Author Topic: Rebecca's cafe  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Rebecca's cafe
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:30:43 PM »
Hello everybody:

so i am playing island paradise and want to buy rebecca's cafe. it's not letting me do so. was wondering if anyone has had this problem and were you able to solve it?  thank you for  your replies!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Rebecca's cafe
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 05:34:43 PM »
I can't seem to buy Rebecca's Cafe. It's not on the Check Real Estate List.  I've read some where awhile ago that some lots aren't purchasable, but I'm not finding anything that verifies that either way. **

** (Maybe) useful list about venues - https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=2064.0

The link above gives some information on what venues can be purchased and shares a note of Player recreations of the venues can be played. However, the default ones cannot be purchased.

I wanted to test this out for myself.

I had an idea of changing the lot type, go back to Sim have them check the list again to see if it's available. It may not be. (And Rebecca's wasn't.) I changed it back to Visitor's Allowed. Checked the list again to see if it was available for purchase and am still not seeing on the list as purchasable. Clicked on the lot to see if it gives me an option to purchase and that's a no.

Some lots are purchasable by clicking on the front door, but others aren't.

Checking in a different town - Hidden Springs. Going to try to buy Hans Tavern and Cafe. I click on it, and it gives me an option to purchase the property right there!!

That tells me that Rebecca's Cafe may be one of the lots/venues that aren't purchasable no matter if you change it's lot type or not. I have not tried recreating it.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 08:41:12 PM »
thanks for trying mrs. flynn.  i also bought hans tavern and re modeled it and it works fine. but one thing i did not do was have a clerk tend register. have try that next time. i was so disappointed i could'nt buy rebecca's cafe. it would have been great to give it a little makeover and have my sim run it herself. her name was also rebecca. so that would have been cool.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 09:17:39 PM »
You're welcome, from all that I've read while searching on this issue is that you can try to recreate the cafe and from there it should be purchasable. I just haven't had the chance to do that.

Edited to add -

I have some frustrating news... I tried to somewhat re-create Rebecca's Cafe... Well, MrsFlynn's Ticky-Tacky style version. I started building it on a residential 25x25 lot. It's not fully done, but enough to test.

I changed it from the residential lot to a Visitors Allowed lot, and wasn't able to buy it. I also tried setting it as a Small Park and that didn't work either.

I do have a tip that Dee shared with me - Use testingcheatsenabled on and then Shift-Click on any lot you want to make over. It uses your Sim's household money, but it's fun going around town doing makeovers on different houses and community lots.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 09:34:14 PM »
i'll sure try that. i sometimes do that with the festival lots. i add horseshoe courts and the rodeo instead of just the skating rink and apple bobbing. its fun. it does drain the money but i just give it back to my sim. 

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 07:28:04 PM »
If you're not playing a challenge Peanut, you could just go into Edit Town and give your chosen lots a makeover. Then it doesn't come out of your household money.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 12:13:18 PM »
Hello there! I figured out a way to make sure you can buy it. If you have University, this should do the trick. I'm not sure why the lot wasn't purchasable before as nothing indicated that it was meant to be that way, I went into debug mode to make sure, but for some reason it was. If you change the lot to a cafe/coffeehouse, it should show up as purchasable property.
Hope this fixes your problem!  ;D

(Rebecca's cafe is the fourth property down and costs $45,504 simoleans)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
After I saw Mpart's post I jumped into game to see if I could find a lot type called cafe/Coffeehouse. I was able to find Coffehouse. So I changed the lot to that.

Click images to see larger view

It worked!! I could purchase the lot!!

However, I went to Edit Town to edit it and I wasn't able to edit it. It gave me a message of Can't Alter Owned Lot.

I changed it's lot type so I could edit it.

Then changed it back to lot type Coffee House so I could buy it. So it looks like if you want to make it over, you'll have to do it either through Edit Town, or use testingcheatsenabled on and then Shift-Click on the lot. It uses your household's money, but that could be apart of the fun of making it over?