Author Topic: Custom Genders and offspring  (Read 2325 times)

Offline c_wrex

• Nooboo
Custom Genders and offspring
« on: June 18, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
Hi all, first post - hoping someone can shed some light for me and either spare me hours of gameplay to be ultimately disappointed or confirm what I hope to be true!  I'm curious if I play a female sim with male genitalia who can impregnate other sims can her offspring inherit her same genetic/sexual characteristics?  I.e. will it be possible for her female babies have to have male genitalia and be able to impregnate?  Or will I need to manually edit cas settings if I want that to be passed down to any of her offspring?  I'm hoping to do a kinda hybrid Legacy run where the heirs are determined by firstborn females that also possess this particular trait, but my gut says the game is not going to play nice in this regard. 

Also, why the heck isn't there a "both" option for become pregnant/impregnate?!  I'm borderline obsessed with Mass Effect and I really wanted to create an Asari that maintains her feminine frame, clothing and sexual characteristics but that could do both - get another female pregnant and also have a baby... If anyone knows of a mod that I clearly don't know about please let me know! 

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
Re: Custom Genders and offspring
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 05:00:55 PM »
I play a same-sex couple in TS4 that is a remake of one I made for TS3.  When I remade Avery, I chose to allow him to become pregnant. Sure, I had always thought of him as male, but apparently he is a Trans man, has been all along, and now is finally ready to have a family with his long time partner and husband, Riley.

Try For Baby worked as usual. Ave took a pregnancy test the next day and confirmed he was expecting. Three days of pregnancy, listening to Alternative and eating nothing but carrots from the garden, he gave birth to a boy, Alf (both from the old root for "Elf" because the original Avery was a Fairy, and from Alpha, A, One, First child).

As an infant, I cannot inspect Alf closely. He is essentially an object in-game. My very strong suspicion, however, is that being a boy, he will have defaulted to "can impregnate others" under gender setting.  That setting can, however, be adjusted in live play at any mirror with the "Change Sim" option, without needing mods or cheats.

To summarize: I am not certain but from how the system is set by default, I expect that you will have to toggle the option yourself. I'll allow Alfie to determine his procreative role when he's a YA. Right now, he's too little to worry about it.

Happy Simming!
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 05:36:11 PM »
I had two male Sims have babies together, and it automatically set by gender, when they reached the age you can select. You could allow yourself a bend in the rules, just to deal with that. I honestly don't think it's inheritable. I didn't check all of them though (that I remember), the couple has like five boys, or so.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline c_wrex

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 06:26:57 PM »
Dang you guys are fast! Thanks for the replies! I'm going to assume that the game is not going to pass down custom gender settings to my offspring is the first born male I will manually switch to female but maintain all of their masculine sexual qualities, so essentially first born male is the heir. I guess this will have to do!  Too bad...

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
Glad to help! 

And to touch a question I skipped before, I think "both" is not an option because while human intersexed individuals with both sorts of organs do exist, none are functional/fertile as both biological sexes - a condition known in biology as hermaphroditism, which does exist in some species, but not humans.  Trans folk can be women who retain male procreative function, or men who retain female function. That does actually happen.

(I hope this isn't across the line for these forums - I do try to stay family-friendly. But also I do know RL trans folks, and their wonderful, friendly families who love them as they are.)
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline c_wrex

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 09:22:29 PM »
Yeah, I get that.  I mean it's obviously for my own little 'I wish I was an IRL Asari' lol...
Also appreciate the checks and balances, I didn't really consider the overall audience!  :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 01:35:21 AM »
The last two posts here are pushing it a little for what's acceptable, given Rule 1 (no sexual content, which this is in danger of encroaching on), however I am happy to let it stand for now. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.