Author Topic: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra - HEIR VOTE  (Read 16395 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
Caught up!! OMG!! Those kids are adorable. I can't wait to see more of them.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »
Generation 1.  Shae Berra

1.16 Another One Bites The Dust

When Isaac went back to Strangerville, he took Aavelee with him.  She needed to get 2 people to dislike her, and that seemed like an easy place to do it, given that many of the sims there seemed to be paranoid.  Aya Seddiki was an easy target. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

In the bar, Isaac ran into Rita.  He chatted with her and asked her more about the lab.  She looked around to see if anyone was watching, and then slipped something into his pocket and whispered in his ear.

He thanked her quietly, winked at her, and promised to tell no one. 

Leaving Aavelee to make friends . . . or enemies . . . as the case may be, Isaac headed to the lab.
He wasn’t sure the keycard would actually work, but the door slid open easily.  What was that floating in the air inside?

As the pink and purple floaty things surrounded him, Isaac felt a little light-headed. 

Isaac pushed through the hazy feeling, entered the lab and descended to the lower floor.  There he found a hallway filled with more of the floaty things and a blue haze.

He peered into the hallway, and then entered cautiously.

But he was soon overcome with the need to get out.

When he came to, he felt really strange.

Not feeling fully in control of himself, Isaac headed back to town.  He really wanted to talk to someone about this, but he could barely keep his legs moving to walk.

He finally managed to work his way over to some sims and get himself into somewhat of a position to greet them.  They all stared, but no one seemed particularly surprised by his behavior.

And then suddenly, the weird feeling was gone.  Isaac still felt a little dazed, but he was back in control of himself.  Just then, he got another text message.

Remembering that one of the locals mentioned a curio shop, Isaac decided to check that out.

So Isaac headed back to the bar to talk to Aavelee.  It seems she was making more friends that enemies there, so he took her with him to library and helped her scout out someone to be mean to.  She seemed to do well with this scientist.

Meanwhile, Isaac found the scientist he was looking for.  Jayda seemed a little more focused today.  She’s a Dance Machine, like Isaac, so they chatted about dance moves, and that seemed to go well.  Then he asked about the spores in the lab, and she said she could make him a spore filter if she had the right information.

Just then Isaac saw Aavelee following the scientist out the door.  He reached the door just in time to hear her demanding he stop.
Aavelee:  Hey, don’t walk away from me!  I need you to dislike me and even though our relationship bar is half-filled with red, we are still just acquaintances, so we aren’t done yet!

Isaac (rushing past them):  You're doing great, honey!  I'll be right back.
He quickly went to the lab, got Jayda the Infection Profile Data she needed, and headed back to the library.  He found Aavelee alone, still out front.  She was partly doubled-over, as if in pain.

Isaac:  Honey, what’s wrong!?!
Aavelee:  Dad, hide me!  No, take me home!
Isaac:  What happened?
Aavelee (wailing):  I said every mean thing I know over and over and still he didn’t dislike me.  And then all of a sudden it was like everyone was looking at me all judgy-like and I just need to get out of here!  Please take me home!
Isaac: Ok, honey, just let me give this data to Jayda and we’ll head home.

When they got home, Brandt was donating his emotion potions and childhood drawings to charity to complete his Give Back Scout Badge.

Brandt:  Hey, Dad!  There’s something here for you!
Isaac:  Wow, Jayda’s fast!  Thanks, son!

Aavelee moped around for awhile, and then confessed her embarassing moments to her journal, which dramatically reduced the duration of her mood swing.

Tetsu checked his Geneology and found that he was still the father of just two children.  He was a little surprised, after all that fun in the sauna, so he invited Fabiana over to see if there was a baby on the way.  He was surprised to find that, not only was there no baby, but Fabiana had aged up to elder.  And she didn’t seem very happy about that.

He tried to cheer her up, but Nanny jumped in the middle on Fabiana’s behalf.
Nanny: Fabiana’s right, Tetsu!  She’s waited long enough to have her family together.  I’m sure Shae and Isaac would understand.
Tetsu:  I’m not leaving them until I’ve maxed my career.  I’m almost Level 9 – I’m sure I’ll get that promotion tomorrow.  I haven’t been to the Wishing Well yet, so I’ll use it to get to 10.  Just be patient for one more day Fabiana, and then come over tomorrow evening.  We’ll talk to Shae and Isaac, and then I’ll take you and the girls to a brand new beautiful home! 

And the next day Tetsu was promoted exactly as planned.

Fabiana came over and the four went downstairs to bowl and talk.
Tetsu:  Fabiana and I have been talking, and we really think it’s time for me to move out of here and go live with my family.  I need to get to know my girls better, and now that Fabiana’s an elder . . . well . . . anything could happen.
Shae:  Oh, Tetsu, you know we’ll miss you!  But of course you should go.  And I’m not just saying that because you’ve maxed your career and another skill and completed another aspiration, all within the last two days!

As Tetsu and Fabiana prepared to leave, Fabiana caught sight of the Observatory.  She nudged Tetsu.
Fabiana:  Tetsu, sweetie, you remember the last time we were in the observatory?
Tetsu:  Of course I do.  It was about 4 days before Madeline was born.
Fabiana:  Do you think we could . . . before we go . . . for old time’s sake . . . ?
They emerged with moodlets referencing mediocre woohoo.  But the second time was clearly not mediocre!

Especially for Fabiana!

And before Grim is even off the lot . . . the calls start rolling in.

Who IS that busybody making all those calls!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
Caught up!! OMG!! Those kids are adorable. I can't wait to see more of them.

Thank you! Some of the expressions they make are just hilarious.  I'm used to playing challenges with one or two sims where I set stuff up, speed through it, pause, set stuff up, speed through it, pause, etc.  This is so different.  I'm really having fun with it.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2019, 12:00:48 PM »

1.17  We're Makin' Mischief and We're Lovin' Every Minute

Aavelee couldn’t believe her good luck, rolling Chief of Mischief as her first aspiration.  She was having such fun with it.  It's such a hoot playing pranks on Nanny! The way her eyes roll is just too funny.

The Voodoo Doll was even better.

But the best part of all was clogging drains.  It wasn’t so much the drains themselves.  It was more the sims she got to meet when she went to clog the drains.
First up, Alexander Goth.  Genius, Cheerful, Bookworm (3 unique traits).  Not tops in the looks department, but Aavelee knew the power of the closet, and she thought there might be something here to work with. 

She really liked the Delgato kitchen.  And the Delgato son wasn’t bad either.  Pierce is a Self-Assured, Active (not unique), Cat Lover.

Next she came across Omari Boggs.  Childish, Kleptomaniac, Bookworm.  All unique traits.

Brandt completed all his Scouting Badges.

And then he called about a job in Fast Food.
Voice on the phone:  Well, Brandt, we’d love to have you, but aren’t you a Scout?  You can’t do both, you know. 
Brandt:  No problem.  I’m finished with Scouting – I’ve earned all the badges.  I’m ready for the responsibility of a job.
Voice on the phone:  That’s great to hear!  You start tomorrow.  Don’t be late!

Tetsu’s moving out to be with his girls really got Sawyer thinking about his family.  He barely knew Eden and Sara, and had only seen little Jorge once.  He invited Mariko over to visit.  She must have really been missing him too.  First she pulled him in the closet; then she wanted a closer look at his rocket.

Shae answers a knock at the door.

Shae:  Penny!  Hey, it’s great to see you!  But you look so sad.  Whatever is the matter?

Penny:  Oh, Shae.  I keep getting these phone calls about people dying.  It just makes me think about my life, you know? 
Shae:  Sit down here and tell me all about it.
Penny:  I’ve always been so focused on my career.  Living my fast-paced life in the city.  And now I’m nine days away from elder, and I have nothing but my fancy apartment and designer clothes.  No husband, no kids, just me, all alone.  With these constant phone calls.  This one died and that one died – thought you’d want to know.  I don’t want to know, you know?

Shae:  Penny, I do know.  Those phone calls really can drain away the energy.
Penny:  My apartment seems so empty now with no one in it but me.  I just don’t know how I can go home to it every day for the rest of my life, even if that’s not very long.  Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!
Shae:  Then don’t.  Move in here.  We have room.  Tetsu just moved out to live with his girls.  And you’re, what, a Level 8 internet personality?  That could be really helpful.

Penny:  Really, Shae?  You’d let me move in here!  And be part of your Legacy?
Shae:  Oh, so you were listening when I was talking about my Legacy?  I always thought you were ignoring me.
Penny:  Well, I guess I was a little bit jealous that I wasn’t picked to found a legacy or a dynasty or anything.  But if you really let me move in, I’ll help in any way I can! 

Penny:  Oh, and, hey, can I use that makeover closet you were always talking about?

A little while later.

Penny: And now to practice my speech and get my charisma up!

Penny had the City Native aspiration, and since that can’t be fulfilled without living in the city, she had to roll a new one.  She wasn’t quite ready to share what she rolled.  Also, she’s a Level 8 Internet Personality, but has no followers – she needs 10,000,000 to progress in her career.  She wasn’t quite ready to share that, either.

Isaac attached the spore filter from Jayda to the Hazmat suit and headed back to Strangerville.  It was time to get a look deeper in the lab.
He made his way through the blue haze to another locked door.

This is a well-organized and well-funded . . . what?  Takeover plot?  Experiment?  What is going on here?  And who is behind it?

Oh, this isn’t creepy at all!  Isaac had to see more.

Surely behind this door Isaac would learn what was going on here.  But did he really want to know?
As the door slid open, spores went flying everywhere.  Isaac peered in and saw flashes of moving color.

He entered the lab and climbed the stairs to get a better look.  Whatever it was, it was enormous.

It seemed to be trying to communicate with him.

Or did it intend to eat him?

Whatever it was, and whatever it intended, Isaac knew one thing – he couldn’t beat this alone. So he headed back to the equipment he’d used previously to see what he could find out. 

After much digging and poking around, he came across something that appeared to be a recipe for either a vaccine or a cure.  Maybe both.  In order to make it, he needed spores from those weird plants, and he had plenty of those.  But he also needed the actual fruit of the plant.  And he didn’t have any of those.  So he went outside to see if he could find some.

He peered at one of the plants, wondering aloud where he’d find the fruit.  He rubbed his hand along the stalk as he murmured to himself “where are you my lovely little glow-ball?”  Suddenly the plant poofed out a blue haze, and when it settled, bright green took its place.  Atop the plant sat a glowy fruit-ball. 

Isaac plucked the fruit, and then repeated the process with several more plants.  With several of the fruits in hand, he went back to the equipment and followed the instructions to make a few experimental vaccines.

Isaac went back to town to try out the vaccine/cure.  He immediately saw two infected locals, and tried it on both of them.  It did cause a reaction, but not what he was hoping for.

Isaac had one more vaccine, and he quickly found someone to try it on.

Isaac didn’t think it worked, because the man continued to look at him weirdly.  And then, when he fell to the ground just as the others had, Isaac was sure his “cure” was a failure.   But just then, his phone began to buzz with another text message.

Isaac really wanted to do as the message said and head back to the lab.  But if he did, he’d be late for the Birthday Party.  And since this party was for him and Sawyer, he thought he should be on time.  He knew Sawyer would be.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2019, 08:03:23 PM »

1.18 You Say It's Your Birthday, It's My Birthday Too Yeah

Isaac got home from Strangerville just in time for the party.  It was a small party, mostly just family, and it started with cake.  Isaac’s candles glowed atop a Hamburger cake made by his Fry-Cook son, Brandt.

Meanwhile, Sawyer was out greeting Mariko, and his soon-to-be son or daughter.

Brandt called him in to blow out his candles.
Sawyer:  A zombie cake?  Did you make this, Brandt?
Brandt: I sure did.  I remember my first cake – a zombie cake - that you made for me because Mom was trying to get her job tasks done.  You know, it meant a lot that you made time to bake those cakes for us. 
Sawyer:  It means a lot to me too.

Carlyle introduced himself to Sara Murakami – Sawyer’s daughter.  They immediately became friends, which completed Carlyle’s Social Butterfly aspiration – the last of the child aspirations for him.

Brandt tried not to be obvious about eyeing Eden, Sawyer’s oldest daughter.

Sawyer was really pleased to get time with his kids.

Birthday boys play some chess.

Aavelee met Shingo Yamaguchi at the birthday party, although it’s unclear who invited hiim.  He’s jealous, clumsy, and family-oriented.  She asked about his career and he laughed and then said he’s a hungry artist at 1000 Words Art Gallery.  So, overall, the traits aren’t great and the career has already been done.

Nanny overheard the conversation and came out to tell Aavelee that it was really late and she should be going in.  Then she turned to Shingo.
Nanny:  Son, its four o’clock in the morning and the party’s over.  You’re an adult and she’s a teen.  You’d best be running on home now.

The next morning . . .

Shae:  Hi honey.  What are you doing?
Carlyle:  I’m just looking at these postcards.  Have you really been to these places?
Shae:  No, these are from my penpals.  I found them online and asked them to send me postcards of their towns and cities, and they did.

Carlyle:  Doesn’t that make you want to go there?
Shae:  It kinda' does, but these places are in another simverse.  We can send letters and postcards back and forth, but we can’t really go there.
Carlyle:  But why not?  I mean, we have a rocket in the backyard, Tetsu was abducted by aliens, and there’s a family down the street with a cloning machine.  Is it really so impossible that there could be inter-simverse travel?

Shae:  Well, I don’t know about that.  But I do know something else.  I know it’s time for you to come blow out some Birthday candles.  We’re having the party this morning so your Dad and I can be here since we both have work today.

Carlyle was already Cheerful, now he’s also Creative with the Friend of the World aspiration.   And the family earned another Gold Medal.

With Carlyle a teen now, Shae and Isaac had to face the question of what to do about Nanny.  With all the adults in the house, they hadn’t really needed a Nanny once the twins became teens.  But she was like one of the family, and Carlyle was especially close to her.  They had a long talk about it, and then Isaac spoke with Nanny.

Isaac: Nanny, can we talk?
Nanny: Sure Isaac, what’s on your mind?

Isaac:  You know, now that Carlyle has aged up to teen, there really isn’t any Nanny work left here.
Nanny:  Oh, I knew this was coming!  You take care of the kids, give your heart to a family, and then the kids grow up and don’t need you any more!  I’ll just get my things together and go.

Isaac:  No, no Nanny.  You misunderstand.  True, the kids don’t need a Nanny anymore.  But that doesn’t mean we want you to go.  You are like family to us.  We want you to stay.  Move in.  Be a Sharebear.
Nanny:  Really, Isaac?!?  You wouldn’t tease an ol’ Nanny would you?

Isaac:  Of course not!
Nanny:  Shae!  Isaac says you want me to move in.
Shae:  That’s right, Nanny.  I know the Nanny Service won’t keep you here with kids grown to teens.  But none of us want you to leave.
Nanny:  Oh, you Sharebears are just the best family ever!
Isaac:  Nanny, this door leads to the room Tetsu built for his mischief club.  It was always locked to everyone but him.  It’s yours now.  Any time you want to get away, watch some news, or a cooking show, or some comedy, this room will be here, just for you!

Shae:  Nanny, now that you’re a Sharebear, I see that your aspiration is City Native.  That one can’t be done by a Sharebear, so you’ll need a new one. 

Nanny pulls out a tablet and taps on it, then laughs a good hearty laugh.

Shae:  What is it Nanny?
Nanny (grinning):  Serial Romantic.

Later, in the Mischief Room

Nanny:  Wow, my own entertainment room.  I think I will watch a little Comedy Channel.  That sounds like just the thing.

Nanny:  Hee hee hee – this is really funny.

Nanny:  Hee hee, oh, hoo hoo, ha ha ha, oooooooo . . . laughing . . . too . . . much . . . can’t . . . stop . . . hahahahahahahaha . . . . eeeeeeeeee . . . .

And then . . .

Grim . . .

. . . . took . . .

. . . . Nanny.

Oddly, not a single phone rang.  No one called to tell the family of Nanny Saya’s passing. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »

1.19 The Stars Have Aligned And The Future is Shining So Bright

Penny had a work assignment to give a speech uptown.  While she poured her heart into an energetic speech to all the empty seats, Shae visited with Vlad and Caleb. 

When she finished her speech, Penny introduced herself to Caleb with an enthusiastic hip bump.

Caleb:  Wow - In all my years, and I have had many, no one has ever introduced themselves to me that way.  You wanna’ hang out?
Penny:  Absolutely! We can go back to my place  . . . I mean, our place . . . where I live . . . .with Shae and the Sharebears.

Caleb:  Sharebears . . . that sounds familiar . . . do I know you?
Shae (remembering):  We haven’t exactly met.  But I do recall seeing you shortly after I arrived.  I believe you were breaking into this gym right here . . . which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Caleb:  Oh, yeah, that . . . I’d rather forget about that if you don’t mind.

Back at Shae Chateau

Caleb:  Nice House.
Penny:  Thanks.  I haven’t been here long, but so far I like it.  Can I get you anything? A refreshment maybe?

Caleb:  Well, there is one thing . . . (Caleb whispers in Penny's ear.

Penny:  Of course, Caleb. 

Penny:  Oh, Caleb!  That is so . . . intense!

Caleb:  I must say, you do taste lovely.  Simply lovely.  Now . . . is there anything I can do for you?

Penny:  Well there is one thing . . . it's about my aspiration . . . Penny whispers in Caleb's ear.

Caleb:  Not what I was expecting . . . but certainly not an unwelcome thought.  You just let me know when you’re ready.

Tuesday was Spooky Day, and the Sharebears planned a Spooky Party for that night.  It wasn’t a goaled event, so possibly someone made a mistake with the scheduling.
Shae was as excited about Spooky Day as the kids.  She was rocking out, in costume, all throughout the day.

The guests began arriving and joined in the dancing.

Aavelee and Isaac got a start on the pumpkin carving.

Later Isaac went downstairs to find Brandt mourning Nanny, and convinced him to come up and carve a pumpkin.

Nanny came out to join the party with a hug for Aavelee.  She gave a big hug to Carlyle while Eden strikes a flirty pose as Brandt goes by.

Sawyer, Isaac and Brandt got together and moved the sofa and table to Family Inventory and threw down a cardboard dance floor. 

The pumpkins kept watch over the backyard as the party continued late into the night.

The Sharebears were all so busy with the party, they didn’t notice anyone out at the cowplants.  But the next morning, Brandt went out and found that all three needed milking.  The first one held Supriya’s Essence of Playfulness.  The second was Eden’s Essence of Flirtation.  Third was Tetsu’s Essence of Happiness.

Brandt:  Hmmmmm . . . so Eden was feeling flirty last night.  I should have been paying more attention.

Mariko called Sawyer to tell him about his new baby boy, Demarcus.  Sawyer asked her to come over.  He had something important to talk with her about.

Sawyer:  Mariko I know you’re aware that this Legacy I’m involved in is really important to me.  But do you know that you and Eden and Sara and Jorge and Demarcus are much more important to me than the Legacy?

Mariko:  Sawyer, are you saying what I think you’re saying?
Sawyer:  I’m saying it’s going to be our time soon.  Our time to be together as a family.

Mariko:  You know Sawyer, after what happened with Tetsu and Fabiana, I’ve been worried for us.
Sawyer:  I know, me too.  But you are much younger than Fabiana – still a Young Adult.
Mariko:  Yes, I’m not sure how that has happened, exactly, but Shae told me something about babies keeping you young . . . or maybe it was pregnancies . . . I don’t know, something like that.
Sawyer:  All I know is that you are as young and beautiful as the day I met you, and I could not love you more.

Mariko:  Oh, Sawyer, you’re really coming to live with us?
Sawyer:  Not just live with you.  I want it official.  Mariko Murikami, love of my life and mother of my children, will you marry me?

Mariko:  Sawyer Bailey, my one true love and father of my precious babies, yes, I will marry you.

Mariko:  Have you told Shae and Isaac?
Sawyer:  No.  I had to make sure your answer was yes first, didn’t I?  Where would I be if I moved out and you said no?
Mariko (laughing):  Sawyer Bailey, you are so full of it.  I have never, ever said no to you, and we have four children to prove it.
Sawyer:  You leave Shae and Isaac to me.  Believe me, they’ll be happy for us.  How about you start looking for a place for a Sunday wedding?
Mariko:  Sunday!  That’s four days from now!  How will I find a place and get everything ready in just four days?
Sawyer:  Do you want to wait longer?
Mariko:  No, no, goodness no!  I’ve waited long enough.  I’ll find a beautiful place.  A perfect place.
Sawyer:  I know you will, my love.  I know you will.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »

1.20 This Is My Fight Song . . . Take Back My Life Song

Isaac knew he needed to get back to Strangerville and create those vaccines.  Even if it meant taking a day off work.  With Harvestfest on Thursday and the twins aging up on Saturday Isaac wanted to get this Strangerville Mystery solved as quickly as possible. Knowing that both twins will age up with more than 3 Character Traits, Isaac wanted to be at the right level of Super Parent to take advantage of that.

So he headed back to the lab and created more vaccines. 

He’d seen a lot of infected locals around the bar, so he headed there next.  He needed to cure some of these sims, and then recruit them to help him fight the Mother Plant.
The first infected local he saw was Leslie Holland.  He administered the vaccine and waited anxiously to see what happened.

It worked!  It took a minute, but it worked.  Leslie was cured.  And she immediately agreed to help fight the Mother Plant.

Giovanna Carney was coming toward him, with that jerky, bizarre walk of the infected.  Isaac pulled out another vaccine.

Giovanna also wanted to help rid Strangerville of the Mother Plant.

Isaac was still talking to Giovanna when he saw Ted Roswell lurching along. He ran over and threw the cure in Ted’s face.  Ted was cured just like the others, and like the others, wanted to help in the fight.

So the four of them headed back to the lab.  The Mother Plant watched them closely as they entered.

Isaac climbed the stairs while Ted, Giovanna and Leslie got into position around the plant. They immediately started spraying the plant with the vaccine Isaac had made.

With Leslie and Giovanna fighting from the sides, and Ted behind the plant, Isaac stopped spraying long enough to throw a vaccine directly at the Mother Plant.  It exploded as it hit for maximum damage.

The Mother Plant screamed and thrashed about, and the team knew they were winning. 

But the fight was far from over.  The Mother Plant’s screams called her minions into battle.  One of them engaged Ted in hand-to-hand combat.