Author Topic: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27  (Read 15034 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27
« on: May 16, 2019, 03:29:21 PM »
Well, I'm pretty rusty so bear with me as I struggle to relearn and remember all I forgot!  I can't seem to just play Sims, but am always thinking of their life beyond the skilling and such, and they seem to have so much to say.  So, here goes......again.

Shared Rewards

1 . Connections  (best money maker ploy and advance to job level)
2 . Steel Bladder  (No go is a big help!)
3 . Never Weary  (more time to skill)
4 . Moodlet Solver  (problem fixer)
5 . Potions of Youth (for Ambrosia only)
6 . Frugal (to cover mortgage, taxes, insurance, you know the drill)
7 . Entrepreneurial ( for good jobs for all)
8.  Marketable
9.  Mentor

Shared Aspirations

1 . Soul Mate
2 . Serial Romantic
3 . Fabulously Wealthy
4 . Mansion Baron
5 . Grilled Cheese

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meet Amanda
I really didn't want to do this you know.  I mean, I've heard and read it all.  So many folks have gone before me, some were successful and some.......well, let's hope I'm not one of the latter.  Oh, we haven't met yet!  *embarrassed smile*   So, my name is Amanda Newcombe and I'm newly come to Willowbrook.   Pleased to make your acquaintance.  I hope we can be good friends.  (I need all I can get!)

Chapters

Chapter 1.  A Great Day for Starters

Chapter 2.  Beginnings

Chapter 3. Moving Right Along

Chapter 4.  The House

Chapter 5. Moving On

Chapter 6.  Romance?  Oh no!

Chapter 7. Love Lost?

Chapter 8.  The Meeting

Chapter 9. Success!

Chapter 10. No Bells, Just Wedding

Chapter 11: Making a Friend

Chapter 12:  It's a New Day

Chapter 12 1/2 My Home WIP1

Chapter 13:  Oh, Happy Day!

Chapter 14: Happy Birthday, Amanda

Chapter 15: More Birthdays

Chapter 16: Vacay!

Chapter 17: Big News

Chapter 18: Time and "Belly" Moves On

Chapter 19: And Baby Makes Three

Chapter 20: Welcome Donanda!

Chapter 21: Toddler Cuteness

Chapter 22: More Cuteness
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Here I Go Again! ID try
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 03:38:55 PM »
I'm on origin now.. Just sent you a message.

But Good luck on your Dynasty. I have faith in you Joria.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 03:51:04 PM »
Good luck, Joria!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! ID Try
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »
Thanks @reggikko  and @sdhoey !  Reggiko just started reading the vampire story.  Not fond of vamps but the story is well done and I'm actually loving it.  Yes, I too am a Buffy fan despite hating vampires.

Shannon getting reacquainted with Colt and your stories as well.  Gotta love the big guy!  You make it look so easy.

Ok, let's hope this won't be the only post in this story.  Here we go again......

Chapter 1.  A Great Day for Starters

I wanted to see if there was any action going on, so bright and early this morning, it was only around 8 am, I called up a cab and headed off to explore my world.  I knew I'd need helpers, all the help I could get actually, so hoped the park would have some likely people for me to charm into moving in.  Well, I didn't get these eyelashes, (custom content by kikko) for nothing.  And.....there he is.....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

He's not bad looking, young enough to last, and hopefully bored with his nomadic life and is willing to share an empty, (not for long), lot with me.

Amanda: Well, hi there!  My name is Amanda and I'm new in town.  You come here often?

Kelly:  Pleased to meetcha Mandy, I may call you Mandy mayn't I?  Name is Kelly Coughlin.  Yeah, I try to get in a bit of chess when I can get away from gardening.  Stretches the brain and a great way to meet new folks.  Like yourself.

Amanda: Well, it's nice to meet you.  Yeah, Mandy is fine.  What a glorious day this is!  Just look at all that spring sunshine.

Kelly:  Don't let it fool you hon, this rather like Oregon, weather changes in five minutes, especially in spring.  Hope you don't mind the rain because it seems to do that a lot.  You got lucky with the day.

Amanda:  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll make sure I'll get an umbrella.  Say.... since it's so nice, would you care to do a little cloud gazing, before they turn to rain clouds?

W:  Well, she seems to be off to a decent start.  Let's see if she snags this guy.  After all, those eye lashes....lol.

W:  Of course she wasn't unaware of the "other" gardener who has now taken over the chess board.  Go for it girl friend!  Get him too.  One of them has to work out right.

Amanda: (thinking) * Well, that's one for the good guys.  Kelly seems really nice, and I'm sure he's good on wide open fields.  All that produce he can plant!  And helloooo, number 2.*

Amanda:  Hello!  My name is Amanda Newcomb and I'm new come to this town.  Sorry, that's a bad play on words.  So, nice to meet you, Mr.....?

Leland:  Oh, Leland Britt a your service.  So, heard you might be in the market for a move in guy, right?  If you're a watched Sim I'm not too sure I'd be interested.  Yeah, sure, I've got gardening skills but it's not where my heart is.  You see, I'm more interested in science and logic and if you want to stick me in the garden, well...

Amanda:  Let's just chill with some cloud gazing and I'll tell you what I've got in mind, ok?  (CG always works!)

Amanda: So look, there is nothing in the contract that says you HAVE to garden.  Ok, maybe a little here and there but I'm open to new things and being a scientist does have its advantages, (like an income).  And, you look like a stand up kind of guy, I'll bet there are a lot of lovely ladies just willing to be "special friends" with scientific types, right?  So....waddya say?

Leland:  Ok.  I'll give it a shot.  What the heck, a nice home, friendly people and the possibility of a new job.  Yeah.  Let's do it!

W:  And with that her new life had an interesting start.  With two helpers kicking in the cash and what she had this is the home I built for them for starters.  And with that, I'll say good bye and good luck Amanda and family.  You guys are off to a felicitous start.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 06:16:02 PM »
Lovely house Joria. Hoping that this attempt is successful for you. I've got a sister called Amanda ... I wonder what she'd do to me if I started calling her Mandy. She'd probably kill me, so I'd better not try.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 08:33:58 PM »
Looks great! I used to do these challenges a lot on this forum for Sims 3, and now I am lurking around reading others because I'm thinking about doing another one for the first time on Sims 4!
Kelly seems like a real keeper to me for sure, and the house looks great! ;)
Good luck!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Beginnings
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 05:17:21 PM »
Thank you so much for reading and the kind words.  It sure helps keep me motivated when things like, almost had the house done and the pc crashed, happens.  Lol!  No problem, building is almost always a work in progress for me.

@Deklitch:  I wouldn't recommend calling your sister "Mandy".  Amanda only allowed it, without comment, because she really needed helpers!  Not sure where it will all go but at the moment she is a fun Sim to play.  I was at a loss for what to build for them so that house is a "starter" with lots more needing to be done once they have the cash.  I love playing a "no buy" kind of game but this time I'm not adding that level of stress.
@kattiq:  Oh I hope you do one of these!  It's really a lot of fun, (and stress and sometimes boring), and worth doing.  I have to admit though, while I'm enjoying this I really loved the more things I felt I could do with Sims3.  I have downloaded a lot of CC, which I never used to use, from Simmers who have converted Sims3 stuff I loved and made them compatible with Sims4.  Thanks for the kind words about the house.

Chapter 2.  Beginnings

Kelly:  Well, this is certainly not a bad place to live.  Look at all the room for gardens!!  I can hardly wait to get started planting.

Lyle: Meh, me not so much.  Yeah, house is ok for starters but you DID say I could do somethings other than just more gardening.  Right?

Kelly:  Dude!  You gotta be kidding me!  She's gonna cook for us, take care of the house and all we have to do is plant a few things.  Come on, what more do you need?  And......well, she is kind of eye candy, right?  Oh, and I have dibs.  First come after all.  Let's get to it..

W:  Amanda you'd best watch out for this one.  I think those eyelashes really did the trick for him. Be careful, not sure he'd make a good, long term spouse.

Amanda:  Yeah, I know.  Gotta find a mate though and he really is a nice guy, and, not to mention, not bad looking for a created Sim.  Meanwhile there is way too much to do to even think about such things.

W:  Well, you'd best get cracking at it and don't get distracted.  Need I mention the McCloud family?  Just sayin'.

True to his word, Kelly got busy.  So many things to plant and big plans on what he wants for the future.

He didn't even notice when it got much later......

Lyle:  Yeah, lookin' good.  You do know there is grilled cheese sandwiches waiting for you, right?  Must say this is definitely your cup of tea.  Not mine though.

Kelly:  Ok.  Be right there, soon as I finish.....

Meanwhile, back in the house, Amanda has decided they are all going to acquire the Grilled Cheese skill.  If nothing else it's easy and hey, a Sim has to eat after all.

Amanda:  This really looks good.  You know, my favorite meal has always been grilled cheese sandwiches and hot tomato soup.  You dip the sandwich in the soup and it's yummy!

Lyle:  Um hmmm.  (Will she ever stop?  I've got studying to do. )

Amanda:  I mean, most folks don't consider dipping sandwiches in their soup, must be a human thing,  but I think it's beyond comfort food.  This one is looking particularly great.  Ah well, no soup tonigh Lyle.

Lyle:  (And that may be a blessing because I'd have to listen to her rhapsodized over soup next.)  Ah, huh.  Studying here.

Amanda:  You think Kelly will plant tomatoes?  I'd best add buy seeds to my to do list.  Ahhh, heaven.  Soooo, yummy.  You sure you won't have one?  I made lots, so we never have to go hungry.  We all have to eat like 20 or more of these babies.

Lyle:  And I'm sure you'll keep us well supplied.  Soon as I finish this chapter.........oh, and thanks.

Evening wore on and soon the overly tired Sims headed down to the basement to catch what sleep they could on their Air Cushion beds.  Amanda, as founder, had gotten a more upscale and comfortable bed.  Not the best, but sure beats the Air Cushion.  It's so sad we have to make do with bottom of the line everything.  Ah well, that's the way of these things at first.

W:  Do I need to tell you you have to GET UP?  Crivens girl.  You only have gardners, or should I say ONE gardner? 

Amanda:  On it!  Fisherman coming up!

Not to want to start anything, but Amanda has been having extremely good luck.  She has faith that God will provide and so far He does.  After a short, rapid visit to Oasis Springs, there he was.  The only fisherman in sight.  It didn't even take eyelashes or studying clouds, he was in!

Amanda:  Soooo, you already know about Immortal Dynasty, right?  And Watchers?  Having to work till the end of your days?

Dylan:  Yes, mam I do.  Look, I have the Gloomy trait.  Not everyone can deal with that.  I get lonely, you know?  So a house full of folks who accept me as I am just catching fish for my living, sounds good to me.  You are a good cook, right?

Amanda:  Yes, if you like Grilled Cheese.

Dylan:  I am so there!  Did you know if you take a grilled cheese sandwich and dip it in tomato soup it is heavenly!?  So, let's hit the road lady friend and show me where I'm about to live.

W:  So far so good.  About 90 gajillion more things to go.  See ya later, "Mandy".

Amanda:  The name's "Amanda", so cutting it out.  Are you always like this?  Never mind.  Don't answer that.  I'm outtie.....

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Moving Right Along
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »
Chapter 3. Moving Right Along

So far life had been really good to Amanda.  Sure, she only had a lot with a wannabe house on it, and she lived with two guys who seemed decent and hardworking enough, but somehow she knew there was so much more to life and so very many things she had to do.  With this determination a plan came to her.  Just like a good chess move!

Plan?  Simple.  She had to have at least 6 friends and they had to be LIVING friends.  Why not start early and make friends with the gang of kids.  She hoped she could progress along fast enough they would still be good friends when she reached E. Day, (Elder day).

Still, with her cheerful nature going for her, she chose to take a stroll and maybe do some fishing.  After all, one of the main ingredients in that oh-so-secret recipe  was angel fish, and she hoped this was the perfect place to snag some.  Off in the distance she could see her new fisherman hard at work.  Looks like he is definitely going to be a winner.

Might as well join him!  Two has gotta be better than just one.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, (giggles), looks like the gardening is coming along as well.
Kelly seems to think it's pretty cold out while she's enjoying the breezes off the bay.

W:  You know you need to get a few more things going for you, right?  Maybe you should check out some fun stuff?  I hear there's a hermit growing a lot of goodies not to mention the much better fishing.

Amanda:  Not a bad idea W.  The guys might like a change of scenery and a challenge.  Maybe pick up some new things to plant as well as fish.  And make another friend.  Whisk us away, W, we're ready to roll!

The Watcher, W. for short, called up the correct conveyances and off they went.  A few things were bought at the kiosk in the woods but not much going on here in the early spring.  Plus, the guys were NOT amused with tenting and the bathroom facilities were less than charming.  Moving right along, they went to Deep Woods and after searching for and finding the path, were soon at the Hermits house.  First off, potty, second, meet the hermit!

Amanda:  Hi there!  Name's Amanda Newcombe and we're hoping you're up for some company.  We'd love to just take over your house for a bit and....

Hermit:  Yeah, yeah.  Just don't get in the way, park your tents and be welcome.  Say, you guys good cooks?  I'm tired of my own cooking.

Amanda:  Sure!  We'll whip up some great grilled cheese.  Even Kelly is a decent cook.

After some time reading and studying.......with me cooking of course......

and some time in companionable fishing.........

It was time to say farewell and head back home.......and so I bid you farewell till next time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
House Beginnings
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »
Chapter 4.  The House

After a lot of hard work and patience, several of the "family" Sims, founder and helpers, had achieved "Connections".  Kelly joined the Gardening Career as a flower arranger, Lyle had already joined the Scientist career before he got connected which he regrets, Dylan is still a happily unemployed fisherman who is also working on his woodworking skills and Amanda, she just got her first promotion in the Culinary Career!  Yay! Amanda!  Now all she needs is a spouse, an heir and......too much more.
     The house improved bits at a time thanks to Connections but there is still a lot more to go.  Several empty rooms and mind changing of the Watcher.  Still, here is how it looks.  If you notice a change in the kitchen/dining area just chalk it up to the Watcher not making up her mind!  Hope you enjoy the tour.

Needs landscaping and a lot more tlc but this will be the only basic shape.  (I hope)

Second floor.  When you go up the room you enter is for artistic endeavors and is an "Inspired" room.  There is also a small bathroom.

Ground level.  This is pretty much the main house now, BUT the kitchen has been moved.  Doing it in the sort of octagonal room just was too much of a pain and led to pathing problems, (slow Sims).  It is now to the left in the center area.  The right hand octagon is a sitting room/lounge with the tv and sofa etc.  There is also a nice book case and some comfy chairs obtained via Connections.  The smaller blue room is a full bathroom and the other is a locked way down to the basement 1.

A very raw basement.  All the bedrooms are en-suite, no waiting for bathroom!  As you can see there are a lot of computers set up with the best available via connections.  This is also where Dylan has hung his mounted fish which won't count, and where Lyle can practice his work stuff or do woodworking.  There's definitely a great deal more that needs doing before I finally put in the museum space, gym, and whatever I decide on.  So far it is pretty much a "Focus" area.

That's it for now!  Time to get back to skilling!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 5. Moving On
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 03:14:06 PM »
Chapter 5. Moving On

What with all the effort put in, fishing, gardening, cooking and house building, it seemed like it just had to be a good time to take a break.  You know, get out of the house and socialize a bit and, oh yeah, see if there is an interesting guy to meet up.  Couldn't hurt to hit gym, right?

Kelly was definitely looking good.  Sometimes it seems like all you saw of the guy was dirt and weeds but he was actually getting pretty strong.  Definitely not bad looking.  I kept checking him out as we worked out together.  I keep getting the feeling he would not be at all adverse to a new home situation, a romantic home situation.

Kelly:  So this is a good break, right?  I mean, (huff, puff), what's to hate about a little work out?  I must say, you make it seem so easy.

Amanda:  Well there is more to me than just grilled cheese ya know.  Talking about which, if we don't work out pretty often we'll be carrying those sandwiches everywhere on the bod.  Gotta work them off.

Kelly:  Yeah.  Sorry I haven't grown any tomatoes.  We must have forgotten to get some when we were at the kiosk.  No tomato soup to go with.

Amanda:  Yeah.  (sigh)  Oh well, it's gonna happen sooner or later.  Hopefully sooner.  I admit I'm getting a bit tired of grilled cheese.  It's like all we're able to talk about to everyone!

Kelly:  I know, right?  Say, have you checked out those guys behind you?  Looks like there are some handsome dudes here, not to mention the hot babes.

Amanda:  Eh, so so.  That guy Brandt?  He's off limits.  No girls for him.  Paolo is cute for sure but he has issues.  I'm looking for Mr. Right, not Mr. Right Now if you catch my drift.

Meanwhile, Lyle is looking for love in all the wrong places.

Lyle:  So, can I get an introduction or something?

Rising Star:  Sorry.  Busy, as you can see.  Just go and be a fan, ok?

Of course, life couldn't all be fun and games.  After a few words of encouragement from the Watcher, (yeah, right, that's what SHE said they were) Amanda thought it was time for a family meeting to discuss where they were going and to refocus on the goals.

Amanda:  Look guys, I gotta tell ya W. has been on my case like hard.  And she's right.  We've lost focus. 

Kelly:  Sorry, Mandy.  I've done my best in the garden but it takes time you know.  And what with no tomato plants and a few others, I'm a bit behind.

Amanda:  Kelly, I understand.  Dude you are out there morning, noon and night, like Dylan, always fishing. 

Lyle:  I do my part too, you know.  True, I really enjoy going off to work but have you noticed how stressed I am when I come home?  These is hardly any days when the W. is able to be there with me.  At least I have a ray gun now, which we haven't even used.

Amanda:  Nothing to use it on Lyle.  I don't want to zap your crystals and minerals, you need all you get for the job, and as for trophies, few and far between.  Plus, Dylan would be very annoyed if we did in the frogs which he says he'll need for special fish.

Kelly: All right, so focus on getting this dynasty going right.  Amanda you need to get connected and get a job so skills and whims for  you.  I need to work a bit more on both and get connected as well.  Lyle, you got a decent job and didn't even wait for connections but you know we could always use the cash. 

Amanda:  Right.  Ok, dinner time for Lyle, more grilled cheese of course, and I'm off to work on mixology.  Will you guys catch up Dylan if I miss him?

(Together):  Yes'm.

Amanda:  So, just a gentle pour......not too much or too fast....

Amanda:  Watcher, you catching this?  Your girl has got what it takes!  One  Zebra Fizz comin' up.... and now, a little music to soothe your over worked, underpaid, Watcher soul.

W:  I get paid?

Meanwhile, back in the garden....

Kelly:  That's it.  Finally got enough points and just tap in this last career opportunity, "Gardening", yep, that's the one.   Done!  Hope Amanda gets the job she wants now.

Lyle: *sotto vocce so Amanda doesn't hear*   She's right.  We've worked hard but lost our focus.  I think I've got a plan.  Wait till she's gone, get the guys together and strategize.  Yep......

With plans rolling around in his head, and my cat literally screaming for her food, (as usual), it's time for me to bid you adieu.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
It looks like things are coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing who Amanda ends up with. I like the garden. I know you had trouble getting back into gardening after Seasons, so it's nice to see that you've found a way to enjoy that aspect of the game again.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 02:27:06 PM »
Gorgeous house, and your founder is really pretty. She's got gardening, cooking and fishing going -- looking forward to finding out who the spouse will be.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »
Thank you ladies!  (Hmmm, assumption there.  Could be guys I guess.  lol)  Anyway, many thanks

@reggikko:  I did hate gardening after Seasons then found out all I had to do was move everything inside.  Of course, the native and landscaped flora still looks awful and I struggle with that.  Hate creepy, dead looking plants.

@MarianT:.  Thank you.  It's the eyelashes.  Lol.  I used kikko's cc. eyelashes which are pretty spectacular but even without them I got lucky.  She started out fairly pretty and it took little work to make her look just right.  My secret?  I start with making them bald, fix the eyebrows, (they are so horrid usually!), and then go from there.  If they can look really good in pretty much every hair style and/or color I consider it a success for a pretty sim.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 06:33:39 PM »
I love the house and I like Kelly. It must be the beard.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 07:27:44 PM »
Lol.  It's definitely the beard.  But he is so much older than Amanda.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 09:47:32 PM »
Loving the house!  It has a wonderfully Victorian feel but also a modern twist with the offset towers.  Kudos!
I'm team Kelly as well, if we're in voting mode.  I had started reading this this morning and was guessing they'd end up together by the time I finished it up tonight, but alas, it is just not (yet) to be. 
Looking forward to more  :=)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 11:17:56 PM »
I'm team Samwell ... oh wait, this isn't Game of Thrones ...

Well then, I guess I'm team Lyle

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 02:22:52 AM »
Sorry guys, had the Slacker reward today.  Actually, it was "la grippe" but feeling much better now.  Appreciate  all your comments.

@PeregrineTook :  Thank you for the kind words about the house.  I've been feeling particularly uncreative where that is concerned and keep changing rooms around and such.  I haven't been able to figure out how to really join an octagon to the main build and have it look really octagonal.  It's actually a take on a house my great-aunt and uncle owned which was sort of Victorian and sort of country kitchen and sort of modern, a mish mash but lots of fun for a little kid to explore.

@Deklitch:  I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't, and has never, watched Game of Thrones. Read the first book, got totally confused and annoyed and gave up after book 1.  Watched a few, overly blood thirsty moments of the show and that was more than enough for me.  Everyone else in the house were avid watchers.  Not a fan of violent shows, I'm the old fashioned type who loves musicals, lol.  Give me Mama Mia any day!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 6. Romance? Oh no!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 02:59:33 AM »
Although I've been given good "how to" advice, I am struggling mightily with putting chapters in the first post.  So this double post is try one more time with a story line I haven't already messed up.  (I changed the subject headings and I think that did it. Can't get it to work.)
**************************************************************************************
Chapter 6.  Romance?  Oh no!

It had been a pretty day and night at the restaurant and Amanda was still tired from the first day at work.  She had to admit the boys had really come through and with her becoming Connected it left plenty of cash and things to work on the house.  So it was quite a surprise when early in the day the door bell rang and there was Don Lothario.  Whoa!  She hadn't realized meeting him at the gym and a few cloud gazes could make sure a difference.  I mean, he really is non-committal, right?

Amanda:  Don!  What are you doing here?   I mean, this is kind of a surprise.  Nice one though.

Don:  Hi there sweet cheeks.  Well, I was in the neighborhood and I figured I'd just stop by and, (*hopefully get what I always come for*), say hello.  Heard you got a great job.  Congratulations and all that.

Amanda:  Thanks.  It's quite a bit of work but I really enjoy learning more and cooking for everyone.  I'm a pretty good cook.

Don:  (*And what can we cook up together?*)  So I heard.

Amanda:  You flirting with me?  Not planning on any of those well known Lothario moves are you?  Because I am definitely not that kind of girl.

Don:  Amanda!  You malign me unjustly!  I just thought, if you have nothing to do....

Amanda:  (Right, and I just saw a flying pig.)  So, what's up?

Don:  Well, despite your obviously poor opinion of my motives, I thought I'd take you out on a date, just a little tourist thing at that romantic garden they put up.  We might even make a wish on the well.  Nothin' serious, no hanky panky or anything.  Just, with you being new in town, relatively speaking, I thought you might like it.  But hey, if you don't want to........

Amanda:  Sorry, Don.  There have been a few rumors you know and....well I apologize if I misjudged you.  Sure, I'd love to go with you.  (There may be more to this guy besides those sparkling eyes.  Hmmmm.)

W:  Amanda!  Watch it!  He's notorious.  Fickle, love 'em and leave' em type.  You need a baby daddy but this guy.....well, fair warning.

Amanda:  (W, always the worry wart.  Don't get your knickers in a knot.  I'll play it cool. )  So, give about 5 minutes to get dressed, ok?  I'll be done in a flash..

I'll spare you the gory details.  It seemed to be going well.  A lot of romance on both their parts but poor Amanda had forgotten one thing in the heat of the moment...........

As she ran off to work leaving a poor, puzzled Don sitting alone, her head was in the clouds and her heart.....well....we'll leave it to your imagination.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 07:14:22 AM »
No, Amanda!!  Don is evil!!  Run back into the arms of Kelly the kind and caring!
I love Amanda's different hair styles.  I have a strange tendency to pick a single hairstyle for a Sim and leave it that way for every outfit.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 7. Love Lost?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 10:24:04 AM »
@PeregrineTook :  But he does make such lovely nooboos.   And really, he is a pretty good husband, once you get the ladies out of his life.  I don't always use different hair styles but she was such a pretty Sim, but sheer happenstance, that I got carried away.

**************************************************************************************

Chapter 7. Love Lost?

Amanda was a bit devastated.  Here she had the towns best romantic hero at her finger tips, and what did she do?  Ran off to work!!  Priorities definitely need sorting out.  It was just too much for one gal to take in. 

W:  Come on girl, no need to hit the sauce.  Get a grip!  It's early days yet, still plenty of great guys roaming around.  There's Johnny Zest, I saw how he's been drooling over you, and then there's Paolo and a ton of other guys.  You and your eyelashes can get whomever you want.

Amanda:  Thanks W.  I just feel like such a derp.  Kind of like the waitresses that always drop the food, ya know?  Here I had the best dish on my plate and....boom!, dropped it.

W:  Look, you might have made a wise choice.  After all, you'd only been at work one day.  One day, for crying out loud!  Of course you had to show up and on time too.  Promotions are where it's at if you're going to max out that career.

Amanda:  Yeah, you're right as usual.  Well, a chef's day is never done.  Better make tomorrow's menu.

And with that she cooked and cooked until, finally having talked herself around, off she went to bed.

Amanda:  Ok, self.  You got it worked out and it seems like there is just too much work.  It's all we do here.  Like this nasty toilet, it needs a good scrubbing out.  No one it needed repairs!  Ah well, one more skill for me to master.

Amanda:  Kelly!  Lyle!  Dylan!  Time for a break, you guys!    Time for some fishy fun!  I heard there is this great spot where you can get all kinds of really cool fish.  You up for it?  It's magic!

(Joint distant shouts and mumblings):  Yes mam!  (Sheesh.  What's she got going for us now?)  (I don't know but she was pretty bummed last night)  (Yeah.  Definitely not in tune with her cheerful nature.)

Calling up an uber, they managed to squeeze everyone in and off they went.  The day was as lovely as you could ever want.  All the spring blossoms were wafting their scent, not to mention their pollen into the air.  The breeze was just cool enough with the sun, finally, shining down on them.  Our intrepid adventurers were soon at their destination.......

Dylan:  Dudes!  Check out the river!  Man I have never seen the fish biting so well.  I'm going to catch me some big ones!

Kelly:  Did you ever notice how Dylan is all about the fish?

Lyle:  Shhhh, let's just go for it.  What have we got to lose?  Everyone has a day off today let's make the most of it.

Kelly:  Yeah, sure.   Day off.  Right.  And why are we fishing?  Hellooo!  Angel fish!
Ambrosia!  Did you forget?  (sighs)  All right, at least it's fun.

Meanwhile, Amanda has spotted a very interesting tree......

Amanda: W is this the one?  I mean, it's rather nice but how in the world is it going to take me to this "special place" ?  I'd hate to disappoint.

W: Just give it a shot.  What have you got to lose?  (Always questioning my wisdom!  Honestly, some Sims just don't respect their Watchers!)

The tree seemed a bit thirsty, so with nothing to lose, Amanda gave it some water and conversed about how deep her roots were and how beautiful her leaves.....  she followed the opening down the path to The Glade.  It was as lovely as she had heard, but after calling her guys down to join her, she discovered she had forgotten one itsy bitsy but ever so crucial thing......and off she ran to work again!

Kelly:  Well, you gotta hand it to her!  Definitely sorting out her priorities!

Lyle:  Hey let's not knock it!  This really is a cool place.  You're going to be able to get so many plants here and tons of fish.  Looks like we're the only ones here so let's make the most of it.

Dylan:  Dude's, I'm gonna go check out that lake.  I think it's actually the source of most of the rivers in town.  Must be some whoppers in it.....................
DUDES!  This is bloody awesome!  I caught a tree fish!.......and ........ oh my goodness!  An angler fish!    Uh...........guys?  There is something kind of creepy watching us........

That had rather put a whole new meaning on "magical place" so they headed back to home.  Nothing like fishing.....especially where it's safe.  And with that in mind, we'll leave Dylan and the boys doing what they all do best....

Have a great day now!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 07:19:09 AM »
Poor Amanda.  Time for a date, oops, can't, gotta work.  Time for a day off, oops, can't, gotta work.  She needs to bat those eyelashes at her boss and get promotions more quickly  ;=)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
@PeregrineTook :  Unfortunately, eyelashes only work on romance and getting folks to move in. Sigh.  Bosses are totally immune.  Spent hours typing up an update only to blow it largely and sent it off to lala land.  Do over time.....but after I soothe my mental wounds by playing the "Other File", same folks, same topic, a bit different results.  (Just in case I totally ruin this one!)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »
Amanda is such a sweetheart!  I hope she finds true love soon. 

Of all the helpers, my favorite is the fisherman.  He's so focused and dedicated to his task.  Gotta love that!   

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 03:44:07 AM »
@BallerinaHippo:  So glad you are reading.  I must say your stories have inspired me so much and gives me encouragement in the dark days of will-I-ever-finish-this-aspiration.  Right now Amanda 1 is resting in her cozy little file folder while Amanda 2, (not a clone), is catching up so I have two good files saved in case of emergency.  Amanda 1 has married, Amanda 2 is much further along on career and doing whims for points.  I started doing this for two reasons.  The first is I'm not fond of who Amanda 1 married as he was being flirty on their wedding day which annoyed me.  The second is the logical, have a good second file in the wings just in case things get gnarly.  I've lost too many dynasty attempts by not having earlier, back up files.  Amanda 2 has the same "boys" in house but their personalities are coming out much more and are surprising me by doing what they want and not necessarily what I planned.  No spouse in sight yet but that's ok.  So the next update may very well be Amanda 2 instead of Amanda 1!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 01:50:21 PM »
An interesting approach! I know I had a bunch of different starts until I hit one I liked. I'm enjoying seeing some of your choices. I hope whichever Amanda we as an audience end up with will have some interesting adventures.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »
Thank you Deme!  I'm asking for an ok to write up both stories as they are getting fairly interesting and diverse. 

I'm having problems figuring out how to post chapters for this story, although the explanations were crystal clear.  I think I messed things up by not posting a note specifically for chapters and stats but will in "Alternatively.....", my other, same, founder.  Meanwhile I'll try to catch up on THIS Amanda.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »
Hi Joria,

Your linked chapter titles in the first post are working properly. (I've just tried clicking on them and they take me to the correct chapter) Whatever you are doing ... you're doing it properly and successfully from what I can tell ... so keep on going :)

I'm sure there'll be no problems with having multiple stories of the Immortal Dynasty going and being posted at the same time ... I mean ... I've done it (and am currently doing it) ... just keep better records than me so you don't reach for Amanda 1 and open up Amanda 2 by mistake; or forget that one has reached immortality, but not this one and send this one to eat ambrosia; or think 'I don't need to write down that thing my founder just completed ... I'll remember it'. And yes, I've done the equivalent of all of those things.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 8. The Meeting
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 08:44:18 PM »
Chapter 8.  The Meeting

Leland (who used to be known as Lyle):   Ok, look guys.   We have got to shape up.  This dynasty is headed for a big downfall and a lot of it is because of us slackers.  Some of you have gotten connected, way to go to help with cash flow, *I was too late, sigh*, and that was good.  BUT, what have you done for Amanda lately?  And I don't mean you mooning over her with calf eyes either Kelly.  You KNOW you are too old for her.

Kelly:  Hey!  I can dream, can't I?  She is drop dead gorgeous, a fabulous cook, has provided everything for us, with the help of W. of course, (no need to get HER knickers in a knot!), is sweet, and talented and did I say gorgeous?  I'm doing my best with the garden, which is still lacking in tomatoes I must say, and I'm working on making floral arrangements.  (sigh)  Maybe one day......I'll make one for her wedding.

Dylan:  Yeah, well that's all very well and good but.....

Kelly:  You're right!  Let's get a move on and get cracking.  We all have whims to finish and maybe, just maybe, we can all work together and get things done!  Dylan, you've got fishing to max and while you're at it you need to max out handiness.  There are a lot of things that can go wrong without them being upgraded, not to mention .........

Dylan:  Yeah, yeah.  I'll get right on it.  I've heard there's a great place with really weird fish I want to check out but I need to be much stronger to break in.  You know, that old mine by Landgraabs?  And Leland, you have been the one mixing up drinks for us, why not max out mixology and make up a bunch of Prose and Pop for Amanda?

Leland:  Great idea Dylan.  I must say I've been a bit stand offish, judging you pretty harshly because of all that time spent fishing, but you're right on all counts.  Let me at the bar!

The morning meeting seemed to have done the trick.  Everyone got busy on what needed doing.  Kelly off to the garden, Leland getting a quick change of clothing while Dylan........

Dylan kept busy buying upgrade parts, and yes, took a few minutes to socialize, when he heard a rather ominous, roaring, sound.  Oh no!

Dylan:  Blast it!  I KNEW I should have worked on that stove sooner!  Grrrrr.  *thinks about forbidden words*

Dylan:  Phew!  No harm done, *and forgive me Watcher for even thinking of those words!*.  Stove is as good as new, maybe even better.  I'll upgrade it to perfection once I have enough parts.

Dylan: So Leland, one of those for me?  Gotta quality check you know to make sure they're good,  as soon as I clean up this mess.

Leland:  No way Jose!  These are like super flirty drinks.  I figure Amanda would want some for her wedding and meanwhile I'll try my hand at them.  Don't drink them if you don't want to go all flirty.

Leland:  (humming to self about doing things his way).  "And, we make perfect drinks...my way......"

Leland:  What?  Ouch!  No!  Get off!  Not for bees!  No flirty bees allowed!  Kelly, control your bees.....!

Kelly:  (from garden, muffled laughter)......Bee-lieve in your self!

Leland:  Not funny. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »
@Deklitch:  Kudos to our favorite heroine, Mrs. Flynn.  I kept getting it all wrong and she went it, saw what I was doing, and figured it out, AND fixed my chapters.  The next one will be up to me thanks to her.  I just didn't explain my confusion well enough before but it's solved now. (I hope!)

I keep a notebook handy with my stories notes in it.  I forget everything if I don't write a note to remind me, and of course, days later when it's too late, I remember. The joys of old age I guess.  But, I'm grateful for what I've got!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 09:02:57 PM »
Darn work always ruining the fun. Haha!
Hopefully she can find the right one next episode that work doesn't interrupt, I'm still rooting for Kelly :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 9. Success!
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 03:14:13 PM »
Chapter 9 Sucess!

Sometimes sticking with a great plan has its ups and downs, which is exactly what the three amigos discovered.  They all had been working so very hard.  Leland was hard at work becoming a mixologist, and was beginning to think his career choice was not the best.........

Kelly had seemingly fallen in love with flowers as he did his darndest to make arrangement after arrangement while enjoying the time with his garden.......

Even Dylan had begun to enjoy crafting garden pot after garden pot.......

Kelly, worn out from sneezing, (he was allergic to the flowers which he insisted on smelling!), decided an afternoon nap was just what he needed........

And later that evening as night drew on, tired from their work but determined to make the best of their time..........

Leland:  So what d'ya think?  She gonna make it home on time or what?

Kelly:  She's got the night off, remember?  Said something about another date...

Dylan:  Right,  'nother date.  WHAT?!!...............

Amanda:  Oh, Don....it was so sweet of you to ask me out again....

Don:  Ummm, I believe you asked me out, but I was more than happy to oblige.  You really are the nicest girl you know.  I really like being around you.

Amanda:  Don, you know I'm a watched Sim, and.....well, because of everything that happened before,  I really can't waste any time. 

Don:  Whoa! 

Amanda:  Relax, I'm stronger than I look and far more determined.  I'd never drop you, Don.  I've really fallen for you in a big way, and the watcher had nothing to do with it.  It's all you.  Your beautiful eyes, your handsome, muscular bod, your loving romantic soul.   Don, please say yes.  Marry me?

Don:  You've literally swept me off my feet......yes my love....I've been well and truly caught.  I'll marry you.

And with that, dear friends, history may have been made once again.  Heartbroken Kelly, cynical Leland, overworked Dylan and you all will just have to wait to see what's next.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2019, 03:52:02 PM »
Well, I didn't see that coming. Not in the least bit. But Don does make for some pretty babies.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 10. No Bells, Just Wedding
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 05:20:22 PM »
Chapter 10  No Bells, Just Wedding

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood, sunny and bright.  Warmth and romance was definitely in the air.  No rain, at last.  Amanda had a beautiful dress all ready and waiting, courtesy of that emporium of CC, Mod the Sims, a lovely head piece, and a man waiting.  What more could she want?  There was no time to waste on trying to get him to a wedding, so she decided to bring the wedding to him!

Amanda:  So my love, what do you think?

Don:  Are you kidding me?  Ummmm, you're gorgeous of course.  I thought I wasn't supposed to see the dress till the wedding.

Amanda:  Yes, and.....?

Don: Um,......we are getting married, right?  Big wedding, flowers, bridesmaids, me in a tux........

Amanda:  Almost.  The getting married part is right.  Look, honey, I know in your big, romantic heart you want the whole shebang.  Me?  I just want the groom.  So I thought I'd bring the wedding to you and we could elope.

Don:  Elope?  Now?  Uhhhhhh, here?  In front of the entire neighborhood?

Amanda: Well, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, so why not?  I mean, if you don't want......

Don:  Amanda.....the only thing I want right here, and right now, is you.

Amanda:  Then....I didn't do the wrong thing?

Don:  For now and always, Mandy....

W:  Amanda, Don.  A-man-da.

Don:  I love you, princess.  My lovely, lovely, bride. 

Amanda:  Oh, Don.  You've made me so happy.

W:  Sheesh, will ya get on with it?  (I'm NOT going to cry....)

Amanda:  Will you Don, be my Simfully wedded husband, for now and always, forever in my heart?

Don:  I will.  And will you Amanda, the love of my life, be my sweetheart, my wife, my best friend for now and always in my heart?

Amanda:  I Amanda Newcombe, take thee Don Lothario, to be my dynasty spouse, now and for always, and I give to you my love, fidelity, trust, and friendship, for as long as I live.

Don:  With this ring, an unending circle of my love, I choose you as my wife, and I give you my love, fidelity, trust, friendship for as long as I live.

Dina:  NINA!!!  KATRINA!!!  You gotta come stop this now!  He's marrying her!  O' my plumb bob!

(Girls, muted by distance):  What?  Oh no!  Be right there Sis.

Dina:  He's putting a ring on it!!!

Amanda:  Oh, Don, it's so beautiful.

Dina:  Will you please hurry?!!

Nina and Katrina:  Coming!  Oh, for heaven's sake, I think it's too late! 

Don:  Don't look now but I think we have company.

Amanda:  Umhum.  Just please kiss me and make it official.

Amanda:  I love you, Don. 

Don:  Confetti.  It's official.  I love you, Mandy.

W:  A-man-(sniffle)-da!

Don:  Love of my life, here is where I leave you to deal with these three hellca......uh, ladies.

Amanda:  You go, big guy.  I got this.

W: And off he went in a cloud of dust, leaving my girl to deal with three sad, enraged ladies on her own.  Check in next time to see how that worked out!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 05:23:52 PM »
@sdhoey:  I hadn't planned on it, but I was getting kind of desperate.  And....he does make some pretty nooboos!  Once caught, he actually is a good spouse.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »
Well ... he's (Don) left 3 ladies behind who are probably just a bit ... upset ... and she's (Amanda) got 3 men at home who are likely to be ... upset ...

Is pollinating out of the family into the wider world of Sims 4 a thing like it is in Sims 3? If so ... 3 men and 3 ladies could woohoo and be a lot less ... upset.

Also, Amanda looks very pretty in that dress ... and Don's wedding attire is also truly Don :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2019, 09:16:36 PM »
@Deklitch :  I'm sure they could go and pollinate the entire world but so far the three guys, (upset), at home have struck out repeatedly, and Kelly has the unflirty trait so he's hopeless.  As for Don, his offspring will strictly be with Amanda and vice versa.  Of course, there are always alien kidnappings.  I'll try to keep them too busy to be "upset".

Poor Don was totally blindsided by the wedding, and since I did not have the sense to invite him to move in BEFORE the wedding, his very handsome suit was not available. 

Amanda, file 2, "Alternately", is coming soon to your local forum!  No trailers available, (or motorhomes, or rv's or.....).

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2019, 11:31:13 PM »
A shame about the suit; and after she had such a lovely dress! They'll probably have a really nice-looking kid! Farewell to the Caliente sisters for Don... It's... Probably for the best.
Stories In Progress:

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
Love me some Donny though. Hes spicy  ;D
He definitely handled the sidewalk wedding well! Can't wait to see the nooboos!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2019, 11:30:07 PM »

W. Ok, Amanda, you took the bull by the horns and brought the mountain to Mohammed, or rather the wedding to Don, now look what you've done!  Broken hearted Dina and she is such a sweet thing!

Amanda:  Right.....sweet, like when she looks at me with death in her eyes?  All right.....all right......making nice with Dina........

Amanda:  Uh, hello.  I'm Amanda Newcomb and .........

Dina:  I am NOT speaking with you, you......you......man thief you!

Amanda: *clears throat*......You must be Dina, right?  Don has said so much about you!

Dina:  He did?  I mean,  hmmmpf, what would you know about anything anyway?  Did he also tell you how much in love with him I am?  Or the romantic times we spent together?

Amanda:  *Poor kid.  She really did love him.  She was just.....so available  No wonder he didn't want her.*

W:  Gently, Amanda.  She's really hurting.

Amanda:  Dina, I'm so sorry this has upset you.  You know, we can't always choose where our heart goes.  He was blind to not see someone as wonderful and sweet as you right there in the same house.  Maybe he felt, I dunno, like you were too sweet and special to be approached by someone like him?  He really does have a tender, protective heart about you, you know.

Dina:  Protection isn't what I was after!  (sigh)  You're right though.  He was always the gentleman with me.

Amanda:  You see?  There is absolutely nothing wrong with you.  Nothing you could have done once he thought of you that way.  He's really worried about you, you know.  He wants the very best for you.  He just feels it isn't him, that you deserve more.

Dina:  Yes, but.....what do I do now?   I mean, he DID marry you, and I must say, that was pretty spectacular you bringing the wedding, gorgeous dress included right to his door step.

Amanda:  Well, if you don't mind advice from "the other woman", I'd say first of all, let's become friends.  Not necessarily besties or anything, but let him know you're ok.

Dina:  Well, you aren't as bad as I thought and....I do kind of like your style......so, ok.  Friends for now.  Then what?  I mean, I DID lose the love of my life.

Amanda:  For starters, don't think of it as a loss but rather as an opportunity for bigger and better things in your life.  Don't let him see you all mopey and grieving over him.  And then, girlfriend, you and I are gonna make you a new Sim so he can think he did a good thing.  Ok?

Dina:  Ok, I guess.  You know, I actually feel better all ready  We can do this, can't we?

Amanda:   He will have no idea, and you, you are going to have such fun!  He'll never know what hit him!

W:  Well now.  How you gonna handle that one?  No using "Manage Worlds" or fiddling with people.

Amanda:  I'm gonna bluff and stall till she finds someone new and forgets!

W:  Right!  Let's see how that works out for you.  Meanwhile, don't you have a honeymoon to go to?

And we can just assume it was everything she dreamed it would be.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2019, 09:58:40 AM »
Amanda:  For starters, don't think of it as a loss but rather as an opportunity for bigger and better things in your life.
I somehow imagined her saying that with a bit of sass? Or maybe she was completely genuine, and in that case, next up is Amanda the life coach! hahaha
Dina will get over it...hopefully.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2019, 01:52:37 PM »
@kattiq:  Nah, she saves her sass for the watcher.  Lol.  Her cheerful personality came out here and I pretty much had to go with nice instead of take her down with extreme prejudice!  Sometimes she's just TOO nice.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 12: It's a New Day
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »
Chapter 12:  It's a New Day

The day dawned bright and clear, much like the joy in Amanda's heart.  She had a great job, good friends, and best of all, she thinks she met the love of her life, short as his might be.  Nothing can go wrong on a day like today.  Even I, your humble Watcher, am full of optimism.

Leland:  Yeah, right.  Optimistic.  That's the way to look at things.  Why not?  She meets this local heart throb, elopes with him and we're supposed to be overjoyed.

W: Leland?  Are you actually hearing me?  I'm blown away!

Leland:  Been hearing you all along.  Just real good at ignoring disembodied voices.  Don't want folks to....you know, think I'm weird.

W:  Leland, my dear,  you ARE weird.

Kelly:  Well I'm not weird.  I just like gardening in my bunny slippers.  Makes them feel right at home in ol' McGregor's garden patch ya know.

W:  Oh dear.  They aren't supposed to.......

Dylan: What?  Hear strange voices telling people what to do?  Not me.  I just like sitting out here on the back porch enjoying my morning nosh.  No voices heard here.

W: *checks audio settings*  (sigh) That's what went wrong.  Oh well, maybe I should keep them in the loop.

Amanda: * Loop?  What loop?  Oh, W. I am so happy.  Just gonna whip up this cake for my love and then bop off to work. *  Ok honey love, I do have to go to work today.  You'll be ok on your own with the boys, right?

Don:  mmmm,  Sorry, mouthful  Ya know, these are the best grilled cheese ever.  Too bad no tomato soup.  Say what?  Work?  Awww, hon.  I thought we'd spend the day........you know.....  Yeah, I'll be fine.  I'm sure they will all come to like me, for your sake if nothing else.

Don:  Yeah.....like me.  Easier said then done.  Ok, how to impress the guys......work.  Skillin' yeah.  That's the ticket.  Wonder what's up here....

Don:  Easels!!  Yeah, I can DO this.  I will so impress them with my artistic endeavors they'll have to like me.

Don:  Too bad I can't paint yet.  Oh well.  Maybe I can do a seascape.  Nice view out there.   (sigh)  Wish Amanda hadn't gone off to work.  She's the one I have to impress. (sighs and picks up brush)

Meanwhile, downstairs, plots are afoot.

Dylan:  I tell you it's gotta work.  We'll get together, like we're all bros, and put temptation in his path and voila!  He'll either be a smuck or a hero.

Kelly:  And all I've got to do is sound sympathetic and propose, I dunno, a bonding experience?

Dylan:  Right!  He's been moping upstairs ever since Amanda went to work so it will be easy.

Dylan:  Be cool.  Here he comes.

Kelly:  Hey Don, I'm feeling kind of bad here.

Don:  Bad? *I'm feeling pretty bad myself*  Why's that?

Kelly:  Well, we didn't exactly make you feel at home.  You know, no friendly "hey how ya doin'" or anything.

Leland:  That goes for all of us bro.  Bad on us.  Amanda wouldn't like it.

Dylan:  Yeah.  Apologies all around, big guy.

Kelly:  So we thought we might just get together and, you know.  Hang out.  Bachelor stuff a bit belated but fun anyway.

Don:  You mean it?  Like.....just go somewhere and hang?

Leland:  Sure.  Why not?

Dylan:  I've been wanting to get out a bit anyway.  Why not do it together?

Leland:  Kelly, out of grilled cheese here!

Don:  I dunno guys.  What if Amanda comes home and wants to be with me?  New bride and all...

Kelly:  She's never home till way late at night.  I'm tellin' you we can do this.  She'll never even know we've skipped out on chores.

Leland:  Look, this is our golden opportunity.  She's so over the moon after the wedding she wouldn't even care.  What have you got to lose?

Dylan: Besides you can chat about grilled cheese and tick off that requirement, not to mention maybe meet some new people.  Get known as someone who is more than just a.......

Kelly: *kicks Dylan under table* I sure there's a lot of places we haven't hit yet, right Leland? 

Don: Ok, I'm in!  Let's do this!

Don:  Boys!  You really know what I'm about!  (huffing)  Pumping iron is where it's at.  I'm really digging this guys night out!

Leland:  *oh, I'm gonna regret this tomorrow*  Right, (huff, puff), pumping iron.......(huff, puff)......be right there for that......(groans)

Dylan:  Yeah, this is great.  Take off those grilled cheese pounds, eh chubby boy?

Leland: And I thought we were friends.......(huff, puff)

Don:  snickers

Liza:  So what's up with Don?

Kelly:  Just a little test, to see if he's worth our fearless leader.

Liza:  So, no girls?

Kelly:  None.  So far he is so absorbed in pumping iron he hasn't even looked twice.  No flirty, no looking, nuthin'.

Liza:  Guess he makes the cut, eh?  I knew he had it in him.  Once that boy is taken he's loyal to the end.  Wish I had that.....

Kelly:  The bad news is I'm so gonna hurt tomorrow!

Well, I guess we've all misjudged Don.  Despite his flirting with Dina and totally avoiding Amanda at her dinner party.  Maybe he's a hero in the making.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2019, 03:43:27 PM »
Yay go Don for being committed!
Also I'm scared for Kelly, it seems as if he's letting himself go..bunny slippers and all (Maybe I'm in love with him.. or it could also just be the hair :P) Glad to see all the boys are making an effort to get along. Just hope Amanda is okay with them putting off some chores.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2019, 04:33:20 PM »
I had SUCH a time posting this one!  I think I modified the pictures like 10 times because they were all messed up.

I really wish Kelly had been younger.  It's not just that he was an adult but he's already heading toward elder and I didn't want that for Amanda.  He's so good looking and is a Maxis Sim!  You don't get that often.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2019, 06:36:35 PM »
That’s definitely happened to me. I’m like extra careful now because it’s so frustrating if it does actually mess up! I wished you could preview the pictures before posting. But glad you got it figured out!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »

This is entirely a "brag" about how Amanda's house is developing.  For those of you who are interested in her story, but not so much about where she is living, just move on to chapter 13.  For those of you who enjoy building, I hope you'll like the tour.  It's very different now.

The living room/ lounge.  A good place to watch the cooking channel.

A little sitting and reading area.  Not quite done. 

Dining area, entry and a glimpse into "party room"

Overhead view of kitchen/dining etc.  Wanted to show what was done with the entry.  Sure took some finagling to get stuff in there just right.  Unseen is a little stool for taking off shoes/boots and umbrella stand.

Kitchen and dining area.  Going for a more modern country kitchen/home look.

The Party Room:  small bar and dance floor for those parties that require doing things together.  Needs stuff.

Second floor has an "Inspired" area for painting.  Will eventually have musical instruments.  Second area undecided.  Master bedroom is ensuite but open to inspired room.  Children's bedroom, (I'm planning on a girl), with a large area undecided but think it will be kid's skills room.

General overview of upstairs.  Putting on the fancy trim work was a bear to do. 

Basement area and home to helpers and live-ins.  Will become museum at some point.  Definitely needs work.  Meanwhile storage area for collectibles and winnings/rewards.

Back "porch".  My favorite area so far.  Eventually will be home to parties and barbecues if the rain ever stops.  Right now, party guests often wander out to this spot to chat.

Last but not least, the enclosed garden to defeat the mess Seasons has made.  It will have to grow larger at some point, financing allowed.  Note potty bushes, flower arranging bench and bathroom.

That's all there is folks!  Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I enjoyed the build.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 13: Oh, Happy Day!
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »
Chapter 13:  Oh, Happy Day!

Amanda:  It's my birthday!  dum, da, de, dum.......  Just cooking away and singing,  dum, da, de dum....

Dylan:  And leaving behind a huge mess for everyone to clean up as you toddle off to work.  (continues to upgrade sink)

Amanda:  Hey!  I've only got a few more things to cook before I get another promotion AND possibly max my cooking skills, so chill out.

Dylan:  Yeah, well, that is a reason to sing about it.  Might take some voice lessons though.

Amanda:  You're just grumpy because I stopped you from eating my birthday cake this morning!  Besides, there will be plenty more later on.  I still have a few hours before "B" day and I promise an entire cake just for you.  Now, let me at it!

Dylan:  Better be a top notch Hamburger cake.  I just hope I get all this upgrading done before you have any kind of party.  Big messes and you've got a clean freak helper with Kelly.

Amanda:  Ok, Grumpy Gus, you just do what you're doing and let me cook.  (Continues to sing, off key)

Leland:  Better let 'er at it dude.  Man on a mission and all that.  Can't argue with that kind of joy.

Dylan:  And meanwhile we've got to get it all ready.  Floor's mopped, dishes done, needs met........

Dylan:  And moves to be perfected!  Yeah!  I'm d man!

And with that we'll leave them till birthday time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2019, 09:46:20 PM »
BEA-U-TIFUL house! Very well done.
Also Happy Birthday Amanda! I'm glad she doesn't let grumpy Dylan spoil her mood :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2019, 11:04:20 PM »
Ooh, I love the house. I’m pretty lazy when it comes to decorating challenge houses. I definitely go for ease of use and minimal stuff inorder to avoid the dreaded lag in later generations.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Nooboo news? 6/15
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2019, 01:51:28 PM »
@kattiq and @reggikko :  Thank you for your comments about the house.  In some ways it was a struggle to make but I'm happy with most of it.  I am really fond of that back porch!  Navy blue is not a color I use often but it came out well and really matched what I was doing with the house.  I tend to be a bit monochromatic so am exploring more colors.  The hardest part was the pass through on those off set octagonal rooms and putting trim on the exterior with that weird shape.  I try to not have too much clutter because of lag, as reggikko mentioned, but I really love the way the more cluttered/complicated houses look.  Just don't work well when you're doing a dynasty, at least not on my old clunker pc.  The second hardest part, besides lack of funds so I could finish the house, was building the second house for Alternately.  I wanted it much the same, but different.  Thanks again for reading and commenting.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »

Dear Watcher in Charge of All,
Things seemed to be moving along nicely.  The house was as prepared as it could be with cakes a plenty, good food in the fridge and everyone knew their jobs and places.  No surprises here!  Leland took a thoughtful shower and prepared to be Mixologist for the night.  He was determined to meet his goal of three drinks at a single event.

Amanda, sampled his drinks and found them more than acceptable.  Her plans for this party were pretty settled and she was confident she would make this a gold star event above all.  Would things be so different once she was an adult?  She really didn't know.  And what about nooboos?  Time to start there?

In the meantime, Don was finding mixing drinks was a bit harder than he first thought, but he was game to be second mixologist if it came to that.  After all, one more skill to work on couldn't be a bad thing.  He just hoped Amanda had the best birthday ever.

Dylan and Don got the party really rolling with a call for a group dance while Kelly and Leland seemed to be slacking off.  Poor Leland had embarrassed himself by not remembering to head to the head BEFORE the party with disasterous results.

The gang really were working the moves!

As the dance rolled on to it's finale, poor Leland was at a loss.  How to hide the puddle he was standing in without anyone seeing it till he could mop it up!  He just wanted to run away and hide from it all, but was saved by Amanda laying on still more food.  Poor Amanda.  Everyone seemed to be having a great time, (except for Leland), but her.  It was her birthday and all she got to do was cook, cook, cook!

Finally the big moment had come.  Kelly brought out his magnificent noise maker and blew a celebratory blast while Amanda seemed to contemplate the future after the candles were blown.  Most of the guests seemed oblivious and busy with their own conversations.

Amanda took a big breath while the guests, who by now were starting to understand their part in the party, got in the spirit of things.  After all, this party wasn't just a cake walk.

With a flurry of sparkles and light, Amanda spun and whirled into the adult we'd hoped she would be.  Congratulations were definitely in order, noise makers used and.......

yes, there was even confetti!  Poor Johnny Z had hoped he would be a member of the team, maybe even a chosen spouse, but alas he was busy doing comedy routines and missed out.  Perhaps another time?

Amanda finally was able to have a bite of her own cooking and from the looks of things it was going to be the best cake ever.  Liza was certainly enjoying her piece, (and several others).

The "Rising Starlet"  was totally conflicted.  Did she eat the cake and abandon herself to the gustatory enjoyment of the moment, or would she be wiser, and hungrier, and maintain her carefully watched diet so her lovely starlet body would not gain an inch or a pound?  What to do what to do?

Johnny and Kelly enjoyed their cake and newfound friendship out on the back porch.  It was quieter here, more peaceful, and they had a lot to discuss besides grilled cheese, always an important topic for our friends.

Amanda took a look around and figured it must have been a great success if any of the dishes scattered throughout the house were any indication.  Oh well, more money from the garbage can!

An exhausted Amanda slept peacefully on while Don enjoyed a bubble bath and wondered if, with all the stress over the party, they had been successful.  Only time would tell if there would be a nooboo on the way.

Last, but not least, oh serendipitous Mast of All, Leland FINALLY got to mop up the source of his embarrassment

He did tell Amanda later that he was considering a long vacation in El Selvadorada, but only after he had a piece of his favorite cake.

Well, that's it.  A longish tale to inform you that yes, a gold medal party was accomplished with our Watchee, Amanda.  Thank you for putting me in charge of her.  I look forward to many more episodes with her and hope I will stay in your good graces.   Yours truly,  W.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! Updated 6/7
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
Grats Amanda on the gold & Happy Birthday again :) It's kinda tricky with a birthday party sometimes- I usually always get hung up on the toast part for some reason. lol
Can't wait to see some nooboos (if they were successful that is. ;)) !

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2019, 04:26:16 AM »
I managed to get her gold without that awful toast by doing pretty much everything else.  It was right down to the last minute.  I kept giving people drinks and checking to see if one would toast while I did other things, including buying two don't wake the llama tables for them to play on.  Phew!
I really hate parties in general, (in rl too), so that's the one thing I really struggle with.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2019, 10:48:24 AM »
Certain party requirements are just awful. Still, congrats! Glad to see another step done!
Stories In Progress:

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 15: More Birthdays
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
Chapter 15:  More Birthdays

Kelly: (singing) It's my birthday, it's my birthday.....hmm,hmmm, hmmm,  No cake.  Yet.  Sometimes it pays to be the first one up.  If I hurry I can do this birthday thing with no fanfare, no noise, and no one to eat my cake but me.

Kelly:  Let's see now.  Which one to make and for whom?  I think, if I hustle, I can get them all done.  Who knew we'd all have birthdays today?
Ahhh!  Got it!.....

Kelly:  Yes sir, nothing like a good, old fashioned Honey Cake for me!

DV:  Sorry about that, I realized too late you didn't want a witness to getting old.  While you were making the second cake I took the opportunity and woke folks up.  Everyone should have friends and family when it's birthday time.  It's part of the penalty of having birthdays, you have to share and grin and bear.  Go ahead, blow those candles out, big boy!

Dylan:  This isn't really that bad, you know.  Right, Amanda?  We promise, we won't laugh.

Kelly:  Yeah, right!  Oh, sheesh!  Getting dizzy!  Why do we always have to spin out the young age and spin in the .........

Dylan:  Congratulations, old man.  You made it! 

DV:  Confetti for you, Kelly!  You did it.

Amanda:  Congrats, Kelly.  Still as good lookin' as ever.

Kelly:  Thanks.  I think. 

Dylan:  Oh, dude!  You are OLD.  (snickers)  Sorry, I said I wouldn't laugh but.....

Kelly:  Just you wait.  Your turn is next.  Let's see how you look once it's done.

Amanda:  You go, dude!

Dylan:  Yeah, I rocked this whole birthday thing.

Kelly:  Meh.  You did good.  Now let me chow down on this cake.

Kelly:  Ok, I'm out.  I just know you have the rest lined up.

Dylan:  Hey, sourpuss.  Don't be so neg.  Girl is working hard for us here.

Amanda:  Actually, I'm trying to make my loves cake before he's done showering.  I want it extra special.  I tried to match cakes with you all but this one has to be perfect.

Don:  Oh, babe!  You remembered.  Thanks, honey. 

Amanda:  Mmmhmmffff

Dylan:  Dude!  TMI!  Get a room, but AFTER you do the candle thing!  Sheesh, new lovers and their always kissing each other. 

Don:  Ok, here I go.  (Takes huge breath) I won't look like you, will I?  (Please God no old and ugly)

Don:  Wow!  Spin city!

Don:  Phew!  I did it!  I still look good!  Yeah!  I'm da man.  Got my looks! Check out my bod, yeah......

Amanda:  Oh, for sure.  You are definitely "da man" and maybe we can find a better place for checking?  (I sure picked a hunkalicious man.  Love him.)

Leland:  What's this?  Birthday cake? For me?

Dylan:  Yeah, dude.  You're like the last one to do this thing.  Sorry we couldn't all be here for you.

Leland:  Well, I'm really touched.  Amanda I'm guessing?

Dylan:  Of course.  Our heroine.  Didn't forget a one of us.  Baked herself silly.

Leland:  Well, you always said I was a blow hard, so guess I'll just.....blow hard!

Leland:  WOW!  This thing really sucks!  Still, I'm not so bad lookin' and still able to hold a job.  I think it's ok.  Besides, no choice.  She did tell us we'd be happy till the end.

Dylan:  Right.  So, guess for now, it's time to end.  G'night DV.

Editors Note  I literally had to go through over one hundred picts to get just enough and not way too much, to paste all the birthdays in one go.  It was more fun and exciting to play than it shows here and I hope we never have to do that again!  Everything was last minute timing as they all had bubbling meters and I didn't want them to be sad with no cake.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2019, 08:56:43 PM »
Congrats to all the guys on their birthdays!  Amanda looks like she's eating for two.  ;)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! New Update 6/14
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2019, 10:16:41 PM »
Aww, Kelly still looks good as an old man! :D And I almost did not recognize Don for a minute in those glasses.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 16 -Vacay!
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
Chapter 16 -Vacay!

DV: Hail, oh Master of the Simiverse!  I know, I know, it's been several Simweeks since I last caught you up and I admit, a lot has happened you should be aware of.  First of all everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, had their birthdays.  Disturbing for some and just what comes naturally for others.  I must say the "boys" did really way great with their aging up, although that rascal Don seemed very much more interested in whether or not he still looked hot.

When I say the "boys" did really well, I mean Leland, in this case.  He, and I guess the others, had just about enough of working and skilling, although it really has gone well for them with several of their aspirations maxed.  Not that they needed it, but, you know, they are very competitive. Anyway, Leland decided for his birthday gift, and actually for them all, they would take a short, three day vacation to that tropical paradise, Selvadoradq!  They were all pretty tired of rain, rain, rain, which never seemed to go away no matter how often they chanted that little rhyme, so sunshine and flowers, not to mention rivers full of fish AND, a newly remodeled resort at the old "Jaguar Cantina" was just up their alley.

Of course, being "gringos", they couldn't just sit back and relax but had to seize the day and just start having fun!  Kelly was definitely hungry for both friendship and even better, new foods.  Grilled cheese were off the menu here!

Well, except for Dylan, who still had one more sandwich to eat so why not try out the kitchen facilities and meanwhile, cook up a batch for Don's aspiration?

Speaking of our handsome hero, Don was off at a decent jogging pace to find the nearest and best fishing hole possible.  He was determined to make that particular aspiration his own.

Amanda, on the other hand wasn't as swift.  Haha.  Yep, it sure looks the cat is out of the bag on this one.  Our finest chef has a muffin in the oven, (oh wait, is that a bun?).  Somehow I think she has a lot of talking to do because I'm pretty sure none of the others have caught on yet.  They were all thinking she just got a little chubby like some chefs do.  All that tasting of food you know.

Meanwhile, Leland, whose idea this had been, was getting acquainted with the locals, and trying his hand at bargaining as well.  I believe he at least met some of his goals on this aspiration.

He even made a few friends in the cantina.  That guy, worked on Grilled Cheese AND Friend of the world all at one time in one place!  He really rocked.  Unfortunately, no maxing, but hey, a lot of headway made.

Don was really getting into this whole fishing thing.  How come no one ever told him how great a sport this was?  He dreamed of the whopper he was bound to catch.

Finally catching up with Don, Amanda joined him fishing.  She was undecided yet as to whether she wanted to max fishing or music for her soon to be heir.  Meanwhile, it was just tranquil and sweet to be fishing next to Don.  I think she was just scared to say anything.  Poor, big lumox really didn't have a clue!  How could you see that belly and not know?  Mystery of the Simiverse that the handsomer they are the dumber they are.

Amanda was starting to catch some pretty nifty things that they would be able to use if they actually did any exploration.  At her current bulk she was just a bit worried the boys would make her stay behind in the Cantina.  But that was a worry for another day.

Speaking of another day, I guess I'll have to finish this up later.  Nature calls!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 17 - Big News
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »
Chapter 17 - Big News

Amanda:  *Ok, girlfriend.  Now is as good a time as ever.  Just spit it out for Plumbob's sake!*  Uh, Don?  Honey?

Don: Yes, my love?  Are you all right?

Amanda: Well, actually, yes.  I'm more than all right.  I've, uh,  I've got some news. 

Don:  News?

Amanda:  Yes,  well....you may have noticed I've put on a little weight.....

Don:  Yeah, just a bit.  But you are just as gorgeous and cuddlesome as ever.  If it is bothering you we can work it off at the gym.

Amanda:  Don would you please just let me finish?  The big news is, we're pregnant!  We're going to have a nooboo!!!!

Don:   Well, of course, one day we...................we................we..............

Don:  (stutters).....we.....uh.......now?  You can't mean now?  I mean, how?.........I mean........right now?......You ...........uh..........

Amanda:  Yes!  I am SO excited!  Isn't this the best news?  We'll have our very first baby and........

Don:  Noooooo!  Not now!   Why now?  How could this happen?  Well, of course I knew how it happened but now?  We had plans.  I.........had plans.   We're barely married.   This is just going to complicate everything!

Amanda:  You're,  you're not happy?  You, you......

Don:  (Think fast, Donnie boy.  I think you just did a big no-no. *gulps*)  Uh.......I mean.......uh....... a  nooboo.......Sure......yeah....a........I just......took me by surprise......just a.......

Amanda:  (He's not happy?  He......)  Soooo, you aren't over the moon about this?  Am I reading you right, here?

Amanda:  Donald Lothario Newcombe!  You are horrible!   You cad!   You, you..........!  I give you the best news of our life and you aren't happy?  You beast!   How did this happen indeed?  I've been getting bigger and bigger and you never caught on?  Never asked me anything about it?  Are you that blind or just stupid?  Well!  Let me tell you Mr. Newcombe!  WE are going to have this baby and it is going to be the most wonderful child in the world and if you think you aren't going to be here to love and cherish and take care of our child well you've got another think coming!  How dare you!?

Don:  No need to get all ticked off.  I mean, I,   well.......you've got to understand....

Amanda:  UNDERSTAND!!??  Are you kidding me right now?   Understand what?  You thought you could just, you know,  do whatever and no consequences?  Like it's all my fault?  Like we didn't discuss this and plan it well before we were married?  I am SO angry right now I could just...........arrrrgghhh!  You are going to deal with this and when you FINALLY get your little brain around the fact this dynasty has gotten it's heir let's hope it's not too late for our so called romance!  There is no getting out.  No love 'em and leave 'em here, Mr. no........no.....

Amanda:  You, sir, are stuck!  That's it in a nutshell.  You can either make the most and best of it or...........

Don:  Or.........be the best and proudest......Daddy......  Me?  A Daddy?  I'm going to be a "Daddy".  I can......take him  fishing,   and we can play ball together......and......a Daddy....

Amanda: ??? 

Amanda:   Uh.....yes, sweetheart....a Daddy.  The best Daddy ever....(oh, he IS happy!  What a goofy guy.  Guess I told him wrong, just springing it on him like that.....awww)

Amanda:  And what if our little bundle of joy is a girl?  Gonna go fishin' with her?  What about pretty dresses and dollies, and.....boys!?  (giggles)

Don:  Boys?  Boys!  I think not!  Our little angel will have her Daddy to watch out for her.  Boys.....hmpf

Don:  Honey,  I'm so sorry.   I guess it was just a shock at first.  I mean, here we were fishing, in a very romantic spot I must say, and then, BOOM!
My poor love, I must have been awful......I AM over the moon.  I love you so much, how could I help not loving our very own first baby?  C'mere.....

DV:Crises, averted.  Fast thinking that boy.  Come on, Don.  Make nice now, you almost blew it....

Don:  A rose for the queen of my heart and the best, and most beautiful mother of our children, how ever many they may be.

Amanda:  Oh, Don.   Thank you!  You really are happy, right?

Don:  Ecstatic.

Don:  I love you Mandy.   I'll always love you.

DV:  And now, dear friends, the fun begins....

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Here I Go Again! Nooboo news? 6/16
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2019, 04:33:34 PM »
This version of Amanda is a feisty one!  The whole conversation had me laughing.  Those faces Don was making... ;D  I bet he'll turn out to be a great dad.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:18 PM »
I couldn't resist all the pics because their faces were so funny.  The only thing I personally did, besides hit pause a lot, was watch their antics and laugh.  She really lit into him with his faces.  Truly a surprise because she has the cheerful trait.  What we don't see is right after the wedding at the dinner party, (which I forgot to get screenies of), he was flirting with pretty much every woman there!  So I guess she was a bit still ticked off at him.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2019, 05:31:50 PM »
What is it with Sim-Men making sad faces when their girlfriends/wives/etc tell them they are pregnant?! It's like they heard the worst news of their lives. Haha!
Congrats Don & Mandy! They will make wonderful parents-but Don better get control of his flirting or ELSE!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2019, 08:21:04 AM »
He's not flirting as much as telling them ... "You all want this, but you can't have it, ladies, only Amanda is sim enough for all this" :D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2019, 01:21:25 PM »
I just love Don. He's always been a great dad in my games. Looking forward to the nooboo!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »
Well, for some reason or another a few of my posts for THIS reality have gotten confused and posted on the Alternatively reality!  I knew there were just too many posts listed there!  Hopefully I removed them and didn't harm this one. (sigh)  I was trying so hard to keep them separate and I'm pretty sure it was not something I did but just don't know.   I have been playing both realities and it's now time to catch up with Alternatively.. (I know, sorry to keep you wondering about the nooboo for Don and Amanda! That will be a fun post for sure.)

@BallerinaHippo :  I really loved the interaction between Amanda and Don during this whole thing.  First of all, even I didn't know she was pregnant!  I never had her do the test so was wondering, not that they weren't making a good effort toward success.  lol

@kattiq:  I know, right?  It's like they didn't expect to wind up fathers.  I guess  they just got away with their antics and no consequences and then, BAM!  Still, it does make for a great photo op!

@Deklitch:  What a great way to look at it, and considering how loving he now is to Amanda, I have to think you're right.

@reggikko:  I was reluctant to use Don because it's like he was same ol', same ol'.  BUT he makes the best looking nooboos, pretty much with whomever he mates with, and even when he's just a pollinator often finds a way to have a relationship with some of his kids. I'm really anxious to see what this one will be like, both in looks and personality.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 18 - Time and "Belly" Moves On
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2019, 09:40:43 PM »
Editor's Note:  My apologies for not posting on my stories!  Sulani wafted her balmy breezes my way and I'm hooked.  Ok, so maybe it doesn't have much "substantive game play", but the beauty and character make up for it, imho.  Looking to make yet another ID using Sulani but that comes later.

Chapter 18 - Time and "Belly" Moves On

Amanda:  Ok, c'mon, admit it.  You were flabbergasted at how angry I got.

Don:  Ok, I admit you took me by surprise.  Never expected you to stand up so strong for something you loved and believed in.  But, we're good now.  Right?

Amanda: *giggles* Right. 

Amanda:  So there I was, about as pregnant as a person could be, and Mr. Clueless never guessed!  Would you believe he just thought I was eating too many grilled cheese sandwiches and put on some weight.  Uhhh, you guys kind of figured it out, right?

Kelly:  Huh?  Oh!  Right!  It was the weird cravings in the middle of the night and all the emotions.  Figured it had to be hormones messing with you because you and Don were so obviously in love.

Don:  Uh huh.  Yeah.  Sure you figured it out.  Uh huh.

Leland:  Fabulous steak dinner, Amanda.  You sure can cook.

Don:  You better believe it, and in her condition too.  (mmmnom nom nom)

Leland:  Oh, you finally caught on did you?

Amanda:  And then he saved his bacon by realizing he almost blew it!  He glomed onto the word, "Daddy", and that really was it. 

Kelly:  Well, you just take it easy now, ok?

Kelly:  NO, and I mean hard core n-o, treasure hunting.  That temple sounds like a bad gig for someone in your condition.

Amanda:  Ok, Kelly, I promise, no temples.

Kelly:  And you better realize you have three "grandfathers" who are going to make sure you and our grandbaby has everything you need.  No dangers, no harms, and built in baby sitters as well.

Amanda:  Oh, Kelly that is so sweet.  Our nooboo is so lucky to have such loving godfathers, and so am I.

Don:  No, really, I am going to take the best care of them ever.  No need to worry Leland.

Leland:  You'd better make sure of that because we wouldn't want to have to, well, you know.  Ok, time to call this party done and let's get some rest.  Got a bit more fun things to do before it's over.

And with that, they headed back to the Jaguar Cantina Resort, newly remodeled by moi, your ever faithful Watcher.

Bright and early the next day the crew was hard at work having fun.  Isn't that sort of an oxymoron?  Hard at work, and fun?  Kelly, as usual was the first up.

Kelly found this part of exploring right up his alley.  Nothing like digging in dirt and coming up with treasures.

Leland was making the rounds of the villagers and greeting the lady they venerated.

Don and Amanda were back at their favorite fishing hole.  All problems solved and peace reigned between them as they caught fish after fish.

Later that night, back at the cantina, Amanda once again took up her cooking chores.  It felt good to be back at it.  Seemed like there was so much to do, so much to prepare for.  Might as well make enough for all.  Hmmm?  Nesting instinct?

As Amanda sat munching on her latest crave, she kept wondering what it was going to be like.  More to the point, WHEN was it going to be?  She was so tired of being pregnant and just wanted it over and done with.  Certainly labor can't be any worse than this interminable heavy thing weighing her done, slowing her down.  She just wanted a baby and she wanted it now!

Don was getting tired  of monsoon weather.  How can you paint masterpieces with all this rain?

Kelly was so out of it he tried doing repairs while standing in a puddle of water! 

And as for Amanda, she decided music soothes the savage soul and eases the discomfort she was constantly feeling now.  Must have been something she ate.

Or was it?!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Update 7/5 Happy 4th of July!
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2019, 03:43:27 PM »
I'd had such high hopes for Amanda to end up with Kelly early on, but Amanda and Don are rather adorable together.
Such a fun and happy little household.  Can't wait to see how the nooboo shakes things up!  Thatis, assuming Kelly's repairs while standing in a puddle don't shake things up in a whole different way!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 19 - And Baby Makes Three
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »
Chapter 19 - And Baby Makes Three

Well, oh glorious and magnificent Watcher of All, have I got news for you!  If your remember, we left the gang in Selvadorada.  Amanda had been feeling kind of strange and had some pretty serious twinges in her tummy which she chalked up to bad food.  Of course, we, you and I, both knew that wasn't what was wrong.  Right?  In the middle of the night, just as they were snuggling down for a good night's sleep, Amanda knew this was it!!  Nooboo on the way and it was coming, NOW.
     Being the caring and cautious father he was, and not to mention his total parental freak out, Don managed to wangle first class emergency tickets home.  At first it was doubtful she would be allowed to travel considering her current state of affairs, but the PTB relented and before you could say, diapers, she arrived at All Health Hospital for pregnant, (and other), Sims.  Don took that moment to allow a full fledged parental freak out.

As Don carried on with his histrionics, (and they accuse us females of being hysterical in times of crises, Huh!), Amanda just watched patiently and indulgently while she met her new obstetrician who assured her it was a piece of cake.  (One has to wonder exactly what cake she was thinking of!)

Enough was enough!  Amanda took matters into her own hands, and guided by a compassionate intern, just walked straight into the future of a first time birth event.

Don, still in freak out mode, ran after her, and almost ran into her.  Undaunted, but still a bit frightened of the whole thing, Amanda ignored him and walked on in.

Attired in her new, fashionable, hospital gown, Amanda signed in at the desk, filling out the interminable paper work while her body screamed for help.  She managed to walk down the long, echoing hallway to the delivery room where she was greeted by an array of truly frightening equipment.

What on earth was all that for?  Laying herself down on the table, she was soon surrounded by massive metallic, tools and gear.  Her doctor, the one she had met outside, quickly began the procedure but.........oh no!  Something was wrong!

Her doctor managed to avoid most of the spurting bodily fluids and continued as if this was just a normal part of the day.  She tapped away at the keyboard controlling the machine and just calmly carried on.  Amanda, seeing what was coming at her, was not at all reassured.  I think, "terrified" comes to mind.

Letting out a whimper, ....ok, a scream.....Amanda was sure this was going to be even more painful than natural childbirth at home.  Even if she was to survive it, that is.

The horrors just kept coming on.  Almost as bad as being abducted by......well......you know who.....

Seemingly resigned to her fate, and seeing no way of escape, Amanda turned away and prayed that at least her noo boo would be spared.

By this time she was a bit emotionally numb as she watched the latest gadget heading her way.  She had survived so far so this couldn't be any worse, right?

WRONG!  She knew she would give her heart to her nooboo, but this was taking things a bit too literally!

Amanda resignedly bid the world good-bye, thinking she would never hold her nooboo in her arms  She offered up her heart and all her love to the unborn child and prepared to meet Grim.

The panic stricken look on her doctor's face, as she worked fast and furious to save the lives in her charge, was something to behold.

The now unconscious Amanda, was unaware as the extraction process began.

Waking up, a now smiling Amanda gazed with joy at the little bundle safely snuggled down in the bassinett next to her.  A new life has been born!

What?  Hmmm......emergency you say.....ok.......Uh...Master of All Watchers, sorry but gotta go now.  No time left......We'll continue this soon, I promise.   What?  Name?  Sex?  Gotta run!

Editor's Note:  Apologies for the lengthy amount of screen shots.  I had never watched a nooboo being born before and found the facial expressions too cute to not share.....and you should see the ones I deleted, like when both Don and Amanda took a side trip to the hospital cafeteria to have a nosh!  Also, apologies for the cliff hangar.  I promise, there won't be as many screenies.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! Update - And Baby Makes Three (7/23/19)
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »
Lol! I've never watched the Hospital birth that closely but now I will. Hilarious facial expressions for sure.
Can't wait to see the nooboo :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
Yeah, the hospital births with the mishaps and facial expressions are pretty great!!!  Can't fault you one bit for enjoying the show  ;=)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »
Thanks, @kattiq and @PeregrineTook !  Seems like I have forgotten you guys and this story but I haven't.  The truth is, I don't really have a "story", this time around, unlike you two and others.  I'm basically, and at length, just going with the flow and relearning how to play this game.  Oh sure, there is a general, two worlds, same people, what did they do differently, kind of thing, but no earth shattering, funny, or profound tale.  I am enamored of the things the characters do, and how they totally ignore what I personally want from them and somehow manage to live their own lives.  So frustrating at times!  You tell them to go somewhere and they go somewhere else, etc., and meanwhile you are taking screenies and weaving a bit of a story around what they are doing.  So what I've been doing, is playing the game, taking screenshots, and pulling it all together into chapters of their lives which takes a lot of time.  The good news is, while you've been waiting to see the adorable nooboo, I've been chronicling the next part of the story, and hoping to find my "voice" in telling the tale.  So thanks for reading and your kind words and most of all, your patience.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 20 - Welcome Donanda!
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
Chapter 20 - Welcome Donanda!

She did it!  Really, oh Glorious and Magnificent Watcher of All, I was having my doubts there.  I mean, when that doctor pulled out the heart!  And all the fluids spurting everywhere.  Too gross for words.  But I digress.  His freak out successfully behind him, Don entered the birthing room and finally was able to let his anxieties go. 

Don:  You're ok?  Everything went well?

Amanda:  I'm fine, Don.  Piece of cake.  Would you like to meet your new daughter?

Don:  Daughter?  I have a daughter? 

Amanda:  Yes.  Our first little nooboo. 

Don: (stunned) I have a daughter.  A little girl.  Someone to protect.  A daughter....
What did you name her?

Amanda:  I named her Donanda Lee as we had planned.  Isn't she beautiful?

Don:  A daughter......

Amanda:  Shushushu.  It's alright little one.  Mommy has you.  That silly man with the goofy look is your daddy.   Yes, it's alright sweetheart.

Don:  A daughter.......

Amanda:  It's ok, Princess.  Just the big, wide world out there.  No need to be afraid.  It's just lights.  I know they must have looked and sounded very differently a few moments ago.  Mommy loves you so much.

Don:  A daughter.......(to himself, "How do I do this?  How do I take care of a daughter?  So much to do.  Protect.  Provide.  Love.  My little girl.....")

Donanda:  Lemme outta here!

Amanda:  Oh you are so cute.  My iddle wee noobookins.

Stunned looks and silly baby talk not withstanding, the trio finally called up a ride and made their way home.  Baby D was placed safely in her little bassinett and Don, finally over the shock of it all, finally got a chance to get a good look at his daughter.

Well, there was certainly no doubt who the father was!  It's a good thing Don is on the handsome side.  Baby D was definitely the spit and image of him.

True to his word, not to mention his heart, Kelly was the first of the "grandfathers" to take care of Baby D.  Even changing a messy diaper didn't phase him in the slightest.

It just felt so natural to hold this little bit of Simanity.  She certainly had a good appetite.  He could imagine her feasting on all the produce he grew, just for her.

Meanwhile, Amanda finally had a chance to relax and grab a bite to eat.  She was completely secure in the knowledge her baby was being well cared for.  A good thing too!

Don took this opportunity to brag about the baby, what a trooper Amanda had been, and of course, how awesome he was during the delivery, completely avoiding the freak out.  No one needed to know that part.  Right?

Kelly joined Don and Leyland while Don was doing his best telling Leyland how awesome children were.  Both men were disturbed over Leyland's obvious hatred of children and were worried about how it was all going to play out.  After all, Donanda was here to stay.

And so, oh Great and Magnificent one, we can leave them to midnight feedings, lack of sleep and a growing baby.  You've got to admit, they done good!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! Update -Welcome Donanda 7/31
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Aww, Don isn't evil. He is too simple for that. I doubt he is aware of right and wrong, even ;D

Let's hope Donanda goes free of the Don-dimples and -chin. Oh, wait...it looks like you already gave him smoother cheeks at least. It's funny to see him as a mature adult for once.

Nooboos always look horrified after having entered the world. I recall taking shots of it myself way back. Good fun.

Good luck, Joria!
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
Thanks, Nindigo.  No, Don is definitely not evil, but Leyland comes close.  He's always thinking and pulling up whims to destroy doll houses and be mean to kids, so he is definitely someone to watch out for.  At this part of the story the "boys" are only catching on to the chance he could be mean to Donanda.
   The only changes to Don I made in cas was hair style.  I really didn't like the one he sported all the time, and clothes of course.  I'm pretty old fashioned, (goes with my age I guess), so the ragged torn jeans and baggie pants/shorts are not for me.  Besides, he looks so awesome in a suit!
   I'd never seen that look on a nooboo before but I almost always had a home birth.  The last time I played, (two years ago), there were glitches with using the hospital so I never went there.  This time it was worth it!
    I've got more chapters almost ready to go so be prepared.  Donanda is adorable.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2019, 05:42:15 PM »
Love the name Donanda.  ;D  Can't wait to see her toddler cuteness.  I'm sure Mom, Dad, and all the "grandpas" will dote on her.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 21 - Toddler Cuteness
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »
Toddler cuteness coming right up!

Chapter 21 - Toddler Cuteness

Donanda:  "Where is dey?  I aw awone?  Me hundry."

Don:  You'd best hurry up and eat!  First day back at work you know.

Amanda:  Don't remind me.  I'm so going to miss our angel.  Have you given her breakfast yet?  I'm sure she's awake by now.

Don:  Thanks for reminding me.  I'll grab something for her and go right up.

Dylan:  You snooze you lose, bro.  I got this.  Angel girl and I have a big day ahead of us so you go ahead and do what you want to do.  We're fine.

Donanda:  Fi dada.  We fi.  Bid day!  (Nom, nom, nom)

Don:  You're sure?  Ok, you've convinced me.  I do have a ton of stuff to do.  Seems like I never caught up while she was a nooboo.  Thanks, Dylan.

Donanda's pov:    My fwend Dywen was my bestes fwen.  He gibs me aiuh pwane wides.  I was fwiten, but is ok.  He not dwop me.  Fun!

Den, we had mohwa funs!  I cwime de swide!  He heps me wots.  He say I bwave gurl!

I tiwurd, so he read me stowy!  About a pwincess wike me!

He tiwurd too, and hundry!  But I ast him, pwease, pwease pway moah!

I say stowy to he! 

He say, time for he noms.  But he gibs me more time for stowy I say.

Den, I gets huggies!  Bestes huggies eber!  My fwen.  I lubs he.  So I say, go eat noms.....

I hugs my Puddins an' is ok.  Momma come home soon!

Amanda:  My you have a big appetite today!  Did you have fun playing with your friend Dylan?

Donanda:  Uh, huh!  Fwen!  Fun!

Amanda:  Ok, sweetie, almost time for a nice bath.  But first, how about we do Potty?

Donanda:  Otay.  Poddy firs...

Amanda:  You sure do love your baths!  Oooops,  you love splashing Mommy too.

Donanda:  Spwash!  Spwash!

Amanda:  Would you like some help with shapes, or words?  We have time before bed.

Donanda:  Otay.  Wurds, pwease.  Big wurds!

Donanda:  Tiwurd Momma.  Bed pwease.

Amanda:  There my little angel.  Sleep sweet.  Momma loves you so much.

Donanda: (sleepily)  Ni, ni, Momma.

She's growing up so fast.  I hope all her days will be filled with love and joy like today.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Here I Go Again! Toddler Cuteness 8/5
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »
Seriously your toddler speak is golden- I don't think I could of come up with it as well as you have! Donanda and Dylan are sooo precious together, I'm glad she has him to play with while her parents have to work. So cute!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2019, 09:36:39 PM »
Thank you, kattiq.  My toddler speak was taken straight from our little Evie's mouth.  The most adorable great-grandchild ever, complete with golden ringlets and wisdom with every word.  This particular toddler has been a delight for the most part, however the alternate one......well, let's be kind and say she is a handful and then some!  (If I had rl ones like her I'd have stopped at one!)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
Cuteness overload!  I agree, your toddler-speak is spot on.  Dylan is a great helper.   :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 22 - More Cuteness
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2019, 11:04:08 AM »
Chapter 22 - More Cuteness

In da moaning I wakes up an I go see my fwen, Purl.  I lub's she!

Den I wun, bewy, bewy fas to see ovuh fwens and pway dem.

Onee, wait!  Wha dat?  Dat me?  I fink so.  I nebber seed me afore.  I wunner bout dat.

Hi me!, I says to self.  I see my whole self and my pway woom.

Den, when I wealwy busy talk myselb, I seed somefing new!  Music bots!  I make fun moosic for me. I wike it!

Affer I says hehwo to she, I twy move selb.  An I moob, an moob an......

I dans!  Hooway!  I dans selb.  I kin dansin!  Fun!

Uh oh.....who dat?  Am I in twubble?  I seed someone....

Is awight!  Is Mama!  I don't fink twubble.  Mama nice.

Mama dans too!  Mama fun, fun, fun!  Dans wid me selb.  I wuv dat.  Her tell me how dans mowah, but I ok an I show she.

Dans ober.  Time for noms.  Momma bwing me noms.  Dat why her come see me.  I wike noms.

I eat noms and Momma tell me stowy.  She beary, beary good at stowy.  I learnin wots fwum she.

Den I go down!  Momma help me. She say, time for pway.

Soooooo......I habs fun pwaying in bwocks!

Dis a beawy, good day. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2019, 01:39:56 PM »
Wow, Joria, that playroom is more impressive than my Sims' whole houses generally are! I adore toddlers, both in the game and in life!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »
She is a very, very, spoiled and well loved toddler.  Wish I could have done such for my own.

----------
My No Buy Story