Author Topic: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 14* 6/30
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2019, 12:19:20 AM »
So sorry to see  the Mint side go.  Guess it had to happen.  Poor Sunny was bereft.  Love her looks and the way she is acting.  A true daughter of Rose.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 15* 7/11
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2019, 03:43:05 PM »
@Joria It was hard to see her go for me too, I was rather attached since she was the first Heir :(

Chapter 15

Throughout the days that followed my mom's death, Sunny kept to herself in her room. However, she has definitely excelled in school and all things mental- she's quite different from me..And quite honestly I don't know what to do about it?

image195.jpg

Maddox and I noticed her love of science, so we ended up buying her a chemistry set.

image218.jpg

Meanwhile I have reached the upper crust of my career. I am now the Leader of the Sim Nation. I'm completely honored my fellow sims voted me into office! It's sort of stressful being so important, but I think I'll make it.

image206.jpg

Maddox ended up quitting his tech job and doing landscaping because he "preferred" to be outside more. Doesn't really matter, I make enough Simoleons for the both of us. I think it stresses him out more than anything though. So we decided it would be best to take a family vacation... I also wanted to try and spend some time with Sunny too.

image219.jpg

So we traveled to Selvadorada for some much needed relaxation. However, I didn't realize how rustic things were- I definitely didn't pack the right clothing. But Maddox always knows how to make me feel better. ;)

image221.jpg
(I never realized how pretty the jungle was until I find spots for screenshots!)

We went into town as well. Sunny immediately found some things she wanted from a local vendor and we also tried out some local cuisine.

image228 (2).jpg
image222.jpg

She also found a cute little kitten hiding out behind a bench. She convinced me to let her have it, and named it Jax.
I was okay with it because it had been awhile since Ruby left- and we needed some more cuteness around the house.

image229.jpg

As the trip went on, Sunny warmed up to me and her father. I think she's feeling a lot better after mom died- I think this trip has done her some good. I on the other hand was a complete wreck. Between the heat and bugs- I was OVER IT.

image223.jpg
image226.jpg

We eventually made our way back home, just in time to plan a birthday party for Sunny.
She wanted it at the local Science Center, and I happily obliged.

image234.jpg

As we toured the second floor, Sunny stops me in front of a statue of one of the famous Astronauts of the SimNation-Lorali Jenkins.

image237.jpg

Sunny: " Mom? Do you think I could be an Astronaut like her one day?"
Me: " Why of course sweetie, you can be anything you want to be!"

She beamed with excitement over the idea, and bounced down the stairs ready to blow out some candles.

She grew up into a beautiful teen, much different than me- but that's okay because I know she will do great things one day.

image213.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
She is a beauty for sure.  It's going to be interesting to see how she handles her love of science and whether or not she opts for astronaut career!  Lots of fun ahead.  Love the way you write.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2019, 11:06:48 AM »
Such a cute little family.  Little Sunny is just adorable and grew into a very lovely young teen.  Are you getting color-coordinated pets for all of your heirs?  Must say, that is accessorizing at its finest!  Speaking of accessorizing and fashion, I think Rose's jungle attire was fantastic despite her claims to the contrary.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Rose Generation *Chapter 16* 7/13
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2019, 04:00:44 PM »
@Joria She definitely is, she had some big cheeks before but they have evened out so far!

@PeregrineTook Thanks! And why yes as an avid animal-lover, I definitely give them all color-coordinated pets! Every household I make always has a pet. Haha I also spend a ridiculous amount of time finding coordinated clothing CC too. I only wished my wardrobe looked like theirs! Hahaha

Chapter 16

So I finally convinced Sunny to have a sit down chat with me about her future. I told her about her requirements to keep the generation going and she was happy that it lined up were her own personal endeavors- I'm really happy for her, because you know how much I hated mine!

image248.jpg

The next day I had my dreaded elder birthday...Yes, it was good because Maddox and I could get married-but it's really giving me a complex on the sheer amount of wrinkles that cover my face/body now. It also turned my hair gray, but I fixed that in no time.

image250.jpg

Maddox also had his elder birthday...Still a major hottie.

image255.jpg

Since we are both elders now, we decided to have a destination Wedding in a place called Sulani- we figured Sunny will be okay by herself since she is quite the responsible teen and barely leaves the house.

And we finally had the chance to call each other husband and wife. <3

image263.jpg

The next few days of our honeymoon were spent relaxing and playing in the sand.

image264.jpg
image265.jpg

When we returned, the house was clean and Sunny was locked up in her room again...And since there was no risk of pregnancy...
I know it's a little dangerous to be so frisky in our old age, but what else do you expect newlyweds to do?
image257.jpg

On the other hand, Sunny kept herself busy in her studies to better prepare her for the next stage of life. Besides school, she's also become quite the accomplished woodworker too.

image245.jpg
image243.jpg

The time came for her to transition into her generation, I worry she won't find anyone to share her life with-especially with her father and I aging so quickly...I only hope someone comes along to watch after her when we are gone.

image269.jpg

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Rose is so gorgeous!!  Sorry to see her generation come to an end, but looking forward to getting to hear Sunny's narrator voice  :=)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
@PeregrineTook Thank you! I am sad, but at the same time kinda glad- it was a rough generation to get through because it did cover a lot of things I don't normally like to do in game (serial romantic etc.) And I'm still trying to figure out just how to voice her because she is the loner type and not very outspoken. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Chapter 17

Hi everyone...My name is Sunny- but of course you already know that. Umm anyways, sorry I'm not really good at this whole talking thing, but I'll try my best. Anyways, back to the update.

I got some very important piece of mail today. I had recently applied to the Sim's Space Academy, and I got in!

image271.jpg

After that news I decided it was time to move out into my own place. My entire life so far was cooped up in a loft apartment in San Myshuno and I really wanted to go somewhere less "people-y". I found this really great lot in Strangerville- it's a very strange neighborhood, but aside from people walking funny every now and then I'm mostly left to my own devices. It also came with a rocket ship workshop so I can finally build one!

It has some really great views from my back patio- I'm thoroughly enjoying doing my yoga routines out there too. Did I mention I'm loving my alone time?

I also ended up adopting another kitty- felt like my sweet Jax needed a girlfriend.
Meet Luna!

image295.jpg

After settling in, my first plan was to start building my rocket. It's literally been my life long dream to do this. I had been working on my handiness skill for awhile so I feel like I've got this in the bag. However, it's pretty hot here in the desert so most of my work has been done at night.

image298.jpg

The next day I got a phone call from dad that told me mom wasn't doing so well...I know her and I weren't very close but I will still miss her. I think most of my issues with her stem from her seemingly obsession with my dad. I felt though most of my life was spent on the outskirts, and the only time I felt completely loved was when grandma was around.
It's okay though- I know she tried her best.

So, I went home and visited a little bit.

image268.jpg

I know she was happy to see me, and I was glad I was able to be there in her last moments. A few hours later she drew her last breath on this world and I was made the sole heir of this colorful generation.

image287 (2).jpg

R.I.P. Rosalie Berry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yellow Generation Requirements:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
RIP Rosalie!  It was an interesting and challenging generation, but I think sweet Sunny will have just as interesting a time of it.  I've never done the astronaut career so this will be exciting for me to read about.  Good luck, Sunny!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
My poor Rose!!  She was such a darling and had so many weird mishaps (her wedding day, for example) and managed to fight her way through them.  So sad to hear that Sunny didn't feel close to her, but sweet that they were together at the end.
Sunny's new house is nice!!  When she was talking about getting her own little place, I kind of expected a quaint, little cabin or something.  Totally missed the mark with that one!! 
I think you're doing her awkwardly unsociable voice quite nicely, by the way  ;=)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Thanks Ladies!

@Joria I think I've done the Astronaut career one time before- it's supposedly one of the best paid jobs too!

@PeregrineTook Yeah I think they just didn't understand each other very well- and I think Rose struggled with being a parent in the first place. And I thought about a quaint cabin, but she needed room to place and also since she grew up in a cooped up apartment she went a little more spacious to house all her cats and rocketship. ;) Plus I found this house on the gallery specifically for the Yellow Gen and I couldn't pass it up! I think it's my favorite house so far.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
I'm sorry to see Rose go, but excited about Sunny's generation.  I like how independent Sunny is.  And two cats!  Yay for more pets!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
@BallerinaHippo Definitely! I'm excited about this generation it's turning out so well & I just keep wanting to play. I'll get back to my shipwreck fam at some point though. Haha!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 18

So I branched out today into town and went to the local City Hall/ Library. I was really wanting to find a good book to read during the hot summer days. As I was pursuing the shelves I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Librarian: " Hi, Miss? Do you need help finding something?"
Me: " Oh, Hi- Umm I was just looking for a new book to read"
Librarian: " Well may I suggest a few of my personal favorites? My name is Bentley, I'm the Librarian here."
Me: "Sure.. Uhh Thanks"

So he went over some of his favorite books like "Aliens Don't Need Sunglasses" and "Heroes of SimCity: Candid Portraits and Tales"
He was pretty cute, but I was too shy to really say anything. Maybe I'll just come to the Library a little more often... He then spoke up again and snapped me out of my thoughts.

Bentley: " So there's a great flea market on Saturdays that sometimes sells some really cool books- can I get your number to uhh call you later about it?"

It's like he read my mind and made it super easy for me to spend some more time with him. So on Saturday we ended up meeting up at the Flea Market- not my typical way to spend a Saturday with a bunch of people, but I'll do it for him.

image332.jpg

Over the weeks that followed we ended up spending more and more time together. We've gotten to know each other quite well and became best of friends. It's nice to have someone close around- especially in a new town. He also makes me branch out and do things that I normally don't do- like karaoke.

image335.jpg

Then one night he asked me on a date. I can't say I'm surprised because my feelings for him other than a friend have been growing, I was quite nervous. Somehow though he always knows how to make me feel calm and we ended up having a really good time, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and turned out he quite the dancer. :)

Untitled.jpg

He's just the right amount of sweet without being overbearing. Most days spent together involve reading, swimming/kissing and having some summer BBQs with my father- speaking of him, he also really loves Bentley too.

image326.jpg
image345.jpg
image316.jpg

When I'm not spending time with him ( I know crazy right? But I still get some alone time to recharge) I'm still training to be an Astronaut and today I finally get to go into space for the first time!

image371.jpg

The journey was exciting, I saw a few asteroid fields and some cool looking planets. I'm hoping now that I'm completely trained I can take a few trips on my own.

image330.jpg

I also took a walk around downtown and found a weird curio shop that sold a bunch of random things. I ended up getting a cool looking lava lamp.

image319.jpg

When I got home I spent more time upgrading my rocket, and a few things around the house. Life is a lot better than I could of ever imagined- and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 18* 7/15
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »
Bentley and Sunny are cute together.  He's even a blonde!  I've always found that the library is a great place for my sims to meet people, and the librarians usually have good traits.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 18* 7/15
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
Bentley is quite the find.  Yes, the library is definitely the way to go to find an awesome spouse!  Their "bad" traits are usually something like "neat", nothing really bad at all, although I did find one that was evil.  I love Sunny's cat!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 19* 7/25
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2019, 09:18:43 PM »
@BallerinaHippo @Joria Yes! He only needed a tad bit of a CAS hair/clothing re-do (didn't change the hair color though!) and he shaped up to be quite handsome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19

I think Harvestfest is my absolute favorite holiday. Aside from the creepy gnomes that leave random seeds around the house & get angry when they don't like the pie you give them...I still enjoyed cooking dinner for Bentley and Dad.

image364.jpg
image385.jpg

Little did I know as I was cleaning the dishes, Bentley was up to something.

image366.jpg

Bentley: " Hey so as you know, your daughter and I have become pretty serious and I love her dearly...So I was wondering if I had your permission to ask her to marry me?"
Maddox: " Of course! You are the son I never had and I would gladly welcome you into our little family. I think you two are perfect together."

So later that night we took a little walk across the plateau behind my house...

image367.jpg

Bentley: " Sunny, if someone had told me I would of met the love of my life at the library- I would of called them crazy.
I've never known a love like this and I want you to be with me forever. Would you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"
Me: " Bentley... wow umm I didn't see this coming! So that's why you and dad were being secretive the other day..."
Bentley: " Well yes.. uhh soo do you want too?"
Me: " Oh, yes yes YES!!! sorry, you know I think too much sometimes."

image369.jpg

Unfortunately that night my dad passed away, so we planned to elope the next morning- anything more than that would just feel weird and wrong. So we both called into work the next day and decided to have a little ceremony just the both of us (+ the cats) in front of the place we met.

image374 (3).jpg

Then we went to the park to decompress the day and view the beautiful landscape- well sorta.

image375.jpg
image377.jpg

Later that night, we decided to have some fun in a way I had always wanted to try. Rocket Woohoo!

image361.jpg

The next morning I felt sick to my stomach, I tried to work through it but I "simoogled" my symptoms and turns out I might be pregnant already!
I took a test and it was positive, I'm sorta scared about it- but Bentley was overjoyed.

image382.jpg

I know as long as Bentley is by my side there's nothing we can't do together- and that includes raising a child. I'm really hoping he or she loves him dearly because I still need my alone time!

Anyways I'm starting to feel sick again- so enjoy these pictures we took during my 2nd trimester while I go throw my guts up again.

image387.jpg
image386.jpg

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Aww, the next color] generation is on its way!!  And Bentley is such a nice fit as her sweet-but-not-overbearing hubby.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 20* 7/29
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 09:56:55 PM »
@PeregrineTook Yes! Super exciting :D Bentley is my favorite spouse so far <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20

Gosh, this pregnancy is exhausting. I usually get home before Bentley does- so naps are definitely in session every afternoon. From what I hear, I better soak up the sleep while I can!

image422.jpg

Over the last few months we have been working on the nursery, it turned out perfectly!

image434.jpg
image445.jpg

Even with all the hustle and bustle of the impending baby, I still found some time to upgrade a few things around the house as well. It wasn't easy to bend down with a big belly, but I made it!

image423.jpg

One night, I was woken up by a ferocious kick and intense pain- it was time! I had to shake Bentley awake because he didn't even hear me get up. 

image435.jpg

We rushed to the hospital, checked in, and now on our way to meet our bundle of joy!

image437.jpg

Labor was long, but towards the end I still was able to have somewhat of a smile on my face.

image438.jpg

After 12 hours, our baby boy Asher Berry was born.

image439.jpg

Like I had hoped, he is completely enamored with his father.

image440.jpg

Soon it was time for him to grow into a bouncy toddler, he's already giving us all a run for our money!

image451.jpg

He's definitely a wild one and keeps us on our toes, but he loves big and has the sweetest little soul.

image454.jpg
image452.jpg

Undies are the "clothing" of choice for these two. Like father, like son! I quit trying to dress him most of the time at home because I end up finding his clothes all around the house.

image453.jpg

And when he finally goes to bed at night, we still enjoy watching some of our favorite TV shows together to keep our sanity.

image462.jpg

In the end, it's definitely been a challenge but we both love our boy and wouldn't have it any other way!

image457.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Notes:

Asher's room literally turned out so cute, and I'm quite happy with it. I also just really figured out how to use pose player- and I loveeee it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »
Welcome Asher!  Are the "colors" something you choose or are they randomly or deliberately part of the rules?  it's been really interesting, from Mint on.  Can hardly wait to see what Asher does.  I love the nursery!  Would love to learn how to pose my Sims but I think it's a skill beyond me at the moment, I still can't figure out how to do multiple screenshots in one or how to capture the pictures of achievements or rewards that show up on the screen.  So I guess I'll just have to love and enjoy all of yours!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »
Cute nursery.  I really like the wallpaper and that rocking chair.  And cute toddler, of course.  Asher is the perfect name.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2019, 08:08:28 PM »
@Joria Each generation is assigned a color theme along with traits and things you have to complete before you can start on the next generation. It's a pretty relaxed challenge with not a ton of rules to keep track of- so I really enjoy it (I tend to forget some of the rules if there's a lot and mess up)! And the pose player I literally had to look up a youtube video to figure it all out. Haha And the multiple screenshots in one I just used good ole' windows paint app.

@BallerinaHippo  Thanks!! CC of course :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

I think it's safe to say that Bentley is indeed Asher's favorite person in this family.
Asher loves to play with his father and have me read books with him on the couch.

image481.jpg
image467.jpg

My sweet Jax also enjoys being in Asher's company- mostly when he's sleeping soundly though.

image475.jpg

On my days off from the Sim Space Academy I've been working vigorously on my fitness. And I finally lost all my baby weight!

image495.jpg

Soon it was time for Asher to grow up a little bit more.

image511.jpg

He grew into a fun-loving child who thoroughly enjoys playing basketball or really anything outside. It's been good for Bentley and I- we spend a lot more time outside these days now. Between him playing bball and me enjoying some quiet time in the pool- we all have a summer tan all year round!

image486.jpg
image485.jpg
image488.jpg

Most of the time I have to force Asher to come inside and do his homework- I'm glad we spent time when he was a toddler on some minor academics so most of his homework is a breeze.

image498.jpg

One day he came up to me and asked me if he could have a little brother or sister. I honestly thought he would be the only child...But he's so cute I couldn't just say no.

Asher: "Mom?"
Me: " Yes hun?"
Asher: " Do you think maybe one day we could have a new brother or sister for me? I really want to show them my basketball moves and teach them about stuff. I mean you and dad are great- but you know."
Me: *gulp* "Well let me talk to you father about it and we will see. It's a big responsibility, but I know you'd be an excellent big brother."

image494.jpg

So Bentley and I got to work, and we became pregnant again shortly after! I am sort of hoping for a girl this time.

image503.jpg

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2019, 10:20:17 AM »
Another pregnancy!  How exciting.  Will this new baby have it's own color as well?  What are the rules for multiple children?  Will this baby be a possible heir?  Looking forward to Asher's growing up.  It seems like he is a fun child to play although so far Sunny is my favorite along with Bentley.  I love their home and the colors she chose.
I admit I would have a hard time designing for a grey/ashen theme and you did a great job on the nursery.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Not So Berry Legacy Challenge- Yellow Generation *Chapter 21* 8/11 *NEW*
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2019, 01:50:34 PM »
A sibling, yay!  I like all the gray and yellow in this house.  It goes well together. 

This challenge looks interesting.  I may have to check it out (someday, when I finish everything else I've started!)

anything