Author Topic: Alternately - Too Grim for Words - Update 3 - 8/25  (Read 9406 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Alternately - Too Grim for Words - Update 3 - 8/25
« on: May 31, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »
Introduction and Background

The background is pretty simple.  One day my son and I were talking about what if there were alternate universes where the same basic person, looks, age, and whatever you wanted, lived a life like yours but somethings were different, changed.  For instance, instead of going to buy groceries and getting your favorite steak, you were a vegetarian and chose tofu.  Would it make a difference in life?
With this in mind, I had so much fun playing my second, save file for Amanda Newcombe, I decided to do an alternate world for her.  She is basically the same, her first three helpers are basically the same, but her life just might turn out different.

I'm not always good at taking screenshots when I get really involved in game, so there may be a few gaps.  When I do take shots, I often take too many.  I hope they won't be overwhelming.   Let's go meet our Amanda.....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Mandy:  Ok, I'm here.  I hear voice in my head and here I am at a big, empty lot which I believe I need to fill with a house, people other than heirs, a husband and kids.  Right.  Check.  Long list of things to do and to get, and for this I get to live forever.

Watcher:  Don't forget you are the ONLY one, except for the first born heir, who will liver forever.

Mandy:  Right.  I get to watch my friends and family die off one by one for this, right?  For eternity?

Watcher:  Well, nothing is forever.  Who knows, you might blow it like so many others I've watched.

Mandy:  Glutton for punishment.   Ok, moving right along, I'd best go get my first victi.....er....helper.  Let's see, one fisherman, one gardener and possibly a wealthy family.   On it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 1: Days Have Moved On
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 11:06:16 PM »
Chapter 1: Days Have Moved On

Watcher:  Well, you've done pretty well for yourself so far!  I'm almost proud of you.
You've got, not two but three helpers, all males who think you're wonderful.  First you got Kelly Coughlin, as Irish as can be with that dark hair and dreamy eyes.  Don't let him fool you though.  He's an adult with years of the Unflirty trait behind him, as much as he'd like it to be different.  He's Cheerful though, and Neat.  Might make a good butler in another life.
     Then you nabbed Leland Britt:  He's pretty Self Assured and a Geek, might think of doing logic things with him, but whatever you do keep him away from kids.  He Hates Children and can be a bit of a butt head about it.
     Last but not least, is Dyland Crabtree.  He's rather a Gloomy gus but his Self Assured attitude and Ambitious leanings make up for it.  Way to go!  So, now what are your plans?

Mandy:  First of all, you, and everyone else, can call me by my given name, Amanda.  Thank you.  Next, Watcher does not really suit you, so DV it is.  Disembodied Voice.  And for now, we're just going to try to build up our reward markers so we can get Connections.  Got a house to build, after all.  So, leave me alone and let me fish!

DV:  Hmmmpf.  Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy.  See if I praise you again!

Leland:  So Amanda, tell me again why we're out here in the cold and rain trying to catch fish?

Amanda:  Get used to it boys.  It takes a lot of fishing to increase our skills so we can get connected and make us all a lovely, dreamy house.  Living in a field or tent is no ones dream life.

Kelly:  It's ok, Amanda.  We'll manage.  We've done worse when we were all homeless.  At least you saved us from being culled.

Amanda:  Thanks, Kelly.  You know, maybe we should move along.  How about a vacay?  I'll get us tickets and we're off to the wild and wooly woods.  Catch some whoppers there and maybe find some great treasures. 

Dylan:  I heard there's a hermit lives somewhere there.  Might check it out.  Who knows, she might like us.

Amanda:  Hmmm.  Ok, first up, we stop at the gym, grab a bite to eat, a shower, and bulk up a bit.  Ok?

Leland:  Bulk up my sweet patootie!  This hurts!

DV:  Let's just leave them at it, shall we?  Not a terribly auspicious start!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 2: Off to See the Hermit
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 11:16:22 AM »
Chapter 2: Off to See the Hermit

DV:  So, on another of those dark, gloomy, not to mention rainy days, that the Simiverse is cursed with now that it has Seasons, our intrepid little gang called up appropriate transportation and were off to "See the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard....", wait.....that's another story.  Ok, so they traipsed off to the Deep Woods in hopes of finding fish and treasures galore, and hopefully the Hermit of the Woods.

Amanda:  I'm pretty sure that ranger said it was this way.  All I see is a tangle of pretty thorny vines.   Hmmmm.....

Amanda:  Ok, nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'm going in.  Hopefully they won't find a moldering pile of my bones somewhere.  Sheesh, can't even leave a note for the guys.......

DV:  Sooooo, waddya think of that?  Pretty cool huh?

Amanda:  No thanks or help from you DV.  Yeah, it's cute.  Now please move out of the way I have GOT to go potty!

DV: (Giggles) l...Potty?  What, are you two?  Not even a hello there, Hermit lady how are you, and oh, by the way, can I use your facilities while me and my guys take over your place?

Amanda:  There are SOME things that take priority and this particular call of nature is one.  I'll mind my manners as soon as I wash my hands. 

DV: You gotta admit, it is really beautiful here, even in the rain.  Just look at that waterfall and the rainbow!  This gal really knows how to live.  Fishing near by, not to mention all the food to grow and.....well, everything she needs.  Maybe I'll just go and be a hermit myself one day.  No Sims to watch and be a pain in my neck.  Yep, peace and.....

DV:  At least the "boys" seem to be with the program and are having fun.

Amanda:  (sotto voce)..*Yeah, peace and quiet, which you seem to be short of.  Now hush before she hears you.*  Hello!  My name is Amanda Newcome.  I've heard so much about you.  Is it ok if me and my guys stay a little while, check out the fishing and just visit with you?

Hermit:  Hello, dear.  Welcome to my piece of the forest.  Please, do make yourselves at home, *and hopefully cook something good for me, I'm tired of my own food*.  I see you brought tents and everything.  No problem at all.  Just park them out there and be welcome.  Oh, and, don't feel embarrassed about talking to yourself.  I do it all the time.

DV:  (chortling), tol' ya.  We all hear our *angels*, if we listen.

Amanda:  Hope you don't mind but I'm starving.  Help yourself to some grilled cheese sandwiches. Say.....you wouldn't have any tomato soup, would you?  No? (sigh)  Well, these are pretty good without.

Dylan:  Hey, Amanda!  She's got a cool work bench!  I'm gonna start on some sculptures.  You know, for the house.  Maybe could be a gift or a trade or something.

Amanda: Yes, Dylan.  You go right ahead and enjoy.  Meanwhile I think I see some.........(wanders off out of hearing)

Dylan:  Whistle while you work......just whistle......

DV: The days and nights seemingly flew by.  It was cozy here and comfy.  The Hermit, while a bit strange, was actually quite a nice lady and a good friend.  But time somehow got the better of them and they knew it was time to head home....

Amanda:  It's so peaceful here.

Hermit:  Yes, it is.  I've actually enjoyed your stay you know.  The cooking has been pretty good too.  You've gotten better at grilled cheese, and cakes and all.

Amanda:  Well, it's been my pleasure to cook for you.  Lady Hermit, I want to thank you for the recipe and all.  I'm not into herbalism yet but you've inspired me.  I hate to say this, but we've got to be moving on. 

Hermit:  Yes, I know.  Let's just look at the heavens and contemplate the beauty of the stars above us.  Time for good-byes later.

Amanda:  I'll just finish up this last batch of grilled cheese, and maybe make a nice cake for you as well.  Just a little thank you.

Hermit:  Ah......so beautiful......

DV:  Time for good-byes indeed.  See you all soon.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 3: More Fishing? Really!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 04:36:00 PM »
Chapter 3: More Fishing? Really!

DV: More gloom and rain, even in the high desert of Strangeville.  Now, you're asking, why on earth would they be going there?  People are weird there.  They walk funny and talk nonsense, so why?  Guys.  Yep, it's gotta be new guys.  Still, in some of the hidden back paths and unknown places there are spots of beauty.

Amanda:  Will you quit blithering on?  Yes, I came here to check out the male population and found NONE of them acceptable.  grrrrrr  They were either too old, (adults), too ugly, (only found one), and had really bad traits, unless you don't consider evil a bad trait! 

Leland:   I told you so.  I knew there was nothing good in a place called Strangeville.

Kelly:  Except for the fishing.  *Is she talking to herself again?*

Leland:  She does that from time to time.  You just have to ignore it and carry on.  It's harmless.

Amanda:  I do NOT talk to myself.  There is a perfectly good reason for it which you would understand if you would focus.........on fishing.

Kelly: Focusing!....

Amanda:  See?  A....nd, I think with this batch we've got enough points to get connected!  Hey look?!  I caught one!  Ta da!

Leland:  Does this mean no more grilled cheese?

DV:  In your dreams, baby.  In your dreams.  Now, as I've often said before, " meanwhile, back at the ranch"............

Kelly:  Well boys, we did it.  Connected, got jobs, got a pretty nice house for starters and a wonderful start to the greenhouse as well.

Leland:  And more, (groan), grilled cheese.  Well, maybe I'll make a difference when I hit the ol' Culinary Career.  Yessir, right up my alley.

Dylan: Somehow being a bartender isn't going to do a thing for grilled cheese or lack thereof.

Leland:  You got no right to talk!  Where were you when we were freezing our tushies off in Strangeville?  Huh?  Checking out the local ladies?

Dylan:  Nah, working on my handiness.  Besides, I already maxed out the Angling Ace aspiration.  Now I want handiness to be at level ten so I can open up that mine in the back of Landgraab's house, and the other one in the park.

Kelly:  (sigh), More places to fish, oh goody.

Dylan:  Somehow I think Dylan has the wrong idea.  Mixology = work.  Not his cuppa tea. 

Kelly:  I'm tellin' you there is nothing there!  It is just a big, fancy tree.

Leland:  Well, it does look pretty obvious, bro.  No doors or such.

Dylan:  I'm telling you guys this is the place.

Neighbors:  Should we tell them?  I mean, I hate to make my new neighbors look the fool but they are pretty clueless.

Marcus:  Nahhh.  Let 'em find out for themselves.  They'll be ok.

Dylan:  C'mon already!  I watered you, told you how great your roots were, commented on your leaves and you got nuthin?

Dylan: OPEN! Sez me!.......................WHoo hoo!

DV: Oh, yeah, it's always the magic words. (snickers)  Still, it is lovely in Sylvan Glade.  Fairies, sprites, and spooky eyes watching you.  What's not to like?

Dylan:  The next time you choose to mock me, remember this!

Leland:  Ok, ok.  I admit it, and I apologize.

Dylan:  Be still my beating heart!  Did you catch that Kelly?

Kelly:  Shut it Dylan.  You're done, you're maxed, now let us have a chance.  Speaking of which, where is Amanda?

DV: That's it, that's it!  Now, fortissimo!! 

Amanda:  Will you shut it?  How would you like to wear this violin?  That's it.  I'm done.

DV: But.....but......

Amanda:  Nope.  You blew it for today.

DV: (sigh), Temperamental artists.  Guess it's time to call it a day.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Alternately
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »
I love how Amanda is so stylish with any outdoor activity. Fishing in a suit jacket, or playing the violin in the middle of the woods in a mini skirt! haha!
I also really like how you incorporated the hermit, I haven't been out there in awhile or even played an extended about of time there. Now I'm interested in finding it again.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 10:45:11 PM »
I almost always go to the hermit pretty quickly.  Why?  Ok, leveling up cooking/gourmet cooking, leveling up fishing and while we're at it fish up showers for that empty lot, plus a few bugs and plants for the garden like blackberries etc. and not last nor least, there's the workbench so a good grip on handiness immediately plus a lot of stuff to sell from sculptures to fish and veg.  I got in the habit when I did a no buy and pretty quickly had things going on for my Sim.  Also, if you are into it, you can work on herbology and/or that outdoor thing.  Easily sleep five nights in  tent!  With Seasons buggering up so much stuff, at least garden and fishing wise, you can ALWAYS get stuff from the hermit no matter the season.

Sorry for so many fishing scenes, it literally was pretty much all they did that I could take shots of.  (Forgot to take screenies, again.)

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 05:15:56 PM »
In Strangerville, I find Mark pretty cute, YA'd, and Good-traited; I take it he didn't click?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 06:01:26 AM »
Didn't meet him.  We were kind of short on time so just went to the bar and either he didn't show up or was just one I didn't catch.  Pity!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 02:27:54 PM »
I like the idea of alternate realities.  Kudos to you for writing both stories.  I don't think I could keep it all straight.  I look forward to seeing who this Amanda chooses for a spouse.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
@BallerinaHippo :  I AM finding it hard to keep track of who is doing what and in which dynasty.  I've done two before but never with the same founder in a different time/place.  I don't keep things for Alternate1 very neat but for THIS one I put all my screenshots in individual folders with chapters numbered in hopes I can keep up without getting messed up.  The folders help but my pc is not happy with all this info on it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 4: Skills and House
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
Chapter 4:  Skills and House

Dear Diary,  So much has already happened in my life.  First of all I got my helpers, which was a really good thing.  They are great guys and we all get along well.  We've managed to get "Connected", all but one of us, and with the cash and items sold from this I've started with a local contractor to build the house I know I'll eventually need.  Photos of the work in progress below:

This is the front of the house.  Pretty grand, eh?

Right side of house showing greenhouse and unfinished porch.

The rear of the house with a view of the pool.  Fancy that?  A pool!

A shot of the landscaping we've just begun.  I do love flowers and can hardly wait till we have a real garden.

As you know, my hopes for finding "the one" has been less than wonderful.  I just don't want the same old guys that look good, but........well, you know.  I struck out in Strangeville, though did find a great place for fishing, and, the day we went to the Secret Grotto, I made a HUGE fool of myself by trying to strike up a love interest with someone already married!!  Yikes!!!  I felt so embarrassed I just had to make a self deprecatory joke over it!  Still felt awful though.  Best left alone for now.
    Meanwhile, oh wise volume of my sad and hopeful reflections, Leland and I have both joined the Culinary career!  He will be a Master Mixologist, (we hope), to match up with my Master Chef.  At least the family will be well fed and watered!  Here we are discussing our careers:

and waxing enthusiastic over the Cooking channel.  Will we ever be as good as the French Chef Julia Simchilds?  She's even written books on it!

Leland says it boggles the mind, but I think we'll do just fine.

Kelly and Dylan are hard at work as well.  Kelly is working on paintings which he thinks Dylan can use if he joins the scientist career, and anyway he needed three emotional paintings for his aspiration.

Dylan is hard at work and totally focused on handiness.  We all could use that and if he is to open the mines he'll need to max that skill.

Here's a shot of Leland and I after our first day of work.  Wow it was harder than either of us thought.

Well,Dear Diary, my faithful friend.  I am definitely too tired and relaxed now to continue on.  See you tomorrow and, good night.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 5: The Hidden Grotto
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 03:17:49 PM »
Chapter 5:  The Hidden Grotto

Amanda:  Are you sure this is going to work, Dylan?  We aren't just trespassing on Landgraab land are we?

Dylan:  I worked my fingers to the bone to max out handiness skill, Amanda.  Do you think it was just so I could fix stuff in the house or make sculptures?  It's for this!  This is a hidden mine, girlfriend!  I just know it is going to be full of treasures.

Leland:  Yeah, like more fishing I suppose.

Kelly:  I'm ok with fishing, if that's all there is.  Besides, consider it an adventure and being somewhere besides in the house.

Kelly:  You know Lee, you have a really bad reputation around town.  Could it be because you're always so negative, hating children, putting down Dylan, your best friend no less.

Leland:  You think you are doing better?  Always so darned cheerful, sucking up to Amanda and all.  At least I have a best friend.

Amanda:  Boys!  Shut it!  You're distracting Dylan.  We're all friends here, remember?

Leland:  Sorry, Mandy.  Just woke up in a bit of a grump this morning.  Hadn't planned on haring off to some dusty ol' mine for my day off.  Besides, from the looks of things, we'll never get in at the rate he's going.

Amanda:  Come on Dylan!  You can do it.  You've got it in you, I know you do.

Leland:  (sotto voce)  Yeah, but where has he got it? 

Kelly:  (sotto voce) Don't knock it.  He's been putting a lot of muscle into that work bench.  More than we have, oh chubby one.

Leland: Chubby!?  I'll have you know it takes a lot of muscle and skill to toss those.....

Kelly:  Sorry, man.  My bad.  Let's hug it out.

Leland:  Well, maybe it would work better if he used a hammer instead of a wrench?

Amanda:  *plays encouraging music*

Leland:  You can hang around if you want, dude.  I'm outta here.

Kelly:  Dude.  You might want to come on back.  He's done it!

Dylan:  Tol' you.  Wow!  Pretty creepy in there.  Dark.  Can't see much.  Uh, Amanda, less creepy music please. 

Amanda: *giggles*

Dylan:  Ok, I'm going in.   I think......

Dylan:  Amazing!!  Kelly, take a look!

Kelly:  You're sure about this?  I mean, it's ok.  No trolls or goblins or orcs?

Amanda:  Leland I know you've had your disappointments but you really need to be a bit nicer to the "Family".  It's all you have you know and it is forever for us all.  Now we should all go in and support Dylan.

Leland:  Uh uh.  No way I'm letting you go in that creepy hole in the ground.

Kelly: *muffled voice*  Guys!  It's amazing!  Come on!

Kelly:  Wow!  I've never seen so many fish!  Can't quite get a reading on this water though.  Leland, you?

Leland:  Yeah, I dunno.  Something about frogs I think.  I'm going for it.

Dylan:  Yep.  Frogs for the big ones.  Pretty weird fish in here, just as I suspected.  Can probably finish up a collection of fish in one spot.

Leland:  That's what you said the last time.

Amanda:  DV, how long do I put up with these guys? 

DV:  Till death do you part and guarantee you'll bawl like a baby when Grim comes for them.

Amanda: Yeah, you're probably right.  I just feel like I'm failing them.  I haven't maxed anything, job is going slow no matter how inspired I am, garden is still not ready.  (sigh)

DV:  Amanda you're doing ok.  No worries, yet.  Although I am a bit concerned about the lack of a spouse at this point.

Amanda:  Yeah, I.........I got one!

Dylan:  I'm telling you guys, this place has it all.  I'm done with fishing.  I'm gonna go dig up treasures while you slog it out.  Simple pleasures for simple folks I guess.  (chips away)
You know, we could actually live here.  Bring in tents, a shower, there's already a toilet, lots to eat.  Yeah, maybe I'll become a hermit here.

Amanda:  DV you're sure we have to do this? I mean....ewwwww.  These fish are weird.

Leland:  I have to admit it.  Dylan was right.  Place has everything.  Wish we had brought a shower though.  I'm starting to get a bit ripe.

Kelly:  Yeah, and food is not ready for picking.  Maybe we should pack up and head out.

Leland:  Not till I land this whopper!

Amanda:  Boys must be getting pretty hungry by now.  Don't think this health potion will help much.  Let's travel DV.

DV:  Head out to the park in Oasis Springs.  I set it up with showers and everything you'll need to catch up on needs.

Following my directions the entire gang went to the park.  Leland got a shower, Dyland, exhausted from all the mining headed for the tent, Kelly  caught up on making friends and Amanda.......

Amanda:  WHA HOO!  Maxed cooking at last!!

Yes, Amanda maxed cooking.  Let's leave her to celebrate, shall we?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Alternately - Chapter 6 new update
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 05:48:40 PM »
That's a fantastic jump for a fine milestone met! Still, she really is taking a while on the spouse in this timeline. I hope that'll turn out OK.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 05:33:47 PM »
Thank you, Deme!  I was lucky to be really paying attention and quick hit pause to get that shot of the jump.  Well, she doesn't just want same-ol, same-ol for a spouse and so far she hasn't even had much luck with those.  Next chapter will clarify.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 08:13:16 PM »
Chapter 6: Time for Fun

Dear Diary, it seems like it's been forever and yet not a second has gone by since I last wrote.  Some of the good things in life just require a giant leap, as you saw when I maxed out cooking.  I just hope it doesn't slow down my chances of advancement in my culinary career.  I've heard it might do that.
   After that great day it seemed like all we did was work, work, work, so we jointly decided a day off was in order.  What could be more fun than, (not at all still working on things, lol), a trip to the Spice Festival in San Mishuno.  We haven't visited there at all and were all excited at the prospect.  Kelly hoped to find some plants he didn't have, (failed in that), and I wanted to taste some new foods and maybe winkle out the recipes by tasting.  Dylan thought this was a great idea so we took ourselves off to the first of several booths.

Leland had decided to go for the gusto and using his sharp, analytical brain, chose the free plates of curry.  Free is a very good price! I know he definitely planned on being a curry champion this very day.

He joined Donovan and a very attractive native of San M. and a neighbor of ours with victory in mind.

He let it be known he was going to be Curry Champion of the day but apparently Dylan wanted no part of this.  I think he knew a fiasco was about to occur and disappeared to another booth.

Alas!  It was not to be.  No embarrassment though.  It seemed the kindly folk of San M. were quite used to outlanders making the same mistake, and they nicely kept their laughter to themselves.  That stuff was HOT!, and spicy to boot.  (Which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the heat of any given dish, though there are some who say the hotness "tastes" better.) The flames roared out of his mouth singing his mustache for sure.

He kind of smirked at me knowingly while on his way for a plate of something less potent.  Meanwhile, giggling like a girl at Kelly who showed up in pj's and bunny slippers.  Never knew what that guy will wear next!  I just sloughed it off and headed for a table.  Worth giving it a try, right?

Well, dear friend, you know how worried I've been over getting married, or rather NOT getting married, and one of my hopes was I would find an appropriate spouse in San M.  My aim was male, (only traditional spouses for me and mine), tall, or at least as tall as I am, dark, ok, hair color not a biggee, and handsome.  That's the physical part.  Plus at least two good traits and not a hates children or evil in the mix.  Not interested in short, plumply pear shaped and unattractive but ......I'm starting to feel desperate.  So when short, dumpy and, well let's say unfortunately appearanced crossed my path, I figured, "why not"?  Who knows, he could be a Sims gift to womanhood, right?  I followed him to a table with curry in hand and sat down.

Ok, well, my thoughts of "gift to womanhood", rapidly dissipated as he told me more and more about himself.  The clincher was his career was criminal and he was a klepto!  (shudders)  This was not a group of folk I wanted to be involved with, no matter the things I "can't refuse" from his Don, and to start with I had to find a good way to refuse him.

Meanwhile, did you notice the hottie tending bar?  More on that in a bit.  The spices in the curry was, as I had hoped, a bit much for me, and as the flames came roaring out of my mouth I saw a golden, if fiery, opportunity.

"Oh, ha ha.  That was a bit much, wasn't it?  Please excuse me I think I need to get a drink.", I said.  He looked puzzled but I was not taking no for an answer.

I hot footed it over to the bar and while she waited for her drink, I found out Mr. Hottie was Don Lothario and he lived up to his name.  According to my new friend, he was quite a show off err, man, and he was yet to be caught by any Sim with long term plans.  "Love 'em and leave 'em", is what she said and she bet I couldn't get his attention or get him to go on a date.  "Watch me, I said.  These eyelashes have power!"

Leland was more than willing to back me up.  After all, he'd be practicing his mixology skills and who knew who he would meet!  I managed to con Don into star gazing with me.  I couldn't help but notice the stars in his sparkly, beautiful eyes.  (sigh)

Unfortunately for me, I decided to use a bold pick up line.  "Hey look, baby.  This is what you can get if you're lucky."  Oh, dear.  WRONG move.  The look of horror, embarrassment and just plain shock on his face told me I had blown it big time. (blushes with the memory)

The look on his face as he tried to hide his reaction to my shame told me all.  He was embarrassed for me and there is no way he would ever be interested in any thing resembling a date.  I was too stunned at my gaff to do anything else but call the gang together and head for home.

So, Dear Diary, here's where I'm at.  Am I doomed to lose this dynasty because of lack of love life or my own clumsiness?  I feel I've failed you all ready. (sniffs).  Guess I'd better say good night before I drip all over your pages.  'night, my friends.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 7: Seek and Ye Shall....
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 09:32:55 PM »
Chapter 7:  Seek and Ye Shall....

DV:  Well, she's not doing too well at the moment, is she?  Everyone is pretty bummed out at her loss of face in San M. and not quite sure what to do about it all.  When in doubt, skill.

Kelly:  Poor kid.  I just know there is something I can do for her.  But what?  I think I'll just make a nice arrangement to cheer her up.

DV: More skillin'

DV:  Ok, are we getting bored with skillin' yet?  I know I am!  By the way, have you noticed the moniker they gave me? DV?  Stands for Disembodied Voice.  I think it transported itself through the ether from the "other" reality.  Ah, well, it will do.

Dylan:  Look, I know it's a bummer but she'll work it out.  Meanwhile....take that!

Kelly:  Yeah.  Well, she's feisty and cheerful and nothing is going to get her down for long.  Kind of nice with both of them at work.  I don't think we've had a chance for any kind of fun in a long time.

Dylan:  Five'll get you ten I'll beat you this time around!

Kelly:  Yer on!

DV: Later that night, when all was calm and quiet, oh, and by the way it was a tie, no winner to the fooseball game, there was this strange, eerie song heard......

Kelly:  Oh bloody plum bobs!  Why me?

Dylan:  Kelly?  Kelly.......oh no.  Nothing left except this little glowing spot. I sure hope he's ok and not.......let's not even think about what it could mean.

DV:  The next morning......

Amanda:  So are we going to discuss what happened in San M. or.......

Dylan:  Forgotten already Amanda.  The big news is what happened to Kelly.

Leland:  Yeah.  Sport got lifted up into this space ship thingy.  Hasn't said a word about what happened either.

Kelly:  Shut it Leland.  Private.

Leland:  I'm just saying it had to be something.  I mean, are you, you know, ok?

Kelly:  Private!

Amanda:  Ok, change of subject here.  Guys I've got to find a spouse.  Pickings and my own ineptitude has given me a zero in spousal ideas.  I'm open to anything you guys might suggest.

Kelly:  We've done some traveling around but nothing much in Willow Creek or Windenberg.  Might be some interesting guys there.

Dylan:  Yeah, why not check out the new library in Willow Creek?  That in itself is pretty interesting.

Leland: Those geeks and nerds at the library can't be too bad.  I say let's do it.  Amanda?

Amanda: Ok, what have I got to lose?

DV: It took awhile, and time was of the essence since she was due for work, but she did find a nice guy.  A little on the portly, dumpy side but with good traits and once he lost the glasses and some weight he could even be cute.  Besides with all those grilled cheese sandwiches she was a little dumpy/portly herself.  He was a NICE guy, after all.

DV:  Will she find her true love on the steps of the library or?.......Stay tuned to, "As My Stomach Churns" to find out......See ya!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 8: Found!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 05:27:03 PM »
Chapter 8: Found!

Watchers Notes:  I got so wrapped up in what was happening to Amanda I totally did not notice my pc, being angry with me for having too much on it, did not always take the screen shots I 'thought' I had clicked on.   This is a new, ongoing problem.  It also doesn't like me clicking on pause or telling Sims just once, what they need to do. Possibly low battery on the mouse, although it works just fine elsewhere.  So the only possible candidate you guys get to see is the really nice guy, (can't remember his name), she found in Willow Creek at the library.

Dear Diary, After what seemed like an eternity, I finally whisked myself and helpers off to the library in Windermere.  I would have to dash off to work in just a few minutes and hoped against hope I would find Mr. Right and not just Mr. You'll Do. I approached the librarian, who truth be told did not seem like he would work at all.  All that face fuzz and those horrible glasses, not to mention his less than fashionable old man attire.  This guy surely can't be him!  But then, on second look, he was tall enough, dark hair, and what could be seen through those specs, had really warm, caring eyes.  I couldn't help but notice how kind he was to the little ones who came to him requesting his help finding appropriate books.  Also, his slender more or less athletically inclined body, was worth a second glance.

He cautiously responded to my rather clumsy attempts to find out about him, which I did as quickly as I could.  Poor guy must have thought I was some sort of private investigator with all I wanted to find out.  This time, was he single, was a top priority!  He was!  Ok, score plus 1.  And those all important traits?  Would you believe he was Good,(no conflict with me or children),  a Bookworm, (helpful for raising kids), and last but not least, his "bad" trait what he was Neat!!!  Score plus 2! Plus, for some reason he was a Spice Hound and Gregarious from his aspiration and a winning trip to the Spice Festival!  A WINNER!!! 

With only bare minutes left we cloud gazed, to make him a good friend, and I popped the question!  Would he move in?  I did not want this guy to be culled!  Yes!!!  He said YES!  Imagine my relief as work yanked me away, just in time to see him leaving for his new home.

Me and Vihan Basu getting to know each other better:

Unfortunately, I only had minutes left in the day before, once again work wanted me to show up, to get to know him better and make him feel at home.  I certainly felt a bit of trepidation as I was leaving him in the lion's den and my pride of lions were just a tad protective of me.  I hoped he'd fair well.  Early that morning I had a chat with Leland, who of all them might plot some sort of initiation, or trial for Vi.

Vihan:  Ahh.....nothing like fresh grilled cheese to make the day start right.  That girl sure has delivered on her promises.  Nice place to live and all the grilled cheese I can eat. 

Leland:  Well, I see you've started the day off right there!  Getting right into the first mutual aspiration I see.

Vihan:  Yessir!  I actually didn't know it was an aspiration.  I just like a good grilled cheese and that girl, Amanda?, sure is a good cook.

Leland: We all pretty much cook around here so expect it to be your turn one of these days.  Me?, I'm a bar keep.  Mixologist you know.  Be off to work soon so you'll be on your own with the other guys.  Anyway, best of luck to you and welcome to the house.

Actually, I probably should have gotten all the guys together before I left for work.  The worst of them all turned out to be Kelly!  And Dylan was no help either.

Kelly:  So, waddya think about this new guy? 

Dylan:  I dunno.  Why?

Kelly:  Well, I don't like him, right off the bat.  He's all weird lookin', dresses funny and not real sociable.  I mean, if he thinks he can come waltzin' in here and just take over and maybe even marry Amanda, well, he's got another think comin'. 

Dylan:  Well, the way I see it, if Amanda needs a spouse for this dynasty thing, it's going to be up to us to make sure it's the right one.  I mean, I know you had your eye on her but dude, we're pushing old age you know and she needs someone who can be with her for the long haul.

Kelly:  Yeah, you're right.  It's just that, well, she's OUR Amanda.  Kind of sweet and innocent, ya know?  We just gotta be careful for her, so she chooses the right guy.

Dylan:  Well, we can put him to the test.  Right?  You know, nothing brutal but just watch and see how he goes.

Kelly:  I knew I could count on you!  Ok, bro, we'll just check him out, make sure he's good.  Shake on it.

Meanwhile, unknown to him and my household "guardians", Vihan had been doing a pretty good job on his own.  He got a congratulatory call from, of all people, Don Lothario who managed to drag him out of the house for some fun and games.

Vee, (I HAVE to find out what his middle name is, Vihan is just too...I don't know,) in the meantime, not knowing my less than sterling relationship with Don, just chatted away merrily, extolling the virtues of Grilled Cheese!  Don went racing off to find less cheesy subjects, taking the opportunity presented by two new comers to the conversation.  Vee just continued on, meeting some of his criteria for Friend of the World AND his tell 3 Sims about grilled cheese in one, fell swoop.

Later that night, while waiting for me to come home, Vee worked on even more skills, filling his need for fun while working on his Knowledge. 

Diary, I think I have a winner!  Now all I have to do is turn his, "let's just be friends", into much, much, more.  Wish me luck!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Alternately - new update Spouse? 6/11
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 07:42:42 PM »
Aww the boys are so sweet with their protectiveness! And V seems like a real winner. <3

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:46 PM »
Good choice! I frequently scour the libraries for spouse material. All librarians have the neat and bookworm traits, with the third trait being random. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »
The first librarian she met wasn't all that unattractive.  When You got close in and kind of squinted to look past the glasses, he was fairly handsome, just needed to visit the gym a bit.  His third trait wasn't horrible and she really considered him as a possible spouse, I think it was "Jealous" or "Gloomy".  But when she met up with Vihan the traits were perfect, and other than being less than muscular, he was quite good looking.  I just mentally smacked myself for forgetting this unmined treasure trove.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »
@Joria Lol! Well good thing is you can fix muscles! I need to find my Ros a good looking male for later too.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 03:48:38 PM »
Try Selvadorada if you have that pack.  Lots of decent ones there.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 11:18:36 PM »
I got her a good looking one finally, I just need to write an update! haha ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 9: Surprise!
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 05:55:54 PM »
Chapter - 9- Surprise!

DV: Once again things seemed to be going swimmingly well for Amanda and crew.  Some aspirations were maxed, career well on the way with promotions coming in for all concerned, and the new guy who Amanda hoped would become the dynasty spouse living in her house.  Unfortunately, at this point he seemed reluctant to commit and was not entirely pleased with no longer have his job as librarian.  Time was once again of the essence as Amanda's birthday was here.  No more waiting.  With her lifespan bubbling away pointing to her impending adult status, she knew she'd have to get this settled.  The "boys", on the other hand, were just focused on a birthday surprise.

Kelly:  Leland we gotta talk.

Leland:  So talk, only don't mess up my moves.  Gotta practice bar tricks.

Kelly:  So what are we doing for Amanda's birthday?  You know it's today, right?  Missed the opportunity to do it before she took off for work and we're in crunch mode now.

Leland:  Yeah, so?  We all have birthdays coming up.  Which I personally am not looking forward to.

Kelly:  Dude, this is Amanda we're talking about here.  It's her birthday, like TODAY as in right now.  We gotta have a party or something.  Make a cake, have friends, you know.  Celebrate!

Leland:  Kel I'm not sure what we can do at this late hour.  We'd be having a party like at 2 or so after she gets off work.  Gonna be pretty tired and all.

Kelly:  So, we call the club together, that gives us at least one more guy, that Don Lothario dude, you mix drinks, I'll make a cake, Dylan will make sure everything works.  What do you think?

Leland:  Well, I'm not sure we can all get it together on time but it's worth a shot.  At the very least we can do the cake and drinks thing.  Ok, I'm in.  Not skedaddly so I can practice my bar tricks while I can.

DV: So all the plans were made, but little did they know there were "other" who also had plans, none of which were particularly good.  Later that night, Amanda came home from work.  She was pretty tired but happy and confident that all was well with her world.  As she was about to enter she heard a strange, musical noise, accompanied by a sort of roaring, like engines and a humming sound.  At this point she noticed she was surrounded by an eerie light that seemed to go right though her.

DV:  Amanda felt rather disembodied.  It was as if she could see all the bones in her body.  This was unreal!  What was happening here?  Sure, she'd heard about aliens.  Who hasn't?  But in her mind they were of the stuff fairy stories were made of with witches, and vampires and unicorns and stuff.  Slowly, unbelievingly, Amanda looked up.  For the first time in her life they were real, and they were coming for her!

DV: As time passed things were moving along as far as the party went.  Kelly had turned in what he thought was the perfect cake.  Leland was not too sure!

DV:  Don, not wanting to be too late, nor too early, rushed up to the door.  He was particularly pleased that he and Amanda had made up.  Their rocky friendship was in a good place now, although he secretly had a longing for what he thought he once saw in her eyes.  Ah well, too late now, he thought as he hurried inside.

DV: Of course he was just too late to see Amanda, descending like an angel from above, to touch down right where she had been picked up.

DV:  Dazed and disoriented she lost her awareness of time.  It all had to have been some sort of dream, right?  Or maybe it was just a wish she was making just before she did what anyone faced with a birthday cake would do.  She blew out the candles, and with them, all memory of what had gone before.

DV:  Don, on the other hand, seemed to be listening to a distant sound of eerie music.  He was certain he had heard it before.

Don:  Hey guys......you hear that?

Kelly:  Hear what dude?  Must have been the noisemakers making your ears ring. 

Amanda:  Come on, Don.  Sit down and have a bite of this lovely cake!  I do so love strawberry cake!!

Leland:  Me too! 

V:  You ok, Amanda?  You look, sort of.....I dunno, different?

Leland:  Too much cake is all!  (nom, nom)

Dylan:  Well, we hope you've had a happy birthday Amanda.  Surprise!

DV:  Well, I think this is time for me to leave our little group of party goers.  Happy birthday, and let's work on the getting to know each other better.  Much, much, better.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 10 - Birthdays Galore
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »
Chapter 10 -  Birthdays Galore

Respected Watcher of All, It seems our Amanda truly has a heart of gold.  After the strange and wonderful birthday she had had the night before, she took it upon herself to rise even earlier than usual and began a marathon baking stint.  There was no way even a single member of her little household was going to miss their very own birthday.  Unfortunately, not much time to be able to have the big party they all deserved, but at least there would be cake and celebration.  The first to wake up, being the early bird gardener type, Kelly was the first to arrive to find his cake ready and waiting for him.

He was surprised and touched deeply by her kindness and wasted not a second in doing what was required!  Taking the deepest breath possible........ 

and ignoring the inevitable consequences.....

our handsome gardener became a silver fox, which is just a kind way of saying he aged up to an elder with all the hopes and dreams of his youth behind him.

The look of shock and horror on his face was heart breaking.  Amanda had forseen this, of course, being the sensitive person she was, and came prepared with a gift to soften the blow.  Perhaps a new hobby so he wouldn't mind quite as much?

He opened the carefully wrapped package at once and discovered, to his great delight, a prepaid gift of a brand new stradivarius violin!  Amanda had seen how much he admired her and often caught him humming a tune or listening to music and felt this was the perfect gift.......

And it was!

At that moment, Kelly spontaneously reached out toward Amanda, to give her the big hug she deserved, only to pull back as quickly as he started.  Darn that unflirty trait!  He felt so bad and it really showed.

Once again Amanda to the rescue!  No way she was going to allow something as silly as being unflirty spoil the moment.  She reached into her pocket and pulled out her camera!  Why not celebrate the moment with a selfie?!!  Much more lasting than a hug, after all.

It seemed like the crowd was about to descend on them.  First, or should I say next, was Leland Britt.  Always the skeptic he pondered as to why there was a yet unclaimed birthday cake sitting on the table right in front of him.  Hmmm, could it have been Amanda making one for his birthday?

Apparently so!  To the tune of great fan fare, provided by Amanda of course, he blew out the waiting candles.

Somehow Amanda's rendition of the Happy Birthday song didn't quite make up for the results of that mighty blow!  If only she would take voice lessons perhaps it wouldn't be quite as painful.

The next one to wake up was Dylan.  I rather think he thought Amanda would do something of the sort, he had the most faith and trust in her, so it didn't come as a big surprise to him.  While a choir of noisemakers cheered him on he contemplated what his life was going to be like next. 

You know, oh leader of us all, I've often wondered why our Sims make such funny faces when doing something like that.  Really, does it take such an effort?  Something to ponder as I watched Dylan blow out his candles.

What a joyful positive man he is!  Well, after that they all sat down to eat the wonderful cake Amanda had made.  Kelly was on his way out to the garden but was convinced to come back and join them all.  After all, it was the last birthday celebration they would have, and in their shorter Sim life, had probably been the first celebration.  Unwatched Sims don't always get the advantages our Watchees get. 

There seemed to have been an undercurrent of something really big and wonderful about to happen.  They dug into their cake, and never minded the calories at all.  Kelly sort of cleared his throat as if signally for someone to speak up and just say it.

Leland took the hint and began one of his longer dissertations on how wonderful life had been here and how much they have appreciated, yada yada yada. 

Finally it was said.  Two of the three of them had gotten "Connected", but one had not.  Through accomplishing many things, whims and aspirations there were plenty of reward point they could harvest.  They had chosen one to save them all to be able to give to Amanda as a thank you for all her caring, shown even more so by this birthday event.

Dylan modestly told her, he was the one.  The one to not get a career.  The one who would spend his hours working on the house, maxing handiness for their good, building one thing after another so that Amanda's future would always be safe and secure.  He gave almost all his reward points to gift the girl who had made life worthwhile for them all.  Amanda was over come and darned near speechless.  (Yes, I know I should shut up now!)

That, oh benevolent Watcher of All, is a picture of Amanda, tears streaming down her face as she plants her first and most precious Money Tree Seed the boys, especially Dylan, had given to her.

I leave you joyfully,
 DV (Disembodied Voice, how cute is that?)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Alternately - new update 6/18
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 09:24:52 PM »
Aww Happy Birthday to all the boys! They seriously are all the sweetest, Amanda included! I've been bad about keeping track of my sims birthdays lately, just had to deal with the sad moodlet. Oops!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Alternately - new update 6/18
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »
When I saw how many points he had racked up I was over the moon delighted!  Had to get a money tree and work it in to the story.  Oh, if it were only true in RL!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 11 - Reluctant Romance
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 09:53:09 PM »
Chapter 11 - Reluctant Romance

After all the birthdays celebrated and enjoyed, not to mention the gift of the money tree, the only fly in Amanda's ointment was there still wasn't any romance.  Oh sure Vihan was gorgeous, and kind, and doing his best to fit in, but in the romance department it was a big zilch, nada, no body home.  Nooboos, or at least one nooboo and an heir, was not just something desirable but also completely necessary.  Amanda decided something had to be done.

Amanda:  Uh, Vihan, could we talk for minute?  It's kind of important.

Vihan:  Hmmm?  Oh, sure Amanda.  Any time.

Amanda:  Like, now?

Vihan:  Sounds serious.  Is anything wrong?  Did I do something....?

Amanda:  No, no, not at all.  You've been a wonderful addition to our group.  Very helpful and a good influence on the others.

Vihan:  Phew!  Had me worried there.  Ok, so what's up?

Amanda:  Well, you know I told you about the whole dynasty thing, right?  You know, that day at the library?

Vihan:  Yeah, *chuckles*, I sort of remember.  Like, just before you dashed off to work?  Seems you do that a lot.

Amanda:  Yes, I do.  Again, it's all part of the dynasty thing.  There are rules I......er....we....have to follow. 

Vihan:  And?......

Amanda:  Well, we've become very good friends, you know.  Almost best friends.......

Vihan:  And?........

Amanda:  Ok, about the rules.   I personally have to max out my career, max several skills, have friends, do parties, all kinds of things.

Vihan:  And you are doing a great job so far.......

Amanda:  And I have to have an heir.  With luck I'll find someone who is the love of my life, get married, and .......well.......part of why I searched till I found you was I was kind of hoping you might fit that bill.

Vihan: Why me?  I mean, I guess I'm not all that bad looking and I think I'm an ok guy but, why me?  I mean, I'm flattered, and honored that a watched Sim like you would choose me, but....?

Amanda:  Why not you?  You've got all the traits I could want in a husband, you're attractive, you're kind, hard working, and.......well, I did look around.  There were a lot of guys that might make my day, but you do.  You've gone out of your way and.....I......well.....(blushes)

Vihan:  But, Amanda.......didn't you figure it out anything I've done I've done to impress you?  Hoping you might.....well......

Amanda:  You,  you mean it's ok?  You might be interested in....well.....moving the friendship to something a bit.....more?

Amanda:  Oh, Vihan, you don't know how happy you just made me.

Vihan:  Not half as happy as you made me.

Leland:  Oh, for heaven't sake.  Just kiss and get over it!  Honest to Pete you guys have been dancing around this like it was something scary. 

Amanda: ( blows kiss hopefully)

Vihan:  Why, Miss Amanda!  Are you trying to flirt with me?  It's working.

Leland:  Oh, for heavens' sake!!  I'm out of here.  You two better figure this out on your own.  Kids, nowadays.  Don't know which ends up.

Amanda:  Can you see my heart? It's beating just for you.

Vihan:  Can you see mine?  I think it's joined yours in perfect harmony.

Amanda:  This is so sudden, and yet, I feel like I've known you forever.  I'm so happy it's like floating in champagne bubbles.

Vihan:  We're made for each other aren't we?  I just so much want to kiss you right now.

Amanda:  Well, what's taking you so long?  (giggles)

Amanda: I.....I think I'm falling in love with you.

Vihan:  Well, what took you so long?  I've been in love with you forever.

I really hate to end this mush fest, but let's just say they spent the rest of the night talking, really getting to know each other, and saying the goofiest, mushiest things ever, before finally going to their own, separate as yet, beds to dream dreams and plan on making them real.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Alternately - new update 6/20
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
That was adorable.  And Leland's commentary was perfect.  Best of luck to those crazy kids.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Alternately - new update 6/20
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2019, 07:54:43 PM »
Mush fest! Hahaha
I guess it was love at first flirt/blow kiss. Leland should of seen it coming, I'm surprised it took him so long to get out of there! haha

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 12 - Eerie Music Beckons On
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2019, 09:00:13 PM »
Thank you my faithful readers, for your comments and sticking with this.  At times it seems it's kind of a bore but I'm hanging in hoping for more adventures.  And please, accept my apologies for not posting.  Was wafted away on Sulani's breezes.  Now for our story........

Chapter 12 - Eerie Music Beckons On

It had been a long, hard day at work.  When it was over, Amanda found herself tracking down the team at Oasis Park.  It seems they had been busy, both having fun and, incidentally, getting some skilling done.  Don Lothario, now one of her better friends, wasted no time in filling her in on what the club had been doing.

Don:  Yeah, see, the gang all wanted to have a bit of fun, you know, fishing, playing music, nice ambience, meet girls.....uh....I mean people.

Amanda:  *chuckling*, yeah, I know all about meeting "people".  Take advantage of the tent, did you?

Don:  Well, uh,  uh,  I mean.......we did snooze a bit.

Amanda:  Uh, huh.

After saying her good-bye, and letting poor Don off the hook, Amanda raced away to do some of the stuff she came for.  Maybe use that grill?  Guys have got to be hungry by now. 

She caught a glimpse of her guys busy trying to catch fish.  Where, she wondered, is Dylan?  Probably reading or using the telescope.  Eh, he was well over the whole fishing gig, having maxed the aspiration eons ago.  Maybe she'd stop in and try out her new rod and reel?

No, no fishing for her.  Not when she has such a gorgeous hunk of love to watch and listen to.  Heartfelt sighs just kept on coming.  Who knew he would be "the one"?

A long, long day of fun and frolic, not to mention darned, hard work, had left them all pretty wiped out.  Amanda was drooping with exhaustion and all she could think about was climbing into her cozy bed.

Just as they started to leave, Amanda thought she heard some pretty creepy, music.  Her whole body was bathed in an other worldly light and panic definitely was setting in.  Didn't the guys even notice?  Can we say, "clueless"?

Amanda:  Uh,....guys?   Dylan?,   Leland?, Kelly!?   Someone tell me what's happening here.  Guys?  Do you even hear me?  Can you see?  Guys..........?  Um.......guys, what is that thing?

Amanda:  *gulp*  Watcher!!!!  Help!  I'm not liking this AT ALL!  *whimpers*

Amanda:  It's so big........Uh, hello?  You guys want to come visit?  Maybe have a little chat?  What's that?........oh........dear........heavens.....me?

DV:  Yep, you.  Sorry Amanda.  You've been chosen.  Just go with the flow, you'll be ok.  Won't feel a thing.  (I hope)

Amanda:  I'm scared, DV.  They won't drop me will they?  It's pretty high up there and ..........are they like the monster under the bed?........*gulp*

Amanda:  Ok, you guys!  You better be nice, ok?  Or my boys will come and get you......I mean.......hello there, friend.  We are friends, right?  No dropping of humans splat on the pavement or anything, right?  Shall we have tea?  I'm a good cook.......

Amanda:  Yes sir, mam,  er.......whatever.   Please tell my gang I love them in case I don't see them again.  Ok?  Coming right up now........*shrieks like on a rollar coaster ride*

It really didn't take all that long.  It seemed as if her whole life was passed in front of her eyes.  Everyone was so normal back on earth, but here.....?   Well, Amanda really wouldn't remember much of her time away.  It was as if it never happened.  The PTB, (Powers That Be), gently deposited her, groggy and not quite aware, in the same spot they had taken her from.  Meanwhile, still oblivious to the obvious, Vihan had just paid the bills and was heading back into the house.

Thanks so much for your input.  There you go, safe and sound.  Oh, one last thing.  *twirls a dial*  You won't remember a thing.  Sorry for the headache.

Amanda: *drools, slurs words*  Sorry for headache.  Safe an' sound.......

Amanda:....Hmmm?  Wha?..... Did you say somethin'......mmmm.  Must have dozed off.  Dreaming.  Yep....busy day.   

Amanda:  Hey guys!  Wait for me!  I want some cake too.....

And so passes another uneventful day in the life of our founder, who has found life lately dull, boring and without adventure.  Heheheh

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Alternately -Updated 7/9
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 12:07:02 AM »
Poor Amanda! I do love her cute cold weather outfit. It took me a second to realize Don is not the love interest in this version. I was all ready to be mad at him. LOL.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2019, 05:39:01 PM »
Amanda's doing fabulously!!  Loved Leland's commentary when the happy couple was finally getting together, by the way.  It's like he gave voice to what your readers were thinking  ;=)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 07:18:54 PM »
@reggikko :  Thank you.  I love that out fit too and would so wear it for reals.  Cuter than cute.  Yeah, Don is a bit embarrassed by his rep but only a bit.  lol  He's really good friends with Amanda.  The "boys" kind of look at him askance.  I mean, he DID dis her in Myoshuno.  No one gets to hurt "their girl" and get forgiven easily.

@PeregrineTook: (still mumbling about you Tooking your time to call the love interest name),  It seemed like that romance would never start, and then, never end.  I was bored to tears by the time they finally got it together and had a gazillion more pics to sort through.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
Something I really wished they would maybe implement is an actual alien spaceship/room for when we get abducted. And like maybe a pop up that asks if we want to join them or not. It would make the whole experience a little more interesting I think.
Did she come back pregnant?? :P

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 05:43:16 PM »
@kattiq I think only men wind up preggers.  Why they even bother abducting females is beyond me, but it made for some interesting facial screen shots.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 13 - Realization
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 03:57:32 PM »
Chapter 13 - Realization

Amanda had a hard time coming to grips with reality for awhile.  She kept having really strange dreams of lifting off to another world that was truly weird and other worldly, a place she felt she really had seen, somehow alien, yet not really threatening to her.  A place where people who looked much like her, yet not like her.  Aliens.  Oh, there had been many rumors of aliens living in Willow Creek and the other town in Simearth, but so far she had never seen any, not even in Strangeville that she had visited briefly.  Of course she had related this to her gang of friends, and the one who took it to heart was Vihan.

Vihan:  I really am very worried and scared.  I think, you were abducted by aliens and the dreams you've been having are just a subliminal memory of what you saw during that brief time.  Amanda, I think I almost lost you.

Amanda:  Really?  You think I actually was taken away from here?  Not just bad, strange dreams?

Vihan:  Really.  There have been other cases you know.  Even among our friends.  Kelly, for instance.  The important thing is, I could have lost you forever.

Vihan:  When I look into your beautiful eyes, see your love for me shining in your face, my heart just skips and stops.  I really didn't know how much I could love anyone, but you, well......you just stole my heart away.  And to think I could have lost the only chance I ever thought of finding someone so perfect.........

Vihan:  Look, I know I haven't been the best person in the whole Simiverse.  I acted stand-offish, and kind of cold hearted towards you at first.  Stupid!  I was so stupid.  I guess I just didn't want to get my heart broken, again.  I just can't lose you.

Amanda:  Vee?  What are you saying?  What are you.....?

Vihand: Ok.  Here I am, putting my heart, my life, my whole everything out to you.  Taking the risk you might say......well,   I'm hoping,  I.......ok,  here goes....

Vihan:  With all my heart, all my love, all my hope........Amanda Newcombe, will you do me the great honor of joining me forever in my heart, and be my wife?

Amanda: (gasps) Oh,  oh my.....I.....

Vihan:  Please say yes, my one and only love.

Amanda:   I.......I......uh.......

Amanda:  Yes!  Oh, dear plumbob of course, yes! 

Vihand:  You will?  You really will?....

Amanda:  Oh Vee,   it's so beautiful.  How could you know just what I would love?  Of course, any ring you offered I would have loved, but this one is perfect.  Just perfect.....

Vihan:  Not as perfect or as good as you are.  You have made me the happiest guy in the world!  I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Vihan:  Put it on.  Let's see if it fits.  I want it to be just right.....

Amanda:  Ok.....

Amanda:  Pefect!  Oh, it's so beautiful.......I....Vihan,  I love you so much.  I was hoping one day......you're amazing.

Vihan,  so you really like it?  We're actually going to get married?

Amanda:  Like it?  I'm so happy I don't have any more words....

Amanda:  Whoo hoo!!!  I'm gonna be married to the man of my dreams! 

Well, it sure took them long enough, but Vihan came through in the end.  If he did this so well, one has to wonder just how great the wedding will be?

Editor's Note:
  I should apologize for how many screenies there are for such a simple thing, but their faces were too priceless to not take shots of them.  Lately it seems the Sims are just so much more expressive, it is actually hard to not take pictures of them.  Be forewarned, the wedding is going to be long and photo intensive, so my apologies beforehand.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Alternately New 7/22
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2019, 09:34:18 PM »
Never apologize for too many screenies!! I love them and helps tell the story even better. So please go to town on the wedding screenies, can't wait!
Vihan and Amanda are just too cute. <3

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Alternately New 7/22
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2019, 12:28:54 PM »
A swimwear-clad proposal accompanied by alien conspiracy theories.  Delightfully unique!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 14 - Preparation
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »
Chapter 14 - Preparation

Amanda wasted no time at all.  Since the Realization of their mutual love for one another it was a big and dizzying whirl of dates, romantic interludes, and above all, Preparation for the big day.  This was going to be a wedding par excellence.  A wedding that could possibly set the standard for all the days to come.  Somehow Amanda managed to pull it all together, and with the help of her faithful Watcher, the evening was about to begin.  The guests were all assembled, all the party goers and part makers were there.  They arrived en masse for the biggest blow out of the year.

The park in San Mishuno was groomed and had now become the one and only extravagant site for all weddings.  The Reception Room was more than ready.  The kitchen was refurbished and carried all the updated equipment.  Rest rooms were plentiful and could take care of all the guests needs.

The newly redecorated Bridal Chamber was romantically perfect and ready for the new bride and groom.  It was as if it was holding its breath, hardly able to wait for the festivities to begin.

The garden path was well lit, leading the guests to their chairs and beckoning the bride and groom on towards their destiny.  Their unity.

The excitement and anticipation in the air was palpable as the guests filed in and took their seats, anxiously awaiting the moment when the wedding couple would arrive.  Somehow it was a quiet moment, as if they all were holding their breath.

They arrived, quietly, joyfully.  The fears they may have had put aside for the moment.  The bride was beautifully gowned in a lace and tulle creation from the very best couturier.  The delicacy of the dress pointing out the delicacy and charm of such a lovely bride, never overwhelming her appearance, but somehow subtly enhancing it.  The groom, handsome as ever, sported the latest in fashionable men's wear.  The most charming of couples for certain.

As Vihan gently took Amanda's hands, they both had such looks of love.  If we listened closely we would have heard.......

Vihan:  My beloved, are you ready for this?  No doubts?

Amanda:  None.  I can barely breathe I am so full of love for you.  Do we have our vows ready?

Vihan:  Yes.  Have I told you yet how much I love you?  You are so beautiful.

Amanda:  I loved you from the first time I saw you.  I always want to be with you, for all of your days.

Amanda:  No turning back?  No regrets?

Vihan:  None.  Let's begin our adventure together, for as long as I live I will love you, and beyond.

And so, with this sweet embrace, they were ready to begin the next stage of their adventure,  The Celebration.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Alternately New 7/31 Preparation
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2019, 05:48:29 PM »
I like the changes you made to the park.  It never would have occurred to me to make that upstairs room into a bridal suite.  Very convenient.  ;)  All this time I've just had couples try for a baby in the observatory, but your way is better. 

Congrats to the happy couple.  Amanda's dress is beautiful.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Alternately New 7/31 Preparation
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »
Thank you @BallerinaHippo !  I had fun remodeling the place for sure.  Remodeled all the rooms, not that they would need to use them.  Makes me think it could be quite a fun remodel if placed elsewhere and became a Victorian mansion somewhere.  Her dress is CC.  I'm ashamed to admit I don't remember who posted it but I found it on Mod the Sims.
  Coming up, the wedding, "Confirmation", and the reception, "Celebration".

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 15 - Confirmation - The Wedding Vows
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2019, 04:02:56 PM »
Chapter 15 - Confirmation - The Wedding Vows

Amanda:  "Wherever you go, I will go....."

Amanda:  "Wherever you live, there shall I live....."

Amanda: "Your people, will be my people, and your God, will be my God too."

Vihan:  "Whenever I die, I shall die...."

Vihan:  "And there, will I be buried with love for you...."

Vihan:  "We will be together, forever....."

Together:  "And our love, will be the gift, of our lives"

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Mr. and Mrs. Newcombe.

And with all the drama and preparation done, the happy couple greeted their friends who came to share in their joy this day.  May they have many more.

Now let's PARTAYYYY!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 16 - Celebration! - The Reception
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2019, 05:55:33 AM »
Chapter 16 - Celebration! - The Reception

Well, I must say the wedding was well done and well planned, and of course the reception after was a huge success as well, as a matter of fact, it counted as a gold medal Wedding Party!  Of course there was plentiful food and drink, and everyone danced and made merry.  The only slow down was getting the two love birds to stop kissing each other!

No one really minded much, after all, this was truly a match made in heaven.  Finally the guests got them together to do the traditional cake cutting amidst much celebration and noisemakers waving.

Amanda was really pleased with how the cake turned out.  She'd made several in reserve, just in case, but this one was absolutely going to be scrumptious.  The groom, of course, was nervous and not too sure about what to do and how to go about it.

Amanda, secure in her new role as wife, knew just what to do.  All those culinary videos certainly helped as she showed her love which fork to use.

Nobody missed or poked out anyone's eye and the cake was consumed with as much love and fines as possible.

Dylan was ecstatic.  For once, no grilled cheese, and boy was this cake a treat!  He thought maybe more folks should get married more often, or at least find a good reason for cake.

Amanda:  I love you so much.  I'm getting a little tired though, aren't you?

Ihvan:  Tired?  Uh, yeah.  Getting really tired.  Great party but maybe it's time to wind it down a bit?

Random townie child:  I know what you want.  You want to go, you know,  and do grown up stuff.

Don:  Uhm,.....shouldn't you find your parents?

RTC:  Why?  Do they want to do grown up stuff too?  Maybe give me a sister?

Don:  Say......why don't you get rid of that trash bag you're toting around?  Ok?

RTC: giggles

Amanda:  She's adorable.

Ihvan:  Uh, huh, and maybe a bit too wise?

Don:  That's a girl!  You run along now! 

RTC: (more giggles)  Mr. you are either clueless or trying to get me to leave.  That's ok.  My parents do it all the time.  See ya, oh, and happy wedding day you two! 

Don:  (thinking)...Well, there they are.  What was I thinking?  I turned down the prettiest and best chance of my life.  (sigh)  This could have been me standing there looking so goofy, and so darned happy.

Ihvan:  So, my love, shall I start to round up the stragglers and close things down?

Don: (thinking)  Yeah.  You go close things down.  Make the most of my breaking heart why don't you?  (sigh),  If I had only done things differently I'd be the BEST man, and not just the Best Man at someone elses wedding.

Amanda:  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, darling, but I am getting a bit tired.  It's been a big and busy day.  You'll be kind won't you?

Ihvan:  Kindness is my middle name, but it's time to call it a night.

Ihvan:  No worries, my love.  Let the man of the house handle it.

Don:  (thinking)  Man of the house.  That could have been me.  I was such a stupid idiot.  (sigh)  I just hope she'll be happy.  I never realized how much I cared.

Amanda:  All done?

Ihvan:  Yep.  In just a few minutes we're going to be one our own.

Amanda:  Rowrrrrr.  Any plans in mind, big guy?

Ihvan:  Let's go find out, shall we?

Everything had been planned ahead.  Everything well prepared.

I think it's time to let them have some privacy, don't you?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Alternately - Celebration 8/9
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2019, 08:18:58 PM »
Love love loveeeeeee their wedding! I just caught up and it was absolutely gorgeous! I love using that park in San Myshuno as a wedding venue, and I  love the Bridal Suite idea :) Also Amanda's dress and hair is gorgeous, and Vihan is handsome as usual. Congratulations to the happy couple <3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Alternately - Celebration 8/9
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:19 AM »
Thank you, kattiq.  It was a lot of fun remodeling that build.  I've kind of always wanted to do it, but do more to make it a real home, and not just a park.  Maybe some day.  Often, when my Sims visit San M for a festival or whatever, they will spend over there and just skill up during their visit.  Sometimes more exciting than staying home!  The dress is CC.  I'm ashamed to admit I don't remember who did it but I found it on Mod the Sims.  I spend hours there looking at CC!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 17 - Lazy Hazy Days of Summer
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2019, 08:04:27 PM »
Chapter 17 - Lazy Hazy Days of Summer

Dear Diary,  Well, I'm married, and everything is different and new, and yet the same.  My now, good friend, Don Lothario seems to like to hang at our house, although he and Ivan don't seem to see eye to eye much.  Still, he's made friends with the boys and loves to challenge them to things like, his favorite past time, water balloon fights.

The locals seem to get a kick out of their antics although for the most part they avoid getting too involved.  Don has a wicked arm and manages to blast whoever is in his sight more often than not.

It seemed to be a bit too much for one of the neighbors who took herself off to find refreshment at the cool drink and iced goodies stand.  You know, it seems to me they really had no sense putting that there.  It certainly doesn't fit in with the neighborhood and one wonders what do the folks do after all those beverages?  You'd think they'd have a rest room close by, wouldn't you?  Still it makes our little beach area a pleasant place for fun and games, not to mention fishing.

While all this was going on, Ihvan and I spent as much time together as we could.  I still had a job to go to, one I really needed to max out quickly, and he still seems happy to just be the man around the house, learning new skills.  Often we'd just get together and chat about random things while I grilled and prepared food for my career.  I think this was the day I maxed out the cooking skill and now just had to work on Gourmet Cooking and Violin.  We discussed who would learn and do what to help our soon to be, (yet, to be), child.

It seemed we'd just get really into a decent discussion when it was time, once again for me to leave, hopefully full enough of inspired that my job would move along quickly.  We said good-by and off I went.

I have to tell you about my dear friend, Kelly.  He really has gotten into both gardening, (keeps our fridge well stocked with the best things!), and his career as a floral designer.  Sometimes I'd sneak a peek at him at work and his antics would leave me in giggles.  Usually he'd start off quite serious........

He'd carefully place each blossom, just so......

But then, as if he just couldn't resist he'd practice his bar tending moves and the flowers would go flying, behind his back, over his shoulder, every way they could, and still wound up perfectly placed in the vase!

I'd just have to giggle as he strutted his stuff, unawares he was being watched, and proud as a peacock over his latest creation.  What a guy!

Well, dear friend, it's time for me to move along.  There is still so much to do, so many plans to fill and dreams to dream.  See you tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll have more interesting things to write about.  G'night!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 18 - Moving Right Along
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2019, 09:56:05 PM »
Chapter 18 - Moving Right Along

Yes, Dear Diary, time moves right along.  Unfortunately, it seems a bit on the slow side to me!  It's like doing everything in half time slogged down by chains and mud to keep me from rapidly accomplishing my goals.  Is it just me?  I was feeling a little bit down in the dumps.  I hardly got to see Ihvan and there was no sign of a nooboo on the way.  Ihvan, dear soul, tried to cheer me up and get me to focus on more positive things.

He so carefully explained we were very young yet and there was plenty of time to start a family.  After all, it wasn't all that long ago we had been married.  Somehow I thought that magical night would have done the trick, but I guess I was wrong.

Being the loving and romantic guy he was, he knew all it would take is one of his kisses to make my day brighter.  It worked!

Of course, that one thing led to another, and pretty soon he had the bright idea of "let's practice making a nooboo and see where it goes".  Yeah, right.  Well, I have to admit I was definitely into that idea!

When he suggested we try something different, nothing really kinky you understand, just a "change of venue", I was all for it!

There was sort of the thrill of, "what if they come in and find us here and not in our bed", and of course, the rockets and stars were an indication of just how great it was.

Well, I've got to admit the fun of it, and not just the love making, put me in a great mood and I was ready to knock out a house party to end all house parties.  Let's dance!!  All together, and one and two and.....

Unfortunately the night was not as charming for Kelly, who was my designated cook and helper for the night.  Why that guy had to go messing around with his bees is beyond me.  I think they were just out for revenge for all the honey he stole.

Fortunately neither Kelly nor any others were badly affected. Maybe he decided to bee-friend them?  Hehheh.  Sorry, bad pun.  Anyway, Lyal got to be bartender and therefor accomplished his requirement to make three drinks at an event which moved him well along on his aspiration.  I, of course, got a Gold Medal for that party!

I also made, not only a new friend, but garnered a new housemate!  You see, the boys were getting a bit grey around the temples and I knew it wouldn't be too long before Grim came to pay a call.  Got a new bartender while I could!  Besides, I always felt sorry for the lonely Darling Walsh, and this way maybe we could help her with her long held desire for Don!  We'll see, but meanwhile, she was a welcome new member.  (And I could hardly wait to give her a bit of fashion advice as well!)

Well, we all were having so much fun no one wanted to go home.  Dylan had been jonesing  for a rocket ship and we all figured, why not?  Didn't we all have to eat a Grilled Cheese in space and then talk to Grim?  So off the party went to work on the ship.

I think Don was the best "hammer mechanic" there but it might have been a toss up when Jade made the sparks fly with her torch.

I was pretty much there in a supervisory category.  Not too found of all that banging and building you know.  So I spent some time just chatting with Lyal, who was being pretty much a sour puss about the whole thing.  I don't know why, I usually like to build things.  Maybe it's because  ...........

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 19- Too Grim for Words
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »
Chapter 19- Too Grim for Words

Dear Diary, Sometimes things are just too grim for words.  Ok, please pardon that opening note because, as you know, things had gotten very sad, and difficult in our little household. 
   We had decided that things were moving along all too well, but......what about tomorrow?  What happens if we lose our dear helpers, who are much more like family than just slave labor.  We hope we have given them a good and happy life and that they will be with us for seasons yet, but doesn't it pay to look forward to a time when they may not be with us?  To be prepared?  Ihvan and I made the decision that we had to think, not only of ourselves, but our darling child's future.  What if he or she needs the help we have been so fortunate to receive?  You already know our first choice, Darling.  She had always been sort of an outsider, a hanger on, with a sad look and a longing in her eyes for more, particularly for Don Lothario, a hopeless case at best.  So Darling was the first of the newcomers to join our little team.  We had hopes she would help out in the, by now, massive garden, or take up the task of keeping things repaired.  Maybe she could write a Book of Life or something.  We really didn't know.  We just wanted to take her in, give her a good home, (and a make over!), and see what comes of it.  I took the opportunity at the party to clue her in as to what we wanted and what it would be like for her and she was "all in".  So all in she actually started recruiting on her own, her first "find" being the guy who didn't make the cut at the library!

More about him later.  As it turns out, with a little help in the clothing and appearance, he certainly was a stunner.  But I digress.  Let's leave it at he and Darling were the next additions to the crew and will be discussed in future.
   Meanwhile, it definitely appeared we were just in time with our plans.  Our beloved Kelly had been quite a find for us, working hard in the garden and with floral arranging and more to the point, painting up a storm and keeping us afloat with lots of cash.  It was here, at his easel, that Grim came to call.  Kelly heard his approach, and knowing what was coming, his only regret was he would never get to meet our child.

Kelly:   Is that you Grim?  You coming to get me?  You really couldn't just wait a tick and let me chat about Grilled Cheese or get to kiss Amanda's kid?

Grim:  *sigh*  Hey, old man, don't make this more difficult for me than it has to be, ok?  It's a bummer you were just that one thing short of filling that ridiculous aspiration, but hey, that's the way the cheese melts.

Kelly:  Bad puns aside, you've left me alone for quite some time now.  I sort of expected it sooner.  I just grateful for the life I've had.  One last favor?  Do it quick.  Don't let my Mandy see this, ok?  She's in a delicate way.

Grim:  You're wish is my command, my friend.  Maybe we can play a game of chess on the other side.

Grim:  And with a last sigh, I took him home.  Man, I hate it when they are good ones.  (sighs)  Rest in peace, Kelly.  You will be missed here by many.  Rotten job you know, but someone has to do it and I am SO good at it.

Of course I knew nothing of what was happening right over my head.  Grim kept his word and I never saw my dear friend pass over.  Instead, I was completely immersed in my cooking skills.  I did have a job to prepare for and to max so I just kept cooking.

Ihvan was also unaware.  He was in the, what has become our "music room", plunking away at the piano.  He was determined to be able to mentor our child in that skill and I was grateful to not have to listen too closely.  Somehow "The Itsy Bitsy Speeder" lost something in translation.

With a fresh grilled cheese sandwhich in hand, I chatted up Grim, totally ignoring Leyland who seemed to have decided to take a nap just then.  I was so involved in my discussion over the merits of grilled cheese, thus satisfying one more step in the aspiration, that I paid no attention to what was happening at my feet.  Really, Leyland had been one of the least favorite people, and with his hatred of children I was pretty concerned how my child would be treated.

Grim apparently had business to do with Leyland, thus relieving my mind a bit over the future for my nooboo, and I just carried on with eating my sandwich.  You know, when you're pregnant you are constantly hungry and when you've got to eat, you've go to eat.

I'm not normally cold hearted you know, but it seems Grim had put a geas on me and there was a sense of this was right.  No harm to come to me or my nooboo it seemed.  Sadness could wait till later.  What I didn't know as "later" approaching rapidly, as Dylan felt the presence of Grim and collapsed in front of his long held dream.

Ihvan had heard a bit of commotion, and wondering who had come to call, came upon the scene just as Grim was gathering poor Leyland's sould.  He was completely devastate and really didn't understand my nonchalance and attention to my grilled cheese.

Having decided to explore his new environment a bit more, Atharv Arnold, (we call him Arnie), discovered to his horror the dead body of his new friend, Dylan, laying on the ground in front of the rocket ship.  Was this what he was getting into?  Death, alone in front of the thing you cherished the most?  Too late for doubts now.

Feeling a strange presence, he slowly turned around and was further horrified by the vision of the Grim Reaper!  He thought it was only a fairy tale, and yet here he was in the flesh, or whatever it was he had, standing there tallying up Dylan's life.

This time I was not to be protected.  I stared, horrified and deeply saddened at the body of one of my dearest friends.  How could they all be dying off so soon, and all together?  It was horrible.

We all were there, stunned and shocked with grief over our loss.  Grim, ever so gently removed the soul of our friend.  It was almost regretfully.  We were too overwhelmed to take it all in.

Grim:  Rest easy my friend.  You've been a good friend, a perfect help mate, and a beloved member of this family.  May all your dreams and aspirations come true in the Netherworld.  (sigh)  He was a good man, you know.  Grieve him well!

The moment over, the family all left to find solace where they could  Perhaps crying it out in their solitary beds, missing the near by companions who once had been there.  As for me, there was nothing more to do.  I hugged my old friend, thanked him for his gentle care and for the grilled cheese aspiration, and wished him well.

Grim:  Aww, Amanda I really hate this job you know.

Amanda:  Yes, old friend, I know.  But.......

Grim:  Someone has to do it and........

Amanda:  You're awfully good at what you do!

So we leave our old companions and go to face the future with our new ones..Good night dear diary, I have some grieving to do.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything