Author Topic: The Took Another Try IDC--Acting and Reacting  (Read 13188 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
The Took Another Try IDC--Acting and Reacting
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2019, 12:58:25 PM »
When last we'd left our favorite pink haired loser, he'd been led by the invaluable insight of his glorious Watcher, Elsa...
Elsa:  Aww, thanks, narrator!
and the scientific wisdom of William Nee the Science Fellow...
William Nee the Science Fellow:  I still hear the voice!!  It just won't go away!!
to move in and court the affections of Elsa, not his Watcher, but her.

Balthasar:  So, Elsa...not my Watcher...ummm...you...your hair...
Watcher Elsa:  Yeah, I need to give the other losers makeovers and then I'll see about writing him a romance script.
Elsa:  Sounds great.  I'm gonna go paint!
Balthasar:  I'll just...umm...I'll...what do I do?
Watcher Elsa:  Practice acting, pinky.  Believe me, you need the practice.
Balthasar:  Oh.  Right.  I'm an actor.
Wather Elsa:  First to travel down makeover avenue...

Watcher Elsa:  Alina!
Alina:  I wasn't sure about this makeover thing, but you really nailed it, Elsa!
Watcher Elsa:  Of course I did!  I'm awesome.  Anyway, just fish for a now, but in a little while we'll get you gardening and learning vampire lore because I want garlic bushes since someone apparently decided to snack on my loser the night before his audition.
Vlad:  ...I have a nice nose.  Please don't hurt me.
Watcher Elsa:  Anyway, our second passenger on makeover avenue...well...there wasn't much I could do with that one and we'll just leave him out fishing as much as possible so no one has to look at him.

Messiah:  Haha, the ways you joke, Watcher Elsa.  Pollinator Messiah, reporting for duty!  So, Alina, you want to be the first gal blessed with my made over glory?
Watcher Elsa:  Hey, Alina, why don't you go fish on the dock?  I think Messiah has this area covered.

Alina:  He's so creepy!  Thank you, Elsa, you're the best!
Watcher Elsa:  This is true.  Hmm, sure hope pinky didn't try anything with the lesser Elsa without getting a script first...

Balthasar:  Hey...Elsa...
Elsa:  Hey yourself, Balthasar.
Balthasar:  You're...you're really pretty and I'd really like to take you out to...

Elsa:  Whoa!  Back off, big guy.  We've only known each other for a day!
Balthasar:  Three days.
Elsa:  I am not going to rush into a relationship just because you're a dynasty founder and really cute and stuff.  I expect you to be patient and kind and slowly win my trust and build a real relationship with me!
Balthasar:  Umm, okay...
Elsa:  So come try again tomorrow and I'll totally be on board because I'm just playing hard to get.

Balthasar:  You are?
Elsa:  Of course I am!  But I can't tell you that or it won't work!
Balthasar:  Okay, so try again tomorrow and...
Elsa:  Yes, tomorrow I'll totally be swept off my feet and then we can safely say we didn't rush into anything.
Balthasar:  Wow, you're a real pro at this whole dating thing!
Elsa:  I know, right?  And can you believe I've never even dated before?!?!?
Balthasar:  Wow!  Me neither! 
Elsa:  We have so much in common!  Neither of us have dated, we both have the letter "L" in our names, neither of us is a llama, obviously soulmates, but I won't confirm that until tomorrow.  Hard to get and all.
Balthasar:  Okay!
Watcher Elsa:  Wow, William Nee the Science Fellow was right, they are perfect together!  Ridiculous and annoying, but perfect together.

Messiah:  Oh my.  Looks like some lovely lady sent a gift to the mustachio'd man candy!
Watcher Elsa:  Please never call yourself that again, and it's not a gift from an admirer, it's...Ooooo, an ambrosia treat for a dog worth $2,500!  Keep catching things that valuable and you can call yourself whatever you want.
Messiah:  You got it, little lady.
Watcher Elsa:  He's so creepy!

Alina:  So, why am I learning vampire lore?
Watcher Elsa:  The main reason is it involves you being inside where you might be seen and you're lovely and not Messiah.
Alina:  That's fair.
Watcher Elsa:  As secondary points, garlic will help ward off Vlad's nightly cravings to make pinky into his juice box...
Balthasar:  Thank you!
Watcher Elsa:  and secondly, if a good spouse option comes along at some point in the dynasty but they're a vampire, already having ample plasma fruits and such collected for a vampire cure will be super helpful.
Alina:  I see.  I'm doing this so someone else can have love.
Watcher Elsa:  Exactly!
Alina:  ...I'm so lonely.
Watcher Elsa:  Love that can-do attitude, Alina!  Anyway, pinky's got his first real acting gig now.  Hope he doesn't screw it up.

Balthasar:  Wow, it's like a warehouse, but for storing actors instead of...things that go in a warehouse!
Watcher Elsa:  Get to hair and make-up, pinky!
Security:  Sorry, ma'am, this is a closed set.
Watcher Elsa:  (glares)
Security:  Uhhh, but not to you, let me hold the door for you.
Watcher Elsa:  Thank you!

Stylist:  Well, you're certainly a handsome fellow.
Balthasar:  Thanks, my future wife thinks so too.
Stylist:  Yes, I certainly do, you smooth talker!
Watcher Elsa:  Back off, nasty harpy!  I already picked out a wife for him using science.
Stylist:  ...okay...sorry?  Anyway, done!

Balthasar:  Umm, not sure this makes me look like a doctor?
Stylist:  Doctor?  I thought you said "rock star."  Hang on...
Watcher Elsa:  Done!  And off to wardrobe.

Wardrobe Lady:  So, what role are you playing?
Balthasar:  In the script I believe it lists me as the "hot doc."
Wardrobe Lady:  Got it!!

Watcher Elsa:  Ugh.  Doc.  Hot doc, not hot dog.

Wardrobe Lady:  Oof, sorry!
Balthasar:  I look great in this!!
Wardrobe Lady:  Okay...hang on...and there...fixed it!
Watcher Elsa:  Pinky, focus.  You have to go act now.
Balthasar:  Yes.  Acting.  Right.  Channel my inner hot doc.

Wardrobe Lady:  I think he's channeling his inner hot dog.
Watcher Elsa:  Ugh.

Balthasar:  Wanna buy some drugs?  We've got loads!!  And we can get you loaded!!
Watcher Elsa:  It's like a train wreck.
Blathasar:  Hey, looks like we've got an impatient patient!

Balthasar:  What seems to be the problem?
Patient:  Oh, Hot Doc, I'm so glad you're here.  I just feel so...awful!  Is there...anything...you can do to make me feel better?
Watcher Elsa:  Ugh, this is horrid.

Balthasar:  I'll just take your temperature...with this highlighter...
Director:  CUT!!
Watcher Elsa:  Thank goodness someone ended this nightmare.

Director:  Balthasar, baby!  That was great!!  Such wonderful acting.  Such passion!  I could really feel it!  Can't wait until the CGI people fix your mistakes and the voiceover actor we hired fixes all the lines you messed up.  It's gonna be a hit, baby, a hit!!
Watcher Elsa:  Umm, shouldn't you just reshoot it to fix the pile of hot mess it was?
Director:  Eh, it's just a commercial, so I'm gonna make it someone else's problem.  I wanna direct movies, baby.  Movies!!
Watcher Elsa:  Well, the director set the bar super low, and no surprise, pinky still almost blew it.  Ah well.  Got the promotion.  Let's head home!

Balthasar:  Hey, Elsa, I'm back!
Elsa:  Oh, were you gone?
Balthasar:  You...you didn't notice?
Elsa:  Of course, I noticed, silly, and missed you terribly!  I'm just pretending I didn't because I'm playing hard to get.
Balthasar:  Oh.  Wow.  You're so good at this!!
Elsa:  I know!
Watcher Elsa:  Lesser Elsa, come look at this!

Elsa:  Someone made a mess in here!
Watcher Elsa:  Yeah.  That was probably Messiah.  I mean, his name does start with the word "mess."
Elsa:  That makes sense!!
Watcher Elsa:  Yeah it does!  Good work having that neat trait!  And oddly effective job mopping a carpet.
Elsa:  Thanks!

Watcher Elsa:  And so, as our household comes to the end of the day, I'm gonna put the pinky doll over here in the master bedroom...

Watcher Elsa:  and the Elsa doll goes in the helper room since she's playing hard to get.  Pretty sure pinky was playing hard to want.  Good night, losers.
Losers:  Good night, Watcher Elsa!!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Took Another Try IDC--Acting and Reacting
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »
Hot Doc-Dog, too funny!! Kudos to Non-watcher Elsa for making Balth work to get her.
And this maybe a stupid question that I could of possibly missed/forgot- but what is a Pollinator?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2019, 10:43:00 PM »
Well, that will teach me to go away for a few days.  I missed out on the excitement of guessing who each sample belonged to!  I still guessed, though, and I was only right about 3/5.  D- for me.  Anyway, not-watcher Elsa is a great choice.  Who knew all that beauty was hidden beneath a safari hat, glasses, and cc hair? 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2019, 01:46:14 PM »
Hot Dog/Doc!  Hysterical!  Love the "playing hard to get" bit.  You are so good at this.  Whenever I feel gloomy I go read your story, over and over.  Always makes me laugh.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »
Been super busy as our we close on our new house on Wednesday, but I should be able to settle back into some Simming time again soon and get more updates going...including a guest appearance  ;=)

Hot Doc-Dog, too funny!! Kudos to Non-watcher Elsa for making Balth work to get her.
And this maybe a stupid question that I could of possibly missed/forgot- but what is a Pollinator?
So glad you enjoyed the hot doc/hot dog bit.  Just a lovely bit of dumb luck with the costuming mishap for the gig!
A pollinator in a dynasty is a Sim whose task is to make lots of babies to create more potential spouse an/or friend options for the heirs.  It's particularly helpful as a strategy if you're worried about Sims being culled or have a specific family you want to marry into the dynasty later.

Well, that will teach me to go away for a few days.  I missed out on the excitement of guessing who each sample belonged to!  I still guessed, though, and I was only right about 3/5.  D- for me.  Anyway, not-watcher Elsa is a great choice.  Who knew all that beauty was hidden beneath a safari hat, glasses, and cc hair? 
Yeah, I was pretty pleased when I gave her a makeover and saw just how cute she really was!  I'd actually originally planned to keep the glasses, but I think she has really pretty eyes and wanted them to be more visible.

Hot Dog/Doc!  Hysterical!  Love the "playing hard to get" bit.  You are so good at this.  Whenever I feel gloomy I go read your story, over and over.  Always makes me laugh.
So glad you're enjoying the silliness.  Wordplay and delightfully oblivious characters are kind of my favorite things to include in stories, so I'm glad that they bring a smile to your face  :=)

anything