Author Topic: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 8/11]  (Read 10735 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 7/27]
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2019, 10:17:08 PM »
Journal Entry: Last Assignment

So I knew my time was coming to an end. My hair is gray and my skin is getting more and more wrinkly as the days wane on...
I knew all my children were going to be fine without me. They were already very self sufficient already. Lulu is throughly enjoying creating a low impact work out. She seems more a peace than anyone on this tiny island.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Loto and I bonded with some routine morning fishing. I can see why Akamu loved this sport so much. It's quite rewarding!
As we were fishing we had a little talk about the future.

Me: "So, as you know dear...my days on this island are coming to an end. I want you to know that I've decided on who should be the heir of this Dynasty."
Loto" Mom, let me stop you right there. I don't want it- I just want to fish like dad and help around camp."
Me: "Well you made that easier for me. Haha"

Meanwhile my sweet Gia also aged up into a beautiful teen. I think she definitely looks a lot like me.

I also spoke to Lagi and told him he unfortunately was too old to carry the brunt of the work due to a little hick up with the last dynasty requirements.
Thankfully he understood though a little sad I think he sought solace with his sisters.

Lagi: " I mean I get I'm older- but I feel like I should have gotten it- I am the first born."
Lulu: " Well if she said no to you and Loto...I guess it's me or Gia next?"
Gia: " I mean I agree with Lagi, it should of been him...but if it's me I guess there's a good reason?"
Lulu: " Mother knows best right?"

It's such a hard choice between all 4 of my wonderful children but I think I came to a conclusion... Lu and Gia seem to have the best chance to continue this dynasty. However, so far any prospects for any of my children to marry has been next to none due to the majority of the villagers we've met were too old...So instead of one heir- I chose two! Better to double our chances right?

I think both girls will do very well with this new role, now we just need to find at least one of them a husband!
Speaking of... I think Lulu may have found quite the catch- and I don't mean fish! I guess this means we will be joining in on more village activities soon.

We went down to the beach later and I started to feel a little weird...and then it hit me. This was my end.
I looked at my kids one last time and Lu agreed to take over the journal writing from now on.
Now I will be with my Akamu forever.

R.I.P. Miri Matua

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 7/27] *NEW CHAPTER*
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
So sorry to see Miri go, but also excited to see how things go for the next generation with darling Lulu

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:15 AM »
Enjoying your story very much so far! Rest in peace, Miri.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 08:56:24 PM »
What a lovely family! And a lovely setting, too.
@oshizu, good to see you posting again. We've missed you!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 8/11]
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2019, 08:56:41 PM »
@PeregrineTook @oshizu @MarianT
Thanks guys!! I was sad to see Miri go as well- it's definitely more sad when the first generation dies in my opinion. :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal Entry: New Day, Dark Night

It has been pretty hard living day to day without mom around. She always had a way to make you feel loved and appreciated. But now it's mine and Gia's turn to take on the load.

After reading mom's last entry I saw where she had mentioned me meeting Henry...Well he has definitely been coming around more lately. It's been sort of hard to find time to practice some of my skills, but I think it'll all be worth it.

Lagi also decided to play the "dad" role and made sure he was a good guy.

I think he won Lagi over because the next day he proposed! I said yes of course :)

The next day we had a small little wedding in the nearby park. Gia did a wonderful job at using palm branches to make a lovely little archway for us.

We also built us a tiny shack on the other side of the island to have a little bit of privacy and to celebrate our marriage.

My garden had began to grow some beautiful flowers so I figured it would be a good idea to practice some of my flower arrangement skills. The ladies in the village really love them, so I think I'll continue to make new ones!

Loto also caught some weird berry while fishing, and when I planted it... It definitely grew into something more "alive" than I was thinking. But so far whatever it is...seems to like me?

One night I woke up to Loto shaking me awake. He told me that Lagi was missing. Loto, Henry, Gia and I began searching the island and couldn't find him. So we ended up searching the nearby waters to see if maybe he just went for a late night swim.
But we unfortunately found him too late. Lagi seemed to have went swimming and exhausted himself trying to swim back to the island.
We are completely heart broken, but at least he died doing something he loved to do. I'll miss him so much...

It's more quiet around the island now without my big brother around. We've suffered a lot of loss recent, but I think we might be adding another to the fold soon...turns out I'm pregnant!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I feel so bad! I literally had no idea Lagi was so exhausted that he could drown. I've never had a sim die that way- and it was pretty gruesome in my opinion.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 8/11] *NEW*
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2019, 09:32:12 PM »
Oh no!  Catching up and find Matua gone and that horrible drowning!  I never knew they could get exhausted like that and drown!  On the bright side, the pregnancy and Henry!  I'm hoping the rest of the tale doesn't have such things like the drowning!  (Death comes to all, sad but true, so Matua reached her end peacefully.)
Still loving this story.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 8/11] *NEW*
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2019, 09:56:17 PM »
@Joria Yeah I had no idea either! I just randomly heard the death noise and saw all that going down before I had a chance to actually save him. I need to keep a better tabs on all the sims around the island it seems like. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.