Author Topic: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Aug 4)  (Read 47558 times)

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 25)
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2019, 08:52:59 AM »
Loved the shots of the scandal! Loved how you worked it all in. Aw, hate it when they get sick on their wedding day! But it was a lovely ceremony.
Thanks! It took me a while to figure out how to do it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 25)
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
Corn Gothario 3

ww.cg13.05.jpg
I have to admit that with Claudia gone, I was lonely. Yes, I saw her and dozens of other people when I went to work, but that wasn't the same.

ww.cg13.06.jpg
Mother and Dad suggested that I redo my bedroom. I could spend as much money as I wanted, they said. Ordinarily, I would be right on top of that, pausing only to consider what color scheme I wanted, but I just couldn't generate the enthusiasm. Claudia had a baby now, a little girl. I wanted to go see her and be the doting aunt, but I didn't have any enthusiasm for that, either.

ww.cg13.07.jpg
One night Max Villareal called. "I never did give you my birthday present," he said. My heart skipped a beat. I knew what he meant by "birthday present." "I've got too much family around here," he continued, "and I don' think a quick whirl in the closet in Discotheque Pan Europa would be suitable. But I've been thinking -- day after tomorrow is Freedom Day, so no work, and my folks have a place on Sulani. I can e-mail you a ticket and we'll go there."

ww.cg13.13.jpg
I broke the news to my parents when I got home from work the next day. "By yourself?" said Mother. I'd omitted mentioning Max, he not being Dad's favorite person. "I don't think that's a good idea. Those seas are infested with sharks, I've heard, and also mer-people. I've heard they can be very seductive."
"Sharks?" I said.
She just gave me a look.

ww.cg13.12.jpg
Dad pulled me aside a little later. "I understand," he said. "Your mother and sister are 'till-death-do-us-part' types, but you're more like me. You want to do a little exploring before you settle down."
This was a fascinating side to Dad I'd never known of. "How much exploring did you do?" I asked.
"None of your beeswax," he said. "The thing is, you want to stick to woo-hoo, not try-for-baby. In other words, have fun but be careful." I had kind of a qualm because Dad didn't like Max, but I rationalized that Dad wouldn't like anyone I got involved with. He wasn't terribly fond of Sterling, Claudia's husband, either.

ww.cg13.09.jpg
"Temptress," Max said, when he greeted me.

ww.cg13.10.jpg
"I just can't help it," he added. "I'm going to have to give in to temptation."

ww.cg13.17.jpg
Later, I gave him a rose. "I know we're not making any commitments," I said, "but I wanted to do something to mark the occasion."

ww.cg13.15.jpg
In the afternoon, we went skinny-dipping.

ww.cg13.16.jpg
I wanted to try woo-hoo in the water like the mermaids do, but Max said he didn't think he could manage it without one of us drowning, so we went back to the cabin and took a nap.

ww.cg13.08.jpg
After my nap, I was hungry, so I got up and put on one of my swimsuits. As I got dressed, I noticed --

ww.cg13.18.jpg
"A tattoo?" I demanded. "What's this tattoo doing on my shoulder?"
"It means there's a part of you that will always belong to me," said Max. "I thought if I did it while you were asleep, it wouldn't hurt as much."
"You thought if I was asleep, I wouldn't object."
"That too," said Max, "but I always leave a tattoo behind. It's part of the process."
I knew I wasn't Max's one-and-only, and I didn't want to appear clingy, so I didn't say anything more.

ww.cg13.19.jpg
We ate, and went back to bed, and when I woke up, Max was gone.

ww.cg13.20.jpg
He left a note on the table, along with a rose. My rose? The note said only "Work." Not "I had to work. Thanks for a life-changing experience." Or even, "Work. Thanks." Or "Work, Love, Max." Or any of a dozen things it might have said.

ww.cg13.11.jpg
After throwing up at work several times the next day, I realized that Max had given me the gift that kept on giving. Mother was a little upset when I told her.
"It was one of those mermen, wasn't it," she said. "I don't know what people are going to say."
"Mother, people have babies all the time without getting married. It's no big deal," I responded.

ww.cg13.14.jpg
Not long after that, I got together with Claudia. "You're huge," she said. "I bet you're going to have twins."
"Are you sure?" I said.
"You're much bigger than I was," she answered. "And we're twins, so it stands to reason that it runs in the family."

ww.cg13.02.jpg
We went to the Sunnyside Up Diner for breakfast. "Mother says you got married on Sulani, but your husband was eaten by sharks," Claudia told me.
It's a good thing we hadn't been given any food yet because I would have choked on it.
"I didn't get married," I said. "And there weren't any sharks."

ww.cg13.01.jpg
"So what did happen? It was Max Villareal, wasn't it," said Claudia.
"Yes, but don't tell Dad," I said.
"He's bound to figure it out when Max shows up wanting to see his babies," Claudia reminded me.
"Max doesn't know," I said. I ended up telling Claudia everything, except about the rose. But the note and the tattoo, she heard all about that. "I'm going to have to keep my shoulders covered all the time now," I complained.

ww.cg13.03.jpg
But I had good news for her, too. "I got my discharge, and found a job as a Style Influencer," I said. "You'll have to come over sometime, so I can do something about that dress."
"What's wrong with -- oh, never mind," she said. "I can see you're dying to tell me."

ww.cg13.04.jpg
And not long afterwards, I had more news. "You were right about twins," I said.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 27)
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
o.0 Wow! Max, you're a bit of a dog, aren't you XD Crimeny, now I'm really interested to see how this goes!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2019, 03:10:31 PM »
Yikes, and I'd been shipping Corn and Max, too. He better have a darn good excuse!
But again, he looks so much more attractive in your game than in my games. Why is that?
After that tattoo, the rose, and the crypic note, Max, you better pull through.
Still, i can't wait to meet the twins!

Oh, and I absolutely loved Don's father-daughter talk!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2019, 02:38:19 PM »
@Shewolf13, expect another surprise or two.

@oshizu, Maybe Max looks better because of the hair? And it's possible that exercise helps. Everyone has to join the military when they become a YA and get a promotion before they can move on to a regular career.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2019, 02:48:07 PM »
Celeste Straud, Mimi Zest, and Faith Lee-Scott 3

Celeste, Mimi, and Faith were all doing well, which meant that they didn't have much to report. For some reason, good news takes less time to report than bad.

Celeste Straud

ww.cs03.06.jpg
I love painting, but I hardly have time for it. Even though I don't have to go to school any more, there's still the garden to take care of and repairs to do around the house, plus my military service.

ww.cs03.01.jpg
"I love gardens," Brendon told me, when he met me at the Von Haunt Estate. "And I've always wanted to keep bees."

ww.cs03.02.jpg
That was all the encouragement I needed. We got engaged and found a wedding arch near the waterfall. I don't think anyone in the family would be upset that I didn't have a "real" wedding -- well, maybe Uncle Hugo. He was looking forward to making some fancy dishes for a party. I promised him mentally that I would throw a party he could cook for soon.

ww.cs03.03.jpg
As Brendon slipped the ring on my finger, I remembered all the years we had been together. We'd met as children and then gone to high school together. He'd been a couple of years ahead of me, so recently we'd only been friends. And now we were going to be together for the rest of our lives.

ww.cs03.05.jpg
We, and one more, rather small person.

ww.cs03.04.jpg
Plus the rest of the family. Dad has finally mastered gardening, and when he improves his logic, he'll be able to become a professor of botany or something. Mom continues to talk to the furniture and play with my old llamacorn, but she's doing well at work. Uncle Max has gone into Grandfather's line of business, which we are not allowed to inquire about. We've hardly seen Uncle Max recently. My brother Frank is still in high school. Brendon was able to help him with his homework the other day.

ww.cs03.07.jpg
Frank was kind of upset when he came home from school. He heard that Corn Gothario had had twins. "She won't want to marry me now that she's produced a dynasty heir," he told Uncle Hugo.

Uncle Hugo has many excellent qualities, but tact is not one of them. "True," he said, "but you can still make a big contribution to your sister's dynasty. Look at me, I've maxed cooking and gourmet cooking, and I'll probably finish mixology and become a celebrity chef by the time I've finished."

I don't think Frank was really in love with Corn, but I think he had been expecting to marry her. Now it looks like she won't marry anyone at all.

Mimi Zest

ww.mz03.01.jpg
Not many pictures. I became a young adult, emotionally controlled and responsible, which sounds kind of depressing, when you think about it. Dale is still a teen, worst luck. I got my fitness up high enough so that I can get discharged from the military after my first or second day of work. I'm making progress as a writer, and Dad maxed writing, so he can mentor me if I need any help. Aunt Yuki got promoted.

ww.mz03.02.jpg
Yeah, that's about it. I'm just waiting for Dale to grow up. And I'm trying to have fun while I wait.

Faith Lee-Scott

ww.fl03.01.jpg
We got the sparring bot for Heath and me, so of course, Mom is the one using it.  She wishes that Dad would use it, too, as he definitely needs more exercise.

ww.fl03.02.jpg
Dad says he'll exercise as soon as he finished learning all about programming. And maybe video gaming.

ww.fl03.03.jpg
Meanwhile, there is a new ruler in the Lee-Scott household -- Justice. That's right, we have Liberty and Justice for all.

ww.fl03.05.jpg
His aunt Hope has been helping out. She's trying to get her Good Deeds badge, but I think she might be practicing to become a mom, too. She came home on Love Day with a little flower that she was quite mysterious about.

ww.fl03.04.jpg
She's even been trying to teach Justice to talk. You can tell that he can identify some of the objects because he'll get excited and happy. When he doesn't know what something is (and what toddler can identify broccoli?), he'll fuss.

ww.fl03.06.jpg
He's really a good little guy, but he doesn't like the high chair. I don't think it's very sanitary leaving plates of food on the floor for him, but at least that way he eats something. Heath has been wonderful about cleaning up his chair.

ww.fl03.07.jpg
I got promoted at work, but I think my days of being a doctor are over. I guess I was more focused on the prestige and mental effort required than on the physical aspects.

ww.fl03.08.jpg
Cleaning the bathroom was not something I expected to be in my job description. And even if there will be orderlies to take care of that as I move up the ranks, I'll have to do operations and give shots. I don't mind handing out cups of medicine, but I hate giving shots. A career in medicine is not for the squeamish.

Mom thinks I should be a free-lance writer like she was when Hope and I were little. Dad is encouraging me to take up free-lance programming. And thanks to my skill in painting, I could make a fair amount of money as a free-lance painter. Decisions, decisions. Right now, I'm potty-trainer-in-chief.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 30)
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2019, 08:34:12 PM »
Scandalous gossip about recent graduate Corn sweeps through the high school.
And now who will Frank Straud wed? Eventually, there will be so many heirs and spares of marriageable age and not enough lots to go around!
i' pretty sure I'd never be brave enough to try what you're doing, MarianT: 10 legacies x 10 generations each...
I like Faith's freelancer plan. I can see how she would struggle, as a squeamish sim, with the doctor career.

So many toddlers this week in your game!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2019, 09:30:40 AM »
I do have plans for Frank, but I'm limiting my families to 10.

More toddlers to come!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
Babs Newbie 3

I didn't get a chance to finish the tour last time.

ww.bn13.02.jpg
We got Mom and Dad a fancy new bed, advertised to be the ultimate in comfort.

ww.bn13.01.jpg
And Roy and I got one for ourselves, too. Both bedrooms have an en suite bathroom. There are also 2 bedrooms for children and a shared bath.

ww.bn13.03.jpg
Downstairs, there's a formal dining room off the kitchen. 

ww.bn13.04.jpg
Across the hall from the kitchen is the living room. We also have a library and a den.

ww.bn13.15.jpg
Outside we have a pool and a hot tub.

ww.bn13.16.jpg
Roy and I added a greenhouse. I haven't had time to plant anything yet.

ww.bn13.17.jpg
In the basement we have a sauna. I haven't had time to use it, but Dad and Roy say that it's wonderful.

ww.bn13.05.jpg
Here are the reasons that I haven't had time for anything. That's my daughter Robin in the blue bassinet and son Carl in the pink.

ww.bn13.06.jpg
They're toddlers now, and both rather fussy. This is Robin right after her tantrum.

ww.bn13.08.jpg
And here is Carl, being scolded for throwing his food on the floor.

ww.bn13.09.jpg
I know I'm going to sound like a terrible mother, but all my life I've wanted to explore the jungles of Selvadorada, and I was beginning to resent having to stay with Robin and Carl. "Go," Roy said. "We'll be fine." I must say that slashing at vines to open a path helped relieve a lot of my tension.

ww.bn13.10.jpg
The people in the village had told me that there was a plane crashed somewhere, and I was so pleased when I managed to find it.

ww.bn13.11.jpg
Excavating with my back to it was a little creepy, though. "There are no ghosts on that plane," I told myself. "The villagers would have told me if there were ghosts." While I was digging up an artifact (that I haven't cleaned off yet), I got a phone call from home.

ww.bn13.07.jpg
Carl was refusing to eat. Could I fly back and get him to swallow something before child welfare arrived? "He doesn't like being in the high chair," I told Roy. "He'll eat his food as soon as you take him out." But Carl was still proving obdurate. And we do have the money for airfare, even a chartered plane. As soon as Carl heard I was on my way, he consented to eat again.

ww.bn13.18.jpg
And Robin did a happy dance.

ww.bn13.12.jpg
On my next trip, I actually made it into the temple. I was stung by a scorpion on the way there, however.

ww.bn13.13.jpg
I only had time to explore a few rooms, though, before I started feeling dizzy and light-headed.

ww.bn13.14.jpg
I had to return to civilization and find an antidote. Luckily, one of the villagers was able to help me out -- Alessandra Perez. She and I are good friends now. Mom, Dad, and Roy were all horrified at how sick I'd been. "What if you'd passed out in the temple?" they kept saying. "You'd have been all alone." Roy says that he's coming with me next time, but we're going to have to wait until the twins are in school.

Thanks again to @Shewolf13 for Rosa Manor!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 1)
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2019, 03:49:20 PM »
Thanks for the tour of Wolfie's Rosa Manor! What a beautiful home! With a spa room, even!
I've never seen those luxurious double beds before. Are they from Get Famous?

Those twins are so cute but look hard to handle.
If I were Babs, I'd prefer exploring in Selvadorada, too!
And, of course, I'm sooooo curious about Corn's future plans. (Thank you for explaining about Frank)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2019, 10:16:29 AM »
Thanks for the tour of Wolfie's Rosa Manor! What a beautiful home! With a spa room, even!
I've never seen those luxurious double beds before. Are they from Get Famous?

Those twins are so cute but look hard to handle.
If I were Babs, I'd prefer exploring in Selvadorada, too!
And, of course, I'm sooooo curious about Corn's future plans. (Thank you for explaining about Frank)

The beds are from Get Famous, I think.
I've had a fussy toddler before, but I think this is my first time with fussy twins. They are a handful, but cute.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2019, 09:26:40 AM »
Hugh Caliente, Cosma Curious, Hank Cottoneye, and Grant Hecking 3

ww.gh03.01.jpg
I met with Grant and Elsa Hecking at L'Attente Bovine. Despite the French and the dress code, I was not impressed. A stack of dirty dishes sat on our table the whole time we were there, ignored by the wait staff. I've received much better service at Sunnyside Up Diner, and so I told the manager.
Anyway, I sent out a message to Hugh, Cosma, and Hank that it was high time they reported in.

Hugh Caliente

ww.uc03.02.jpg
The first person I heard back from was Hugh. Hi Willow! I've been taking lots of pictures, but mostly they're of models. I've become good friends with all of them, but I don't think you know any of them. Here's Nikita, being cheeky.

ww.uc03.01.jpg
Here's Dion, being angelic. He ate all his yogurt without throwing any of it on the floor.

ww.uc03.03.jpg
Here is Dion with Dad, being less angelic, giving him the squint-eye.

ww.uc03.04.jpg
And here is Dad with Brisbane. He'd been having a swim when I asked him to come in and pose for me. Nikita says that she hopes I look half as good when I get to be Dad's age. I told her that it's quite likely I'll look half as good. Guess it's time to start working out more. Pictures of Mom coming up next. I want to catch her before her hair turns white.

Cosma Curious

ww.cc03.01.jpg
Next I heard from Cosma. This week much less stressful, Willow, she wrote, although the gremlins did attack once. I'm getting quicker at repairing, though, and I got rid of those expensive computers that couldn't be fixed. I had my birthday.

ww.cc03.03.jpg
And Stephon and I finally tied the knot.

ww.cc03.02.jpg

Oddity is doing well at school and even does his homework without being told. His teacher said that we should encourage his creativity, so he's in the Drama Club rather than Scouts. They're working on a play that he helped make cowboy costumes for.

Brenna's grade was starting to slip, so I tried to help her with homework. She's somewhat rebellious, though. "You're just my sister!" she says, "not my mom." Uncle Vidcund is still alive, and I've entered the start-up entrepreneur branch of my job.

Hank Cottoneye

ww.hc13.01.jpg
Hank was the next to report in. Mom's an elder now, but pretty as ever, even when her back hurts.

ww.hc13.02.jpg
We're trying to encourage her to retire, but she says that she enjoys mixology, and the money's good.

ww.hc13.03.jpg
I've been working out at home, using Dad's robot.

ww.hc13.05.jpg
I still prefer being by myself at work -- the squad room is always crowded.

ww.hc13.04.jpg
Luckily, solving crimes is mostly a one-person endeavor.

ww.hc13.07.jpg
I've gotten a promotion, even though I did arrest the wrong suspect. The real culprit is the woman sitting down, smirking. It would help if witnesses could at least recall the gender of the person they saw. I corrected my mistake pretty quickly, and got her to confess.

ww.hc13.06.jpg
To celebrate, Hope Lee-Scott went with me to Sunnyside Up Diner to take advantage of their "Night on the Town" promotion. We're just friends at the moment, but we do have feelings that we want to explore when she gets older.

Grant Hecking

ww.gh03.04.jpg
And finally, Grant and Elsa brought me up to date on what they've been doing. "The twins are adorable," said Grant.

ww.gh03.05.jpg
"And they look especially cute in their warmer clothes for Fall," said Elsa. "That's Amanda in red and blue, by the way, and Elspeth in aqua and pink."

ww.gh03.02.jpg
"They want a lot of attention," said Grant, "but they are fun.

ww.gh03.03.jpg
"And I do get a few minutes here and there to practice the guitar. I'm not working on magic much at the moment, though. Whenever I go off to Caster Alley, it's like no one does anything while I'm gone. I always come back to find that Elspeth and Amanda are hungry, tired, and in need of attention. So I'm waiting until they start school to start working on my spells again.

ww.gh03.06.jpg
"Dad Brant was abducted the other night," he continued, "but he seems to have returned without any ill effects other than some dizziness.

ww.gh03.07.jpg

ww.gh03.08.jpg
"He and Dad Brent celebrated their birthdays the other day.

ww.gh03.09.jpg
"I took advantage of their being home from work to take Elsa over to the gym." "I hate exercising," Elsa added. "With Reynaldo's help, I was able to reach the height of fitness," said Grant.

ww.gh03.10.jpg
"And while we were there, we noticed some of your other protegees, Willow," said Elsa. "Claudia Landgraab was doing push-ups, while Celeste Straud and her Uncle Max were on the treadmills. Mimi Zest was just wandering around. It's kind of nice running into people we know when we go places."

I thanked both of them for coming and let them return home to their toddlers. They invited me to come with them, but I declined.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 6)
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2019, 01:51:50 PM »
Sterling Landgraab and Corn Gothario 4

Sterling Landgraab

ww.sl04.01.jpg
I should have realized when Tiffany started crying as soon as I picked her up that she was not going to be an easy child to raise.

ww.sl04.10.jpg
Although she loved it when we played horsie, as soon as I stopped, she started complaining.

ww.sl04.02.jpg
If she wasn't having a tantrum about using the potty chair...

ww.sl04.03.jpg
Tiffany was making a mess in the front hall.

ww.sl04.05.jpg
It seemed like the only peace we got was when she was sleeping.

ww.sl04.04.jpg
And the only time she was happy was when we were doing her bidding.

ww.sl04.06.jpg
So naturally Claudia and I decided to have a second child. I should say that it's not that we're dissatisfied with Tiffany in any way, more that we want to provide a future spouse for one of the other dynasties.

ww.sl04.07.jpg
Claudia has finished her military service and found a job as a gardener.

ww.sl08.jpg
And I've written 2 songs: "Crying Toddler," a mournful lament, and "Elder House," a plucky tune.

ww.sl04.09.jpg
The reason I gave that name to the second song is that Dad, Mom, and Aunt Siobhan have all become elders. I don't think Tiffany put the gray in their hair -- I know. Just kidding, of course. She's a delightful child, really.

Corn Gothario

ww.cg14.01.jpg
Maria (in white) and Angela (in green) both are independent-minded toddlers. They want what they want when they want it, and not a moment too soon or too late. I spent a few hours putting them in their high chairs and taking them out again until Mother took pity on me.

"Why don't you go next door and visit Olivia?" she suggested. "She's a single mother now, like you, and I'm sure she'd appreciate some adult company."

I was out the door faster than a speeding bullet.

Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis had always been the big girl that Claudia and I were in awe of. Every time we caught up with her, she seemed to move ahead, becoming a teen when we were children and a young adult when we became teens. When her parents died, leaving her alone in that big house, it was like she'd become a fairy princess, remote and mysterious.

ww.cg14.02.jpg
"I'm so glad you came over," she said. "I'd been thinking about coming to see you -- but I didn't know how you'd feel about company if you were still grieving over your husband. Your mother told me about him and the shark."

I didn't know what to say. It wasn't that I was embarrassed about my mother's annoying "explanation" for my being a single parent, it was that I was awestruck by Olivia's beauty. I'd always known she was beautiful, but this was the first time that I took it personally, so to speak. I wanted to fold her into my arms and tell her that I was really, really sorry I hadn't been over to see her earlier, and that I would make sure she never felt lonely again. I wanted to kiss her and kiss her and never stop.

"Umm--" I began intelligently.

"Did your mother tell you that I have a toddler, too?" Olivia asked.

ww.cg14.03.jpg
"It's kind of embarrassing," she said, when I nodded. "This guy came over, said he was doing a survey. He was good-looking and kind of suave, and the next thing I knew, he'd sweet-talked me into the bedroom. He was very affectionate -- well, obviously. I haven't seen him since, not even when Vivian was born. I don't even know his name."

I took her hand. "You are so beautiful," I said, "but I have to tell you -- that hair style is all wrong for you, and that shade of blue is not a good color on you. I'm a stylist now -- would you let me give you a makeover? And maybe we could go out on a date afterwards?"

To my surprise and delight, Olivia agreed to both.

ww.cg14.05.jpg
We met at the museum, where I showed her the before and after pictures. "You made me look really good," she said. "I must have been pretty depressed to let myself go like that."

"You'd look great in a gunny sack," I said, "or nothing at all."

ww.cg14.06.jpg
"Especially nothing at all," I whispered, as I moved in for a kiss. This was the moment of truth -- would she recoil in horror, do nothing, or kiss me back?

"More," said Olivia. "Kiss me more."

ww.cg14.07.jpg
So I obliged.

ww.cg14.08.jpg
And then I proposed. "I don't want you to ever be lonely again," I said. "And I want Vivian to be friends with my little terrors all her life. And I want to keep you safe from any stray cads pretending to do surveys, and..."

ww.cg14.09.jpg
Olivia said yes and jumped into my arms. It's the first and only time I've been grateful for my military training, because otherwise I wouldn't have had the strength to hold her.

ww.cg14.10.jpg
The museum was still pretty empty, so we got married right there, in our little corner.

ww.cg14.11.jpg
At home we added another high chair and bed for Vivian.

ww.cg14.12.jpg
She and Angela were soon on the way to becoming good friends.

ww.cg14.13.jpg
The next morning, as we were making plans for the day, I saw Olivia's left shoulder for the first time. I started to ask where she got the tattoo, but I didn't really need to. I think I'd known all along that the only person evil enough to take advantage of my darling was Max. And it was really galling that I was in debt to him for the little bundle of adorableness that was Vivian as well as my own two sweeties. Should I tell Olivia that she and I had more in common that she realized? I'd always planned to tell her the truth about my "husband," but now I didn't know what to say. How would she take it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 9)
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2019, 03:41:22 PM »
Great plot twist!
I wonder if Olivia will notice Corn's tattoo before Corn works up the nerve to tell her...
Well, Max is a dog but, on the plus side, the three toddlers are half-sisters. :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »
Great plot twist!
I wonder if Olivia will notice Corn's tattoo before Corn works up the nerve to tell her...
Well, Max is a dog but, on the plus side, the three toddlers are half-sisters. :D

Good point about the tattoo...
And yes, the 3 are half-sisters and pretty much the same age.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2019, 06:05:11 PM »
Celeste Straud, Mimi Zest, and Faith Lee-Scott

Celeste Straud

ww.cs04.02.jpg
Celeste is very proud of her little heiress, Rosa (named after Brendon's mother).

ww.cs04.03.jpg
Rosa is very cute...

ww.cs04.07.jpg
...but also independent and inclined to get upset when asked to do something she doesn't want to do.

ww.cs04.04.jpg
She does enjoy going to the park, though.

ww.cs04.05.jpg
And Celeste has found that sparring with Brendon's robot helps her deal with the stress of raising a toddler.

ww.cs04.06.jpg
Meanwhile, her father Vladislaus has developed his skill in logic and reached the height of the gardener career.

ww.cs04.01.jpg
And Celeste's younger brother Frank is becoming friends with Ericka Pancakes. "Maybe we can meet up when we go to university?" he asked hopefully.
Ericka shrugged. "That's assuming I get accepted. My grades aren't the greatest."
"Maybe I could help you study?" said Frank.
"Maybe," Ericka agreed.

Mimi Zest

ww.mz04.02.jpg
Dear Diary,
I don't have lots to write about, but at least a little more than usual.

ww.mz04.04.jpg
I finished my military service and found a job as a freelance reporter. This means that I spend a lot of time hunched over a computer, which isn't very exciting visually.

ww.mz04.01.jpg
But I did go to Waterside Warble in San Myshuno and interview a woman on the street -- "on," you understand, not "of" -- to get her opinion of National Leader Landgraab's bribery scandal.

ww.mz04.09.jpg
And then I bearded the lion himself, catching him at home playing chess. He wouldn't say anything other than "No comment," though. Sigh.

ww.mz04.03.jpg
As for other news, Mom and Dad and Aunt Yuki are all doing well. Dad appeared on Stephen Simbert's show the other night, and Mom has been practicing the guitar again.

ww.mz04.05.jpg
And my romance with Dale Cottoneye may get a boost. He and I celebrated his birthday at L'Attente Bovine the other night.

ww.mz04.06.jpg
Along with several other ladies. I think one in particular, who blasted a horn right in my ear, caught his eye.

ww.mz04.07.jpg
I don't have a jealous bone in my body, but I do have a few suspicious brain cells. "How well do you know her?" I asked Dale.
"Who?" he asked.
"The blonde in green," I said, "the one with the horn who was wearing a skimpy top."
"I didn't notice," he said.
Should I believe him? I mean, how could he not notice?

ww.mz04.08.jpg
Anyway, he convinced me later that I didn't have anything to be jealous about.

Faith Lee-Scott

ww.fl04.01.jpg
We all dressed up in costume for Spooky Day, and Justice made an adorable elf.

ww.fl04.07.jpg
Dad celebrated his elder birthday, blowing out his candles as Boba Fett.

ww.fl04.02.jpg
Justice has a love-hate relationship with his high chair. He loves being put into it.

ww.fl04.03.jpg
And I guess you could say he also loves knocking food off it. I'd feed him on the floor, but he doesn't seem to realize he's supposed to eat something until he's been put in the chair.

ww.fl04.04.jpg
Sometimes he's so tired by the time he's finished eating that he just falls asleep right then and there.

ww.fl04.05.jpg
Hope's been going through some mood swings lately. She burst into tears as soon as she came home from school the other day. She really wants to leave school and marry Hank Cottoneye.

ww.fl04.06.jpg
"But why can't I become an adult early?" she asked Mom.
"Because you haven't finished school yet."
"But I'm an A student," said Hope. "And I'm responsible. Mimi Zest aged up Dale Cottoneye early."
"That's Mimi Zest's business," said Mom. "All I'm saying is that you'll finish your teen years, young lady."
Needless to say, Hope has been sulking and slouching around the house. I could make her a cake, but I'm pretty sure that Hank will take her out to dinner and get a cake soon.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 13)
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2019, 09:16:12 AM »
Babs Newbida, Hugh Caliente, Cosma Curious, Hank Cottoneye, and Grant Hecking

It's been a whirlwind week, what with a patch and an upset to the calendar. That's why the Watcher is writing this chapter. She's the only one who knows what's been happening.

ww.14.01.jpg
First of all, here's one reason for playing so many families in rotation. In one visit to the gym, we spotted Sterling and Claudia Landgraab, Faith Lee-Scott (in back), Mimi Zest, and Celeste Straud.

Babs Newbida

ww.bn14.01.jpg
The person most affected by the calendar upset was Babs, who went from being in the middle of autumn to the beginning. "I'm having a hard time figuring out what day it is," she said, "and it's not just because I'm the mother of twin toddlers."

ww.bn14.02.jpg
Fussy twin toddlers, one might add, who always seem to require either food, bed, or the potty. But at least Carl was willing to get into bed for his story, and Robin pushed her food off her high chair tray only once.

ww.bn14.03.jpg
Calendar strangeness aside, Roy had his adult birthday. "They say life begins at 40," he remarked, "and I'm inclined to agree with them."

Hugh Caliente

Besides maxing photography, Hugh and his family experienced...

ww.uc04.01.jpg
...a death (Brisbane's),

ww.uc04.02.jpg
...an abduction (Nikita's),

ww.uc04.03.jpg
...and a very special birthday. Katrina is an elder now and plans to retire from acting. She's going to let her hair go white, too. "Everyone would know that I was getting it colored," she said. "The haters have believed that all along, so I'm going to surprise them."

Cosma Curious

Cosma's sister Brenna shocked everyone by moving to San Myshuno and preparing to go to college.

ww.cc14.02.jpg
"Are your grades good enough?" asked Cosma.
Brenna was barely holding on to a B, so she settled down to some serious studying and was able to get a scholarship in culinary arts.

ww.cc14.01.jpg
Living in San Myshuno was financially difficult, though, as no one answered Brenna's ad for a roommate. She decided to move back to Affluista Mansion.

ww.c14.03.jpg
Meanwhile, Stephon, Cosma, and Oddity all went out to dinner at Villa Bovine. We'll have to wait until next time to find out how Brenna did during her first semester.

Hank Cottoneye

ww.hc14.01.jpg
We'll begin with Dale, who invited Mimi Zest over on Spooky Day. "Oooh, I love a man of mystery," she said.

ww.hc14.02.jpg
Dale proposed as Darth Vader.

ww.hc14.03.jpg
But he got married as himself, in his formal clothes, too.

ww.hc14.05.jpg
Hank took his daisy-girl, Hope Lee-Scott, out to dinner at Villa Bovine, where she blew out the candles on her cake.

ww.hc14.04.jpg
Now that they could become romantic, Hank didn't waste any time.

ww.hc14.06.jpg
He proposed early the next morning.

ww.hc14.07.jpg
They got married right away.

ww.hc14.08.jpg
Summer was delighted. "I told you she was the right girl for you," she gushed. "My best friend's daughter -- it's a dream come true."
"What?" said Hank.
"Hope is the daughter of my two dear friends, Liberty Lee and Travis Scott," said Summer. "Didn't you know that?"
"Yeah, yeah, sure," said Hank, not wanting to admit that he'd been clueless. It wouldn't look good for a senior detective.

ww.hc14.10.jpg
At work, Hank had a new crime to investigate. He interviewed a college girl who was a witness, Angela Pleasant.

ww.hc14.09.jpg
It took him a while to find the criminal -- the real culprit had been dressed in his hot weather outfit and didn't match the BOLO. But Hank soon sorted it out.

ww.hc14.11.jpg
After the interrogation, he took a police report from a civilian, Corn Gothario. "Someone keeps knocking over our trash can," she said.
"You have any idea who it might be?" Hank asked.
Corn hesitated. "Probably just kids," she said.
Hank noticed the hesitation. "If someone's been harrassing you, it's your duty to report it," he told her, but Corn wouldn't say any more.

Grant Hecking

ww.gh04.01.jpg
Grant didn't have time to go to the Caster's Alley, but he was able to learn a new spell, Transportalate.

ww.gh04.02.jpg
And Papa Brent had a day off from work, so he was able to look after Elspeth and Amanda. Both Grant and Elsa managed to get promoted. Elspeth and Amanda both had their birthdays. Elspeth is a genius and a spellcaster and working on becoming a Rambunctious Scamp, while Amanda loves the outdoors and wants to become an artistic prodigy.
And that's the 4th round. Hugh Caliente might start taking college classes, and Brenna Curious will continue her studies. Some changes have been made to the point system, too.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 18)
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2019, 09:35:13 PM »
Sterling Landgraab, Corn Gothario, Celeste Straud

Sterling Landgraab

ww.sl05.07.jpg
We have a new little one who is very curious about everything. Her name is Nanette, after Dad's mother.

ww.sl05.06.jpg
She's not as adept at climbing stairs as her older sister Tiffany, but she's getting there. The two of them look so much alike that they might as well be twins.

ww.sl05.05.jpg
Claudia has gone into flower arranging as her career. I think she looks wonderful in her flowery apron.

ww.sl05.04.jpg
Mom was watching the weather the other night (I think she might have a crush on the guy at the beach).

ww.sl05.02.jpg
All of a sudden she called out because Dad was being interviewed on television. "Did you solicit the bribe?" the interviewer asked. "What was the bribe for?"

ww.sl05.01.jpg
Later that night, Dad and I were watching television when the comedian Johnny Zest came on. He had a lot of jokes about Dad, things like "Maybe his name Landgraab should be changed to Moneygraab."
"He's always hated us," Dad growled. "He used to claim he was my father's illegitimate son or maybe it was my mother's out-of-wedlock child. Anyway, I can't stand him."

ww.sl05.03.jpg
It wasn't too surprising that Dad got a phone call the next morning. "The senators want me to retire," he told me. "I said I had plenty of good years left in me, but they said I should retire for the good of the party. I'll get a good pension, but..." Since then, he's been kind of moping around the house. It does mean that someone is home to look after Tiffany and Nanette, but I don't know whether he's paying much attention.

Corn Gothario

ww.cg15.01.jpg
They're so adorable when they're asleep. I overheard Mom and Dad saying that it was a pity they would have to grow up. I think that must have put some kind of curse on them.

ww.cg15.02.jpg
I never dreamed things could get so chaotic. That's Maria screaming in the high chair and Vivian playing with the frying pan.

ww.cg15.05.jpg
That's Maria sleeping on the floor while Angela is throwing a tantrum.

ww.cg15.06.jpg
That's Angela taking a nap when she should be sleeping in bed.

ww.cg15.04.jpg
That's Maria who is very much in need of a bath after using her diaper.

ww.cg15.03.jpg
And that's Olivia trying to give Angela some fun while Dad blows out his candles.

ww.cg15.07.jpg
I finally went to the gym where I met Claudia. "I'm going crazy," I said. "They don't want to eat in their high chairs, but if you put food out for them, they wait until it's spoiled to pick it up. None of them will let you read them to sleep. And even if you get all of them to actually sleep in bed, sure enough, one of them will wake up and start screaming and wake the others up, too. They're always hungry, they always want attention, and they always need a bath. Max Villareal came over to the house the other night, and you know what -- neither Olivia or I cared, we were both so exhausted. But at least we got all three of them potty-trained."
"That's a real accomplishment," said Claudia. "We're still working on Tiffany."
"I can't believe you and I were that dreadful," said Corn. "I tried to ask Mom, but she was playing the violin and in a world of her own. And Dad's mostly been upstairs, either running on the treadmill or playing chess. I'll tell you, I cannot wait for them to grow up."

Celeste Straud

ww.cs05.01.jpg
Her experiences with Rosa have been a little easier. "I think it's because there's just one of her," said Celeste. "She's independent, so she says no a lot, but if you're persistent, you can get her to cooperate.

ww.cs05.03.jpg
"Dad has read her a good-night story a couple of times.

ww.cs05.02.jpg
"We had a party the other day, mostly so Hugo could complete one of his requirements for Master Chef. Anyway, she took her food upstairs so she could eat with Mom.

ww.cs05.04.jpg
"And she absolutely loves to dance. Whenever Rosa complains that she's not having any fun, we just turn on the radio."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 24)
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2019, 01:07:34 PM »
Oooh, Grant's household will need to work harder to overcome that -10 handicap for his becoming a spellcaster.
I laughed at Corn's report about the mysterious trashcan kicker. I can't imagine Max would be thrilled at the idea of his two ex-lovers getting married and raising "his" children.

Does toddler raising seem more difficult to you since the recent patch?
My current heir and her spouse raised their toddlers in the same manner as the previous generations, but the Fun and Attention needs of my post-patch toddler seemed to fall quickly and often.
Perhaps I'm getting complacent and not paying enough attention to these last toddlers. Just thought I'd ask.

So many households with adorable toddlers now!  It's smart of you to stagger your 10 households' marriages and pregnancies.
Playing through the toddler stage in 10 households in a row would be exhausting (for me).

Poor Malcolm and his evil trait. A happy ending manages to elude him yet again...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2019, 01:53:30 PM »
Thanks, @oshizu !

Yes, toddlers have been more difficult since the pre-DU patch. They put out another one today that fixes the speed at which toddlers' needs decay. I've played many toddlers, but Corn's 3 (and to some extent, Sterling's 2) were driving me crazy. I had to do some "cheating" (controlling them even when it wasn't a free day) just to make sure they weren't being taken away for not being fed. When they were in the red on hunger, attention, fun, and sleep (not to mention bladder and hygiene), the toddlers didn't always make the "right" choice of eating their food.

Incidentally, thanks to everyone for putting me over 10,000 views! It gives me a real incentive to hurry up with the next chapter.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2019, 08:13:11 PM »
Mimi Zest 5

ww.mz05.01.jpg
Finally, I'm getting my own chapter, top billing, not sharing with anyone.

ww.mz05.09.jpg
Except the rest of the family. Meet Toby Zest, the cute little kid with the bowl haircut, which he can carry off. Dale is looking kind of shell-shocked -- I don't know if that's because he just joined the military or because he realized he's the father of a toddler.

ww.mz05.15.jpg
Dale and Dad are getting to know each other.

ww.mz05.14.jpg
"Just help out with the cleaning and the laundry and we'll get along fine," I overheard Dad saying to him. I guess Dale took it to heart.

ww.mz05.16.jpg
Mom and Aunt Yuki have plenty of advice for me. I wish I could get Mom to play the piano more. "The Lot of the Rising Sun" is my favorite. And Aunt Yuki is becoming famous for her "Let's Plays."

ww.mz05.04.jpg
What's amazing is that Dad and Toby have really bonded.

ww.mz05.03.jpg
They dance together.

ww.mz05.06.jpg
Dad helps with potty-training. "Let me show you how it's done, kid," he told me. And I guess his lessons work because Toby is one sippy cup away from being fully trained.

ww.mz05.05.jpg
They even have an inside joke with each other. "Toby or not Toby, that is the question," Dad will declaim.

ww.mz05.07.jpg
And Toby will giggle.

ww.mz05.08.jpg
The other day I had to make a very special birthday cake. And yes, that's a baby bump.

ww.mz05.10.jpg
Dale was in shock when I told him, but it makes sense. We want a little boy so that Toby will have someone to play with. And we want the two of them to be closer in age than he and Hank were. So I'm pregnant now rather than waiting for Toby to finish his toddler years.

ww.mz05.11.jpg
Anyway, Dad had his birthday and immediately started complaining about his back.

ww.mz05.12.jpg
He and Mom still look really good, especially when they're all dressed up for their jobs. I almost wish I had to wear formal wear to work, too, but no, sweats are more comfortable when you're writing.

ww.mz05.13.jpg
Dad is still buddies with Toby, but he's not rough-housing with him any more because it hurts his back. Flash cards are about his speed now.

ww.mz05.02.jpg
Yep, I can't complain -- which is kind of a problem for my writing. Nobody wants to read about people who are happy all the time. Hmm, I'll have to think about that.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 27)
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2019, 08:56:15 PM »
Grandpa Johnny and Toby are so great together!
Toby or not Toby---haha, good one!
I'm really enjoying how different each household feels from each other.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2019, 08:17:55 AM »
Grandpa Johnny and Toby are so great together!
Toby or not Toby---haha, good one!
I'm really enjoying how different each household feels from each other.

I'm enjoying their differences. too. Coming up with jokes for Johnny is hard, but that one just fell into place.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2019, 11:18:46 AM »
Faith Lee-Scott and Babs Newbida 5

ww.bn15.01.jpg
One winter afternoon, long-time friends Faith Lee-Scott and Babs Newbida got together in Willow Creek. "I haven't seen you in forty forevers," Faith gushed. "Tell me about all your adventures."
"You first," said Babs. "How's your little one doing?"

ww.fl05.01.jpg
"Justice is great!" said Faith. "He was a little clingy when he was younger, but now that his big boy birthday is approaching, he actually likes playing by himself sometimes.

ww.fl05.02.jpg
"Of course, he still likes plenty of attention, especially around naptime, and especially from Mom. We're not sure who he's going to look like yet.

ww.fl05.04.jpg
"I'm hoping he'll resemble Heath more than me."
"And how's your Dad?"

ww.fl05.05.jpg
"He's doing great," said Faith. "He's almost at the top of his profession, and what he doesn't know about programming isn't enough to fill a matchbook."
"And your job?" asked Babs.

ww.fl05.03.jpg
"Freelancing is harder than you might think," said Faith. "The clients can be very picky. 'Too ordinary,' they say, and when you give them something more surreal, it's 'Could you make it a little more reality-based?' I'm thinking about getting out of the art business and becoming a lawyer. Now that I've painted my fifth masterpiece, I'm looking for something new to do. But what about you? What discoveries have you made?"

ww.bn15.02.jpg
Babs sighed. "I've discovered that toddlers don't like peas.

ww.bn15.03.jpg
"The votes are unanimous.

ww.bn15.11.jpg
"And I've also realized that I'm not going to stay young forever. Dad just became an elder, and it freaked me out a little.

ww.bn15.05.jpg
"'You should take a trip to Selvadorada,' Mom told me. 'Your father and I will look after the children.'

ww.bn15.15.jpg
"'Are you sure?' I said. 'Because it seems to me that all the two of you do is sit around and eat.'
'Hmph,' said Mom. 'If you're that grumpy, you really do need to get away for a while.'

ww.bn15.06.jpg
"So I went to Selvadorada and had a pretty good time, even though I'd promised Roy that I wouldn't try to explore any more ruins. But talking to the residents, I learned more about the jungle, which would help when I did start exploring again.

ww.bn15.07.jpg
"And I paid my respects to the Madre Cosecha, and asked her for some help with my situation.

ww.bn15.14.jpg
"Returning home, everyone was in a panic because they couldn't find Robin. It turned out she was in the basement, dancing.

ww.bn15.10.jpg
"Panics aside, they all had a great time while I was gone. Mom got a promotion. She doesn't like the dress she has to wear -- 'You better not talk about whales where I can hear you,' she said. 'Not unless you want me to come into your bedroom and practice scales until you wake up.'

ww.bn15.12.jpg
"Dad discovered the hot tub out back.

ww.bn15.13.jpg
"'You ought to try it,' he said. 'You soak for a while, and then you get out and make an angel in the snow, and jump back in the tub before you freeze -- it's great!'
'I'll pass,' I said. 'I don't want to get pneumonia.'

ww.bn15.04.jpg
"I have to admit, Robin and Carl have been better behaved since my little expedition," said Babs. "There's just one thing --"

bww.bn15.08.jpg
"Yes?" inquired Faith.
"Some creepy-crawlies came back in my luggage," said Babs. "I was able to deal with the bats...

ww.bn15.09.jpg
"...but poor Roy got attacked by a swarm of bees."

ww.bn15.16.jpg
"That sounds nasty," said Faith. "By the way, meckchate."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 30)
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2019, 03:22:59 PM »
Hugh Caliente and Cosma Curious 5

Hugh Caliente

ww.uc05.01.jpg

ww.uc05.02.jpg
One of the perks of being a fashion photographer is that you become good friends with all your models. Hugh is only a couple of photo shoots away from becoming a Friend of the World. But not every photographer is as ethical as he is.

ww.uc05.03.jpg
The paparazzi apparently have cameras that can see through walls, capturing intimate moments like Hugh reading Dion his good-night book...

ww.uc05.04.jpg
...or kissing Nikita...

ww.uc05.05.jpg
...or the shower emitting a light show.

ww.uc05.06.jpg
Hugh takes some intimate photos himself, but only to share with family members, like this one of J chilling in their moonlit pool.

ww.uc05.07.jpg
Or this one of Nikita, making the discovery that she is pregnant again.

ww.uc05.08.jpg
And someone else took this picture of Dion -- communicative, imaginative, motor-skilled, and potty-trained Dion -- blowing out the candles (with Hugh's help) on his cake.

Cosma Curious

ww.cc15.01.jpg
'Twas the night before Winterfest
and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring...

except for whoever was coming to investigate these weird lights...

ww.cc15.04.jpg
and Brenna who was upstairs working on the presentation for one of her classes...

ww.cc15.02.jpg
and Vidcund, who was dying...

ww.cc15.03.jpg
and Oddity, who got up in time to meet the Grim Reaper...

ww.cc15.05.jpg
and Cosma, who came to plead for her Uncle Vidcund. "You can't take him tonight," she protested. "Tomorrow's Winterfest!"

ww.cc15.06.jpg
The Grim Reaper relented and brought Vidcund back to life.

ww.cc15.07.jpg

ww.cc15.08.jpg
Later he posed for a few pictures, and he and Cosma became good friends.

ww.cc15.09.jpg
Early in the morning, Stephon returned with a Winterfest present from Senior Pollination Technician #3.

ww.cc15.10.jpg
Later, they all gathered around the Winterfest tree...

ww.cc15.11.jpg
which then burned to ashes. (Aliens are weird.)

anything