Author Topic: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.19 - The End of a Great Era  (Read 2075 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Hello! Welcome to my Short Dynasty! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Mpart and I've been playing the sims for roughly...five years I want to say? I started right before Sims 4 was about to come out. I actually discovered the sims by stumbling upon a story here on Carls and going "huh." I had heard of the sims, but it was the first time I really looked into it. I have been playing on and off ever since and that's a little about me!
This will be my fourth recorded attempt at a short dynasty and seventh attempt in general. My other attempts fell apart due to a variety of reasons, some out of my control, but mostly I got bored. I tend to get bored easily. My last attempt I got pretty far in, but decided to end it and stopped playing sims. I got back into the sims after a major life event and started my four immortal sister's challenge. I have been having a blast and that's why I decided to start another challenge and I'll probably be talking about it here and there because of a sim from it is in this story.
Anyways, the reason I specifically decided to start yet another short dynasty? This lovely story right here. It's called the Honeyheart Short Dynasty and I binge-read it in a day. If you haven't read it, go! Go read it! It's great.
Let's cover a few things before we get into the story:

- I'll be following these rules.
- Extra bonus points will be given for portraits and sculptures of family members directly from the heir/heiress's line.
- Edit town is not off limits in dire circumstances.
- The next heir/heiress is the first child who inherit's Spydon's purple eye color.
- The repoman and I are at war. If I see them, I will delete them, set them on fire, or just whine for several pictures. I hate them and they hate me. They show up more than the grim reaper does in my short dynasties and have repossessed one of my pets (a turtle) before. They may win a battle or two, but they will not survive this war.

This is my founder, Spydon Timeless! He's a witch and I absolutely love him and his sass. This will be the third attempt I have tried to do a short dynasty with him. The first one he had the heartbreaker lifetime wish and I finished it before his adult birthday with the help of three vacation days. I also tried to combine the perfect genetics challenge with the short dynasty challenge and that was a mistake.
A big mistake.
He got nine of his ex-girlfriends pregnant and all of his children didn't have the perfect genetics. Ever tried to raise five babies, three toddlers, and one child on short lifespan? IT'S NOT FUN.
Eventually, he ended up crying into the arms of one of his ex-girlfriends who came to live with him to help him raise so many children. It was sad and stressful so I deleted the save and started again.
I started another attempt and it was going okay. The next generation was born, but then I realized something about Spydon; he's a male Aries. For all of you who don't know who Aries is, she's my crazy fire sister from my four immortal sister's challenge. She causes a lot of havoc. I put her and Spydon together in game and couldn't stop laughing, which is where we are today.

Oh! I also want to make a clarification they came from the same Dragon Valley save (the family tree got super convoluted in the save and the game doesn't register them as related) and were both born in game, so that's where their genetics come from. They both take heavily after the Dragon Valley families, but you can't really see it unless you look for it. For that reason, I will not ever be moving the family to Dragon Valley because things would get really weird.

Holy crap I have more stuff to ramble about. We're almost done, guys and then we'll jump into the story.

(The background is a backdrop from JenniSims)

For each generation, I'll be making a picture and a pose unique to them which will signify we are starting that generation. I'll be taking a break after each generation to update/create a family tree, update/create a post with the current points, etc. All fun stuff. NOW, we're done and can officially start this!

Spydon purchased an empty lot in Lucky Palms. I placed a studio down near it so the actress and director careers would be available for future generations and Aries.
"You really don't leave anything to suspense, do you?"
Nope.

I had Spydon rush to meet Aries before story progression automatically decided to pair her up with someone.
"It's disturbing you created a female version of myself."
It's the other way around, buddy. Just you wait.
"I get a feeling you're going to disappoint me."
At least I'll get pretty babies from you two then.

Aries and Spydon met and had hearts fly up in the air twice. I didn't even know that was possible.
"She doesn't look too bad."

Buddy, just be happy you're in her league.

"You act like this is going to be so difficult! Ha! A good wink always works-"
"-Watcher this baby daddy is too confident. Dispose of him."
Aries, wrong challenge.

"What? You think you can win me over with my signature move?"
"Uh...your what?"

"I'm not some randomly generated sim! I'm GOLD. I'm one of my Watcher's favorite sims. Get on your knees and BEG. Compliment me, woo me, give me flowers. Maybe I'll consider. Maybe I'll send my sisters after you. The only person who plays games is ME."
"Excuse-"

"-I have a basement filled with jellybean bushes and it's calling your name!"

"What's wrong with you?"
"What's WRONG with me?"
It was at this point I had to pause the game from laughing so hard and then message my friend before I could continue.

I mean, just LOOK at this.
"Alright, Watcher. She's too crazy. How about I get back together with the last one. What was her name? Casey?"
Cassidy? She had three of your children?
"Yeah, Chelsea sounds great. I want to be back with her again."
Not happening.
"Fine."

"Oh wise, beautiful Aries, please accept my apology. I did not mean to offend someone so great."
"I accept your apology."
"I...thank you?"
The great thing about Aries is that she can't tell when someone is using sarcasm.
"Hey! No one was using sarcasm. Don't be ridiculous, Watcher."
Okay.

"So, as a fellow attractive person, how do you feel about Lucky Palms?"
"I am attractive! Yes."
"I...don't know how to respond to that."
They both have the irresistible trait incase anyone was wondering. This dynasty is going to be a mess.

"My name is Spydon and I-"
"-I don't care. Get back to the wooing, Sean."
"This is making me uncomfortable."
Aries has that effect on people, yes.

"You know what I like? Snakes. I have this cute little snake named Flame Widow...you brought her along, right Watcher?"
Uh...no?
"Well, there goes THAT conversation."

"I'm a fan of snakes."
"Maybe you're not so bad after all then."
Awwwwww.

They played a game of rock, paper, scissors together because that makes sense.

"You know Aries, you're the definition of crazy, but you're the most stunning woman I have ever seen."

"Awww, that's sweet of you. I know that of course, but I like hearing other people say it."

"You're welcome."
These two are a mess.

"The Watcher thinks she's going to be controlling how this whole thing goes. Isn't that hilarious?"

"That IS hilarious!"
Hahaha. Very funny.

Well, I've reached the picture limit! I'll be back with more chapters soon! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the Timeless Short Dynasty!

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.2 - Then They Were Roommates
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 07:30:00 PM »
Welcome back! It's been an hour or two since I got the last chapter up so that means chapter time again! I also want to mention my friend Nevermore (I'm having trouble tagging her in this chapter for some reason, but she'll see it  ;)).  She's been the biggest supporter of Aries and Spydon and is a great friend. Thanks Nev! =D

"Do you want to move in with me Aries?"
"Yeah, I could use a roommate. The whole three hours I have lived alone have been rather disappointing. No one has set anything on fire, practiced martial arts, or gone insane from lack of sleep. I'll meet you at my house. Toodles."

"I...she's nuts, Watcher! Nuts!"
That's part of her charm.

Once Aries moved in, I spent twenty minutes building their box house and my game decided to crash.  :( I hadn't saved so I had to do it all over again.

Nothing of interest happened the second time around except this; Aries winked at him and Spydon wasn't a fan.

"You can't just wink at me! I want to be wooed, complimented, given flowers."

"What?"
"You heard me!"

After that, he literally started flirting with her. These two are so odd. I consider everything that happened in the first chapter to be canon darn it, and that's the narrative I'm sticking with. Aries moved in and I saved the game before building the house.
In case anyone is wondering too, Aries traits are dramatic, dislikes children, flirty, charismatic, and irresistible. She likes the color blue, latin music, and her favorite food is a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich. Instead of having her Lifetime  Wish be Heartbreaker like it is in my four immortal sister's challenge, it is to become a Superstar Actress.

This dynasty is going to have a lot of purple in it so I had the house reflect that. I'm pretty proud of it even though I made it with the idea of function before design.

The inside is empty due to the fact they don't have much money.

"So roommate, you have done zero wooing. Zero."
"I don't woo."
"That's a shame. Good luck on your quest for a lady friend then."

Spydon then did what he does best; acts impulsively and risks the wrath of beautiful women.

It surprisingly worked out well for him and Aries let it slide.
"This counts as wooing."
"Well then why didn't you say that before?"
"Stop being difficult, Stephen."
Well, it's closer to Spydon? Maybe?

The wooing went well and eventually things moved to the all-in-one bathrooms where chimes were heard!
Spydon was excited but Aries, not so much.
"Great...I'm pregnant. AGAIN."

Things settled into a routine for Spydon and Aries. They painted and listened to kids music 24/7 because I want multiples, darn it.

Spydon cooks while Aries continued to paint.
"Not because I'm good at it, but because Aries doesn't want to. We have cereal and ice cream most days."
He's not wrong.

"This leaf stuff tastes great."
"It's salad."
"That's what I said."
I love Aries.

Rocking chairs and tablets are lifesavers. Aries and Spydon do most of their skilling listening to tabcasts. For anyone doing any skill-based challenge, I 100% recommend tablets. They are definitely worth the sim points.

I just took this picture because Aries looks pretty. No one should look this pretty running. No one.

Aries, what are you working on there?
"Nothing."
It looks like a picture for the nursery.
"Me? Making artwork for the nursery? You're insane Watcher."

Whatever it is meant for, I'm putting it in the nursery. It's cute.

Spydon started working on the garden. I want him to max gardening and maybe start on alchemy, but we'll see. I plan on having him complete his lifetime wish by maxing out the spell-casting skill that witches have. I haven't done it before so it's going to be fun and new for me.

That's all I have for this chapter. Bye guys!

Offline Trident

• Occult
*Vine voice* Oh my god, they were roommates.......

This is. Oh my gosh, mpart. You've created the perfect storm. I can't wait to see all the red-haired, purple-eyed babies, living in their giant purple house, which will probably be on fire.

Somebody bring the popcorn, this is going to be a trip and a half.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
*Vine voice* Oh my god, they were roommates.......

This is. Oh my gosh, mpart. You've created the perfect storm. I can't wait to see all the red-haired, purple-eyed babies, living in their giant purple house, which will probably be on fire.

Somebody bring the popcorn, this is going to be a trip and a half.

I'm so happy somebody got that reference. XD

It's a mess. It's such a mess and I love it. You're spot on too.

I'm going to grab some popcorn myself. This has to be my favorite attempt at a short dynasty EVER.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.3 - Perfect Genetics???
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 03:37:18 PM »
Hi guys! I'll probably be posting this story like crazy until I get burnt out or generation two rolls around. I'm really obsessed with this challenge right now. Enjoy!

Aries found out she was officially pregnant. She was ecstatic.
"I hate children and I hate being pregnant."

Spydon went to play the lottery because they have no money. I doubt he's going to win.
"You're one to judge."

I had my back turned for ONE moment to get my dinner and Spydon had run home to flirt with Aries.
"You know Aries, you're hot even though you don't know my name."
"Thanks Spyder."
She was so close.

Spydon doesn't seem to care though. He would probably change his name at this point if she asked him to.

Spydon kept wishing to read a pregnancy book and I finally caved in. He's wasting precious time skilling-
"-I just want to be prepared this time."
She's not going to pop out nine kids.
"I want to be PREPARED, Watcher."

I don't think a single book could prepare someone for having nine kids anyways.

After finishing his pregnancy book, and then automatically wishing to read ANOTHER one, he interrupted Arie's painting to dance with her. I'll let it slide. Just this once.
"You keep thinking you actually have control of this dynasty."
Someone has to keep you from impregnating the entire town.
"IT WAS ONLY NINE-"

Luckily, Aries isn't about that life. At least not in this challenge anyways. She's too busy waddling around dramatically.

So Aries, explain this piece to me.
"Well, it's blue."
You don't want me to put it in the nursery?
"Nursery? Pfft. I don't like any child of mine. Any. I definitely wouldn't paint something for a nursery."
Alright.

The paparazzi caught on fire outside. It was annoying and because I didn't want the grim reaper to show up and cause them both to stop skilling, I sent Spydon out to extinguish her.

He was not happy about it.
"If she's stupid enough to stand outside for so long she catches on fire, it's just natural selection at that point."

Spydon also didn't win the lottery. Shocker.
"Why do you hate me this chapter?"
I don't hate you, I'm just amused. There's a difference.
"SURE."

*Pregnant waddle intensifies*
Please be multiples, please be multiples.

Well that was sudden.
"Why. Do. They. Always. Try. To. KILL. ME."
That's just how childbirth works I guess.

Hera Timeless was born with the Loves the Outdoor and Insane traits. Yay.
"I named her Hera after Hecate."
Awwwwww. For context, Hecate is my water sister in my four immortal sister's challenge. She and Aries have an interesting relationship. 
Also, Hera was the ONLY baby born. No multiples.  :(
On the bright side, I popped into CAS and we have our heiress! She also has perfect genetics...holy crap. That's never going to happen again. I can't believe this. Spydon got nine women pregnant and didn't even have a heir then.

He was busy being blissfully unaware that Aries had just given birth to their first child.
I still can't believe Hera has perfect genetics.

Spydon went inside and promptly went to sleep as did Aries after she gave birth.
Guys, I have a crib placed down...oh well.

That's it for this chapter. See you later guys! Bye!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.3 - Perfect Genetics???
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 04:02:41 PM »
Yay, I'm so glad you're doing a short dynasty! This story is a riot so far and I'm loving it. And I'm honored that you mentioned the Honeyhearts! :)

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.3 - Perfect Genetics???
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
Yay, I'm so glad you're doing a short dynasty! This story is a riot so far and I'm loving it. And I'm honored that you mentioned the Honeyhearts! :)

Awww, thank you!
Of course! The Honeyhearts helped inspire me to give the short dynasty challenge another shot and it would feel wrong not including them!  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.4 - Adorableness All Around
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »
Welcome back! In the last chapter, Hera Timeless was born with perfect genetics. I still can't believe it. Perfect genetics? I have not had the best luck with perfect genetics so I'm speaking from my heart when I say it's darn hard to get them. I'm really happy about it to say the least. Slightly frustrated, but happy!

You know that crib I talked about Spydon and Aries being both too lazy exhausted to put little Hera in? It was literally only a few steps away. I decorated it with peacock feathers because it's Hera's sacred bird in greek mythology. Hera in greek mythology though...heh. Let's just hope Hera Timeless isn't quite like her.

Spydon did eventually wake up to take care of his newborn daughter. He rolled wish after wish about her.
He's actually a really good father, guys. He just had a rough start.
"I can't believe Aries just had one. One!"
Maybe stop trying to sound so relieved about that, buddy. Aries is going to have more.
"How many are we talking here?"
Not sure yet.
"Alright. Just as long as none of my ex-girlfriends come around."
That's the spirit!

You can't really tell, but Hera's swing also has peacock feathers on it.  She spent the majority of her two-day infancy in it.

Aries and Spydon were up to their usual antics. 

I won't lie, I really love it. Their relationship has been one my favorite ones ever in my game.

I just can't stop taking pictures of these two being adorable.

I can't.
"Hey! We're not adorable. We're simply passionate."
Sure Aries. Sure.
I have a playlist filled with songs for these two while I write chapters. A playlist.

Spydon absolutely loves little Hera. She's definitely going to become a daddy's girl when she grows up.
I fear for anyone's life who tries to hurt her.

"I'm pregnant again, aren't I?"
Yep! I need you have to more children so I can get more points.
"Yay."

Aries wished for a boy and I had her rush to the store to get apples. It also helped get rid her of her stir-crazy moodlet too which was a plus.
Her facial expressions while eating the apples though...

...are just gold. Pure gold.

Aries painted this! I knew it was from a Ghilbi movie, but wasn't sure which one it was. I looked it up and it's from My Neighbor Totoro if anyone is wondering.

It's Spydon's birthday!
"Wait what?"
It's a short dynasty, pal. Time to become older.

"I don't know how I feel about this."

Congratulations, you look exactly the same.
"I feel the same...AH IS THAT A WRINKLE?"
Oh yeah, midlife crisis time!
"Don't make fun of me, Watcher! This is a SERIOUS issue!"
Just letting you know ahead of time, I'm not fulfilling any of your midlife crisis wishes.
"I have wrinkles! Wrinkles!"

On a happier note, Hera aged up! She is a good mix of her parents, but you can't tell yet. It'll be more noticeable as she gets older.

I had her pose with Aries for reference so it could be easier to see the similarities anyways though. Hera Aries's eyes and nose. I just noticed Hera has Spydon's ears along with his hair and eye color, lips, and face shape. I guess she is mostly him then. Whoops. Oh well, I still love her.

I'm going to have Hera learn how to walk and talk in hopes that game gives her a semi-decent trait and I don't have to roll for one.

Uh Spydon...what are you doing there?
"I don't know. Help."

Luckily, I didn't have to reset Spydon and he began to teach Hera how to talk.
"How about saying 'dada?'"
"..................."
It could have gone better.
"It's okay. She'll learn how to talk soon enough. She has Aries's and I's genes."
Isn't that the truth.

Hera all in all, is a very happy toddler. She's doted on by her father and sometimes her mother looks in her direction.

Speaking of Aries, she's not enjoying her second pregnancy.

Spydon is crazy about her as usual and Aries...Aries is herself.

I'll never get over the cuteness of these two.

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you next time! Bye!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.5 - Birth, Fishes, and Fire
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 10:04:10 PM »
Hello there! As I posted the last chapter just a few days ago, let's jump right in to this one!

We start this chapter off with Aries giving birth.
"I. HATE. LABOR."

Aries gives birth to Ace, a little witch who is born with the brave and virtuoso traits.
Man, those are some good traits. His favorites are the color yellow, roots music, and stir-fry.

Aries has another boy who is uh...was bugged? Not sure what happened, but I got it sorted out.

His name is Arius. He is also a witch and his traits are genius and couch potato. His favorites are red, latin music, and firecracker tofu. These twins really lucked out in the trait lottery.
For future reference Hera is a witch too. I don't remember ever mentioning it, but I checked Spydon's relationship panel and yep, she's a witch.

Spydon snuggles one of the boys right away. I have no idea who is who at this stage, so if I had to guess...Arius maybe?

I sent Aries off to the studio to get a job. Hopefully she has enough time to get to level ten of the acting career, but I don't have high hopes.
"Thanks, Watcher."

Over the next few days, Spydon worked on in his garden when he wasn't taking care of the kids and Aries was at work. I want him to get into alchemy before he dies and that's why I'm having him focus on gardening, but I'm not really pushing for it. Having a garden in a dynasty is essential anyways for future generations to come.

I do however, want him to complete his lifetime wish. I have never done the zombie master lifetime wish before and I really want to explore that part of the supernatural expansion pack I never got into.

Spydon is working on it slowly but surely.
"Watcher! I conjured an apple!"
I wanted a purple one.
"You really can't be happy with anything, can you?"
I'm super happy with Aries's and your relationship.
"Well...I am too."
Awwwwww.

Spydon leveled up in the spell-casting skill and is now able to transform objects! This led to Darron the Salamander, who I had to keep and the game named.
I'm going to get off track, but this relates to the story. Somehow.
Back in the day, I use to own some beta fish and read about snails helping to clean the tank and all in all, being great tank mates. Me being me, I thought "yes! this is a great idea!"
It wasn't.
The time rolls around and I buy a snail who I named Pépé. I named him this because...I'm extra and I liked naming my fish names that sounded French. I had a shrimp named Jacque. He was great.
To keep it family-friendly, Pépé turns out to be a little turd and I have to move him to a separate tank because he's causing my poor beta fish to live in his filth. Time rolls by, Pépé causes my room to stink and I'm cleaning fish tanks one day with the help of my parents. My dad and I look at each other, told my mom Pépé hadn't moved for a few days (it was true to be fair), and flush him down the toilet, effectively committing fish murder. Ever since then I haven't had the best luck with fish, both real and digital, and sometimes wake up from nightmares and freaking out about feeding my fish. I don't have fish anymore. I really, really hope fish can't die in the Sims 3 and if they can....let's just hope they can't.

The house got a small renovation! I fenced in Spydon's garden not because I had to, but because I felt like it.

I made the house larger. I have a better house lined up for the Timeless family to move into in a few generations, but I'm surprisingly attached to this boxy one. It is an easy house to take screenshots in and I love it.

Hera ages up!

You know that plan I had for Hera to learn the majority of her skills to have the game randomly assign her a decent trait? Yeah...that didn't work so well in theory. She gained the mean-spirited trait.
Fun.

"You know Aries...you're not that bad of a mother."
"Oh, you. You're lying, but I'm still going to take the compliment."
That's it. That sums up Aries's character.

I had Hera start learning how to paint. She'll be most of her childhood doing so. I need to find a sim who can max sculpting but...meh. I probably won't get sculptures down for a few generations and that's okay. I'm just focusing on having fun with this short dynasty attempt.

I like the painting Hera made and hung it up as it goes along with the violently purple color scheme that is going on in the Timeless home.

Spydon rolled a wish to use the fire blast spell. Nothing can go wrong as long as he doesn't use it outside of the house, right?
Wrong.

"Writer, it's on fire. It's on FIRE. FIRE!"
Extinguish it, Spydon.
"FIRE!"
He did extinguish it eventually, but not after freaking the whole household out. I won't be letting him use that spell again on the home lot. Other lots though? We'll see.

On another note, Aries is aging up!
"I'm doing WHAT?"

She still is gorgeous and luckily didn't have a midlife crisis.
"I can't believe I'm old-older."
Most people do age, Aries.
"This is odd."
You'll get use to it. You only have a few days until you become an elder anyways.
"A WHAT?"

Here is a better picture of Aries all aged up. I really like the hair I gave her. It's more mature and yet still screams "Aries."

I was having Spydon convert stuff again and Jarred the Mummy Fish showed up! He's so adorable! The only sad thing is that fish don't count as familiars for witches. I'm not sure why I thought they would.  :(

Now the real goal is going to be keeping these fish alive. I haven't ever heard of fish dying in the Sims 3 so I really think we're in the clear!

Melody the Fairy Damsel Fish was the last to the join fish family. Look at those little wings!

That's it for this chapter as I have reached the picture limit! Hopefully you enjoyed the strangeness of this chapter. Bye!

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
my fish die in sims 3 ... though that's probably because I keep on forgetting to feed them. :(

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Yes, fish in a bowl will die if you don't feed them. They seem to be immortal, however, if you put them in a chest.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
my fish die in sims 3 ... though that's probably because I keep on forgetting to feed them. :(

Yes, fish in a bowl will die if you don't feed them. They seem to be immortal, however, if you put them in a chest.

They can die from not being fed?  :o Alright, I'll keep that in mind! Thank you guys so much! I'll have to remember the chest trick and sorry to hear about your fishing dying, Deklitch.  :(

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.6 - Exploring and Arguing
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 03:06:15 PM »
Welcome back everybody! In the last chapter, Spydon was working towards his lifetime wish and a lot of emphasis was put on fish. Oh and Arius and Ace were born. No biggie.  ;)

Spydon and Hera decided to be adorable and play tag with one another.
"I..can't go on. Leave me, daughter. Save yourself."
"It's only a game of tag, dad!"
"Light..fading."

Hugs make everything better.

Hera rolled a wish to give her dad a gift so I had her give him his wand. He loved it of course and he acted like he had never seen such a thing before.

Spydon went on to upgrade all the appliances in the house. No babies were hurt in the process of this.

Aries is so gorgeous in her work outfit. I love, love her with glasses.
"I don't need them. Why am I wearing them? I can see just fine. Everything was fuzzy before and I LIKED it that way."
That sounds exactly why you need glasses.
"Don't be ridiculous, Watcher."
Fair enough. I was in denial myself too.
"It's not denial if I don't need them."

Aries and Spydon are still as affectionate as normal. They would be that couple who wouldn't "want to label their relationship" and yet would be lovey-dovey every second they could.
Wait, they are THAT couple.
"Don't judge us, Watcher!"

The twins aged up! Arius was first for some reason even though he was born second, and is an Aries clone excluding his brown hair. I have no idea where he got it from.

Ace is the definition of an Aries clone. I would have liked more genetic diversity, but Aries clones are gorgeous.

Spydon attacked Arius with the claw who was very shocked.

Luckily, Arius learned not to be scared by his good ol' dad.
"Are you calling me 'old?'"
Of course not. What I meant was uh...youthful dad?
"That's right. I have no wrinkles. NO WRINKLES, I tell you."
I forgot he was having a Midlife Crisis.  :P

Hera is aging up already! I can't believe this.  :'(
"It is a short dynasty, Watcher."
Hey! Don't break the fourth wall.
"Sorry."
Awww, it's okay.

Hera ages up with the star quality trait. It's basically useless, but it could be worse. On another note, Hera is GORGEOUS.
I mean, wow. Aries's and Spydon's genetics...holy crap!

Even Spydon seems surprised by his spawn.

I had Spydon ask Hera what her gender preference was. She's undecided which is definitely something I can work with. If Hera ends up with a lady, I'll just tweak my mod settings a bit so she can have the next heir.

Nothing screams "birthday party" like spontaneously deciding to leave for China and leaving the toddlers at home.
"Hey, it was semi-planned."
That's true. My goal is to have Spydon reach Visa Level 3 while in China. I bought him a lifetime award that allows for him to vacation there longer, so we'll be there for a whole six days.
I won't lie, I get a feeling I'm going to enjoy it.

Everyone made it safely to China and now the work begins. Aries and Hera will be skilling nonstop and Spydon will be putting that adventurous trait to use.

Aries and Hera got on their tablets...

...and Spydon started harassing talking the locals.

You have no idea how excited I am to do this.
"Do what? Explore tombs?"
Yes.
"I have respect for that."

Spydon loved exploring to say the least.

The family funds were definitely benefiting from it.
"Benefiting? This is just the money making up all the supplies I bought."
Fair enough.

I sent Hera to a local park(?) to learn how to fish since she loves the outdoors.
"I don't know why you want me to insult the talking fish, but okay."
Sometimes I forget you're insane.
"Who? Me? I'm not insane."
You literally have the insane trait.
"No Watcher, it's the sane trait. Get your facts right."
I have it written in my notes.
"Right. It's the sane trait. Glad we agree."
Sighs

She took a little break to collect fruit before she went back to fishing.

Spydon meanwhile was being...Spydon.
"Watcher, Watcher! Look! I did a flip!"
"That's a back-
"-it's a flip!"
It's a flip.

Treasure time!
"For something so sparkly it sure is disappointing."
Awww, you ruined it.
"The treasure ruined itself."

I'm at the picture limit! Next time the vacation should be all finished up. Bye!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.6 - Exploring and Arguing
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 03:31:13 PM »
Arius being born with the "Spellcasting" trait made me crack up. And Hera is one of the most gorgeous Sims I think I've ever seen!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.6 - Exploring and Arguing
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »
Arius being born with the "Spellcasting" trait made me crack up. And Hera is one of the most gorgeous Sims I think I've ever seen!

When I read it, I was sure my game was going to crashed, but nope, it didn't. I was pretty happy about it. I can't believe all the kids are witches. I love it.
Awww, thank you! I couldn't believe it when she aged up! Spydon and Aries did REALLY well!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.7 - They're All Disturbed
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 11:48:42 PM »
Hi guys! I have been exhausted lately and haven’t had any time for simming. I should be able to post more starting next week. Let’s pick up from where we left off, shall we?

Spydon had to take a small break from adventuring in order to buy more supplies-
"-and not starve to death and faint from exhaustion."
All valid points, but mostly he stopped to get supplies.

Daily reminder that Hera is gorgeous.

She changed into her formal wear randomly.
"It's because I have the sane trait."
The insa-
"-the very SANE trait, thank you very much."
It's not even worth arguing about it at this point.

I say it every chapter and I'll say it again; I love these two together SO MUCH.

Hera got bored and decided to come back to the base camp where she...stuck her hand through a
bench?
"To pull off a successful prank one must become one with the furniture."
You do you, Hera. You do you.

I'm having Aries max logic since I can't have her chained to the easel.
"My sister made this look easy. Blah, blah move the pawn this way, move the knight THAT way."
I...
"...I never listened and now I have to MASTER it."
It must be rough being you.
"Glad someone finally agrees!"

I really have no reason to justify taking this picture. Hera is just so pretty.

Spydon was feeling pretty done with the visa requirements already and wished to cast fire blast.
Me being me and loving wreaking havoc in my sim games, obliged.

The man just continued on with his request even after being nearly burned alive much to Spydon's dismay.
Now that's devotion.

Spydon then went to some random woman's house as part of his adventure? Quest? Opportunity? My brain seems to be struggling.
He befriended her and then automatically decided to gossip about the man he set on fire a few hours ago.
Oh, Spydon.

Hera joined Aries in learning how to play chess.
"So...strange woman who gave birth to me, how do you play chess?"
"Beats me. I just pretend to focus on it every time the Watcher checks up on me."
Hey!
"It's the truth."

I let Spydon go back to the base camp because I'm kind like that.
"You turned your back for a moment and I ran for it."
I like my version of that story better.
Anyways, Spydon saved Hera from playing chess with her mother for a bit. She's definitely a daddy's girl.

Aries was finally saved too and I had her and Spydon go steady because IT'S ABOUT TIME. These two are basically an old married couple at this point.
"Hey! Neither of us believe in marriage!"
"Unless it involves an elaborate money scheme!"
"Yeah! Wait..what, Aries?"
"Nothing, darling."
Awwww? Well...I guess that answers THAT question?

After all these years, Spydon still attempts to woo Aries.
"So girlf-"
"-don't call me that."
"What do I call you then? We have three kids together."
"Spydon, we have had kids with EVERYONE."

"How about we call each other 'equal we begrudgingly tolerate' when others are looking but 'other half we may actually love' when others AREN'T looking?"
"Oh, you. You understand EXACTLY what I want."

These two are disturbed. You know what, this whole family is disturbed.
I love them? So much?
Well, I did have a rough idea what I was getting into. This has surprisingly gone smoother than I thought it would.

Hera talked to Aries who she is surprisingly friends with now. Hey, Aries is actually on good terms with one of her kids!
Wow. To be fair, I have noticed she grows close to her kids once they get older.

On that note, the vacation is officially over! Spydon has to go to France for the next step in the opportunity chain he has and is half way to Visa Level 3 already. I really wanted him to max it this time around, but it wasn't meant to be. Once the moodlet that keeps sims from traveling for a certain number of days runs out, the Timeless family will be heading to France! Spydon will max out his visa level in China during the beginning of Hera's generation. I can't believe this challenge is going by so fast!

I decided to check on the toddlers as Spydon, Aries, and Hera are rushing home and...what has happened here?
It seems Ace has become one with Hera’s imaginary friend.
That’s...nice.

On a more normal note, the Timeless family got a greenhouse! Sort of. I have seasons enabled to rotate in a seven day cycle and do not want that to stop the garden, darn it!

Arius was happily swinging along in his baby swing and appears to be the most normal out of this whole family already.

Once everyone was settled back in, Spydon began teaching the twins how to talk.
“Can you say ‘stay away from your sister’s creepy old doll?’”
“..................”
“Fair enough.”

Arius didn’t seem to be as eager to learn how to talk as Ace was. He just seemed bored. I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty excited to see how he turns out.

Hera begins working on the gardening skill. She’s going to reach level nine of all the skills she can during her teenage years and then stop. I know that all the points will be tallied together at the end of this challenge and it won’t matter which generation has the most points, but it’s the system I have in place. It helps me keep track of things better.

Aries finished Spydon’s portrait and it’s not...horrible.
“What do you mean it’s not horrible? It looks fantastic! It’s art!”
I’m going to have her repaint it again, but it’s a great backup.

That’s all I have for you guys. See you later! Bye!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.7 - They're All Disturbed
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »
Love the Timeless family so much!
Spydon is awesome.
Aries is Aries.
The kids are gorgeous.
I'm already addicted to this short dynasty.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 12:27:03 PM »
Love the Timeless family so much!
Spydon is awesome.
Aries is Aries.
The kids are gorgeous.
I'm already addicted to this short dynasty.

"Aries is Aries" is perfect. XD
Awww, thank you so much! I appreciate your support.

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »
Another wonderful beginning! Spydon and Aries are both gorgeous. You have such beautiful sims. Have bookmarked this one too! And I will be checking out your Perfect Genetics Challenge too. Especially as I want to know what makes a Sims genetics perfect.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 12:58:08 PM »
Another wonderful beginning! Spydon and Aries are both gorgeous. You have such beautiful sims. Have bookmarked this one too! And I will be checking out your Perfect Genetics Challenge too. Especially as I want to know what makes a Sims genetics perfect.

Thank you!!
The Labelles are an err...unconventional family. I enjoyed writing them. The perfect genetics challenge is a challenge based on passing down certain traits (eye and hair color) to each generation. It was fun seeing how it went!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.8 - Spydon, No!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2019, 01:08:40 PM »
Hi guys! Welcome back to the Timeless Short Dynasty.

Naturally, we begin this chapter with Spydon aging up.
"I'm doing WHAT?"

It's a short dynasty. Get with the program, pal.

"I guess being old isn't that bad-"

"-hahaha! You're old! My dad is old!"
Great timing, Hera.
"I try my best."

Today isn't just Spydon's birthday! The twins are aging up too.
Arius ages up first even though he wasn't born first...?

Anyways, Arius gained the artistic trait to go along with genius and couch potato.
Future painting slave, anyone?

Ace, on the other hand, now has the perceptive trait to go along with virtuoso and brave. Both boys have fantastic traits. I hope SOMEBODY, perhaps a future HEIRESS, gets a decent trait when she ages up.
"I can hear you, Watcher!"
That's the point, Hera.
"I don't care what the point is! You talk in lines, not points!"
...that makes no sense.

The traveling moodlet expired which meant the Timeless family was off to France!
"That was the worse transition ever."
I don't like being judged by somebody breaking the fourth-wall, HERA.
"I have to agree with my spawn here. That was abrupt."
First of all, I feel attacked. Second of all, it's a miracle you even remembered one of your kids, Aries.
"Hey, hey. Hera and I are best friends now. We played a lot of chess together."
I must be dreaming.

"She's not the only one of my spawn I pay attention to either!"
"Yeah, my mom loves me!"
"Woah, woah let's not say that in public, sweetie. Which one are you again?"
"...I'm Ace, mom."
"I knew that. I was just testing you."
"You were trying to see if I knew my name?"
"Yes! Exactly!"
"Wow, mom, you're the greatest!"
"I know."
Poor, poor Ace.

Spydon was not enjoying his vacation.
"I was sent here so I could get a house in China. Just tell me what I need to know, so I can get into the stupidly large mansion, explore it, nearly die a few times, and then die peacefully at home because I'm OLD."
"Wow that seems...interesting, but you need to go speak to another lady whose name your Watcher conveniently forgot."
"Oh come on, that's just lazy dialogue now."
STOP. BREAKING. THE. FOURTH. WALL.

Things went as expected. Spydon asked for the information to complete the opportunity; the lady said no. Spydon threatened to set her on fire befriended her, the lady caved in and gave him the information.

Exploring the house started off well as Spydon just wandered around disabling traps. Easy enough, right?

APPARENTLY NOT.
"I'm dying, Watcher!"
Well, stop dying, Spydon. We have more stuff to do.
"Wow, rude."

Just open the door already.
"Can't."
What?
"I need to sleep first and then try to open it another eight times where on the last try I barely succeed."
UGH.

Spydon opened the door and immediately...was set on fire.
"THIS IS NOT THE WAY I'M GOING TO GO."
He was just about to die and barely, BARELY escaped death. I think he had two minutes left in game before he died. I was naturally having a heart attack the whole time and had to wait awhile before continuing. I love my sims even for all the crap I give them and I'm really attached to Spydon.

The whole experience was nearly worth it as Spydon found treasure and was able to complete the opportunity...the next one telling him to go directly back to China.
"HMPH. I almost DIED!"
Spydon gets a small break though as the maxed days each generation can use as finally been reached meaning the next time the Timeless family vacations, it will be during Hera's generation.
"Finally!"
 As I have finished up Spydon's generation in game, that means that Hera's generation will only be about...one chapter away. Holy crap.
"Wait what?"

Just collect the grapes, old man.
"For someone who was just going on about how scared you were of me dying, you sure are showing how much you care in a weird way."
It's what I do best.

I checked on everybody else and the twins were doing what they were supposed to; maxing photography by listening to their tablets.
Aries on the other hand...
"Hi Watcher!"
What are you doing?
"Smiling...oh and I'm stuck. Fix this please."
Sighs

"Hey sis!"
"Hey...squirt. Just run off or something. I'm busy."
"Busy doing what?"
"Ignoring you. Go away."
Ah, sibling love.

Aries decided to AUTONOMOUSLY play tag with Ace. I don't know what's been getting into her lately, but to be frank, I'm worried.

Hera sat on the edge of the bathtub? I didn't even know sims could do that. I have no idea what to make of this knowledge.

Here's one last pretty picture of Hera before I end this chapter.

The next chapter will be the final chapter of Spydon’s generation.
Bye guys!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.8 - Spydon, No!
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019, 05:57:24 PM »
Hera is beautiful! :O
XD I laughed so hard at her reaction to Spydon's ageing. He just doesn't look right old.
I'm worried about Aries too. O_o Where is the flame widow I know and worship?
Age has changed her too much.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.8 - Spydon, No!
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »
Hera is beautiful! :O
XD I laughed so hard at her reaction to Spydon's ageing. He just doesn't look right old.
I'm worried about Aries too. O_o Where is the flame widow I know and worship?
Age has changed her too much.

Thank you!
I find it hilarious. He's probably been my favorite sim I have ever played as an elder. He has a certain charm to him.
I think it's just maturity. I love Aries in my four immortal sister's challenge, but seeing her growth in this challenge was amazing. I understand what you mean though.  ;D

What skin are you using? Spydon looks great as an elder.

I'm using the skin Lemon Leaf B2.0.  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.9 - She Takes After Her Father
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2019, 08:28:52 PM »
Hi guys! Welcome to the final chapter of Spydon’s generation. Sniffles. I will be taking a week or two break after this chapter is posted and then generation two will begin.

Spydon works on his spell-casting skill for the rest of the vacation.
He upgrades everything in the base camp and reaches level four which grants him the toadification curse spell. 

I think we can all see where this is going.

"This is one of the happiest days of my life."

"What are you doing? Dad, DAD! I'm choking! I'm choking on the fumes!"

Spydon continued to cause general havoc until the vacation ended.
I get a feeling the Timeless family will not be welcome in France again. Just a small, SMALL feeling.

When the Timeless family got back home, they were able to get a moodlet manager! This thing is a lifesaver and will allow for more skilling!
The Timeless Family: Collective groan

Hey Aries...whatchya got there?
"Oh just the new portrait of Spydon because YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE OTHER ONE."
I..how does someone even-
"-YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY ART."
You know, I think the other one is starting to grow on me.
"It's about time, Watcher! So what do you want me to do with THIS one?"
Burn it with fire.
"How DARE-"

-Anyways, Spydon was able to uh, level up his spell-casting skill again!
He wanted to cast the haunting curse on a few people, so it was time to terrorize the citizens of Lucky Palms.
"Hey! I'm floating!"

"Aww, heck yeah! I always wanted my own personal ghost!"
"It's a CURSE, lady."
"A curse? This a blessing!"

Spydon decided to pay no attention to that woman's happiness and went on cursing the rest of the townsfolk.

The ghosts appreciated his hard work.

Just a quick update on the fish; they are alive! I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but Beatrice the Deathfish has joined the family. She has a little tombstone in her bowl and everything.

At this point I was getting pretty desperate to have Spydon reach level ten of the spell-casting skill and it hadn't occurred to me yet that I should just have Hera and him duel.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Uh dad-"
"Not now, sweetheart. I have to break all these sinks!"
"You could just duel with me, dad!"
"What?"
"I'm going to go work on my spell-casting skill. Don't get yourself killed or the zombies will eat your flesh and that will be unpleasant for me to deal with."
"What?"
"Nothing."

I would like to introduce you all to one of the more normal members of the house; Arius. He doesn't get a lot of screen time along with his brother because he's uh...normal.
"Thanks, Watcher! I sure do love painting!"
See what I mean? He doesn't even argue with me.

"What are you up to, Spydon?"
"Nothing."
"If you turn me into a frog, the Watcher won't be able to save you."
"Love you too, Aries."

I love Aries. Just look at her expression. She knows EXACTLY what her love of her life tolerable equal has been up to.
In reality, he just ended up casting a luck charm on her. He had the wish and I saved it.

"Yes, yes it's working. IT'S WORKING!"
Awww, I wanted it to be a poison apple.
"Well it's not going to happen, so get used to it."
The sass is strong in this one.

Hera has really taken a liking to magic. Can you guys guess what her LTW might be?
On another note, Aries is nearly best friends with all of her kids. Isn't that crazy???

Awww, that's cute, Hera!
"I summoned a cookie? A COOKIE?"

"This is an unsettling feeling"
You're aging up!

"Does this mean I'm going to be heiress now?"
Yes.
"Excellent."

With that, Hera gains the born saleswoman trait. It is, without a doubt, one of the most useless traits. She takes after her father with her Lifetime Wish to become a Zombie Master. Oh, and she's gorgeous.

That's the end of generation one! I'll be seeing you guys in the next generation!
Bye!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 1.9 - She Takes After Her Father
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2019, 04:57:00 AM »
Oh my WOW! Hera is beautiful! Sorry, Aries, you have been overshadowed by the purple perfection that is your daughter. The torch has been passed...

On another note: Aridon is such a cute ship!!! They are so freaking adorable together! I kind of like to think of this challenge as being Aries' reward for doing well in the Sisters'challenge lol

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 06:52:45 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS! You got through a whole generation, and no-one burned anything down! I'm shocked and impressed.(Not because of yo, but because the combination of Aries and Spydon seems like such a disaster, but! It works! Two disasters make harmony?)

Super excited to see how the next generation turns out! The Zombie Master wish is really, really difficult. Your best bet might be to buy Zombification potions from the elxir store, or brew them yourself. The spell is learned from a recipe, and it's a level nine potion, (Zombification potions don't count, only potent ones,) and rhinoceros beetles are hard to get ahold of, but it might actually be faster than leveling up the pesky spell skill.

Good luck!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2019, 03:41:50 PM »
Oh my WOW! Hera is beautiful! Sorry, Aries, you have been overshadowed by the purple perfection that is your daughter. The torch has been passed...

On another note: Aridon is such a cute ship!!! They are so freaking adorable together! I kind of like to think of this challenge as being Aries' reward for doing well in the Sisters'challenge lol

She is gorgeous, though Aries will still be kicking around don't you worry!

I know right?? The two went together so much better than I thought they would! I love their dynamic.
 Awwww, I can definitely see that!

CONGRATULATIONS! You got through a whole generation, and no-one burned anything down! I'm shocked and impressed.(Not because of yo, but because the combination of Aries and Spydon seems like such a disaster, but! It works! Two disasters make harmony?)

Super excited to see how the next generation turns out! The Zombie Master wish is really, really difficult. Your best bet might be to buy Zombification potions from the elxir store, or brew them yourself. The spell is learned from a recipe, and it's a level nine potion, (Zombification potions don't count, only potent ones,) and rhinoceros beetles are hard to get ahold of, but it might actually be faster than leveling up the pesky spell skill.

Good luck!

I am as surprised as you are. I can't believe it actually just worked out!

Awww, thank you!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you for the wonderful tips as always!  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty Score Count
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2019, 03:56:12 PM »
Just posting this here for future reference.  ;D

Rules I'm Following: The Short Dynasty Rules by Cndneh

Extra Rules:

- Extra bonus points for sculptures and portraits of family members (inside the household, part of the mainline).
- Edit town is not off limits in dire circumstances.
- The next heir is the first child who inherits Spydon’s (purple) eye color.

Generation 1 - Spydon Timeless

Mother of Heiress - Aries Amarantha
Other Children - Arius and Ace Timeless

+1 for maxing gardening
+1 for child
+1 for maxing photography
+1 for maxing nectar making
+1 for child
+1 for child
+1 for maxing handiness
+1 for maxing guitar
+1 for maxing handiness
+1 for maxing logic

+1 for portrait
+1 for portrait
+1 for portrait
+1 for portrait

Generation Total: 18
Vacation Days Used: 9

Generation 2 - Hera Timeless

Father of Heiress - Cedrick Hudson
Other Children - Anastos and Dionne Timeless

+1 for maxing gardening
+1 for maxing cooking
+1 for maxing guitar
+1 for maxing fishing
+1 for maxing gardening
+1 for maxing logic
+1 for maxing writing
+1 for maxing martial arts
+1 for maxing painting
+1 for completing Lifetime Wish
+1 for completing Lifetime Wish
+1 for maxing cooking
+1 for child
+1 for maxing handiness
+1 for medium gravestone
+1 for maxing cooking
+1 for maxing logic
+1 for maxing handiness
+1 for maxing alchemy
+1 for medium tombstone
+1 for maxing writing
+1 for maxing guitar
+1 for maxing logic
+1 for maxing gardening
+1 for maxing alchemy
+1 for maxing painting
+1 for maxing painting
+1 for maxing fishing
+1 for maxing gardening
+1 for maxing logic
+1 for level ten of career
+1 for medium tombstone
+1 for maxing sculpting
+1 for child
+1 for child

+1 for portrait
+1 for portrait
+1 for portrait
+1 for sculpture
+1 for portrait
+1 for sculpture
+1 for sculpture

-1 for Ace's fertility treatment

Generation Total: 50
Vacation Days Used: 9

Generation 3 - Hestia Timeless

Father of Heir(ess) -
Other Children -

Properties Bought: The Timeless Graveyard
Property Score: 1

Total Points: 69 (As of Generation 2)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.1 - Sanity Is Key
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »
Welcome to the Timeless Short Dynasty, generation two! Now I have played through a large chunk of this generation and you guys have no idea, NO IDEA what's in store. This generation is one big "wait, THAT can happen?" It was for me at least. So as this is a new generation, we got some extra information to get out of the way!
First, I created a family tree that can be found here. I also finally created a post with the current score that can be found here. The way I sort the points is all points collected by members before an heir or heiress reaches the age of young adult go under that previous generation. This includes any points the spares have contributed. All portraits and sculptures of family members are added on separately underneath the current generation. While editing photos for Hera's generation, I noticed that I wrote that Spydon has the Master Romancer Lifetime Wish instead of the Zombie Master Lifetime Wish. This is wrong and I went back and fixed it. He hasn't completed the lifetime wish yet, but when he does, it will go count for Hera's generation. Alright, time to get this ball rolling!

I just want to remind you all what Hera's wonderful traits are and the lifetime wish she has, so I whipped this up in Gimp real quick.

This picture took a little, LITTLE longer. I'm super proud of it though I do want to clarify I didn't create the smoke effect. I used a brush especially made for it.

Here's the other picture I made for Hera's generation because I was having too much fun in Gimp.
Alright, time to pick up where we left off!

It wasn't just Hera's birthday, but the twin's too!
Arius aged up first even though he wasn't born first which will forever confuse me.

He gained the socially-awkward trait to add to genius, couch potato, and artistic. I added red streaks to his hair because it's his favorite color. The hairstyle he has shows it a lot.
Arius may not be an Aries clone? He may have Spydon's face shape but I can't really tell. I want to say yes.

Ace aged up with the bot-fan trait to add to brave, virtuoso, and perceptive. There is no doubt in my mind that he is completely an Aries clone.

Spydon made this absolutely gorgeous painting I have never seen before. I love it.

Keep on painting! Time is of the essence!
"It's almost like it's a Short Dynasty, Watcher."
Glad to see you haven't lost your sass in your old age, Spydon.

Hera is working on reaching level three of the spell-casting spell so that can she duel with Spydon nonstop. They are both going to duel with each other until they reach level ten and then cause general havoc to my poor save as they bring twenty sims back to life. It's as messy as it sounds in theory, trust me.

Arius got a small break from painting to go and meet potential spouses for Hera. Yay!
"Yay. I'm so excited."
This one stood out to me. Usually my sims gravitate towards certain others in game and their spouse falls into my lap but NOT IN THIS CASE. Hera's stellar personality is not sim-friendly. Still, an effort must be made.

Speaking of Hera, she finally reached level three of the spell-casting skill and the dueling began!
"DAD THAT'S NOT FAIR."
"Magic isn't fair, Hera. One day you're turning someone into a toad and the next you're accidentally burning your house down."
"That sounds like a BLAST either way."
"My child...did you just a make a pun?"
It was at that moment Spydon was the proudest he'll ever be of Hera.
Ever.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end because everyone had to attend Hera's graduation.
"I'm too young to be the mother of you, Hera!"
"Are you disowning me then?"
"I'm disowning your age."
"............."
"................."
"What?"
When the insane sim questions something, you know that means it's madness.

Awwww, Hera's classmates know her so well!
"They're just offended because I threw a party and didn't invite anyone but myself. Losers."

I have no idea why Spydon and Arius are laughing at this poor guy. He looks so sad. :(

Whatever they have against them, this guy has a CARDINAL.
A CARDINAL.
I didn't even know Cardinals were in the Sims 3?

I had Hera rush over to meet him and no hearts sadly. I still had her give it a shot though because...that bird. I need that bird in my life.
"So do you have any redeeming qualities about yourself except having a bird my Watcher wants? No? Okay then."
"I don't even know you...?"

"I'm not marrying you for your bird!"
"Are you insane?"
"Yes."
So I guess that's that and bird guy and his cardinal will not be joining the household. :(

Thankfully, Hera met another guy! He's pretty cute.
"NO."
Hera, why?
"You'll see. You'll ALL see."

I had them talk and...their traits are exact opposites. Hera started insulting him automatically and rolled wishes to continue to do so.

This led to them being attracted to each other, naturally.

"Let's be friends. I'll visit your house and...when you're not looking, cast a little spell!"
"What?"
"Fire blast, fool."
Hera, no. You are NOT murdering this man.
"Hera, yes."
"Who are you talking to?"
So Hera quite literally rolled a wish to go to his house after rolling several wishes to be mean to him like I mentioned. As I want this short dynasty to be (slightly) sane, this guy will not be joining the household.

On that note, the first chapter of generation two comes to an end! Bye guys!

Offline Trident

• Occult
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.1 - Sanity Is Key
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 12:04:32 AM »
Would I marry a guy for his bird? Absolutely.

(Congrats on the spell-casting! It's always been a hassle for me).

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 06:04:51 AM »
OMG! She is so freaking perfect!!! I'm in love *heart farts all over the place*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »
Would I marry a guy for his bird? Absolutely.

(Congrats on the spell-casting! It's always been a hassle for me).

I would do the same thing. Especially a bird that is tamed so well that you can carry it around in public? Yes please.
Thank you!  ;D

OMG! She is so freaking perfect!!! I'm in love *heart farts all over the place*

I'm glad you love Hera so much! She's fun to write. I rarely have sims with the mean-spirited trait.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.2 - Opposites Attract?
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »
Welcome back! Last time spouse hunting went horribly and Hera was plotting the murder of somebody. Yay? Can it get crazier? Yes.

"Oh, hey! It's my friend! Hey, Cedrick!"
Wait, you have a friend?
"Of course I do. I have many friends. You just can't see them and you don't bother to check the relationship panel."
Holy crap, you're right!

Cue the goofy faces from both of them. Cedrick is also is a good-looking sim, though this isn't the best picture of him.
"YOU TAKE THAT BACK."
No.

For the sake of everyone and Hera not stabbing me, these two seem smitten with each other already.
Awwww.
It only took a few interactions until he was ready to move in....all interactions I didn't record. *Shakes fist at past self*

Cedrick also brought a puppy with him! I named her Hattie Timeless and she's fantastic. Her traits are non-destructive, neat, and genius. This dog has some of the best traits ever.

Cedrick, you might ask? Well after getting a makeover, I took a peek at his traits. His traits are neurotic, good, bookworm, light sleeper, and nurturing.
He's...the opposite of Hera. The exact opposite.
"Is that okay, strange voice I'm now hearing?"
I really just don't know what to make of this.
His Lifetime Wish is also Animal Rescuer which is not happening. He's in the medical career though so the plan is that he will reach the top of that instead of completing his lifetime wish.
"Oh...okay?"
Just roll with it.

On another note, I took this gorgeous picture of Ace. This, THIS is the type of picture I would try to take when I wrote plot-driven sim stories.

"Uh hello! Focus on me! The sim with the best genetics!"
Good to see that Aries's gene of "needing the spotlight on her at all times" is going strong.

You know what I don't miss about writing plot-driven sim stories though? Worrying about hair clipping.
"Fix it! Fix it, Watcher!"
Nah. Deal with it. 8)

Hattie is absolutely adorable. It's been so long since I have had a puppy in game! Look at her little hop! Look at it!

Here's another picture of Ace because...I took it and forgot why I did.
"Is it because I really like pancakes?"
I don't think so? I just wish I could remember.

Here's the last picture of Aries as an adult before she turns into an elder.
"I turn into a WHAT?"

The sparkles have begun!
"NO, NO! I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS! I DIDN'T SIGN UP TO BE OLD!"

"Well I mean..."
"HAHAHA! YOU'RE OLD NOW! MY MOM IS OLD!"
"We can be old together, Aries!"

"Fix this, Watcher."
I can't.
"Ugh."

Spydon still looks at her like she's the most beautiful person he has ever seen though.
Oh, Spydon.

Hera and Spydon were back to dueling once Aries aged up. Spydon wins some duels and Hera wins some.

I think winning or losing the duel is up to random chance. Spydon has the highest spell-casting level out of the two of him, and he loses his fair share of duels.

Here's another picture of little Hattie. <3

Cedrick spends his time working on maxing his logic skill for the medical career.

Well, that's the end of this chapter. Bye guys!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.2 - Opposites Attract?
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »
What ever pictures you do or don't remember to take, well, it really doesn't matter because there are cute puppy pictures.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.2 - Opposites Attract?
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »
What ever pictures you do or don't remember to take, well, it really doesn't matter because there are cute puppy pictures.

Hahaha, that is is the most important thing of all! I absolutely adore Hattie.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.3 - Poor Fishes
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
Welcome back! In the last chapter, Aries aged up to an elder and Cedrick joined the household along with adorable Hattie.

I absolutely love the dueling interaction. The effects are stunning, even if they don't always line up perfectly. All Spydon and Hera do is duel. I've completely given up on having them do anything else.

Arius and Aries spend the majority of their time painting. They only stop painting to take care of their needs and go to work or school.
"We're basically slaves!"
It's a short dynasty, Aries.
"You take away my youth and now THIS?"
Oh, Aries.

Everyone was busy skilling and the fish hadn't been fed for a while and...
No.

Noooo! Poor fish! They were too young! The only one to survive was Beatrice the Deathfish. :(
I have the inconvenient power of being able to kill off all fish, even those that are digital. The only fish that survive my accidental wrath are the digital fish inside the digital game. How?

"So the Watcher managed to kill off all our fish."
Hey! It wasn't all of them! Just the large majority!
"You seem surprised, Arius."
"I'm not surprised, I'm disappointed."
That's cold. Stone cold.

At that moment, I decided it was time for a vacation and whisked Hera, Cedrick, Spydon, and Aries away to China. The twins stayed at home because there was no point in them going.

Spydon was off to complete the opportunity chain he had started way back in generation one, Aries was going to skill, and Cedrick and Hera?
It was time to get this romance started.

One heat of the moment kiss and...

...rejection?
"Rejection?"

"You can't just kiss someone you just met, Hera!"
"What? You live in my house."
"Yeah, but we're just roommates and I wanted to give my dog a better life!"
"Are you nuts?"
"Look, it's just a little soon, okay? We're only friends, not best friends, you know?"
"Oh."
Well I didn't see that coming. Also...just roommates? You have got to be kidding me. He can't be that dense, right?

So it turns out that Spydon has to reach level ten of the martial arts skill to complete "the next step in the opportunity."
Screaming noises
He's already at 87% of the way to getting a level three visa at this point. This is ridiculous.

On a happier note, things seemed to be progressing better for Cedrick and Hera….

...much better.

"It's about time you realized I'm the best you are ever going to get."
"It just took me a bit."

These two are strangely adorable together. I like how Cedrick balances Hera out.

Cedrick and Hera also popped wishes to go steady, and so I made it happen. It only took Aries and Spydon seven, seven chapters to go steady, so I'm a bit surprised Hera wanted to go steady so quickly.
"Hey! I'm not my parents. I love my dad...and my mom too, but I'm not them."
Yeah, yeah.

Hera then went into the base camp and helped Cedrick with his logic skill.

That's all for this chapter! Bye guys!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.4 - An Electrifying Chapter
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »
Hi guys! In the last chapter the fish died, Cedrick and Hera went steady, and now Spydon has to max martial arts for a crazy opportunity chain that I should have not accepted in the first place.

Spydon is surprisingly doing well.
"Thanks for the note of confidence, Watcher."

I have never been more stressed by an opportunity in my life.
"WHY DO YOU HATE ME? WHY?"

Spydon still continued on, time after time. He only stopped when the game forced him to. One zap from the moodlet manager, and he was back to learning martial arts.
"I hate life..."
...and I hate this opportunity.

Things could be going worse, but they aren't and that's the good thing here. Also, fall is gorgeous in China.

Aries joined in in helping Spydon train!
"The Watcher forced me to."
She's such a loving girlfriend.

They ended up sparring for hours on end while I just pushed the fast-forward button as many times as I could.

Meanwhile, Hera and Cedrick were-okay, I admit to not focusing on them. Hera worked her...handiness skill?

She also told ghost stories in her free time.
"...and he was struck by lightning!"
He was struck by lightning?

HOLY CRAP, SPYDON? SPYDON?
"World going dark..."
SPYDON? WHAT?
So, Spydon got struck by lightning and survived. That's a thing. I...I don't know what to say.

The moodlet manager solves everything though?
"You're insane, woman. INSANE."
Yeah, yeah just max the martial arts skill and please don't get struck by lightning again.
"Hmph."

Spydon finally maxed martial arts! The best thing is that this stupid opportunity chain must be d-

-you're kidding me. YOU'RE KIDDING ME.
I tried to set up the first martial arts fight, but it just wasn't worth it. Spydon was already at visa level three so it was time to buy a house.

"Just give me whatever works and screams 'my Watcher is going to have to renovate this.'"

I'm definitely going to have renovate this house. It's not bad at all, I just felt too lazy to build and the household funds were low after buying it. I'll worry about it the next time the Timeless family goes on vacation.

Cedrick and Hera tried for a baby with the few remaining hours of their vacation and chimes were heard! Is the generation three heir/heiress coming into play soon, perhaps?

The Timeless family were glad to be back home, some more than others.
"Heck yeah! I get to be the main focus again!"

I didn't record this fish's name, but he joined the household. Let's just call him...Jim. Jim the Salamander.

Spydon finally finished Aries's portrait and I think it looks great.
"Thanks, Watcher."

Feeling a bit queasy there, Hera?
"I'm regretting my life choices."

Uh..Aries?
"Shush now, Watcher. I'm talking to my boss."
I can't breathe. The unicorn horn is a nice touch. Why did the game decide that was a work appropriate outfit? Wait, why do I have that in my game? Why?

Arius is painting as usual.
"Yay. Go me."

On a more exciting note, Hattie is aging up!

She's still adorable, just a bit older now.

She's such a good dog.

Hera is pregnant! "I'm surprised," said no one ever.

Well, I'm at the picture limit! Bye guys! See you next time!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.5 - The Monster Mash
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 04:56:20 PM »
Hello there! I'm so obsessed with this challenge it isn't even funny anymore. I was going to work on my other challenge but...here I am. Anyways,  I'm posting this chapter only a day later than the previous two, so no recap this time.

Awwww! Cedrick and Hera are absolutely adorable together and it seems like a wedding will be in the future!

With one last duel, Spydon and Hera have officially maxed the spell-casting spell! I have no plans on doing the Zombie Master Lifetime Wish again, at least not for a few more generations.

Before raising the dead can begin, two birthdays have to take place!

"I'm going to be free! Freedom!"

"I'm still going to be stuck here."

Ace aged up with eccentric trait to add to brave, virtuoso, perceptive, and bot-fan. His Lifetime Wish is to become a Hit Movie Composer.

Aries aged up with the bookworm trait to add to genius, couch potato, artistic, and socially awkward. His Lifetime Wish is to become an Illustrious Author. He'll definitely be able to complete it because he's going to be chained to the easel.

Now as for Ace...GET OUT.
"I can really feel the love, Watcher."
I adore you, Ace. I really do. Just make sure to have adorable babies.
"I...don't know how to respond to that."

Aries finished Ace's portrait and it looks good for once!
"YOU CAN'T RUSH ART, WATCHER. YOU CAN'T RUSH IT."

Hey guys, what's with the screaming?

Oh.

To keep Spydon from screaming while Hera was in labor, I sent him to the cemetery to start raising the dead and to grab any tombstones he could find.

"MUWAHAHAHA!"

Yay for bringing back dead townies?
Raiding the mausoleum turned out to be pretty productive as Spydon was able to grab 15+ tombstones. Not a sentence I thought I would ever write, but hey.

Oh and Anastos Timeless was born with the disciplined and good traits. His favorites are red, vegetarian grilled salmon, and R&B music. He's not the heir as I checked in CAS.
"You could still be happier I just gave birth to my son."
I only wanted one child this generation. Now you have to least have two.
"Well, boo. You aren't the one who just gave birth. I don't care what you think."
Touché.

It's time to complete Spydon's Lifetime Wish and then Hera's!

We did it everyone! Holy crap, we did it!

So this is....a thing? If you have a ton of zombies on your lot, they start dancing?
They did the mash. They did the monster mash. The monster mash. It was a graveyard smash.

Hera helped add to the party.

My game nearly died but I couldn't stop laughing.
They did the mash. It caught on in a flash. They did the mash. They did the monster mash.

Sadly, all parties must come to an end. Luckily Hera completed her Lifetime Wish though?

The only problem was the zombies started wandering into the house which meant I had to reset the lot.

My game didn't crash, but poor Anastos ended up buried in the snow.

That's the picture limit! Bye guys!

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.5 - The Monster Mash
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 05:30:30 PM »
The Monster Mash! I love it. It fit with your story so perfectly. It will be running through my head for days to come with pictures of zombies, but what a hoot! And even if Anastos isn't heir, I can't wait to see him age to toddler. Your sims are so gorgeous!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.5 - The Monster Mash
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »
The Monster Mash! I love it. It fit with your story so perfectly. It will be running through my head for days to come with pictures of zombies, but what a hoot! And even if Anastos isn't heir, I can't wait to see him age to toddler. Your sims are so gorgeous!

Hahaha, thank you! I couldn't believe it when the zombies started dancing. They had a stereo and everything. It was nuts!
Anastos is a cute toddler. He doesn't get a lot of attention though, poor kid.  :'(
Thank you so much! My game is slowly dying from CC, but it's worth it!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.6 - The Multiple Proposals
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2019, 06:47:04 PM »
Hi guys! I have yet another chapter for today! My plan was to get this chapter up two weeks from now, but why wait? I'm having too much fun writing these chapters.

ACE YOU HAD ONE JOB.
Hopefully it doesn't last that long...right? Right?

"What a surprisingly cute zucchini I have given birth to."
That's a baby, but he is pretty cute.
"OH, NOW YOU LIKE HIM."
HE'S GROWING ON ME.

Speaking of babies...a heir/heiress is still required and Cedrick and Hera got right to work on making one.

After that, Cedrick had an important question to ask Hera.
"Hera Timeless, will you marry me?"

"Lol, no."
"...sugarplum?"
What? You both want to marry each other. What?
"You still have another love interest, Cedrick."
"I do?"
You do?

I had Hera start learning alchemy while I had Cedrick meet his old love interest to break up with her.

"Yeah...this isn't going to work out."
"I understand. I'm pregnant and married anyways."
"You know, I didn't notice!"
Awwww. That's nice of him. Hopefully he means that he didn't notice she was pregnant...not that she was married.

Cedrick then rushed home to make things right with Hera. These two have a weird relationship. I feel bad for Cedrick, but Hera does love him in her insane, mean-spirited way.

Aries painted a portrait of Arius that was...nice.
"Yes, it is NICE."
It looks like his eyes are on fire.
"SYMBOLISM."
Alright, I'll accept that answer.

It's time for Hera and Cedrick to age up!

"Wait...I'm aging up too?"
Yes.

Cedrick, thankfully, didn't have a mid-life crisis. After he aged up, it was Hera's turn.

Spydon doesn't seem to care. All he wanted to do was nap in the background.

Hera also aged up without a mid-life crisis. I changed her hair and now looking back...I really, really don't like it. I don't change it for another two chapters though.

No chimes were heard last time Hera and Cedrick tried for a baby, so they tried for one again. Luckily, chimes were heard this time!
Poor Spydon was just rocking in the background, trying desperately not to hear anything.

After that, it was time for Hera to pop an important question.
"Will you marry me? Not me marry you, but you marry me."

"I have a pretty ring for you and everything."

"Why didn't you ask sooner? Yes! Yes!"
...well these two are weird, but at least they are happy.

On a sadder note, Jim the Salamander died. RIP Jim. :(

In this picture, Hera is gardening. I don't know why. I don't even remember taking this picture.

Aries finished Hera's portrait and it turned out fantastic!
"Of course it did, Watcher! I'M the artist here."

With that, I leave you guys. Bye!

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.6 - The Multiple Proposals
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 09:16:57 PM »
Cedrick's life IS weird but he got custody of the dog which counts the most.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.6 - The Multiple Proposals
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2019, 11:49:43 AM »
Cedrick's life IS weird but he got custody of the dog which counts the most.

It really is! His whole character can be summed up with "I wanted to give my dog a better life!" He probably deals with Hera's antics because of it.  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.7 - I'm Speechless
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »
Welcome back everyone! This chapter is a train wreck, so just a heads-up.

"Hahaha, I'm floating. Ah sh-"
-Spydon lived a long life. He reached the end of his life bar a few days ago.

RIP Spydon. :'(

"Hey! You're not allowed to die! I didn't say you could!"

Poor Aries.  :(
I'm sorry dear, he reached the end of his lifespan.

"SIKE."
SPYDON. SPYDON. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?
"You forced me to garden to keep me busy and never checked my inventory! I'M LIVING, WATCHER."

"What a gorgeous flower. You know...I'll get you later, Spydon Timeless. You sims drop dead in short dynasties every ten minutes. I haven't felt very APPRECIATED, you know?"
SPYDON YOU BROKE THE RULES.
"It's not specifically mentioned in the rules."

This has never happened to me before. What?

"I can't believe my father is dead!"
"He was the only person who talked to me when I was painting."
HE'S NOT DEAD. GET BACK TO SKILLING.
DARN YOU, SPYDON.

As Spydon just escaped death, he decided to woohoo with Aries.
So...I'm just going to make sure this never happens again. I didn't even see a death flower growing in the garden. As this was a mistake, I'm not going to deduct points. This is never something I have had an issue with in my short dynasties.
I won't lie, this just makes me love Spydon more.

"I can't believe I'm getting a break from painting!"
"The Watcher is forcing you to help me max logic."
"I get a break from painting. Call it whatever you want, this is freedom."

Hera is steadily increasing her alchemy skill.

Speaking of things related to magic, Ivan the Koi fish has join the household. I know what you're thinking, "this is just another fish that Mpart is going to accidentally kill." No, this fish is going to live! He's going to live! I'm determined.

In case anyone is wondering, Hattie is still adorable. She has a new collar and everything.

"Wait, now I'M floating?"
Aries, no! No! No!

"I'm back. What a surprise."

"I have lived a surprisingly good life. I found a man I honestly love and I'm best friends with all my kids. It's been weird life."
Aries! I'm not ready for you to go!
"JUST WRITE ME IN THE OTHER STORY THEN."

"Come on. Let's go."
"You have a lot of angry exes waiting for you."
"I'd be disappointed if I didn't."

Spydon didn't handle Aries's death as well as she did.
I think his face says it all.

RIP Aries. Thank you for your sass and for being a surprisingly good mother and girlfriend.

She left a modest medium tombstone to add to her accomplishments.

On another note, Hera is pregnant.

Well, now I'm sad. I'm off to upload more images and write another chapter. Bye guys.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.7 - I'm Speechless
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2019, 01:23:49 PM »
Spydon is such a brat! I guess Aries couldn't stand another second in that saggy elder body.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.7 - I'm Speechless
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2019, 09:00:28 PM »
Spydon is such a brat! I guess Aries couldn't stand another second in that saggy elder body.

He is! When he pulled out that death flower, I automatically pulled up the rules. Luckily things seem to be okay. Yeah. She wasn't a fan of being an elder.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
A lot of things happened last chapter! I would tell you guys this chapter is less chaotic, but then I would be lying.

Beatrice and Ivan are both still alive and are looking happy!

Arius isn't handling Aries's death well.
"She was my best friend!"
Yeah, that's still strange to me. I can't believe Aries was best friends with all her children.

I changed up the house a little. There's now an official kitchen/dining area and more space for skilling objects. It's not gorgeous, but it's practical.

Spydon spends his time taking care of Anastos and gardening. He doesn't smile as much anymore. Grief is a weird thing I suppose.

You have got to be kidding me. This always happens in my short dynasties. Always.

"I'm part of this dynasty now."
The repoman has the Timeless eyes! What are the odds?
Luckily, he didn't steal anything that was irreplaceable. Just a few lights and a rug.

After the repoman left, a random paparazzi died on the yard.
"Good luck, lady. I'm not waiting around for the Grim Reaper to get me quite yet."

The grim reaper did his job and then stuck around to build a snowman.
"It's about enjoying the simple things in life."

10/10 snowman, Grim. It fits the house surprisingly well too.

Fog gathered around Aries's urn, but she didn't come out. :'(

On another note, Anastos aged up! He's an exact clone of his father, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Here's a picture of him screaming while Cedrick is holding him for reference. This chapter is all over the place, isn't it?

He got a start on learning how to walk with help from Hattie.

Hattie was exhausted once she was done helping Anastos learning how to walk. She looks so small. Awwwwwww.

Spydon taught Anastos how to talk because he's got nothing else better to do.
"Hey!"
It's the truth.

Arius still keeps crying over Aries's death. Man, I must not have used the moodlet manager on him.

Hera is ready to pop any minute now!

"YOU JINXED IT, WATCHER. YOU JINXED IT."
Ah, crap.

After a labor that seemed to go on forever, Hestia Timeless was born. Her traits are hates the outdoors and artistic. Her favorites are yellow, tofu dog, and digitunes. She is a witch and since I forgot to mention it, her brother is not. Since Hera is named after a goddess in Greek mythology, every generation the firstborn female will be named after a goddess in a mythology. It won't be strictly just Greek mythology. I'm sure there will be generations where no girl is born and in that case, it won't matter.

Hera wasn't done giving birth yet. She waddled outside and Dione Timeless joined her sister. Her traits are friendly and perceptive. Her favorites are lime, spaghetti with veggie sauce, and latin. She's a witch too.

Now, are either of them the heiress to generation three? Drum roll please! Da-dum-da-dum...
Hestia has perfect genetics. Hestia has perfect genetics. I didn't even attempt to get perfect genetics! Holy crap! Dione also has purple eyes, but as Hestia is born first...she's generation three's heiress. The perfect genetics continue on for another generation and I'm still baffled how that even managed to happen. I remember when I was doing my perfect genetics challenge it was extremely difficult to get perfect genetics. I still can't believe this.

With the generation three heiress born, that's where I leave you guys. Bye!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.9 - Pre-Wedding Insanity
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
Welcome back everyone! Last time the generation three heiress, Hestia, was born along with her twin sister, Dione. Anastos also aged up.

I finally got around to changing Hera's hair.
"IT WAS ABOUT TIME."
Hey, it's not my fault I played ahead ridiculously. It's not like I did it again.
Laughs nervously.

Here's a picture of Hattie because a picture of Hattie is always needed.

Cedrick had an important question to ask Spydon:
"Can I please, please, pretty please, have your blessing to marry your daughter?"

"So...you want to marry my daughter?"
"Yes."

"Really?"
"Yes, yes, absolutely!"

"Well in that case..."

"....you have my blessing. Don't make me regret it."
"Of course not! I'll make sure she's the happiest woman alive!"
"You better."

"I hope I don't regret doing that."
I doubt you will. Cedrick is harmless.
"That's what I'm afraid of."

Aries finally came to visit! ARIES! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!
"Yeah, yeah, I'm dead. Where's Spydon?"

Spydon showed her just how much he missed her, and she returned the gesture.

He wanted to make their relationship official again.

Aries had other plans, however.
"What? No."

"You need to live while you still can, Spydon. Go and break some hearts. It's what I would have done, and it's what I want you to do too."
"You think I can after everything? You're ridiculous, woman."

Awwwwwww. This is why I love these two together. They were the couple that I never expected to work, and yet they surprisingly did.

The wedding begins! It'll be focused on more heavily in the next chapter, but the picture limit makes things a little hectic.
I had Cedrick invite the Grim Reaper because you know...he's basically a family member at this point.
"I appreciate the thought."

Pre-wedding jitters can make anyone a little crazy, but for Hera?
It's a whole different level of insanity.

"You're...digging through your own trash."

"I'm showing you how I'll dispose of you if you tell anyone about this."
The paparazzi took the message to heart.

Hey! Cedrick's brother showed up!
"Please put me in this dynasty, please."
No.

The Grim Reaper left before Hera and Cedrick could get married.
"No one died. No reason for me to stay."
You're a bad sport.

That's the end of this chapter. In the next one, the wedding will take place/be finished and some exciting changes will happen! Bye guys!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.9 - Pre-Wedding Insanity
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »
Grim leaving like an untimely death isn't the hallmark of a good sims wedding? At least it looks like he's a fine painter in his spare time with that apron.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.9 - Pre-Wedding Insanity
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »
Grim leaving like an untimely death isn't the hallmark of a good sims wedding? At least it looks like he's a fine painter in his spare time with that apron.

I know, right? He left right before things got good too. Hahaha, he probably is! I'm surprised he has any free time at all.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.10 - At Least There's Cake
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2019, 09:41:42 PM »
Hello everyone! In the last chapter Cedrick asked for Spydon's blessing, Aries showed up, Hera was...Hera, and the Grim Reaper left before the wedding could begin. I honestly have been trying my best to make sure this generation isn't too long, but so much has happened that I just need to include. Buckle up, this is going to be a long generation!

"GET HERE, SON. THE WEDDING IS STARTING. WE GOT TO GET THEM MARRIED BEFORE HE RUNS."
Ace didn't show up for the actual ceremony. Boo.

Most of the people who were invited to the wedding left. The only two people who stayed were Cedrick's brother and some random pregnant woman. Lucky Palms has also been replaced by mostly pudding sims. It's so early in the dynasty that it's ridiculous. I can't believe Story Progression has failed me.

Now it's finally, FINALLY time for these two to get married.
"With this ring I pledge my undying love."

"With this ring I chain you to me forever. Oh, and I love you."
"Awww. It's so shiny!"

Look at these happy weirdos. This is not a couple that should work, but surprisingly does. Also, if the vows sound familiar, it's because I got inspiration from Corpse Bride...except these vows are less romantic and more disturbing.

Aww, heck yeah. I want large tombstones.
Hattie also showed up to watch the wedding. I love that dog more than I should.

"Great, those two idiots are married now. Where's the cake?"
An important question.

Spydon, what are you doing?
"I'm throwing rice."
At the alchemy shelf?
"Yes."
Whatever makes you happy, I guess.

OH LOOK WHO FINALLY SHOWED UP.
"I had work!"

Apparently Hera confessed to watching Cedrick sleep when I wasn't looking. Yeah, I can see Hera doing that, but why is this interaction even in the game? I get a feeling it's because of Twilight, but I could have lived without it existing.

The important thing was that it was time for cake. Cedrick started crying...probably realizing what he was getting in to.
"I'm just going to pretend he's not doing that."
Yeah, me too.

Cake fixes everything.

Remember that random pregnant lady that was invited to the wedding? Apparently it was time to go into labor.
"This is the PERFECT time to play my guitar."
Ace, no.

"Son, this is NOT the time."
"JUST LOVE ME FATHER."
This wedding is going terribly.

"At least there's cake."
True. At least there's cake.

Cedrick is looking dapper in his tuxedo.
"I can't believe I married the most beautiful woman in the world."
You were crying.
"I married the most beautiful woman in the world."
Sweet gesture, but I'm not sure I believe that's why you were crying.

"Hey Ace, move back in. The Watcher wants to fix your love life."
"Shouldn't we help that woman in labor?"
"Nah, I'm sure she'll figure something out."
The woman did eventually go to the hospital.

Diddy, Ace's cat, moved in when Ace did. I absolutely adore him, and he's on the family tree.

Back to speaking about Ace's love life though. It's horrible. I'm not even sure how he managed to get in the negative with his fiancee.

It was time for him to break up with her.
"Are you sure this is wise?"
Yeah, you guys are skipping town soon anyways.
"We are?"
Yes.
The rules don't really deal with moving towns, but I'm only in generation two and it looks like in order to stay in Lucky Palms and get interesting genetics, the Timeless family will be marrying NPCs. As I don't want that and the most important thing for me in this challenge is to have fun, it's time to move towns.

Cedrick and Hera seem to be back to their normal selves after the wedding. Weddings are stressful, even the best ones.

On that note, it was time for the Timeless family to move.

It's sad to see the first purple house go, but it's time.

I'll see you guys in the next town. Bye guys!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.10 - At Least There's Cake
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2019, 11:20:18 PM »
Yeah I noticed the lack of townie breeding the one time I played on a short lifespan. Wasn't a short dynasty at all, but I ended up starting pregnancies with MasterController, and maybe it's shady rules-wise but good faces must prevail instead!

The world is wide open for them now!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.11 - Back from the Dead
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2019, 05:35:01 PM »
Hi guys! In the last chapter Hera and Cedrick got married, Ace moved back in with Diddy, and the Timeless family left Lucky Palms for good.

The Timeless family has officially moved to Twinbrook! My friend Nevermore recommended it to me and as I haven't played much in it, so it's pretty much a whole new town for me! I moved the Timeless family into a house I built a few years ago and have been dying to use. I redecorated it to fit them too. I know, I know that the rules specify to start on an empty dynasty lot, but this house took me months to build and is perfect for the Timeless family, and they had the money for it.

I'm ridiculously happy with how it turned out. I knocked down a ton of walls.
This is the first floor of the house.

This is the second floor of the house. It's not as heavily decorated as my houses usually are. I wanted to go for practicability.

This is the greenhouse. I put Aries's grave by it because Spydon will likely spend most of his time there. I'll be moving all the graves to a specific lot made for them later.

Everyone settled in surprisingly well. Hattie and Diddy made introductions to one another.

Cedrick took care of the twins.

Hera worked on her alchemy skill. Ace played his guitar and Arius painted, though it's not shown.

Spydon, however? He was working on Ace's love life.
"I'm resurrecting people from the dead."
He's resurrecting people from the dead.

Spydon resurrected Macy Clay from the dead first. She shares two of the same traits as Ace does.

Macy isn't conventionally beautiful, but I love how unique she looks.

It was time for Spydon to resurrect yet another sim.

Next up was Lacy Darer, who looks exactly like Macy Clay.

"I never get any thanks. Hmph."
Thank you, Spydon.
"I don't want thanks from you."

One quick phone call from Spydon and Macy Clay came over. Lacy Darer on the other hand, seems to have disappeared. :(

"He's attractive and from a dynasty family! Woo!"
Well, that's definitely a good sign.

There was no time for a regular whirlwind romance, so a jar of friendship had to do.

"You know...I feel like we are best friends now."
"We are, uh, best friends. You should move in."
"Okay!"

Macy got a makeover which I'm happy with. Her favorite color is grey, so the majority of her outfits are grey.

Her Lifetime Wish is to be a Home Design Hotshot, which will likely will never be completed, but I wanted to give her a good head start skill-wise anyways.

Diddy was busy guarding the fish. It was quite suspicious.

Spydon was being a loving grandfather and managed to befriend Anastos.

It was time for Anastos to age up!

He gained the loves the heat trait to add to disciplined and good. I forgot to add purple to his outfits, but he's only a child for two days. Oh well.

Anyways, that's the end of the chapter! Bye guys.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.10 - At Least There's Cake
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »
Yeah I noticed the lack of townie breeding the one time I played on a short lifespan. Wasn't a short dynasty at all, but I ended up starting pregnancies with MasterController, and maybe it's shady rules-wise but good faces must prevail instead!

The world is wide open for them now!

Ah, what we must do in the name of sim genetics! I didn't think of doing that...hmm.

It is indeed!  ;D

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.11 - Back from the Dead
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2019, 08:49:14 PM »
Resurrecting ghosts is also fair game if you ask me. ;) I adore Macy. She had a life as an undead lesbian in my immortal dynasty (in love with a distant descendant of her supposed ex-husband) and I love every life she gets.

Twinbrook is fun! I can only hope for original townie babies to proliferate but the town performs as well as one can under the stress of a few generations.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2019, 10:26:36 PM »
I just caught up on over a month's worth of posts in this story, and oh how I wish I'd caught up sooner! This story is absolutely bonkers in the best way. I love it so much.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »
NO NO NO!! SO NOT READY FOR THIS EMOTION...
I miss this many chapters... Aries, the most beautiful flame widow of awesomeness, dies. Hera has babies! :o
AND they move into a gorgeous new house. This challenge has everything. Aries, Spydon, and your amazing house designs!
YAY! I got a mention! :D I love Twinbrook so much. Wait... I recognise that lot. I'll have to check my game to make sure, but I think that is on Puddlewick Drive.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2019, 04:50:45 PM »
Resurrecting ghosts is also fair game if you ask me. ;) I adore Macy. She had a life as an undead lesbian in my immortal dynasty (in love with a distant descendant of her supposed ex-husband) and I love every life she gets.

Twinbrook is fun! I can only hope for original townie babies to proliferate but the town performs as well as one can under the stress of a few generations.

Man, I would have loved to see/read that! Macy is a wonderful sim. I love how unique her genetics are.

I hope so too. I should really consider pollinators, but the house is chaotic as it is. Maybe next generation.

I just caught up on over a month's worth of posts in this story, and oh how I wish I'd caught up sooner! This story is absolutely bonkers in the best way. I love it so much.

Awwww! Thank you! The Timeless family is...insane. I love them, but they're nuts and it makes them so much fun to play.

NO NO NO!! SO NOT READY FOR THIS EMOTION...
I miss this many chapters... Aries, the most beautiful flame widow of awesomeness, dies. Hera has babies! :o
AND they move into a gorgeous new house. This challenge has everything. Aries, Spydon, and your amazing house designs!
YAY! I got a mention! :D I love Twinbrook so much. Wait... I recognise that lot. I'll have to check my game to make sure, but I think that is on Puddlewick Drive.

It's been crazy. I did not expect Aries to pass away when she did, but I guess it was her time.  :'(
Aww, thanks Nev! I have played ahead a lot (again) so I hope I can keep the pace going story-wise.
I'm 90% sure that's the lot! It's the one across from the karaoke bar.  ;D

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »
I'm not sure where the Karaoke bar is, as I've never had Ambitions and Showtime installed together. But, if your lot is where the empty six bedroom mansion called Willow Manor usually stands, the Timeless family live opposite the Snowes! :D The Snowes live at 16 Puddlewick Drive. How cool is that? If our Timelesses and Snowes were in the same save, they would be neighbours.

Keep the chapters coming! The more the awesomer.

At least Aries lived a good life with Spydon. :D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2019, 02:00:16 PM »
I'm not sure where the Karaoke bar is, as I've never had Ambitions and Showtime installed together. But, if your lot is where the empty six bedroom mansion called Willow Manor usually stands, the Timeless family live opposite the Snowes! :D The Snowes live at 16 Puddlewick Drive. How cool is that? If our Timelesses and Snowes were in the same save, they would be neighbours.

Keep the chapters coming! The more the awesomer.

At least Aries lived a good life with Spydon. :D

It is! Man, can you imagine them as neighbors? I can just imagine Spydon and Jareth trying to outdo each other on crazy schemes while Aries laughs manically and Wilhemnia looks on, concerned. It would be hilarious!

Absolutely!

She did. She was extremely happy all the time. It wasn't what I expected, but it was heartwarming.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
I missed so much, let's run down the list;

-Jim is my favorite character
-Hattie is my favorite character
-Jim is dead, rest in peace
-Spydon!! Yes!!
-Aries!! No!!
-Generation three can't even talk yet and they're already shaping up to be something special. Oh man. Mpart, your Sims always manage to be deliciously entertaining.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2019, 04:40:31 PM »
I missed so much, let's run down the list;

-Jim is my favorite character
-Hattie is my favorite character
-Jim is dead, rest in peace
-Spydon!! Yes!!
-Aries!! No!!
-Generation three can't even talk yet and they're already shaping up to be something special. Oh man. Mpart, your Sims always manage to be deliciously entertaining.

This comment made me burst out laughing. It's beautiful.

Jim was the true hero of this dynasty. He only lived for three or four days, but he impacted so many lives.
Hattie is adorable. When the rest are too crazy, I just go check on Hattie. It's wonderful.
Ah, that chapter. I think that's the only accurate way to sum it up. XD
Why thank you! I tend to get bored easily and that makes things more interesting. Heh.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.12 - Say Please
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »
It's been a while since a chapter has been posted and I have two words to explain why: baby birds. They are my pride and joy and are the definition of chaos.
Anyways, last chapter the Timeless family moved to Twinbrook, Spydon brought Macy Clay and Lacy Darer back from the dead, Macy moved in, and Anastos aged up.

I was experiencing a bit of lag, so I decided to reset the town. My game wouldn't be able to function without NRaas mods, I swear.

It was time for operation Ace-Get-Out-But-Have-A-Good-Love-Life-And-Give-Me-Babies to enter the next phase.

Macy seemed to agree, thankfully.
"Why the long mission name, strange voice in the sky?"
There isn't really a way to sum it up.
"Ah."

I'm just happy things went surprisingly well.

One more kiss and Macy and Ace went steady.
Now, get out.
"Thanks...?"
You're welcome, Ace. You can visit any time.
"Wow, thank you. That was surprisingly nice-"
-you just have to bring Macey along.

Ace arranged for them to move into their new home as I reread the rules and realized I had made a little, little mistake.
You see, I gave Ace fertility treatment in hopes that Story Progression would give him a big family. That specific reward is banned for obvious reasons and I should have known better. Since it isn't a mistake in my opinion that I should end this challenge over, and because it was for a spare that moved out versus an heir or heiress, I'm only going to be deducting one point because of it. All in all though, the most important thing for me in this challenge is to have fun, and I am! It's been a blast and I would hate to end it. If anyone thinks it's too lenient, I'll deduct more points.

Hera has taken up sculpting because...that's a thing needed.
"You really don't remember why you made me sculpt, do you?"
Maybe you had a wish about it?
"Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not telling you. Only the turtles in the next door pond know, and they know everything."
It will remain a mystery then.
"Hmph."

Cedrick and Hera are doing well for...Cedrick and Hera. They're smitten with each other and Cedrick hasn't run away yet.
"I'll never run away from my queen."
"Good answer."

The most important birthday took place as Hattie is aging up to an elder!

The sparkles hit, but she still looks the same to me; absolutely and utterly adorable.

Everyone was clapping excitedly for Hattie-as they should-but Arius was the most enthusiastic of them all.
"It's actually because it's my birthday too, Watcher."
Oh.

"Wait! I don't want to become old!"
What do you define as old? You'll only be middle-aged.

"Ugh. I'm different."
You literally didn't change at all. Not even your eyebrows changed.
"I have wrinkles!"
Oh boy, it's midlife crisis time.
"No, no! It's younglife crisis time! YOUNG!"
Sighs.

Cedrick decided to test some experimental medicine out for research purposes. I really don't know how to feel about the size of that pill.

Here's a picture of Hattie because we all need and love her.

The day after Ace and Macy moved out, they got engaged! I'm so happy things are going swimmingly.

Arius also managed to complete his Lifetime Wish when he wasn't freaking out because of his midlife crisis. Things seem to finally be calming down.

Game: You're funny.
RUN SPYDON, RUN!
"THEY'RE ATTACKING ME! THIS IS HOW I DIE!"
You're too old to die! Now RUN!

Spydon made it into the house safely and painted for ten minutes before he started floating.
"Ah sh-"

"Your time has come...unless you got any more flowers. Do you have any more flowers?"
"No. My Watcher won't let me grow them anymore."
"Oh. That's a shame. Into the grave you go, Spydon Timeless."

"Wait! I'm not ready to die!"
"What?"
What?
"I have done nothing but brood and garden after Aries died! She's going to be LIVID!"
"Are you insane? Aries Amarantha has been waiting for you. JUST. GET. IN. THE. GRAVE."
"Say please."
So Grim had enough of Spydon's sass and Spydon was forced into his grave. It may not have been the most graceful of ways to go...or the most dignified, but I get a feeling Aries is proud of him for being so difficult. He also lived an extremely long life when it comes to a short dynasty sim. It was time for him to go.
RIP Spydon. You were one of my favorite founders ever and you likely have a line of ex-girlfriends waiting to kill you again. If I had enough picture space I would throw in some pictures of you in your younger days, but sadly it can not be.

"Boo! This whole family sucks!"
WAY TO BE INSENSITIVE, GRIM.

At least Spydon is back with Aries. :'(

Generation one was a mess. It was a beautiful, chaotic mess. The portraits of Aries and Spydon may be a 6/10 but both of them were a 10/10. Even though Hera has been a heiress for much longer chapter-wise than Spydon, I feel like the era of generation one has officially closed.

That's the end of this chapter! I didn't want to leave it on a sad note, but it was just meant to be. I hope everyone is having a good morning/afternoon/evening! :)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.12 - Say Please
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2019, 01:27:28 PM »
Wait... what is this on my face? ... TEARS!! Oh, Spydon! That was a beautiful passing. (And a little funny with the ex-girlfriends killing him again. XD )

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.12 - Say Please
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2019, 06:25:06 PM »
Wait... what is this on my face? ... TEARS!! Oh, Spydon! That was a beautiful passing. (And a little funny with the ex-girlfriends killing him again. XD )

Writing it was a challenge. He didn't exactly make it easy for me, but I'm glad I was able to do it well. He never made anything easy for me. XD
Thanks for your support, Nev!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.13 - Birthdays and Mayhem
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
Welcome back lovely readers! In the last chapter Macey and Ace became a couple and then promptly moved out. Hattie and Arius aged up, and Spydon died.  :'(

This chapter has a LOT of birthdays. Naturally, we start with Hera's elder birthday.
"My WHAT?"

Your elder birthday. Congratulations!
"I will destroy everything you lo-"
-Yeah, yeah. I've heard it all.

It was then time for the twins's birthdays! Hestia went first. Her favorite color is yellow, but I'm going to try and do more of a golden/purple color scheme.

Dione takes the most after her mother. Her favorite color is green, which works fantastically with purple. Both of the girls are adorable.

It wasn't time for the birthdays to end though. Cedrick's elder birthday was next.
"What are these sparkles?"

"Haha, you're old!"
"Darling, you're old too!"

Things could have gone smoother, but they didn't necessarily go badly. Here's Hestia with both of her parents. She's mostly an equal mix of them except Hera's genetics win out a little more than Cedrick's do.

Here's a cute picture of Dione for no other reason than she's being cute. Prepare for the toddler spam!

These two are way too adorable. Way too adorable.

Don't worry everyone, in light of the twins becoming toddlers, Hattie is still getting all the love and attention she could ever need.

She may dig holes in the yard, but she's just trying to be productive like the rest of the household, darn it!

Anastos is also doing well...sort of. He was close to Spydon. I won't lie, he's boring. I know it's harsh, and I feel kind of bad for skipping over him so much, but his childhood is just not interesting at all.
"You don't love me?"
Now I never said that. There's a difference between boring and unlovable. You just happen to fit into the first category.

Hera is taking Spydon's death the hardest.  :'(

Everything sucks right now, but at least this new gnome showed up!
*Throws confetti*

Oh and he's...mourning Spydon and Aries.
Aww.

Also look who aged up is an officially much more interesting! Anastos gained the night owl trait along with disciplined, good, and loves the heat. Still not the most interesting sim, but hey, at least he's not the Cedrick clone I thought he was! He has Hera's face and fabulous hair.
"Gee, does nothing else matter to you except my genetics?"
Yes.

Time to max the logic skill, Anastos!
"I hate you."
No, you lovingly dislike me. There's a difference.
"What? That doesn't make any sense!"
Yeah...that's how things roll around here.

Anastos stopped skilling for a minute which was frustrating....

....because he was getting abducted by aliens.
"Help, Watcher! Help!"
Oh NOW you like me?

While Anastos was getting abducted by aliens, I got a notification from story progression that Ace and Macey had kids!
They had triplets. Wow. Their names are Harmony, Rayne, and Brittany. Not bad names, story progression. Not bad at all.

That's the end of chapter! Bye guys! 

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2019, 08:40:20 PM »
Birthdays, toddlers and babies! Oh my!

Hera old. :O
I'm going to miss her when she is gone, and her awesome insights.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2019, 05:10:29 PM »
So I actually made the same mistake very recently in my short dynasty...I purchased the Fertility Treatment reward for one of my heirs, completely forgetting that it's banned. I decided not to end the dynasty over it because (a) I didn't want to end the dynasty, and anyway, the most important thing is to have fun, as you say, and (b) the treatment didn't even work and my sim only had one baby. I think deducting one point for the mistake is fair.

On a happier note, the twins are completely adorable and I'm excited to see them grow up! I'll also be very curious to see how Ace's triplets turn out.

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2019, 07:27:07 PM »
Wow, elders already. I wasn't prepared! Hestia and Dione are adorable! Anastos is aging up very nicely. SP used Harmony in my Farmacy too for the Dean's youngest daughter, which surprised me as since I've gotten the baby naming mod which lets me choose all the baby names around town, I've barely had to choose any! Go figure. And I used Rayne for my active families' 2nd daughter. So cool that we have some of the same names in our games. :)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2019, 10:22:34 PM »
Birthdays, toddlers and babies! Oh my!

Hera old. :O
I'm going to miss her when she is gone, and her awesome insights.

It's nuts!

Hera is old! It's odd to be honest. Her and Aries being old will always be strange to me.
She does have some interesting insights indeed.  ;)

So I actually made the same mistake very recently in my short dynasty...I purchased the Fertility Treatment reward for one of my heirs, completely forgetting that it's banned. I decided not to end the dynasty over it because (a) I didn't want to end the dynasty, and anyway, the most important thing is to have fun, as you say, and (b) the treatment didn't even work and my sim only had one baby. I think deducting one point for the mistake is fair.

On a happier note, the twins are completely adorable and I'm excited to see them grow up! I'll also be very curious to see how Ace's triplets turn out.

It happens. It's also one of those rewards that is encouraged a lot in other challenges and the rules never specifically say that you automatically fail the challenge if you break a rule. The Four Immortal Sister's Challenge for example, there are several instances where you can fail the challenge and it is directly said. I think the Short Dynasty Challenge was created to be laid-back and having fun is the most important thing. Plus in your case if it didn't even work...I wouldn't deduct points at all. The game treated it like your sims didn't have fertility treatment, and I would do the same. Anyways, that's just my opinion!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow, elders already. I wasn't prepared! Hestia and Dione are adorable! Anastos is aging up very nicely. SP used Harmony in my Farmacy too for the Dean's youngest daughter, which surprised me as since I've gotten the baby naming mod which lets me choose all the baby names around town, I've barely had to choose any! Go figure. And I used Rayne for my active families' 2nd daughter. So cool that we have some of the same names in our games. :)

This chapter was crazy. Nearly everyone aged up! There's a mod that allows you to choose all the baby names around town? Huh, that's neat!
It is cool. What are the odds?  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.14 - Who Knows With Hera?
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2019, 10:39:13 PM »
Hi guys! In the last chapter everyone aged up but Arius, and Anastos got abducted by aliens. Just another normal day in the Timeless household.

I forgot to mention in the last chapter that Hera maxed the alchemy skill! Go Hera!

It's time for birthdays again! These two just aged up, but that's the way of short dynasties I suppose.

Hestia aged up with the vehicle enthusiast trait to add to artistic and hates the outdoors.

Dione gained the eccentric trait to add to friendly and perceptive.

Dione wants to learn the alchemy skill, so she's going to be chained to the alchemy table. Forever.
"Forever?"
Forever.

Hestia is stuck playing chess with Anastos until he maxes it.
"I still hate you, Watcher."
Thanks, Anastos.

Look, Spydon showed up!
"So...how's things going with being dead and all."
"Are you treating my daughter right?"
"Yes sir."
"Then things are going fine."

Dione tried to skip school to work on her alchemy skill and was unsuccessful.
"What are you doing? Your education is important!"
"What? Why? I'm going to be spending the rest of my life skilling!"
Wow. So much sass.

The scolding destroyed their already low relationship. Hera wouldn't even except a hug from Dione.  :(

Hera and Dione both rolled wishes to fix that, so Hera was right on it.

One friendship elixir later and things were much better.
"I'm sorry for skipping school, momma."
"It's okay, little goose. Your sass was almost as good as mine."

"Can I please, please be out of trouble now?"
"Hmm...."

"Please, please, please!"
"Oh, alright. "
Awwww. That was odd, but touching.

Cedrick had an opportunity from work to meet more sims.
That he did.
"She's pretty...."
You're married, buddy.
"...right, right."

Things went a little more smoothly after Cedrick's meeting with the first woman and he completed the opportunity

Luckily for him, Hera never suspected a thing or maybe she did. Who knows with Hera?

The fish all died again. :( RIP Beatrice the Deathfish and Ixon the Koi Fish.

Anastos started learning the sculpting skill. The goal is for him to max it before Hestia becomes a young adult since he has already maxed logic already.

Speaking of Hestia, it's her teenage birthday already!

She gains the unlucky trait to add to hates the outdoors, artistic, and vehicle enthusiast. She's also stunning which seems to be a requirement for all Timeless spawn.

This requirement seems to confuse Hattie as much as it confuses me.

Dione's birthday is next! Man, things sure do fly by in a short dynasty.

Dione gets the loner trait to add to perceptive, friendly, and eccentric. She's perfect for Twinbook and the game has been kind to her. She also reminds me a lot of Aries.

That's all I have for you guys today. I hope you enjoyed it. Bye!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.14 - Who Knows With Hera?
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2019, 02:42:41 PM »
Wow, the girls are drop-dead gorgeous. Dione looks like she popped right out of an '80s chick flick or something.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2019, 09:01:31 PM »
:O Hestia is gorgeous! The Timelesses certainly know how to make beautiful babies.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2019, 03:12:54 PM »
Such beautiful Simmies!

R.I.P. Spydon, you should never keep Aries waiting!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.14 - Who Knows With Hera?
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2019, 11:02:22 PM »
Wow, the girls are drop-dead gorgeous. Dione looks like she popped right out of an '80s chick flick or something.

:O Hestia is gorgeous! The Timelesses certainly know how to make beautiful babies.

When they aged up I was shocked even though I took a peek in CAS when they were born. For all intents and purposes I shouldn't have been shocked, but it's the Timeless genes, I tell you!
I can definitely see Dione in an 80s chick flick. She's got so much character, but it's hard showing with how fast-paced short dynasties are. Her personality will probably come out more once generation three hits.

Such beautiful Simmies!

R.I.P. Spydon, you should never keep Aries waiting!

Thank you!  ;D

He really shouldn't have. She's not the most patient person in the world.  ;)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Welcome back! Chapters may be less frequent for a while.

I can't believe Macey and Ace are having more kids. They have triplets already. Triplets! I shouldn't be complaining though. I love when spares have kids.

I love the faces Hestia makes. She's so expressive, but in a way that is different from Aries and Hera.

She also seems to share Spydon's love of gossip. I miss him so much.  :'(

Arius got invited to a party hosted by Ace.
"Do I have to go in?"
Yes.

The party wasn't a party at all, but more like a desperate plea from Ace to Arius to get him out of this house. The house is waayyyy too small for three toddlers, two adults, and a new baby on the way.

It was time to fix it.
"The Watcher is going to let you and your family move back in for a bit of time. She's got a plan."
"The house is so small and I can never sleep. Never."
"Yeah, yeah she's going to fix it."

Meanwhile Hestia decided to take a nap behind my back when there was skilling to be done!
Hestia, get up.
"Fight me."

Instead of fighting Hestia, I decided to focus on moving Ace's family back in. Diddy had to walk across the whole town because the game is cruel.  :'(

Here's the pictures of Ace's triplets as toddlers that I took for the family tree, and I thought you guys would like to see them. This is Harmony.

Here is Rayne, who has Spydon's hair color!

Last but not least is Brittany, who I absolutely adore.

With a hectic night behind Ace in which I had to juggle too many sims, it was time for him to move out. Again. Luckily, I had a plan this time in getting him a proper house.
"Uh...hi Mr.Racket. My Watcher told me to throw this at you. Please don't kill me."
"What in-"

"-ah, Ace! My new best friend! What do you need, lad?"
"I want to move in with my three kids and heavily pregnant wife."
"Well of course! My home is your home! Wait...this doesn't sound like me."
"Too late now."

As Ace and is family moved out, it was time for a vacation! Of course when the Timeless family got there, my game decided not to work properly.
"I thought we had a house..?"
"We did, Hestia, we did. That's where your father and I-"
"-Nope, nope. I don't want to know."
Let's keep this family-friendly, people. FAMILY-FRIENDLY.
Anyways, apparently the Timeless family lost their vacation house in their move. As I have never heard of this bug, I had to go and get it back with mods.

I wasn't able to get the exact vacation home back for some odd reason, but I was able to get a vacation home for them. I redid the exterior a little bit too. *Throws confetti.*
I have a feeling the neighbors aren't going to be the most ecstatic about it.

It was time for the skilling to commence!

"Hey Watcher, is the ice suppose to turn red and start flashing?"
Probably not Arius, but I'm too lazy to make you start another one. Now sculpt!
"I hate my life."
That's nice, Anastos.

Pretty picture of Hestia because my computer is probably slowly dying on the inside.

Dione spends her time working on her alchemy skill.

Hestia plays chess to work on her logic skill.

Hera paints...weird stuff.
"It's a llama."
I can see that.
"Then why are you acting like it's weird, Watcher? I'm just drawing an animal in it's natural habitat, doing natural things."
I'm going to assume you have never seen a llama before.
"Your point?"
Nevermind.

Dione maxed alchemy and was rewarded by working on maxing her logic skill with Hestia.
"You know, I feel like I should say something sassy here, but I really love skilling."
Sniffles. That's my girl.

Guess who also maxed another skill? Cedrick! Time to work on your fishing skill, buddy!
"It's so cold out here though."
You're fine. You won't freeze to death...probably.

Here's one more picture of Hestia for the road. She reached level nine of the logic skill. I'm telling you guys, tabcasts are the way to go in short dynasties.

That's the picture limit! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Bye.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
Those triplets are adorable! :O
Bwahahaa! Taking over the Racket mansion! XD

Timeless awesomeness as always.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Lol Trip will get a kick out of the Racket Mansion becoming "Timeless" lol

Those triplets are epic! I love this Mpart!!!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Those triplets are adorable! :O
Bwahahaa! Taking over the Racket mansion! XD

Timeless awesomeness as always.

Thank you! Harmony and Rayne seem to favor Macy's genetics while Brittany favors Ace's.
It was the house with the most rooms that I could find. XD I haven't played much in Twinbrook, but so far the Racket's are being quite the characters.

;D

Lol Trip will get a kick out of the Racket Mansion becoming "Timeless" lol

Those triplets are epic! I love this Mpart!!!

Hahaha! Yeah, I can definitely see that! I still haven't decided on Hestia's spouse, so we may have more Racket antics yet.  ;)

Thank you, Magpie!  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.16 - She Was the Best of Them
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »
Hello everyone! Let's dive back into things, shall we?

Okay so, I know you're probably wondering "why are you showing us a bunch of maxed out skills, Mpart?" Well...these are all the skills Hera has maxed out so far. I know it's a lot and the score count for this generation is already 40+ points. You heard me right. I know that never happens in short dynasties and I have never seen someone get that high before in a single generation, so I thought it might need a little proof. This is only Hera's skills and she will be maxing out even more skills before she passes away.  I double checked the points and my sims's panels and yep...it all matches up. I'm telling you, having moodlet managers, tablets, and going on vacations really adds up. It might also help I'm crazy about keeping things orderly and I express that in the sims.
Laughs nervously.
Anyways, I just wanted to show that, and if anyone is skeptical, I'll take more pictures!  ;D It would be completely fine by me, I just don't want you guys to feel like I'm lying to you. I've attempted this challenge more than five times over the years and have learned how to nearly perfect it.

Now that all the technical stuff is out-of-the-way, it was time for everyone to return home. Some were happier about it than others, but in the end, it was time.
"What do you mean 'some were happier than others?' You worked us like slaves!"
YOU'RE NOT EVEN IN THIS PICTURE, ANASTOS. This is a picture that's supposed to show how much Hera and Dione look-alike, not a picture for my sims to argue with me!
"Well I like my version if it better!"
MOVING ON.

Hattie was happy to see the Timeless family was home and was literally bouncing. She's so freakin' adorable.

Hera gets stuck in the garden the moment she got home, as is dynasty custom.
"I'm going to find a death flower."
DON'T YOU DARE.

Cedrick is working on maxing his fishing skill before he kicks the bucket.
"I thought the fish would be bigger."

You know the saying "be careful what you say?" Grim decided to act on it except he didn't take Cedrick. He took darling Hattie!
"I'll take good care of her."
I don't care! She gets taken care of good here! Take Cedrick instead!

"That's not how it works, Watcher."
BOO. BOO!

Hattie lived a long life, but not long enough. She was the light of this generation.  :'(

Cedrick didn't take her death well, which makes me feel really bad for offering him up instead of her.
"Yo-you did what, Watcher?"
Nothing.

On a happier note, look who aged up! Anastos gained the frugal trait to add to disciplined, good, loves the heat, and night owl. His Lifetime Wish is to become CEO of a Mega-Corporation. It's a plausible goal.
"Hey sorry for the broodiness in my teenage years...please don't kill me."
What? Me kill off spares? Never.
"Somehow I doubt that claim."
I feel attacked.

Luckily Hera and Cedrick's relationship is going well. It seems to have gotten better even over the years.

Dionne finally gets to put her eccentric trait to use and work on maxing the inventing skill. Butt fires are coming in the near future. Luckily her crafting table is near the all-in-one bathrooms.

Anastos gets a job in the business career to start working on his Lifetime Wish and to get him out of my hair for a few hours each day.

It's Arius's birthday!
"What? No! I just aged up. I just aged up."
T'is the way of Short Dynasties.

"Ugh, I'm old! Old!"
You are now officially old, yes.
"Nooooo! I do not accept this! I refuse to accept this!'

Instead of ending this chapter with Arius's self-denial about his age, here is a picture of Hera playing with magic and being scary looking. It's beautiful.

Bye everyone! Sorry for switching from the past/present tense so often this chapter, I just seemed to struggle grammar wise this time. If it bothers anyone/if it was noticeable please let me know so I can fix it! Thanks!  ;D

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.16 - She Was the Best of Them
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2019, 05:55:21 PM »
Shane Snowe has a bone to pick with Hera. She's achieved more in her short life than he has in his. XD (Though, to be fair, he has got more than his fair share of distractions with a family like that. Too much time cleaning up their mess, not enough time skilling.)
Seriously though, that is awesome. :O So many skills! You really have perfected this challenge, huh?

NNNOOOOO!!!! NOT HATTIE!!! *cries*

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2019, 12:40:03 PM »
Shane Snowe has a bone to pick with Hera. She's achieved more in her short life than he has in his. XD (Though, to be fair, he has got more than his fair share of distractions with a family like that. Too much time cleaning up their mess, not enough time skilling.)
Seriously though, that is awesome. :O So many skills! You really have perfected this challenge, huh?

NNNOOOOO!!!! NOT HATTIE!!! *cries*

To be fair, Hera is forced to skill and Shane isn't. The fact he enjoys it means more than the amount of skills he has maxed out. Plus, you're not wrong about him constantly cleaning up his family's messes. XD
Thank you! Yeah, I guess it's strange that failing so many times actually helped me out. I'm sure there's a life lesson in that.

I know! I'm devastated.  :'(

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2019, 12:43:21 PM »
Hi guys! I'll be taking a small break from this story as this generation has ended up being much longer than I thought. We're nearly at the end of generation two, but I want to tie it up nicely and not rush it. I'll still be taking a break once this generation is over, but I thought a small one before that would be good too. Bye guys and I will see you soon!

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2019, 01:48:39 AM »
Y'know, I've been thinking about trying a Short dynasty.

Then I saw Hera's skills.

I could never top that. Holy moly. You have my upmost respect, that's insane.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2019, 08:19:08 AM »

Right? It's the kind of stuff you don't even do in a normal legacy.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »

You should! It would be wonderful.
Hahaha, thank you! I didn't mean to intimidate anyone, I just felt like I needed a little proof for when I posted this generation's score, you know? I'm not sure how I even managed it.

Right? It's the kind of stuff you don't even do in a normal legacy.

Thank you! ;D I'm a bit crazy when it comes to trying to collect points.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.17 - She's Just a Little Old Lady
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2019, 01:48:22 PM »
Welcome back, everyone! I'm back from my break and ready to dive back into this story, but first, we have several notifications and additions to the family tree we need to get through. I also have a new grammar program, so my grammar from now on should be improving in this story. Yay!

Anastos maxed out sculpting right after he aged up. He'll be doing everyone's sculptures once Arius passes away.

Speaking of Arius, he completed the skill challenge needed to have ice sculptures last! I was worried he wouldn't complete it in time.

Another thing that happened was Ace aged up and had twins. That's right. Twins. Their names are Tamara and Elena. Not bad, Story Progression. Not bad at all.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows sadly. Diddy, Ace's cat, passed away. Rest in peace Diddy. :'(

With all the notifications and talking about Ace's new kids out of the way, it's time to jump back into the story! Man, I say that a lot.
Hestia has been rolling several wishes to start learning how to paint lately and I finally caved in. If she wants to be chained to the easel, so be it.
"Thanks, Watcher!"

So...at this point I was bored in-game. Dangerously bored. Hera had a wish to go to the festival and I had Anastos go with her since he had a day off before he started work. He met Shark Racket who was carrying little Rayne around. She's in the bottom right corner, in case you guys can't find her in the picture.

Hera had other plans for Anastos's day, however.
"Anastos, this is Lolly. Lolly, this is Anastos. Now I better get going. I'm senile now, you know."
"Mom....?"

"Mom!"

"Oh, I can't hear you. I can't even remember my name. I'm just a helpless little old lady."

If you weren't so scary Hera, maybe people would believe you.
"Hmph, where's the fun in not scaring an octopus or two along the way?"
I have no idea what that means, but okay.

Anastos decided to take his mother's not-so-subtle advice about Lolly. He threw a friendship potion at her to break the ice.

It worked wonderfully.

"Everything is going to plan. Yes, yes."
Well that's not ominous at all

"I'm just a little old lady. Stop questioning me."
You know, the more you say that the less I believe you.
"Bah."

Things are going well for Lolly and Anastos. A little too well.

Hi Ace!
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news Watcher, but you do realize that woman is pregnant...and married?"
Oh. Oh.

Hey Anastos?
"What now, Watcher? I'm wooing my lady friend."
I think we need to talk about that.
"What? Why?"
No reason. No reason at all.
"Then we don't need to talk."
Laughs nervously

Let's see what's going on at the house. Hestia is...smiling? Maybe?
"I don't know what you're trying to do, Hestia, but it's scaring me."
"I'm trying to smile for the camera!"
"Like a mom smile or an actual smile?"
"Ah..."

Hestia is soon back to normal, however, and gets back to painting as Dione whines about her homework to her.

That's the end of the chapter everyone. Don't worry, there will be plenty more Anastos shenanigans next chapter. Bye guys!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.18 - Anastos Destroys His Love Life
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2019, 09:50:48 PM »
Hey guys! I promised you more Anastos shenanigans and I'm going to deliver. You can probably already guess that from the title, but hey, part of the fun is acting like you're surprised, right?

Last chapter, Anastos was missing some key facts about his lady-friend.
"Why does that matter? I think I'm in lov-"
"-woah, woah. You can't just go hugging a married lady! Just because we tried for a baby and spent the last few hours making out, doesn't mean we are anything more than just friends! The indecency!"
"Wait what? I might have a kid with you and you're married?"
Don't worry, Anastos. She is pregnant, but she's not pregnant with YOUR kid.
"H-how does that make it better? How does that make any of this better?"

"Also, our date sucked, Anastos!"
I mean, it can't get any worse, right? It can only get better? Maybe?

Oh look, here's another lady for you, Anastos! She's stable, single, and most importantly, she has townie genetics! Her name is Emerald Greenwood.
"I-I guess. She is pretty..."
That's the spirit!

"Are you pregnant too?"
"Haha, you're super funny!"
I would never advise asking a woman if she's pregnant, but I'm glad it worked in this case? They also share the good trait. This is a match made in heaven.

"I'm going to marry her and have kids with her! Take that Lolly!"
WAIT-

"-oh flowers! They're beautiful, Sapphire!
"My name is Emerald."
"Oh, right."

Spydon is rolling in his grave right now. ROLLING. Aries is probably telling him to shut up and to go get more popcorn before anything more interesting happens.

I love how Lolly just doesn't care at all about any of this.

"No, no, Watcher. I do care. This is my best shot to get into a dynasty family. Hey Anastos, I have my husband you have you're...whatever she is. What about we cheat on both of them? Together?"
"Yeah, that might work."
"Glad you agree with me."

Okay, well, this is happening. Okay. This is fine.

Emerald became angry at Anastos, rightfully so. She accused him of cheating and he dared to shrug it off. I'm dying.

Lolly decided it was best for her to go back to flirting with Anastos. Anastos agreed.

That was the last straw for Emerald.
"Do you care about no one but yourself? It's bad enough you're cheating on me, but do you have to do it in front of me too?"

"We've only been together for an hou-"
"-I don't care! I thought you loved me, Anastos!"

"Woah, woah. Love is a strong word. How about you just calm down-"
-Everyone is just going to have to guess what Emerald said next because I bet it wasn't family-friendly.

At this point Anastos and Emerald weren't exactly on friendly terms, so he got a wish to befriend her again.
Face-palm.

The elixir worked as well it could, but Anastos officially has the cheater's reputation.
Oops.

What's with the stink face, Hera?
"I have a feeling my son is destroying his life."
You may be correct.

Things in the Timeless household are never boring. Just as Anastos was heading home, Dione experienced her first butt fire.

Spydon decided to show up as he wanted to witness the Anastos drama himself in person.
"Wait...it's not happening here yet? Awww."
"Sorry, dad. I know he's your favorite grandchild and everything, but he hasn't filled us in what has happened yet. All Hera does is mutter about it."
"He's not necessarily my favorite. He's just the one I got to know the best before I died."
"Sure dad. Sure."

Speaking of Anastos drama, Lolly is officially pregnant! With her husband's child, but details, details.

Cedrick finally reached the top of his career! Careers are hard for me to have my sims reach the top of, so I'm super proud!

Everyone was proud when Cedrick retired too.
"Congrats dad, you're officially old!'
"Thanks, kids and strange neighbor."

That officially wraps up this chapter! The next one will be the last chapter of this generation. :'( Bye guys!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.18 - Anastos Destroys His Love Life
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2019, 11:04:40 PM »
Lolly confirms that there's at least one original townie spouse for the next generation? It's totally a glimmer of hope because Anastos doesn't seem to miss her. ;)

And I missed this last update but another green girl for Arius!!! <3

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Lolly confirms that there's at least one original townie spouse for the next generation? It's totally a glimmer of hope because Anastos doesn't seem to miss her. ;)

And I missed this last update but another green girl for Arius!!! <3

Maybe. Anastos definitely doesn't miss her. Nope. Not one bit.
She's absolutely adorable! I hope the gene stays for a couple of generations at least.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.19 - The End of a Great Era
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2019, 12:38:42 PM »
Welcome back, everyone! This will be the last chapter of Hera's generation. I will be taking a three-week break. My goal is not to play ahead next generation too much, but it's so easy to do. On that note, let's jump into the last chapter of Hera's generation.

"Darling, I'm feeling awfully...light."
"Just...go back to sleep then. Count the alligators."

"I'm floating though. I never expected retirement to feel like this."
"Wait, are you dying without my permission? You better not be dying without my permission."
"I don't think I get a choice in this."
"Well tell death I said no."

"Death please, please don't make me go. My beautiful wife said no."
"What? This isn't negotiable."
"Hera said no though! You have to listen to her!"
"That isn't the way short dynasties work, pal. Come on now, get in the grave."
I can't believe Grim didn't listen to Hera. That's a first.

RIP Cedrick. You were a good dynasty spouse, even if you were a bit boring. You'll be remembered as helping this generation go down as my most successful one to date. I also don't have enough picture space to show a picture of you when you were younger, but the thought is there.

Hera dealt with her grief in an odd way. She just continued on like normal, doing what the short dynasty required of her. She didn't cry. She just skilled. It was a bit concerning.
"I'm fine, Watcher. Grim is going to have to deal with me soon."
Not too soon though, right?
Right?

Dione's continuous butt fires helped to make the household feel like it was almost back to normal. Almost.

Hera finally got a sculpture of her. I wanted there to be a sculpture for every family member, but for generation two it isn't practical. Her sculpture will be the only one for this generation. Generation three, however, will be a completely different matter.

"Can you believe Grim took Cedrick right after I said no? He said no to me, Arius. Me."
"Well, he is the Grim Reaper."
"Why does that matter? Get me a pointy stick and I'll be better than him at his job any day. Hmph."
Somehow, I don't doubt that.

"I guess it's time to meet that son of-"
-Hera no! No! You're my favorite in the household! You can't die.
"I have things to do, Watcher and you're not going to get in the way of them. Keep an eye on my kids, would you?"

"Even if they are a bit strange."
"Do you want us to cry, mom, or cheer?"
"Dione mom is dying."
"Well mom...what's it going to be?"
"Surprise me, Dione."

"As you wish, mother."
Well, aren't you just disturbing? I like when my sims are a little on the crazy side, but this is even weird for me.
"What? I'm in mourning. Stop judging me."

"Hello, Grim."
"Wait. Crap."
"How is Cedrick doing? How are my parents doing?"
"They are all doing well. No hard feelings, right?"
"We'll see now, won't we?"

Hera Timeless lived a long life and will forever be remembered as one of my favorite sims. She was the perfect generation two heiress and when things got boring, she managed to spice them up.

I didn't really think Spydon and Aries could create a child that had as much personality as them, but they did. Not only was she beautiful, but she was a chaos deity just like Spydon and Aries. As far as generations go, this one exceeded my expectations and then some.

I have no idea how generation three is going to live up to generation one and two. We will see though.

"My mom is dead, but it's my birthday so yay?"

Hestia gains the genius trait to add to hates the outdoors, artistic, and vehicle enthusiast. Her Lifetime Wish is to be Master of the Arts which is going to be pretty tame compared to the Zombie Master Lifetime Wish. I get a feeling generation three is going to be a lot more laid-back than generation one and two were.

"Help! The sparkles are attacking me!"
That's just adulthood, dear.
"Well, I don't want to be an adult then!"

Dione ages up with the rebellious trait which is surprisingly fitting. Her traits now are friendly, perceptive, eccentric, loner, and rebellious. She also continues to mourn in her strange Dione-way.

While the cemetery in the backyard wasn't necessarily bad, it wasn't up to Timeless standards. My good friend @Nevermore decided to build them the most stunning graveyard ever. All Hestia had to do was buy the property, which will count as the last point for generation two.

The graveyard is across the street from the Timeless house and fits them perfectly. There are empty graves for future generations and even some built special sims in mind.

The graveyard even has its own mausoleum! I placed Cedrick's grave on one of the shelves and I think it fits him.

Hattie got a majestic grave with a unicorn that can fit more. I think I'll put Ace's cats on the sides of it.

Aries and Spydon got the most perfect graves for them ever. I think it is obvious which one is Aries's grave. Aries's grave has torches on it and the dramatic flair that she held in life. Spydon's grave is close to hers as I couldn't imagine keeping them apart. Nevermore went all out on the graveyard and I can't say thank you enough.

So you might be wondering, what about Hera's grave? Well, she got this stunning beauty. RIP Hera. :'(
Thank you again Nevermore for making this graveyard! ;D Every chance I get I'll probably be bragging about it.

That is officially the end of generation two. The score count will be updated and linked to this post soon and I will also be updating the family tree. Now, I'll see you guys in three weeks for generation three. Heh. Bye guys!

Edit: You can find the updated score count here.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven.
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Timeless Short Dynasty - Chapter 2.19 - The End of a Great Era
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(
NNNOOOO!!! HERA!! CEDRICK!!
Oh, Dione.... XD

:O Who is this Nevermore you speak of? The creator of this beautiful graveyard!?  ;) ;)
Glad you like it. :D *hug*

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
The graveyard is beautiful and impressive! Kudos to Nevermore for designing such a work of art!
It is painful having one generation move on, but to know they are resting in such splendor befitting each one, it does help ease the pain.

I'm really looking forward to the next gens exploits, laid back as they may be, when you resume the story.
Can't wait to see their children as your sims are just so incredibly gorgeous and you make their personalities come alive! :)

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2019, 06:16:26 PM »
GODSPEED HERA, she was going to have her way with you if her husband dared to disobey orders. >:)

anything