Author Topic: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Aug 4)  (Read 47554 times)

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Feb 11)
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2020, 09:30:31 AM »
Hugh Caliente 8

ca18.01.jpg
As a college student, Hugh spends most of his time doing homework, both at home...

ca18.02.jpg
...and when visiting a community lot.

ca18.03.jpg
But he also takes time to visit the Futures Past museum to work on his new aspiration, Painter Extraordinaire.

ca18.04.jpg
And dancing is a good way to have some fun.

ca18.06.jpg
On Harvest Day, Hugh was joined by some gnomes when he went outside to take care of the money tree. It worried him a little that two of them were Gnome Reapers.

ca18.07.jpg
They checked out the whole house, including his photography office and studio.

ca18.05.jpg
Harvest Day brought another visitor, his mother Katrina. Hugh had always felt guilty because he didn't take enough pictures of her that were larger than selfies when she was alive, so he got her to pose for him as a ghost.

ca19.08.jpg
After Harvest Day, the next big event was Dion's birthday.

ca18.09.jpg
Dion inherited his grandmother's red hair, and most of his grandfather's features.

ca18.10.jpg
The Vidcund Curious nose, however, comes from his mother. Dion is a vegetarian now, and plans to become a botanist to make sure he's provided with the best vegetables. Thanks to the gnomes, he has plenty of seeds. Since Hugh completed his 100 points, Dion will be taking over the dynasty.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Feb 13)
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »
Cosma Curious, Hank Cottoneye, and Grant Hecking 8

It's been a sad week at the Curious household.

cu18.02.jpg
Before going to work, Stephon tried to teach Zara her numbers. "We'll run through the cards when I come home from work," he told her.

cu18.03.jpg
Sadly, the Grim Reaper came for Stephon after work before he could reach the front door.

cu18.04.jpg
It was small consolation that his tombstone was the most distinctive one in the back yard.

cu18.05.jpg
Everyone was too sad to stay up late that night, with the result that the gremlins broke all the plumbing and electricity. Cosma felt like the overflowing sinks were sharing her grief.

cu18.01.jpg
Oddity found some relief in practicing his part for the upcoming play. His future lay in acting, he was sure.

cu18.06.jpg
Gradually life resumed. Zara became a child, with happy toddler memories behind her.

cu18.07.jpg
And Oddity learned how to make macaroni and cheese.

Hank Cottoneye

co18.01.jpg
The SIMA (Sims in Misery Association) came through, and the Cottoneyes built a tiny house. There was plenty of room on the roof for painting, and Strangerville was warm and dry enough that weather wasn't usually a problem.

co18.02.jpg
Inside, Hank and Hope had their own bedroom, as did Jonah.

co18.05.jpg
There wasn't room for much in Jonah's room, but he had his toy robot. When it told him that it was lonely, Jonah decided that he would learn how to make more robots to keep his toy company.

co18.03.jpg
The volcano was still active, but Hank thought the bubble of lava it produced might be its last.

co18.04.jpg
He still missed Summer.

co18.06.jpg
Hope told him that she was still hanging around as a ghost, so Hank hoped he would see her soon.

co18.07.jpg
At work, he had to deal with a teen-aged arsonist. "I was cold so I started a little fire," she said. "It wasn't my fault that it spread."

co18.08.jpg
Hank took her to the window to look outside. "There's snow on the ground," he said. "That means it's winter. It gets cold in the winter time. You need to wear something warmer than a tank top and shorts." He went ahead and locked her up. At least in a jail cell, she'd be warm.

co18.10.jpg
Hank took a day off to do some fishing in Oasis Springs. He would have liked to go to Granite Falls, but the water was frozen there.

co18.09.jpg
Before going home, he went to the bowling alley, where he made the acquaintance of Max Villareal. Casually, he asked Max what he did for a living. When Max told him he was with Mobwives, Hank tried to keep his expression bland. He was pretty sure he'd find some interesting information if he looked up "Mobwives" and "Villareal" in the police database, but there was no reason to let Max know that he was with the police.

Grant Hecking

he18.01.jpg
It was a sad week for the Heckings, too. Brant was very fit, so everyone was taken by surprise when the Grim Reaper came for him.

he18.02.jpg
And Brent didn't live for even a full day after Brant was gone. Grant barely had time to paint his portrait.

he18.03.jpg
He and Elsa set up a small graveyard outside, next to the fountain. Rosie was buried there, too.

he18.06.jpg
It was a Night on the Town holiday, so Grant and Elsa went out for dinner, even though neither of them felt much like eating.

he18.05.jpg
Barb and Roy Newbida were there when they arrived.

he18.07.jpg
And Hugh and Nikita Caliente came later and stood around waiting for a table.

he18.04.jpg
The next morning Grant celebrated his birthday, with the help of Amanda and Elspeth.

he18.08.jpg
Making a snowpal cheered him up some more. He had learned the Dedeathify spell, and he was thinking about trying it if either Brant or Brent showed up as a ghost. But would that be a good idea? Everyone was starting to get over their grief; would they have to go through all that again? Grant would have to think about that some more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Feb 19)
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2020, 11:42:20 AM »
Sterling Landgraab, Celeste Straud, Mimi Zest, and Faith Lee-Scott 9

la19.01.jpg
Sterling spent some time teaching his Aunt Siobhan how to play the guitar.

la19.03.jpg
Sadly, she died not long after that.

la19.02.jpg
As did Sterling's parents, Malcolm and Morgan.

la19.04.jpg
The children, Tiffany and Nanette, were very sad. "It's just us and Mom and Dad now," said Nanette (in the bear hat). "Yeah," said Tiffany. "Maybe we can get a cat."

la19.05.jpg
Malcolm and Morgan continue to check up on their family, though, appearing as ghosts and returning to their graves promptly at 6 a.m.

la19.06.jpg
To forget his sorrows and do something about his middle-aged middle, Sterling went to the Vital Climb gym -- where somebody died. Half the female population turned out to mourn the passing of Britechester University student, Becca Clarke.

Celeste Straud

st19.01.jpg
Windenburg continues to demonstrate why it is the prettiest of all the Sims' towns.

st19.02.jpg
Vladislaus and Luna are still crazy after all these years.

st19.05.jpg
Luna, of course, is literally erratic. Now that she's retired, she spends most of her time making snowpals, despite the freezing temperatures.

st19.03.jpg
Celeste took Rosa to volunteer at a bake sale for their school. Rosa managed to resist the temptation of an unguarded macaroon.

st19.04.jpg
And Brandon celebrated his adult birthday.

Mimi Zest

ze19.01.jpg
It was Winterfest at the Zest household, and Mimi, Johnny, Yuki, and the rest of the family celebrated with a tree and presents.

ze19.02.jpg
The current Father Winter put in an appearance. Mimi gave him a present, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide for his beard.

ze19.04.jpg
Toby spent the day playing with his chemistry set.

ze19.03.jpg
Nathan got a new book, "Like You for the Time Being."

ze19.06.jpg
And Johnny entertained everyone with his campfire songs.

ze19.05.jpg
The next morning there was a thunderstorm in Del Sol Valley, and Mimi was struck by lightning. Even though she was dazed and singed, she was still able to help Nathan blow out the candles on his cake.

Faith Lee-Scott

ls19.01.jpg
At the Lee-Scott household, Liberty has been helping Justice become a Whiz Kid by reading to him.

ls19.02.jpg
She also has decided to explore outer space on her own, despite being "retired" from the astronaut program.

ls19.03.jpg
The only thing worse that crashing your rocket ship is crashing it in a rainstorm. But Liberty managed to acquire a space rock and a space porcupine, and she's still alive, so it's all good.

ls19.04.jpg
Faith is determined not to become one of those lawyers who spends all their time sitting behind a desk and putting on weight.

ls19.05.jpg
Besides working out at home, she also goes to the gym, where she adds Mimi Zest to her client list. "If anything happens to your dad, give me a call," she says. "Those machines need to have a warning label for elders, just saying."

Sterling, Celeste, Mimi, and Faith are all ready to hand over the reins of their dynasties to the third generation.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Feb 27)
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »
Cosma Curious, Hank Cottoneye, and Grant Hecking 9

Cosma, Hank, and Grant are also ready to step back.

cu19.02.jpg
Cosma, for example, has discovered that certain dance moves just aren't for adults.

cu19.01.jpg
Oddity has sent off an application to college.

cu19.03.jpg
And Zara is mastering the violin.

co19.06.jpg
Hank doesn't expect to have to do any more interrogations. He's almost a colonel now, and expects to make chief.

co19.02.jpg
He's been spending a lot of time fishing...

co19.03.jpg
...and also soaking up the beautiful scenery of Granite Falls.

co19.04.jpg
Meanwhile, Jonah has finished his Rambunctious Scamp aspiration and is working on becoming an Artistic Prodigy.

co19.05.jpg
For this, he needs toys to play with. Since there isn't any room in the house for a toybox, he checks out the garbage can to see what he can find.

he19.01.jpg
Grant Hecking has discovered that the humble Scruberoo spell is one of the most useful for the community. Those messes left by children in the parks disappear in an instant.

he19.02.jpg
Elspeth has become a teenager.

he19.03.jpg
As has Amanda. Elspeth looks quite a bit like her mother Elsa.

That wraps up Generation Two. Here's how they stacked up against each other:
Most Skill Points (including maxed skills): Cosma Curious and Grant Hecking, tied.
Most Household Promotions (including maxed careers): Celeste Straud
Most Satisfaction Points: Faith Lee-Scott
Most Money: Babs Newbie
Most Good Friends: Hugh Caliente
Most Lots Visited: Hank Cottoneye
Most College A's: Brenna Curious
Most Negatives: Grant Hecking
Least Negatives: Sterling Landgraab, Celeste Straud, Mimi Zest, and Faith Lee-Scott, tied at 0.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 2)
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2020, 08:07:43 AM »
Robin Newbida 3

ne23.03.jpg
I learned one thing while I was working on becoming a Rambunctious Scamp -- that I don't like computers.

ne23.04.jpg
And I do like dancing. Unfortunately, although I intend to spend the rest of my life dancing, it's not exactly a career path.

ne23.01.jpg
Mumsie let me watch while she authenticated an artifact. It's really quite fascinating, watching some beautiful object from the past emerge from beneath its layer of grime.

ne23.02.jpg
Afterwards, you can add it to your collection. Mumsie says she has a very incomplete collection, but I'll be able to add to it. I like the idea of collecting things.

ne23.05.jpg
As for the creepy-crawlies, well, I guess we've gotten used to them. (Grams says she'll never get used to them.) Mumsie says if you keep spider repellent on hand and develop some fitness and logic, they're not much of a problem.

ne23.11.jpg
Anyway, long story short, when I had to declare an aspiration, I said I wanted to be an archaeologist.

ne23.06.jpg
But before we could go to Selvadorada, I had to repair the toilet in the bathroom that Carl and I share. That's one of the downsides of growing up -- you get to add cleaning, cooking, and repairing the toilet to your chores if you're a dynasty heir.

ne23.17.jpg
Before we left for Selvadorada, Mumsie had her adult birthday.

ne23.08.jpg
She doesn't look any older...

ne23.10.jpg
...but when we got to our quarters, she had to lie down for a nap.

ne23.09.jpg
It was up to me to make dinner -- garden salad, of course.

ne23.07.jpg
The next morning, we set out for the jungle. The scenery was stunning, and I was glad that I'd brought my camera.

ne23.12.jpg
I wish it had been sunny, but the clouds and trees were very pretty, too.

ne23.13.jpg
We found one of the temples that Mumsie had looted previously examined. The main treasure was gone, she told me, but there still might be some interesting objects in a few of the rooms. There weren't any mummies, she'd said, but there might be a skeleton wandering around.

ne23.14.jpg
I actually got to meet one -- but I can't remember his name. He seemed friendly enough.

ne.23.16.jpg
We didn't stay long in Selvadorada and returned home Sunday morning, in time for me to go to the Flea Market. Nobody wanted to buy any of my fossils, not even the one of the crocodile jaw. But the man next to me was selling action figures of the My Sims characters. I ended up buying all of them, to start my own collection. "Typical teen," Popsie groused when I came home. "Send her out to sell something, and she ends up spending money." But he wasn't really angry. I got 13 of the 20 I'll need for a complete set.

ne23.15.jpg
And also, when I finished my first authentication, I had a new addition to our collection of artifacts. I was worried the whole time that it would turn out to be a fake, but it's not. Woot! Time for homework.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 4)
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2020, 01:34:56 PM »
Maria Gothario 2

go22.07.jpg
Even though I'm the "torch holder" for the dynasty now, Mama Corn still does a lot around the house, like harvesting the money tree.

go22.08.jpg
She also finished writing a screenplay, which she's sent off to the publisher. She says that I should wait until I'm older to read it.

go22.04.jpg
And she even went down to the police station to complain that someone has been tipping over our trash can. Note: it wasn't me, it wasn't Angela, and it wasn't Vivian. She and Mama Olivia were talking together about getting a restraining order there.

go22.09.jpg
I'm starting to pick up a few more chores, like taking care of the laundry. This helps me work towards one of my scouting badges, so I don't mind too much.

go22.10.jpg
The three of us are all in scouts together, and it's fun doing the "secret" handshake with my sisters. It's so secret that only the half a zillion of us who are in scouts know it.

go22.01.jpg
I have also had fun working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, playing on the climbing bars with Vivian...

go22.02.jpg
...and trying to beat the Keyboard Commander game. Robin Newbida had a couple of tips for me on that.

go22.05.jpg
Robin is a teen now, but she chatted with me for a few minutes when I went over to the park. My biological father was there, too, but he didn't talk to me.

go22.06.jpg
I was going to say hi to him, but there were too many other kids around. I'm working on the Social Butterfly aspiration now, so I needed to meet lots of new people. Besides Vivian and Angela, the people there were Nanette Landgraab on the rocket ship, Toby Zest, Justice Lee-Scott, and some girl that left before I could meet her.

go22.03.jpg
Anyway, Vivian is still working on Rambunctious Scamp, but Angela finished up the Artistic Prodigy aspiration (and also gave me the opportunity to pick up the Civic Responsibility badge by cleaning up her mess).

go22.11.jpg
That's all I have to report. I got an A at school, but I still have to wait a while before I can become a teen. Boo-hiss.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 6)
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2020, 09:16:05 AM »
Dion Caliente 1

ca21.05.jpg
Dion has been having a tough time as a teen and dynasty torch holder. Besides school, he has drama club every weekday afternoon. "So borrrring," he says.

ca21.14.jpg
And besides school and drama club, he has to keep the family computer in good repair. "Most kids get to start out with a toilet, but me, I get to fix the computer. I'd just better not get electrocuted."

ca21.01.jpg
His father Hugh hasn't been much help. He spends most of his time studying for his own classes.

ca21.02.jpg
Just two more to go, and then he'll have his degree in Art History.

ca21.09.jpg
Dion's mother Nikita, however, has become his good friend. She's gotten a promotion, too.

ca21.07.jpg
Little brother Luis has been a mixed bag, getting an A at school, but also falling asleep on the sidewalk. And despite Dion's efforts to get him to dance, Luis never completed his Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

ca21.08.jpg
Luis has joined Dion as a teenager now.

ca21.11.jpg
"Can I have your room when you go off to college?" Luis asks.
"I'm not going away," says Dion. "I'm staying here, like Dad."
"Bummer."

ca21.03.jpg
Sometimes a guy's only friend is his bonsai plant.

ca21.04.jpg
Which has shaped up nicely.

ca21.13.jpg
And the rest of Dion's garden is doing well, too, especially the money tree.

ca21.12.jpg
Last but not least, Hugh has maxed the fitness skill. Things are looking good -- or will be as soon as Dion peels himself off the treadmill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 8)
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2020, 03:14:32 PM »
I appreciated that the Cottoneyes got a new (tiny) house for a catastrophic reason and that Jonah got inspired by Bleep to learn robotics!
Your new format of one household per update is easy to follow, especially when introducing a new heir.

I still can't get over how much some of the Gen2 kids take after their parents, particularly Hugh Caliente, Sterling Landgraab, and Corn Gothario. :)
Looking forward to your sims attending university from home.
All the families are doing so well that it's easy to forget that you're playing in modified ISBI style!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2020, 04:03:38 PM »
Thanks! Generation 3 will have some familiar faces, too. I think Toby Zest will look just like his grandfather Johnny, and Jonah looks like his grandmother Liberty.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »
I take it Hugh does his coursework autonomously? I always buy packs early, but sometimes it takes me a long time to actually get around to playing with the main features. I've yet to send a Sim to university.

Do you have a favorite family? I can't believe you're on the third generation already!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »
I take it Hugh does his coursework autonomously? I always buy packs early, but sometimes it takes me a long time to actually get around to playing with the main features. I've yet to send a Sim to university.

Do you have a favorite family? I can't believe you're on the third generation already!

Actually, Sims in university are more likely to do their homework autonomously than children and teens. But you have to make them work on their presentations and term papers.

No favorite family (or at least, I try not to). But I have a special feeling for the Curiouses because they were my first in TS2, and the Cottoneyes, because of my dynasty in TS3.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2020, 01:36:52 PM »
Tiffany Landgraab 1

la21.01.jpg
I do wish the Watcher would get her priorities straight. She says she's been busy with the Pancakes this past week. The Pancakes aren't nearly as important as my family. Anyway, there are only the four of us now: Mom and Dad, and me and Nanette.

la21.05.jpg
Nanette and I have been working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration at the same time -- I'm farther along than she is. I didn't really have to play Space Explorer, but it helped her. We pretended that our Scouts' uniforms were space suits.

la21.07.jpg
Mom has been a big help, stepping in to fix the toilet when Dad was at work.

la21.06.jpg
She also made a floral arrangement. She says that next time I can choose the vase for it.

la21.08.jpg
Mom and I are good friends now. I've been good friends with Dad for as long as I can remember.

la21.03.jpg
Building my motor skill takes a lot of hard work. Luckily, I'm active by nature.

la21.02.jpg
I finally polished off Rambunctious Scamp at the playground in Oasis Springs.

la21.04.jpg
Next up is Social Butterfly. I'm working on becoming good friends with a girl there -- Zara Grant.

That's all for now. Maybe my life will become more exciting when I'm a teen. It's still more exciting than anything someone named Pancakes could come up with.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 15)
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2020, 02:33:14 PM »
Haha, Tiffany telling of her Watcher for playing a different save!
And thank you for sharing those University tips! I still haven't sent a sim there!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 15)
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2020, 09:20:17 AM »
Rosa Straud 1

st21.15.jpg
I'm Rosa Straud, and I'm in Drama Club. I live in Windenburg, which is very pretty. This is me, memorizing my lines for our next production.

st21.13.jpg
I have a puppet theater, and I love making plays for it. They're all very tragic.

st21.04.jpg
My favorite character is the Contessa Villareal. Villareal was my grandmother's maiden name and sounds very elegant. I think it means "royal house" in Spanish.

st21.14.jpg
Our house might not be royal, but it's pretty big, big enough that I have a secret room off my bedroom. Grandfather found it one day and fixed the door so that it would always stay open. If I had a cat, I could keep it there, but we don't have enough room for a cat.

st21.09.jpg
That's because my whole family lives here. My mother Celeste teaches at the high school.

st21.10.jpg
My father Brandon is in the military and has to stay in shape. His parents are both dead. His mother was named Jade Rosa, and I'm named after her.

st21.11.jpg
Uncle Frank is my mother's brother. He still lives with us even though he has a girlfriend and a daughter that I'm not supposed to know about. He can't marry his girlfriend because we're a dynasty family. Apparently he was supposed to marry someone else, but that didn't work out. His current girlfriend is evil, so marrying her wouldn't be a good idea.

st21.03.jpg
My uncle Max is evil, too. He's actually my great-uncle Max because he's Grandmother's brother. He's a criminal, but we're not supposed to talk about that. My great-grandfather Jacques was a mob boss, which is why we have such a big house, I guess.

st21.02.jpg
Uncle Hugo is my other great-uncle. He's a chef, and when he goes on a cooking binge, we get all kinds of strange foods to eat in the refrigerator. But right now he's working on mixology, so I mostly have to fix my own peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches.

st21.01.jpg
Grandmother used to be in business, but she retired when she became an elder and her mind started slipping. She comes into my room and plays with my toys sometimes, but I don't mind. That's how I know about Uncle Frank's little girl, and Uncle Max's children. She talks to my toys and tells them all the things that she's not supposed to talk about.

st21.12.jpg
Grandfather ducked just when I took his picture. He used to be a professor of botany, but he's working as a law clerk now. He says that he likes to start a new job when he gets to the top of the previous one. He also used to be a vampire -- at least that's what Grandmother says when she's talking to my toys.

st21.05.jpg
Uncle Max's children live in Willow Creek, and they're my second cousins, or maybe my second cousins once removed. I snuck away one afternoon after Drama Club and became friends with them. This is Vivian.

st21.06.jpg
This is Angela.

st21.07.jpg
This is Maria. She's a dynasty heir like me.

st21.08.jpg
Finally, this is me on Freedom Day. We weren't able to have fireworks, but I managed to have some fun on the water slide in Desert Bloom Park. We have a pool at home, but it was too chilly to go swimming there.
So long for now, Rosa.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 17)
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2020, 02:33:43 PM »
Toby Zest 1

ze21.01.jpg
I had to put this picture up -- I think it's so cute. Toby was in a playful mood when he took his selfie. Even though he's the designated heir right now, I'm still doing the writing. For one thing, I'm a writer, and for another he asked me to, for reasons that will appear later.

ze21.02.jpg
I'm still trying to find the plumbob snow globe, but I'm building a pretty good collection of posters, too.

ze21.03.jpg
My two boys are good friends with each other and also active in Scouts. I'm really proud of them -- excuse me while I go blow my nose.

ze21.04.jpg
Anyway, it's been a difficult time. Dad collapsed the other night.

ze21.05.jpg
Toby came in and pleaded with Grim for his life. Who can resist a little boy pleading for his grandfather?

ze21.06.jpg
Luckily, not the Grim Reaper.

ze21.08.jpg
Dad made good use of his extra time, having a grandfather/grandson talk with Toby...

ze21.09.jpg
...and another with Nathan. I think Toby is going to look a lot like Dad -- sorry, have to blow nose again.

ze21.10.jpg
Toby got a picture of Dad.

ze21.07.jpg
He also took one of Mom.

ze21.14.jpg
I'm embarrassed to admit that I never studied painting, so Toby's snapshots are really the only pictures we have of them.

ze21.13.jpg
That afternoon we learned that Mom needed to get her affairs in order.

ze21.11.jpg
And that night, Grim came a second time for Dad. This time Toby's plea fell on deaf ears.

ze21.15.jpg
The next day, Toby wasn't feeling well, so he stayed home from school, while Dale and I went to work. Shortly before school was let out, Mom started to go.

ze21.16.jpg
"You just took my grandfather," Toby complained. "Can't you wait a bit for my grandmother?"

ze21.17.jpg
The Grim Reaper obliged.

ze21.18.jpg
But afterwards, he had a short talk with Toby, telling him that death came to all Sims eventually. I got home from work just as Grim was leaving.

ze21.12.jpg
Early the next morning, Toby was hard at work on his chemistry set. "I'm going to become a scientist and find a way to keep everyone alive," he said. There were several things I could have told him, like that Mom is probably looking forward to joining Dad, and that we would run out of room if everyone was kept alive. But I had to blow my nose so I didn't say anything -- I'm not sick, by the way, just weepy. I really am proud of him.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 18)
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2020, 10:58:39 AM »
Justice Lee-Scott 1

ls21.06.jpg
Justice has been working hard at Arithmetic Attack, trying to become a Whiz Kid before his teen birthday.

ls21.01.jpg
A sudden noise makes him get up and go into the kitchen. The noise was his grandmother falling to the ground. Through the window he sees the scythe of the Grim Reaper approaching.

ls21.02.jpg
"Please, Mr. Reaper, don't take my grandma," he pleads. His friend Toby had told him that if you just asked, the Grim Reaper would spare your grandparents.

ls21.03.jpg
"I hate children," the Grim Reaper growled. "And I've given out my year's quota of backsies, so you're out of luck, kid."

ls21.04.jpg
So Liberty Lee's soul was reaped.

ls21.05.jpg
The family put her tombstone next to Travis's in back, by the rocket ship. They added the space rock that Liberty had brought back from her travels.

ls21.07.jpg
The next thing Justice knew, he was blowing out the candles on his cake. His childhood was over.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 19)
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »
All the kids are so cute! I especially love Toby's selfie at the start of his update.
Toby is very much Johnny's descendant!
It's hard saying farewell to the first generation. *grabs a tissue

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2020, 04:57:48 PM »
All the kids are so cute! I especially love Toby's selfie at the start of his update.
Toby is very much Johnny's descendant!
It's hard saying farewell to the first generation. *grabs a tissue

No good-byes in the next couple of chapters, thank goodness. At least, not any that I'm expecting.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2020, 12:13:17 PM »
Oddity Curious 1

cu21.01.jpg
"I'm going crazy, Honored Ancestress," Oddity told Cosma. "It's been over a week and I still haven't heard from the university."
Cosma sighed. As soon as she'd become an elder, Oddity had started using the proper form of address. She would have much preferred remaining plain old Mom.
"Why don't you check the computer?" she asked. "That way you don't have to wait for the mail."

cu21.02.jpg
Oddity's application was still pending, however.
"You think you've got problems?" his Aunt Brenna told him. "I just turned into an adult, and I'm still at level 2 of my job."

cu21.03.jpg
"Not only that, but the cute policeman I met at a crime scene the other day still hasn't called me."

cu21.05.jpg
Outside, his little sister -- half-sister -- Zara was working on her motor skills. "You should go to the park," she said. "That always cheers me up."

cu21.06.jpg
Oddity did feel better after sliding on the water slide a few times.

cu21.07.jpg
He even ran a few lines with his fellow thespian, Dion Caliente. He would have preferred working with Robin Newbida, but she had left the park almost as soon as he arrived.

cu21.04.jpg
There was one cute girl hanging around -- Julia Wright. She was a student at the University of Britechester. "Maybe I'll see you around campus," she'd said.

cu21.08.jpg
It wasn't exactly a date, but her suggestion put Oddity in such a good mood that he didn't mind when Dion asked him to take a head-shot of him.

cu21.11.jpg
Back at home, though, Oddity's good mood evaporated. The acceptance letter had come from the university. He could attend either Britechester or Foxbury Institute, but he couldn't get a distinguished degree in Drama. Oddity had intended to enroll the minute he became a young adult, but now he wasn't sure.

cu21.12.jpg
Inside, he washed his hands. After all, there was no telling who'd handled the letter, and these days you couldn't be too careful.

cu21.10.jpg
A few hours later, it was time for him to grow up. Oddity still hadn't made up his mind about college. He could still major in Drama, but it would be at Foxbury Institute and a regular degree, not a distinguished one.

cu21.09.jpg
The doorbell rang, and Oddity took his egg and toast with him to answer it. The young woman standing there was a knock-out, definitely more intriguing than either Julia Wright or Robin Newbida. She looked sophisticated, competent, and a little bit scary.
"I'm with the A.I. Staffing Agency, and I understand there's someone here who has recently been a member of the Desert Sims Drama Club?"
"Yes, that's me," said Oddity.
"We're looking for prey, I mean clients -- aspiring actors such as yourself to represent for commercials and other gigs. We take only 20 per cent of your pay or a pint of blood, whichever you're more comfortable with. I have a contract here..."
"Sign me up," said Oddity.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 20)
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »
Jonah Cottoneye 1

co21.04.jpg
As he blew out the candles on his cake, Jonah reviewed the memories of his childhood.

co21.01.jpg
There was the time he met someone he thought was a robot in the park. It turned out the person was in costume as a knight and therefore not exciting at all. Luckily his cousin Toby didn't hear the exchange.

co21.06.jpg
And then there was the time some strange woman came in and started using the computer in his bedroom. He found out later that she was one of their neighbors and ran the little stall on the edge of their lot.

co21.02.jpg
She warned him that there was an unusual malady making the rounds in Strangerville. The best way to avoid getting it was to wash your hands...

co21.03.jpg
So Jonah tried that but found out that when he was in his bear costume it took a long time for his paws to dry.

co21.05.jpg
Now that he was a teen, Jonah had more responsibilities. There were 5 more scouting badges he could get, so he started working on "Give Back."

co21.07.jpg
School was a constant, and homework seemed to take longer.

co21.08.jpg
It was so annoying that Jonah came home from school in a very bad mood that threatened to last for the foreseeable future. But a cold shower cleared that up quickly.

co21.09.jpg
Up on the roof Jonah found a new item -- a robot-making station. At last he could start making companions for his little buddy Bleep.

co21.10.jpg
But maybe he would study the subject a bit first. Getting zapped hadn't been comfortable at all

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 21)
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2020, 07:48:01 AM »
Elspeth Hecking 1

he21.19.jpg
"Ohh, you're so lucky, being a dynasty heir and a spellcaster!"
If I had a simoleon for every time I've heard that, I'd be able to buy a laptop computer or something. The truth is, that besides developing my spellcaster abilities, I also have to go to school and drama club and help out around the house. Dad knows the repairio spell and can make the Plentiful Needs potion, but so far all I know is how to make someone sick.

he21.03.jpg
Dad has been kind enough to give me a Plentiful Needs potion.

he21.04.jpg
He also has given me some training.

he21.02.jpg
But mostly he's been interested in developing his video gaming skill by going to GeekCon.

he21.18.jpg
And rather than making potions, he's been trying to make a perfect batch of chili.

he21.13.jpg
I spotted Willow Wisely at the beach and thought I might get some help from her, but she had to leave right after we met.

he21.16.jpg
My mother and sister spend all their time dancing.

he21.08.jpg
Although I must admit that Amanda does homework occasionally.

he21.09.jpg
And I should also admit that I'm a little bit jealous because she's the pretty one in the family.

he21.11.jpg
Anyway, I went to the Magic Realm where I met the Sages of Practical Magic and Mischief.

he21.10.jpg
Brittni Stewart (Practical) taught me the repairio spell.

he21.05.jpg
Later, I met Dad's mentor, Morgyn Ember.

he21.07.jpg
He gave me some training.

he21.06.jpg
Morgyn doesn't know it yet, but I've decided that he's going to be the father of my child. And if I can learn how to make him young again, I might even marry him.

he21.17.jpg
After searching the shops in Caster's Alley, I finally learned how to make the Plentiful Needs potion.

he21.15.jpg
And my first batch was actually successful!

he21.12.jpg
I also succeeded in repairing our broken toilet. So maybe I am lucky to be a spellcaster after all.

he21.01.jpg
Public Service Announcement: Remember to wash your hands, people. 'Nuf said.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 24)
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »
Maria Gothario 3

go23.01.jpg
Even though I'm trying to become a Social Butterfly, I'm still a little shy around strangers. That's why I used my sister Angela to become my best friend...

go23.02.jpg
...and my sister Vivian to become another friend...

go23.03.jpg
...and my cousin Nanette to become a friend, too.

go23.05.jpg
We all went home together, only to discover that our grandmother was in the middle of dying. "I don't want to die in my work outfit," she protested. "I want to wear my own clothing."

go23.06.jpg
I stepped forward to plead with the Grim Reaper. I even promised I'd become his friend.

go23.07.jpg
He actually listened to me, and Grandmother came back.

go23.10.jpg
Like I promised, we became good friends.

go23.08.jpg
And then Grandmother succumbed again. Mama Corn tried pleading for her but to no avail.

go23.11.jpg
She's at the side of the house, next to the pear trees that Aunt Claudia planted. At least when she comes back as a ghost, she won't be wearing that ugly suit.

go23.12.jpg
We've all been really sad since then. I tried putting on a puppet show for Grandfather.

go23.13.jpg
It was one of the best, a mystery involving a notebook-snatcher, but I don't think it cheered him up much.

go23.04.jpg
I took my sister Angela out to the park to play pirates, but neither of us had much fun. If Grandmother had been with us, she would have pretended to be a sea monster for us, but she wasn't.

go23.09.jpg
Mama Olivia has been making drinks...

go23.14.jpg
...but no one has been doing much cooking, so we've been eating candy from last Spooky Day. Hopefully, I'll become a teen soon so that I can start cooking for everyone.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow -- Legacies in Rotation (Mar 27)
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2020, 07:22:51 PM »
I'm caught up on your story. :)
Is it normal for Oddity to have to wait a week before hearing back about his college applications?
That screenshot of Lilith Vatore was very becoming but Julia Wright is also loverly; I hope one of the dynasty heirs will snatch her up!

Dear Elspeth, I disagree with your assessment of the relative beauty of you and your sister. You are just as pretty as she is!
Oh, poor Mario and the drawback of a child heir not being able to feed the household!
I'd completely forgotten about that. Too bad they prefer Spooky Day treats to quick meals. R.I.P., Cassandra Goth.

Also, Watcher, I love the way you have set up your story thread. If I forget who's married to who or who the current heir's ancestors are, I can early get re-oriented.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2020, 08:45:01 PM »
@oshizu, regarding college applications, it's more like 3 days, I think, but I switched to another household before he got the news. And I think that the programs a Sim is eligible for depend upon the Sim's situation at the time of application. For example, I should have waited until he reached the top of the Drama Club if I wanted Oddity to get a Distinguished degree in Drama (an A in high school might have helped, too).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2020, 08:54:38 PM »
Thank you for explaining about the college application process.
So ideally, a teen would apply for scholarships or college early enough in the week to get a reply before switching to a different household?
That makes sense....the timing is still tricky! Thanks for the tip about optimizing prep to enter a Distinguished Degree program.
My sims have yet to attend uni...maybe soon.