Author Topic: Random Selection HMLSIYW Dynasty: Cluster 3, Update 2 (3/14/21)  (Read 27033 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Random Selection HMLSIYW Dynasty: Cluster 2, Update 11 (3/6/21)
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2021, 01:17:51 PM »
Wow, Aravin had abduction triplets?! I do believe he's given birth to more nooboos for this dynasty than your beloved Vendara!
There's mention of Aravin getting a promotion--is your combination of lot type/lot trait/BHF trait so powerful that Aravin can traipse off to work every weekday?

I giggled at how well Tizzy kitted out her home for "her" twins: 2 puppers and a bowling alley?  Well played, Pippin!
Also, I was wondering how Allie would ever get ahead in that daunting Doctor career.  The well, eh?
The Flummoxes are doing great!  Bring on Cluster 3.  We're ready and waiting!  Oh wait, half of Cluster 3 just arrived. o.O

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Random Selection HMLSIYW Dynasty: Cluster 2, Update 11 (3/6/21)
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2021, 10:54:16 AM »
Triplets! Yay!

(Tried to think of more things to say and fails)

um. Yay!
No, no, you nailed it!  Having half of Cluster 3 come in all at once was a delightful happy accident!

Wow, Aravin had abduction triplets?! I do believe he's given birth to more nooboos for this dynasty than your beloved Vendara!
There's mention of Aravin getting a promotion--is your combination of lot type/lot trait/BHF trait so powerful that Aravin can traipse off to work every weekday?

I giggled at how well Tizzy kitted out her home for "her" twins: 2 puppers and a bowling alley?  Well played, Pippin!
Also, I was wondering how Allie would ever get ahead in that daunting Doctor career.  The well, eh?
The Flummoxes are doing great!  Bring on Cluster 3.  We're ready and waiting!  Oh wait, half of Cluster 3 just arrived. o.O
Yeah, Tizzy taking care of her gals, the well being generous, and a well-timed New Skill Day made those two just fly through their YA requirements!  They've really raised the bar for Cluster 3  ;=)

Hmm, now that you mention it, I guess Aravin is one kiddo ahead in the natural birth count.  Of course, Tizzy would argue that she's ahead given that she had twins of her own in addition to the twins that she thinks are hers  :=)

And good news, you're about to meet the rest of Cluster 3!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Random Selection HMLSIYW Dynasty: Cluster 3, Update 1 (3/9/21)
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2021, 10:54:54 AM »
We return to a Flummux household where we find the twins rapidly approaching their move out moments.

Cessy:  So, I really have to eat this weird kelp lemon?
Pippin:  Hey, that weird kelp lemon was good enough for Kacie, so it's good enough for you!
Cessy:  Why couldn't I have gotten a normal Watcher?
Pippin:  Guess you were just lucky.  Now go jump in a lake!

Pippin:  Aww, your swimsuit's adorable!  Can we do a photoshoot first?
Cessy:  No.

Pippin:  And another mermaid wearing that CC skirt.
Kacie:  It's called fashion, Pippin.
Pippin:  And so, with a lifestate change and a final promotion, Cessy finally hits move out day.
Cessy:  Excellent.  I can devote more time to my teaching since I won't have to do all these dynasty requirements anymore.
Pippin:  Yeah, our dedicated teacher.  She's kind of great.

Pippin:  And per her request, Cessy got a quiet little home where she can focus on her work without distractions.
Cessy:  Umm, what's all this stuff in my yard?

Pippin:  Oh that?  Yeah.  I set it up to be an ideal location in case the Flummux clan wanted to do an outdoors party gathering thing!
Cessy:  Umm, quiet, non-distracting place of solace?
Pippin:  You are welcome!
And after largely ignoring Cessy's requests, Pippin returned his attention to the primary Flummux household and to the move out preparations for Allie.

Allie:  Hey, Well, I just got my second promotion and really want to get that third without bothering to go back into that poor excuse for a vet clinic.  Can you help a gal out?
Wishing Well:  I mean, since you threw all those simoleans my way, I suppose I can arrange something...
Pippin:  And with her final promotion achieved, Allie moves out to her combination home and vet clinic.

Allie:  The Flummux Furry Friends Vet Clinic is open for business!!
Pippin:  Isn't it after your office hours?
Allie:  It's open for business tomorrow!

The ground floor is set up to be everything one could possibly need in a vet clinic.
Allie:  Yeah, that joke of a clinic where I was working didn't even have the medicine makey things for pets!  Can you believe it?  And no food dishes or litter boxes anywhere!
While the upstairs was set up as a luxurious open-plan apartment for our head vet.

Allie:  I mean, a vet's gotta take care of themselves if they want to take care of pets.
Pippin:  And while the twins were working on those move out requirements, Vendara and Aravin made quick work of getting to the good friends status with the triplets.  Cue the toddler spam!

Pippin:  Spam!

Pippin:  Spammity spam!!

Pippin:  Spam spammity spamming spam!
Vendara:  I cannot believe you just added that ridiculous commentary to the beautiful moments of our darling little angels aging up.
Pippin:  I...it's called...the pictures were...
Vendra:  It's ok, I forgive you.
Pippin:  ...thanks.

Vendara:  Ok, Iree, you need to learn to say "please" and "thank you" so you come across as kind and gentle instead of abrasive and nasty like your Watcher.
Pippin:  Yeah, that's good advice...WAIT!  That was rude!  I thought you said you forgave me?
Vendara:  Ok, now I forgive you.
Iree:  Say tankoo, Pibbim.
Pippin:  Thank you.
Vendara:  She learns so quickly!

Aravin:  Aww, lok how big you're getting, Vaughnagin!
Pippin:  No, that's a glitch!  He's not taller!
Aravin:  He's not? (sniffles)
Vendara:  Alright, kids, time to start teaching Pippin how to say "I'm sorry."
Pippin:  (sigh)
But it wasn't all lessons and skilling for the toddlers.  They also got to enjoy leftover gourmet meals.

Leialia:  We habin' da noodies!
Iree:  No, Lelally!  It cawwed doodles!
Leialia:  No, it noodies!  Idn't it noodies, Boddidan?
Vaughnagin:  Omnomnomnomnom.
But with a steady diet of potty training, lessons on saying please and thank you, as well as the help of the beloved Wabbit Tablets, the toddlers became children in short order.
Pippin:  Haha, "short order."  Because they're short!
Vendara:  (facepalm)
Pippin:  First to the cake was Leialia

Leialia:  Huh, I grew up with Iree's toddler hair!
Iree:  Hey, dat mine!
Pippin:  And next up was Vaughnagin.

Vendara:  Oh my, lock up your daughters, everyone.  Here comes my handsome boy.
Vaughnagin:  Mom!
Pippin:  And finally, the baby of the trio came to the cake.

Iree:  Umm, where did this hat come from?
Pippin:  I don't know, but it's gotta go!
And each of the triplets went for the social butterfly aspiration, which led to an outing for social time.

Leialia:  Hey look, people!
Vaughnagin:  Friendly introduction mode...
Leialia and Vaughnagin:  ACTIVATED!!!!

Iree:  Hello, kind sir.  I'm Iree.  It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Erwin:  There's a conspiracy!!  No one's talking about what's happening at the lab!!!
Iree:  Oh.  Umm...you're scary now.  I need an adult.
Erwin:  I'm an adult.
Iree:  I need a different adult.

Vaughnagin:  Hello, I'm Vaughnagin.  It's nice to meet you.
Elsa:  I'm Elsa and you're pretty dreamy!
Vaughnagin:  Oh, uh, heh heh, ummm, uh, you..heh heh...what, Mom?  Oh, sorry, I have to go.  My Mom's calling me.
And after some binge-introducing, the trio heads home where they all needs to make a BFF.

Leialia:  Thanks for giving each of us a turn to be your BFF, Mom!  You're the greatest!
Vendara:  Of course, sweet girl!
Vaughnagin:  Oh, umm, Hi, Elsa.  Come over to your place?  No, I think my Mom wants me to...alphabetize...my sock drawer.  Yeah, yeah that's it.  I know, so sad.  Ok, bye.
Vendara:  Does someone have a little admirer?
Vaughnagin:  ...yeah...
But Vaughnagin was correct in saying that he was busy as much skilling is required as a member of Cluster 3.

Pippin:  And speaking of Cluster 3, it got a little larger...

Pippin:  as the family welcomed in Jena the ghost girl and adopted in a couple new burritos, Vincente and Noah.

Vaughnagin:  Oh.  When I heard there were burritos, I thought that meant something else.
And so, with Cluster 3 fully fleshed out, we bid farewell to the Flummux household.
Vaughnagin:  Seriously, though, could we just maybe call a sitter and go out for burritos?

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
Re: Random Selection HMLSIYW Dynasty: Cluster 3, Update 1 (3/9/21)
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2021, 08:00:24 PM »
Darn it, now I want a burrito!

Ah yes, a very peaceful and quiet abode for Cessy.  ;)

Also, have I mentioned that I love the way you write toddlers? “Say tankoo pibbin” gave me a good giggle.
they/he pronouns please!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2021, 07:52:44 PM »
Alex, you lucky girl! I believe you have the biggest home so far.
Yeah, I know it's part clinic but it's not like the main Flummox household will ever visit the sick pets. Thanks for the roleplay, Pippin! :)
Oh right, future Vet & Pet Training kiddos, lol!

Wow, Vaughnagin is a beautiful boy child! It would be so cool if the by-abduction kids actually inherited genes from their daddy, y'know?
Looking forward to meeting the ghost kid in the next update, too!
Wait, that's only four kids so far! Am I missing something? Two bassinet burritos hiding in the wings or something?

Oops, the burrito twins make #5 and #6. What was I thinking?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2021, 02:26:54 PM »
Darn it, now I want a burrito!

Ah yes, a very peaceful and quiet abode for Cessy.  ;)

Also, have I mentioned that I love the way you write toddlers? “Say tankoo pibbin” gave me a good giggle.
Aww, thanks  :=)  I have a lot of fun writing the toddler dialogue.  Not gonna lie, having all those adorable toddlers was a big reason I chose to do this dynasty  :=)

Alex, you lucky girl! I believe you have the biggest home so far.
Yeah, I know it's part clinic but it's not like the main Flummox household will ever visit the sick pets. Thanks for the roleplay, Pippin! :)
Oh right, future Vet & Pet Training kiddos, lol!

Wow, Vaughnagin is a beautiful boy child! It would be so cool if the by-abduction kids actually inherited genes from their daddy, y'know?
Looking forward to meeting the ghost kid in the next update, too!
Wait, that's only four kids so far! Am I missing something? Two bassinet burritos hiding in the wings or something?

Oops, the burrito twins make #5 and #6. What was I thinking?
Yeah, this abduction crew so doesn't resemble Aravin!  It's that much funnier since Allie and Cessy definitely had a strong resemblance to him.  But yeah, the whole silly vet clinic thing was a fun twist that just kind of developed as I was playing an writing, so I'm glad it was enjoyable to read as well  :=)

And yeah, those new kids all got thrown at you in a hurry at the end, so I totally get how that was confusing.  I would have liked to have a few more shots of the new additions, but I already at the screenshot limit.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Random Selection HMLSIYW Dynasty: Cluster 3, Update 2 (3/14/21)
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2021, 02:27:44 PM »
We return to a Flummux household where some quick work to build good friendship has led to...

early age-ups for the adopted duo.

Pippin:  Hmmm, it's odd that little Noah, who is adopted, looks more like Aravin than his biological triplets.  But speaking of the triplets, they continue working on their binge skilling and trait-building.

Leialia:  So is this thing supposed to be used to look up their noses?
Iree:  I think maybe it's for the eyes.  What do you think, Vaughn?
Vaughn:  ...and this little piggy stayed home!  Oh....wait...were you talking to me?
Pippin:  These ones probably do not have futures in medicine.
But the tripets were not the only ones working on skilling.

Jena:  I'm looking at myself in the mirror, but also looking through myself.
Leialia:  Wow, so a strong sense of seeing through your own walls and defenses to the true self?
Jena:  What?  No.  Literally, I'm see through.
Leialia:  Oh.  Sorry about that.  Spent too much time working on that mental skill, I guess.

Vaughn:  What did you put for number seven?
Iree:  I drew a unicorn!
Vaughn:  ...this is history homework, not art class.
Iree:  Well, I'm cute and the unicorn's cute, so I figure I'll at least get partial credit.
Vaughn:  That's not a thing.
Pippin:  No, she's adorable, I think her point is valid.
And no surprise with a full household, lots of exciting things were happening.  Like friend-making!

Iree:  I'm adorable and you should be my friend!
Random Sim:  I mean, I'm gloomy by nature and in a sad mood, but your cuteness has overwhelmed me and I am totally going to be your friend.
Iree:  Thanks!

Erwin:  So, I thought I could use this clay to sculpt ideas of the conspiracies that I think are happening in Strangerville.
Vaughn:  Or we could just be friends to complete this stage of my aspiration.
Erwin  (sigh) Okay.
And Aravin went out of his way to bring a friend over to the house.

Aravin:  OHMYGOSH!!!  That's so funny!!!  I...can't breathe!!  Laughing...so hard...
Pippin:  How did you get fatally amused?!?!?!?  You were just painting!!

Grim:  Oh, hi, kids!  I'm Grim.  I'm here to take your father off on a trip to the afterlife!
Leialia:  Wait, are you going to upcharge him for bags and stuff, or are those included?
Grim:  I...don't know.  We don't really have a policy on that...
Leialia:  Well, does he at least get a complimentary carry-on bag?
Grim:  I think you're missing the point...
Leialia:  And are snacks provided?  Like little bags of peanuts and maybe a soda?
Vendara:  Thanks for buying me time to get over here, sweetie, I'll take over now.
Leialia:  You're welcome, Mom!

Vendara:  Please don't take my husband away, Mr. Reaper.  I just couldn't handle being a single mom of six kids...
Iree:  You know, if he does leave, you could have seven kids and finish the dynasty sooner.
Vendara:  Not helping, dear.
Grim:  Sorry, Vendara, but I have my orders.
Vendara:  And I have Tessy's cell number.  Do you really want me to give her a call, Mr. Gnomeykins?
Grim:  ...but sometimes orders are meant to be changed!

Aravin:  AAHHHHH!!!!!
Grim:  You are welcome!
Alex Goth:  That's so cool!  Maybe I should be a Reaper when I grow up?
Grim:  Nah, be a dynasty spouse, kid.  It's a way cooler gig.
And as if the near death of one of our founders wasn't enough, we also had some age-ups!  First up was young Vincente.

Aravin:  Honey, are you crying?
Vendara:  I'm just so glad that you're here to celebrate his birthday with me.
Aravin:  Aww, thanks, babe!
And not too much later, Noah went to the cake.

Pippin:  Huh, Noah looks less like Aravin now.  Not unlike his biological triplets.
Vendara:  Must you really pester my husband after his near death experience, Pippin?
Pippin:  Umm, apparently.
And young Noah quickly proved to be a devoted and protective little brother.

Noah:  Just keep moving along, creeper.  Don't you pester my big sis!
Allie:  Thanks, Noah, though you may have just cost me another shot at free coffee.
Creeper:  Oh, you want me to take you for a coffee?
Allie:  I mean, if you insist!
Noah:  ...I don't understand women.
And while he was focused on going into super hero mode to protect his sister, another one of his sisters was focused on being a super hero.

Jena:  Never fear, folks!  I'll frighten Grim away and save your loved one!
Pippin:  Awww, are you re-enacting when your Mom saved your Dad?
Jena:  No.  I'm a ghost, Pippin.  I'm just re-enacting what it might have been like if Mom had been there to save me.
Pippin:  Oh (sniff) that's (sniff sniff) really sad and adorable.
And moving on to happier thoughts...

Iree was playing with the octopus toy.
Pippin:  She's so cute!!
But before too long, that little cutie and the other triplets were ready to hit their teen years.  First up was Vaughnagin.

Vaughn:  Whoo!  That was wild! 
Pippin:  Go outside and make a friend!!
Vaughn:  ...ok?

Vaughnagin:  Oh, hey.  You're pretty.
Rieko:  Oh, hey.  You're a teen.
Vaughn:  I'll outgrow that!  I swear!!!
And next to the cake was Leialia

Leialia:  Whoa!  I'm dizzy from that spin!
Vincente:  Yeah, I'm dizzy from hitting myself in the head with a toy.
Pippin:  But you don't have the clumsy trait...and you're not biologically related to Aravin, which would have accounted for the poor luck.
Vendara:  Harsh, Pippin.
And last to approach the cake was Iree.

Vendara:  Excellent camera work, Pippin.
Pippin:  I might have jumped the gun a bit with when I clicked.

Pippin:  There she is!  All three of the triplets turned out very attractive...and not resembling Aravin at all!
Aravin:  You know, that does seem like you're throwing shade again, but it's also true, so...
And at age-up time, each of the triplets needed to finish off a single trait to age up to young adult...after they purchased their reward traits, of course.

Leialia:  So, I'm coming in to put away toys to build responsibility.
Iree:  Gotta wash these plates to build my good manners.
And soon enough, it was cake time again and then our new young adults started right to work with skilling.

Leialia:  So, apparently I'm building a skill by pushing this button so the machine will make lemon juice?
Pippin:  Such skill!!

Pippin:  And since this trio will finish up the last of our unfinished skills, Iree will get the first repeated skill with guitar!
Iree:  I am one with the music.
Pippin:  Oh, you're at least two or three with the music!
Vendara:  That's not how that works, Pippin.
But speaking of how things work, two of the unfinished skills required traveling to Selvadora...

and that's where we'll leave the Flummux family for now.  Next time, we'll have crypts and traps and bugs and bats and all of the other things that make Selvadora a vacationer's paradise.
Vaughn:  That doesn't sound good at all.  That sounds dangerous.  Life-threatening, even!  Why did we bring children here for all of that?  Isn't that child endangerment?  A poor idea at least?
And so, we bid farewell to the Flummux family.
Vaughn:  Farewell as in we're going to die?
Aravin:  Not again...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Random Selection HMLSIYW Dynasty: Cluster 3, Update 2 (3/14/21)
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2021, 09:09:57 AM »
So glad that Vendara was able to save Aravin. But was he really just painting? Have fun in Selvadora.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2021, 11:18:36 AM »
Thank goodness for Vendara!

(...was that a reference to the Tooks I see there?)

Yes, Iree, I am 80% sure that poking people in the eye is what the tool is used for.  8)
they/he pronouns please!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2021, 10:34:39 PM »
Wow, I know a household that needs to start growing Deathflowers!
Close call with Aravin and so glad Vendara was able to persuade Grim but, yeah, Deathflowers!

I can see now why you so blatantly favor Iree!  She is adorable as a child and gorgeous as a teen.
She's a knockout in her cold weather outfit as well. :)

P.S. I hate how often my sims get hysterical. It's like the game punishes me for ensuring my sims lead happy lives.

anything