Author Topic: Paparazzi  (Read 8093 times)

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
Paparazzi
« on: April 09, 2019, 02:08:31 AM »
I can't keep them off of my property! I've locked all my doors except the front and they still pop in sometimes. I dont lock the front door because I have tons of visitors and locking the door causes issues. I didnt think they could just walk in uninvited. I have a garden outside and they take pictures of my SIM through the fence! Is this new? I don't remember having so many issues, usually they just stood out front and when I got the mail they started taking pics but now as soon as my sim steps outside in the back they run around and follow her. I even saw somehow they end up next to her in the garden. I replaced the fence with a wall and still they could see her. Anyone else having issues?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Paparazzi
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 02:54:54 AM »
One of the quirks can cause this: Paparazzi Darling. I haven't actually had this pack enabled since I initially played through it after it launched so I can't quite remember all the details as I know something else can cause this too happen too...maybe high levels of reputation? ? But I do know that with Paparazzi Darling all of a sudden the paps were coming into my sims house and taking pictures of him while he was sitting on the toilet giving him an embarrassed moodlet which was something about being 'caught in an embarrassing moment by Paparazzi'.

You could cheat the quirk away or the only thing that really worked was locking the door, which is as you say, quite an effort to be constantly locking/unlocking.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 03:03:02 AM »
Funny thing is, I purposely got that quirk because everytime they would start snapping pics of her in the garden she would get tense and anxious because there was no privacy. The quirk makes it so she gets confident from the attention. I might take away her fame to be honest. Its such a hassle.

I just had a random sim walk into my house. Had no idea who she was she just started talking to my sims on my front porch and then walked in my house. What is happening?? What happened to the privacy and having to invite people in? That used to be a thing! I never had this many issues with random sims inviting themselves in.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:47:24 PM »
I've had Fame disabled for a while now, the fame aspect was just too intrusive. I also delete all the 'Famous' Not in World sims too, that way I don't see famous sims at every community lot my sim goes to. The cheering crowds was just getting in the way when I wanted my sim to interact with a NPC, they kept running off to look at the famous sim, was driving me a little nuts.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 02:53:57 PM »
I like that quirk. Those camera happy freaks make great meals for my vamp celebrities. They seem to hang around all the time so it is like I have a 24 hour buffet going on. They also make maintaining fame easy as there is alway someone there it note your "fame socals". Free food, free fame, with locking gates and doors, whats not to love? I know the lack of privacy, but famous people in real life don't have privacy, why should sims our famous sims? If you don't believe me ask Princess Diana, wait you can't because she died in a car crash trying to escape the paparazzi. Well in that case look at the gossip rags at the grocery store.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 04:11:28 PM »
lol @scoed  haven't played a famous vamp yet but yes..I can totally see that being a boon!

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
    • Deena_Hax YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 05:43:09 PM »
I was seeing this a lot until I moved to the Pinnacles and moved the front door back from the street. Now they just hangout on the front porch. The only time they came in is when the husband beat one up after a few interactions that made the paparazzi a guest (further interactions influenced him to leave  ;) )

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 10:47:32 PM »

I know the lack of privacy, but famous people in real life don't have privacy, why should sims our famous sims? If you don't believe me ask Princess Diana, wait you can't because she died in a car crash trying to escape the paparazzi. Well in that case look at the gossip rags at the grocery store.

Well yeah no privacy but just walking into my sims homes uninvited? Thats not normal sim behavior. They used to just stick around outside, even the welcome wagon doesn't just walk in I can have entire conversations on the doorstep without them walking inside.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 10:49:19 PM »
I was seeing this a lot until I moved to the Pinnacles and moved the front door back from the street. Now they just hangout on the front porch. The only time they came in is when the husband beat one up after a few interactions that made the paparazzi a guest (further interactions influenced him to leave  ;) )
Thats what I did as well. I have a gate about 8 spaces from the street edge and then about 4 spaces then a raised porch thats about 5 spaces and then the front door.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 04:18:23 PM »

I know the lack of privacy, but famous people in real life don't have privacy, why should sims our famous sims? If you don't believe me ask Princess Diana, wait you can't because she died in a car crash trying to escape the paparazzi. Well in that case look at the gossip rags at the grocery store.

Well yeah no privacy but just walking into my sims homes uninvited? Thats not normal sim behavior. They used to just stick around outside, even the welcome wagon doesn't just walk in I can have entire conversations on the doorstep without them walking inside.

Well, they don't walk in but there has been reports of helicopter flybys, Photographers photographing/filming private moments through windows, and then publishing them, hacking of security cameras, private photos and more. There has been cases of celebrities being literally hounded death through how they will do anything for the right photo. But your right they shouldn't just walk in. I haven't had that issue, but my Celebrities have tall fences and locked doors and gates. Also unless I am going to feed or boost my fame I don't talk to them. They exist to be used. But if they dd just walk in I hope my sim is woohooing, that there is a solid fame boost if famous. Kinda like real life.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 07:54:01 PM »
Thats what I did as well. I have a gate about 8 spaces from the street edge and then about 4 spaces then a raised porch thats about 5 spaces and then the front door.

Glad you've found a workable solution. The whole walking in uninvited as been an ongoing bug in TS4 in one way or another since City Living, and probably before but tbh I can't quite remember! lol

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:48 AM »

I like that quirk. Those camera happy freaks make great meals for my vamp celebrities. They seem to hang around all the time so it is like I have a 24 hour buffet going on.

I also have free services for my celeb vampire - no paparazzi hanging out? Just order a plasma/pizza delivery :P