Author Topic: Alternately - Too Grim for Words - Update 3 - 8/25  (Read 9375 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Alternately - Celebration 8/9
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2019, 08:18:58 PM »
Love love loveeeeeee their wedding! I just caught up and it was absolutely gorgeous! I love using that park in San Myshuno as a wedding venue, and I  love the Bridal Suite idea :) Also Amanda's dress and hair is gorgeous, and Vihan is handsome as usual. Congratulations to the happy couple <3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Alternately - Celebration 8/9
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:19 AM »
Thank you, kattiq.  It was a lot of fun remodeling that build.  I've kind of always wanted to do it, but do more to make it a real home, and not just a park.  Maybe some day.  Often, when my Sims visit San M for a festival or whatever, they will spend over there and just skill up during their visit.  Sometimes more exciting than staying home!  The dress is CC.  I'm ashamed to admit I don't remember who did it but I found it on Mod the Sims.  I spend hours there looking at CC!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 17 - Lazy Hazy Days of Summer
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2019, 08:04:27 PM »
Chapter 17 - Lazy Hazy Days of Summer

Dear Diary,  Well, I'm married, and everything is different and new, and yet the same.  My now, good friend, Don Lothario seems to like to hang at our house, although he and Ivan don't seem to see eye to eye much.  Still, he's made friends with the boys and loves to challenge them to things like, his favorite past time, water balloon fights.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The locals seem to get a kick out of their antics although for the most part they avoid getting too involved.  Don has a wicked arm and manages to blast whoever is in his sight more often than not.

It seemed to be a bit too much for one of the neighbors who took herself off to find refreshment at the cool drink and iced goodies stand.  You know, it seems to me they really had no sense putting that there.  It certainly doesn't fit in with the neighborhood and one wonders what do the folks do after all those beverages?  You'd think they'd have a rest room close by, wouldn't you?  Still it makes our little beach area a pleasant place for fun and games, not to mention fishing.

While all this was going on, Ihvan and I spent as much time together as we could.  I still had a job to go to, one I really needed to max out quickly, and he still seems happy to just be the man around the house, learning new skills.  Often we'd just get together and chat about random things while I grilled and prepared food for my career.  I think this was the day I maxed out the cooking skill and now just had to work on Gourmet Cooking and Violin.  We discussed who would learn and do what to help our soon to be, (yet, to be), child.

It seemed we'd just get really into a decent discussion when it was time, once again for me to leave, hopefully full enough of inspired that my job would move along quickly.  We said good-by and off I went.

I have to tell you about my dear friend, Kelly.  He really has gotten into both gardening, (keeps our fridge well stocked with the best things!), and his career as a floral designer.  Sometimes I'd sneak a peek at him at work and his antics would leave me in giggles.  Usually he'd start off quite serious........

He'd carefully place each blossom, just so......

But then, as if he just couldn't resist he'd practice his bar tending moves and the flowers would go flying, behind his back, over his shoulder, every way they could, and still wound up perfectly placed in the vase!

I'd just have to giggle as he strutted his stuff, unawares he was being watched, and proud as a peacock over his latest creation.  What a guy!

Well, dear friend, it's time for me to move along.  There is still so much to do, so many plans to fill and dreams to dream.  See you tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll have more interesting things to write about.  G'night!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 18 - Moving Right Along
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2019, 09:56:05 PM »
Chapter 18 - Moving Right Along

Yes, Dear Diary, time moves right along.  Unfortunately, it seems a bit on the slow side to me!  It's like doing everything in half time slogged down by chains and mud to keep me from rapidly accomplishing my goals.  Is it just me?  I was feeling a little bit down in the dumps.  I hardly got to see Ihvan and there was no sign of a nooboo on the way.  Ihvan, dear soul, tried to cheer me up and get me to focus on more positive things.

He so carefully explained we were very young yet and there was plenty of time to start a family.  After all, it wasn't all that long ago we had been married.  Somehow I thought that magical night would have done the trick, but I guess I was wrong.

Being the loving and romantic guy he was, he knew all it would take is one of his kisses to make my day brighter.  It worked!

Of course, that one thing led to another, and pretty soon he had the bright idea of "let's practice making a nooboo and see where it goes".  Yeah, right.  Well, I have to admit I was definitely into that idea!

When he suggested we try something different, nothing really kinky you understand, just a "change of venue", I was all for it!

There was sort of the thrill of, "what if they come in and find us here and not in our bed", and of course, the rockets and stars were an indication of just how great it was.

Well, I've got to admit the fun of it, and not just the love making, put me in a great mood and I was ready to knock out a house party to end all house parties.  Let's dance!!  All together, and one and two and.....

Unfortunately the night was not as charming for Kelly, who was my designated cook and helper for the night.  Why that guy had to go messing around with his bees is beyond me.  I think they were just out for revenge for all the honey he stole.

Fortunately neither Kelly nor any others were badly affected. Maybe he decided to bee-friend them?  Hehheh.  Sorry, bad pun.  Anyway, Lyal got to be bartender and therefor accomplished his requirement to make three drinks at an event which moved him well along on his aspiration.  I, of course, got a Gold Medal for that party!

I also made, not only a new friend, but garnered a new housemate!  You see, the boys were getting a bit grey around the temples and I knew it wouldn't be too long before Grim came to pay a call.  Got a new bartender while I could!  Besides, I always felt sorry for the lonely Darling Walsh, and this way maybe we could help her with her long held desire for Don!  We'll see, but meanwhile, she was a welcome new member.  (And I could hardly wait to give her a bit of fashion advice as well!)

Well, we all were having so much fun no one wanted to go home.  Dylan had been jonesing  for a rocket ship and we all figured, why not?  Didn't we all have to eat a Grilled Cheese in space and then talk to Grim?  So off the party went to work on the ship.

I think Don was the best "hammer mechanic" there but it might have been a toss up when Jade made the sparks fly with her torch.

I was pretty much there in a supervisory category.  Not too found of all that banging and building you know.  So I spent some time just chatting with Lyal, who was being pretty much a sour puss about the whole thing.  I don't know why, I usually like to build things.  Maybe it's because  ...........

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 19- Too Grim for Words
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »
Chapter 19- Too Grim for Words

Dear Diary, Sometimes things are just too grim for words.  Ok, please pardon that opening note because, as you know, things had gotten very sad, and difficult in our little household. 
   We had decided that things were moving along all too well, but......what about tomorrow?  What happens if we lose our dear helpers, who are much more like family than just slave labor.  We hope we have given them a good and happy life and that they will be with us for seasons yet, but doesn't it pay to look forward to a time when they may not be with us?  To be prepared?  Ihvan and I made the decision that we had to think, not only of ourselves, but our darling child's future.  What if he or she needs the help we have been so fortunate to receive?  You already know our first choice, Darling.  She had always been sort of an outsider, a hanger on, with a sad look and a longing in her eyes for more, particularly for Don Lothario, a hopeless case at best.  So Darling was the first of the newcomers to join our little team.  We had hopes she would help out in the, by now, massive garden, or take up the task of keeping things repaired.  Maybe she could write a Book of Life or something.  We really didn't know.  We just wanted to take her in, give her a good home, (and a make over!), and see what comes of it.  I took the opportunity at the party to clue her in as to what we wanted and what it would be like for her and she was "all in".  So all in she actually started recruiting on her own, her first "find" being the guy who didn't make the cut at the library!

More about him later.  As it turns out, with a little help in the clothing and appearance, he certainly was a stunner.  But I digress.  Let's leave it at he and Darling were the next additions to the crew and will be discussed in future.
   Meanwhile, it definitely appeared we were just in time with our plans.  Our beloved Kelly had been quite a find for us, working hard in the garden and with floral arranging and more to the point, painting up a storm and keeping us afloat with lots of cash.  It was here, at his easel, that Grim came to call.  Kelly heard his approach, and knowing what was coming, his only regret was he would never get to meet our child.

Kelly:   Is that you Grim?  You coming to get me?  You really couldn't just wait a tick and let me chat about Grilled Cheese or get to kiss Amanda's kid?

Grim:  *sigh*  Hey, old man, don't make this more difficult for me than it has to be, ok?  It's a bummer you were just that one thing short of filling that ridiculous aspiration, but hey, that's the way the cheese melts.

Kelly:  Bad puns aside, you've left me alone for quite some time now.  I sort of expected it sooner.  I just grateful for the life I've had.  One last favor?  Do it quick.  Don't let my Mandy see this, ok?  She's in a delicate way.

Grim:  You're wish is my command, my friend.  Maybe we can play a game of chess on the other side.

Grim:  And with a last sigh, I took him home.  Man, I hate it when they are good ones.  (sighs)  Rest in peace, Kelly.  You will be missed here by many.  Rotten job you know, but someone has to do it and I am SO good at it.

Of course I knew nothing of what was happening right over my head.  Grim kept his word and I never saw my dear friend pass over.  Instead, I was completely immersed in my cooking skills.  I did have a job to prepare for and to max so I just kept cooking.

Ihvan was also unaware.  He was in the, what has become our "music room", plunking away at the piano.  He was determined to be able to mentor our child in that skill and I was grateful to not have to listen too closely.  Somehow "The Itsy Bitsy Speeder" lost something in translation.

With a fresh grilled cheese sandwhich in hand, I chatted up Grim, totally ignoring Leyland who seemed to have decided to take a nap just then.  I was so involved in my discussion over the merits of grilled cheese, thus satisfying one more step in the aspiration, that I paid no attention to what was happening at my feet.  Really, Leyland had been one of the least favorite people, and with his hatred of children I was pretty concerned how my child would be treated.

Grim apparently had business to do with Leyland, thus relieving my mind a bit over the future for my nooboo, and I just carried on with eating my sandwich.  You know, when you're pregnant you are constantly hungry and when you've got to eat, you've go to eat.

I'm not normally cold hearted you know, but it seems Grim had put a geas on me and there was a sense of this was right.  No harm to come to me or my nooboo it seemed.  Sadness could wait till later.  What I didn't know as "later" approaching rapidly, as Dylan felt the presence of Grim and collapsed in front of his long held dream.

Ihvan had heard a bit of commotion, and wondering who had come to call, came upon the scene just as Grim was gathering poor Leyland's sould.  He was completely devastate and really didn't understand my nonchalance and attention to my grilled cheese.

Having decided to explore his new environment a bit more, Atharv Arnold, (we call him Arnie), discovered to his horror the dead body of his new friend, Dylan, laying on the ground in front of the rocket ship.  Was this what he was getting into?  Death, alone in front of the thing you cherished the most?  Too late for doubts now.

Feeling a strange presence, he slowly turned around and was further horrified by the vision of the Grim Reaper!  He thought it was only a fairy tale, and yet here he was in the flesh, or whatever it was he had, standing there tallying up Dylan's life.

This time I was not to be protected.  I stared, horrified and deeply saddened at the body of one of my dearest friends.  How could they all be dying off so soon, and all together?  It was horrible.

We all were there, stunned and shocked with grief over our loss.  Grim, ever so gently removed the soul of our friend.  It was almost regretfully.  We were too overwhelmed to take it all in.

Grim:  Rest easy my friend.  You've been a good friend, a perfect help mate, and a beloved member of this family.  May all your dreams and aspirations come true in the Netherworld.  (sigh)  He was a good man, you know.  Grieve him well!

The moment over, the family all left to find solace where they could  Perhaps crying it out in their solitary beds, missing the near by companions who once had been there.  As for me, there was nothing more to do.  I hugged my old friend, thanked him for his gentle care and for the grilled cheese aspiration, and wished him well.

Grim:  Aww, Amanda I really hate this job you know.

Amanda:  Yes, old friend, I know.  But.......

Grim:  Someone has to do it and........

Amanda:  You're awfully good at what you do!

So we leave our old companions and go to face the future with our new ones..Good night dear diary, I have some grieving to do.

----------
My No Buy Story