his clothes) we left him to work on his piano skill and music aspiration while we concentrated on our own tasks.

Apparently he took some time out to enjoy himself at the Winter Feast, but still he is level 9 in piano and over half way through his aspiration.

My tasks involved gaining promotions in my career and becoming an ever more powerful vampire, and with my usual aplomb I made good progress in both.  2 promotions came my way this week and I am now a level 7 Secret Agent.

I am also a Master Vampire at long last, with level 5 powers to prove it.

My garden continues to develop, the Death Flower plant is full grown and producing flowers.  The Cow Plant is taking longer, I hope there is nothing wrong with it.  I may even give it a name, a piece of sentimentality I rarely feel the need to indulge in.

Rania worked on her vampire powers, and now has great power over her offspring, equal to the power I have over mine.

She is also an excellent painter, which is helpful for the finances and she will no doubt create Masterpieces when she paints portraits of Adam for the family museum, plus she gained a promotion. I made a very good choice in my wife

Khaled & Damien were not entirely useless this week.  Khaled gained a promotion and Damien managed to gain high levels in all his toddler skills.  If he carries on like that in childhood he may prove quite useful indeed.

At the end of the week, I can take a moment to plan for the future.  I need more promotions and my Cow Plant to grow. Adam needs to finish his aspiration and max piano skill, start his 2nd skill and his job, gather a collection for the museum and prove his academic abilities.  Rania needs to paint portraits of Adam in both his forms.  Hmm, more to do than I realised, but I will have my revenge on the Slayers and dominance over this world.

Watchers Note:  Sorry for the long gap, life got busy and playing had to take a bit of a back seat.  Hopefully I will post a bit more quickly for the next chapter. :)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 23 Aug 20
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2020, 11:13:17 AM »
Never had much interest in playing vampires, but I have had a vamp hunter before.  She kind of just fell into it- she had a rough time of it as a teen, and then as a young adult Vlad breaks in and bites her.  This hadn't even crossed my mind before then, but I figured that would make her FURIOUS- she was DONE being anybody's victim!  She trained manically, and the next time Vlad knocked on the door, she beat him up and cured him.  I had long since moved on to other saves before I finally thought of locking him into a room with a cowplant after he'd been cured, to properly slay him once and for all.
Anyway, way back you asked what Buffy was using to hit a vampire with, and I didn't see a reply.  I think it's supposed to be a garlic braid, my sim did the same thing in her fights- that particular game spawned a lot of random vamps, she cured 4 or 5 over a few weeks.  All of them showed up at her door.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 23 Aug 20
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »
Eva Week 2

Unfortunately, my hope of being left alone by Home-world was swiftly dashed.  I was abducted, and Milo was abducted twice.

Home-world are obviously very concerned that there are not enough of our species on this planet as they sent Milo back pregnant from his second trip.

We continued to work hard, Milo gained a promotion, but eventually decided that earning money though painting and teaching Hallie her basic skills were a better use of his time. 

Captain Aaliyah was a great help to him and between them Hallie quickly gained the skills necessary for the toddler age-group. She aged up to child at the end of the week and started on the Social Butterfly certificate.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

We decided to make use of a work-free day to formalise our mating, the ceremony was extremely pleasant, and gave Hallie a chance to meet some of her extended family.

I also gained a promotion, and I spent a lot of time working on my own Ship and have completed several more upgrades to it.

We are now well established on this planet, as it has been 9 weeks since Captain Aaliyah first crashed. I have reached level 4 in my career. I have all my home-world abilities except control over my hunger levels, and my ship just needs a few more upgrades to be perfect. Hallie has made a good start on her childhood tasks.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2021, 03:54:37 PM »
Wow, so much happened in Eva's household this update.
First of all, I've never had a male alien get pregnant after being abducted and thus unconsciously believed that it couldn't happen.
Thank you for showing me that's just not true! 

Congratulations Eva and Milo on officializing your mating!  And happy birthday to Hallie!
This household is making great progress!

P.S. I have forgotten some of the past events in your lovely story.  Why is there an alien bassinet in the vampire household?
      If you don't have the time (or interest), no worries.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2021, 07:43:58 AM »
Thanks for reading & commenting Oshizu

The reason for the alien bassinet is that my vampire heir got abducted, had a vamp/alien hybrid baby boy!  I used the cheats in mccc to turn him into an alien because I didn't want to risk the save by having a 2 occult hybrid in it.  Milo is actually the 2nd alien male to be pregnant after an abduction.  It's how Jonathon got a half brother.  There's been a lot of abductions in this game :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2021, 02:22:19 PM »
@HelenP

Wow, that is a lot of abduction-caused pregnancies!  I'm so jealous. 
I'm especially envious that Milo is pregnant!  I've never had a male alien come back pregnant from an abduction. Well, perhaps I don't play aliens enough for that!
Well, I'm happy to know that male aliens can get pregnant---haha, that's incentive to play more aliens!
I'm curious now whether, in the case of Milo and Senior Pollinator Tech #3, the alienboo's genetics will be hereditary or (like human male abductions) randomized.
Please let us know!