Author Topic: 2019 Mid-Season Major: Striving for Major Achievements  (Read 3099 times)

Online MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: 2019 Mid-Season Major: Striving for Major Achievements
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 06:47:13 PM »
I'm done with 1005 points.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 07:54:21 PM »
This challenge ends this coming Sunday evening, so get those scores in soon. And remember: this challenge is the first of two Majors this season. Majors count as two regular events in the World Ranking. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 05:09:54 PM »
I finished with 3005 points.

Offline furbyqueen

• Nooboo
  • doo?
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 12:29:02 PM »
So excited for this to end so I can ask how in the hell yall are getting 2500+. My legacy game is at 1800 :'D
***Legacy Family: Fontaine***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah (
  • Lucy
  • Lyndon
  • Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney (A)
  • Luna (T)

Offline Tuija

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »
I finished with 3540  :D

Offline Nandarelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2019, 05:35:23 PM »
I finished with 3390 points.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2019, 08:43:22 AM »
I am done with 2960.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2019, 03:34:05 PM »
This one took awhile, but I have finally finished at 1,290 points. Not the best score, but glad it's done. Thanks for the great challenge!

Offline Elinoee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2019, 07:36:50 PM »
I finished the challenge with 2825 points.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2019, 11:44:17 PM »
Mistakes, I made a few.  But I learned some new things and finished with 2145 points.

Offline titaniadioxide

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2019, 10:01:33 PM »
365 achievement points!  My goal was to finish and get like, three achievements.  I did way better than I expected.  Glad that I was able to do this challenge!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Occult
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2019, 02:26:35 AM »
Finished with 3465.  I really like Achievement challenges because there's so much variety of activities!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2019, 04:05:56 AM »
This game (Sims 4) is stressful. But I tried and somehow got 50 points. Another fire started and they ran away, but didn't die. Back to the stress free world of Sims 3.

Offline mariposa1127

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
Not bad for my first challenge. I finished with 670 points.  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2019, 01:43:19 PM »
Not bad for my first challenge. I finished with 670 points.  :)

Not bad at all. :) Welcome to the forum and thank you for participating.

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2019, 05:58:21 PM »
My sims achieved a total of 690 points.

It was really challenging trying to manage so many sims at once, but it was a fun event anyway, especially with some of the less common achievements.  Congrats to the top scorers!  And thank you to the moderators for another fun challenge!

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2019, 07:56:39 PM »
I finished with 1900 points. Very fun challenge. 

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2019, 11:56:39 PM »
with five minutes to spare, I finished with 745 points

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:05 AM »

Too late? It's 11:43 here. Either way, fun challenge.

Wish I started A LOT earlier on that one... Intense micromanagement isn't my strong suit beyond like, 1 sim  ;D

Online LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2019, 12:56:29 AM »
Wow what a Sunday.

Finally had a whole day to just play and relax.
I really did enjoy that while playing the challenge.

And I must say Achievements are one of my favorite things to do, which my score also shows i think.

Total points: 3965

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2019, 06:12:58 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Congratulations to Lena on a last minute entry and ultimately the win. :) Participation was pretty good in this one -- lots of entries, so I think players had a good time trying many different things to get those juicy achievements. Thanks, everyone. Feel free to now share your strategies.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2019, 06:30:12 AM »
Hey congrats @LenaLJ last minute wins are always impressive, I thought about joining in myself until I realized I had less than two weeks left and decided against it, I hate being rushed.

I had to take a break from Sims, after the Celebrities in the last challenge drove me up the wall, I wanted to play in this challenge but I got caught up in Stardew Valley again lol. Good news though, the devs have made Celebrities less annoying, maybe I can finally step foot inside Del Sol Valley again. :P

More good news, I'm back and entering the Stay-at-Home Parent challenge despite still having flashbacks from the Rug Rats challenge of last year, lol.  :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Occult
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2019, 10:21:06 AM »
Congrats to everyone who participated in this challenge, and especially to @LenaLJ and @Tuija for those top scores.  This one can take a lot of planning and micromanagement!

I pretty much followed my same strategy from the last Achievement challenge, except I added in a few things I learned from other players, and really loved that there were no rules about moving people in and out - that allowed me to move someone out, and then if I wanted them again later, I could move them back in.  A couple 100-point achievements that I got this time that I missed last time were the Legacy ones - Legacy Player (10 generations), Alphabet Legacy (26 generations), and Legacy Leader (10 generations in 10 households).  These were all done by having my first sim adopt a child (not a baby), age up the child immediately to teen and then to YA, have that one adopt, age up the child, etc. for 26 generations (that was done by Wednesday of the first week).  As I moved out the generations, I moved them to different households, and once I got 10 generations under the 9th one, with more than 10 in my starting household, I got Legacy Leader - that one was a surprise, as I didn't realize it worked that way.

Another that worked differently than I expected was Serial Monogamist - 20 marriages in 20 unique households - One of the partners in the marriage could always be a sim in my household, as long as the other sim was from a different household than any of the other spouses.  I realized this too late to get it, but thought I'd mention it in case others didn't realize how this worked.

I also learned that vampires who die in the sun don't count toward vengeful diety (after I spent all that time on Vampire Lore so my sim could remove the Sunlight Resistance trait). 

Did anyone else have trouble killing off sims?  I had two die of laughter, but it seemed to take longer than it used to. After the patch, I couldn't get drowning to work - Lily Feng was exhausted - "pass out in 0 minutes" for about 6 hours in the pool and still didn't drown.  I thought it might have something to do with the new back float, so I got her out of the pool and kept her in the sauna for 2 days - she finally died, but I'm quite certain she didn't use to be that tough to kill.  After those were so hard to kill, I got the bright idea to send vamps out in the sun, because that is very quick, but that didn't work.  At that point, I gave up on that one because it was taking too long for 25-point achievement.

Another question - did anyone have success with the Hidden achievements?  I couldn't get any of them to count.  Wondering if those were removed.

I haven't had a lot of time for Sims lately, so maybe there was some news about the deaths being harder and the hidden achievements being removed and I missed that.  If so, someone clue me in please!

Overall, this is one of my favorite challenges because you get so much variety in activities.

Offline Tuija

• Nooboo
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2019, 12:40:17 PM »
Last night, I thought I had finally won one of these.  All hail LenaJ, the undisputed queen of sims for a fantastic score!

Pre-play planning:  I did a LOT of research, and incorporated tips from winners of 2015 and 2017 challenges, Claymask and LenaJ.  LenaJ’s spreadsheet was the start and inspiration for a 20 page spreadsheet to set priorities.   I grouped all possible achievements by similar activities: sim killin, legacy, emotion, social events, hours played, travellin around, job skillin, aliens, simsta, etc.

I chose the Villareal house, but moved the house to front of the lot to cut time wasted walking to/from work.  Wishing well was at front steps, and built an ‘adoption center’ on front of the property AT the spawn spot with computer and 2 birthday cakes.  Played long winter to freeze sims in the pool.  Club Rally and moodlet solvers instead of food/sleep.

Built a locked kill room with neon signs because I discovered (by accident, I swear!) that neon breaks really fast and kills faster than drowning.  Eva Holic earned Over-Achiever with Mansion Baron, Leader of the Pack, Bodybuilder, Painter Extraordinaire and Nerd Brain. 

Strategy for achievements:
Skill and job plan:  Core 10 skills gets View to a skill (100) points, core 10 jobs gets Knack of all trades (100).  Wishing well key to quicker promotions.  Wish is every 8 hours, not 12.  Oops.
Legacy adoptions:  Adoptees earned 260 points, and I finished adopting by Tuesday 2:28am.  Adopted first child as an infant, then aged Birthe up to senior with cakes, kept her until natural death for Older and wiser and The circle of life.  Adopt child, age up with cakes to YA, ‘milk’ for aspiration points with Mansion Baron and collect moodlet solvers, fat/thin pots.  Once house full, manage household to make space for the next round, lather rinse repeat x26.  Aged Aaline (#26) from child to teen, maxed mischief for Problem Child. 
Day plan:  Started with just my sim, Eva Holic and Jacques Villareal (Criminal 9).  Used all other slots for adoptees.  Once legacy was finished, I moved in Lily Feng (Business 9), Bjorn Bjergsen (high Fitness, switched to Astronaut), Salim Benali (high Writing) and Arun Bheeda (mid Programming and Video Gaming). 

When Jacques died of old age, replaced by Moira Fyres (high Gardening).  When Birthe died of old age, replaced by Raj Rasoya (Culinary 7).  Aaline (#26) replaced by Geoffrey Landgraab (Secret Agent 5).  When I killed Lily, replaced with Baako Jang (Entertainer 9).  Baako replaced by Blue for the Simsta achievements.  Blue replaced by Anaya Jang (Painter 9).  When I killed Anaya, realized the repairmen I had been killing with neon didn’t count for Vengeful Diety, so I used this slot to move in and kill Mortimer, then Bella Goth, Nina, Dina and finally Katrina Caliente.

Married Jacques Villareal, he died mid-wedding of old age. Then married/killed Lily Feng, Arun Bheeda and Anaya Jang.  Moved household to a retail lot, married/killed Geoffrey Landgraab for Death of a salesman.  Moved back to Windenburg.  Hoped all that decorating/building time would earn Honorary sim guru, but no.

Fails:  Wasted a lot of time on No longer solitary after jumping the gun and moving in hermit via manage household then having to start over with a new hermit.  Should have kept just one urn in house and started romancing ghost 4-5 days earlier for Ghostly move in.   Ran out of time on What makes a sim neutral. Finally, didn’t realize it was so easy to be abducted by aliens, was abducted once and could have used telescope much sooner for Carried Away.  Phew!  So much detail to condense from 20 pages into just one.  Okay, 2 pages.  Great challenge!

Online LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2019, 02:00:23 PM »
First of i must again say that except the Baby Boomer challenge (like we where able to play it back in the sims 3), this is probably my new favorite challenge. Also in other games i adore achievements, and I always get a tad annoyed by a game if I cannot get them all. So those elusive ones in this challenge will be gathered now after I am done, just so that I can say I got them all haha.

There are a few keypoints for the strategy that I want to point out now. Without this I do not think it was possible for me.
Know which sims have which careers and skills in the worlds.
The Wishing well, with a tad of luck.
An always running club for faster skill gain and no need management.
Multitasking, and that I knew I would have to pause the game endlessly.

So before entering the challenge file I had decided on who to move in right away, and who I wanted to fullfill other career achievements. Below is the list of the initial planned sims, the order I invited them in, and what kind of other sims I needed living with me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We moved in to the little cheap lot in Willow Creek I always use for challenges, and from here on it was tackling the achievements in order for what I knew took a long time. During the most off the challenge I had 6 sims in the household because of jobs, my sim, and a free spot to move people into. (People that would complete a aspiration asap and then move out again.)
The wishing well was very important for the career promotions. Often I had enough time, that even though a single wish would fail, they would always have time enough for another wish that either had them a promotion right away, or max their performance.

If they should not wish for a promotion, I had them wish for skills instead. And got lucky a few times maxing some skills.

For careers like, doctor, scientist and detective I tried to join the career, and invite someone at a higher level to join my household. This worked for all but the Scientist, and my main sim actually faught her way through it.

Alot of points is also to be gotten from the “Legacy” Achievements, and those where simply gotten by adopting and age up one at a time. I first started on this in the second week and now am wondering if I could have planned for all 100 generations :)

Achievements that I didnt get, but actually planned to get was:
The Circle of Life - The Bheeda family are getting a child, but I simply forgot to get him/her born in my household, and when discovred it was to late.
Serial Monogamist - Simply did not trigger for me, stopped counting after 20
Harvest Interest: When you simply forget to harvest the plants around your lot once a day :(
Wohoo! - This one just took to much time!

Below I have all the achivements I completed in the order I completed them, and when.
If there is a sim name its simply the sim that did the job, if its shared effort I did not write a name.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If anyone has any question, please dont hesitate to ask.

anything