Author Topic: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 15)  (Read 119309 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 21)
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
Grant Hecking 2

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I joined the military immediately after graduation and, for reasons which will soon become obvious, I've decided to stay. It's one job where I can work from home, and usually the duties are light, except for marching. I marched all over the neighborhood the other day and never got any credit for it.

The other thing that happened right after graduation was that Elsa came over and decided to quit being a teen. She also got a make over. Dad Brant asked why she covered her face with a turban and sunglasses and she explained that because everyone dislikes her mother and because she looks so much like her, and besides her mother is dead now, it was less painful to just hide her face. That way she avoids conversations like, "Oh, you look just like Eliza Pancakes. I've always hated her -- oh, sorry, I forgot she had died."

Dad Brant managed to get her to remove the turban, and I did my best to persuade her that she was beautiful.

"Do you really think I'm pretty?" she kept asking, until finally I had to convince her by proposing.

We got married right away.

And soon were in the mood to try for baby.

Which effort succeeded. "Are you sure it's okay to be this big so early in your pregnancy?" I couldn't help asking, when she let me feel the baby.

Elsa was so mad that she marched off to work without saying good-bye. She's doing her military service like me, but she plans to get her discharge as soon as possible. She wants to be a celebrity.

It wasn't long before she had the baby. Babies. There were two of them, and yes, I said I told you so.

Elspeth was the first (and she inherited my spell-casting ability and her mother's red hair), and Amanda was second.

So here are my two charmers: Amanda on the left and Elspeth on the right.

I've been trying to keep up with my magic studies, but I had a terrible time with repairio the other day.

And I can't seem to win a duel against anyone. It's taking me longer to get defeated though. At first I went down at the first shot.

There is one thing I'm getting good at -- potty training.

I just wish I could believe that Elspeth and Amanda are getting good at it, too. They take hours, even when they really, really need to go.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 24)
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »
I do believe that Grant Hecking is one of my favorite sims in your story!
As a nerdy sort, it seems right that he would marry someone out of the "gossip girls" circle. :)
Remind me why people dislike Eliza Pancakes? She makes very lovely children--look at Elsa! (Haha, Elsa was HUUUGE!)
Can't wait to see more of Grant's magical journey, Elsa's dramatic life, and the twins!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »

Remind me why people dislike Eliza Pancakes? She makes very lovely children--look at Elsa! (Haha, Elsa was HUUUGE!)
Can't wait to see more of Grant's magical journey, Elsa's dramatic life, and the twins!

I'm glad to hear that you like Grant. As for people disliking Eliza Pancakes, I don't know why players dislike her, and there are many who don't. But I do know that some Sims don't like her. Several of mine had red-bar relationships with her, not from the way I played them with her but from what happened when they weren't being controlled. Darrel Charms seems to be the same way. Grant couldn't stand him even before he kept wanting to duel.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2019, 04:14:52 PM »
Sterling Landgraab 3

As soon as I learned that my very good friend Claudia Gothario wasn't a teenager any more, I started romancing her. Compliments, caresses, kisses -- finally she was willing to listen to my proposal.

To my astonished delight, she said yes! We agreed to have the wedding the next day, when neither of us would have to work. I floated home, the happiest man on the planet.

It was hard for me to settle down to sleep, though, so I got up to watch the 11:00 news.

"Leader Landgraab accepting bribes?" the announcer began. "One of our roving camera people caught this shot.

"When I asked Leader Landgraab if he had any comment, he shrugged and said that he can't help it if people hand him briefcases full of money.

"But our camera man caught this picture, too -- looks like he's soliciting to me. Someone needs to tell our Leader that bribery is a crime, whether you're asking or receiving.
"

I switched off the television in shock. Quickly I sent a text to Claudia: Scandal brewing for my dad. Do you still want to get married?

She texted me right back: Does this mean you want to get out of it?

I called her back, but of course her phone went immediately to voicemail. NO! I texted. But political scandals are no fun. I'll always want to marry you, but I'll underst I'd reached my limit on characters. I sent another message: See you tomorrow at Myshuno Meadows.

It took a while to get everyone seated. We left the front row empty for Claudia's family. She told me they all had to work on Saturday, but they wished us well.

We exchanged vows under the arch. The word "forever" gave me a bit of a qualm, but when I looked at Claudia, my nervousness disappeared. I might have trouble committing to most things, but I could always commit to her.

Afterwards the fireworks went off behind the arch. Claudia and I set off some fireworks later, but that was private.

I gave my bride a taste of the wedding cake I'd made, and she gave some to me.

She and Mom had a talk about something -- neither one would say what they had discussed. My childhood follies, perhaps?

Later on, as I serenaded Claudia, I realized that I wasn't feeling too well.

Claudia was breaking out in a rash, too. We think it was the cake. Maybe I should have cooked it at a higher temperature?
So, the wedding was memorable, but maybe not the happiest day of my life, what with Dad's scandal and getting sick and all.

A really happy moment came a few days later, when Claudia revealed that she was pregnant.

After she went to bed, I went over to the museum in Willow Creek to practice the piano for my next promotion. I'm going to become a father. I can't believe it. It's like all my dreams are coming true. Well, not all, not yet -- I have to finish my song and get it published, but when that happens...I feel like the happiest Sim alive.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 25)
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2019, 12:50:05 AM »
Loved the shots of the scandal! Loved how you worked it all in. Aw, hate it when they get sick on their wedding day! But it was a lovely ceremony.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2019, 08:52:59 AM »
Loved the shots of the scandal! Loved how you worked it all in. Aw, hate it when they get sick on their wedding day! But it was a lovely ceremony.
Thanks! It took me a while to figure out how to do it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
Corn Gothario 3

I have to admit that with Claudia gone, I was lonely. Yes, I saw her and dozens of other people when I went to work, but that wasn't the same.

Mother and Dad suggested that I redo my bedroom. I could spend as much money as I wanted, they said. Ordinarily, I would be right on top of that, pausing only to consider what color scheme I wanted, but I just couldn't generate the enthusiasm. Claudia had a baby now, a little girl. I wanted to go see her and be the doting aunt, but I didn't have any enthusiasm for that, either.

One night Max Villareal called. "I never did give you my birthday present," he said. My heart skipped a beat. I knew what he meant by "birthday present." "I've got too much family around here," he continued, "and I don' think a quick whirl in the closet in Discotheque Pan Europa would be suitable. But I've been thinking -- day after tomorrow is Freedom Day, so no work, and my folks have a place on Sulani. I can e-mail you a ticket and we'll go there."

I broke the news to my parents when I got home from work the next day. "By yourself?" said Mother. I'd omitted mentioning Max, he not being Dad's favorite person. "I don't think that's a good idea. Those seas are infested with sharks, I've heard, and also mer-people. I've heard they can be very seductive."
"Sharks?" I said.
She just gave me a look.

Dad pulled me aside a little later. "I understand," he said. "Your mother and sister are 'till-death-do-us-part' types, but you're more like me. You want to do a little exploring before you settle down."
This was a fascinating side to Dad I'd never known of. "How much exploring did you do?" I asked.
"None of your beeswax," he said. "The thing is, you want to stick to woo-hoo, not try-for-baby. In other words, have fun but be careful." I had kind of a qualm because Dad didn't like Max, but I rationalized that Dad wouldn't like anyone I got involved with. He wasn't terribly fond of Sterling, Claudia's husband, either.

"Temptress," Max said, when he greeted me.

"I just can't help it," he added. "I'm going to have to give in to temptation."

Later, I gave him a rose. "I know we're not making any commitments," I said, "but I wanted to do something to mark the occasion."

In the afternoon, we went skinny-dipping.

I wanted to try woo-hoo in the water like the mermaids do, but Max said he didn't think he could manage it without one of us drowning, so we went back to the cabin and took a nap.

After my nap, I was hungry, so I got up and put on one of my swimsuits. As I got dressed, I noticed --

"A tattoo?" I demanded. "What's this tattoo doing on my shoulder?"
"It means there's a part of you that will always belong to me," said Max. "I thought if I did it while you were asleep, it wouldn't hurt as much."
"You thought if I was asleep, I wouldn't object."
"That too," said Max, "but I always leave a tattoo behind. It's part of the process."
I knew I wasn't Max's one-and-only, and I didn't want to appear clingy, so I didn't say anything more.

We ate, and went back to bed, and when I woke up, Max was gone.

He left a note on the table, along with a rose. My rose? The note said only "Work." Not "I had to work. Thanks for a life-changing experience." Or even, "Work. Thanks." Or "Work, Love, Max." Or any of a dozen things it might have said.

After throwing up at work several times the next day, I realized that Max had given me the gift that kept on giving. Mother was a little upset when I told her.
"It was one of those mermen, wasn't it," she said. "I don't know what people are going to say."
"Mother, people have babies all the time without getting married. It's no big deal," I responded.

Not long after that, I got together with Claudia. "You're huge," she said. "I bet you're going to have twins."
"Are you sure?" I said.
"You're much bigger than I was," she answered. "And we're twins, so it stands to reason that it runs in the family."

We went to the Sunnyside Up Diner for breakfast. "Mother says you got married on Sulani, but your husband was eaten by sharks," Claudia told me.
It's a good thing we hadn't been given any food yet because I would have choked on it.
"I didn't get married," I said. "And there weren't any sharks."

"So what did happen? It was Max Villareal, wasn't it," said Claudia.
"Yes, but don't tell Dad," I said.
"He's bound to figure it out when Max shows up wanting to see his babies," Claudia reminded me.
"Max doesn't know," I said. I ended up telling Claudia everything, except about the rose. But the note and the tattoo, she heard all about that. "I'm going to have to keep my shoulders covered all the time now," I complained.

But I had good news for her, too. "I got my discharge, and found a job as a Style Influencer," I said. "You'll have to come over sometime, so I can do something about that dress."
"What's wrong with -- oh, never mind," she said. "I can see you're dying to tell me."

And not long afterwards, I had more news. "You were right about twins," I said.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 27)
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
o.0 Wow! Max, you're a bit of a dog, aren't you XD Crimeny, now I'm really interested to see how this goes!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2019, 03:10:31 PM »
Yikes, and I'd been shipping Corn and Max, too. He better have a darn good excuse!
But again, he looks so much more attractive in your game than in my games. Why is that?
After that tattoo, the rose, and the crypic note, Max, you better pull through.
Still, i can't wait to meet the twins!

Oh, and I absolutely loved Don's father-daughter talk!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2019, 02:38:19 PM »
@Shewolf13, expect another surprise or two.

@oshizu, Maybe Max looks better because of the hair? And it's possible that exercise helps. Everyone has to join the military when they become a YA and get a promotion before they can move on to a regular career.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2019, 02:48:07 PM »
Celeste Straud, Mimi Zest, and Faith Lee-Scott 3

Celeste, Mimi, and Faith were all doing well, which meant that they didn't have much to report. For some reason, good news takes less time to report than bad.

Celeste Straud

I love painting, but I hardly have time for it. Even though I don't have to go to school any more, there's still the garden to take care of and repairs to do around the house, plus my military service.

"I love gardens," Brendon told me, when he met me at the Von Haunt Estate. "And I've always wanted to keep bees."

That was all the encouragement I needed. We got engaged and found a wedding arch near the waterfall. I don't think anyone in the family would be upset that I didn't have a "real" wedding -- well, maybe Uncle Hugo. He was looking forward to making some fancy dishes for a party. I promised him mentally that I would throw a party he could cook for soon.

As Brendon slipped the ring on my finger, I remembered all the years we had been together. We'd met as children and then gone to high school together. He'd been a couple of years ahead of me, so recently we'd only been friends. And now we were going to be together for the rest of our lives.

We, and one more, rather small person.

Plus the rest of the family. Dad has finally mastered gardening, and when he improves his logic, he'll be able to become a professor of botany or something. Mom continues to talk to the furniture and play with my old llamacorn, but she's doing well at work. Uncle Max has gone into Grandfather's line of business, which we are not allowed to inquire about. We've hardly seen Uncle Max recently. My brother Frank is still in high school. Brendon was able to help him with his homework the other day.

Frank was kind of upset when he came home from school. He heard that Corn Gothario had had twins. "She won't want to marry me now that she's produced a dynasty heir," he told Uncle Hugo.

Uncle Hugo has many excellent qualities, but tact is not one of them. "True," he said, "but you can still make a big contribution to your sister's dynasty. Look at me, I've maxed cooking and gourmet cooking, and I'll probably finish mixology and become a celebrity chef by the time I've finished."

I don't think Frank was really in love with Corn, but I think he had been expecting to marry her. Now it looks like she won't marry anyone at all.

Mimi Zest

Not many pictures. I became a young adult, emotionally controlled and responsible, which sounds kind of depressing, when you think about it. Dale is still a teen, worst luck. I got my fitness up high enough so that I can get discharged from the military after my first or second day of work. I'm making progress as a writer, and Dad maxed writing, so he can mentor me if I need any help. Aunt Yuki got promoted.

Yeah, that's about it. I'm just waiting for Dale to grow up. And I'm trying to have fun while I wait.

Faith Lee-Scott

We got the sparring bot for Heath and me, so of course, Mom is the one using it.  She wishes that Dad would use it, too, as he definitely needs more exercise.

Dad says he'll exercise as soon as he finished learning all about programming. And maybe video gaming.

Meanwhile, there is a new ruler in the Lee-Scott household -- Justice. That's right, we have Liberty and Justice for all.

His aunt Hope has been helping out. She's trying to get her Good Deeds badge, but I think she might be practicing to become a mom, too. She came home on Love Day with a little flower that she was quite mysterious about.

She's even been trying to teach Justice to talk. You can tell that he can identify some of the objects because he'll get excited and happy. When he doesn't know what something is (and what toddler can identify broccoli?), he'll fuss.

He's really a good little guy, but he doesn't like the high chair. I don't think it's very sanitary leaving plates of food on the floor for him, but at least that way he eats something. Heath has been wonderful about cleaning up his chair.

I got promoted at work, but I think my days of being a doctor are over. I guess I was more focused on the prestige and mental effort required than on the physical aspects.

Cleaning the bathroom was not something I expected to be in my job description. And even if there will be orderlies to take care of that as I move up the ranks, I'll have to do operations and give shots. I don't mind handing out cups of medicine, but I hate giving shots. A career in medicine is not for the squeamish.

Mom thinks I should be a free-lance writer like she was when Hope and I were little. Dad is encouraging me to take up free-lance programming. And thanks to my skill in painting, I could make a fair amount of money as a free-lance painter. Decisions, decisions. Right now, I'm potty-trainer-in-chief.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Oct 30)
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2019, 08:34:12 PM »
Scandalous gossip about recent graduate Corn sweeps through the high school.
And now who will Frank Straud wed? Eventually, there will be so many heirs and spares of marriageable age and not enough lots to go around!
i' pretty sure I'd never be brave enough to try what you're doing, MarianT: 10 legacies x 10 generations each...
I like Faith's freelancer plan. I can see how she would struggle, as a squeamish sim, with the doctor career.

So many toddlers this week in your game!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2019, 09:30:40 AM »
I do have plans for Frank, but I'm limiting my families to 10.

More toddlers to come!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
Babs Newbie 3

I didn't get a chance to finish the tour last time.

We got Mom and Dad a fancy new bed, advertised to be the ultimate in comfort.

And Roy and I got one for ourselves, too. Both bedrooms have an en suite bathroom. There are also 2 bedrooms for children and a shared bath.

Downstairs, there's a formal dining room off the kitchen. 

Across the hall from the kitchen is the living room. We also have a library and a den.

Outside we have a pool and a hot tub.

Roy and I added a greenhouse. I haven't had time to plant anything yet.

In the basement we have a sauna. I haven't had time to use it, but Dad and Roy say that it's wonderful.

Here are the reasons that I haven't had time for anything. That's my daughter Robin in the blue bassinet and son Carl in the pink.

They're toddlers now, and both rather fussy. This is Robin right after her tantrum.

And here is Carl, being scolded for throwing his food on the floor.

I know I'm going to sound like a terrible mother, but all my life I've wanted to explore the jungles of Selvadorada, and I was beginning to resent having to stay with Robin and Carl. "Go," Roy said. "We'll be fine." I must say that slashing at vines to open a path helped relieve a lot of my tension.

The people in the village had told me that there was a plane crashed somewhere, and I was so pleased when I managed to find it.

Excavating with my back to it was a little creepy, though. "There are no ghosts on that plane," I told myself. "The villagers would have told me if there were ghosts." While I was digging up an artifact (that I haven't cleaned off yet), I got a phone call from home.

Carl was refusing to eat. Could I fly back and get him to swallow something before child welfare arrived? "He doesn't like being in the high chair," I told Roy. "He'll eat his food as soon as you take him out." But Carl was still proving obdurate. And we do have the money for airfare, even a chartered plane. As soon as Carl heard I was on my way, he consented to eat again.

And Robin did a happy dance.

On my next trip, I actually made it into the temple. I was stung by a scorpion on the way there, however.

I only had time to explore a few rooms, though, before I started feeling dizzy and light-headed.

I had to return to civilization and find an antidote. Luckily, one of the villagers was able to help me out -- Alessandra Perez. She and I are good friends now. Mom, Dad, and Roy were all horrified at how sick I'd been. "What if you'd passed out in the temple?" they kept saying. "You'd have been all alone." Roy says that he's coming with me next time, but we're going to have to wait until the twins are in school.

Thanks again to @Shewolf13 for Rosa Manor!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Nov 1)
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2019, 03:49:20 PM »
Thanks for the tour of Wolfie's Rosa Manor! What a beautiful home! With a spa room, even!
I've never seen those luxurious double beds before. Are they from Get Famous?

Those twins are so cute but look hard to handle.
If I were Babs, I'd prefer exploring in Selvadorada, too!
And, of course, I'm sooooo curious about Corn's future plans. (Thank you for explaining about Frank)