Author Topic: A Friendly Play Through-Investigator Profession  (Read 15516 times)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: A Friendly Play Through-Investigator Profession
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2019, 09:50:01 AM »
You all have done a great job with this! I love the pics and congrats on your alien son Jaxon! I always loved the PI profession, then it started glitching out and you couldn't search for clues or anything. :( But it sounds like most of that is fixed except for those psychic cases at the police department. Glad to hear that as I now have two Perceptive sims in my heir generation and can't wait to give this profession another shot. Since my Sim is a born in game, it won't be the same as starting with a new YA like you all did, but I hope it's just as much fun!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2019, 09:52:19 AM »
I had a similar case where Calista has to confirm criminal's presence (Auto Theft) Goal: "Confirm Criminal's Presence" at local Business Office (Tower) while suspect is at work. It worked flawlessly. Seemed to be done in an instant.

The case just above happened to come in after having to cancel the The Great Clap Trap of an Art Heist case (Science center)

I believe I did, but I have nothing of use to add since I don't remember how exactly it went. I do recall, however, that it was a bit of an odd situation, and I think the case completed when the suspect simply showed up for work (business tower), but Miraj wasn't there when it happened.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »
Quote from: deedee_828
But it sounds like most of that is fixed except for those psychic cases at the police department.
Those are exactly the opportunities that would not complete. Thanks for the reminder.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 03:57:11 PM »
Feeling stuck on a case - (The Great Clap Trap of an Art Heist)

Everything is completed so far of this particular case except for Confirming suspected Sim. I have to wait till they're at work. Thinking that means waiting till Mon, after 8am to confirm criminal's presence.
..snip...

Has anyone else run into this case? If so what was your experience? I tried to find out more information about the case via this site - https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Investigator/cases ; but it doesn't have anything on this particular case.

The 'confirm presence' cases just require you to visit the work lot in those sims hours of work..makes sense, after all you can't arrest someone who isn't there. They can be a bit of a pain if you have to wait over a weekend, luckily with my play through it was just a case of going to the work lot as it already was during business hours.

@Nindigo  @deedee_828   thanks, you have no idea how long I have been trying for an alien nooboo, and then when I am not even thinking about it..there ya go!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2019, 05:24:11 PM »
Just to clarify ... most of those questions were me being silly.

In my playthrough, Bill is on his 11 case and is level 5 in his career. PI Christie is at level 4 logic and level 7/8 Charisma and has completed the 100 jokes skill challenge - apparently tell funny story counts as jokes!?!

Screenshot-194.jpg
Sneaking for clues at a distant fishing spot - one of the flamingo cases - the one that people seem to love flamingos ...

Screenshot-202.jpg
And sneaking for clues at the art gallary - one of the other flamingo cases - the one that people seem to hate flamingos ...

Screenshot-200.jpg
Hunting for clues in the mail ... or perhaps he's just looking for his invite to something!?!

Screenshot-204.jpg
Reporting back to Constance Shelley re her flamingo ...

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2019, 06:43:16 PM »
I should clarify that I actually waited around almost all day Monday to see if the suspect would go to work. It never happened and the option to confirm presence disappeared.

The best that I can tell is that it was my oopies as a previous unrelated (to the PI career) popped up for the science center and most likely conflicted with the case (also at the science center) my Sim was working on.

The 'confirm presence' cases just require you to visit the work lot in those sims hours of work..makes sense, after all you can't arrest someone who isn't there. They can be a bit of a pain if you have to wait over a weekend, luckily with my play through it was just a case of going to the work lot as it already was during business hours.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »
@Deklitch  Go Bill! I've never completed the 100 jokes skill challenge! I just never think to use jokes etc when socializing my sim! Love the disgust in the completion case text where your sim thinks it's rather terrible that people consider a plastic lawn ornament as "Art".  ;D

Gotcha MrsFlynn, did think it a bit weird you got stuck on that lol
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2019, 07:09:43 AM »
Bill has now completed all the skill challenges of Charisma Skill - Charisma is at level 9. :)

Once Bill got the first few skill challenges done, I sent him to a house with a number of people (I chose the McDermotts, but the Brokes, the Shallows or the Ivanovichs would work). I greet each person in turn with the charming greeting. They jump to friend level. I then invite them to a meal at the restaurant (the more expensive one). They drive. I have the meal with them, and normally a number of other locals gather outside the restaurant. While I'm in having a meal with the first lot, I select the eat meal here with others and select everyone I can. Back and forth until you have the 10 Best Friends challenge met. Not even old Hunter 'Grumpypants' Cottoneye can resist the charms of Bill.

Oh, and he's now on his 17th case, at level 6 as a PI - Gumshoe. He's still at level 4 logic.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
I can add the small piece of, perhaps self-explanatory information, that the magnifying glass and fingerprint dusting kit disappear from your Sim's personal inventory when you quit the profession.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
Date: Week 3 Day 4 - Wed. 8:22am
Levels: PI Lv10, Logic Lv8 ; Handi Lv5 ; 15/35 cases done.
Funds: $37,185.
Misc. Info.:

Just got the art heist case again. Luckily it's a Wed. in-game. So it should go okay. *Fingers Crossed*

Most of the case is going well. It's Thurs. 3:14 am, so I'm having Calista do some low level police work till around 8am and then head to the science lab.

Suspect showed up around 9am and got 'em. Case closed and registered completed!! :)

Wha-hoo!! I'm actually thankful this case came back around and was successfully completed!!

This particular case isn't bugged, it was taking that unrelated science lab opportunity that glitched the case.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »
Date: Week 4 Day 4 - Wed. 9:50pm
Levels: PI Lv10, Logic Lv10 ; Handi Lv5 ; 25/35 cases done.
Funds: $56,874.
Misc. Info.:

Ten more cases to go!! I had a previous hiccup with a case, but it came around again and fully completed this time.

Calista is finally receiving some of the awards she didn't get earlier? I'm thinking due to the hiccups I had in the game early on. Let's see we have two Keys to the City, two Mysterious Gnomes, Honor Trophy, Hero Metal and car.  It would have been 3 Gnomes, but sold one early in the game to help with living expenses at the time.

She had at one point the Hero Metal, but it disappeared ? Until just recently. Thinking the reset everything may have helped.

Did I mention something in the game made the car glitch and so after completing the case I reset everything just to be on the safe side.

I see Dek is going an awesome job!! :)

I almost forgot to mention, I gave Calista Inappropriate but in a good way to hopefully prevent prompting the go home when trying to go through the mail box, garbage and going inside Sims home when other Sim isn't home.

The game still prompted Go home for most things. Specially when I was trying to get her to break into a house when the family wasn't home. To complete that part of the case I had to have her wait till a member of the family was home.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2019, 06:46:25 PM »
I had an issue for a time there of Bill not being able to do a thing ... I'd click on his target, it would remain there for a few seconds and then the task would disappear. I then deleted the case, and tried to send him home ... same thing happened. So I found him and told him to walk to another point on the property he was on ... same thing, I ended up resetting him and he went back to normal.

Also - I love Hunter Cottoneye's formal wear - black singlet and shorts and flip flops/thongs. At least he's dressed in black :D

Great work Mrs Flynn! Are you playing with make needs static, or dynamic?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2019, 07:12:22 PM »
I had a similar thing happen where Calista wouldn't talk to people in a couple of cases. Had to cancel the case and hoped they came back around. One of them did. The other hasn't come up again yet.

I've used Reset Everything via MasterController once, maybe twice in my game due to some hiccups. Silly game.

Static needs of course. ;) Dynamic needs are for the tougher Simmers *Giggle-Snort*

I keep getting distracted now that it's Spring in my game... Gotta catch 'em all. *Snicker* Sell some, keep some.

So yeah, if you finish the game before me Dek, that's okay!! Unless you get the oooh shiny flowers like I do?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »
I think if I get distracted by anything it'll be the inventing skill :P He is eccentric

I play without seasons installed.

I don't think anyone has died yet, though someone has moved house (Brackenridge, I think it is, in with Billy Caspian

Also Bill has a romantic interest :D Elaine Joy ... she found him cute and apparently they had traits and starsigns that were a match. :) So I had him flirt back ... nothing improper, at least not with her father standing behind her, staring at Bill all the time ...
Screenshot-212.jpg

Also all the eating out ... multiple times a day ... has seen Bill Christie put on a bit of weight :P He's obviously the Bustopher Jones of the Sims world :P "There can be no surprise that under our eyes he has grown unmistakably round"
Screenshot-213.jpg

Oh and the kid who starts as a toddler Dimitri, isn't it? ... He's aged up to child and his fashion sense is ... interesting
Screenshot-211.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »
This only some-what relates to the IP thread, but wanted to ask about it anyway.

We found this dog barking in the Library the day before, as Calista had stopped there to question someone in a case. The next day, the dog showed up in her front yard. I quickly locked the doors from them just walking in. I've had that happen before.

I love pets in real life, but in-game not so much. I don't know if this dog has an owner or not. Is there a way to turn off or disable the "extra" pets and the pet adoption center?

I do have all strays turned off through Nraas Register > Animal Control. Still there's wondering pets.

Or is this a normal thing? I've been noticing this happening more and more in my game lately now that I've been playing more regularly again.

anything