Author Topic: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*  (Read 19837 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 13* 6/25
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2019, 02:34:33 PM »
Sunny is a cutie-pie!  She looks like she'll be perfect for the next generation.

I've had babies in my game with dark skin who aged up with a medium skin tone.  I think there are less skins for the game to choose from for babies and sometimes it doesn't pick the right shade. 

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 13* 6/25
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »
@BallerinaHippo Thanks friend! And yeah I've never had it happen before till now, but I'm just glad it corrected itself! I kinda wished babies had some customization though in general.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 14* 6/30
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2019, 10:48:39 PM »
Chapter 14

Before we knew it, sweet Sunny grew up into a bright girl!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She absolutely adores her grandmother, which is quite helpful because I've got a lot of work to do on the political side of things!

We also got a new swimming pool and hot tub installed since between mom's retirement and my paycheck- we have a little extra simoleons to spare.

I felt like mom also was getting a tad lonely since dad died..she invited a few men over every once in awhile. They never stayed around long, but she looks happy most of the time at least!

Sunny also took a strong liking to things of a scientific nature- which again I attribute to her bond with my mother. I'm glad she enjoys her studies.

We all knew mom's life would end soon, so we all tried to spend as much time as we could with her.

Then sadly one night during our annual Spooky Party... it was time for mom to pass on into the netherworld.

I had prepared myself for this day and knew it would happen soon, but poor Sunny...it hit her sweet little soul the most.

She seems somewhat different now, but I hope as time goes on her wounds will heal.

R.I.P. Mint Generation

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »
Why yes, I did just binge read this whole thing  ;=)  Really enjoying your narrative.  The founders are great storytellers and your Sims are quite lovely!  Can't believe your good/bad luck with Ros' wedding experience!!  Brilliant for the narrative, but such a tragedy for the Sim!!
Looking forward to seeing Sunny all grown up so we can see if she favors her mom or dad more (fingers crossed for mom...I mean, Ros is lovely!).

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2019, 09:24:22 PM »
@PeregrineTook Lol, I'm glad it was binge-worthy! I know this story has literally had the weirdest stuff happen- most of which I just choose to keep out because it would begin to look like I made it happen- and sometimes the chapters get a little long. Haha!
I hope she looks more like her mom too- those good looking Don Lothario genes are definitely working in Ros' favor. Thanks for reading :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2019, 12:19:20 AM »
So sorry to see  the Mint side go.  Guess it had to happen.  Poor Sunny was bereft.  Love her looks and the way she is acting.  A true daughter of Rose.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 15* 7/11
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2019, 03:43:05 PM »
@Joria It was hard to see her go for me too, I was rather attached since she was the first Heir :(

Chapter 15

Throughout the days that followed my mom's death, Sunny kept to herself in her room. However, she has definitely excelled in school and all things mental- she's quite different from me..And quite honestly I don't know what to do about it?

Maddox and I noticed her love of science, so we ended up buying her a chemistry set.

Meanwhile I have reached the upper crust of my career. I am now the Leader of the Sim Nation. I'm completely honored my fellow sims voted me into office! It's sort of stressful being so important, but I think I'll make it.

Maddox ended up quitting his tech job and doing landscaping because he "preferred" to be outside more. Doesn't really matter, I make enough Simoleons for the both of us. I think it stresses him out more than anything though. So we decided it would be best to take a family vacation... I also wanted to try and spend some time with Sunny too.

So we traveled to Selvadorada for some much needed relaxation. However, I didn't realize how rustic things were- I definitely didn't pack the right clothing. But Maddox always knows how to make me feel better. ;)

(I never realized how pretty the jungle was until I find spots for screenshots!)

We went into town as well. Sunny immediately found some things she wanted from a local vendor and we also tried out some local cuisine.

She also found a cute little kitten hiding out behind a bench. She convinced me to let her have it, and named it Jax.
I was okay with it because it had been awhile since Ruby left- and we needed some more cuteness around the house.

As the trip went on, Sunny warmed up to me and her father. I think she's feeling a lot better after mom died- I think this trip has done her some good. I on the other hand was a complete wreck. Between the heat and bugs- I was OVER IT.

We eventually made our way back home, just in time to plan a birthday party for Sunny.
She wanted it at the local Science Center, and I happily obliged.

As we toured the second floor, Sunny stops me in front of a statue of one of the famous Astronauts of the SimNation-Lorali Jenkins.

Sunny: " Mom? Do you think I could be an Astronaut like her one day?"
Me: " Why of course sweetie, you can be anything you want to be!"

She beamed with excitement over the idea, and bounced down the stairs ready to blow out some candles.

She grew up into a beautiful teen, much different than me- but that's okay because I know she will do great things one day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
She is a beauty for sure.  It's going to be interesting to see how she handles her love of science and whether or not she opts for astronaut career!  Lots of fun ahead.  Love the way you write.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2019, 11:06:48 AM »
Such a cute little family.  Little Sunny is just adorable and grew into a very lovely young teen.  Are you getting color-coordinated pets for all of your heirs?  Must say, that is accessorizing at its finest!  Speaking of accessorizing and fashion, I think Rose's jungle attire was fantastic despite her claims to the contrary.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 16* 7/13
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2019, 04:00:44 PM »
@Joria She definitely is, she had some big cheeks before but they have evened out so far!

@PeregrineTook Thanks! And why yes as an avid animal-lover, I definitely give them all color-coordinated pets! Every household I make always has a pet. Haha I also spend a ridiculous amount of time finding coordinated clothing CC too. I only wished my wardrobe looked like theirs! Hahaha

Chapter 16

So I finally convinced Sunny to have a sit down chat with me about her future. I told her about her requirements to keep the generation going and she was happy that it lined up were her own personal endeavors- I'm really happy for her, because you know how much I hated mine!

The next day I had my dreaded elder birthday...Yes, it was good because Maddox and I could get married-but it's really giving me a complex on the sheer amount of wrinkles that cover my face/body now. It also turned my hair gray, but I fixed that in no time.

Maddox also had his elder birthday...Still a major hottie.

Since we are both elders now, we decided to have a destination Wedding in a place called Sulani- we figured Sunny will be okay by herself since she is quite the responsible teen and barely leaves the house.

And we finally had the chance to call each other husband and wife. <3

The next few days of our honeymoon were spent relaxing and playing in the sand.

When we returned, the house was clean and Sunny was locked up in her room again...And since there was no risk of pregnancy...
I know it's a little dangerous to be so frisky in our old age, but what else do you expect newlyweds to do?

On the other hand, Sunny kept herself busy in her studies to better prepare her for the next stage of life. Besides school, she's also become quite the accomplished woodworker too.

The time came for her to transition into her generation, I worry she won't find anyone to share her life with-especially with her father and I aging so quickly...I only hope someone comes along to watch after her when we are gone.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Rose is so gorgeous!!  Sorry to see her generation come to an end, but looking forward to getting to hear Sunny's narrator voice  :=)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
@PeregrineTook Thank you! I am sad, but at the same time kinda glad- it was a rough generation to get through because it did cover a lot of things I don't normally like to do in game (serial romantic etc.) And I'm still trying to figure out just how to voice her because she is the loner type and not very outspoken. :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Chapter 17

Hi everyone...My name is Sunny- but of course you already know that. Umm anyways, sorry I'm not really good at this whole talking thing, but I'll try my best. Anyways, back to the update.

I got some very important piece of mail today. I had recently applied to the Sim's Space Academy, and I got in!

After that news I decided it was time to move out into my own place. My entire life so far was cooped up in a loft apartment in San Myshuno and I really wanted to go somewhere less "people-y". I found this really great lot in Strangerville- it's a very strange neighborhood, but aside from people walking funny every now and then I'm mostly left to my own devices. It also came with a rocket ship workshop so I can finally build one!

It has some really great views from my back patio- I'm thoroughly enjoying doing my yoga routines out there too. Did I mention I'm loving my alone time?

I also ended up adopting another kitty- felt like my sweet Jax needed a girlfriend.
Meet Luna!

After settling in, my first plan was to start building my rocket. It's literally been my life long dream to do this. I had been working on my handiness skill for awhile so I feel like I've got this in the bag. However, it's pretty hot here in the desert so most of my work has been done at night.

The next day I got a phone call from dad that told me mom wasn't doing so well...I know her and I weren't very close but I will still miss her. I think most of my issues with her stem from her seemingly obsession with my dad. I felt though most of my life was spent on the outskirts, and the only time I felt completely loved was when grandma was around.
It's okay though- I know she tried her best.

So, I went home and visited a little bit.

I know she was happy to see me, and I was glad I was able to be there in her last moments. A few hours later she drew her last breath on this world and I was made the sole heir of this colorful generation.

R.I.P. Rosalie Berry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yellow Generation Requirements:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
RIP Rosalie!  It was an interesting and challenging generation, but I think sweet Sunny will have just as interesting a time of it.  I've never done the astronaut career so this will be exciting for me to read about.  Good luck, Sunny!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
My poor Rose!!  She was such a darling and had so many weird mishaps (her wedding day, for example) and managed to fight her way through them.  So sad to hear that Sunny didn't feel close to her, but sweet that they were together at the end.
Sunny's new house is nice!!  When she was talking about getting her own little place, I kind of expected a quaint, little cabin or something.  Totally missed the mark with that one!! 
I think you're doing her awkwardly unsociable voice quite nicely, by the way  ;=)

anything