Author Topic: The Kaufman Life State Dynasty - May 21  (Read 1633 times)

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
The Kaufman Life State Dynasty - May 21
« on: February 01, 2023, 05:36:40 PM »
Welcome to my Kaufman Life State Dynasty.

Since I have started the Immortal Dynasty too many times without finishing any attempt, I decided to give another type of dynasty a chance.

For this attempt I am playing with all the expansions except for Into the Future. My game options are all summer without weather, lunar phase set to waxing crescent and celebrities on.

Chapters:
Chapter 1: The logical Biginning
Chapter 2: How to Land a Witch
Chapter 3: Angela Has Social Life
Chapter 4: Bewitched

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Kaufman Life State Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 05:37:00 PM »
Stats

Gen 1: Angela Kaufman
Life State: Human
Traits: Ambitious, Bookworm, Genius, Night Owl, Photographer's Eye.
LTW: World Renowned Surgeon - completed
Spouse: Geoffrey Landgraab (witch)
Toddler Requirements: N/A
Child Requirements: N/A
Teen Requirements: N/A
1 Best Friend: Victoria Andrews (vampire)
2 Career Rewards: Honor Trophy; Logic Skill Certificate
3 BlackOps: The Giving Sort; Respect the Woo Woos; Settle the Argument.
4 Lifetime Rewards: Motive Mobile; No Bills Ever; Fireproof Homestead, Complimentary Entertainment.
5 Regular Wishes: Reach Level 10 of Medical Career; Master Logic Skill; Discover All Potions; Master Photography Skill; Marry Geoffrey.
6 Skill Challenges: Teacher Extraordinaire; Celestial Explorer; Master Chemist; Skill Professor; Grand Master; Photog.
7 Items for Museum: Potions (logic)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Kaufman Life State Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 05:46:46 PM »
Chapter 1: The Logical Beginning

The founder of this dynasty is Angela Kaufman, I rolled for her name a couple of time until one I liked came up.

I was very lucky with Angela’s traits: Night Owl, Bookworm, Photographer’s Eyes, Genius and Ambitious. Of the 5 LTW, I chose World Renowned Surgeon. Medicine is good career for this dynasty.

Angela is confused why she is in Sunset Valley instead of Moonlight Falls. The reason is that I was between the two cities and in the end, I decided on the comfort of the base game town. Also, Sunset Valley tends to spawn a lot of supernatural sims so I don't think I'll have a problem finding spouses.

This is Angela's little cabin, it has everything she needs to cover her basic needs, although it still lacks internal walls that divide the spaces. Now that I'm writing this I realize that it's a little orange.

Angela can choose between three skills thanks to her traits, but for now she will only skilling in logic, which is very necessary for her work and to help her future children in school work.

She saw a meteor fall and immediately went to pick it up, now she has 3,000 additional simoleons in her funds.

The next step on this first day of the dynasty was to sign up for her new job.
“I want to be a world-renowned surgeon.” Angela said to the receptionist at the front door.
The woman just handed her a form that Angela filled out, and that was it. Now my founder belongs to Sunset Valley health system.

Several sims gathered outside the hospital so Angela took the opportunity to introduce herself. Jared Frio in his typical style told Angela that her mother was a llama.

Then she went to the central park to continue meeting sims while enjoying a picnic.
“I have a feeling that you are very good at photography.”
“You're absolutely right, but I still don't know if I'll do something with it.”

She ended the day back home, searching the galaxy. She discovered a satellite, she gave it the very unoriginal name of Angela 1. Then it was time for bed because her first day of work awaits her the next day.

Going to work with a totally different haircut. Angela narrowly missed her first promotion.

In the afternoon she kept looking at the sky, or spying on the neighbors.
“That's something I never wanted to know about the Landgraabs, Geoffrey is my boss!”

That night, she lost her first match against Ethan Bunch. She applauded him despite the disappointment.

The teen got up in the middle of the second game and got into a taxi. She can forgive him because it was quite late and he has classes in the morning. The sleeping horse in the background is proof of how late it was.

Angela received her first opportunity on the third day of her job, having to donate mucous. Ah what one does to meet the goals.

Angela had her first vaccination clinic. She isn't sure if Judy is more freaked out by the shot or by Dorie getting between her wings.
“Or maybe it's Christopher's smile. He's too cheerful for something like this.”

“I've changed my mind; I don't need a vaccine.”
“Too late.”

With all the space in the park, the sims decided to wait on a ridge where Angela can't get to.
“I know that being together gives you security, but this is absurd.”
At the end of the session, Angela vaccinated 18 sims, I think it's one of the times I've had the most sims in a clinic.

The life of a doctor is hard.

Angela was able to beat Ethan after four games, not the best way to start the tournament. She took advantage that it was Saturday and invited the teenager to stay for the day.
“I thought we were going to do something fun, not that you were going to tutor me.”
“This is a dynasty, there's nothing fun here.”

Christopher Steel is so used to being in these dynasties, that he appears alone without being invited. I don't know if that suit is his work clothes or if he had a makeover, but at least he looks good.

He shows up unannounced and complains about the dirty surroundings. Bad attitude, Chris! You have no relevance in this story, especially if you don't become a supernatural.

Angela left Victoria and Christopher chatting on her lot, and left in search of a potential husband. It's been a week and so far, I've only seen women turned into occults, so when I spotted mermaid Marty Keaton at a protest, I immediately sent Angela over to introduce herself. For now, it will be a backup plan, I don't want to have mermaids so early in this dynasty.

Of course, what I just wrote is useless because Marty turned into a human right before my eyes.
I'm starting to worry and rethink why I didn't choose Moonlight Falls.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Kaufman Life State Dynasty - February 11
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 04:20:18 PM »
Chapter 2: How to Land a Witch

For a few game days I was worried about not finding an occult husband prospect for Angela.

There were a lot of supernatural sims but 90 percent of them were female, the only two I've seen so far were mermaid Gus Hart and vampire Jack Bunch. Neither prospect interested me. Gus because I prefer to avoid mermaids for now, and Jack because there are some very interesting vampire women that I want to save for a future heir. If I'm being honest, I was looking for a witch.

While I waited for the game to spawn some occult that suited my plans, Angela kept working on her other requirements.

And always taking advantage of all situations.
“Now I understand why my brother was complaining.”

By the end of the second week, the game gave me exactly what I was hoping for. A male witch.

Geoffrey Landgraab is Angela's boss, so she calls him often to maintain her friendship with him. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the relationship panel to call him and realized that he had become a witch.

He came accompanied by Susan Wainwright. She is one of the vampires I was talking about.

I left Susan out to focus on Geoffrey and I don't feel guilty.

“Well, Geoffrey, what do you think about moving here, leaving Nancy and becoming my partner?”
“I think it's an excellent proposal.”

A break up text later and Geoffrey was a divorced man. “Nancy, I'm leaving you, sign these divorce papers that I'm giving you. I am no longer going to be your trophy husband and I am going to dedicate myself to being what I always wanted to be, an artist. Tell Malcolm to visit me from time to time. Goodbye.”
I always got the feeling that's what happened with the Landgraabs, Geoffrey's traits and LTW always seemed very different to the life they led. Also according to his biography he took Nancy’s last name and has not power in his family.

After breaking up with Nancy, Geoffrey also quit his job. Now with his life on track, it was time to have a look more in line with himself. (And rejuvenate a few days, too.)

When he returned home, he began his first novel ‘Not a Landgraab Anymore’, a great drama about his personal life. On the background, Angela kept trying to discover potions.

Apparently in this particular gameplay the townies like to visit my house. This time Leighton Sekemoto. I do not know what is happening.

One night, we had a visit from a thief who tried to take the shower. I forgot to install the alarm.

Luckily, Angela was able to call the police who arrived just in time. Although, she was more concerned about the cop seeing her scantily clad than the thief she was catching.

Geoffrey never woke up despite not having the heavy sleeper trait. He dreamed that he had been robbed, but he was sure that it had only been that, a dream.

Chris visited us again. Why is my house being invaded by uninvited sims?

Angela’s next opponent was a proprietor and was never available, so I did what many of us have done before, I bought the Performance Park, I added a couple of chess tables and then resold the property.
“At least now I'll have something to entertain myself with while I'm slaved to this place, so thanks you.”

The night ended up being even more productive since the same npc needed medical help.

After saving the woman, Angela saw a couple of teenagers in the audience so she continued to take advantage of the night and gave one of them classes. Keylynn Langerak was the lucky one.

At the same time, Geoffrey had a surprise visitor. Seriously, what's going on in my game?

I invited Susan in as Geoffrey needed some social interaction, I've neglected him a bit in favor of Angela. Unfortunately, Geoffrey and Susan don't seem to get along very well.

Angela Glitched out leaving work to run a vaccine clinic. Despite being under the floor, she was able to do her job without problems.
“That is dedication, ma'am.”
“Thank you. This is my third clinic so I was going to do it no matter what. After work I can go pick up my first service reward.”

Something else happened after work, Angela topped the medicine career and completed her LTW which surprised me because I thought she was level 8 and going up to 9, so I was paying attention elsewhere when Angela got off work and I lost the moment for a good screenshot. With this, she also fulfilled her first 5k wish.

Geoffrey and Angela hadn't had much alone time until now, despite the fact that he moved into the house a few days ago. So, I put her requirements aside for a moment to make these two start a relationship.
I love the looking into the eyes’ interaction. It’s so silly.

First kiss. They are cute together. After this they formalized their relationship and are now going steady.

I end the chapter with Angela's adult birthday, which she had while looking for space rocks. She's pretty well on her way to fulfill her requirements, so the birthday was well received.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 04:41:03 PM »
Yay, a Life States Dynasty! I don't know how I missed seeing this for two whole weeks. Your founder is gorgeous, and I'm a big fan of Mr. Landgraab getting a second chance at life, in a way. It'll be fun to see all the Sunset Valley townies turning supernatural over the years. Lovely start and I can't wait to read more!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 12:10:06 PM »
Yay, a Life States Dynasty! I don't know how I missed seeing this for two whole weeks. Your founder is gorgeous, and I'm a big fan of Mr. Landgraab getting a second chance at life, in a way. It'll be fun to see all the Sunset Valley townies turning supernatural over the years. Lovely start and I can't wait to read more!

Thank you!!! I love Geoffrey as a spouse, If I remember correctly this is the first time I've used him as such.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Kaufman Life State Dynasty - March 21
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 12:17:43 PM »
Chapter 3: Angela Has Social Life

I finally decided to have Angela learn a second skill, since I'm worried about getting all 5 wishes with just one skill, as well as having others challenges as back up.

Since Angela has the Photographer’s Eye trait, I thought Photography was the right choice. She learned the first three levels in the library.

Angela maxed Logic and fulfilled her second big wish, she had already achieved the Celestial Explorer challenge but was still searching the galaxy to fulfill the dream of discovering 25 stars.

The next day she discovered all the potions and fulfilled her third wish.

Angela is doing well with her requirements so I have her and Geoffrey a free night.

Look at his cute smile, I think he’s really happy of going out with her.

Although the next thing he did was slow dance with Tori Kimura.
“It's not what I had planned for tonight.” Angela muttered with a frown.

“If you don't stop getting in the way, I'm going to learn social networking to use the relationship transmogrifier and make you fall for the most unbearable sim you can find.”
Yeah, you tell her girl.
I find it funny how Geoffrey is looking at nothing pretending to be distracted.

It seems the threat worked because the next thing Tori did was teach Angela some cooking tricks.
“Make that drink very strong, please. I need to forget the last ten minutes.” Geoffrey said to Abraham.

The outing ended with Angela tutoring Tori on logic.

Actually, the night ended much better.

Geoffrey was one of her opponents.
“You're not going to give me a difficult game, are you? You know it's very important that I win this match.”
“Of course, love, of course.”
Angela proceeded to lose 3 times in a row to Geoffrey despite her being level 10 and he being level 6.

Angela walks around the town taking pictures in her free time, the most fun so far was the graveyard where she took pictures of various ghosts doing strange things. She completed the Photog skill challenge in only a couple of days.

When the game announced that it would soon be Geoffrey's elderly birthday it was time for the man to drink one of Angela's young again potions.

“I’m young again.”
Pun intended.

Angela completed the Skill Professor challenge only by teaching logic to Geoffrey and the Grand Master challenge soon after.

Then fulfilled the max the Photography Skill wish while taking photos in the library.

Since she only needed one 5k wish and one best friend to complete all her requirements, I decided that it was time for her to ask Geoffrey to marry him to see if triggered it.

Angela organized a bachelorette party at The Grind, she and her guests arrived before the place opened so they started partying outside.

Her soon-to-be best friend, Victoria Andrews, gave an emotional speech.
“I only met Angela a couple of weeks ago when we competed in chess, but we became very good friends. I hope you win as much in marriage as you did in chess.”
After the speech, Angela spent some time with Victoria until she became her best friend.

The party seemed to be what she needed for the last wish to appear, so the next day Angela and Geoffrey had their wedding.

I think this is the first time that all the guests sat down to witness the union of my sims.

Of course an uninvited sim had to ruin the perfect wedding shot. On top of that he dares to be bored!

And as if that weren't enough, he starts playing the organ just as Angela and Geoffrey were exchanging vows, this was the great moment where my founder fulfilled her last requirement. Thanks for ruining my screenshots.

At least I got to take a nice picture of them getting married.

Gen 1: Angela Kaufman
Life State: Human
Traits: Ambitious, Bookworm, Genius, Night Owl, Photographer's Eye.
LTW: World Renowned Surgeon - completed
Spouse: Geoffrey Landgraab (witch)
Toddler Requirements: N/A
Child Requirements: N/A
Teen Requirements: N/A
1 Best Friend: Victoria Andrews (vampire)
2 Career Rewards: Honor Trophy; Logic Skill Certificate
3 BlackOps: The Giving Sort; Respect the Woo Woos; Settle the Argument.
4 Lifetime Rewards: Motive Mobile; No Bills Ever; Fireproof Homestead, Complimentary Entertainment.
5 Regular Wishes: Reach Level 10 of Medical Career; Master Logic Skill; Discover All Potions; Master Photography Skill; Marry Geoffrey.
6 Skill Challenges: Teacher Extraordinaire; Celestial Explorer; Master Chemist; Skill Professor; Grand Master; Photog.
7 Items for Museum: Potions (logic)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltiesophie

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 01:24:19 AM »
This is my first time seeing a life states challenge like this, but it looks fun! I like the dialogue you make for your sims. It really brings them to life, lol.  ;D

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 05:01:09 PM »
The guy sitting down to play keyboard two inches away from the bride and groom as they exchange vows...I can't. Funniest thing ever.

Congrats on your first generation!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 02:02:14 PM »
This is my first time seeing a life states challenge like this, but it looks fun! I like the dialogue you make for your sims. It really brings them to life, lol.  ;D
Thank you! I'm trying to make a funny story, which is really hard for me, so it's good that it reads like that. :)

The guy sitting down to play keyboard two inches away from the bride and groom as they exchange vows...I can't. Funniest thing ever.

Congrats on your first generation!
I love moments like that. It's one of the things I like the most about the sims 3, that the sims have their own personality and do what they want.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Kaufman Life State Dynasty - May 21
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 02:08:01 PM »
Chapter 4: Bewitched

Romantic photo of the newlyweds.

"Wouldn't it be better if you take the picture with your camera?"
"No, we are not coded to do that."

There is no time like the present, Angela drank the Young again potion before taking off her wedding dress.

The wedding night brought consequences for Angela, for the next three days she will do nothing but watch TV and listen to children's music.

The wedding gifts were quite varied in price, the statue brought a significant amount to the family funds.

Geoffrey painted a pregnant Angela, although he cut off his wife's hand, his technique still needs a bit of finesse.

"Are you okay, honey?"
"Of course, I'm just in labor."
"Okay then, this is the part where I panic and am no help."

And proceeded to that.
"I'd rather you go do something else." Angela told him between contractions.

"You dancing in front of me isn't exactly what I had in mind."

A few hours later...

The first baby of this dynasty was born. Ronan is a witch! His traits are Loves the Cold and Easily Impressed.

His twin sister is a witch too! Yay for options! Amber is Insane and Clumsy. Point to Ronan because he has better traits.

Geoffrey is still dancing. I love him.

Geoffrey is relieved that his new children are babies only for one night.

Birthday for two, both children are toddlers now.

Ronan looks a lot like his mother while Amber seems to be a carbon copy of her father. Here I give Amber a point as I like heirs to not look like the previous founder/heir.

I made a small shared study for Angela and Geoffrey, next to their room and they will be the only ones who can access to it.

“Is it cute or creepy that they’re playing so synchronized?” Angela asked Geoffrey.

“I don’t know. It must be a twin thing.” He answered weirded out.

Family-Oriented Geoffrey is in charge of teaching their kids their toddler’s skills.

While bookworm Angela prefer to read to them.

And that will basically be their lives for the next few days.

anything