Author Topic: Perks and Traits Obsession  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Perks and Traits Obsession
« on: January 28, 2019, 06:49:35 AM »
Perks and Traits Obsession

Goal
Another throwback event where your Sim attempts to obtain as many traits as possible. This time around you're also shooting for perks in the game — Retail Perks, Restaurant Perks, Club Perks, Vet Clinic Perks, and Fame Perks. So, go ahead...get a little obsessed and find as many as you can.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Human or Alien Sim.
  • No household additions allowed after leaving CAS.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sims age up to Adult.

Scoring
Receive 1 pt. for all Traits and Perks your Sim accumulated over the course of the challenge. There are 4 areas to check: Traits —  When your Sim ages up to Adult, Press the Simology tab (Y) and scroll through the list of all acquired traits. Fame — In the Public Image section of the Simology Tab, click on the Fame button to view how many Fame perks you have. Don't forget to also give yourself 1 pt. for each earned Quirk on the right side of the Fame window. Clubs — Next, click on the Clubs tab (U) and add up all the different club perks you have accumulated. Bus. — Finally, click on the Owned Businesses tab and add up any perks attained with a vet clinic, restaurant, or retail store. Add up the 4 main sections for your Total.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Traits     Fame     Clubs     Bus.     Total
thekatie0409386676117
Nikitachi444567111
Deveroux39144110104
december2236054090
Metropolis Man304351584
BallerinaHippo36438583
Elinoee194322075
JocyMc171421474
workingmum825039973
Ravencloud99918045265
sdhoey261161255
SnuSnu16236054
CynKuy19029048
coolsim99999993426446
SoulGal718119442
DaniKitty151600723
titaniadioxide1120013

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Perks and Traits Obsession
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »
Can you have a business, restaurant and a vet clinic; or do you have to pick one?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 06:49:56 PM »
Can you have a business, restaurant and a vet clinic; or do you have to pick one?

No restrictions.

Offline Ravencloud999

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 01:14:42 AM »
My sim acquired the following:

Traits - 14
Fame - 0
Clubs - 45
Businesses - 2

For a total of: 61 points

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »
My sim,Many Perks,received:
Traits:15 more acquired (I think we don't count the 4 initial traits we give in CAS,am I right?)
Fame:4
Club:32
Bus:20
Total: 71 points

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:23:11 PM »
My sim,Many Perks,received:
Traits:15 more acquired (I think we don't count the 4 initial traits we give in CAS,am I right?)
Fame:4
Club:32
Bus:20
Total: 71 points

You count everything, so I'll add 4 to your score.

Offline Ravencloud999

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 12:56:01 PM »
Oh, I didn't count my original four traits either. Could you add 4 to mine as well?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 01:59:51 PM »
Oh, I didn't count my original four traits either. Could you add 4 to mine as well?

Gotcha covered. ;)

To everyone: Do not subtract starting traits. They are listed in the Simology tab too.

Offline Ravencloud999

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 05:55:22 PM »
@Metropolis Man Thank you! :)

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 07:24:40 PM »
Thank you Metropolis Man  :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 02:23:10 PM »
*sprays Lysol*

Traits - 26
Fame - 1
Clubs - 16
Businesses - 12

For a total of :  55 points total

Probably should have waited till I felt a lot better and more human, but I wanted to get it done. I started before I got worse and finished this morning.  :-[

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »
Traits   44
Fame   4
Retail Perks   7
Club Perks   56
GRAND TOTAL   111

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 03:57:10 PM »
Oh, wow, Nikitachi. You have set the bar pretty high. :) Well done.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 03:39:33 PM »
Trait Perkins earned the following

Traits: 36
Fame: 0
Club: 54
Bus: 0

Total: 90

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 10:53:59 PM »
Great scores so far everyone 8)!  I'm going to get my score in before this challenge closes, but I have something similar to the flu right now, and I still don't feel very well. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 06:07:39 AM »
Hope you feel better soon, coolsim. :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 08:50:58 AM »
Thanks a lot Metro :)!

Offline JocyMc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 09:49:32 AM »
Pam Perky earned the following:

Traits:  17
Fame:  1
Club:  42
Business:  14

Total:  74

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 07:34:24 PM »
This challenge ends this coming Sunday, so if you're seeking to be part of the World Ranking that will be posted Monday morning (assuming you also participated in this season's first two events), you'll need to post a score. Good luck to those finishing up.

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 10:45:19 AM »
i didn't really do very well at this, but still enjoyed it.  My sim had 9 retail perks, 39 club perks and 25 traits when she aged up for a score of 73.

Offline SnuSnu

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 07:47:23 PM »
Oh my goodness, I have no idea how you guys did this! I barely scraped out with 54 points. Maybe if I was super careful and played slower?

36 clubs
2 fame
16 traits
0 business
=54 points for snusnu

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 10:48:19 PM »
This was quite a hard challenge with my computer not responding and being very slow. I had to "unstick" my sim once as he wouldn't move off a bench. He must have been tired. lol

Traits - 18
Retail - 4
Fame - 1
Club - 19
Total = 42

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
My Sim earned a total of 83 points.

36 Traits
4 Fame
38 Club
5 Business
=83 Total

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2019, 01:58:32 AM »
39 trait
41 club
14 fame
10 business

= 104 total

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2019, 01:39:59 PM »
When my Sim, Trait Perk, aged up to Adult, she had the following:

Traits 34
Club 6
Fame 2
Business 4

Total = 46 points

Great challenge, as always, team 8)!

Coolsim

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 02:15:06 PM »
Hmmm.... I did better than I thought I would. Perky McTraitster got:

Traits - 30
Fame - 4
Clubs - 35
Business - 15

Total = 84

Offline titaniadioxide

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 02:17:58 PM »
I knew I wouldn't do too well with this one, but I still did it. 

Traits:  11
Fame: 2 (1 quirk, 1 perk)
Businesses: 0
Clubs: 0 (don't have the relevant expansion/pack)

Total:  13

Better than I expected.  I look forward to finding out how other people did it!

Offline DaniKitty15

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2019, 08:36:47 PM »
First challenge ever for me.
Idk how you guys did so well in such little time! Playing in short lifespam had me going crazy!!!
Please tell me your secrets   ;D

Traits - 16
Fame - 0
Clubs -
Business - 7

Total = 23

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2019, 08:55:43 PM »
First challenge ever for me.
Idk how you guys did so well in such little time! Playing in short lifespam had me going crazy!!!
Please tell me your secrets   ;D

The top players always share their secrets. But, not until tomorrow. ;) Welcome to the forum and thanks for participating.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2019, 09:12:18 PM »
My sim finished with

38 traits
6 fame
67 club
6 business

for a total of 117

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2019, 10:10:53 PM »
My Sim accumulated 19 Traits, 0 Fame, 29 Clubs, and 0 Business for a grand total of 48 pts.
Cynthia

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 03:37:03 AM »
My sim died to early in the game, and I forgot to hit enter on this last night before I fell asleep.
Hmm seems like one mistake did not come alone for this challenge for me.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 06:42:50 AM »
This event is now closed. Grats to thekatie0409 -- she snuck in the last few hours and took the win from Nikitachi. hehe. Thanks to all participants. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 07:10:53 AM »
Ahh, I was pushed off from the first place just before the day ended! :D Okay, anyway, second place is my best result of 2019 so far, so I’m happy :D

I created a female Sim with the following initial traits: Cheerful, Loves Outdoors, Insider. I also chose a Knowledge aspiration that gave her the Quick Learner trait. This one was a great help for the whole duration of the challenge.

Before starting, I made a checklist with all possible traits from different sources, fame perks, fame quirks, club perks and business perks of three types (shop/restaurant/vet clinic). It was obvious that all of them could not be obtained at the time given, so it was time to make a choice. I decided not to bother with building & maintaining any type of business at all, so the only thing I did here was to purchase a “vet clinic”, not putting anything on the lot and never actually going there. I only bought the Medicine crafting station and kept doing Lab work for as long as reaching level 10 in Veterinarian skill. Leveling this skill up gives you points for purchasing the perks, so at level 10, I had enough to buy the cheapest 7 of them, which I did.

But the above-mentioned wasn’t actually the very start of the game. The very start was performed by switching to the Leader of the Pack aspiration, joining The Good Timers club, and immediately persuading Bjorn Bjergsen to give the club leadership to me. After that, I added one more member for maximum benefit and started playing around with club activities, always choosing what I’m planning to do next, what can be done by the others in the surrounding area, and what do sims do naturally (usually it was being friendly and being funny). For example, if my club was spending time at the library in Willow Creek, I chose reading, playing chess and playing video games. So I started playing my game, constantly switching between different aspirations. Completed aspirations give you a new trait, as well as a lot of points to spend on trait rewards that can be purchased. Even uncompleted ones give you enough for a couple of cheaper trait rewards.

While you’re working on aspirations, you and your club members keep doing activities, and the club points get accumulated. I was buying skill boosts when I needed them (for example, I bought the veterinarian one for the above-mentioned strategy). I also bought different emotion aura boosts to help with corresponding skills as well. My main strategy was making a Painters club where everyone painted non-stop, so I could sell their paintings and accumulate simoleons, as well as rising my own Fame bar by making paintings. I only managed to get my Fame to 2 stars which allowed me to buy 3 Fame perks, and I got one quirk naturally somewhere in the process (Refined Palate).

I ended up with completing 7 aspirations and partially completing some more. I bought some reward traits in the process of the game when I needed their boosts, and then, just before my sim’s birthday, I spent all the remaining points on the cheapest reward traits, going from the beginning of the list downwards. So, in total, I ended up with 44 traits. Also, before birthday, I spent all the previously unspent club points on the cheapest perks as well, and ended up with a total of 56.

As usual, I didn’t bother with paying attention to whims and micromanagement, because it just makes the game too long, which I can’t stand. If I did, I could have earned quite a lot more. Too bad I didn’t, and most likely never will in any future challenges :D

Thank you for the challenge, team! The ones of this type are my favorite. Thumbs up!

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 07:58:51 AM »
Well done to everyone who finished!

I jumped straight in with this one and didn't really have any strategy if I'm honest. I did much better than I anticipated. I don't have Get Famous, so fame perks were out for me, and I decided not to own any businesses because its not something I'm familiar with doing.

I started with the traits Cheerful, Insider and Loves Outdoors. I picked a knowledge aspiration for the Quick Learner Trait.

My only plan really was to get the 'Rally The Troops' perk from a club, as the less time spent on my needs means more time to complete aspirations. I started my own club and bought the 'friendly' perk, which meant when i met a new sim the friendship bar was immediately part filled. With that, I decided to tackle the Friend Of The World aspiration and the Party Animal Aspiration (Party Place was one of my lot traits which helped with this).

I never left my home lot, and my club ran 24/7. I bought 'skill' club perks when needed, and basically just worked my way through the aspirations. In the end I completed 6 aspirations; Renaissance Sim, Friend Of The World, Soulmate, Leader Of The Pack, Party Animal and Nerd Brain. I'd also finished most of Master Chef (I didn't get to level 8 of the career) and got halfway through Master Mixologist and Joke Star.

With my aspiration points I bought stuff from the rewards store, starting with the cheapest first, then working my way down the list. Club points I just kept running until near the end, and again started with the cheapest and working my way up.

I found this one really interesting, because I've never really tried to complete any of the 'Social' aspirations in my normal games. It was fun to do something new.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 09:00:55 AM »
Congratulations thekatie !!
Nikitachi,great strategy  :D

I am not familiar with businesses too,but I wanted to try them this time,so I made a vet clinic+a store+a restaurant!
I wanted to get the first perks of each businness. I got 11 perks with the restaurant within 4 days (it was my first and I loved playing with it!),3 from the retail store (but I only managed it one day),and 6 from the vet clinic within 2 or 3 days (really liked managing the vet clinic too!).

In the meanwhile I made a painting club,and it was most of the time "working" and gaining simflouz and points while I was managing my businesses.
I made them paint,socialize,clean and repair,so they helped me with my businnesses.
The last 2 days I focalized mainly on the club perks,and I think I should have done that before instead of focalizing on the businnesses perks.
They club perks are easier to gain than the businnesses ones. I got 32 perks from my club.

I gained satisfaction points for my sim's personal traits mostly by working on the aspirations fabulously wealthy (completed thanks to my painting club!),leader of the pack,mansion baron and painter extraordinaire (nearly completed). She got 15 traits (the cheapest,of course!)
My sim was "creative" (so that she could fulfill her entertainement needs by painting),outgoing and cheerful.
I gave her the aspiration «leader of the pack» at the beginning, for the social bonus trait.
She got 3 fame perks thanks to painting,and one "bonus" quirk trait,don't remember which.

Nice challenge  :)

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2019, 10:25:44 AM »
My sim focused on traits. I decided to try to complete as many aspirations as I could to get the traits from the completed aspirations. I started by doing the curator aspiration, then I switched to leader of the pack, then I switched between nerd brain, renaissance sim, fabulously wealthy, angling ace, bodybuilder, and bestselling author. The reward trait I got first was savant, then connections, then I went from smallest to biggest. The savant helped with gaining skills for the aspirations and the connections let me do the renaissance sim job requirements. I focused on the aspirations that were mostly about skill gains because of the benefits from the clubs.

The fame points came entirely from working on the bestselling author aspiration. You can go up the ranks so fast just by publishing books! I was at level 3 fame at the end but never managed to pick up a second quirk.

For clubs, I made my own. We were always in a club gathering. I always had club activities as sleeping, working out, and friendly interactions and I put a few tents and some treadmills on my lot. That seemed to work to get me a lot of points. The other 2 activity slots I switched around depending on what skills I was working on. I bought the club skill bonuses of whatever skills I was working on to help speed those up.

The final thing I did was the vet skill. I got high enough in the skill to buy 6 of the vet clinic perks before my sim aged up.
I really liked this challenge   :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2019, 12:28:25 PM »
Congratulations, @thekatie0409!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2019, 04:29:53 PM »
Nice strategy thekatie0409 !
I didn't even know that you could buy some vet clinic perks only by working on the vet skill. I thought it was only possible to get points by interacting with customers and pets.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »
Congratulations on winning this challenge @thekatie0409 8).

Awesome strategies, everyone! 

Here's mine:
Starting aspiration = Chief of Mischief
Traits: Genius, Dance Machine (to sleep less) and Klepto (I had fun doing that stealing challenge last year).

She only traveled, was at the restaurant orworked at a job if an aspiration required it.  Her house (a 2 by 1 room with a cheap sconce) only had a toilet inside.  Everything else was outside. I used Summer with no weather checked off and not affecting Sims.

For both lots, I picked lot traits that would fit the best with whatever her current goal was.
I went through all aspirations to complete part of ones I couldn't fully complete --- to get satisfaction points to buy reward traits.

I did complete a few whims when there was a free moment.

Traits: I picked aspirations that I'm good and at and got lots of points to get a lot of reward traits.  So, Trait Perk, my Sim, completed milestone after milestone in each aspiration with enough full aspirations, completed (34 traits).

Fame:  While completing the painting aspiration, she painted to gain fame and got 1 fame perk (Networking) and 1 quirk (the cell phone one).

Club: Chess Club I had Sims play chess and be friendly to get 6 club perks (Popular club, handshake, focused 1, focused 2, trucker hat, friendship bracelet) on her home lot (Rippling Flats). 

Business: She got the cheapest 4 restaurant perks (Curious Customers, Additional Waiter #1, Ingredient Quality Options and
Meal Rush) at a restaurant (Tranquil Cressent across from her home lot.) 

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 06:23:03 PM »
Congrats to @thekatie0409 and everyone who took part in the challenge. Awesome strategies.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2019, 10:24:58 AM »
Congrats to the winners!  I'm happy to see that my strategy wasn't too far off, I just didn't execute it as well.   :D  I also had Loves Outdoors, Insider, Cheerful, and Quick Learner as my starting traits and I joined the Good Timers right away (something I've learned here on this forum).  What I didn't do was change my club activities often enough.  I tend to just set them and forget them.

Two traits that I tried to get (that I haven't seen anyone else mention) were Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hound.  You get them just from eating enough foods that require chopsticks or that are spicy.  I had my sim order Mapo Tofu with Pork from a Chinese food stall because it was on both lists-- spicy and requiring chopsticks-- that I found online.  In my trial run, I got lucky and earned both those traits.  In my official run, however, I only earned Chopstick Savvy.