Author Topic: The Langeraks Redefined (April 3)  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »
March 18, 2019 - Introduction

The marriage between Dustin and Iliana is going South and the family bonds are dissolving.

Unemployed Dustin is loved by his daughter, Kaylynn, but his son, Parker, finds nothing in him to admire or respect. Dustin's friend, Jack Bunch, is likely worried where Dustin is headed if he doesn't get his act together.

Iliana is so entrenched in her business career and dreams of advancement that she has lost all relationship with her children, and her husband's feelings are fading.

Fortunately, there is a beacon of light among them all - Iliana's younger live-in sister, Zelda, who is a sorely needed fresh breath of air in this household.

Dustin's life has been thoroughly brightened by Zelda's presence, and they seem to grow closer by the day.

Kaylynn thinks Zelda is pretty fun and is beginning to see her as the mom, she so desperately needs and wants.

Parker hasn't come around yet though. He's a teen and it's hard to regain faith in any adult, when they have caused him so much disillusion. He may be a little concerned that his little sis is starting to bond with auntie Zelda. But it remains that Kaylynn and Ethan Bunch are the only two people, he feels he can somewhat trust.
~ A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear ~
Origin ID: Nindigo79

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »
March 18, 2019 - The Inevitable Happened

Dustin suddenly felt inspired to take action and asked Iliana to talk in private while the kids and Zelda were outside.

Resolutely, he stated that the marriage was off. He would now work to become the father Parker and Kaylynn deserved. But the only person who in reality could stand Iliana's company anymore was Zelda, and she had only recently moved in. Surely, even she would soon come to realize how failed Iliana's priorities in fact were. So, he additionally asked Iliana to move.

Iliana's world probably splintered for a moment, but at least she still had the most important thing in her life left - her job. She took off and no one shed a tear. Zelda looked a little confused, perhaps.

Later, the same afternoon, Iliana came back. She talked only with Zelda for a little while, however. Then Zelda asked her politely to leave.

The family needed rest now and time to re-align itself under these new circumstances.

Dustin got himself employed at the military base where his friend Jack volunteered to be his boss.

Zelda practiced with her guitar and tended her plants.

Parker was eventually convinced to take a part-time job at the grocery store. Kaylynn got herself a new look and a chicken coop.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 11:07:51 AM »
March 18, 2019 - Pictures

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Dustin is making an effort to become something worthwhile in his son's eyes. He is in the military and helping out with homework. This has to count for something.

Zelda is spending time in her little Bohemian Garden when she is not soothing the family with her guitar notes.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 02:55:21 PM »
March 18, 2019 - More Pictures

This is a wedding arch. Dustin and Zelda were married between 2 and 3pm, and Parker and Kaylynn tossed confetti or rice(?) to celebrate. My screenshots of the event turned out different shades of black. Sorry, guys.

Zelda put on a few flirty moves and the deal was sealed. *Jingle*

All the amore resulted in the little flowerchild Daisy Mae.

Three days later, she looks like this before being made over.

Kaylynn loves the little chicks that hatch if you forget to gather eggs.

Parker got the 'Chick Magnet' moodlet ;D

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 06:22:42 PM »
I think the Langerak family is the family I've had least involvement/interaction with in Sunset Valley. I may have wooed Zelda once or twice ... but beyond that, not a lot of interaction with them. Looking forward to continuing to see your take on their lives.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 09:11:28 AM »
March 19, 2019 - Life Goes On

Zelda and Parker are both 3 days away from their birthdays, but I have disabled aging for now to get Zelda properly started on her career. When the time is right, she and Dustin will have another kid. When it's born, I enable aging again. Then there will be 3 birthdays on the same evening.

Zelda's Mini Me. Dustin's LTW is to be surrounded by family, so he wants two more kids and then see all become teens.

I learned that teens and older can take a toddler to these riding things. Thought it was very cute, and Daisy had some fun.

Kaylynn had her teen birthday the same day Daisy had her toddler one. They aged up an hour apart. I gave her glasses because why not? There are 11 days between her and Parker.

Iliana was out demonstrating. I think the divorce left her with an emotional scar after all. Or perhaps her illusion of everything being perfect was simply shattered.

A dark picture of Dustin's proposal to Zelda.

And an even darker one of their wedding ceremony. Those were the two brightest.

Zelda's bohemian garden is expanding.

I decided to put some Man Cave things in the livingroom :)

As well as in Parker's room upstairs.

The kitchen area has some Country Livin' things in it.

And some Outdoor Living things like the counters, fridge and stove.

Zelda's former room is now a nursery.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 20)
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 06:53:30 AM »
March 20, 2019 - The Family Grows Bigger

The Langeraks are a big, easy-going and happy family now. It is now monday of the third week as I am writing this.

Patriarch Dustin is a wingman in the military. That is the sixth level of this career. He has had a wish to quit a couple of times, but I don't see the sense in accommodating that since he is the primary caretaker, and everything is going so well. I'm sorry, Dustin, but you will just have to stick with it until you can retire.

Matriarch Zelda has, as of today, changed her lifetime wish to become a rockstar to that of having a perfect garden instead. In the last update, I stated that further pregnancies were going to be put off until she had worked on her career in music. Well, later that same day, Zelda had become pregnant again anyway. Before this, I had purchased the fertility treatment lifetime reward for Dustin in the hopes that maybe the last two kids required to fulfill his lifetime wish would arrive in one go. And they did! But it also meant that Zelda didn't have a working day in sight for a while yet. Having just been pregnant and gotten married...Sims get a lot of days off that way.

Anyway, Zelda will enter her mature adulthood today and has only spent one day at work all in all, and not even a full one at that as she became pregnant with Daisy real fast. So, I decided to change her lifetime wish and have her quit her job. Now, she is a full-time mom with a gardening project for the ages instead. Selling produce is even lot more lucrative to boot.

Parker is almost a different person today and on the precipice of becoming a young adult (he and Zelda will age up the same day). He has come to love his present family with the exception of his mother, Iliana. Over time, he has been getting a lot of wishes to cuddle with little Daisy. He is an A student and a regular on the honor roll. He has also received all available promotions in his job as a grocery store clerk. On the downside, he has not been hanging out much with Ethan and their friendship has suffered for it. But perhaps it is simply a natural development and consequence of not wanting to escape his home environment anymore. His life is coming together.

Kaylynn is also thriving and has become family-oriented. She is an A student as well, but not on the honor roll yet. She has had a regular job of cleaning the particular toilet that Zelda has used extensively to vomit in - in part due to pregnancies, and because she has often had rotten eggs in her inventory after harvesting from the chicken coop. Despite keeping them well-fed. Kaylynn doesn't have job yet. I'm thinking about getting her one though, now that Zelda is a stay-at-home mom. Oh, and Kaylynn has also been helping with toddler training and will again.

Daisy Mae is still a toddler, but the oldest now.

The new arrivals are two not-entirely-identical twin girls - Cricket Mae and Fia Mae. Happy times with so many girls! Although Dustin is still adamantly hoping to get another son. The wish will grant him a great amount of lifetime points, but I haven't decided yet if the family should have even more kids. Zelda and I need a proper break at least. Having Sim kids is a lot of fun though.

A happy and expecting Zelda.

Dustin working out at the gym to become eligable for the next promotion.

Zelda enjoying her last day as young adult.

Dustin, the camera is over here...

Cricket Mae likes blue.

Fia Mae likes lime green.

And here I'm trying out the super gardening thingamajig from the store.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 20)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 02:07:28 PM »
March 20, 2019 - Pictures

Parker's smile...I think he looks forward to have kids himself. Zelda is looking a bit more overwhelmed. Party girl is all grown up. It can be tough.

Zelda is showing Parker her appreciation of him finally accepting her into the family. And actually becoming the best of friends in the process.

Kaylynn comes with four points in the painting skill. Here she is at level seven, I believe. Ooh, who is that sleeping in her bed?

Ethan is back in the picture. Parker schmoozed with him and the friendship was back on. Ever since, he has been around a lot, but Kaylynn is actually the one having him.

Zelda may have quit her job as a musician, but she can certainly draw an audience nonetheless. Her guitar skill is at level nine currently.

Here, Parker is on nanny duty. Three toddlers, three girls. I had to giggle at this animation of his. He just brought everyone in from the backyard.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 21)
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
March 21, 2019 - Life Is Good

Dustin can be proud. He has become a successful family man and a cool astronaut to boot. Here is to the military leader of Sunset Valley!

Zelda has completed her new lifetime wish for a perfect garden as well as all of the gardening skill challenges. She just tends a small basic garden now.

Parker has joined professional sports. He is currently a toddler coach, but is due for a promotion. I haven't decided who to pair him up with yet.

Kaylynn is a high school A student and a regular on the honor roll. She is also working as a second level grocery store clerk, following in her brother's footsteps.

Daisy is super cute and now in grade school. She has been given the Angler trait, because I like to fish in The Sims.

Cricket and Fia are still enjoying their problem-free toddler stage.

Dustin and Zelda eventually both had a wish to have a boy, so I caved and had them try. I didn't try to affect the outcome, and they ended up having their fourth daughter - Sunniva Mae. The household is full now, what a bummer. Because they both have wishes for even more kids. *Rolls eyes*

Well, since Parker is the oldest and all that, he is sort of the first-in-line heir which means I have decided that he will remain in the house. Kaylynn, on the other hand, will be moving in with her husband to be. As of now, I plan for that to be Ethan Bunch. There will be plenty of room over at their house once their girls move in with their future spouses...whoever they will be.

Also, to my great enthusiasm, I have figured out how to use NRaas Master Controller's pollination feature. That one is unbelievably awesome and useful. Who needs a story progression mod with that in hand? Thus, I have gone ahead and paired a number of townies and made the ladies pregnant using this pollination thingy. Several kids have been born already. I'm excited!

Cricket is not ready to let the fun stop. Harrumph!

Parker is trying his best to look at Fia while munching on her hair.

Daisy Mae as a grade school child. Not sure whether she has her mom's or dad's nose.

Zelda stuffing her face with yummy pink cotton candy.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 23)
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
March 23, 2019 - Pictures

Meet Sunniva Mae. The girl who should have been a boy.

Dustin loves her the same though. Perhaps even a little more since she resembles him.

Being taught how to walk.

Before Daisy Mae (in the middle) aged up to teenager. Hard to tell them apart, little Zelda clones.

Daisy Mae as a teenager. Mom Zelda is smirking at the striking resemblance, I think. Yes, I made Daisy look almost the same. I wanted to see how much they looked like each other.

The twins having fun on their private playground.

Kaylynn is all grown up now. How big a difference between Dustin's two daughters when there are two seperate moms involved.

Michael Bachelor looking good as a YA.

An elderly Gunther Goth walking towards his sunset...erm, I mean going for an evening swim. Um, your hat, Gunther. Hat...

Ya coming back already?
Gunther: I forgot to take off my hat...haha! How silly. Must be getting old.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 25)
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 10:36:16 PM »
March 25, 2019 - Update + Pictures

I ended up moving Parker out anyway to get some more space for the younger Mae kids. Parker has married River McIrish and they live just across the street. I have made their home open, so I can check up on them anytime. They have two toddler sons as I'm writing this - Kenny and Archie, both black-haired like their dad, but with mom's face. Well, basically. Parker is still in professional sports. River is unemployed.

Kaylynn has moved in with Ethan and also have two toddlers - Christel and Octavio. They mostly look like Ethan, facial structure wise. Ethan is in the military while Kaylynn works at the spa. The rest of the Bunches live elsewhere.

Daisy Mae has mastered gardening and has already taken over the tending of Zelda's garden with perfect plants. She is even more outdoorsy and green-thumbed than her mom. She walks around barefooted.

Fia and Cricket are both more of a nod to Zelda's party-oriented side, but also artsy and fond of music. They both play the guitar. Beyond that, Fia is into charisma and Cricket is into painting.

Sunniva is the odd one out. I have made her more Dustin-y and also bookish.

Dustin and Zelda are very close to becoming elders. Normally, I hate this part of having aging on. But the town is getting pretty full of interesting new generations, and I find myself impatient for the old folks here and there to "make room" for the youngers. This does not go for some Sims though - like Miraj, for instance. Maybe he can come by and discreetly eat 21 life fruits out of the fridge...'cause no one can fish up death fish for ambrosia, even though Dustin knows how to cook it.

Twins Effect

Last picture of Sunniva before she becomes a teen.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 25)
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 12:12:23 PM »
March 25, 2019 - Organizing Town
This has been a momentous task and still is. Oh-my-goodness. Here is a rundown of my Sunset Valley sorted alphabetically by original family residence, with parents listed first if still alive, then kids, then other (if any). I assume readers are familiar with the Sunset Valley pre-mades which is why I leave out surnames...for my own convenience mostly (a lot of typing).

Alto Residence
Nick & Vita (elders)

Alvi Residence
VJ & Lisa, 2 kids

Andrews Residence
Beau & Victoria (elders), 1 kid, Monika Morris (nanny)

Bachelor Residence
Michael & Bebe, 4 kids (2 by Xander Clavell)

Bunch Residence
Ethan & Kaylynn, 2 kids

Bunch Family (other)
Arlo & Sandi, 1 kid

Bunch Family (other)
Jack & Judy (elders)

Clavell Residence
Xander & Tamara, 2 kids (1 by Nick Alto)

Crumplebottom Residence
Agnes (elder)

Frio Residence
Connor & Darlene, 3 kids (2 with Blair, 1 with Darlene)

Frio Family (other)
Jared & Myra (not pre-made), 2 kids (with Madison), 1 unborn

Goth Residence
Gunther (elder), Mortimer & Bella

Hart Residence
Gus & Dorie (elders)

Keaton Residence
Marty & Justine, 3 kids

Kennedy Residence
Erin & Iqbal (elders)

Koffi Residence
Gobias & Madison, 2 kids

Landgraab Residence
Malcolm & Holly, 4 kids (2 by Christopher Steel)

Landgraab Family (other)
Geoffrey & Nancy (elders)

Langerak Residence *played
Dustin & Zelda, 4 kids

Langerak Family (other)
Parker & River, 2 kids

Langerak Family (other)
Iliana (elder)

Roomies Residence McGraw Family
Stiles & Emma, 2 kids

Sekemoto Residence
Leighton & Miraj, 2 kids (Sam is one)

Single Moms Residence
Fiona & Molly (elders)

Steel Residence
Christopher & Morgana, 2 kids (1 by Thornton Wolff)

Ursine Residence
Claire, 1 kid

Wainwright Residence
Boyd & Susan (elders)

Wan-Goddard Residence Goddard Family
Hank & Pauline, 2 kids

Wolff Residence
Thornton & Jamie

Working Friends Residence
Ayesha & Tori

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 30)
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 04:44:30 AM »
March 30, 2019 - the next generation

Dustin and Zelda are now elders like many of the other original townies of Sunset Valley. Those who were not kids or have passed away by now. Dustin is a retired astronaut while Zelda has been a stay-at-home mom and continues to be so. Although she can probably add to herself the title of grandmother within too long, as Daisy Mae has just had her young adult birthday. Daisy is her oldest child followed by the twin girls, Cricket and Fia, and Sunniva who is her youngest.

When Daisy Mae became a young adult, she immediately completed her lifetime wish for a perfect garden. She has been tending Zelda's many perfect plants ever since Zelda became elderly. I didn't really think on it and simply chose an appropriate lifetime wish for a green thumb Sim. Oh, well. Two birds with one stone, as they say. Daisy is almost identical to her mom, but has a more muscular body like her dad.

Daisy Mae

Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden (completed)
Traits: Flirty, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented, Good, Green Thumb
Favorites: Indie music, Mac and Cheese food, Lime color
Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 30)
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 04:07:57 PM »
March 30, 2019 - Dustin's Family Tree

Can be viewed here at Family Echo

*I have tried to fill out every branch as it looks so far.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 31)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 02:10:10 PM »
March 31 - Making room for future generations

Dustin and Zelda have decided to spend their twilight days in peace and quiet...as neighbors to VJ Alvi and his family. But also across the street from Iliana. Perhaps Zelda and her older sister can mend their relationship before they both pass on. All I know is that I don't want to witness her and Dustin die in my care. Is that weird? Maybe. But a household of seven is also a little overwhelming. So, this is how it will be.

Parker and River have split up, and Parker has quit his job and status as a Sports Legend. He has moved back into the Langerak main residence, while River has moved into her old home with their three sons (toddler, child, teen), the Single Moms residence. All of their boys look like River. But Parker has a fourth son. With his half-sister, Daisy Mae. This kid looks just like him. What, you ask? Well, Daisy was simply very happy to run into Parker at the theater one day, after not having seen him in like forever. They fell on top of each other upon entering the building, and whaddya know, she was suddenly pregnant. No biggie...it's just a Sims game. Crazy stuff happens all the time.

The twins, Cricket and Fia, have grown up and joined the music career. Identically. Because they are twins. Their bodies are thinner than Daisy's - like their mom Zelda's. Faces are also Zelda, but their eyes are blue like Dustin's.

Sunniva is the only one left still in school which must be boring. I bet she is looking forward to become a world renowned surgeon one of these days, as that is her lifetime wish.

And then there is little Parker look-alike Charlie Mae who is but a happy toddler and loves the color pink. Grandpa Dustin taught him everything before leaving with Grandma Zelda.

Cricket in the back, Fia in the front. Both looking at Sunniva.

Sunniva is watching TV.

Parker is reading up on handiness. It was left at level 3 when he moved in with River. Other than that, he has maximized athletics and cooking. Inspired by his father.

Ironic that the one kid he might not be open about having fathered should look just like him.

Happy Charlie toddler. I love having Sim kids!

Daisy Mae, Charlie Mae, Parker Langerak.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (March 31)
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2019, 05:46:20 PM »
March 31 - Establishing Relationships

Fia has been waiting for forever to do this. Already in her early teens, she made best friends with VJ, having a future with him in mind. This day, she buckled up and made her move - most inappropriately, in public, and in front of his wife and kids. Even her old crush from the prom of yore was there. And all of them were pulling their hair and voicing their disapproval, when she and VJ took their relationship to the next level. (Why is my face smiling deviously?)

Anyway, I will bring an update to the situation when I get it sorted out. Just wanted to share Fia's sweet conquest.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: The Langeraks Redefined (April 3)
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 01:26:30 PM »
April 3 - Update

Langerak Residence
Parker, Daisy, Sunniva, Charlie

I wonder if I should move Dustin and Zelda back now that there is more room. Crazy Fia has gone to live with the much older VJ, while Cricket is living with her friend (yes, just friend) Miraj who is no longer with Leighton. She is helping Miraj raise his two children simply out of kindness.

Since Parker came back home, I'm not sure where to put him to work. He is too old to be a sports legend anymore, but too young to retire. Daisy is still doing the scientist career. Sunniva's still in school, and Charlie's still a toddler. Perhaps it is a good time to move Dustin and Zelda back and let them pass while surrounded by family, however bizarre it has turned out.

Dustin has six kids and eight grandkids currently.

anything