Author Topic: Flip the Crick  (Read 18187 times)

Offline titaniadioxide

• Nooboo
Re: Flip the Crick
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 07:51:45 PM »
Thanks so much! As a follow up, is the woodworker allowed to do upgrades on existing appliances with the handiness skills they gain woodworking? Basically, is it just woodworking and painting, or general “using the handiness and painting skills to improve the house”?

Thanks for your help, and let me know if there’s somewhere better to discuss this stuff, I’m still trying to figure out forum politics and norms.  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 09:23:37 PM »
Thanks so much! As a follow up, is the woodworker allowed to do upgrades on existing appliances with the handiness skills they gain woodworking? Basically, is it just woodworking and painting, or general “using the handiness and painting skills to improve the house”?

Thanks for your help, and let me know if there’s somewhere better to discuss this stuff, I’m still trying to figure out forum politics and norms.  :)

Upgrades are fine. You are not changing the lot, per se, adding new items, etc. And additional questions can be sent via a team PM. Look at the bottom of the page and you'll see team members in parenthesis.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 03:38:12 PM »
Hi, am trying my luck here.. but I know the rules say you can buy an easel and a woodworking table.. am I right in assuming only one of each are allowed to be purchased?

Offline Nomac

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
Crafting - I like that, too. :D I loved the sculpting skill in Sims 3 - my lots were usually full of stone and wood furniture, and in the bottom basement (the deeper, the better the quality, I once read) I kept rows of sculpted nectar racks full of homemade wine. Those were the days... 

So, we endeavour to enhance the value of the lot by placing crafted items, but other than replacing existing furniture, we are limited to four sculptures plus four paintings for the whole house, is this correct?
Is the painter allowed to woodwork and the woodworker to paint, or do they need to stick to their respective skill?
May we move existing furniture around?
May we plant things outside? Huh, probably not.

Whaaat, only four questions from me? Wait, that makes five... as always, thank you for you answers and, hopefully, patience. ;) 
Man, I really hope I can participate in this one, I'm gone for all but four days of the time it's scheduled in.. should be enough, though, for 11 sims days.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »
Hi, am trying my luck here.. but I know the rules say you can buy an easel and a woodworking table.. am I right in assuming only one of each are allowed to be purchased?

Only one of each. I will edit the rules.

So, we endeavour to enhance the value of the lot by placing crafted items, but other than replacing existing furniture, we are limited to four sculptures plus four paintings for the whole house, is this correct?

Correct. And you cannot replace all existing furniture -- only similar items that the woodworker can craft.

Is the painter allowed to woodwork and the woodworker to paint, or do they need to stick to their respective skill? May we move existing furniture around?
May we plant things outside? Huh, probably not.

Yes, yes, and no. Plants would be changing the lot.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »

Well, I know that 11 days to age up is the correct YA life span on Short. So, someone correct me if I am wrong, but you should end your file on Week 2, Thursday...I think. :)

Hi Metro,  I did a quick test for another file and found the full YA lifespan on short is 12 days, making them age up on Week 2, Friday.  I haven't got far with the test file but I expect that the birthday notice/bubbling age bar will kick in at 8am and the sims will age at 8pm with no cake.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 02:09:58 PM »
Ok, thank you, HelenP.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 04:26:52 PM »
When you say you can add 1 sculpture to a room does that just include things from the sculpture section like dragons and lumberjacks or does it also include things from the furniture section e.g. the wall hanging that's in the image for the post?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »
When you say you can add 1 sculpture to a room does that just include things from the sculpture section like dragons and lumberjacks or does it also include things from the furniture section e.g. the wall hanging that's in the image for the post?

It includes things from the furniture section as well. I will clarify.

Offline Lisabee2

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 05:14:12 AM »
I am going to bookmark this one .. I have never done a challenge in here <3  With luck RL will have mercy on me :) :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 06:52:40 AM »
I am going to bookmark this one .. I have never done a challenge in here <3  With luck RL will have mercy on me :) :)

It's always exciting to see new forum members try out new challenges when a new season starts. Good luck. And Happy New Year, everybody!

Take another look at the rules and make sure you are clear. This starts on Friday. The team has gotten quite a few "can I put x into my inventory" types of questions. The only thing I can figure is players are trying to increase their Lot Value by this. If this is true -- I did not think that was the case, then no, you cannot put things into inventory. The whole point of this challenge is to craft the allowed number of items to put into rooms. That's it.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 12:16:16 PM »
Happy New Year's, everyone! I might actually try this challenge since it's so simple and doesn't require you to do anything crazy like have babies, all you have to do is spend two Sim weeks decorating a pre-made house to improve its lot value. I can do that... as long as my copy of Sims 4 doesn't lag like slow molasses.

(I spent last night, just before the fireworks - my place is surrounded by fireworks fields  ;D - getting back into Sims... and the game started lagging like no business.  :( )

Well, I have three days before the event starts, working on strats. Good luck to everyone doing this challenge. 8)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2019, 01:31:15 PM »
I added the last sentence to the following rule....

• You are only allowed to buy one easel and one woodworking table from Buy Mode. Any earned career rewards may also be purchased.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 08:53:25 AM »

• You are only allowed to buy one easel and one woodworking table from Buy Mode. Any earned career rewards may also be purchased.

Does this mean that all career rewards earned can be placed on the lot?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »

Does this mean that all career rewards earned can be placed on the lot?

No. I will clarify the rule. If that was allowed then players would grab Connections asap and gobble up rewards and scatter them about the lot which, again...is not what this challenge is about. It's crafting items via 2 skills.

EDIT:

• You are only allowed to buy one easel and one woodworking table from Buy Mode. Any earned career rewards may also be purchased, but all earned career rewards must be placed into inventory before final lot value is calculated.

anything