Author Topic: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*  (Read 19848 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »
Generation Mint:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Rose

Generation Yellow

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 07:16:57 PM »
Chapter 1

So a little bit about how this all got started... I was thumbing through the pages of this old book when I found a note from someone obsessed with colors and berries.
Honestly, it was a little weird at first reading all the peculiar rules this person had laid out.. until I realized the first generation's color was.. Mint.
I sat there thinking to myself if this was just a mere coincidence or something else. I continued to pour through the pages of the scribbled notes of the past..there were so many goals in mind, so many colors to achieve... All the families that would come after me would become something special, families full of completed careers, dreams and aspirations. This was not a diary of a mad man or woman, this was the key to a full life, and I want to be apart of it...So here is my story.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I enjoy life, I enjoy sunshine, I enjoy the rain. I also enjoy pulling pranks on people closest to me...and sometimes people that just plain get on my nerves, ya feel me? I also really enjoy nice things and lots of simoleons- too bad I can't "mint" my own. hehe- okay bad joke.. moving on.

I originally moved to Willow Creek in search for work after graduating top of my class with a Masters in Science.. Most places I checked before here said I was too qualified to work there but thankfully the local lab here needed some extra hands on deck. I was just happy to finally have a job that didn't require me to flip burgers (I'm a vegetarian)!

I also met some pretty nice neighbors too- unfortunately they did catch me on a bad day trying to experiment with a new lip color, definitely going back to the pink tint ASAP.
I really don't remember their names except one, his name was Jacob and man oh man was he..wow yeah he was really cute. * grabs nearest newspaper and fans self*
I think I'm really going to enjoy living here... :)

[/size][/b]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
I'm green with envy over your story.  Ok, bad joke.  I'll be watching for future edition, kattiq!  I'm sure it will all be in mint condition.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »
I'm green with envy over your story.  Ok, bad joke.  I'll be watching for future edition, kattiq!  I'm sure it will all be in mint condition.

Haha! Thanks Joria :) Ill have another story up and running soon!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 11:10:38 AM »
Chapter 2

Recently I had been working my little butt off at the lab. I had gotten a few promotions so quickly it felt surreal. It seemed like no one there has ever worked with a crystal, metal or even invented anything.. EVER. I'd hate to ever act like I'm better than anyone, but lets face it folks- the scientists in this lab aren't the brightest bulbs. However, after a little while, I really began to enjoy my coworkers, and we all ended up learning a lot together.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

A few days later....

I finally had gotten a weekend off and had plans to lay by the pool and read the next chapter in one of my favorite books "The Spy Who Loved Measles" when I got a phone call.

Me: " Hello?"
Phone Caller: " Hey Mintie! It's Jacob.. Jacob Atkins? Remember me? I met you the other day at your welcome party?"
Me: "Oh Hey! Umm not to be rude or anything but how'd you get my number?"
Jacob: "Mrs. Slater down the road gave it to me! She said that uhh I should ask you out? And I thought you were really nice.. So here I am just asking you out for dinner..maybe?"

Meanwhile my stomach is doing somersaults and I start to sweat profusely...I pause for a second to gain composure.

Jacob: "Mintie you there?"
Me: *gulp* "Hey yeah sorry uhh there was a bug in my hair and stuff. But I'd love to go to dinner with you. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there!"
Jacob: "Great! Well I heard you were a vegetarian and there's this great place down in Newcrest called Lettuce Eats. And I was thinking I could pick you up around 6?"
Me:"Well I guess you know where I live, so I will see you then!"

Honestly guys, I haven't legit been on a date since High School, so this should be interesting.

Me: " And I don't understand why in the movie it just like all came crashing down on top of him and then the credits started rolling! Like what kind of ending is that?!"
Jacob: " I agree! I mean I paid good simoleons to watch the sequel to "Diamonds are for Sims" and then they ended up killing Sargent Bean anyways!"

The entire night we laughed and he is just so incredibly sweet and charming. We ended up going back to my place and just sat and talked until the sun came up

Jacob: " You know... I'm really glad Mrs. Slater is a nosy neighbor and gave me your number.'
Me: " Why is that?"
Jacob: " Because I think she was right, you really are great and I now I wanna kiss you."

And just like in the movies...sitting by the warmth of the fireplace he did just that...

Alright, I know what you're thinking.. Wow that was easy, way to go Mintie choosing the first guy you met in this new town. Blah blah blah...
But seriously, it was that easy until it wasn't...

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 2*
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 01:37:54 PM »
Oh, this is cute! I've looked at the Not So Berry Legacy and it intrigues me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stellybelly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »
I love it! I totally ship Jacob and Mintie!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 02:10:41 PM »
@reggikko Thanks! Yeah I was really looking for something more out of the box and this seemed to be easy enough to follow with a cute twist!

@stellybelly  Sameeeeee! Most of his choices and dates I didn't even plan- he just is basically perfect for her :D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Chapter 3

So remember when I said, it isn't all that easy? Well I forgot to mention I also have a jealousy streak and combine that with my adept for mischief...I get myself into trouble sometimes. Here's such an instance of when those 2 things collided.

It was a lovely Sunday morning and Jacob had asked me if I wanted to go to the Flea Market with him. I of course want to do anything and everything with that man so we walked on over to San Myshuno's market square.

We were having a wonderful time... Until I noticed someone following us and staring at Jacob... MY JACOB.
Oh no she didn't..

So I did what any protective girlfriend would do, I approached her.
Let's just say, it didn't go as planned and now I've got a bum leg for a few days.

I think initially Jacob was quite horrified, but then came to appreciate that I would go as far as literally fight for him. Though I should probably take it down a few notches.

After I calmed down and avoided getting arrested (LOL) we went down to the local park and cloud gazed for a little bit...

Jacob: "Mintie, I've been thinking.."
*Cue soft worrying music*
Me: "Look Jacob, I'm sorry. I shouldn't of went so crazy. But I can't help it. I.. I love you"
Jacob: " Mintie, I love you too. But you shouldn't of cut me off. I wanted to say it first!"
Me: "Woops, I just wanted to tell you in case you were going to break up with me.. haha"
Jacob: " First of all, that didn't even cross my mind. And second of all, I still love you- crazy and all"

The following weeks were spent going to parties (I especially loved the costume one!), more dinner dates and Jacob moved in with me (WooHoo! ;))! Oh and he also got me a kitten named Peppermint <3

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although while everything looked good on paper, there was something eating at Jacob. One night he came home frustrated...

Me: "Babe what's wrong?"
J: " You know, it just really stinks when you try to do something right and in the end your the one that gets screwed over."

He later told me that he had uncovered his boss embezzling funds into a secret off shore account when going through the books. He turned him in, but ended up also getting fired because no one likes a snitch.
I felt so awful I didn't know what else to do...So like the crazy person I am- I proposed.
I don't even know what I was thinking except that I wanted to make everything better.

He looked at me tears in his eyes and said "Min, I love you.. but I can't..not right now"

I was shocked, and just looked at him as he walked away defeated...Maybe it wasn't the right thing to do in the moment. Maybe I royally messed things up. I don't know, but one thing I do know is I won't give up.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 3*
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 04:43:10 AM »
Oh no!  How could he refuse her?  She was so sweet and they are so good together.  Really loving this one.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 12:46:08 PM »
Sometimes, a relationship can be right and the timing's just wrong. It's unfortunate indeed. This is a challenge I like seeing more than playing, so I'm looking forward to see how things progress!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
Aww -- Mint just caught him at a bad moment. And getting jealous of Raj's mother probably wasn't a good move; Mintie's pretty enough to feel more secure. Not to mention being younger and a dynasty founder.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 05:05:47 PM »
@Joria I know right? I think he was just too stressed out to make a valid decision at that point!

@Deme Im glad you are enjoying the story! I liked it because it went out of the "normal" sim play I do and forced me to use crazy colors & "bad" traits that I normally wouldn't use.

@MarianT That is very true! I think she just got way ahead of herself and reacted instead of thinking first before acting.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »
Chapter 4

This week I have been really working on expanding my skill set, so much so I've started building a rocket ship! Most of my coworkers thought I was crazy to even think about possibly exploring space at some point, but hey! Seems like a *blast* to me. haha Gah I kill myself with these puns sometimes.

I also alllllmost have my element collection complete too! There's a ton of rocks around work that I go dig up on my lunch breaks. It's also gives me a free tan year around because it doesn't even snow in the city where the lab is.. (It's a top secret location so don't even ask)

I've also done pretty well honing in on my mischievous nature as well. I do most my practicing on Jacob because he's such a good sport these days. Although now he doesn't believe me sometimes because I've cried wolf way to many times practicing. So much so when I followed a weird light outside, he didn't come because...well he though I was just messing with him again.
Turned out it was in fact an alien abduction. LOL!

FYI, I came back not pregnant with an alien baby, but I did come back with a healthy appreciation for the Alien culture. I think I'll be meeting them again at some point!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So earlier when I said I wasn't pregnant with an alien baby...Life has a funny way of turning things upside down.

Turns out I'm actually pregnant with Jacob's baby! It was quite the shock, and I'm not overly sure how Jacob initially felt.. because umm his face looked quite worried

Poor guy, I'm seriously so lucky he loves me mucho because I feel like he's had to put up with a lot! haha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day we decide to head to one of our favorite parks, because fall just came and it's finally cooling down! I absolutely love all trees and just the fresh air. Jacob loves it too because sometimes I think if he could live outside...He probably would!

Me: " *Smells the air* Gosh I just love it out here, even with all the leaves falling the trees are so pretty!"
J: " Min..look at me!"
Me: " What?"

Just as I turned around I looked down and Jacob is on his knee holding this giant ring in his hands.

J: "Babe, I've known since the day we met that we were meant to love each other forever. I know we've made some mistakes in the past, but us being together will never be one. You will no doubt be the best mother to our nooboo and I know you will be the best wife ever if you agree to marry me. So...Will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"

He literally left me completely speechless for the first time ever, and with tears welling up in my eyes... I gave him my hand, and he slipped the precious ring onto my left middle finger.

Jacob: " I should have accepted your proposal first, but second time's the charm right?"

Honestly, I'm glad he didn't take my first proposal, I definitely loved his a lot better. He's so cute!

Jacob: " Mintie love, I have another surprise for you... But you have to trust me and close your eyes!"
Me: "Ummmmm Oh okay, I trust you....?!"

He takes my hand and leads me around the corner and in front of me is a little gazebo filled with some of our favorite friends.

Jacob: "Don't hate me, but I just couldn't wait any longer to marry you. So your dress is in the bathroom and the minister is on his way."
Me: "Jacob! This is literally the best surprise I don't think I could of waited another second either. I'll go get changed!"

So in front of all our friends (and most of the people already at the park) we got married in the sweetest little ceremony there ever could be.

Jacob & Min...Happily Ever After <3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 4*
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »
Awwww.  Could he have done it any better?  I don't think so!  Lovely mint green wedding dress.  I had to laugh at the way you brought in the rocket building thing.  I love, love, love the scientist career!  Back to the wedding.....it was lovely and so well done.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 4*
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »
@Joria I don't think he could of either! It fits their relationship quite perfectly. Very spontaneous. Haha
And I always love building rockets, so I was happy when the first requirement for a career was Scientist- its one of the more fun careers from GTW. The more I play I realize how much every requirement flows together so well. Such a simple challenge but very thought out.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »
Chapter 5

First of all, I would just like to say I love being pregnant. I also think I make a pretty cute pregnant lady. Or that's what Jacob says anyways.

One night while we were watching tv the channel randomly changed to the kid's station

J:"  You know... we should probably just get used to having this on all the time."
Me: " Or we could just shut it off and enjoy the silence for a little while longer. Because before we know it there will be no sleep, and no quiet."
J: " Ahh you'll forever be the the one that brings me into reality... haha"
Me: "And I haven't had silence for awhile, you have NO idea what extra noises start to happen while you're growing a baby." *wink *wink*
J: " I would say TMI, but it's you and there's no use. I still have flashbacks of those noxious fumes you pranked me with the other day."

I'm also glad that when I reached my 3rd trimester it was a nice a cold winter. Definitely helped with the swollen ankles!
Here we are doing one of my favorite winter activities.

We also put together our first Christmas tree together since we got married. I wanted a red and green theme, but Jacob wanted yellow and blue.. So we compromised and did red & yellow. I didn't mind so much because the tree after all was green too.

I loved that tree so much I put my favorite reading chair next to it. Just so I could enjoy the lovely pine scent and also learn more about the art of mischief.

Then all of a sudden I felt some pangs and realized it was time! It was finally time to have my nooboo!
I decided awhile ago that I wanted to have my children at home, I just felt like we would all be closer that way.

And after an hour or two (Thank goodness!!!) our wonderful bundle of joy joined the world.

Meet Rosalie Berry.

Jacob was also quite fond of our newest bundle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days and nights flew by as Miss Rosalie grew fast and before we knew it, we had a toddler on our hands!

I'm pretty sure she will give us a run for our Simoleons...but I think it'll still be worth it! She is quite the fireball and has already gotten a little attitude all her own.

But when the Princess is asleep, all is well in the world.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2019, 10:34:47 AM »
Chapter 6

Hey guys! So I figured I would take the time to tell you how things are going at work...

First of all, my SimRay a.k.a. Daisy is seriously my FAVORITE invention I've made so far.
Definitely helps me achieve all my mischievous scientific thoughts without much consequence

I also invented some wormhole generator, so far I've only been able to contact some Aliens to visit the lab. (note the frozen Alien in the above pic)

Okay and one more thing... I got promoted to "Pioneer of New Technologies" I don't entirely understand why the title is so long...but my new uniform is so cool! Most of the time people ask me if it's a bionic arm, I just go with it most of the time. Only 2 more promotions to go before I'm the big boss!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

Jacob knocked me....
*uhh* we are pregnant again! And again Jacob is absolutely thriiiiilllled *eye roll*

But at least we now have a boy in the family! He's literally the spitting image of Jacob.

Meanwhile baby girl Rosalie had her birthday.
Isn't she perfect??

She's also turning out to be quite the character. But at least she's helpful!

We've also been trying to expand her knowledge base and help her learn more social skills.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She's even smart enough now to not believe all my conspiracy theories. And has learned from her father to just grin and nod when I start up the crazy talk.

Pretty soon I will have to explain to her that there are certain rules she is going to have to follow. I'm sort of nervous because she's such a free spirit, but I'm really hoping it'll go over well when she reaches the next phase of life.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 6*
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 02:36:09 PM »
I just got to binge read the first six chapters, and I love it!  Minty is such a fun sim.  Was Jacob randomly generated by your game?  He seems so perfect.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 6*
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »
@BallerinaHippo  She really is! And yes, he literally was the first male sim she had met in game. It was like the game knew what she needed! Kinda crazy. haha

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 7*
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 10:33:29 PM »
Chapter 7

You know...I thought about it long and hard. The rules for this next generation seem so calloused and unfair. Why does my daughter have to break so many hearts? Is that why she's beautiful and her favorite color is the color of a blood red rose, the color of broke hearts?
The more I see her personality shape and shift, it does become apparent that she will move mountains, regardless of her social life. She will be blessed with a silver tongue that will change lives for the better. We may not always get along as we once did and it may hurt me to see her hurting, but at least I'll know she will do some good in this world. I'm not ready for her to grow up..not at all.

Unfortunately the time had come for Rosalie to bloom into her teenage years *you see what I did there? bloom.. silly me*
She had always wanted a cake made of honey, so I did my best to create it for her.

And boy did she bloom. Her father and I will have a hard time keeping her under wraps I can already tell.

As you can see my daughter still maintained her sassy attitude, she also managed to get her nose pierced without getting permission.. Oh boy.

Ros: "Mom you'll never guess who I saw at the store today!"
Me: " Hmm, the Easter bunny? *please tell me it was the EB*"
Ros: " Ew mom no, I met Preston Prego, remember him? He lives down the street with his sister? He's gotten a lot better looking in the recent years..."
Me: " Oh right, yes... Isn't he a bit old for you?"
Ros: " Mooooooommmm, he's just a Young Adult! Besides it can't hurt to look right?"
Me: " Sure, but don't get yourself into trouble."
Ros: " Fine, whatever you say. *eye roll*"

Honestly, I really hope she doesn't do anything stupid- but one could hope their children make the right decisions. I guess we shall see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, we had some bad news. My sweet precious peppermint took her last kitty breath on the porch today. The thunderstorm set the mood for the sad event. I'm going to miss her so much. She was after all one of the first gifts Jacob ever gave me in our younger years.

Things like this make me think how crazy how life flies by so fast sometimes. Jacob is reaching up into his elder years and I'm about halfway there myself. But I will have to say this life I chose (or rather it chose me) has been one wild ride. I'm so proud of myself for accomplishing so much.

I'm also proud to officially call myself THE "Extraterrestrial Explorer"! This career has by far exceeded my expectations. I've loved every single minute of it.
I also now get to wear all black- helps hide the old lady lumps now days.

I'm almost done with my element collection too! Just need one more to complete the entire set. I do most of my digging now at work, since I am the boss after all! Who cares how many co-workers I mind control to sleep, eat, or clean anyways?
However, I did find this pretty weird thing as I was digging. Naturally the first thing I do is stick my hand into it.

Turned out to be an old Alien head or something? Weird, but it'll definitely go on the shelf in my office.

Since being the Extraterrestrial Explorer I also finally was able to jump through the wormhole and found myself legit in the middle of a cool Alien party!
Let's just say... it was quite the experience

But when I eventually reached home, I knew I was just avoiding the inevitable. I think it's time to have a talk with Rosalie about her future.

Me: " Rosalie, hun.. put on some clothes and meet me outside on the bench."
Ros: " Wha? Why mom? Why the bench OUTSIDE? It's a massive storm out there!"
Me: " Just do it, I have something important to tell you."

So we both changed out of our pjs and met outside...

Ros: " Okay seriously mom, what is this all about? You're making me nervous! Are you sick, is dad sick?
Me: " No, no, no one is sick. There's just something I really need to talk to you about. Something that will change your life"
Ros: " What do you mean mom?"

I went on to explain the book and how it chose me and my family to continue forward with life in a different way. I told her the requirements she needed to fulfill to continue...

Ros: " So you're telling me I have to live my life this way??"
Me: " You don't HAVE too, it's already happening.. all around you. The Rose generation is already taking place."
Ros: " But mom.. you're telling me that I HAVE to be a serial romantic? I HAVE to leave someone at the altar? I can ONLY have one child???"
Me: " Hun, I know it's a lot... and in time I promise it will all make sense. There's a reason behind all this, please just trust me on this. This will lead you to a life you could of never imagined! "
Ros: " I don't...I don't know if I can mom. This is just all too much and DEFINITELY NOT the life I had imagined. You know how I don't like people to dictate my life. This is just all too crazy."

With that she got up, opened the door and ran upstairs.

I feel terrible, maybe agreeing to all this so long ago was a mistake? Maybe I was being selfish since my requirements seemed so good? Sure, I had to ruffle a few feathers, and deal with a lot of jealous pangs... But other than that it had been great, why did this have to be so hard?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 06:23:53 PM »
Just got caught up.  Rosalee is/was an adorable nooboo, cute/smart little girl, and beautiful Sim.  You had your hands full with her!  Sad news was peppermint.  That I didn't expect and got really bummed out.  So glad I haven't done anything with pets.  I couldn't handle their deaths.  Love animals, especially cats, too much.  (Not too fond of the "trophies" my cat brings me, especially when they are alive and we have to catch and remove them!  Of course, dead ones are no fun either!)  Loving this story. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 09:50:35 PM »
Thanks @Joria ! I felt like her childhood seriously went by so fast (mainly trying to hurry up with Mintie's requirements!)
Yeah..very sad about pepper, I almost gave her an ambrosia treat just to extend her life longer but I think I have some other plans for some pets down the road.
And I'm very glad my RL cat does not bring me "trophies", although he does not go outside except onto the screened in porch. He's really good at keeping any bugs he finds from living too long though- I'm really thankful for that skill. haha!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Mint Generation *Chapter 8*
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »
Chapter 8

Hi all! Just wanted to give you a quick update. As of today, Generation Mint is complete!

The first thing I completed of course was my Mischief Aspiration & Skill.
I'm sure Jacob and all my children are overjoyed they no longer have to deal with my antics (well for practice anyways ;))

I also made it to the top career position at SimLabs (which I know I talked about last chapter but here's me again for kicks!)

I also FINALLLLY finished my logic skill as well. Now I can argue with logic and win!

And lastly, here I am with my completed Elemental set. I think this was the most annoying out of all of them!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did have quite the scare in the past few days. I was upstairs cleaning off my element rack when I heard Ros scream from down stairs.
I rush down there and Jacob is on fire!

I honestly did not know what to do either and I panicked for a moment until I saw Jacob extinguishing himself with a fire extinguisher that poofed into his hands at the right moment. Crazy right?
Thankfully, aside from a few burns and needing a bath he was alright.

After that near death experience, he's been quite the charmer too and wanted to renew our vows at the Romance Festival.

After all that it was time for Rosalie to turn into a full fledged Young Adult.

Speaking of her, I think she is finally coming around to this entire generation requirement thing. Shes not so keen on the entire leaving her future husband at the altar idea(it’s a part of her generation requirement :( ), but she has been working on her Charisma skill.

Anyways, it's so crazy to think that my life has flew by so quickly. That I have fulfilled all the requirements in the letter I read so long ago. I know my personal story line has come to an close, but that doesn't mean you wont see me in the stories any longer (I haven't kicked the bucket yet anyways!)
Ros maybe a little difficult, but I know deep down, her heart is good. She will make things right eventually and you will enjoy reading about her journey as much as you have mine! Long Live the Berrys
-Love Mintie

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Why does Rose have to leave her husband at the altar?  Is the house too full?  Loved that shot of the kiss at the Romance Festival.  I never can get that kind of angle.  Fireplaces are the bane of my life!  I don't care how you update them they seem to always catch someone or something on fire.  Good thing he had an extinguisher handy.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Thank you! I love getting good screenshots.
And It’s a part of her generation requirement. I’ve never personally done it in my gameplay so it should be interesting to figure out how to do it!  I just added in that clarification to the post. So I’m glad you asked!
And I love fireplaces but yes, they do seem to always catch fire. Haha

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 9* 6/11
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2019, 05:09:05 PM »
Chapter 9

So... even though you have read about me in my mother's musings, I assure you I will more than likely lead a little more of an interesting life. You could go as far to say I am rather spoiled, and maybe I am, but blame my mother. She gave me anything and everything I asked for, which may have contributed to my snobbish demeanor. I will never be happy single, because lets face it I'm also sort of a romantic as well. However, my hot-headed nature always seems to peak itself into my relationships causing them to ruin. (refer to the 2nd post in this thread for more detailed Gen. Rose requirements)
I know prior to this it seemed that possibly the generation would end with my mother, but I have completely changed my mind due to some recent life events. I no longer care for the white picket fence, having 2 or 3 kids and settling down with the man of my dreams...so without further ado here's how this all came to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that guy awhile back that I thought was cute...and my mom basically told me he was too old for me?

Well what she didn't know is, Preston and I had been dating since I was a teenager.

I'm honestly surprised that they never found out, although I wasn't far in age from him so I knew by the time I turned YA things would probably be more serious.
I really did not care that he had a mean streak, it paired perfectly with my hot-head trait anyways. Sure we were quite the pair when both of us were fired up. But that just gave our relationship more spark.

Once I was the appropriate age we were able to finally bring our relationship to light and surprisingly my parents weren't completely against it.
Then one breezy summer night Preston popped the question

I was thrilled because I was determined to rebel and not conform to the rules.

We decided to get married the next day rain or shine- and of course it ended up a thunderstorm. I couldn't help but let a sliver of doubt enter my head because of it.

That day everything seemed to go wrong, the venue forgot to move things around to have a wedding inside, so we had to settle on doing it under the patio outside (what's a little rain water going to do right?) The caterer never showed up, so we had to get the bartender to just serve people pita and hummus. And also Preston just seemed to be entirely too angry for such a happy occasion.
Still, the show must go on! (I just had to keep telling myself to keep me from going off the rails too)

So finally the ceremony begins...

I looked at him and he did not look happy. I did not even feel happy. I don't know how all this happened...Whether or not it was circumstantial or the cause of some mysterious power. But inside I felt this compelling sense to call everything off.
I knew we both had our faults, but I also knew that deep down he wasn't the one for me. I was just doing all this to prove my mom and that silly note wrong. This entire thing I created was just because I am stubborn and didn't want to bend to the will of whatever/whoever made these rules.

So I did it, I looked at him and told him everything.

And he got so angry he dropped to the floor. I freaked out..And the rest was a blur.

I remember the Grim Reaper coming and trying to take him, I pleaded with him and it worked.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I told him I was sorry and he just continued on being angry and dropped again.
This time there was no hope, the GR told me I only could plead once and that was it.

I want to live my life to the fullest and make up for past wrongs. I saw how my mother did it, and I want that too.
So here I go, hang tight, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

-Ros

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note:
So sorry this is super depressing, but these events were totally spontaneous in my game. Preston really did die twice after Ros told him she was calling off the wedding (I had totally forgot about extreme emotions killing sims).
I also wanted some compelling factors to evolve around Ros to get her to the place where she wanted to participate in the generation, and not just the same old boring story line.
Let me know what you think!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »
Wow!  How to put a damper on your own wedding, tick the guy off till he dies.  Wow.  She's gorgeous and should find a good spouse to suit her needs.  Too bad her own bad temper led her down this rocky path.  Unfortunately, in rl it happens too often.  I like how you brought this all about.  Looking forward to her shenanigans.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:05 PM »
@Joria I know right? And I’m glad you liked it, i was a bit nervous to post because it wasn’t a super positive update. But I also thought it would be very interesting- especially due to the fact I didn’t make anything happen except clicked to call off the wedding (had to get them in bad moods first though). I just got done decorating her house so I’m looking forward to playing her story!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
I had the same reaction as Joria, which was "Wow!"  I expected her to call off the wedding (it's in her requirements and all) but I did not expect the grim reaper!  Poor Ros! 

It does give her a really great backstory, though.  Personally, I think the fact that she successfully pleaded with the grim reaper the first time absolves her of all guilt.  I hope in time that she can see it that way. 

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
@BallerinaHippo
I know! She definitely had a rough start, but shes a tough cookie! I'm glad that you liked the backstory too, sometimes I think I get too deep trying to be different. I really do like the idea of her pleading absolving her of guilt, I think she feels the same way- like at least she did try to make it right.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 10* 6/14
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2019, 12:15:16 AM »
Chapter 10

Hmmmmm where to even begin?  I guess I'll start off by telling you about the speech I gave earlier today. It was quite the "political" one.
I decided early on that I was going to support the "Foundation for Less Mischief" (Can you ever imagine why? ;) Thanks mom)

Me: " And that is why my fellow Simmers we need to stand up for less Mischief! For the good of all our families out there I put forth the idea that there should be no more noxious fumes, no more hand buzzers, and no more fake invites!"

I felt good after that, I was shaking tremendously...but the crowd seemed to respond quite well. I quite like this career so far, I've met a lot of great people and I get to talk about things I care about.

I also adopted a sweet little pup, and named her Ruby

As for my love life, it was rather crazy. Between my job and dating, I rarely had time for anything else!

The first stage of the serial romance aspiration was rather easy. I hit quite the snag on the second set... I had to kiss 10 sims! Jealousy was really getting to be an issue here...
I'm not partial to vampires, but Caleb was nice.

And so was Barrett...I think he was married though (It was slim pickin's, don't judge me okay!!)

And I also met this really cute guy at the gym, his name was Maddox. Man, look at that hunk
*googly eyes*

I also met up with cupid and stole his bow and arrows to help me on this mission...- JUST KIDDING, I really just learned how to beguile the boys into being flirtatious it really helps a lot!

I also figured it was time to move out on my own. And in doing so I was able to max out my Charisma with the help of some lovely lot traits. Here's a pic of the downstairs of my new apartment in downtown San Myshuno.

And I'm sure you are all wondering how I REALLY am doing...And to be honest, life was rough for a little while, especially after my entire wedding day ended in sadness. Mom and dad have been a great support system after all that. I don't know what I would have done without their help.

I know they both are getting older, and I'm scared of a future without them one day- so for now I will enjoy the time we all have left together.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2019, 01:10:57 PM »
Ruby reminds me of the puppy version of Clifford, the Big Red Dog.  Am I dating myself?  Do kids still read those books?  Anyway, she's very cute.  I really should adopt pets for my sims more often.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2019, 09:45:54 PM »
@BallerinaHippo Gosh now I wished I would of named her that and made her all red!
And honestly I have no idea if kids still read those books, I think I did growing up though. And I usually always adopt pets in every household (I'm obviously a RL pet lover, lol), I wished there were more pet options though like how we had horses in S3.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2019, 10:02:30 PM »
I agree about horses and cows and chickens!  I loved that about Sims3.  Now, as for your fabulous story, I'm loving it more and more.  I think the puppy is absolutely adorable and just the right colors.  I love the way Ros is coming around and isn't all mean and angry.  Nice that she's concerned about her family and having time with them.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 12:35:52 AM »
@BallerinaHippo Gosh now I wished I would of named her that and made her all red!
And honestly I have no idea if kids still read those books, I think I did growing up though. And I usually always adopt pets in every household (I'm obviously a RL pet lover, lol), I wished there were more pet options though like how we had horses in S3.
Nah, the white and red is perfect!  She's like a female version of Clifford.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »
Now cows and chickens would be great!! There's actually a chicken coop mod and like some skins you can put on dogs- but I want the real thing!
And I'm glad you are enjoying it @Joria I try to make it interesting- the short clips the authors of the challenge give us about the overall personality of the sim really helps create some character depth for sure. Although Ros is a little different from what they described but I like how she is turning out!

@BallerinaHippo Thanks! Maybe I should of made her a Great Dane instead of a Cocker Spaniel.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 11* 6/17
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 01:58:51 PM »
Chapter 11

I finally made it to the last leg of my serial romantic aspiration! It's been kind of fun meeting new people and learning how to be with different personalities. Honestly, after the last task of kissing 10 different sims- I thought the rough part was over. Turns out now I had to have eight different boyfriends... EIGHT! And here I thought jealousy was really rough just having to kiss them.

Needless to say I hit up 8 of the 10 and it worked pretty well in my favor. Here's a few of the lucky souls.

Remember that hunk I was talking about last chapter though? Yeah...he's thankfully still around and I think I'm actually really falling for him.

He is so sweet and takes me out like a real gentleman should. He even wore a suit of my favorite color on one of our dates. So sweet!

After dinner we decide to take a quick dip in the pool nearby- what we didn't realize was it definitely was NOT heated. ha!

Me: " Oh my gosh, it's SO COLD!!!"
Maddox: " Woops sorry babe, let's get out really fast! I know a quick way to warm up."
Me: " Yeah? How's that??"

When we got out he grabbed me and gave me a big smooch- Let's just say, we both warmed up pretty quickly!

I really wanted him to be my last boyfriend-forever. But before I do anything official, I wanted to do him right and be completely committed to him.

He was going to be the one I completed my aspiration with. Number eight.

I decided it was time to cut all ties.

So, the next day I called all seven of them to meet up with me at the local karaoke club. I felt bad to break so many hearts at once, but I had to do it.

(I think they were all confused as to why I was in the back looking quite pitiful)

But I did it, I broke up with them one by one. Some were okay- others were not. But at the end of the day I was officially single.

Later that night I called Maddox to see if he wanted to come over for dinner. He told me that his dad was over and asked if he could come along too. At first I was a little nervous but I figured I would have to meet him sooner or later.

Turns out his dad is Don Lothario, now it makes sense as to where Maddox got his good looks!

Don was really sweet, just like his son. We had a great night and it was obvious that they had a close relationship. And I know I keep talking about how good Maddox looks, but I also really do love his personality too. There's just something about a guy that cares a lot for his family, you know?

Unfortunately a few days later Don passed away in his sleep. Maddox was a complete wreck for awhile and I was glad I was able to be there for support. In a way it helped us grow stronger together and eventually he moved in and we were officially together.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
You're really moving along nicely and doing a good job of giving your Sims different voices. That Maddox is a cutie!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2019, 12:09:08 PM »
@reggikko Thank you! I'm glad you can see the differences- I try to change things up but sometimes forget to add in extra personality when trying to catch up on the stories. But in this case, I had to write the story twice because I accidentally clicked exit on the browser. Haha (I should write it up on a word doc but meh)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 12* 6/18
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 09:11:47 PM »
Chapter 12

I'd like to think that most girls have a special bond with their fathers...

Always there when I needed him with a big hug and a smile.

And you never realize how much you'll miss someone... Until they are gone.

Mom especially had a rough time, he was after all the love of her life.
I'm really glad we could go through this together at least.

Maddox was also a big support for me through it all. Even when I went through a phase of falling asleep every time he came over. Hehe

Through the weeks that followed mom and I grew a lot closer and she ended up moving in with me, which was good because there was something special coming our way.

Me: " Mom, I have some important news to tell you!"
Mintie: " Well out with it! What's the big news?!"
Me: " Maddox and I are going to have a nooboo!!"

Mom also wanted to make sure she was around for awhile to meet the new bundle of joy whenever he/she would arrive, so she used the last bit of her aspiration points to buy her a little extra time. You have no idea how good I feel knowing she will be around for awhile longer.

Also as soon as Maddox came over after work I told him the news too. I think he's rather happy about it!

I think he is going to be a rather good daddy too!

He also ended up moving in too, might as well have another pair of hands to help me around the house- after all I'm bound to be a potential whale soon.

In other news....

I also have been making great strides as a local politician. I think I went a little overboard there for awhile after dad's death, but it definitely helped me keep moving forward! Most everyone I've spoken too has agreed to vote for me! I've got 3 more promotions till I'm at the top of the food chain!

I went a little crazy and bought an old garage door to practice painting my political mural as well.

Anyways, mom is making us all some dinner so I better get off here!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 09:22:09 PM »
Well of course Maddox is gorgeous!  Look his Dad was.  I think she picked a winner in him.  No way I'd want to do the serial romantic thing.  Too much work, too many broken hearts.
I love the way this is all coming together.  They should have a fantastic nooboo together.  So sorry on the deaths though.  At least she may last long enough to hold her grandchild.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 10:49:55 AM »
@Joria So true! It’s cool how in everyone’s game the original sims have completely different families and offspring. And yeah I’m not a fan of that aspiration but without this challenge I probably would have never done it! So at least now I can say I did it once and got it over with. Although most of those boys still call her wanting them to go to parties with her. Lol!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 13* 6/25
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2019, 07:22:32 PM »
Chapter 13

Weweee, it's been quite the adventure! First off, pregnancy was AWFUL- though Maddox looks cute in this pic at least.

Second of all, welcome Sunny Berry!

She came out a bit of a shade different than Maddox and I, but the doctor said it was nothing to be concerned about. (Yes, Maddox is the father, a very sweet one too!)

Mom especially took on a big role in Sunny's life. She was definitely a much better at the whole mom thing than I am- so I'm totally fine with her taking the reigns on this one! Don't get me wrong, I love Sunny- but I want her to be raised right.

Maddox and I also got a chance to go on a date night. It was nice to go out and feel like adults again.
We ate dinner at a nice restaurant and then took a little stroll along the river bank and then...

*Maddox stops and gets on one knee*
Maddox: " Ros, I know that we can't actually get married for awhile- but I want you to know I'm serious about loving you, and only you. So I got you a ring."

He's relatively romantic, but words aren't necessarily his strong suit if you can't tell. But he sure does know how to pick a pretty flower at least. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon it was time for our little bundle to grow into a toddler, I let mom do the honors. I think I am just a little sad the baby phase is already over...

She is quite hard headed, and we can always count on finding some messes around the house. I think mom understands now why we just hired a maid.

Sunny also enjoys being outside, staring at the sky and playing in her kiddie pool. Not really sure why- but at least there is somethings she enjoys.

I really hope we are raising her right... It takes a village right? I feel like maybe my daughter loves my mom more than me, but maybe that's just how it is since I'm working a lot still?  I just hope she does know I love her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:

So I have no idea why she had a much darker skin tone as a baby and then it corrected itself as a toddler- I tried with and without CC so not sure what the glitch was!
Also, one of the generation rules was for Sunny to only have a close relationship to Mintie (until she passes) and no one else- so that's also why I elected for her to stay around a little longer!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2019, 02:34:33 PM »
Sunny is a cutie-pie!  She looks like she'll be perfect for the next generation.

I've had babies in my game with dark skin who aged up with a medium skin tone.  I think there are less skins for the game to choose from for babies and sometimes it doesn't pick the right shade. 

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »
@BallerinaHippo Thanks friend! And yeah I've never had it happen before till now, but I'm just glad it corrected itself! I kinda wished babies had some customization though in general.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 14* 6/30
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2019, 10:48:39 PM »
Chapter 14

Before we knew it, sweet Sunny grew up into a bright girl!

She absolutely adores her grandmother, which is quite helpful because I've got a lot of work to do on the political side of things!

We also got a new swimming pool and hot tub installed since between mom's retirement and my paycheck- we have a little extra simoleons to spare.

I felt like mom also was getting a tad lonely since dad died..she invited a few men over every once in awhile. They never stayed around long, but she looks happy most of the time at least!

Sunny also took a strong liking to things of a scientific nature- which again I attribute to her bond with my mother. I'm glad she enjoys her studies.

We all knew mom's life would end soon, so we all tried to spend as much time as we could with her.

Then sadly one night during our annual Spooky Party... it was time for mom to pass on into the netherworld.

I had prepared myself for this day and knew it would happen soon, but poor Sunny...it hit her sweet little soul the most.

She seems somewhat different now, but I hope as time goes on her wounds will heal.

R.I.P. Mint Generation

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »
Why yes, I did just binge read this whole thing  ;=)  Really enjoying your narrative.  The founders are great storytellers and your Sims are quite lovely!  Can't believe your good/bad luck with Ros' wedding experience!!  Brilliant for the narrative, but such a tragedy for the Sim!!
Looking forward to seeing Sunny all grown up so we can see if she favors her mom or dad more (fingers crossed for mom...I mean, Ros is lovely!).

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2019, 09:24:22 PM »
@PeregrineTook Lol, I'm glad it was binge-worthy! I know this story has literally had the weirdest stuff happen- most of which I just choose to keep out because it would begin to look like I made it happen- and sometimes the chapters get a little long. Haha!
I hope she looks more like her mom too- those good looking Don Lothario genes are definitely working in Ros' favor. Thanks for reading :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2019, 12:19:20 AM »
So sorry to see  the Mint side go.  Guess it had to happen.  Poor Sunny was bereft.  Love her looks and the way she is acting.  A true daughter of Rose.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 15* 7/11
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2019, 03:43:05 PM »
@Joria It was hard to see her go for me too, I was rather attached since she was the first Heir :(

Chapter 15

Throughout the days that followed my mom's death, Sunny kept to herself in her room. However, she has definitely excelled in school and all things mental- she's quite different from me..And quite honestly I don't know what to do about it?

Maddox and I noticed her love of science, so we ended up buying her a chemistry set.

Meanwhile I have reached the upper crust of my career. I am now the Leader of the Sim Nation. I'm completely honored my fellow sims voted me into office! It's sort of stressful being so important, but I think I'll make it.

Maddox ended up quitting his tech job and doing landscaping because he "preferred" to be outside more. Doesn't really matter, I make enough Simoleons for the both of us. I think it stresses him out more than anything though. So we decided it would be best to take a family vacation... I also wanted to try and spend some time with Sunny too.

So we traveled to Selvadorada for some much needed relaxation. However, I didn't realize how rustic things were- I definitely didn't pack the right clothing. But Maddox always knows how to make me feel better. ;)

(I never realized how pretty the jungle was until I find spots for screenshots!)

We went into town as well. Sunny immediately found some things she wanted from a local vendor and we also tried out some local cuisine.

She also found a cute little kitten hiding out behind a bench. She convinced me to let her have it, and named it Jax.
I was okay with it because it had been awhile since Ruby left- and we needed some more cuteness around the house.

As the trip went on, Sunny warmed up to me and her father. I think she's feeling a lot better after mom died- I think this trip has done her some good. I on the other hand was a complete wreck. Between the heat and bugs- I was OVER IT.

We eventually made our way back home, just in time to plan a birthday party for Sunny.
She wanted it at the local Science Center, and I happily obliged.

As we toured the second floor, Sunny stops me in front of a statue of one of the famous Astronauts of the SimNation-Lorali Jenkins.

Sunny: " Mom? Do you think I could be an Astronaut like her one day?"
Me: " Why of course sweetie, you can be anything you want to be!"

She beamed with excitement over the idea, and bounced down the stairs ready to blow out some candles.

She grew up into a beautiful teen, much different than me- but that's okay because I know she will do great things one day.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
She is a beauty for sure.  It's going to be interesting to see how she handles her love of science and whether or not she opts for astronaut career!  Lots of fun ahead.  Love the way you write.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2019, 11:06:48 AM »
Such a cute little family.  Little Sunny is just adorable and grew into a very lovely young teen.  Are you getting color-coordinated pets for all of your heirs?  Must say, that is accessorizing at its finest!  Speaking of accessorizing and fashion, I think Rose's jungle attire was fantastic despite her claims to the contrary.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 16* 7/13
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2019, 04:00:44 PM »
@Joria She definitely is, she had some big cheeks before but they have evened out so far!

@PeregrineTook Thanks! And why yes as an avid animal-lover, I definitely give them all color-coordinated pets! Every household I make always has a pet. Haha I also spend a ridiculous amount of time finding coordinated clothing CC too. I only wished my wardrobe looked like theirs! Hahaha

Chapter 16

So I finally convinced Sunny to have a sit down chat with me about her future. I told her about her requirements to keep the generation going and she was happy that it lined up were her own personal endeavors- I'm really happy for her, because you know how much I hated mine!

The next day I had my dreaded elder birthday...Yes, it was good because Maddox and I could get married-but it's really giving me a complex on the sheer amount of wrinkles that cover my face/body now. It also turned my hair gray, but I fixed that in no time.

Maddox also had his elder birthday...Still a major hottie.

Since we are both elders now, we decided to have a destination Wedding in a place called Sulani- we figured Sunny will be okay by herself since she is quite the responsible teen and barely leaves the house.

And we finally had the chance to call each other husband and wife. <3

The next few days of our honeymoon were spent relaxing and playing in the sand.

When we returned, the house was clean and Sunny was locked up in her room again...And since there was no risk of pregnancy...
I know it's a little dangerous to be so frisky in our old age, but what else do you expect newlyweds to do?

On the other hand, Sunny kept herself busy in her studies to better prepare her for the next stage of life. Besides school, she's also become quite the accomplished woodworker too.

The time came for her to transition into her generation, I worry she won't find anyone to share her life with-especially with her father and I aging so quickly...I only hope someone comes along to watch after her when we are gone.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Rose is so gorgeous!!  Sorry to see her generation come to an end, but looking forward to getting to hear Sunny's narrator voice  :=)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
@PeregrineTook Thank you! I am sad, but at the same time kinda glad- it was a rough generation to get through because it did cover a lot of things I don't normally like to do in game (serial romantic etc.) And I'm still trying to figure out just how to voice her because she is the loner type and not very outspoken. :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Chapter 17

Hi everyone...My name is Sunny- but of course you already know that. Umm anyways, sorry I'm not really good at this whole talking thing, but I'll try my best. Anyways, back to the update.

I got some very important piece of mail today. I had recently applied to the Sim's Space Academy, and I got in!

After that news I decided it was time to move out into my own place. My entire life so far was cooped up in a loft apartment in San Myshuno and I really wanted to go somewhere less "people-y". I found this really great lot in Strangerville- it's a very strange neighborhood, but aside from people walking funny every now and then I'm mostly left to my own devices. It also came with a rocket ship workshop so I can finally build one!

It has some really great views from my back patio- I'm thoroughly enjoying doing my yoga routines out there too. Did I mention I'm loving my alone time?

I also ended up adopting another kitty- felt like my sweet Jax needed a girlfriend.
Meet Luna!

After settling in, my first plan was to start building my rocket. It's literally been my life long dream to do this. I had been working on my handiness skill for awhile so I feel like I've got this in the bag. However, it's pretty hot here in the desert so most of my work has been done at night.

The next day I got a phone call from dad that told me mom wasn't doing so well...I know her and I weren't very close but I will still miss her. I think most of my issues with her stem from her seemingly obsession with my dad. I felt though most of my life was spent on the outskirts, and the only time I felt completely loved was when grandma was around.
It's okay though- I know she tried her best.

So, I went home and visited a little bit.

I know she was happy to see me, and I was glad I was able to be there in her last moments. A few hours later she drew her last breath on this world and I was made the sole heir of this colorful generation.

R.I.P. Rosalie Berry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yellow Generation Requirements:

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
RIP Rosalie!  It was an interesting and challenging generation, but I think sweet Sunny will have just as interesting a time of it.  I've never done the astronaut career so this will be exciting for me to read about.  Good luck, Sunny!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
My poor Rose!!  She was such a darling and had so many weird mishaps (her wedding day, for example) and managed to fight her way through them.  So sad to hear that Sunny didn't feel close to her, but sweet that they were together at the end.
Sunny's new house is nice!!  When she was talking about getting her own little place, I kind of expected a quaint, little cabin or something.  Totally missed the mark with that one!! 
I think you're doing her awkwardly unsociable voice quite nicely, by the way  ;=)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Thanks Ladies!

@Joria I think I've done the Astronaut career one time before- it's supposedly one of the best paid jobs too!

@PeregrineTook Yeah I think they just didn't understand each other very well- and I think Rose struggled with being a parent in the first place. And I thought about a quaint cabin, but she needed room to place and also since she grew up in a cooped up apartment she went a little more spacious to house all her cats and rocketship. ;) Plus I found this house on the gallery specifically for the Yellow Gen and I couldn't pass it up! I think it's my favorite house so far.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
I'm sorry to see Rose go, but excited about Sunny's generation.  I like how independent Sunny is.  And two cats!  Yay for more pets!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
@BallerinaHippo Definitely! I'm excited about this generation it's turning out so well & I just keep wanting to play. I'll get back to my shipwreck fam at some point though. Haha!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 18

So I branched out today into town and went to the local City Hall/ Library. I was really wanting to find a good book to read during the hot summer days. As I was pursuing the shelves I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Librarian: " Hi, Miss? Do you need help finding something?"
Me: " Oh, Hi- Umm I was just looking for a new book to read"
Librarian: " Well may I suggest a few of my personal favorites? My name is Bentley, I'm the Librarian here."
Me: "Sure.. Uhh Thanks"

So he went over some of his favorite books like "Aliens Don't Need Sunglasses" and "Heroes of SimCity: Candid Portraits and Tales"
He was pretty cute, but I was too shy to really say anything. Maybe I'll just come to the Library a little more often... He then spoke up again and snapped me out of my thoughts.

Bentley: " So there's a great flea market on Saturdays that sometimes sells some really cool books- can I get your number to uhh call you later about it?"

It's like he read my mind and made it super easy for me to spend some more time with him. So on Saturday we ended up meeting up at the Flea Market- not my typical way to spend a Saturday with a bunch of people, but I'll do it for him.

Over the weeks that followed we ended up spending more and more time together. We've gotten to know each other quite well and became best of friends. It's nice to have someone close around- especially in a new town. He also makes me branch out and do things that I normally don't do- like karaoke.

Then one night he asked me on a date. I can't say I'm surprised because my feelings for him other than a friend have been growing, I was quite nervous. Somehow though he always knows how to make me feel calm and we ended up having a really good time, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and turned out he quite the dancer. :)

He's just the right amount of sweet without being overbearing. Most days spent together involve reading, swimming/kissing and having some summer BBQs with my father- speaking of him, he also really loves Bentley too.

When I'm not spending time with him ( I know crazy right? But I still get some alone time to recharge) I'm still training to be an Astronaut and today I finally get to go into space for the first time!

The journey was exciting, I saw a few asteroid fields and some cool looking planets. I'm hoping now that I'm completely trained I can take a few trips on my own.

I also took a walk around downtown and found a weird curio shop that sold a bunch of random things. I ended up getting a cool looking lava lamp.

When I got home I spent more time upgrading my rocket, and a few things around the house. Life is a lot better than I could of ever imagined- and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 18* 7/15
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »
Bentley and Sunny are cute together.  He's even a blonde!  I've always found that the library is a great place for my sims to meet people, and the librarians usually have good traits.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 18* 7/15
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
Bentley is quite the find.  Yes, the library is definitely the way to go to find an awesome spouse!  Their "bad" traits are usually something like "neat", nothing really bad at all, although I did find one that was evil.  I love Sunny's cat!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 19* 7/25
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2019, 09:18:43 PM »
@BallerinaHippo @Joria Yes! He only needed a tad bit of a CAS hair/clothing re-do (didn't change the hair color though!) and he shaped up to be quite handsome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19

I think Harvestfest is my absolute favorite holiday. Aside from the creepy gnomes that leave random seeds around the house & get angry when they don't like the pie you give them...I still enjoyed cooking dinner for Bentley and Dad.

Little did I know as I was cleaning the dishes, Bentley was up to something.

Bentley: " Hey so as you know, your daughter and I have become pretty serious and I love her dearly...So I was wondering if I had your permission to ask her to marry me?"
Maddox: " Of course! You are the son I never had and I would gladly welcome you into our little family. I think you two are perfect together."

So later that night we took a little walk across the plateau behind my house...

Bentley: " Sunny, if someone had told me I would of met the love of my life at the library- I would of called them crazy.
I've never known a love like this and I want you to be with me forever. Would you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"
Me: " Bentley... wow umm I didn't see this coming! So that's why you and dad were being secretive the other day..."
Bentley: " Well yes.. uhh soo do you want too?"
Me: " Oh, yes yes YES!!! sorry, you know I think too much sometimes."

Unfortunately that night my dad passed away, so we planned to elope the next morning- anything more than that would just feel weird and wrong. So we both called into work the next day and decided to have a little ceremony just the both of us (+ the cats) in front of the place we met.

Then we went to the park to decompress the day and view the beautiful landscape- well sorta.

Later that night, we decided to have some fun in a way I had always wanted to try. Rocket Woohoo!

The next morning I felt sick to my stomach, I tried to work through it but I "simoogled" my symptoms and turns out I might be pregnant already!
I took a test and it was positive, I'm sorta scared about it- but Bentley was overjoyed.

I know as long as Bentley is by my side there's nothing we can't do together- and that includes raising a child. I'm really hoping he or she loves him dearly because I still need my alone time!

Anyways I'm starting to feel sick again- so enjoy these pictures we took during my 2nd trimester while I go throw my guts up again.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Aww, the next color] generation is on its way!!  And Bentley is such a nice fit as her sweet-but-not-overbearing hubby.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 20* 7/29
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 09:56:55 PM »
@PeregrineTook Yes! Super exciting :D Bentley is my favorite spouse so far <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

Gosh, this pregnancy is exhausting. I usually get home before Bentley does- so naps are definitely in session every afternoon. From what I hear, I better soak up the sleep while I can!

Over the last few months we have been working on the nursery, it turned out perfectly!

Even with all the hustle and bustle of the impending baby, I still found some time to upgrade a few things around the house as well. It wasn't easy to bend down with a big belly, but I made it!

One night, I was woken up by a ferocious kick and intense pain- it was time! I had to shake Bentley awake because he didn't even hear me get up. 

We rushed to the hospital, checked in, and now on our way to meet our bundle of joy!

Labor was long, but towards the end I still was able to have somewhat of a smile on my face.

After 12 hours, our baby boy Asher Berry was born.

Like I had hoped, he is completely enamored with his father.

Soon it was time for him to grow into a bouncy toddler, he's already giving us all a run for our money!

He's definitely a wild one and keeps us on our toes, but he loves big and has the sweetest little soul.

Undies are the "clothing" of choice for these two. Like father, like son! I quit trying to dress him most of the time at home because I end up finding his clothes all around the house.

And when he finally goes to bed at night, we still enjoy watching some of our favorite TV shows together to keep our sanity.

In the end, it's definitely been a challenge but we both love our boy and wouldn't have it any other way!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Notes:

Asher's room literally turned out so cute, and I'm quite happy with it. I also just really figured out how to use pose player- and I loveeee it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »
Welcome Asher!  Are the "colors" something you choose or are they randomly or deliberately part of the rules?  it's been really interesting, from Mint on.  Can hardly wait to see what Asher does.  I love the nursery!  Would love to learn how to pose my Sims but I think it's a skill beyond me at the moment, I still can't figure out how to do multiple screenshots in one or how to capture the pictures of achievements or rewards that show up on the screen.  So I guess I'll just have to love and enjoy all of yours!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »
Cute nursery.  I really like the wallpaper and that rocking chair.  And cute toddler, of course.  Asher is the perfect name.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
@Joria Each generation is assigned a color theme along with traits and things you have to complete before you can start on the next generation. It's a pretty relaxed challenge with not a ton of rules to keep track of- so I really enjoy it (I tend to forget some of the rules if there's a lot and mess up)! And the pose player I literally had to look up a youtube video to figure it all out. Haha And the multiple screenshots in one I just used good ole' windows paint app.

@BallerinaHippo  Thanks!! CC of course :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

I think it's safe to say that Bentley is indeed Asher's favorite person in this family.
Asher loves to play with his father and have me read books with him on the couch.

My sweet Jax also enjoys being in Asher's company- mostly when he's sleeping soundly though.

On my days off from the Sim Space Academy I've been working vigorously on my fitness. And I finally lost all my baby weight!

Soon it was time for Asher to grow up a little bit more.

He grew into a fun-loving child who thoroughly enjoys playing basketball or really anything outside. It's been good for Bentley and I- we spend a lot more time outside these days now. Between him playing bball and me enjoying some quiet time in the pool- we all have a summer tan all year round!

Most of the time I have to force Asher to come inside and do his homework- I'm glad we spent time when he was a toddler on some minor academics so most of his homework is a breeze.

One day he came up to me and asked me if he could have a little brother or sister. I honestly thought he would be the only child...But he's so cute I couldn't just say no.

Asher: "Mom?"
Me: " Yes hun?"
Asher: " Do you think maybe one day we could have a new brother or sister for me? I really want to show them my basketball moves and teach them about stuff. I mean you and dad are great- but you know."
Me: *gulp* "Well let me talk to you father about it and we will see. It's a big responsibility, but I know you'd be an excellent big brother."

So Bentley and I got to work, and we became pregnant again shortly after! I am sort of hoping for a girl this time.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2019, 10:20:17 AM »
Another pregnancy!  How exciting.  Will this new baby have it's own color as well?  What are the rules for multiple children?  Will this baby be a possible heir?  Looking forward to Asher's growing up.  It seems like he is a fun child to play although so far Sunny is my favorite along with Bentley.  I love their home and the colors she chose.
I admit I would have a hard time designing for a grey/ashen theme and you did a great job on the nursery.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2019, 01:50:34 PM »
A sibling, yay!  I like all the gray and yellow in this house.  It goes well together. 

This challenge looks interesting.  I may have to check it out (someday, when I finish everything else I've started!)

anything