Author Topic: Sims 3 Overheating - tried everything!  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Nepatizz

• Nooboo
Sims 3 Overheating - tried everything!
« on: March 19, 2021, 07:48:50 PM »
Hey there,

I just bough an Asus Zenbook a week or so ago and Sims 3 is overheating my cores incredibly quickly. I have tried using vsync in both NVIDIA control panel and Intel Graphics Command Center and neither are actually working and lowering my FPS. The game is running at around 250 fps. There's zero lag and it runs beautifully but just heats my card up. My settings are all on medium and I've been running in full screen mode.

I know this is a common issue with this game, so if anyone could give me any advice on how to activate the vsync that would be helpful. Also let me know if there are any other safe 3rd party FPS limiters, as I have a strong feeling this is the issue that's overheating my GPU.

I've been running it through Steam if that makes any difference.

Here are my basic specs:

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz   2.80 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1650 with Max-Q

Thanks!

g

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Overheating - tried everything!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 08:17:41 PM »
Check the bottom of the laptop to see if there are any vents. If so, you could possibly try a laptop cooling pad like the one below:

Pccooler Laptop Cooling Pad
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2QPYMY

Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest.

If you'd like to get a second opinion, please go to AHQ Sims 3 Forum and post your question there.

AHQ's Sims 3 Tech Help Forum:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/the-sims-3

Sign in with your EA account, click the New Topic button, up near the top of the board, to make a new post.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Sims 3 Overheating - tried everything!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 09:42:10 PM »
You'll want to limit the FPS. TS3 doesn't have a native FPS limiter so you have to go third party...I used Rivatuner and can vouch for it being safe and effective. Basically you install it, add TS3.exe, and set the framerate limit to 60 for the program. There are a lot of settings but I ignore most of them.

It might not solve all your problems but graphics cards can get pretty hot.

Also when I played TS3 on a laptop, I had a cheap cooling pad and an additional tabletop fan tilted towards it.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything